PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Black Panther edition

Arada
Mar 31, 2018, 12:40 PM
Whoevewe decided on this as Apwiws Foow's deserwes an awawd.

[spoiler-box]https://s14.postimg.org/f1eexu673/pso20180331_193840_000.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Flaoc
Mar 31, 2018, 12:42 PM
or deserves to have their tongues ripped out and eyes gouged

Sirius-91
Mar 31, 2018, 12:42 PM
You're welcome.
Based off this https://honk.moe/tools/owo.html

Altiea
Mar 31, 2018, 01:18 PM
Happy April Fools! OwO

Dark Mits
Mar 31, 2018, 01:40 PM
Awww, it has been taken down :(

ShaadeSilentpaw
Mar 31, 2018, 01:46 PM
Best thing evaw! OwO <3

Awso, I imagine this is pwetty much how Nyau wouwd tawk~

Azure Falcon
Mar 31, 2018, 02:44 PM
Yeah, real funny, I'm now having to go through and delete all traces of the patch along with resetting all files back to default because the translation has entirely stopped working.

XrosBlader821
Mar 31, 2018, 04:17 PM
Life hack: start the game before April 1st and avoid the joke

Silent_Flower
Mar 31, 2018, 04:48 PM
How do I revert it? Seriously. It was funny but now it actually quiet annoying.

Edit: Reinstall the patch and the joke is gone.

NightlightPro
Mar 31, 2018, 05:31 PM
I didn't even install the patch coz i knew that it was a troll

StreetFighter2242
Mar 31, 2018, 09:42 PM
That's kind of crappy for someone to do that.

StreetFighter2242
Mar 31, 2018, 09:43 PM
Creppy but okay.

wefwq
Mar 31, 2018, 11:31 PM
I thought the joke for this year would be the one that can get everyone banned.
Was disappointed got the autisma speak instead.

Tymek
Apr 1, 2018, 08:06 AM
or deserves to have their tongues ripped out and eyes gouged

finally, some real common sense

Flatflyer
Apr 1, 2018, 01:47 PM
bit dissapointed nobody here could take a silly joke translation for one day but whatever.

Zulastar
Apr 1, 2018, 04:29 PM
That silly joke wasted Player's Shop search. They really committed a fact and remove it 'cause of that.

Sirius-91
Apr 1, 2018, 10:36 PM
That silly joke wasted Player's Shop search. They really committed a fact and remove it 'cause of that.
Get over it.

Dugs
Apr 2, 2018, 03:28 AM
People don't like what the patch did, get over it.

Kintama
Apr 2, 2018, 04:42 AM

Waaaa Waaaaa muh items.

Seriously.

Vatallus
Apr 2, 2018, 06:23 AM
Best part is that Force is named Wizard.

Azure Falcon
Apr 2, 2018, 08:00 AM
Get over it.

Or, considering you appear to be part of the Arks Layer team, you could act slightly professional by listening to the feedback from users and learning from it.

1: It broke the affix search for everyone, hampering basic functionality. That's a no no.

2: For me at least, it broke the patch entirely and required removing all traces of the Tweaker, patches and modified files along with running multiple file checks, reverting the game back to basics via the official launcher and multiple reboots to finally fix. A net waste of almost 2 hours on my part.

3: The point of an April Fools joke is to lure someone with legitimate sounding information and then playing a harmless joke on them to make them look like a fool for believing it. This "joke" fails to qualify as such, text was turned into unintelligible gibberish by an online converter and the net result was an inconvenience (much like the PSO2 Reddit's stupid idea of a gag) that didn't fool anyone.

Here's a free idea/example for a proper April Fools joke, make an "exciting news" post on the Tweaker news feed about how Sega America is now working in co-operation with Arks Layer on the translation, and as such some minor adjustments have been made to accommodate. Then subtly go and change certain bits of text to the bad SEA translation (Wizard, Health Drink, EQ names etc.), official Engrish translations and contentious words like Wopal/Vopal/Vorpar/Wopar.

Silent_Flower
Apr 2, 2018, 08:40 AM
I think they put the joke in without testing if it would break anything. It like Gmail's replace send and achieve joke. They thought it would be funny without considering the possible side effects.

Sirius-91
Apr 2, 2018, 09:38 AM
Or, considering you appear to be part of the Arks Layer team, you could act slightly professional by listening to the feedback from users and learning from it.

1: It broke the affix search for everyone, hampering basic functionality. That's a no no.

2: For me at least, it broke the patch entirely and required removing all traces of the Tweaker, patches and modified files along with running multiple file checks, reverting the game back to basics via the official launcher and multiple reboots to finally fix. A net waste of almost 2 hours on my part.

3: The point of an April Fools joke is to lure someone with legitimate sounding information and then playing a harmless joke on them to make them look like a fool for believing it. This "joke" fails to qualify as such, text was turned into unintelligible gibberish by an online converter and the net result was an inconvenience (much like the PSO2 Reddit's stupid idea of a gag) that didn't fool anyone.

Here's a free idea/example for a proper April Fools joke, make an "exciting news" post on the Tweaker news feed about how Sega America is now working in co-operation with Arks Layer on the translation, and as such some minor adjustments have been made to accommodate. Then subtly go and change certain bits of text to the bad SEA translation (Wizard, Health Drink, EQ names etc.), official Engrish translations and contentious words like Wopal/Vopal/Vorpar/Wopar.
Professionalism is overrated.

We change a few things here and there, then decide to be silly. Of course, it just blows up on us because people feel entitled to a free translation patch. Shop searching is free, it's not going to kill you for a single day.

Honestly, the sense of entitlement here is strong, but I understand, we'll do it again next year. Because it's clear that people don't understand the concept of fun anymore.

XrosBlader821
Apr 2, 2018, 10:10 AM
Because it's clear that people don't understand the concept of fun anymore.

It was funny for like 5 seconds when I saw the screenshots of other people. What it the point of making it stay there for a whole day. Jokes can overstay it's welcome to the point of not being funny anymore.

Dugs
Apr 2, 2018, 10:15 AM

As is responding to the part where the entire patch broke for that person?

Sirius-91
Apr 2, 2018, 10:24 AM
As is responding to the part where the entire patch broke for that person?
Yes...

Azure Falcon
Apr 2, 2018, 10:30 AM

We change a few things here and there, then decide to be silly. Of course, it just blows up on us because people feel entitled to a free translation patch. Shop searching is free, it's not going to kill you for a single day.

Honestly, the sense of entitlement here is strong, but I understand, we'll do it again next year. Because it's clear that people don't understand the concept of fun anymore.

Are we really using the "entitlement" card to deflect unrelated criticism?

Nobody here is complaining about the work the team does on the translation, the Tweaker, the proxy or any other services throughout the year, the complaints are about the negative side effects of this "prank". Are comments like "rip their tongues out" justified? Absolutely not, they're rude, childish and the Arks Layer team don't deserve them, but being rude back to people and then choosing to double down and say "we'll intentionally break things again next year because you criticised us" is just a bit pathetic.

"We didn't realise it would have those side effects, we'll be more careful next year" was pretty much the only response needed.

Dugs
Apr 2, 2018, 10:42 AM
Yes...

Okay, you do know that you are not above criticism, right? I don't know what you do for this project, but the work IS appreciated, but these kind of responses really make people question the entire team. Like, is this what happens when someone sends in a bug report?

Sirius-91
Apr 2, 2018, 11:36 AM
Okay, you do know that you are not above criticism, right? I don't know what you do for this project, but the work IS appreciated, but these kind of responses really make people question the entire team.
Never said anything about being above critique.

Like, is this what happens when someone sends in a bug report?
We tell them thanks and work on the bug ASAP.

However, we often do pranks like these every year, and sure this one was cranked up to 11, but out of the few people who disliked it, plenty of people enjoyed it.

Are we really using the "entitlement" card to deflect unrelated criticism?
Stating what it is, whether you agree with me or not is irrelevant.

... being rude back to people and then choosing to double down and say "we'll intentionally break things again next year because you criticised us" is just a bit pathetic.

"We didn't realise it would have those side effects, we'll be more careful next year" was pretty much the only response needed.
More the reason to continue what we do. We're volunteers, not obligated to hold a degree of professionalism. People are free to hate us for what we do and the shit we pull, doesn't really bother us as it did before.
We take your criticism, love, compliments etc and we go from there. It dictates what we do. And on the eve before the first of april in japan, we decided to do a prank relating to the patch. If you had issues relating to the patch before, it could have likely been something on your end, or it could be due to cloudflare decided to shit itself right around the time we decided to go at it.

Again, your complaints have been received and we're telling you to "get over it".

Tunga
Apr 2, 2018, 11:48 AM
this one was cranked up to 11

Come on now man, no need to go that far.

XrosBlader821
Apr 2, 2018, 01:07 PM
Stating what it is, whether you agree with me or not is irrelevant.
Criticism has nothing to do with entitlement.

Gaylar
Apr 2, 2018, 01:33 PM
Well this blew up into a shitshow :wacko:

I ended up removing it for the day after the novelty wore off but I still thought it was funny. Force being called Wizard for the day really triggered a friend of mine which was hilarious to see. Everything else that happened just seems like an oversight.

I can see why people would be angry, but it really wasn't much of a pain to just go back to JP text for a day, considering that's likely what we'd be stuck with if the translators ever decided to just pull the plug. To each their own though, I guess.