PDA

View Full Version : So, Austere-NT, are you hyped? What are you hopes for this new line of weapon?

the_importer_
Mar 5, 2018, 12:36 AM
Quick recap from bumped:

-One day in the future, you’ll be able to evolve your Invade-NT into Austere-NT.
-It may go like this [Invade-NT] + [Some Exchange Item] = Austere-NT
-Your old-type Austere won’t be left out in the cold because they have stuff planned for them as well

With that timbit of info, what do you hope for?

For me, I hope that not only are they are 14★ weapons, but that they surpass what we currently have.

Austere weapons were the ultimate weapons to have when I left the game 22 months ago. While they got surpassed while I was gone, I still kept mine when I came back because, well, it meant a lot to me, I worked hard to get that weapon. So my 2nd wish is that they make the trade worth wild.

Finally, as Fo/Te, I hope that they take the concept of the Eternal Psycho Drive and run with it, go beyond 75% attribute conversion, I want to be able to kill enemies on XH with 1 or 2 hits like so many other classes can. Forces are suppose to be slow glass canons, but since XH came around years ago, this has never been the case.

final_attack
Mar 5, 2018, 12:55 AM
Hope?

No need to get Invade-NT drop to get Austere-NT ..... hopefully we can just trade OT-Austere to Austere-NT (max grind 35).

Considering I only played with Tmg most of the time ..... needing to get Invade-NT (Tmg) to drop kinda .... :/ if rng decided to troll.

the_importer_
Mar 5, 2018, 01:04 AM
Hope?

No need to get Invade-NT drop to get Austere-NT ..... hopefully we can just trade OT-Austere to Austere-NT (max grind 35).

Considering I only played with Tmg most of the time ..... needing to get Invade-NT (Tmg) to drop kinda .... :/ if rng decided to troll.

I wouldn't worry about it, SEGA can be dicks, but even they have their limits, they'll allow some sort of trade to get an Austere-NT. Plus, they'll be able to be dickish either way because the people who used their old Austere as grind food or fodder will be super pissed :p

LinkEP
Mar 5, 2018, 01:08 AM
-Your old-type Austere won’t be left out in the cold because they have stuff planned for them as well

I'm guessing OT Austere might gonna have the 2nd upgrade for the next PD.

EDIT: I mean 2nd upgrade, not 3rd upgrade.

EvilMag
Mar 5, 2018, 01:43 AM
i'm expecting something dumb like the exchange process you need to do to convert your nemesis and slave OTs into NTs.

Zulastar
Mar 5, 2018, 02:03 AM
I think it will be top weapon series of the game before 15* release.
OT-Austere most likely will can be changed for Invade-NT and Austere-NT reqs will be like 999 Lambda Grinders...

Let's pray it didn't require any other +35 weapons except Invade-NT for exchange.

pkemr4
Mar 5, 2018, 02:56 AM
cant wait for attribute boost 5% to shoot up in price

Golgotha
Mar 5, 2018, 03:19 AM
With that timbit of info, what do you hope for?

It doesn't feel like anything important? One day in the next few years there will be weapon upgrade, one among others, that will look exactly (probably) like austere series. By that time 14s will be a baseline. Of course they will be the best... by 5% off the alternatives.

Austere were special back when you didn't have stuff issued on files, and without attending to ult 24/8 you'd need to do something around with non-rainbow stuff or extending.
Nowadays you have so many options, starting from purchasable atra, that its not even funny.

I mean, more power, yaaay.

wefwq
Mar 5, 2018, 04:30 AM
New stone and boosters to pickup.

Gaylar
Mar 5, 2018, 05:29 AM
Austere Calibur is easily one of the best looking swords in the game IMO, so I'm happy it's getting revived. Mine's been rotting in my inventory for lord knows how long.

I'm just hoping they stay relevant for as long as they did back then; I got more mileage out of my OT Austere than any other weapon, the only thing that comes close is maybe Qliphad.

Spellbinder
Mar 5, 2018, 05:30 AM
I'm only hoping RNG doesn't spit in my eye. If they do this like Nemesis and Slave, they won't drop according to your class, and since I'm mainly summoner there won't be an exchange when I find one I can't use.

ralf542
Mar 5, 2018, 05:30 AM
I hope we can use Austere OT as a material for a really stong 14★ weapon and that we need 99 weaponoid boosters, 999 Conqueror’s Crests and many rare gathering materials(Petit Rodos, Model Ship, etc.) for it.

Moffen
Mar 5, 2018, 06:10 AM
I dont see why people expect this to be super powerful,or why it should be.
We have Atra and a small few drop 14*s.
I really doubt they'll be too much of a power jump,especially considering they still need to keep farming zieg 14*s relevant.

I almost half expect tactio 2.0 where they give us 1 SSA slot and call it a day.

GHNeko
Mar 5, 2018, 06:28 AM
I dont see why people expect this to be super powerful,or why it should be.
We have Atra and a small few drop 14*s.
I really doubt they'll be too much of a power jump,especially considering they still need to keep farming zieg 14*s relevant.

I almost half expect tactio 2.0 where they give us 1 SSA slot and call it a day.

We have atra, but people play more than one class.

I also expect Austere NT to have some utility outside of damage boosting. I kinda half expect for them to port the pot of OT Austere but even if that's the case, PP regen and damage boost would be kindly welcomed for several of my builds as my Atra is occupied by Br atm. :wacko:

ews1114
Mar 5, 2018, 08:04 AM
Goodbye Invade NT, indicated useless but a trade fodder before officially released

jooozek
Mar 5, 2018, 08:07 AM
more like austurdere amirite

echofaith
Mar 5, 2018, 08:08 AM
I am thinking they will have 2 different exchanges for Austere, one where the OT will have some use. Just want the OT version to not rely in RNG from farming fodders, and is just stones needed.

Aexorcet
Mar 5, 2018, 08:41 AM
I want two things, for Austere NT to not require RNG to obtain and for it to be the most powerful weapon in the game for years so that powercreep stops.

Loveless62
Mar 5, 2018, 10:41 AM
I'm not looking forward to farming Nero-NTs and Caligula-NTs for these weapons.

and for it to be the most powerful weapon in the game for years so that powercreep stops.
LUL Sega is not going to let their support scratch income or their other revenue streams stop flowing. Keep chasing that carrot.

the_importer_
Mar 5, 2018, 10:55 AM

LUL Sega is not going to let their support scratch income or their other revenue streams stop flowing. Keep chasing that carrot.

Didn't the original Austeres stay on top for a year?

Saffran
Mar 5, 2018, 11:04 AM
I'm still using my Austere. I won't change for anything less than a real 14 stars (omega elder pain really).

maoulizbeth
Mar 5, 2018, 11:22 AM
I'm still using my Austere. I won't change for anything less than a real 14 stars (omega elder pain really).

delete this immediately for your own sake

the_importer_
Mar 5, 2018, 11:40 AM

Don't know your class, but does Atra offer any good super special abilities?

Zulastar
Mar 5, 2018, 11:42 AM

They always can add to reqs 999 Class Excubes or other same shit.

As for a OT-Austere I'm still using it on a 3rd character for a daily routine. It's really fine until you don't come with it in top-end EQs where no room for a slack like rematches and e.t.c.

silo1991
Mar 5, 2018, 11:55 AM
i still have my old invade dual blades for my bouncer , i never got the austere DB and my question is at this point is still a good idea fight for an austere DB for trnasform it into NT ver. obiusly i have to wait and see how this new weapons come

the_importer_
Mar 5, 2018, 11:55 AM
They always can add to reqs 999 Class Excubes or other same shit.

As for a OT-Austere I'm still using it on a 3rd character for a daily routine. It's really fine until you don't come with it in top-end EQs where no room for a slack like rematches and e.t.c.

That would require 200 level ups for 1 particular class at over 10 000 000 EXP per level. Even if you have all the time in the world to get 2 level ups per week, that's still over 3 months of intense grinding. Not sure if anyone would have what it takes to grind this much unless it would be the last weapon they would ever need, and even then.

Zulastar
Mar 5, 2018, 01:00 PM
Not sure if anyone would have what it takes to grind this much unless it would be the last weapon they would ever need, and even then.
If this will be strongest series of the game except future 15* people will do any shit for getting it.

the_importer_
Mar 5, 2018, 01:07 PM
If this will be strongest series of the game except future 15* people will do any shit for getting it.

Pretty sure people would start hacking class cubes above anything else.

Saffran
Mar 5, 2018, 01:12 PM
Maoulizbeth> Nah it's fine.

Importer > I don't have the materials to exchange for it. I've been destroying 13 stars weapons ever since it became a thing and I'm still several hundreds shy of every material needed. I mostly play HuFi but I keep a collection for every class. I intend to get an Atra Rifle and an Atra Wand (possibly a Rod too) but as far as swords go I really want something genuine and not some budget crap.

BTW did they say anything about Union Weapons? With the Ray series being so readily available, I thought those might get some relevance again, but...

Zulastar
Mar 5, 2018, 02:01 PM
BTW did they say anything about Union Weapons? With the Ray series being so readily available, I thought those might get some relevance again, but...
Union is a starter gear now. Aviable everytime with 2018 weapon badges and after some Solo PD runs, which tickets aviable for these badges too.

NightlightPro
Mar 5, 2018, 02:02 PM
my austere katana and sword 60e can't wait for this

Dark Mits
Mar 5, 2018, 02:08 PM
Generally, you want materials for crafting cutting-edge equipment to be:

1) Tradeable between players, to stimulate market and empty up hoards
2) Farmable in content that isn't at the same time the go-to option for quick exp, or quick meseta, or ultra-rare items
3) Farmable in non-cutting edge content, (a) to require running content that is "obsolete", (b) to fight boredom, (c) to "boost" newer players at the same time

Initially I expected that the Atra series would suddenly make all those piles of Gold- and Saphard mats disappear, and at the same time entice players to deconstruct 10*s and 11*s instead of excubing them, which could mean that general meseta income would be reduced, further reducing irrelevant market items. But with Sega allowing 13*s to deconstruct into gold- and saphards, I currently have more of them than the day Atra was implemented, and that's without actively going for CFs.

Zulastar
Mar 5, 2018, 02:15 PM
1) Tradeable between players, to stimulate market and empty up hoards

There much stuff in this game I wish were tradeble like Summonners pancakes and Parfaits, Lambda Grinders and e.t.c. needed by other players. They are easily could be sold for pretty much of meseta...

echofaith
Mar 5, 2018, 03:55 PM
SEGA tends to make top content take time and actual playing(even if leeching) to be attained, whether is from long grinding prereqs, to bad RNG rates. Only once I remember that their welfare was top(Astra from mother CF) but the jump was mostly to remove Austeres and OT system from relevance. They also quickly released Gix afterward to be the tryhard series. Right now Atra has been the biggest welfare so far, but they also have the drop only(now with stones exchange!) to prolong EQ interest. The funny thing is that difference from welfare to tryhard isnt even that big, but its certainly good enough to keep both parties happy, so props to Sega.

Curious on how things would go if they made all endgame content tradeable. It would certainly kill part of the playerbase and make them EQ less and merchant more to buy their gear. But it would also motivate other part of the playerbase to get extra drops for meseta. I for sure would love to turn my unwanted drops into fashion fuel c:

TheFanaticViper
Mar 5, 2018, 05:15 PM
Well i have an Austere DS who sleep in my storage, but now all i want is a Quelle Scarlette!
If i look for an Austere NT in the future, it will be probably for the next advance class.

Yurashina
Mar 6, 2018, 10:48 AM
Quick recap from bumped:

-One day in the future, you’ll be able to evolve your Invade-NT into Austere-NT.
-It may go like this [Invade-NT] + [Some Exchange Item] = Austere-NT

"OT Austere can be exchanged in the future" So, they still continuing to play like a kid and force old players to wait.

It's sad, really.

pika2525
Mar 6, 2018, 07:16 PM
"OT Austere can be exchanged in the future" So, they still continuing to play like a kid and force old players to wait.

It's sad, really.

A: Having an AustereOT doesn't make you an "old player"
B: The InvadeNT to AustereNT upgrade is coming after the release of InvadeNT, likely at the same time the AustereOT to AustereNT upgrade comes out.

Moffen
Mar 6, 2018, 07:55 PM
Austere NT begone tbh,wheres my Ares NT.
OG Ares farming was way way worse than anything austere/crest could have pulled.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 7, 2018, 01:01 AM
Austere NT begone tbh,wheres my Ares NT.
OG Ares farming was way way worse than anything austere/crest could have pulled.
we re-experienced that with Nem/Slave NT's, a lot of people would say that Crests would be better atm even though 1-2 per EQ is sorta painful. 50 per weekly too is kinda helpful but 10 weeks on top of EQ's, slow grind, have to rely on drop at that point

thehondachef
Mar 9, 2018, 10:50 AM
How about new S-abilities? S5-8...so I don't have to deal with the current affixing system again.

GHNeko
Mar 9, 2018, 04:06 PM
How about new S-abilities? S5-8...so I don't have to deal with the current affixing system again.

Safe to assume they wont be out for a while and that S4-S6 are reserved for 14* weapons, with S7 and S8 being for 15* weapons as S1-S3 are for 13* weapons.

Soooo

not for a long fucking time homie.

Xaelouse
Mar 9, 2018, 05:15 PM
they should make their game enjoyable first before hyping up some wack weapons

I was never obsessed with Austere and its looks

Selphea
Mar 9, 2018, 09:42 PM
Cool skin, hopefully we can recolor this time round.

But game itself needs to somehow refresh its formula. Nowadays I log in and I just lose all motivation to run any TAs or dailies or guruguru EQ that I've already run for years.

RadiantLegend
Mar 10, 2018, 05:12 PM
If it's super grindy then screw it.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 10, 2018, 11:41 PM
they should make their game enjoyable first before hyping up some wack weapons

your on to something

FantasyHeaven
Mar 11, 2018, 09:34 AM
If it's super grindy then screw it.
More like if there's any grind at all then screw it. Or actually just screw it in the first place.
I'd be surprised if there's anyone left that can actually be excited over yet another +1%. There's absolutely nothing to aim for in this game since collection files/etc and there won't be.

the_importer_
Mar 26, 2018, 02:51 PM
Gonna revive this old topic since the NT Invade weapons got released. I'll use Invade Sorcerer as the focus since it fall more into my area.

In terms of raw power, it's a bit more than 200 T-ATK than the OG Invade and part of it's potential is the same as the OG Austere in the sense that it boost power by 12%. Like the Val weapons, it can use S1, S2 and S3 abilities. All in all, a better version of the Invade rod. Going by this logic, NT Austeres should have a similar if not better boost, but how good compared to our current 14★ weapons?

Can the NT Austere Rod beat the Atra Zemus since it will be using the same S4 ability? How better will the potential be, 20% boost instead of 10% or 12%? It will need to if it wants me to even bother getting one over my Atra Zemus. What about Vs. the Eternal Psycho Drive, can it beat it's potential? Only way it could would be with with a 25% potential boot combined with S4 and a better Special ability factor, not to mention better raw stats.

If it's going to be the best 14★ weapons like the OG Austeres were once the best 13★ weapons, will SEGA wait until people are done collecting Crests and have +35 weapons before releasing the NT Austere weapon line?

So many questions...

echofaith
Mar 26, 2018, 07:48 PM
I am curious what they plan to do with the Evleda series. I am sure the majority skipped that CF, and yet they extended the duration. I am getting my 6 copies just in case they decide you need to one in order to get the top tier Ep 5 weapon :s

Asellus
Mar 26, 2018, 09:07 PM
We don't get Austere NT until PD omega makes an appearance and we haven't even seen the rest of the dark falz gang yet. Expect a lot of other trash filler until PD omega and subsequently Austere NT. So as game progression goes that means everything we currently have is going to become trash, it's the reason why pso2 is basically giving away current 14 stars.

The one thing I'm not looking forward too is having to collect XQ stones again (unless we get a straight up upgrade into NT from OT).

the_importer_
Mar 26, 2018, 09:24 PM
We don't get Austere NT until PD omega makes an appearance and we haven't even seen the rest of the dark falz gang yet. Expect a lot of other trash filler until PD omega and subsequently Austere NT. So as game progression goes that means everything we currently have is going to become trash, it's the reason why pso2 is basically giving away current 14 stars.

The one thing I'm not looking forward too is having to collect XQ stones again (unless we get a straight up upgrade into NT from OT).

I don't recall, have they stated that we're not getting Austere until PD Omega? Back in October 2015, we got Invade and Austere weapons at the same time and Invade weapons were both drops from PD and you could obtain them with a trade of 100 Profound Caligula Fragments and 100 ExCubes. This situation seems different since we only get Invade NT from drops that have nothing to do with PD.

Also, I'll take the Austere's grocery list over killing that fucking dragon over 1000 times -_-

Cyber Meteor
Mar 26, 2018, 10:08 PM
They never mentonned when we'll get Austere NT, nor said anything about a PD Omega. The only thing that was said about Austere NT are : it'll be a "Invade-NT + specific item" type of trade, and there will be a way to convert Austere OT to NT with no words on how this conversion will look like

Zulastar
Mar 27, 2018, 10:15 AM
They never mentonned when we'll get Austere NT, nor said anything about a PD Omega. The only thing that was said about Austere NT are : it'll be a "Invade-NT + specific item" type of trade, and there will be a way to convert Austere OT to NT with no words on how this conversion will look like

More likely Austere OT for Invade NT. And grind full list of items like for Austere OT trading. I bet there will be Lambda grinders and Class Excubes it it, but how much?..

Loveless62
Mar 27, 2018, 10:37 AM
With my storage issues, I don't really want to collect Invade-NT weapons yet until I know more about how we obtain Omega Austere/Austere-NT. I am aware that I may regret it.

Zulastar
Mar 27, 2018, 01:51 PM
They may add Qliphad and Ether fuses in exchange list just for LOL.

ZER0 DX
Mar 27, 2018, 10:27 PM
Almost don't want to use my crests on the current 14* if they end up making those a requirement for the trade in. I don't have an Invade-NT since XQ is balls and won't be touching that again now that it's cleared, but I have this nagging feeling they'll be needed for the OT conversion.

the_importer_
Mar 27, 2018, 11:51 PM
Almost don't want to use my crests on the current 14* if they end up making those a requirement for the trade in. I don't have an Invade-NT since XQ is balls and won't be touching that again now that it's cleared, but I have this nagging feeling they'll be needed for the OT conversion.

Same here. Stock pilling those along with Fo class cubes and any material to could possibly be used for trading.

My theories on the trade with an OG Austere are as followed in order of the most generous to the least generous:

1- Trade Austere OG at +40 with 60 element + 100~200 Crest + 100~200 Class cubes for an Austere NT at 60 element that can be grinded to 35

2- Trade Austere OG at +40 with 60 element for an Invade NT at 60 element that can be grinded to 35 which in turn, you can trade for an Austere NT with whatever it requires to trade

3- Trade an Austere OG with a bunch of crap for an Austere NT below 60 element (15~30) that can be grinded to 30, rinse and repeat 5 more times

4- Trade an Austere OG with a bunch of crap for an Invade NT below 60 element (15~30) that can be grinded to 30, rinse and repeat 5 more times to trade an Invade at +35 and 60 element + a bunch of crap for your Austere -_-

ArcaneTechs
Mar 28, 2018, 01:29 AM
im expecting the Nem/Slave conversion for austere but i agree on the longass list of mats for the trade just like the OTs if it doesnt happen that way

Zorak000
Mar 28, 2018, 09:30 AM
I'm betting Austere OT will be used for something completely unrelated; and if they were doing austere OT to invade NT I would have assumed they would have done that already.
the wording they used; or at least, was used in bumped's translation, sounds too much like they won't be used to get austere NT in any form.
I doubt it'll involve the Evleda upgrade chain too, simply because of the Tact being there, but eh maybe they could have something else fill in; like 3 or 6 super megaton parfaits hahaha.....

I picked up a 60% austere rifle from that es event earlier in the month since that was basiclally no work at all compared to getting one normally haha.

I was using my austere talis on hero until Atra rod freed up my quilphad talis to be moved to that character heh.

I have 2 OT invade doublesabers that dropped from Solo Onion triggers but like heck im doing that exchange twice again...

if Austere NT isn't at least a 14* with s4 support (or s1-3 and s5 lmao) then what's the point

the_importer_
Mar 28, 2018, 10:13 AM
I'm betting Austere OT will be used for something completely unrelated; and if they were doing austere OT to invade NT I would have assumed they would have done that already.
the wording they used; or at least, was used in bumped's translation, sounds too much like they won't be used to get austere NT in any form.
I doubt it'll involve the Evleda upgrade chain too, simply because of the Tact being there, but eh maybe they could have something else fill in; like 3 or 6 super megaton parfaits hahaha.....

I picked up a 60% austere rifle from that es event earlier in the month since that was basiclally no work at all compared to getting one normally haha.

I was using my austere talis on hero until Atra rod freed up my quilphad talis to be moved to that character heh.

I have 2 OT invade doublesabers that dropped from Solo Onion triggers but like heck im doing that exchange twice again...

if Austere NT isn't at least a 14* with s4 support (or s1-3 and s5 lmao) then what's the point

My response to this, SEGA doesn't want to add something to Zieg's menu until they're ready for the Invade NT trades. They also want people to use to buy premium to increase their chances in getting an Invade NT in Extreme Quests (not a coincidence that both of these were released at the same time).

Also, while it's true that Invade NT weapons are 13★, it would be rather disappointing if Austere NT weapons were not 14★, simply for the legacy name that once made these the best weapons to own for +/- a year. Also, why would they be so secretive about Austere NT weapons it these were not going to be the next big thing?

Zulastar
Mar 28, 2018, 05:20 PM
What I understand about Austere OT: it was a summary for farmers who deposit all their trade-in materials in the storage for a pretty long time without using it. Players, who didn't done this was a way in disadvantage. And it was a best weapon for some period of time.

I expect someting similar from Austere-NT, and it is a great chance for SEGA to end this loop of weapon power-ups and make a pause in it. I mean end of an ark of story episode e.t.c.

pika2525
Mar 28, 2018, 07:37 PM
What I understand about Austere OT: it was a summary for farmers who deposit all their trade-in materials in the storage for a pretty long time without using it. Players, who didn't done this was a way in disadvantage. And it was a best weapon for some period of time.

I expect someting similar from Austere-NT, and it is a great chance for SEGA to end this loop of weapon power-ups and make a pause in it. I mean end of an ark of story episode e.t.c.

I mean, hardly. Austere wasn't terribly difficult to get if you actively played.

Tunga
Mar 28, 2018, 07:50 PM
I mean, hardly. Austere wasn't terribly difficult to get if you actively played.

It wasnt difficult, it was time consuming.

Moffen
Mar 28, 2018, 08:03 PM
It also killed off weapon variety because every time you asked someone what weapon you should use because you cant farm austere,they'd reply with "Lol get austere"

At least SSAs fix that :wacko:

Zulastar
Mar 28, 2018, 08:19 PM
I don't say it was difficult. I say someone had all reqs in their storage and others had to grind all from the beginning.
So it makes me to keep all garbage I don't use but SEGA can made into another one "Austere".

the_importer_
Mar 28, 2018, 08:54 PM
It wasnt difficult, it was time consuming.

And playing the same EQ 500 times to get a drop isn't? Say what you will about the Austere grocery list, but at least it gave people some hope that they would eventually end up with something good.

It also killed off weapon variety because every time you asked someone what weapon you should use because you cant farm austere,they'd reply with "Lol get austere"

At least SSAs fix that :wacko:

Most games, online and offline, where your character upgrades it's weapon will eventually get the ultimate and final weapon. We know Austere NT weapons won't be the line in the game, but if it can stabilize this weapon changing cycle for a year, it will get us some time before moving on to 15★ weapons.

Tunga
Mar 28, 2018, 09:53 PM
And playing the same EQ 500 times to get a drop isn't? Say what you will about the Austere grocery list, but at least it gave people some hope that they would eventually end up with something good.

Did you mean to reply to me?

the_importer_
Mar 28, 2018, 10:05 PM
Did you mean to reply to me?

Man, not again, it's been doing that all week when I'm doing quick replies, didn't see that one since it was a multi quote.

Dark Mits
Mar 29, 2018, 01:28 AM
Most games, online and offline, where your character upgrades it's weapon will eventually get the ultimate and final weapon. We know Austere NT weapons won't be the line in the game, but if it can stabilize this weapon changing cycle for a year, it will get us some time before moving on to 15★ weapons.But that would work against Sega in the long run. In fact I will side with Sega in this situation. The design where new weapons come out all the time, but which are not a true, definite upgrade over what's already available, is great for everyone who isn't OCD obsessed with having Best-in-Slot. If you take a break and return, you can catch up to the rest with a bit of time spending. And at the same time you can keep an equipment piece you "finalized" for a year. I am sure quite a lot of you here still run with Qliphad, not because RNG hates you with 14* drops, but because the effort (both in time and in-game material/meseta cost) to affix a newer weapon to surpass your Qliphad is too high to be worth the small unneeded performance boost.

the_importer_
Mar 29, 2018, 10:05 AM
But that would work against Sega in the long run. In fact I will side with Sega in this situation. The design where new weapons come out all the time, but which are not a true, definite upgrade over what's already available, is great for everyone who isn't OCD obsessed with having Best-in-Slot. If you take a break and return, you can catch up to the rest with a bit of time spending. And at the same time you can keep an equipment piece you "finalized" for a year. I am sure quite a lot of you here still run with Qliphad, not because RNG hates you with 14* drops, but because the effort (both in time and in-game material/meseta cost) to affix a newer weapon to surpass your Qliphad is too high to be worth the small unneeded performance boost.

Well it worked out great for the original Austere weapon line, for about +/- a year, these were the weapon to get. Better weapons were eventually introduced as well as the 14★ line,but for a while, Austere were the shit as they say. Anyway, I'm still convinced that the reason that SEGA is pushing their current 14★ weapons with Mother boost weeks and Crests is so that players will keep playing like crazy to get one and once most people do, they'll released the 14★ Austere trades.

Zorak000
Mar 29, 2018, 10:50 AM
Ray weapons are still good for like 95% of the game's content; Atrum and the new extreme quests might want something a little stronger, like Union I guess. we're really just fussin over different degrees of overkill for the most part; that or Quality of Life changes some of the 14*s bring to the table like EPD/Atra rod or Rykros baton do.

like sure you're probably not going to get first place on the ship for clearing rematches with ray/union, and faster clears mean better efficiency with your boosters and less opportunities to slip up and die, but I doubt you are going to run out of time on Atrum or Grazia with them.

so really, since union is only a little bit of atk higher than Austere OT, but austere has 2% more damage, Austere OT is still technically hanging in there.

and now we can just buy Val weapons to serve as baseline gear anyway too.

the ONE exception to all of this, is that since Techs don't use weapon attribute % the same way everything else does, it means raw T-ATK is a LOT more important for them, so Force mains still gotta aim for the top.

echofaith
Mar 29, 2018, 11:45 AM
Expecting Austere NT to be the same deal as Slave/Nem NT. That is being slightly stronger than the current welfare, but will be matched by next welfare in just a few months. I hope I am wrong and SEGA surprises me with a good potential since I like how Austere looks, but it seems unlikely :(

Moffen
Mar 29, 2018, 12:53 PM
Im pretty sure AustereNT will have its old potential but with SSA support and thats it.
Reason i think that is because the pot on OT austere is 12% damage + 10% passive PP regen boost
Invade-NT has 12% damage + 10% critical rate.
The potentials are incredibly similar with only crit and pp res being different,but the rates for the secondary effect are the same on both these weps.