PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody want to relive the glory of EP3 and do a couple of Magatsu rounds?

the_importer_
Mar 29, 2018, 07:37 PM
Trigger quest is over. It took over 20 minutes to get 12 people, less than 3 minutes to beat Magatsu. Seriously, poor Magatsu never made close to the turning point. Guess this is why they don't put this on a schedule anymore, with Lv80 cap, better gear, Lv17 PAs and techs that are being given away for cubes and of course the Hr class, this is no longer a challenge :(

To think we once needed WB in order to do 4 rounds of this :p

ArcaneTechs
Mar 29, 2018, 10:55 PM
sega could easily revamp a lot of these old quests but ehh ya, its a random eq that barely shows up as is

otakun
Mar 30, 2018, 02:42 AM
sega could easily revamp a lot of these old quests but ehh ya, its a random eq that barely shows up as is

"revamp", which by Sega means give it more HP and have it instant kill you ... BUT 14*!!!

Dark Mits
Mar 30, 2018, 03:57 AM
"revamp", which by Sega means give it more HP and have it instant kill you ... BUT 14*!!!If it doesn't have more HP, then it will die in the same time frame.

If it doesn't instantly kill you, then it's like it's not even dealing damage at all since we have amazing tools to avoid damage entirely, or to recuperate back to full hp after a hit, soemtimes without us even needing to do something.

Sega shot themselves in the foot by designing classes to be supermen. And they can't revert that now without causing extreme disappointment from the players who enjoy playing invulnerable cannon builds. You can't create challenge when you already have innate, spammable, no-resource cost 100% damage reduction and 100% status condition prevention. The only challenge left is how to minimize your time avoiding stuff and maximize your time hitting stuff

Loveless62
Mar 30, 2018, 05:23 AM
"revamp", which by Sega means give it more HP and have it instant kill you ... BUT 14*!!!
Well, it sort of worked for Profound Invasion (campaign mode), so maybe it's worth a shot? I wouldn't mind if a Magatsu campaign week shows up in the near future.

What would be better would be a PD V2 style revamp, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

NightlightPro
Mar 30, 2018, 07:18 AM
buffed magatsu with ★14 would be gr8
ultra buffed PD as well

Aexorcet
Mar 30, 2018, 09:00 AM
If it doesn't have more HP, then it will die in the same time frame.

If it doesn't instantly kill you, then it's like it's not even dealing damage at all since we have amazing tools to avoid damage entirely, or to recuperate back to full hp after a hit, soemtimes without us even needing to do something.

Sega shot themselves in the foot by designing classes to be supermen. And they can't revert that now without causing extreme disappointment from the players who enjoy playing invulnerable cannon builds. You can't create challenge when you already have innate, spammable, no-resource cost 100% damage reduction and 100% status condition prevention. The only challenge left is how to minimize your time avoiding stuff and maximize your time hitting stuff

Yeah, PSO2 got to where it is now from very poor planning. I'd like to see a lot of changes, but those changes would be very unpopular for those people who think PSO2 is at its best now. Something that Sega could try is special conditions for specific quests rather than make blanket changes. Things like the Odin LQ HP recovery reduction. Or new status effects on player that remove and degrade some of our overpowered abilities.

Dark Mits
Mar 30, 2018, 09:11 AM
Here's one I just thought based on Loser's Time Stop blades: Have a field that persists for a long duration (ie. over 5 seconds) and have a very wide radius, so no amount of i-frames can prevent any negative effect or damage from it. The field doesn't need to instakill you, it could very well be a small damage field, or a Jellen applier. But it would actually create challenge in the sense that the player would have to use lots of evasive manuevers to get out of the field's radius, and then have to recuperate from any damage/effect applies from it.

FantasyHeaven
Mar 30, 2018, 10:09 AM
Pso2 really is just bandaids on top of bandaids. Starting with bouncer all they've been concentrating on is adding different ways to move around instead of gameplay/character customization (outside visuals). Boots/DS, AIS, roids, PAs like all the katana PAs/that gunner PA etc, sonic circles, rings (most of these are actually good but should not be in the form of rings), dark blast and finally supermen. I guess they're trying to divert our attention from the state of the actual game which is unfixable. Bosses like magatsu might've worked a couple years ago but in this environment they're a complete joke.
They really should've started on PSO3 when they realized how popular this was getting.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 30, 2018, 11:54 AM
i was referring to fighting like 4 of these at once, all walking toward the center of town or something, if they all get there they create a massive explosion or something and it becomes an insant fail. iunno just bored but its an idea

however ya, ill take the add 14*s and higher hp route too lol but not really its lazy

D-Inferno
Mar 30, 2018, 07:01 PM
Magatsu was the worst part about Ep3; the whole fiasco with it is why everything has run limits now.

I do think an "Omega Magatsu" will likely happen given that it and the Kuronites (forget the exact name) were eaten by Double. I expect such an EQ to play differently though. I also suspect a Magatsu Dark Blast blast could possibly happen in place of a Dourumble one (the "Double" gimmick would be weird; even if it uses the fused form as the basis), although that's just an unlikely prediction.

Kintama
Mar 30, 2018, 07:22 PM
Magatsu was the worst part about Ep3; the whole fiasco with it is why everything has run limits now.

I do think an "Omega Magatsu" will likely happen given that it and the Kuronites (forget the exact name) were eaten by Double. I expect such an EQ to play differently though. I also suspect a Magatsu Dark Blast blast could possibly happen in place of a Dourumble one (the "Double" gimmick would be weird; even if it uses the fused form as the basis), although that's just an unlikely prediction.

Divide droprates by 3, rework the boss into a proper UQ version of itself, the quest itself is fixed, although nobody plays it too busy bitching about stupid cubes.