PDA

View Full Version : 19º PSO2 STATION! (Sega Fest 2018 )

Maulcun
Mar 20, 2018, 12:46 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/image/sysupload/element/info/20160915/pso2station.jpg

Date: April 15 , 2018
Time: 14:30 ~16:30? JST

Automatic conversion time : https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=19%C2%BA+PSO2+STATION%21+%28Seg a+Fest+2018+%29&iso=20180415T1430&p1=248

Official Link Nico Nico: http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv312216256
Official Link PSCP TV: Coming soon
[*Official Link YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2627efAsUA
Fan Link YouTube 1 : Coming soon
Fan Link YouTube 2 : Coming soon
Fan Link Twitch 1 : https://go.twitch.tv/silentsakia/
Fan Link Twitch 2 : https://www.twitch.tv/arekore510
Official Link Twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/segaofjapan
Fan Link Mixer 1: Coming soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 1: Coming soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 2 : Coming soon
Fan Link Facebook : Coming soon

Important Topics

Information about the May Updates.
Information on new merchandising.
Aoi Yūki (CV: Klaris Klaes) will appear as a special guest.

Maulcun
Apr 10, 2018, 02:33 AM
update

XrosBlader821
Apr 10, 2018, 04:16 AM
Well since they moved Wand PA and new compound Techs to a later date I don't expect this Livestream to be too interesting.
Edit: Well I guess seeing the new skills will be a little interesting.

morkie
Apr 10, 2018, 08:48 AM
hope new skill will be discuss

final_attack
Apr 10, 2018, 10:31 AM
Oh right, new skill is for all classes, right?
I wonder what class skill Gu will get next '-')

GHNeko
Apr 10, 2018, 12:04 PM
INFORMATION ON NEW SKILL REEEEE

MY AFFIXES DEPEND ON IT

XrosBlader821
Apr 10, 2018, 12:31 PM
Here's what I'd like to see. I know they only said they're gonna add new skills but I'm gonna throw in some buffs and reworks that need to happen anyway.

Hu:
Just cut the SP on some Skills

Fi:
A skill that inflicts a status ailment that doesn't harm the enemy and works on all bosses.

Ra/Gu:
I dunno.

Fo:
Photon Flare SP cut.
Reduce Burn/Freeze/Shock boost to 1SP
Ice Ignition Rework.

Te:
Techtor Counter (similar to Hero counter) massively amplifies the damage of the Tech Explosion.
A skill that prevents flinching if the damage is below a certain percentage of your Max HP
A skill that makes it easier to keep the Party buffed up in huge arenas (Pet sympathy for Player character?),
Te Mag boosting T-ATK by the amount of S-ATK and vice versa (Similar to Hero Mag).
Reduce Mirage/Panic/Poison boost to 1SP
Poison ignition rework.
Wand Gear rework (what is even the point if Wand Lovers has it maxes out anyway).
Reverser Field Buff

Br:
A Skill that makes Dex useful for Crits

Bo:
Crit Field Strike - increases Crit Damage of all players buffed by Crit Field.

Su:
I dunno.

the_importer_
Apr 10, 2018, 12:55 PM
Here's what I'd like to see. I know they only said they're gonna add new skills but I'm gonna throw in some buffs and reworks that need to happen anyway.

Hu:

Fi:
A skill that inflicts a status ailment that doesn't harm the enemy and works on all bosses.

Ra/Gu:
I dunno.

Fo:
Photon Flare SP cut.
Ice Ignition Rework.

Te:
Techtor Counter (similar to Hero counter) massively amplifies the damage of the Tech Explosion.
A skill that prevents flinching if the damage is below a certain percentage of your Max HP
A skill that makes it easier to keep the Party buffed up in huge arenas (Pet sympathy for Player character?),
Te Mag boosting T-ATK by the amount of S-ATK and vice versa (Similar to Hero Mag).
Poison ignition rework.
Wand Gear rework (what is even the point if Wand Lovers has it maxes out anyway).
Reverser Field Buff

Br:

Bo:

Su:
I dunno.

Personally, I think they should cut to the chase and make any skill either 1 or 5 points, they seem to be going that direction anyway. Let's face it, Lv100 will be the final cap in this game, so unless we get extra SP, 114 will be the total. Might as well lower the requirement of every 10 point skills to 5, allowing you to get more bang for your buck. Considering that most of the skills for Hr are 1 or 5 points, this would give other classes a similar advantage.

vantpers
Apr 10, 2018, 01:00 PM

Hu:

Fi:

Ra/Gu:
I dunno.

Fo:
Photon Flare SP cut.
Ice Ignition Rework.

Te:
Poison ignition rework.
Reverser Field Buff

Br:

Bo:

Su:
I dunno.

I like how you gave Hunter with one of the worst single target DPS nothing and then Fighter with one of the best single target DPS a skill that applies an even huger modifier to their DPS. Sega/10 balancing.

XrosBlader821
Apr 10, 2018, 01:20 PM
I like how you gave Hunter with one of the worst single target DPS nothing and then Fighter with one of the best single target DPS a skill that applies an even huger modifier to their DPS. Sega/10 balancing.

Use Partizan then.
Hu is very well capable of obliterating a single Target. And the crown of "worst single target Damage" still goes to the Wand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhbJpSnNwWs

silo1991
Apr 10, 2018, 01:26 PM

Hu:

Fi:

Ra/Gu:
I dunno.

Fo:
Photon Flare SP cut.
Ice Ignition Rework.

Te:
Poison ignition rework.
Reverser Field Buff

Br:

Bo:

Su:
I dunno.

for hunters i agree they should do that on JA bonus

rangers : definily launcher gear which could allow to attack faster along how fill is it

agree on force and techer , for bravers they could make DEX influence the critical damage (a lot for braver and a little for others)

for summoner a skill which allow us call our pet any time

and for fighter i could work some passive that makes enemies more vulnerable to status effects also the newest bosses are inmune to status effects ( i wonder if omega loser is gonna be vulnerable to poison and works the same way as mirage did in the original version)

vantpers
Apr 10, 2018, 01:42 PM
Use Partizan then.
Hu is very well capable of obliterating a single Target. And the crown of "worst single target Damage" still goes to the Wand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhbJpSnNwWs
Partizan or no Partizan the single target DPS still easily gets into lower than Bo area and all you're posting is videos that many other classes do faster. Thanks for crowning Hunter with at least it's not Wand crown though. Really helps having more than minute slower clear on solo XQ compared to Fighter which should totally get full chase procs on anything, which not only introduces a huge power boost, but also makes chase a mandatory part of the skill tree further reducing build variety.

XrosBlader821
Apr 10, 2018, 02:17 PM
Partizan or no Partizan the single target DPS still easily gets into lower than Bo area and all you're posting is videos that many other classes do faster. Thanks for crowning Hunter with at least it's not Wand crown though. Really helps having more than minute slower clear on solo XQ compared to Fighter which should totally get full chase procs on anything, which not only introduces a huge power boost, but also makes chase a mandatory part of the skill tree further reducing build variety.

Well I'm not a Hu player so I really wouldn't know how to buff Hu without making it any more OP as a subclass but I do know that the amount of SP on these skills is too excessive. Maybe make it so that War Brave gives you the full 15% if a Boss is targeted and lasts longer than 30s? But I still don't think lagging 2 seconds behind Bo is as bad as Wand taking twice as long at finishing the new XQ. Besides making Fi as a viable subclass for status ailment builds doesn't sound like making build variety smaller. I mean Sega could always make Jellen count as a status ailment and make Launchers more relevant in groups but that makes too much sense apparently.

GHNeko
Apr 10, 2018, 02:27 PM
All I want for christmas are some tank/survival skills for melee that doesn't require a Hu sub in the mix.

vantpers
Apr 10, 2018, 02:27 PM
Well I'm not a Hu player so I really wouldn't know how to buff Hu without making it any more OP as a subclass but I do know that the amount of SP on these skills is too excessive. Maybe make it so that War Brave gives you the full 15% if a Boss is targeted and lasts longer than 30s? But I still don't think lagging 2 seconds behind Bo is as bad as Wand taking twice as long at finishing the new XQ. Besides making Fi as a viable subclass for status ailment builds doesn't sound like making build variety smaller. I mean Sega could always make Jellen count as a status ailment and make Launchers more relevant in groups but that makes too much sense apparently.

Hunter needs more of a weapon rework than skill rework. The basic smart thing to do when cutting Hunter SP would be prioritizing main only skills, one points War Brave and similar. Having War Brave work on bosses better is kind of a bloat idea that looks the same as giving Sword 20% damage buff you had to refresh every 40 second with a PA whose only purpose on top of being bad was doing the thing, which is putting unnecessary hurdles that just piss players off. Hunter though it's definitely low in the fastest clearing meta and I have yet to find it in premades either, so it's kind of a balancing error not to do anything to something weak and buff something strong, which Fighter definitely is.

As for Chase, it's already a powerful skill. It's held back due to how you don't have status on mobs for 100% of the time yet for mobbing builds it's still worth taking. It's just too powerful to be put as another single target modifier unless you make status effect on bosses last very short, like freezing Vol legs, except this time your damage is increased.

XrosBlader821
Apr 10, 2018, 02:42 PM
As for Chase, it's already a powerful skill. It's held back due to how you don't have status on mobs for 100% of the time yet for mobbing builds it's still worth taking. It's just too powerful to be put as another single target modifier unless you make status effect on bosses last very short, like freezing Vol legs, except this time your damage is increased.

I'm pretty sure Sega would nerf chase once it'd become more accessible. How it is now I don't even see it as a buff for mobbing since enemies rarely survive long enough to even be inflicted with status ailments. Except maybe for UQ's about which I couldn't care less. Making all these non-status ailments trigger chase would be a good change too but a lot of Bosses nowadays don't even have that much.

Zephyrion
Apr 10, 2018, 03:27 PM
Hunter needs more of a weapon rework than skill rework. The basic smart thing to do when cutting Hunter SP would be prioritizing main only skills, one points War Brave and similar. Having War Brave work on bosses better is kind of a bloat idea that looks the same as giving Sword 20% damage buff you had to refresh every 40 second with a PA whose only purpose on top of being bad was doing the thing, which is putting unnecessary hurdles that just piss players off. Hunter though it's definitely low in the fastest clearing meta and I have yet to find it in premades either, so it's kind of a balancing error not to do anything to something weak and buff something strong, which Fighter definitely is.

While I agree HU damage is on the low end compared to the rest (and while being lackluster it's not that incredibly far behind either), it's still probably the safest and most survivable class thanks to All Guard + Charge Parrying, on top of Just Guards and Ignition Parry. It definitely needs a few PA buffs or something like that but I don't think it needs something as extreme as a rework. HU is supposed to feel somewhat clunky and hit hard, it's just that HU hitting for far less than other classes that are easier to leverage (hello Hero and Braver) is a bit preposterous for all the things it has to do to reach a decently high damage output. So yeah I'm all for buffs, but I find HU to be fun in its current state, and I don't really want the conditionals to be dumbed down too much.

I'm pretty sure Sega would nerf chase once it'd become more accessible. How it is now I don't even see it as a buff for mobbing since enemies rarely survive long enough to even be inflicted with status ailments. Except maybe for UQ's about which I couldn't care less. Making all these non-status ailments trigger chase would be a good change too but a lot of Bosses nowadays don't even have that much.

...And thus nerfing the few builds that mainly use FI sub for the additional chase multipliers to further consolidate the mainstream subs, yay. I'd rather work something around LB that rewards you for not dying during it (or I guess have IW devil's luck) or something like that.

XrosBlader821
Apr 10, 2018, 03:32 PM
...And thus nerfing all the builds that mainly use FI for the additional chase multipliers. I'd rather work something around LB that rewards you for not dying during it (or I guess have IW devil's luck) or something like that.

How would that be a nerf? Currently Chase skills only work on Mobs that don't need it. Making it work on Mobs that do need it, like every Emergency quest Boss ever, would be a buff.

vantpers
Apr 10, 2018, 03:42 PM
While I agree HU damage is on the low end compared to the rest (and while being lackluster it's not that incredibly far behind either), it's still probably the safest and most survivable class thanks to All Guard + Charge Parrying, on top of Just Guards and Ignition Parry. It definitely needs a few PA buffs or something like that but I don't think it needs something as extreme as a rework. HU is supposed to feel somewhat clunky and hit hard, it's just that HU hitting for far less than other classes that are easier to leverage (hello Hero and Braver) is a bit preposterous for all the things it has to do to reach a decently high damage output. So yeah I'm all for buffs, but I find HU to be fun in its current state, and I don't really want the conditionals to be dumbed down too much.

...And thus nerfing all the builds that mainly use FI for the additional chase multipliers. I'd rather work something around LB that rewards you for not dying during it (or I guess have IW devil's luck) or something like that.

Hunter safety is overrated, it has 4th successful XQ clearing rate for example, mostly due to the fact that the cheesiest things are all available to any of the classes subclassing it. You can even see some of Ponthi videos where he runs a decent HP stack and shrugs off hits due to life leech in LB. Summoner all in all can be tankier than Hu/Fi, on top of things like free resta and megiverse. Sega has also recently or not so recently given 1.5 second tier invincibility windows to pretty much any class, like Hero. Poor WL has only access to JG and Heavenly Fall anyway, if you want to talk about powerful defensive. I would say WL still needs a rework. Sword is fine except just hits low, mechanically wise it would need a big upgrade to Nova so it can be cancelled and doesn't hold you place, because honestly Nova just can't keep up especially if you don't roll a beefy Hunter, and other AoE options have various problems too like Rising Edge AoE not being able to compare with other classes, Ride Slasher spreading ticks of damage and reversing stances, or Over End that takes too long to get the final bit of damage out. Partizan needed a rework and it was given one, but I can't really say much about it now.

It would be preferable to tone down the defensive options on Hunter while buffing damage output, but Sega.

Zephyrion
Apr 10, 2018, 03:46 PM
How would that be a nerf? Currently Chase skills only work on Mobs that don't need it. Making it work on Mobs that do need it, like every Emergency quest Boss ever, would be a buff.

FO/FI and TE/FI's niche are mobbing due to elemental mismatch for FO (bless light weakness on nearly every raid) and TE being overall terrible at bossing in general. It's the very reason you play FO/TE and TE/any other viable sub for raids. Making chase weaker but applicable to bosses would dowright kill the combos further for the more mainstream builds. It would be a straight buff for SU and HU ( along with GU or BO if you're willing to go that path), but said classes are already heavy on skill management, and god knows adding SE management on top would feel clunky. Not that the idea is bad, but it would need tons of adjustements to either not be a gimmick or be OP.

cheapgunner
Apr 10, 2018, 11:24 PM
Give TE a skill that increases the size of wand explosions for me.

Give Bravers a bow skill that while the bow is out equipped, convert S-Atk % into R-atk like wands have.

Give SU a skill similoar to Techers that gives a 15%~ chance for the appropiate elemental status like wands have (>.>?) Would probably be annoying on some bosses/mobs but this would give Pets the status effects they need.

Here's a skill that I thought of as I am playign XC2 atm. Give Bouncers and Bravers a skill that when they crit, they get back HP/PP as a return.

Dark Mits
Apr 11, 2018, 01:30 AM
And I probably have the most radical and unpopular opinion...

We don't need buffs. We need nerfs! Or conversely, the bosses need buffs that aren't just HP and atk ones. Like for example the ability to deal damage to us during i-frames, or gain resist element (like Anga) that changes during combat, or the ability to apply healing debuff on players, PP recovery debuff, "slow" us or prevent dodge actions, or other "unfair" advantages. Then and only then will the green bar named HP bar gain any meaning again.

Guys, power creep is already too high. Challenge has been reduced to "just have quick reflexes to avoid being oneshot". Units no longer serve absolutely any other purpose outside of increasing our damage. You guys have mentioned it already enough times in many threads that we need more challenging content. We can't have that if we get powercreeped to Infinity+1 every year.

As for skills, the trees just need to be redesigned for clarity.
1) Eliminate x-1, x-2 and x-3 (for example S-atk Boost 1/2/3) and make them all into 1 skill with as many points (30) and maximum value as the sum of those skills (200)
2) Group skills in passive and active, for example all passive skills on the left, all active skills on the right.
3) Design them so that they have a "natural flow", like Summoner's skill tree.

Regarding QoL for TE and buff upkeeping/applying on the group, I wonder if it would be possible to implement a UI option that acts like Pet Sympathy. What I mean is that if a party/mpa member is not affected by a buff, then the corresponding icon pops up on that player's model, just like it does with pets when they request Shifta/Resta. This would make a TE's job in keeping buffs up a lot easier. I do not want the easy option of automatically buffing everyone regardless of distance when I cast Shifta/Deband/Resta.

Or they can give a new skill exclusive to TE that reduces Shifta and Deband to 1 tick for the entire 3min, so players don't have to wait for all 4 ticks.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 11, 2018, 01:59 AM

We don't need buffs. We need nerfs! Or conversely, the bosses need buffs that aren't just HP and atk ones. Like for example the ability to deal damage to us during i-frames, or gain resist element (like Anga) that changes during combat, or the ability to apply healing debuff on players, PP recovery debuff, "slow" us or prevent dodge actions, or other "unfair" advantages. Then and only then will the green bar named HP bar gain any meaning again.

Guys, power creep is already too high. Challenge has been reduced to "just have quick reflexes to avoid being oneshot". Units no longer serve absolutely any other purpose outside of increasing our damage. You guys have mentioned it already enough times in many threads that we need more challenging content. We can't have that if we get powercreeped to Infinity+1 every year.

1) Eliminate x-1, x-2 and x-3 (for example S-atk Boost 1/2/3) and make them all into 1 skill with as many points (30) and maximum value as the sum of those skills (200)
2) Group skills in passive and active, for example all passive skills on the left, all active skills on the right.

Regarding QoL for TE and buff upkeeping/applying on the group, I wonder if it would be possible to implement a UI option that acts like Pet Sympathy. What I mean is that if a party/mpa member is not affected by a buff, then the corresponding icon pops up on that player's model, just like it does with pets when they request Shifta/Resta. This would make a TE's job in keeping buffs up a lot easier. I do not want the easy option of automatically buffing everyone regardless of distance when I cast Shifta/Deband/Resta.

Or they can give a new skill exclusive to TE that reduces Shifta and Deband to 1 tick for the entire 3min, so players don't have to wait for all 4 ticks.

lot of wrong in this post that i dont feel like detailing it, the Unit part got me though 10/10

XrosBlader821
Apr 11, 2018, 04:19 AM

I agree with point 3 but disagree with point 2.

vantpers
Apr 11, 2018, 05:42 AM
to deal damage to us during i-frames,

It's called persistent hitbox on something like Deus hitting you with his sword blast, if you don't have like a whole second of iframes you are gonna get hit at the end of invincibility.

You're also wrong about a whole lot of other things. Taking damage nowadays and HP on units is super common even among high level players. Putting many enemies, mobs and bosses in one room with decent hp will shit on everybody's reflexes due to just too many sources of damage. If you eliminate stuff like floating out of range with Hero from the equation you have a room that will rack up tons of damage even on the best players. See how for example Ponthi clears Ultimate Amduscia with Fighter.

On single bosses though Sega just learned to do the same thing - put multiple damage sources in the form of various pew pews flying around the stage or independently acting parts. Even without it somehow Deus from XQ managed to mop the floor with so many players. We do need to nerf players, shorten invincibility periods from various kinds of stuff, or at least make it something unique to currently less powerful classes, but mostly we need to nerf damage output in regards to enemy HP, dashing PAs, and AoE, and rebalance HP vs damage when player is hit. Resta heals too much, good units soak up too much damage, Hunter sub or main still allows the facetank option without any real downsides, and lifeleech is still OP and still somehow allowed without at least 20% less damage compared to strongest non life leech options.

ralf542
Apr 11, 2018, 05:44 AM

They should reduce SP needed from 10 to 5 or make Stat Up 1 5SP and turn 2-3 into one Stat High Up(like Force). Reduce SP from Gu ZRA2 and Ra WHA2 to 5, delete Dex Up. Reduce Hu FG2 and GS Up 1 to 5SP, Absorption to 1SP. Fi Chase Advance from 10+5 to 5+1.

Kintama
Apr 11, 2018, 05:50 AM
Give TE a skill that increases the size of wand explosions for me.

Give Bravers a bow skill that while the bow is out equipped, convert S-Atk % into R-atk like wands have.

Give SU a skill similoar to Techers that gives a 15%~ chance for the appropiate elemental status like wands have (>.>?) Would probably be annoying on some bosses/mobs but this would give Pets the status effects they need.

Here's a skill that I thought of as I am playign XC2 atm. Give Bouncers and Bravers a skill that when they crit, they get back HP/PP as a return.

The braver skill is overpowered, Sega would need to greatly slash on PA power and we both know they aren't doing any of that.

XrosBlader821
Apr 11, 2018, 05:55 AM
They should reduce SP needed from 10 to 5 or make Stat Up 1 5SP and turn 2-3 into one Stat High Up(like Force). Reduce SP from Gu ZRA2 and Ra WHA2 to 5, delete Dex Up. Reduce Hu FG2 and GS Up 1 to 5SP, Absorption to 1SP. Fi Chase Advance from 10+5 to 5+1.
Or instead of deleting Dex up just fuse it with Defense up.
Both Su and Hr increase dex with the Def skills so why noth everyone else too? Since the weapon variance thing that's all Dex influences nowadays.

Altiea
Apr 15, 2018, 01:31 AM
Chapter 5 Story Update in a nutshell:

"Hey, remeber the anime? You know how we said it had no bearing on the overall scope of the main PSO2 story? HAHAHAHAHAHA"

Meteor Weapon
Apr 15, 2018, 01:34 AM
wtf is going on in omega

https://twitter.com/kami_pepe/status/985403894950903808

https://twitter.com/_TUKA_/status/985404591964438529

pika2525
Apr 15, 2018, 01:43 AM
Anyone have translations/transcriptions of the descriptions for the new skills?

SteveCZ
Apr 15, 2018, 01:45 AM
wtf is going on in omega

:-o:-o:-o

Altiea
Apr 15, 2018, 01:51 AM
War Attract: Boost War Cry's effect and apply Jellen to affected enemies on activation
EX Trap: Increase the speed and range of all Trap Skills
Limit Break Insurance: Taking a kill shot in Limit Break automatically cancels Limit Break and leaves you with 1 HP
Another S Roll Arts Mode: Increase the damage of S Roll Arts and change its area of effect (it now hits around you instead of shooting in your general direction)
Photon Flare Rod SC: Using Photon Flare while holding a Rod decreases Technique Charge Time
Party Assist: Shifta and Deband effects you cast extend to your Party regardless of their position on the map
Braver Combination: While in Katana Gear, switching to Bullet Bow retains Katana Gear's effect and gives its Crit bonus
Dodge Auto Field: Dodging an attack automatically activates your Field Skills without triggering cooldown
Alter Ego Harmony: While in Alter Ego, become immune to all damage except damage taken from Alter Ego's effect

final_attack
Apr 15, 2018, 01:53 AM
Ah, Altiea already translated it ....

I'll add a bit ....

Hunter's WarCry seems to give Jellen effect too.
https://i.imgur.com/3jOj5eq.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

My question then ....
[S]On slide, I saw .... "High Level Bonus xx"
So, need to level all classes to 85 to get bonus stat like Lv75 one? x_x
It's a skill I see ... my bad.
So, I guess it might be class-specific only, and doesn't affect other classes.

Tyreek
Apr 15, 2018, 02:00 AM
wtf is going on in omega

Is that new Apprentice?? Why the hell does she look like Rina?? Did Omega copy that too?

Altiea
Apr 15, 2018, 02:02 AM
Is that new Apprentice?? Why the hell does she look like Rina?? Did Omega copy that too?

It's actually Rina. Or probably Omega Rina.

Tyreek
Apr 15, 2018, 02:04 AM
Its more painful than I thought... https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/985410750742126594

Anduril
Apr 15, 2018, 02:09 AM
Well, [Apprentice] has had the most hosts, so I guess they wanted to acknowledge them in some way or another.

oratank
Apr 15, 2018, 02:12 AM
they need to give them an omega costume not just a black color

SteveCZ
Apr 15, 2018, 02:13 AM
Limit Break Insurance luls.
Party Assist. No more charging for shifta and deband?

Altiea
Apr 15, 2018, 02:16 AM
Limit Break Insurance luls.
Party Assist. No more charging for shifta and deband?

It means you don't have to yell at your teammates to stand still for two seconds to buff them anymore.

Anduril
Apr 15, 2018, 02:18 AM
they need to give them an omega costume not just a black color

Maybe the unusual nature of [Apprentice] (as far as I remember, [Double] in Ep.3 and Veil Hunar pre-Ep.4 each only absorbed part of her, while her main body still exists under Lilipa) allows them to appear as their normal counterparts rather than following the rules of Omega.

SteveCZ
Apr 15, 2018, 02:20 AM
It means you don't have to yell at your teammates to stand still for two seconds to buff them anymore.

Freedom! :-)

XrosBlader821
Apr 15, 2018, 02:27 AM
WTF These characters aren't dead though.If anythying where is Aurora or Omega Matoi if anyone who even held a DF for 5 Minutes gets an evil version?

Also called it

A skill that makes it easier to keep the Party buffed up in huge arenas (Pet sympathy for Player character?)

I hope none of those skills will cost more than 1 SP though. Especially that Photon Flare one, unless they actually bother to reduce SP cost. And why limit it to Rod again?

Kintama
Apr 15, 2018, 02:34 AM
Anime tie-ins, huh.

Also the braver skill is fucking useless if you don't use katana at all, where the hell am i putting those 5 SP?!

final_attack
Apr 15, 2018, 02:36 AM
I hope none of those skills will cost more than 1 SP though. Especially that Photon Flare one, unless they actually bother to reduce SP cost. And why limit it to Rod again?

Does it cost SP tho?
The live-stream shows 0 SP left (that upper right is SP left, right? Been so long since I adjust skill tree), but it can learn Lv85 ones.
I'm more concerned for Lv80 ones (High Level Bonus xx), which is 5 levels in total.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 15, 2018, 02:37 AM
did they just Retcon Ep5 with Aika and Rina? do they even know what theyre doing anymore?

War Attract: Boost War Cry's effect and apply Jellen to affected enemies on activation
-They could have done so much for HU but they did the bare minimum with a useless skill

EX Trap: Increase the speed and range of all Trap Skills
-guess this helps out PP recov some more

Limit Break Insurance: Taking a kill shot in Limit Break automatically cancels Limit Break and leaves you with 1 HP
-Sure, let's destroy my DPS and more than likely wait on the CD to proc LB again, useless skill

Another S Roll Arts Mode: Increase the damage of S Roll Arts and change its area of effect (it now hits around you instead of shooting in your general direction)
-cool I guess?

Photon Flare Rod SC: Using Photon Flare while holding a Rod decreases Technique Charge Time
-Make my main more op thanks sega

Party Assist: Shifta and Deband effects you cast extend to your Party regardless of their position on the map
-Well the TE wont be in my PT most of the time so oh well, still a good skill for TE

Braver Combination: While in Katana Gear, switching to Bullet Bow retains Katana Gear's effect and gives its Crit bonus
-Braver already gets 100% crit, good since the dmg goes to bow i guess

Dodge Auto Field: Dodging an attack automatically activates your Field Skills without triggering cooldown
-seems ok but the class still needs a large amount of oomph to it to make it better than it is now since it's still lacking all these years

Alter Ego Harmony: You no longer take damage from Alter Ego
-Dear Master already makes you immortal, I guess this just furthers god mode

wake me when this nightmare is over

Altiea
Apr 15, 2018, 02:46 AM
Alter Ego Harmony is actually really counterproductive to SU/FI, since SU/FI banks on Alter Ego taking you to critical HP to trigger your Deadline Slayer. Alter Ego Harmony would require you to waltz into enemy attacks to drop your own HP, then walk into attacks every so often to offset the HP restored by HP Restorate. It also hurts Maron charging because one of the fastest ways to charge Maron Strike is to get Maron attacked while you're at critical HP to stack 1 hit, then take Alter Ego damage, then pass that damage back to Maron via Dear Master to charge a second hit, netting you two charge stacks for the price of one. It's nice when you're actually at critical HP so you can do stuff with low DEF/HP Pets like Aero/Synchro/Redran without accidentally getting yourself killed, but it's just so underpowered due to what Alter Ego damage actually does for you, beneficially.

pika2525
Apr 15, 2018, 02:51 AM
Ok... what was that at the end?

SteveCZ
Apr 15, 2018, 02:52 AM
They're probably preparing for PSO3, looking at these reused updates

Altiea
Apr 15, 2018, 02:53 AM

The Endless Quest that they teased last month. It's a 4 player Challenge Quest with a score mechanic like Riding Quest. Also collab content from Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5 Dancing Star Night.

KuroNeko77
Apr 15, 2018, 02:53 AM

Endless Quest, the mode they talked about last streaming.

Dugs
Apr 15, 2018, 02:54 AM
They're probably preparing for PSO3, looking at these reused updates

Oh look, it's the doomsayers.

XrosBlader821
Apr 15, 2018, 02:54 AM
Alter Ego Harmony is actually really counterproductive to SU/FI, since SU/FI banks on Alter Ego taking you to critical HP to trigger your Deadline Slayer. Alter Ego Harmony would require you to waltz into enemy attacks to drop your own HP, then walk into attacks every so often to offset the HP restored by HP Restorate. It also hurts Maron charging because one of the fastest ways to charge Maron Strike is to get Maron attacked while you're at critical HP to stack 1 hit, then take Alter Ego damage, then pass that damage back to Maron via Dear Master to charge a second hit, netting you two charge stacks for the price of one. It's nice when you're actually at critical HP so you can do stuff with low DEF/HP Pets like Aero/Synchro/Redran without accidentally getting yourself killed, but it's just so underpowered due to what Alter Ego damage actually does for you, beneficially.

Bumped translated that skill to "Only Damage received by Pet is applied to the player" instead of "You take no damage at all" but even then it doesn't sound that desiderable to me. Alter Ego was great how it already was.

Spellbinder
Apr 15, 2018, 02:56 AM

This guy plays summoner. I'm also not counting on those new 13 star weapons to include tacts either. Back to nemesis/slave farming I go.

Goukezitsu
Apr 15, 2018, 02:59 AM
The trailers from today:

May update Part 1:
http://dai.ly/x6huaac

May update Part 2:
http://dai.ly/x6hucf6

Don Quixote Collaboration Trailer:
http://dai.ly/x6hud3t

PSO2es Update:
http://dai.ly/x6hud3s

Endless Quest Trailer:
http://dai.ly/x6hufoj

Endless stuff actually looks fun. Heres hoping the rewards are worth something lol.

KaizoKage
Apr 15, 2018, 03:02 AM
did they just Retcon Ep5 with Aika and Rina? do they even know what theyre doing anymore?

I bet they don't even give a crud for PSO2 anymore, everything is recycled now.

XrosBlader821
Apr 15, 2018, 03:13 AM
I think the High Level boost Things you'll just unlock for Free from Reaching a certain level.
In the Video all attack up Lvl 5 required level 80 and the new War Cry improvement was learned at level 85 even though no SP was spent.
So 5 free SP to use on our Builds I guess

GHNeko
Apr 15, 2018, 03:22 AM
https://i.imgur.com/WFdBlwl.png

Altiea
Apr 15, 2018, 03:27 AM

Those aren't even like, the worst Skills they introduced. Like, what even is Braver Combination.

oratank
Apr 15, 2018, 03:28 AM

well it said apprentice 4 lord so all apprentice that we knew will on the scene with some plot but still kinda lazy move with just color change

SteveCZ
Apr 15, 2018, 03:34 AM
Well would like to try that endless quest though, hopefully with valuable rewards.

Oh look, it's the doomsayers.

Prepare to transcend to the new world! :-o

ArcaneTechs
Apr 15, 2018, 03:34 AM
did you make this? cuz i wanna steal this and add other stuff on the left to it lol

GHNeko
Apr 15, 2018, 03:35 AM
Those aren't even like, the worst Skills they introduced. Like, what even is Braver Combination.

I'd consider braver better than Bo because at least then you can run crit based SSAs and also crit strike ranged on Bow, making the damage less conditional and overall stronger.

did you make this? cuz i wanna steal this and add other stuff on the left to it lol

its an edit i made of the original lol

Moffen
Apr 15, 2018, 03:36 AM
>These are all main class

Do they hate bow?
Can i please have good PP regen outside of rapid shoot,which i had to buy ANOTHER WEAPON ENTIRELY for rapid shoot to be good?
I was really looking forward to ex traps.

Guess i'll stick with Gu and Fo.

XrosBlader821
Apr 15, 2018, 03:38 AM
Nothing as terrible as "First hit" was introduced so eh. Although I kinda wished the'd tease the new Wand PA at least, like show it in the teaser at the end but nupe!

Kintama
Apr 15, 2018, 03:45 AM
>These are all main class

Do they hate bow?
Can i please have good PP regen outside of rapid shoot,which i had to buy ANOTHER WEAPON ENTIRELY for rapid shoot to be good?
I was really looking forward to ex traps.

Guess i'll stick with Gu and Fo.

Given bow hasn't received a non-atra 14*, bow has only one ring, tritt shooter zero, and now this, they do, a lot.

GHNeko
Apr 15, 2018, 03:47 AM
oh the new skills are main class
so fibo cant even use this

nice

gotta give bo that 35% crit rate all the time i guess :wacko:

ArcaneTechs
Apr 15, 2018, 03:52 AM
just went through all the trailers again, nothing triggered me more than seeing that FI skill keeping LB on CD whenever that skill procs, guess i can put those SP's into something else.

Ep6 when Zzzzzzz

Golgotha
Apr 15, 2018, 03:53 AM
You dont understand bros, One More Field skill is just too powerful to be used on sub.

Altiea
Apr 15, 2018, 03:58 AM
Actually, I take back everything I said about Alter Ego Harmony. It actually just straight up makes you invincible outside of Alter Ego damage, which is godlike for Summoner.

Ransu
Apr 15, 2018, 04:01 AM
Man, I sure wanted to always proc those field skills (that don't have an animation anymore anyways) by dodging! Meh, that's more subpallete space and upkeep on fields at all times I guess.

XrosBlader821
Apr 15, 2018, 04:03 AM
just went through all the trailers again, nothing triggered me more than seeing that FI skill keeping LB on CD whenever that skill procs, guess i can put those SP's into something else.

Ep6 when Zzzzzzz

they don't cost SP.

FantasyHeaven
Apr 15, 2018, 04:56 AM
dark
mother
fucking
rappy

Cyber Meteor
Apr 15, 2018, 05:02 AM

Ep6 when Zzzzzzz

I actually don't get why this FI skill is even a problem, when you die during LB, it cancels anyway leaving you with the CD after you're revived, all that skill does is prevent you from dying and losing some time (you got 5 secs of invulnerabilty + Automate would probably heal you) , and if you don't die during LB usually, good for you this skill won't proc and change nothing to you, and you're not forced to get it and don't cost any SP. It sure would have been better if it didn't cancel LB but at any rate it makes it less risky. The only question is wether it will conflict with IW like, will both proc, meaning when IW proc that LB insucrance procs too, leaving you alive with CD while with IW only, you would have kept it?

EDIT : forgot about the BR skill, i waited for something beneficial for Bow and while it's somewhat beneficial having a 100% crit rate for bow, my question is does it last forever ? Though i'm a bit disappointed, i was hoping for a Rapid Shoot CD reduction of some sort (should have been the Atra bow S4 btw instead of power boost :p, but there may be some hope from that new 14* serie )

EDIT 2 : rewatched the trailer, and they put a "50%" in that BR skill, is it just 50% of the crit rate boost then?

Lumpen Thingy
Apr 15, 2018, 05:06 AM

Ep6 when Zzzzzzz
How is this not an amazing skill for fighter?

Dark Mits
Apr 15, 2018, 05:26 AM
I do not want the easy option of automatically buffing everyone regardless of distance when I cast Shifta/Deband/Resta.
Party Assist: Shifta and Deband effects you cast extend to your Party regardless of their position on the mapI've probably gotten too old for today's games.

Moffen
Apr 15, 2018, 05:40 AM
How is this not an amazing skill for fighter?

Because it means if you get hit,your limit break dies.
Where as IW+NGU,you get hit and it procs and you can still keep going.

Altiea
Apr 15, 2018, 05:45 AM

That depends on activation order. If it does an IW check before an LBI check, then it's fine. If it does it the other way around, then it's pointless. I don't think LBI is meant to be a substitute for Iron Will + Never Give Up, it's sorta like a safety net below the safety net, in case Iron Will fails you.

Golgotha
Apr 15, 2018, 05:48 AM
I've probably gotten too old for today's games.

They have already announced their goal to make everything burst ahead with movement skills everywhere, so yeah, that skill is in line with the rest of the stuff.

Zephyrion
Apr 15, 2018, 05:56 AM

Atm S4 from Wired Lance (Hero Will wannabe) comes into play AFTER Iron Will roll, as in will proc if IW fails. It'd be utterly preposterous for SEGA not to apply that to LB Insurance, which is essentially the same thing

People also completely missed the point of Braver Combination. It doesn't straight give you 50% crit rate : Whenever you proc Katana gear and switch to Bow, Bow will retain the crit rate of Katana Gear (which is 50%). The big thing though is that Katana Gear STAYS active even when on Bow, thus fixing one of the most essential Braver contradictions when it comes to using hybrid builds. SEGA has already buffed BO to incentivize the use of dual weapon usage instead of letting them each exist in their own bubble. Makes sense they're now trying to incentivize BR using both their weapons, while people maining one weapon can just skip the skill, similarly to how a Boots main would skip Dual Blades-related skills and vice-versa. Guess goes to show if a skill is not useful to everyone, then it must be trash for everyone

BO skill is indeed useless sadly though, but imo the rest is all fair, ranging from nice fixes to actually sizable bonuses

Suplin
Apr 15, 2018, 06:15 AM
I have to wonder that even if the damage is negated during alter ego harmony if the actual pet hit count will still happen for maron/melon swelling purposes
does not pet photon barrier allready works like that?

SteveCZ
Apr 15, 2018, 06:34 AM
dark
mother
fucking
rappy

kyukyukyukyukyu ! 8-)

Arada
Apr 15, 2018, 06:47 AM
I truly hate that new Techer skill, it brings nothing, not even quality of life. -_-

vantpers
Apr 15, 2018, 06:50 AM
Atm S4 from Wired Lance (Hero Will wannabe) comes into play AFTER Iron Will roll, as in will proc if IW fails. It'd be utterly preposterous for SEGA not to apply that to LB Insurance, which is essentially the same thing

It would be utterly good and competent if Sega made LB insurance automatically taken skill once you get to level 85 and then proc it before any IW style effects so we won't see any more of IW + NGU abuse. I still have some hope since the wording seems to hint on blow that could possibly incapacitate you.

FantasyHeaven
Apr 15, 2018, 06:59 AM
I truly hate that new Techer skill, it brings nothing, not even quality of life. -_-
And for people like me who never (and I mean never) plays in parties it's worse than useless.
I guess there's still that PA bandaid coming a couple years from now.

XrosBlader821
Apr 15, 2018, 09:09 AM

As someone who often parties with Fo/Te and Ra/Hu This skill is an amazing QoL. Not not only the Heros next to me get Buffed up but everyone who I can keep track of.

Also is it me or Is Sega just now recognizing that they done fucked up when it comes to level up stat boosts? That high level bonus is essentially a band aid for Sega making it so that Level ups give almost no stats when leveling up.

the_importer_
Apr 15, 2018, 09:36 AM
WTF These characters aren't dead though.If anythying where is Aurora or Omega Matoi if anyone who even held a DF for 5 Minutes gets an evil version?

We're only half way through the story, so it's a bit early for an Omega Matoi. As for Aurora, I think Persona is only conjuring Omega version of people you've met who held DF powers. Aurora can be pretty much be classified as a ghost, so you've never saw her with DF powers.

Finally, I don't think we'll be killing the Omega versions of Rina, Aika and Eucreta, there can only be 1 DF Apprentice after all. I bet the Apprentice that we'll kill will be the one that got eaten by Double in our world (https://pso2blog.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/pso20150725_211610_013.jpg) who will absorb the power of the other 3 before going through her transformation.

Tymek
Apr 15, 2018, 09:59 AM
I can't wait for Chapter 3 Part 2!

:^)

Arada
Apr 15, 2018, 10:13 AM
As someone who often parties with Fo/Te and Ra/Hu This skill is an amazing QoL. Not not only the Heros next to me get Buffed up but everyone who I can keep track of.

Also is it me or Is Sega just now recognizing that they done fucked up when it comes to level up stat boosts? That high level bonus is essentially a band aid for Sega making it so that Level ups give almost no stats when leveling up.

You misunderstood. Only the people in your party are getting your Shifta/Deband. That's 3 more people at best.
And if you're a good techer, you're already placing properly to buff most/all people in the MPA anyway.

This is exactly not the skill TE needed.

XrosBlader821
Apr 15, 2018, 10:31 AM
You misunderstood. Only the people in your party are getting your Shifta/Deband. That's 3 more people at best.
And if you're a good techer, you're already placing properly to buff most/all people in the MPA anyway.

This is exactly not the skill TE needed.

Read my Post again.

"As someone who often parties with Fo/Te and Ra/Hu" This skill is an amazing QoL. Not not only the Heros next to me get Buffed up but everyone who I can keep track of."

I can't keep track of other Parties. I never said if buffs the entire MPA. Good Te or not keeping backrow Players buffed up or airborne Heros is a pain in the butt. Worse case Scenario you have to stop attacking the target to run to a teammate to redo their buffs Which wastes time and worsens ones DPS. Also that's not exactly easy on Dragon or BQ's with Huge arenas where Mobility has high priority. This skill allows you to keep your buddies Buffed up more easily. It's a really great skill.

Altiea
Apr 15, 2018, 12:40 PM

People also completely missed the point of Braver Combination. It doesn't straight give you 50% crit rate : Whenever you proc Katana gear and switch to Bow, Bow will retain the crit rate of Katana Gear (which is 50%). The big thing though is that Katana Gear STAYS active even when on Bow, thus fixing one of the most essential Braver contradictions when it comes to using hybrid builds. SEGA has already buffed BO to incentivize the use of dual weapon usage instead of letting them each exist in their own bubble. Makes sense they're now trying to incentivize BR using both their weapons, while people maining one weapon can just skip the skill, similarly to how a Boots main would skip Dual Blades-related skills and vice-versa. Guess goes to show if a skill is not useful to everyone, then it must be trash for everyone

BO skill is indeed useless sadly though, but imo the rest is all fair, ranging from nice fixes to actually sizable bonuses

The issue is that if you go dual weapon, you have to give up something else on your Tree to support it, which is usually one of your stances. Given how Braver benefits from having both Stances on hand at the same time (unlike some Classes, like Hunter and Fighter), throwing away Weak or Average for dual weapon appears to be a bad trade.

Never mind, I take back everything I said. Braver Combination is actually geared toward Bow main, not dual weapon. Braver Combination lets you take a spare Katana and 1 point in Katana Gear, whack a few things to charge your Gear Gauge, fire up Gear, then switch to Bow to get that sweet Crit bonus.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 15, 2018, 01:03 PM
Anyone have a link to the contest winner concept art for these outfits?

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/May-Scratch-2.jpg

the_importer_
Apr 15, 2018, 03:25 PM
Worst new skill award definitely goes to Fo since it can't even work if you don't have Photon Flare. Even if you do have it, there's a cool down and if after burst doesn't count, then it'd even longer before recasting.

Altiea
Apr 15, 2018, 04:04 PM
Worst new skill award definitely goes to Fo since it can't even work if you don't have Photon Flare. Even if you do have it, there's a cool down and if after burst doesn't count, then it'd even longer before recasting.

You can just throw a spare point into Photon Flare and get its effect that way. Since everyone is getting 5 more SP with the 85 update, you can either throw the points into Photon Flare/Afterburst for PFRSC (one hell of an acronym) or dump it into Bolt Mastery. There isn't much else to do with 5 extra SP besides raw stats.

the_importer_
Apr 15, 2018, 04:19 PM
You can just throw a spare point into Photon Flare and get its effect that way. Since everyone is getting 5 more SP with the 85 update, you can either throw the points into Photon Flare/Afterburst for PFRSC (one hell of an acronym) or dump it into Bolt Mastery. There isn't much else to do with 5 extra SP besides raw stats.

My point is that it's a skill that requires another skill which in turns requires an activation and has a cooldown, that's 3 strikes already. Seriously, even if that High Level Bonus is just 5% extra damage, I'll point my new points into this instead, at least it will be constant. Plus, if I cared about speed so much, I would craft my techs to be that way.

Altiea
Apr 15, 2018, 04:20 PM
My point is that it's a skill that requires another skill which in turns requires an activation and has a cooldown, that's 3 strikes already. Seriously, even if that High Level Bonus is just 5% extra damage, I'll point my new points into this instead, at least it will be constant. Plus, if I cared about speed so much, I would craft my techs to be that way.

I think High Level Bonus doesn't require SP. If we go off that assumption, then where would you put the extra points?

the_importer_
Apr 15, 2018, 04:23 PM
I think High Level Bonus doesn't require SP. If we go off that assumption, then where would you put the extra points?

No need to assume anything:

https://s31.postimg.cc/mow9wzkt3/High_Level_Bonus.png (https://postimg.cc/image/mow9wzkt3/)

Unless SEGA will allow you to use SG for this new skill, what's the 5/5 for?

Anduril
Apr 15, 2018, 04:26 PM
Anyone have a link to the contest winner concept art for these outfits?

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/May-Scratch-2.jpg

http://pso2.jp/players/event/5th_anniversary/online/itemdesigncontest/result/

Tymek
Apr 15, 2018, 04:34 PM
Is nobody going to talk about the baby roleplay done by Gilliam, Rupika and Ash?

Dark Mits
Apr 15, 2018, 04:47 PM
Worst new skill award definitely goes to Fo since it can't even work if you don't have Photon Flare. Even if you do have it, there's a cool down and if after burst doesn't count, then it'd even longer before recasting.But that's not different than the other classes. It's like saying that FI's skill is useless if you don't have Limit Break, or TE's skill if you don't use Shifta/Deband, or SU's skill if you don't use Alter Ego etc. At the same time, unless I didn't understand it, it means that techs cast during Photon Flare will have reduced charge time. That's direct dps increase (at the same time as increase in PP per sec) during when you need it the most (burn phases).

ArcaneTechs
Apr 15, 2018, 04:57 PM

youre so out of touch with FO that you dont realize what a DPS jump this adds on to the already OP FO

That's direct dps increase (at the same time as increase in PP per sec) during when you need it the most (burn phases).
standing still already removes the pp prob during this really

Altiea
Apr 15, 2018, 04:57 PM
But that's not different than the other classes. It's like saying that FI's skill is useless if you don't have Limit Break, or TE's skill if you don't use Shifta/Deband, or SU's skill if you don't use Alter Ego etc. At the same time, unless I didn't understand it, it means that techs cast during Photon Flare will have reduced charge time. That's direct dps increase (at the same time as increase in PP per sec) during when you need it the most (burn phases).

The complaint is about having to take Photon Flare in the first place, which no one usually does because Force is usually throwing Skill Points into Element Mastery instead. That being said, with the extra SP and PFRSC it's now worth at least putting one or two points in Flare because of the halved charge time.

the_importer_
Apr 15, 2018, 05:09 PM
But that's not different than the other classes. It's like saying that FI's skill is useless if you don't have Limit Break, or TE's skill if you don't use Shifta/Deband, or SU's skill if you don't use Alter Ego etc. At the same time, unless I didn't understand it, it means that techs cast during Photon Flare will have reduced charge time. That's direct dps increase (at the same time as increase in PP per sec) during when you need it the most (burn phases).

Ya, but the skills you mention are pretty much staples of their respective class. Photon Flare as long been regarded as a waste of points since you can pretty much put that in your Technique Up 1 & 2 and have a more constant boost that doesn't require an activation. The main issue with an active skill is that 1/3 of the time when you activate it, Murphy's law will shit on you and: Some sort of boss battle cutscene will happen, you'll get knocked dizzy, frozen, paralyzed, tossed across the room, it hard enough that you'll need to waste time healing yourself or you'll simply die. So to have one skill rely on another like this, especially one that was pointless since the beginning is just asking for bad luck.

Plus, like I said earlier, it's probably a better choice to save those 5 new SP for High Level Bonus.

youre so out of touch with FO that you dont realize what a DPS jump this adds on to the already OP FO

Bitch please, if High Level Bonus is a %, then it will trump the concept of putting 2 points in PF and 5 in that new skill.

Altiea
Apr 15, 2018, 05:19 PM
Ya, but the skills you mention are pretty much staples of their respective class. Photon Flare as long been regarded as a waste of points since you can pretty much put that in your Technique Up 1 & 2 and have a more constant boost that doesn't require an activation. The main issue with an active skill is that 1/3 of the time when you activate it, Murphy's law will shit on you and: Some sort of boss battle cutscene will happen, you'll get knocked dizzy, frozen, paralyzed, tossed across the room, it hard enough that you'll need to waste time healing yourself or you'll simply die. So to have one skill rely on another like this, especially one that was pointless since the beginning is just asking for bad luck.

Plus, like I said earlier, it's probably a better choice to save those 5 new SP for High Level Bonus.

This is, again, under the assumption that High Level Bonus will require SP at all instead of just leveling up for each level you earn past Level 80.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 15, 2018, 05:41 PM
Bitch please, if High Level Bonus is a %, then it will trump the concept of putting 2 points in PF and 5 in that new skill.
T0 Zonde had literally zero charge to it, ok buddy

Dark Mits
Apr 15, 2018, 05:41 PM
The complaint is about having to take Photon Flare in the first place, which no one usually does because Force is usually throwing Skill Points into Element Mastery instead. That being said, with the extra SP and PFRSC it's now worth at least putting one or two points in Flare because of the halved charge time.What if, with this new skill, speccing in Photon Flare becomes meta due to it being higher performance than other FO builds? If this new skill manages that, then that's a good design point, since it will require the FO meta to have more active skills to manage.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 15, 2018, 05:43 PM
What if, with this new skill, speccing in Photon Flare becomes meta due to it being higher performance than other FO builds? If this new skill manages that, then that's a good design point, since it will require the FO meta to have more active skills to manage.
it basically is going to be meta, almost zero charge time with Il Grants for 60s on top of added T atk and standing still PP recov? its gonna be good

the_importer_
Apr 15, 2018, 05:54 PM
This is, again, under the assumption that High Level Bonus will require SP at all instead of just leveling up for each level you earn past Level 80.

Hey, nothing I'd like more than another skill that doesn't require SP so that I can put them somewhere else, but SEGA is not that generous. High Level Bonus says 5/5, the characters SEGA are using are Lv85 with 0 SP free, just being logical here.

XrosBlader821
Apr 15, 2018, 05:59 PM
No need to assume anything:

https://s31.postimg.cc/mow9wzkt3/High_Level_Bonus.png (https://postimg.cc/image/mow9wzkt3/)

Unless SEGA will allow you to use SG for this new skill, what's the 5/5 for?

Maybe its a Level 20 / 40 / 50 / 70 / 80 unlockable. So far we haven't seen this Skill not being maxed out and it'd be idiotic to make one skill that doesn't require SP and make another skill that is identically labeled require SP to level up.

it basically is going to be meta, almost zero charge time with Il Grants for 60s on top of added T atk and standing still PP recov? its gonna be good

The Photon Flare Short Charge thingy only has a duration of 20 seconds. Still more than enough for most stun phases and seriously we're talking about a skill that requires 1 SP investment at worst.

the_importer_
Apr 15, 2018, 06:11 PM
Maybe its a Level 20 / 40 / 50 / 70 / 80 unlockable. So far we haven't seen this Skill not being maxed out and it'd be idiotic to make one skill that doesn't require SP and make another skill that is identically labeled require SP to level up.

The Photon Flare Short Charge thingy only has a duration of 20 seconds. Still more than enough for most stun phases and seriously we're talking about a skill that requires 1 SP investment at worst.

Don't know what's worst, the cooldown time or the fact that it only lasts 20 seconds. I can only picture the person who actually uses Photon Flare on a regular bases trying to sync 2 skills that work together and have a different cooling time.

Zephyrion
Apr 15, 2018, 06:53 PM
Don't know what's worst, the cooldown time or the fact that it only lasts 20 seconds. I can only picture the person who actually uses Photon Flare on a regular bases trying to sync 2 skills that work together and have a different cooling time.

To be honest there is nothing to be mad about, every class gets a quality of life skill, and some of them are barely useful, while FO gets a nice 20 seconds burst of damage for literally one skill point. Sure it's not incredibly broken either, but compared to what everyone got...I'd be more than happy about it

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 15, 2018, 09:39 PM
To be honest there is nothing to be mad about, every class gets a quality of life skill, and some of them are barely useful, while FO gets a nice 20 seconds burst of damage for literally one skill point. Sure it's not incredibly broken either, but compared to what everyone got...I'd be more than happy about it

Basically.

Br got a skill to finally stop punishing them for weapon switching to address the increasing problem of less reasons to pull out the bow since active katana gear was thrown away on weapon switch + the ep5 bow nerfs + two accessable 14* katanas that skyrocket katana gear uptime + the change to the gear release ring.

Te can now maintain buffs a large distance away without needing to get creative with a talis. Woop de doo.

Bo skill... looks like crap honestly, since the fields are already crap... especially if it puts the fields on cooldown, preventing 100% uptime.

And yet someone here complains about having to put points into photon flare to make their techs possibly cast in half the time, effectively doubling damage output in the same window from normal? :wacko:

Zorak000
Apr 15, 2018, 10:08 PM
warning: this anime... is canon.

considering that all of apprentice's hosts (that we know of) are still somewhat alive, The Four Demon Generals here only complicate the matter of who gets to share headspace with guntram and zenchi

XrosBlader821
Apr 15, 2018, 10:11 PM
warning: this anime... is canon.

considering that all of apprentice's hosts (that we know of) are still somewhat alive, The Four Demon Generals here only complicate the matter of who gets to share headspace with guntram and zenchi

Pretty sure Aurora is dead.

Zorak000
Apr 15, 2018, 10:18 PM
Pretty sure Aurora is dead.

eh she's somewhat alive-ish; whatever part of her that got vore'd by clowns is dead anyway

ArcaneTechs
Apr 16, 2018, 01:56 AM
And yet someone here complains about having to put points into photon flare to make their techs possibly cast in half the time, effectively doubling damage output in the same window from normal? :wacko:
some people just dont know how to meta properly

Youmu Konpaku
Apr 16, 2018, 07:08 AM
i just hope the new force skill in photon flare works like *14 Motav and works with Namegid. so i can boom boom with Namegid freely. it will not be op when you see hero freely do 300k+ damage under 5 seconds with no PP at all.

Moffen
Apr 16, 2018, 08:32 AM
i just hope the new force skill in photon flare works like *14 Motav and works with Namegid. so i can boom boom with Namegid freely. it will not be op when you see hero freely do 300k+ damage under 5 seconds with no PP at all.

Namegids charge operates on a completely different animation and theres no way to reduce it unless they give it a Type-0 though

ArcaneTechs
Apr 16, 2018, 09:36 AM
if youre playing right you can do 300k or more within the Aura Charge timeframe.

i was thinking about that for Na Megid too but i cant say until its here, i dont think it'll work though not to mention you can push out way more Il Grants dmg within those 20's but if it somehow works too well with Na Megid then i could be wrong but that all varies on Na Megid dmg vs 10x Il Grants hits

Tunga
Apr 16, 2018, 01:21 PM
Oh man cant wait to see even more forces ilgrant spam everything that comes withing sight.

milranduil
Apr 16, 2018, 03:59 PM
Oh man cant wait to see even more forces ilgrant spam everything that comes withing sight.

you're the last person who should be criticizing anyone about force play...

Altiea
Apr 16, 2018, 04:09 PM
Thank goodness for cheaper Grace Tech. Guess I should complete my SU/FI Units soon

The new Hunting-style outfits look promising but I'm gonna need to see color variants.

Cyber Meteor
Apr 16, 2018, 05:27 PM
Namegids charge operates on a completely different animation and theres no way to reduce it unless they give it a Type-0 though

It's actually like Nabarta, considered as an uncharged tech :p so it's not gonna be affected since from SEGA code's POV it doesn't have a charge time at all xD

Golgotha
Apr 16, 2018, 06:51 PM
Meta kinda quickly moved from taking a crap on literally useless Fo for 2 min cooldowns to fear that the class will be simply overpowered to hell and back.

Now if only Forces actually existed in game and not just in recorded xq speedruns.

Is nobody going to talk about the baby roleplay done by Gilliam, Rupika and Ash?

Somebody on twitter speculated that his psyche collapsed from all the bad treatment.

XrosBlader821
May 12, 2018, 08:27 AM
So Arks Live was today http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-19-recap/

Apparently We get another level cap increase later in this year. It's a little surprising since we had only 2 level cap increases since EP3 and now we're apparently getting 2 withing a single episode. I guess Hero will enjoy a jump from 80 straight to level 90 because they didn't seem to talk about him reaching level 85 cap so far.

All Weapons are going to support double jump which is cool but it makes JB feel a little less special. Not gonna complain about it though. More mobility is always welcome.

A few rings will become charms. I guess Sega realized the monotony of the Skill Ring system since everyone runs pretty much the same rings (Step Jump + Air Reversal) So this should open up more room for personal preferences and eliminate some of the Skill Ring juggling which I'm fine with.

It's funny to see that each class that has skills affecting party members in one way or another is called a support class in Sega's eyes. funny they haven't called Hunter a Support Class yet since he can inflict Jellen now.

Quna's Genesis weapon accessory will finally show up in a SG Scratch. Finally my Quna pose from the CD will make sense.

final_attack
May 12, 2018, 08:47 AM
Nice Gunner's direction .... "Mid-Range Attacker with Burst" ....... by having the skill "Zero Range Advance" XDDD

Oh, and I think I saw all-classes will have things like Hr's FirstBlood ...... saw it on ShogaiPSO(?), I think

KaizoKage
May 12, 2018, 09:08 AM
Bouncer’s Future
Extend its features of being a “Support-Type All Rounder that excels with range”

......I can support people with my Kestrel Rampage Type-0 now

XrosBlader821
May 12, 2018, 09:48 AM
Bouncer’s Future
Extend its features of being a “Support-Type All Rounder that excels with range”

......I can support people with my Kestrel Rampage Type-0 now

Shoot Photon Blades at party members to heal them!

GHNeko
May 12, 2018, 11:17 AM
>bouncer

https://twitter.com/GHNeko/status/995287573424754688

in other news

they're making limit break less risky

which has me reeling in pure laughter at the notion of fihu lb having any sort of risk. im only considering fihu because if you want to tell me that sega had fi/not-hu in mind and can prove it ill eat a hat.

but also really concerned because i feel like sega is silly enough to reduce the penalty of LB while also not adjusting HP Slayers threshold making it so that slayers do not autoproc when you pop LB.

which would reallllly be shitty lol.

wefwq
May 12, 2018, 11:22 AM
Bouncer can never catch a break, SEGA seriously need to wake up right this instant.

Kintama
May 12, 2018, 11:25 AM
Wake me up when they reealize braver doesn't work as a class and is nothing but a regroupement of weapons with no synergy between each other.

wefwq
May 12, 2018, 11:30 AM
Wake me up when they reealize braver doesn't work as a class and is nothing but a regroupement of weapons with no synergy between each other.
I hope you have cozy pillow because you going to sleep for very long time.

GHNeko
May 12, 2018, 11:32 AM

i mean bow katana hybrid would work fine iF BRAVER HAD THE SP FOR IT WITHOUT NEEDING TO GIVE UP SO MUCH DAMAGE

XrosBlader821
May 12, 2018, 12:04 PM
i mean bow katana hybrid would work fine iF BRAVER HAD THE SP FOR IT WITHOUT NEEDING TO GIVE UP SO MUCH DAMAGE

Literally how I feel about most problems Regular classes suffer from. When I get bored I always used to waste a few hours on making fake redesigned Skill trees and they'd always include a huge cut in SP cost on almost everything. You have to dedicate to niche Ideas so much that you lose too much Power in return.
for example
Why do I need to invest 1/10th of my SP and a ring slot on a field skill that replaces a Moon/Cosmo Atomizer every 5 minutes.
Why do Bullet Skills together eat almost 50% of my SP and why can't Rangers Combine them together?
Why do all regular Classes need to waste a 3~5 SP into singular stat ups when Summoners and Heros start up with actual skills and their stat ups always have multiple stats in one. Like this is so baffling to me, no one levels up Dex up 1, 2 and 3 unironically but if these skills were fused with R-ATK and R-DEF stat ups suddenly you got real value to consider. Braver would absolutely benefit from Dex, S-ATK and R-ATK ups being fused together among other Skills getting reduced SP costs.

RadiantLegend
May 12, 2018, 12:37 PM
Forces don't like element conversion? Guess what with the right element forces will deal even more damage.

I had a good laugh at that one.

So no new class in the future? I'm also guessing they no longer want HR as an advance class.

XrosBlader821
May 12, 2018, 12:57 PM
Forces don't like element conversion? Guess what with the right element forces will deal even more damage.

I had a good laugh at that one.

So no new class in the future? I'm also guessing they no longer want HR as an advance class.

I think a lot of Force players don't take it into consideration how much other classes rely on the Element matched bonus. You can see on paper that you lose 15% flat damage by not matching your Rods/Talises with enemy Weakness but you can't see that 60% of Atra Farder is almost 1200 S-ATK that you miss out on. Or perhaps they're not doing the math correctly and assume 50/25% is the actual difference instead of 30/15%

And yeah Sega seems to completely gotten rid of the Advanced Classes -> Regular classes idea.

SteveCZ
May 12, 2018, 01:18 PM
And yeah Sega seems to completely gotten rid of the Advanced Classes -> Regular classes idea.

Exactly this.

ArcaneTechs
May 12, 2018, 01:28 PM
all those Class Survey Satisfactions charts triggering me so hard, FO and SU got me the most, theyre so dam overpowered right now and people are still complaining about it.

I'm absolutely more upset about BO, its not a dam SUPPORT CLASS!!! it's such a fun class but they havent done anything good to it other than buff JB's over and over and still no new PA's being added to it and Skills just suck. Class is so slow and setups with DB's are out DPS'd by other classes easily. The whole thing needs work

ahhhh is Sega so dam out of touch with this game or something???

Dark Mits
May 12, 2018, 01:29 PM
Literally how I feel about most problems Regular classes suffer from. When I get bored I always used to waste a few hours on making fake redesigned Skill trees and they'd always include a huge cut in SP cost on almost everything. You have to dedicate to niche Ideas so much that you lose too much Power in return.
for example
Why do I need to invest 1/10th of my SP and a ring slot on a field skill that replaces a Moon/Cosmo Atomizer every 5 minutes.
Why do Bullet Skills together eat almost 50% of my SP and why can't Rangers Combine them together?
Why do all regular Classes need to waste a 3~5 SP into singular stat ups when Summoners and Heros start up with actual skills and their stat ups always have multiple stats in one. Like this is so baffling to me, no one levels up Dex up 1, 2 and 3 unironically but if these skills were fused with R-ATK and R-DEF stat ups suddenly you got real value to consider. Braver would absolutely benefit from Dex, S-ATK and R-ATK ups being fused together among other Skills getting reduced SP costs.I'm on the other side of the spectrum. Why should classes have access to all skills at the same time? Why should everyone be a 1-man army even in cutting-edge content? I believe that players should be forced/locked into being able to only perform one role when they start a quest. If someone wants to be a jack-of-all-trades, then they should suffer in being subpar in every single role. PSO2 classes however are jack-of-all trades, master of all.

XrosBlader821
May 12, 2018, 02:13 PM
I'm on the other side of the spectrum. Why should classes have access to all skills at the same time? Why should everyone be a 1-man army even in cutting-edge content? I believe that players should be forced/locked into being able to only perform one role when they start a quest. If someone wants to be a jack-of-all-trades, then they should suffer in being subpar in every single role. PSO2 classes however are jack-of-all trades, master of all.

You're completely missing the point. The only reason the current skil ltrees are any way tolerable is because we learned which skills work and which don't an reset passes are free anyway. That being said the Tree's don't give any real choice. Sure you can decide to focus either on Katana or Bow but a Hybrid is completely unviable while Bo has so little Skills to put stats into that you pretty much have to play it as a Hybrid. In case of Braver they need to reduce SP cost of Important skills and introduce new purely optional ones. This way you can play only Katana and get the optional Skills or Play only Bow and get the optional Skills or Play hybrid and ignore the optional skills.

Hero is perhaps the best designed Skill tree so far. You can get every important skill with ease and then spend the last remaining points into Skills you'd like but that won't significantly affect your DPS. I could say the same about Summoner and Bouncer to a lesser extend but it's no coincidence that all 3 Classes I mentioned have the lowest Total SP cost in their Skill tree while every other class has SP totals twice as high as currently available SP (braver being only short by 2 points and Hu/Fo almost tripple that amount).

https://i.imgur.com/fDfUiFS.png

Spending 10 SP into Burn Mastery isn't a option it's a mistake. Spending 10 SP into T-DEF Up is the same and you have to spend so much SP into Photon Flare that People prefer not to bother and put the SP into T-ATK Ups instead. These Skills have no real value. Fighter has to waste 20 SP on S-DEF up and Dex up while Summoner/Hero spend only 5~10SP and achieve a much better effect.

Again, I'm not suggesting they should kill options entirely but they really need overhaul the Tree's so that Essential skills and optional ones are clear and all of them present real value to the player. Fusing some of the Stat up skills not only would make them much more appealing but would also get rid of a lot of Clutter on the page, And S-ATK/R-aTK/T-ATK/Dex Up skills aren't essential so there is no point why the first 3~5 SP should be wasted on them.

SteveCZ
May 12, 2018, 03:18 PM
Bouncer is a support class folkss deal with eett :lol: it hurts ex fi/bo users even more. :lol:

Dark Mits
May 12, 2018, 03:20 PM
I actually believe that trees do give option. The issue about wrong choices is because players have calculated out the most efficient builds. For example regarding T-atk and Photon Flare, players have found out that going for T-atk is better. This makes Photon Flare a "wrong" decision. But if Sega tried to fix this and buffed Photon Flare so that it would become better than T-atk, then going T-atk would become the "wrong" decision. Mathematically there cannot be a balance between these 2 options, since content is dynamic.

Sega does have the option of entirely eliminating skill trees and making classes unlock skills / stats / etc. at specific levels. Or they can design every class to require exactly so many skills as many skill points are available. Then and only then (ie. by eliminating choice) will they be able to work towards balancing classes and builds. But we players want to feel that it's our own characters we play, and not someone else's.

the_importer_
May 12, 2018, 04:37 PM
You're completely missing the point. The only reason the current skil ltrees are any way tolerable is because we learned which skills work and which don't an reset passes are free anyway. That being said the Tree's don't give any real choice. Sure you can decide to focus either on Katana or Bow but a Hybrid is completely unviable while Bo has so little Skills to put stats into that you pretty much have to play it as a Hybrid. In case of Braver they need to reduce SP cost of Important skills and introduce new purely optional ones. This way you can play only Katana and get the optional Skills or Play only Bow and get the optional Skills or Play hybrid and ignore the optional skills.

Hero is perhaps the best designed Skill tree so far. You can get every important skill with ease and then spend the last remaining points into Skills you'd like but that won't significantly affect your DPS. I could say the same about Summoner and Bouncer to a lesser extend but it's no coincidence that all 3 Classes I mentioned have the lowest Total SP cost in their Skill tree while every other class has SP totals twice as high as currently available SP (braver being only short by 2 points and Hu/Fo almost tripple that amount).

https://i.imgur.com/fDfUiFS.png

Spending 10 SP into Burn Mastery isn't a option it's a mistake. Spending 10 SP into T-DEF Up is the same and you have to spend so much SP into Photon Flare that People prefer not to bother and put the SP into T-ATK Ups instead. These Skills have no real value. Fighter has to waste 20 SP on S-DEF up and Dex up while Summoner/Hero spend only 5~10SP and achieve a much better effect.

Again, I'm not suggesting they should kill options entirely but they really need overhaul the Tree's so that Essential skills and optional ones are clear and all of them present real value to the player. Fusing some of the Stat up skills not only would make them much more appealing but would also get rid of a lot of Clutter on the page, And S-ATK/R-aTK/T-ATK/Dex Up skills aren't essential so there is no point why the first 3~5 SP should be wasted on them.

I think it's obvious that SEGA will cap the final level at 100 for every class and unless they give us more extra SP, 114 will be the maximum. I think the best thing to do, after 6 years (out of 10 for support) would be to keep every skill to either 1 or 5 points. This would allow players to max out most of the essentials on a tree, especially for dual classes once we hit those 114 SP.

GHNeko
May 12, 2018, 05:19 PM
it just occured to me that bouncer's main support skills EPPR and Crit Field; and fuck it lets throw HEAL SHARE in there
are all fucking RINGS

that are no less effective than the real skill themselves, while only have -20s less active time, but -10s CD time, so the net loss is -10s. Which isn't bad considering that

1. you dont have to waste SP for these skills
2. you dont have to waste time playing Bo

the unique aspect about Bo's support isnt even unique to Bo anymore and there is no advantage Bo has vs people just using the rings outside of being able to run these skills simultaneously and with longer uptimes (the rings has lower cooldowns)

so you can be Bo support to a degree without being Bo support.

and in the same breath

they still call bo a support class

what a joke

XrosBlader821
May 12, 2018, 05:22 PM
I actually believe that trees do give option. The issue about wrong choices is because players have calculated out the most efficient builds.
So basically you're saying that the choice in this game boils down whenever or not you want to play optimaly or unoptimally. This is absolutely terrible and the reason why I said these Trees are only being tolerated because we already know how to play optimally.

Or they can design every class to require exactly so many skills as many skill points are available. Then and only then (ie. by eliminating choice) will they be able to work towards balancing classes and builds.
Or instead of doing that they can make each essential and optional skill clearly identifiable and reduce cost of essential skills so that you have actually some SP left to choose the optional ones. Something I've tried to explain with previous posts but you seem to think that making the Trees less shit will make everyone OP somehow. They already proved themselves being capable of doing a great skill tree where Essentials and Optionals are clearly identifiable and affordable with Hero. The only way to play Hero unoptimally is to literally ignore the Tree and only go for the Optionals which you'd never do unironically.

But we players want to feel that it's our own characters we play, and not someone else's.
This issue doesn't really exist in Phasion Star Online 2 and we would still have flexibility with the subclass system.

ArcaneTechs
May 12, 2018, 05:22 PM
it just occured to me that bouncer's main support skills EPPR and Crit Field; and fuck it lets throw HEAL SHARE in there
are all fucking RINGS

that are no less effective than the real skill themselves, while only have -20s less active time, but -10s CD time, so the net loss is -10s. Which isn't bad considering that

1. you dont have to waste SP for these skills
2. you dont have to waste time playing Bo

the unique aspect about Bo's support isnt even unique to Bo anymore and there is no advantage Bo has vs people just using the rings outside of being able to run these skills simultaneously and with longer uptimes (the rings has lower cooldowns)

so you can be Bo support to a degree without being Bo support.

and in the same breath

they still call bo a support class

what a joke
you remember WarTecher? i remember it, its basically what BO is now man

GHNeko
May 12, 2018, 05:31 PM
you remember WarTecher? i remember it, its basically what BO is now man

wartecher sucked didnt it?

Dark Mits
May 12, 2018, 06:33 PM
So basically you're saying that the choice in this game boils down whenever or not you want to play optimaly or unoptimally. This is absolutely terrible and the reason why I said these Trees are only being tolerated because we already know how to play optimally.Not what I mean, but what you say actually applies for every single game of this genre in existance. There will always be explicitly only 1 optimal solution. Even 1 single skill point placed differently is by definition suboptimal, even if it's a non-dps skill point. The best thing a developer can do is simply reduce the difference between the absolute worst and the absolute best option a player can make. Some games have done a good job (and every example I can think of doesn't have more than 5-10 choices for the player to make), and in other games the difference is enormous.

Or instead of doing that they can make each essential and optional skill clearly identifiable and reduce cost of essential skills so that you have actually some SP left to choose the optional ones. Something I've tried to explain with previous posts but you seem to think that making the Trees less shit will make everyone OP somehow. They already proved themselves being capable of doing a great skill tree where Essentials and Optionals are clearly identifiable and affordable with Hero. The only way to play Hero unoptimally is to literally ignore the Tree and only go for the Optionals which you'd never do unironically.It's that we disagree on what is essential and what isn't. Taking FO as an example again, is 245 T-atk from the 3 skills essential? If it is essential for the class to "work", then why give players the option of selecting it instead of giving it as passive level-up bonuses, or as a hard requirement before unlocking other skills (like the first 3 points in T-atk 1)? Is Photon Flare essential? If it is not then why include it as an option? And if a player decides to take it for "flavor", what should they have to give up to make it a balanced flavor choice?

Let's take TE for example: I count 128 skillpoints that translate to direct damage increase. Some of them are global (T-atk 2 for example), some are situational (Wind Mastery for example, which only works on enemies with Wind weakness). With 99 total skillpoints I have to give up 29 skillpoints. What should I give up? Wind/Dark mastery and Poison Ignition because not many hard enemies are weak to wind and dark? That's a choice I have to make, which means that I will remain at my max theoretical performance for Light, but I will be weaker for Wind and Dark.

And it doesn't stop here. In the 128 figure above, I have not included the Deband skills, Long-time Assist, Reverser Field, PP Restorate, Tech Charge JA Addition, PP Conversion, Territory Burst, Wide Support, Super Treatment, Territory PP Save. I guess I SHOULD get PP Conversion and PP Restorate, because I don't want to spend most of the time where I am not in melee distance waiting for my PP to recover. So I should give up some other direct damage increase skillpoints. Ok, I remove all DEX, that's 10 more. I'll split them like this: 9 in PP Conversion and 1 in PP Restorate.

But wait, Super Treatment is amazing because it increases the PP of others too. I should definitely get that too! But I have to give up something else! Maybe reduce points in S-atk.

But Deband buffs are also amazing! 15% damage reduction and 25% extra hp means that this thing that now deals 120% of my current max hp as damage will only deal 83% of my then max hp. This is the difference between dying and surviving! Oh no, I have to give up even more direct damage for it!

See, as a TE player, I have choices to make: Do I try to be a useful mpa member with great Deband, Super Treatment, the new Party Assist, Reverser Field that also has auto-Shifta/Deband etc? Or do I play as pure damage dealer? Let's take subclasses into account as well. Do I get HU for extra melee damage and good tankiness? Do I get FO to be able to spam from afar and be able to rez the useless bow user quicklier? Do I get BO so that I have additionally more utility through Fields?

Hero's design doesn't really give you an option. You are statically one single thing, and every Hero playes exactly that same as every other Hero. Choosing between 50 more Def or 50 more HP isn't flavor choice. And even this can be mathematically worked out to be an optimal or suboptimal choice.

This issue doesn't really exist in Phasion Star Online 2 and we would still have flexibility with the subclass system.But again, some class/subclass combinations work better than others. This isn't different than having optimal vs suboptimal skill selection in a single class. Going Fo/Hu is not as effective as Fo/Te, therefore Fo/Hu is not optimal. Now if the difference was so small that RNG blurred it, then we could talk about flexibility, but even in that case there would still be only a single build that had mathematical average peak performance.

XrosBlader821
May 12, 2018, 08:07 PM
Not what I mean, but what you say actually applies for every single game of this genre in existance. There will always be explicitly only 1 optimal solution. Even 1 single skill point placed differently is by definition suboptimal, even if it's a non-dps skill point. The best thing a developer can do is simply reduce the difference between the absolute worst and the absolute best option a player can make. Some games have done a good job (and every example I can think of doesn't have more than 5-10 choices for the player to make), and in other games the difference is enormous.
Again Hero already proved that you can make a well designed tree. If you don't think that Hero has a well designed Tree then I won't take your comments about what should and shouldn't be made with the skill trees seriously anymore. Besides a issue being present in other games doesn't make it excusable to be present in all of them.

It's that we disagree on what is essential and what isn't. Taking FO as an example again, is 245 T-atk from the 3 skills essential? If it is essential for the class to "work", then why give players the option of selecting it instead of giving it as passive level-up bonuses, or as a hard requirement before unlocking other skills (like the first 3 points in T-atk 1)? Is Photon Flare essential? If it is not then why include it as an option? And if a player decides to take it for "flavor", what should they have to give up to make it a balanced flavor choice?
Okay? Are Gear Skills essential? If yes why isn't it built into the weapon? Is Limit Break essential? I mean it's the only way to reliably trigger half of the skill tree. Is Weak bullet essential? Weak Hit Advance 1 and 2 would make you believe that is the case but we can choose to ignore it so it must be totally optional.

Let's take TE for example: I count 128 skillpoints that translate to direct damage increase. Some of them are global (T-atk 2 for example), some are situational (Wind Mastery for example, which only works on enemies with Wind weakness). With 99 total skillpoints I have to give up 29 skillpoints. What should I give up? Wind/Dark mastery and Poison Ignition because not many hard enemies are weak to wind and dark? That's a choice I have to make, which means that I will remain at my max theoretical performance for Light, but I will be weaker for Wind and Dark.

And it doesn't stop here. In the 128 figure above, I have not included the Deband skills, Long-time Assist, Reverser Field, PP Restorate, Tech Charge JA Addition, PP Conversion, Territory Burst, Wide Support, Super Treatment, Territory PP Save. I guess I SHOULD get PP Conversion and PP Restorate, because I don't want to spend most of the time where I am not in melee distance waiting for my PP to recover. So I should give up some other direct damage increase skillpoints. Ok, I remove all DEX, that's 10 more. I'll split them like this: 9 in PP Conversion and 1 in PP Restorate.

But wait, Super Treatment is amazing because it increases the PP of others too. I should definitely get that too! But I have to give up something else! Maybe reduce points in S-atk.

But Deband buffs are also amazing! 15% damage reduction and 25% extra hp means that this thing that now deals 120% of my current max hp as damage will only deal 83% of my then max hp. This is the difference between dying and surviving! Oh no, I have to give up even more direct damage for it!

See, as a TE player, I have choices to make: Do I try to be a useful mpa member with great Deband, Super Treatment, the new Party Assist, Reverser Field that also has auto-Shifta/Deband etc? Or do I play as pure damage dealer? Let's take subclasses into account as well. Do I get HU for extra melee damage and good tankiness? Do I get FO to be able to spam from afar and be able to rez the useless bow user quicklier? Do I get BO so that I have additionally more utility through Fields?
Te/Hu literally has no options to choose from. Every Te/Hu build nowadays is pretty identical thanks to Techniques being taken out of the equation.
Playing Tech focused Te you're basically playing shitty Fo. Te players have some amazing choices to make indeed.

Hero's design doesn't really give you an option. You are statically one single thing, and every Hero playes exactly that same as every other Hero. Choosing between 50 more Def or 50 more HP isn't flavor choice. And even this can be mathematically worked out to be an optimal or suboptimal choice.
That's where I have to stop you and ask how differently are other classes playing with their "Choices".
A Hunter will try to parry with Chargable PA regardless of Fury or Guard Stance.
A Fighter will skill pretty much identically because the stances are just awful and don't change gameplay at all.
A Ranger wont play radically different if you choose to ignore Weak Bullet and go for a different Bullet, except of the lost DPS to the entire MPA.
A Gunner suffers from a similar issue as Fighter, there is only one way to play that class and Players seem to complain about lack of SP on that one too.
Force doesn't play radically different if you choose Mastery C instead of Mastery A.
Te does have the choice of going Full Wand Bonk or actually use Techs regardless of what you pick you're playing a shit Bo or shit Fo and you only do so because of better Shifta/Deband.
Braver can only choose to go Katana or Bow as hybrids aren't viable.
Bouncer can play Solo DB, Solo JB or Hybrid but like I said it's one of the better skill trees with optional skills you can pick if you'd like to have them.
Summoners play exactly the same and even subclasses don't change that. But they still have a lot of choices to make on the less important skills. Again, one of the better skill trees because there are a lot of skills that you don't have to take but you do because you want to. Stuff like Easy Symphathy or Reserve recovery or Photon Blast Advance won't break your neck if you don't have them and the amount of SP is ideal to take all the essentials andmake decisions about the remaining ones.

And if you're going to answer with "Well Class X can play with Weapon A instead of Weapon B" then im gonna counter and say that you don't have to play Hero with Swords or TMG or Talis or all 3 weapons combined. You make the decision to do or not do so, which makes the optional Hero skills even more optional.

But that's beside the point because we're discussing insignificant options here. I never said the choices on Hero make the class play radically different but they're choices players make depending on what they feel like is important to them personally and won't affect the performance too much. You don't have to level up Hero Will or Hero Flash guard if you're confident about dodging but you won't lose out on much by taking these skills over something else. That's what optional skills should be like, not deciding if I want essential skill A or essential Skill B because the SP costs are too bloody high. you can only take Photon Flare if you go mono Element in which case 2 out of 3 coumpounds are weakened because you wanted a 10% Damage buff every 45 sec.

ArcaneTechs
May 13, 2018, 03:07 AM
wartecher sucked didnt it?
didnt you play PSU? you dont remember it? underwhelming hybrid class that got little to no attention after a point while everything else excelled nicely, basically BO right now, theyre not doing much to it let alone Sega for some reason thinks this class is a "support" class. im so jaded about BO right now man

GHNeko
May 13, 2018, 04:34 AM
didnt you play PSU? you dont remember it? underwhelming hybrid class that got little to no attention after a point while everything else excelled nicely, basically BO right now, theyre not doing much to it let alone Sega for some reason thinks this class is a "support" class. im so jaded about BO right now man

played PSU on Clem which adjusted Wartecher so I can't say I know since i avoided vanilla PSU and AOTI

Dark Mits
May 13, 2018, 05:36 AM
Again Hero already proved that you can make a well designed tree. If you don't think that Hero has a well designed Tree then I won't take your comments about what should and shouldn't be made with the skill trees seriously anymore. Besides a issue being present in other games doesn't make it excusable to be present in all of them.No, Hero doesn't have a well designed tree. It has a tree designed for players who do not want to have to make a choice on what to get and who want to have access to everything with 0 effort. Hero tree is designed to be impossible to fuck up, and as you said in a previous post, any wrong Hero tree has been done delibirately and to troll, not because the player thought it would work out.

Okay? Are Gear Skills essential? If yes why isn't it built into the weapon? Is Limit Break essential? I mean it's the only way to reliably trigger half of the skill tree. Is Weak bullet essential? Weak Hit Advance 1 and 2 would make you believe that is the case but we can choose to ignore it so it must be totally optional.But we agree here. These skills are essential for the classes to be viable. So why give the illusion of choice?

Te/Hu literally has no options to choose from. Every Te/Hu build nowadays is pretty identical thanks to Techniques being taken out of the equation.
Playing Tech focused Te you're basically playing shitty Fo. Te players have some amazing choices to make indeed.Again we agree here. TE players have choices. But every choice they make means that they become slightly better at one thing, and lose the option to be slightly better at some other thing.

snip to save spaceI have to apologize here because I didn't make my point clear.
The point I was trying to make is that regular classes have to select before entering a quest what their strong points will be and at the same time where they will be middle of the pack or below optimal, or even outright bad. If a BR player decides to drop all points into Katana for example, he has to accept that during the entirety of the quest (actually at least until he resets his skilltree) he will be bad with Bow, and he will have to rely on gap-closer and melee. If a TE player selects skills that maximize personal dps, then for the entirety of the quest his support abilities will be below optimal. But if the TE player maxes support skills first, then his personal dps will be below optimal. It is mathematically impossible to have optimal support skills and optimal personal-dps at the same time.

Hero does not have to make this sacrifice. The moment a Hero enters the field, he will always have the option of performing at 100% if he decides to play only Sword, or 100% if he decides to play only TMG, or 100% if he decides to play 100% Talis, or 100% if he decides to weapon dance. He doesn't give up anything.

XrosBlader821
May 13, 2018, 06:43 AM
Hero does not have to make this sacrifice. The moment a Hero enters the field, he will always have the option of performing at 100% if he decides to play only Sword, or 100% if he decides to play only TMG, or 100% if he decides to play 100% Talis, or 100% if he decides to weapon dance. He doesn't give up anything.

And why exactly is this a bad thing?
You have literally the same with Bouncer being able to 100% DB or 100% JB or 100% both of them and Braver is almost there it just needs a SP cost reduction.
Not to mention you do have to make compromises on Hr if you pick one thing over the other they're not not as big as on regular classes. Which is my point this entire time. On regular classes the compromises you have to make are just too insane. As a result certain Skills don't see any use at all. Remember when Adrenaline cost 5 SP and barely anyone used it? now it's 1 SP and people gladly take it if they have 1 SP they don't know what to do with. Or remember how SP intensive stance dancing on Fighter was just a Year ago and nowadays it's a viable option? They essentially cut the SP costs of Fighter Stance dancing in half from 60 to 30. Certain skills are only bad because they cost too many SP and cutting the cost would eliminate the wrong choices by making them actually good choices.