PDA

View Full Version : March 3rd Announcements

Altiea
Mar 3, 2018, 01:05 PM
Late March Update
-- Pushed back to March 22nd in Japan due to a national holiday.

Strategio
-- Potential: Crit Rate/Damage UP (For those who didn't see the datamine, the exact values are +100% Crit Rate and +12% Crit Damage.)
-- Strategio SAF: S1:Brilliant Ruin (Restore PP when an enemy near you dies.)

Early Game Enemies
-- Enemies from Lv. 1~39 will receive an increase in their max HP.
-- Enemies in Easy difficulty Story Quests will have their HP increased just slightly.
-- Bare Handed Attack/PA damage buffed to compensate for the resulting difficulty increase in Challenge Quest.

XQ: Earth and Phantoms
-- No Dolls and Dark Blast. Clear to unlock Expert Matching.
-- Drops Invade-NT.

Solo XQ 3
-- Also drops Invade-NT at higher rates.

Austere-NT
-- You'll be able to trade for Austere-NT in the far future. This will require Invade-NT and an unknown material as trade components.
-- Something is planned for OT Austeres too, so hold onto those.

Time Reversal Stone Chronos
-- Drop rate was apporximately once a week before drop rate buff. After buff, it increased to around 20 per week.

14* Weapons
-- Every weapon class should have an associated 14* drop by Summer.

Crest Shop
-- Crest Shop 14*s are indeed Overgrind Limit 30.

Step Jump?
-- They're considering making Step Jump acccessible in a different way rather than keeping it as a Skill Ring. However, they don't want new players to have access to it right away, so maybe a Charm or something.

STANDO PAWA!
-- A new customization feature for Dark Blast is coming this summer! This allows you to manifest your Dark Blast as a "ghost" that appears above the player instead of transforming into the full Dark Blast form, with the ghost's transparency determined by the player. (This also means you get to see your character do all the Dark Blast stuff, like dash running and ORAORAORA)

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Dark-Blast-Apparition-1.jpg

Moffen
Mar 3, 2018, 01:10 PM
"However, they don't want new players to have access to it right away,"
God forbid people start the game with a basic way to move about.

ralf542
Mar 3, 2018, 01:24 PM
Still no Viel Hunar form?

Kintama
Mar 3, 2018, 01:25 PM
Early Game Enemies
-- Enemies from Lv. 1~39 will receive an increase in their max HP.

How about late game ennemies? I stopped playing DOs and TAs because things died in one hit..

Silent_Flower
Mar 3, 2018, 01:30 PM
Late March Update
XQ: Earth and Phantoms
-- No Dolls and Dark Blast. Clear to unlock Expert Matching.
-- Drops Invade-NT.

<sarcasm> OMG! No dolls, no Dark Blast. How I suppose to cheese it and drag the team down and fail every death limit mission</sarcasm>

Well, the expert requirements so need updating to keep up with the gear we keep getting.

Time Reversal Stone Chronos
-- Drop rate was apporximately once a week before drop rate buff. After buff, it increased to around 20 per week.

They actually drop?

Crest Shop

Great... I should keep my excubes then...

Anduril
Mar 3, 2018, 01:31 PM
Still no Viel Hunar form?
I don't doubt that that will come at the end of the Omega story when we merge with [Persona].

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the ghostly Dark Blast thing, especially with the [Loser] Dark Blast; time to come up with some flight forms for my Caseals.

Altiea
Mar 3, 2018, 01:39 PM
Added a preview image for your Stand the new Dark Blast option.

doomdragon83
Mar 3, 2018, 01:41 PM
Crest Shop

...hoo boy.

the_importer_
Mar 3, 2018, 02:48 PM
...hoo boy.

When you think about it, even if you were able to grab 10 crests per day everyday, it would take you 10 months to get a weapon at +35..... and 2 months later, these weapons would start dropping like 13★ currently do -_-

echofaith
Mar 3, 2018, 02:49 PM
I am personally happy for the 14* exchange grind limit. My OCD makes me want it even less, and my casual nature wont be grinding 3k crests for a weapon that will get outclassed not so far from now. I now have a good excuse to forget about crest farming :p
Happy to know about step jump too, since one extra slot open is always good. And of course happy about OT Austeres having a chance to be useful(though I wont keep my hopes up on how much...)

wahahaha
Mar 3, 2018, 03:16 PM
Regarding 14* with 30 grind limit, on the worst case you lose roughly 50 ~ 100 raw attack by not having it +35. Is that really an issue? Best case scenario if you get an extra copy (as drop) you can get limit to +35 and keep farming other weapons.

kurokyosuke
Mar 3, 2018, 03:47 PM
Regarding 14* with 30 grind limit, on the worst case you lose roughly 50 ~ 100 raw attack by not having it +35. Is that really an issue? Best case scenario if you get an extra copy (as drop) you can get limit to +35 and keep farming other weapons.

It certainly is to min-maxers, but everyone else, I'd think not. About the only other thing you lose is the Special Ability Factor, though personally I don't see that as an issue either (all non-S-class ★14s have Ability4, which is +20 to all stats).

jooozek
Mar 3, 2018, 04:38 PM
i hope step jump is a title quest

why would you ever do that when they drop with the max grind cap unlocked?????????????

Dark Mits
Mar 3, 2018, 04:54 PM
"However, they don't want new players to have access to it right away,"
God forbid people start the game with a basic way to move about.They could always add it as a passive ability that requires completing a Koffie Client order when a player reaches a certain level (40? 50?). Or add it as a title. I mean, it's not like new players also get Dark Blast and Compound Techs immediately.

Strategeo +100% crit chance? Does this mean that if I would have 20%, it would increase to 40%, or does it mean that everything is outright Critical? Also would that mean that Shifta Crit buff from TE would now be obsolete?

Buff to hp of enemies in low levels is indeed weird. It's the end-game that needs a buff, not early. And not just in HP.

From 1 Chronos stone per week to 20 is indeed a massive boost, but it still means that the drop chance less than 0,1% when clears per week is in the order of tens of thousands (I assume).

Stock 14*s at 30 grind cap means that it'll take a lot of time to max one that way... Or is it Sega's way to force us to spend Class Cubes on that item that increases grind cap? I don't know about you guys, but I am still at less than 100 without spending them on anything.

Regarding 14* with 30 grind limit, on the worst case you lose roughly 50 ~ 100 raw attack by not having it +35. Is that really an issue? Best case scenario if you get an extra copy (as drop) you can get limit to +35 and keep farming other weapons.It's a 2%-4% damage increase depending on your atk (the higher you have, the lower the relative bonus).

Tunga
Mar 3, 2018, 05:45 PM
Crest Shop
-- Crest Shop 14*s are indeed Overgrind Limit 30
Someone is going to have a heart attack with this.

AnikaSteinberg
Mar 3, 2018, 06:07 PM
hmm, would Strategeo series feature all weapon types, or just select ones like Tactio?
Would've been (finally) interesting to tweak S-affixes on a 13* with that kind of potential.

Gwyndolin
Mar 3, 2018, 06:28 PM
The stand version of Dark Blast looks pretty cool and I can't wait to see my character shooting out beams with the Angel form like I'm someone out of Dragonball Z! :D

pika2525
Mar 3, 2018, 07:07 PM
I don't get why anyone would complain about missing 50-100ATK for... How incredibly potent most of the 14*s are. The Quelle Scarlette especially, is basically the best DS in the game in terms of mobbing.

the_importer_
Mar 3, 2018, 07:08 PM
The stand version of Dark Blast looks pretty cool and I can't wait to see my character shooting out beams with the Angel form like I'm someone out of Dragonball Z! :D

Funny that you mention DBZ because if feels like SEGA is ripping up the concept behind Blue Dragon, an XBOX 360 game with art made by Akira Toriyama.

Tunga
Mar 3, 2018, 07:45 PM
Funny that you mention DBZ because if feels like SEGA is ripping up the concept behind Blue Dragon, an XBOX 360 game with art made by Akira Toriyama.
Looks like this too me.[SPOILER-BOX]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/powerlisting/images/b/bb/Nero_Yamato.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130814134323[/SPOILER-BOX]

Kondibon
Mar 3, 2018, 08:23 PM

Looks like this too me.[SPOILER-BOX]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/powerlisting/images/b/bb/Nero_Yamato.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130814134323[/SPOILER-BOX]

Come on you guys...

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/jjba/images/a/ad/JotaroWStarPlatinum.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/350?cb=20140404183317

oratank
Mar 3, 2018, 08:46 PM
well stand and nero devil trigger are difference

Gwyndolin
Mar 3, 2018, 09:03 PM
Come on you guys...

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/jjba/images/a/ad/JotaroWStarPlatinum.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/350?cb=20140404183317

The DBZ comment I made actually was referring to using Angel's beam attacks on my character. The stand thing is well obviously a JoJo thing.

Kondibon
Mar 3, 2018, 09:25 PM
well stand and nero devil trigger are differenceOraora tho. I was more commenting on Jojo being a lot older and more popular in japan anyway. If they were "copying" anything it's more likely that. But even then, it's not like it's a unique idea.

The DBZ comment I made actually was referring to using Angel's beam attacks on my character. The stand thing is well obviously a JoJo thing.
I didn't even quote you.

Tunga
Mar 3, 2018, 09:57 PM
Come on you guys...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/OvSBB5RHv0s/hqdefault.jpg

igokk331
Mar 3, 2018, 10:08 PM
It's like Susanoo. Actually looking forward to how character animation in this form will look like. I'd hate to see female chars punching like some brute.

I hope Step jump becomes a default skill.. and eventually Hero's double jump too.

Kondibon
Mar 3, 2018, 10:48 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/OvSBB5RHv0s/hqdefault.jpgHe's not a psychic projection though.

Tunga
Mar 3, 2018, 10:54 PM
He's not a psychic projection though.

Are you doubting nuclear jesus? :wacko:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/193453620644151297/419703907640672267/aaaa.jpg

Kondibon
Mar 3, 2018, 11:05 PM
Are you doubting nuclear jesus? :wacko:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/193453620644151297/419703907640672267/aaaa.jpg
Fair enough

Altiea
Mar 3, 2018, 11:05 PM
Strategeo +100% crit chance? Does this mean that if I would have 20%, it would increase to 40%, or does it mean that everything is outright Critical? Also would that mean that Shifta Crit buff from TE would now be obsolete?

Crit Chance always stacks additively. So in this case, Strategio literally makes all of your damage numbers blue, because it pretty much sets your Crit Rate to 100%. In this sense, that 12% Crit damage is essentially a vanilla damage boost because it's always active, but because the bonus and pot is tied to a 100% Crit Rate, you can do some interesting things with it, like FI with no Brave S Crit/Fury S Crit, R/C Strike replacing R/Perfect Keeper, and so forth.

The HP buff to early game is to offset the slew of balance patches, which have made early game far too easy (even in relation to endgame).

They said that if there were to implement Step Jump as a Charm or similar reward, it'd have to involve showing an L/Step Jump Ring to an NPC or something similar.

(Also, don't quote me on this, but I was told that they mentioned the Wand PA in the stream, and it's supposed to be a gapcloser PA with tremendous striking power.)

Tunga
Mar 3, 2018, 11:19 PM
(Also, don't quote me on this, but I was told that they mentioned the Wand PA in the stream, and it's supposed to be a gapcloser PA with tremendous striking power.)
They'll make it OP, get everyone hyped then nerf it.

AnikaSteinberg
Mar 4, 2018, 12:42 AM
Also, don't quote me on this, but I was told that they mentioned the Wand PA in the stream, and it's supposed to be a gapcloser PA with tremendous striking power.

Confirming this bit of news here, I was also watching the stream live yesterday, and they did mention a "Laconium sword-like" PA that they would like to implement as wand PA. It was kind of delivered as a thought though, so it did not actually officially confirm the development, but they did mention it in the stream.

Tymek
Mar 4, 2018, 05:45 AM
Confirming this bit of news here, I was also watching the stream live yesterday, and they did mention a "Laconium sword-like" PA that they would like to implement as wand PA. It was kind of delivered as a thought though, so it did not actually officially confirm the development, but they did mention it in the stream.

That would be amazing.

FantasyHeaven
Mar 4, 2018, 09:37 AM
It literally takes them 3 months to implement a textureless transparent version of dark whatever pointless thing that is already in the game
I take it this is about all we can expect until winter? this team never fails to amaze :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

wefwq
Mar 4, 2018, 03:04 PM
It literally takes them 3 months to implement a textureless transparent version of dark whatever pointless thing that is already in the game
I take it this is about all we can expect until winter? this team never fails to amaze :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:
At least now you can watch your character running like mad gorilla in the wild.

Terrence
Mar 4, 2018, 03:53 PM
I take it this is about all we can expect until winter? this team never fails to amaze.Did they specifically say they have been working on the implementation of 'Ghost Blast' since Dark Blast is available ?

pika2525
Mar 5, 2018, 08:55 AM
Did they specifically say they have been working on the implementation of 'Ghost Blast' since Dark Blast is available ?

If someone's talking like that, your best bet is not to bother responding to them. They've gotten it in their head that the dev team is either maliciously withholding content or some shit, or that they're just literally completely incompetent. It's not worth trying to reason at that point...

NightlightPro
Mar 5, 2018, 02:05 PM
when 13* units?

Great Pan
Mar 5, 2018, 06:48 PM
Nothing amazes me now, since MHW is all the hype.

Masu
Mar 5, 2018, 08:20 PM
If someone's talking like that, your best bet is not to bother responding to them. They've gotten it in their head that the dev team is either maliciously withholding content or some shit, or that they're just literally completely incompetent. It's not worth trying to reason at that point...
Imho the fact they are doing an alternative of current DB is because of confusion/lack of visibility when 12 of them are assaulting Omega Hunar in a random castle room ;v Color changing is maybe an attempt to lessen this confusion while they work on ghost version. Still waiting for AIS customization <_<

GHNeko
Mar 5, 2018, 08:22 PM
Imho the fact they are doing an alternative of current DB is because of confusion/lack of visibility when 12 of them are assaulting Omega Hunar in a random castle room ;v

that or they really love jojos.

Masu
Mar 5, 2018, 08:27 PM
that or they really love jojos.
Maybe it primarily is a "fix" and then thought it was cool because hey it's like Jojos! So from all the possible fix they found from their brainstorming session, they kept this one :B

Kondibon
Mar 5, 2018, 11:39 PM
Imho the fact they are doing an alternative of current DB is because of confusion/lack of visibility when 12 of them are assaulting Omega Hunar in a random castle room ;v Color changing is maybe an attempt to lessen this confusion while they work on ghost version. Still waiting for AIS customization <_<Considering the color changing, and probably the transparency, are both optional, I doubt it. It probably just has more to do with players wanting more customization for them combined with the fact that they're usable in more situations than AIS.

If they were doing it for screen clutter reasons then I think they'd give players an option to effect the visibility of other peoples' DBs.

Dark Mits
Mar 6, 2018, 01:23 AM
Regarding visibility, they should give us the option of hiding effects and damage numbers from other players, at least in 12man content. I need to know what I'm doing, not the rest.

GHNeko
Mar 6, 2018, 02:31 AM
Regarding visibility, they should give us the option of hiding effects and damage numbers from other players, at least in 12man content. I need to know what I'm doing, not the rest.

Just switch to T1 like I did. I can finally see what's going on during Mom's Downs now! :wacko:

Just barely though.

Vatallus
Mar 6, 2018, 08:52 AM
Everybody calling the new dark blast graphics a stand and I'm just like:
[SPOILER-BOX]
https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/cEO7aXeA9iPxqDyUnEseLQS-iG-IuhkZr6Chc5PpZig/https/i.ytimg.com/vi/Nu9PDE-yRv0/maxresdefault.jpg?width=939&height=529[/SPOILER-BOX]

That is what I thought of first.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 7, 2018, 01:04 AM
its like theyre trying to figure out what to work on or something like theyre bored until they have to put in work for Ep6