PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Galaxy Étoile AC Scratch (22 March 2018 - 25 April 2018)

Anduril
Mar 22, 2018, 12:47 AM
https://i.imgur.com/9J6xkm6.png
https://i.imgur.com/X8q1h9i.png (http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/ac/20180322/)https://i.imgur.com/sDGGSKY.png (http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/fun)

Too poor after the Nova scratch, but then again, not much catches my eye except those smithy gloves and the bandana with goggles.

Madevil
Mar 22, 2018, 02:13 AM
save my mst for upcoming Shining Resonance revival next week

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 22, 2018, 02:27 AM
Maaaaaaaaan they're really holding out on Alisa/Harriet battlewear recolors. We can really use a break from the overused white/silver + gold trim. Until then, most of these coming scratches look like trash to me.

echofaith
Mar 22, 2018, 05:18 AM
I like Gene basewear, but rest is meh. Everything cost too much though, so saving my for other stuff :s

the_importer_
Mar 22, 2018, 07:38 AM
No bonus keys for scratching regulars, how cheap :(

aiMute
Mar 22, 2018, 08:48 AM
That shitty bum Ba and even its In is "you lose" scratch result. Meanwhile we get p2w prem2 drinks, fucking KMR cant not shit up pso2. Oh and byebye ep1-3, now it's made by KMR shit only.

XrosBlader821
Mar 22, 2018, 12:53 PM
That shitty bum Ba and even its In is "you lose" scratch result. Meanwhile we get p2w prem2 drinks, fucking KMR cant not shit up pso2. Oh and byebye ep1-3, now it's made by KMR shit only.

Oh no! A redundant mode that is just there to confuse new players is gone!
Oh no! Premium 2 Drinks finally are worth a damn!
How horrible!

aiMute
Mar 22, 2018, 01:34 PM
Oh no! A redundant mode that is just there to confuse new players is gone!
Oh no! Premium 2 Drinks finally are worth a damn!
How horrible!
Oh no, a sarcastic unpleasant person with different opinion! Also guaranteed multiplicative RDB wasn't "worth a damn? You're either a gurenlord or a KMR fanboi.

XrosBlader821
Mar 22, 2018, 03:06 PM
Oh no, a sarcastic unpleasant person with different opinion! Also guaranteed multiplicative RDB wasn't "worth a damn? You're either a gurenlord or a KMR fanboi.

You do realize that that RDR Boost was on the Premium Drink 1 already right?
The only reason to use Premium 2 before was a sick 15% EXP Boost.
The primary effect is as powerful as on non Premium Large drinks and all of these secondary effects still happen on non-Premium drinks, you just are at mercy of very tiny RNG. But sure, throwing temper tantrums and calling people Kimura Fanboys is more reasonable.

aiMute
Mar 22, 2018, 03:47 PM
You do realize that that RDR Boost was on the Premium Drink 1 already right?
The only reason to use Premium 2 before was a sick 15% EXP Boost.
The primary effect is as powerful as on non Premium Large drinks and all of these secondary effects still happen on non-Premium drinks, you just are at mercy of very tiny RNG. But sure, throwing temper tantrums and calling people Kimura Fanboys is more reasonable.
Basically you're saying that because it wasn't much better than cheaper drink it's fine to make it p2w tier? Nice reasoning.

XrosBlader821
Mar 22, 2018, 04:15 PM
Basically you're saying that because it wasn't much better than cheaper drink it's fine to make it p2w tier? Nice reasoning.

Okay? What part of "all of these secondary effects still happen on non-Premium drinks" did you not understand?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 22, 2018, 10:32 PM

It's not really pay to win unless the drinks give massive ATK boosts we don't already have otherwise. Slight RDR boosts aren't winning me the game.

Also, to be fair, SEGA has been shooting their own AC purchase incentives in the foot gradually over years with CFs, purchase pass removals, expert blocks (when it used to mean something way back), esthe taking SG, and likely even more stuff I can't remember.

As long as nothing is breaking the game, I don't mind them expanding premium benefits (which I'm probably going to continue to ignore anyway).

ArcaneTechs
Mar 22, 2018, 10:44 PM
why are Freemium players always acting entitled when they dont support the actual game financially. Premium is there for a reason, you like the game you want to see it keep developing, heres some money to keep it going to make more content and provide more updates meanwhile joe blow over here downloaded the game, just plays it but doesnt give any money or support outside "i just play your game i got for free". No MMO would survive if everything was just flatout free i mean come on man

inb4 mods delete my post cuz too toxic apparently lawl

EDIT: i just remembered something, everytime Premium players get something added on for supporting the game monthly, Freemium players always cry about being screwed out of it or anything they get, why did I forget this

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 22, 2018, 11:05 PM
EDIT: i just remembered something, everytime Premium players get something added on for supporting the game monthly, Freemium players always cry about being screwed out of it or anything they get, why did I forget this

I'm freemium. I support them adding incentives to premium because there is such a lack of incentives to spend AC outside of scratches (which you can still just buy stuff with meseta anyway) that I almost worry for them being so generous.

Almost. I'm sure they still make occasional killings from AC scratch. Probably.

Still a welcome thing to come back to games that feel like you actually own the whole game, and not having sizable chunks of your enjoyment (or even the game's playability) partitioned by paywalls.

PS: Free character slots. That's another AC purchase opportunity SEGA gave away.
Character storage + the aforementioned free character slots easing the need to buy extended storage constantly.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 23, 2018, 01:24 AM
I'm freemium. I support them adding incentives to premium because there is such a lack of incentives to spend AC outside of scratches (which you can still just buy stuff with meseta anyway) that I almost worry for them being so generous.

Still a welcome thing to come back to games that feel like you actually own the whole game, and not having sizable chunks of your enjoyment (or even the game's playability) partitioned by paywalls.

PS: Free character slots. That's another AC purchase opportunity SEGA gave away.
Character storage + the aforementioned free character slots easing the need to buy extended storage constantly.
absolutely agreed with everything you said but despite this, people whine for the sake of whining sadly

aiMute
Mar 23, 2018, 03:45 AM
Okay? What part of "all of these secondary effects still happen on non-Premium drinks" did you not understand?
The fact that I can't get ALL of them at the same time? Couple it with double the boost for secondary effects and suddenly the negligible 5% difference is something bigger.

PSO2 f2p model is great (and still great, even with fucking drink), 3 free character slots so you can have one mag per atk type and other shit that makes player really feel that he's playing free to play game that rather than forcing him to invest makes him want to invest. But now we get much worse FUN scratch (more lazy, less free), more revivals (incentive), more noble/elegant/grace (incentive, a bit p2w), less content (more lazy), more prem boosts (p2w, not really incentive).
With KMR arrival we got QoL shit (which seemed like holdover from previous director), okay, but then we got gutted FUN scratches, less quality and quantity content but more incentives while KMR got many new players with PSO2 release on PS4 and nintendo brick so it makes me wonder if KMR got more bux (and he did) then where's all the stuff players get for "supporting" the game (tho previews look good it doesn't help the game now)? Prem shift to p2w is just another way to make more bux with, what seems like, KMR policy to go maximum cheap and effective manager. And judging by downboats on videos it seems like I'm not the only one view the game this way, though it's partially attributed to lazy Hr shove in and gutting of class/game dynamics.

Post about whining
Stop whining about whining. Also f2p players aren't there in one way relationship where publisher provides them content and they only parasitize, f2p players are the content themselves, or do you think if only whales played their whale game they would spend on it (as much) or even play it?

Vatallus
Mar 23, 2018, 04:11 AM
"pay2win"

Cool.

DavidAG
Mar 23, 2018, 05:04 AM
Can we break down how much "p2w" there actually is with this change?

Let's say you take a freemium shifta drink and you get large atk boost and pp cost reduction.
Now what would you get with premium shifta drink 2?
You'd get the large atk boost and the pp cost reduction, and on top of that pb gauge speed increase, a slight rdr boost and an exp boost.
Doesn't sound like a huge change.
This happens with pp drink too, you get PA DMG boost and extra 20 pp with freemium drink. With premium, all you're getting on top of freemium drink is a 10℅ pp regen and the rdr and exp boosts.

The only noticeable difference there is between free and premium drinks is the weak point DMG boost given by random drink, and that's been in the game for quite some time now.

Dark Mits
Mar 23, 2018, 06:41 AM
I do not know of any other Freemium game (I haven't played any at least) where purchases done with real money are 99%+ cosmetic, and at the same also tradeable to other players for actual in-game gold that anyone can farm.

Extra exp from AC drink simply reduces time to reach level cap. And it's not like the exp boost is "gamebreaking", when we free players get so many triboosts and exp boosts just playing the game.

Extra rdr could be considered p2w if the chance increase was noticeable. However it does not guarantee a desired drop, nor does it even guarantee a super rare drop either.

The extra performances (PP cost reduction or PB gauge increase etc) are so small that the difference they provide is noticeable only on paper and not in practice. Ask yourself or even those who perform those amazing soloing feats if they did it because of the extra damage perk from AC drink.

XrosBlader821
Mar 23, 2018, 07:16 AM
The fact that I can't get ALL of them at the same time? Couple it with double the boost for secondary effects and suddenly the negligible 5% difference is something bigger.
You only get 2 out of 3 / 4 and the effects aren't doubled, they're only 5% higher. And the only Secondary effects that are stronger on Premium are RDR, EXP, Meseta (which aren't pay to win since they barely matter), PP regen and Weak Point Damage (one of which is exclusive to random Drink, which doesn't have a premium option).
What you're doing is making an elephant out of a fly.

aiMute
Mar 23, 2018, 10:02 AM
Extra exp from AC drink simply reduces time to reach level cap. And it's not like the exp boost is "gamebreaking", when we free players get so many triboosts and exp boosts just playing the game.
PSO2 has great f2p system, but with all that corner-cutting, incentive spamming (revivals and elegant/graces), balance-gutting and content shitting that small shift to p2w is not what I welcome. There has been almost no new stuff that I enjoyed past few months and then I got marketable top weapons (at least those don't require pass, doesn't make them not stupid tho) and now get-prem incentive with p2w flavor, thank you KMR, this is exactly what I wanted!

You only get 2 out of 3 / 4 and the effects aren't doubled, they're only 5% higher. And the only Secondary effects that are stronger on Premium are RDR, EXP, Meseta (which aren't pay to win since they barely matter), PP regen and Weak Point Damage (one of which is exclusive to random Drink, which doesn't have a premium option).
What you're doing is making an elephant out of a fly.
Yea, checked, not doubled, so yea, not that much of p2w, still you get 2 non-randomized/best effects on top of exp and rdr, minus random drink.

DavidAG
Mar 23, 2018, 11:22 AM
You know elegant and grace things are not pay to win right? You can buy them in player market for meseta you make by playing the game.
I admit elegant/grace power prices are kind of insane, but shoot and tech are pretty affordable for the inmense affix they give.