PDA

View Full Version : PC 14* Drop rate

DayoDee
Apr 3, 2018, 10:22 AM
Can anyone answer this how come you can have every boost on and don't get a single drop.Reason i am asking is because i see everybody with a 14* and i have done over 100 something triggers and boosted myself to every high boost and didnt get nothing

wssh
Apr 3, 2018, 10:27 AM
Sega rng hehe xd

GHNeko
Apr 3, 2018, 10:30 AM
Can anyone answer this how come you can have every boost on and don't get a single drop.Reason i am asking is because i see everybody with a 14* and i have done over 100 something triggers and boosted myself to every high boost and didnt get nothing

Not sure if its true, but I hear constantly how 14* Drops are unaffected by boosts.

I don't think i've seen or heard any confirmation of such a thing though.

DayoDee
Apr 3, 2018, 10:35 AM
So we just have to believe in the RNG God basically

Zulastar
Apr 3, 2018, 10:35 AM
I got all my 14* with only 250 RDR on so...

Saffran
Apr 3, 2018, 10:45 AM
As much as I hate to say it, chances are you're still not reaching the numbers.
I also use every boost I can and I have the impression I'm running those quests all the time, but the truth is I'm not. Not as much as other people I see.
The grinding and affixing is the same problem. I have failed every single attempt at creating Ether Soul and Ether Catalyst. And I've used every trick in thebook. But I have only attempted this about 20 times. Some of my teammates needed several hundred tries to create them. Maybe if I tried 200 times, I would succeed too?

I think this is the same for you. 100 triggers are a lot IMO, but maybe it's just not enough for those weapons. I think you must have gotten a fair share of stuff over these, just not the 14 stars you were hoping for.

final_attack
Apr 3, 2018, 10:49 AM

Er .... did you meant those ☆14..... with "Atra" name on it?

and, rng is rng :wacko: Be it 99% or 95%, if rng says no, then no, not a single drop will be given :wacko:

DayoDee
Apr 3, 2018, 10:56 AM
Have had 300% rdr and that didn’t even work even had 150% tri boost with it and still didn’t get nothing all I wanted was a spread needle because I only play ra/hu and can’t even get a drop my boy wanted the Lavis Cannon and has been begging for it and got it

Silent_Flower
Apr 3, 2018, 10:59 AM
I only had +300% plus drink when I got Akatsuki from unboosted Yamato a few days ago. It will rot in my storage since I don't play Hu.

DayoDee
Apr 3, 2018, 11:04 AM
You can use it on your hero class

Anduril
Apr 3, 2018, 11:13 AM
You can use it on your hero class

Akatsuki is not that great on Hero since it only gets a damage boost when unsealed via a Just Guard, which a Hero cannot do; it does have high S-ATK, but if you have an Atra Sword, or even just a well affixed Nemesis, Slave, or Qliphad, it isn't worth using on a Hero.

Tunga
Apr 3, 2018, 12:03 PM
Have had 300% rdr and that didn’t even work even had 150% tri boost with it and still didn’t get nothing all I wanted was a spread needle because I only play ra/hu and can’t even get a drop my boy wanted the Lavis Cannon and has been begging for it and got it

You can get it via crests.

Silent_Flower
Apr 3, 2018, 12:04 PM
^ When swapping my Qliphad to Akatsuki, I only gained about 38 ATK. Even if I affix with 230 ATK, I lose out on about 400 ATK base in my total ATK.

SteveCZ
Apr 3, 2018, 12:05 PM
0.1 * 1.25 = 0.25 = 25% : From 10%, to 25% chance.
0.000001 * 1.25 = 0.0000025 = 0.00025% : From 0 chance, to 0 chance.

So, yeah.

the_importer_
Apr 3, 2018, 12:34 PM
Dude, during both Mother Boosted campaigns, I had:

-300% Drop Boost
-125% Triboost
-50% Daily Triboost
-50% Premium Triboost (2nd campaign)
-40% Party Triboost
-10% Drop Boost from Placebo Stick
-20k Premium Drink

And the best I ever got was 13★ weapons and 12★ units. So ya, fuck RNG, I'll wait for Austere NT.

HardBoiledPapa
Apr 3, 2018, 01:11 PM
0.1 * 1.25 = 0.25 = 25% : From 10%, to 25% chance.
0.000001 * 1.25 = 0.0000025 = 0.00025% : From 0 chance, to 0 chance.

So, yeah.

Technically 0.0025% is not 0. While it may look like impossible there's still a chance that it may come up with that abysmal chance contrary to 0 which is impossible to even happen in the first place. Remember a chance of a rappy dropping an elder pain omega is not the same as omega hunar dropping the same weapon just because the rate is abysmal. One is 0 while the other is higher than 0.

Suirano
Apr 3, 2018, 01:30 PM
RNG is bullshit anyway. I got a 14* TMG with only a 250% on but I was after the Hang Bode with all the RDRs up and never got it. Been after that thing since it came out and never got one but I am sitting on 8 Weila Bodes and that TMG.

Golgotha
Apr 3, 2018, 01:33 PM

If we assume that there was like one 14s weapon a week dropping before the boost, then the chance to get it would be 1 / (playercount * number of eqs through the week * triggers run). Thats pretty hecking low man, I dont think multiplying that value by 5 or 6 would help you much.

They boosted 14s rates by 2000%, still quite a few zeroes after decimal, but maybe on par with ep3 13s or ep1 10s. Nothing extremely new.

tl;dr I assume everyone runs 250+50+125 rdr at all times, thats like the default rate by now anyone can get in solo, and since weekly 14s numbers are barely reaching old 13star rates, adding 50% on top won't even start turning the currents. You can accept your fate and wait until pregrinded 14s will be handed out by Leontina for finishing the bingo.

Masu
Apr 3, 2018, 01:41 PM
My 3 14* drops were aquired with minimal boosts. Heck I've farmed ultimate ambdusia and dared using some tri boosts (50/100/125) and got nothing worth. Even 10* drop rate felt lower than if I used only rdb. Only difference was increased ares stones... Was burning a tri125 which effect stoped. The following run I got 2 13* drops (nemesis shooter and slave shoes)

SteveCZ
Apr 3, 2018, 01:42 PM
Technically 0.0025% is not 0. While it may look like impossible there's still a chance that it may come up with that abysmal chance contrary to 0 which is impossible to even happen in the first place. Remember a chance of a rappy dropping an elder pain omega is not the same as omega hunar dropping the same weapon just because the rate is abysmal. One is 0 while the other is higher than 0.

I'm pretty sure I know 0.00025% is definitely not 0, considering the 0.000001 is not even the valid chance the 14* drop rate. Sorry for the bad hyperbolic joke, it isn't meant to be taken very seriously.

What I'm saying is putting a 250% over a very rare item means almost nothing, so don't expect much from it. While of course, technically, it gives a (super freaking tiny) higher chance, for those with high hopes.

Realistically we're talking about a drop chance made for a single player compare to a drop chance that is meant for the entire PSO2 players.

Dragwind
Apr 3, 2018, 02:51 PM
My guess is that drop rates on certain items (that Sega wants to remain rare) are affected by hidden algorithms that they would never reveal. I've also had some wonky experiences on drop rates using near maxed possible RDR boosts (900%+), running for 6 hours straight with said boosts, and getting only 3 13*s. Then other times I've ran with minimal RDR on and would get multiple 13*s in a short time span.

Even recently I got a Slave Calibur NT with no rdr on using an alt.

I'm not sure where I stand with 14* drops. I try to collect my own data on parameters used by others when a 14* drops, but I can't find any connections aside from using team tree RDR boost. It seems to be common among those I've asked who've had a 14* drop, including myself.

I have my own theories/conspiracies on how it all works.

One of them is time period- Sometimes 14*s seem to drop in clusters at a certain time in the day to a few people from my observations.

Another is temporary drop ID assignment after every maintenance. My idea is that our "ID" changes after every maint. and every ID has certain characteristics to it (such as high chance of 12* arm unit drops, but very low drop chance for other units).

I have absolutely no way to prove any of this, especially if certain values are changed daily/weekly. I hope I humored some of you with these whacky ideas of mine. :wacko:

the_importer_
Apr 3, 2018, 03:09 PM
My guess is that drop rates on certain items (that Sega wants to remain rare) are affected by hidden algorithms that they would never reveal. I've also had some wonky experiences on drop rates using near maxed possible RDR boosts (900%+), running for 6 hours straight with said boosts, and getting only 3 13*s. Then other times I've ran with minimal RDR on and would get multiple 13*s in a short time span.

Even recently I got a Slave Calibur NT with no rdr on using an alt.

I'm not sure where I stand with 14* drops. I try to collect my own data on parameters used by others when a 14* drops, but I can't find any connections aside from using team tree RDR boost. It seems to be common among those I've asked who've had a 14* drop, including myself.

I have my own theories/conspiracies on how it all works.

One of them is time period- Sometimes 14*s seem to drop in clusters at a certain time in the day to a few people from my observations.

Another is temporary drop ID assignment after every maintenance. My idea is that our "ID" changes after every maint. and every ID has certain characteristics to it (such as high chance of 12* arm unit drops, but very low drop chance for other units).

I have absolutely no way to prove any of this, especially if certain values are changed daily/weekly. I hope I humored some of you with these whacky ideas of mine. :wacko:

If short, drop rates are just like slot machines, you just got to be there at the right time and all of the drop boost items that you use are just the equivalent of wearing a horseshoe, 4 leaf clover and lucky rabbit's foot?

bhaal
Apr 3, 2018, 03:53 PM
Read this (https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/86l9eq/feeling_a_bit_burned_out/)

ZER0 DX
Apr 3, 2018, 04:02 PM
Wouldn't surprise me at all if there was a hidden weekly "luck" system like PSU had combined with a time of day thing. It's the only explanation I have for getting two 14* drops in the span of 6 hours two weeks ago. My only dumb theory to tack on is that the team tree boost is more of a hindrance when the boost amount isn't capped. My tree was at 9% until just yesterday (finally) and all 3 of my 14* were obtained without that boost active. Now that it's at 10% maybe that might change... or it's just RNG trolling like usual.

Electrochemist
Apr 3, 2018, 04:30 PM
My motto is:

If I get one, I get one.
If I don't, I don't.
If I get a 14* for the class I'm currently playing, awesome, I'll be a bit stronger.
If I get a 14* for the class I'm not currently playing, awesome, I'll go play that class.

Play the game for fun, don't make it an extension of your work or studies, because then what's the fucking point?

Zorak000
Apr 3, 2018, 04:33 PM
my money's on them using your player ID number as some part of an arbitrary formula while rolling the RNG

the rest of my :tinfoil: theory is that it also uses an invisible quest/difficulty ID number, and a random number assigned to the block you are on every maintenance; probably more things just to make more stars to align, and do align for some people heh.

no way to really know for sure. maybe hidden section IDs for all we know hahaha.

anyway when you measure odds based on result data, you effectively need the entirety of the data of the results of every roll; so yeah in the grand scheme of things, there might not even be anything going on, and the law of averages simply leaves some people in the dust

KlTSUNE
Apr 3, 2018, 04:59 PM
Desire factor... found all of mine with a 250 + Tri...

catwat
Apr 3, 2018, 05:09 PM
I really hope there are no hidden mechanics like that haha. Kinda makes me feel i wasted a ton of time grinding when in reality i had no chance at all.

And for the drop rates. Today i was grinding ult for 6 hours and got not a single 13* drop. Took 2 hours off and after i got back to it i found 2 slave and 1 nemesis NT in 30 minutes. I think with items so rare you cant really have any statistically expectation. Like "in 6 hours i should at least get 1 drop" or "I did a thousand runs and by now i should have a 14* drop", stuff like that. I'm also still looking for a 14* drop >_<

KlTSUNE
Apr 3, 2018, 05:14 PM
Ultimate has a way lower chance to drop 14* than EQs.

You basically need to mindlessly grind it forever (even then youre probs not getting anything lol)

I really wouldn't run ultimate unless you need anything besides a 14* imo... unless ofc you're running for fun.

NightlightPro
Apr 3, 2018, 05:40 PM
doesn't matter how much RDR boost you use.
Rare boost is all fake to me.

also triboost will just lower the chance to drop 13/14* as I get more 13*s when i'm only using 250% RDR

Moffen
Apr 3, 2018, 06:42 PM
ITT: Placebo and unproven claims

ohpz
Apr 3, 2018, 07:05 PM
My first ★14 dropped with a 250% RDR + 50% daily triboost. My 2nd ★14 dropped with just the 50% daily triboost and 40% party triboost (joined a premade last second, realized my 250% RDR had 3 minutes left on it, went back to campship - 0 in storage). I usually run with just 250% + 50% daily + party tri if I or someone else drops a party maker.

Main class boost doesn't work for ★14s which leaves you at the mercy of RNG if you're trying to get a specific weapon. Additionally, like GHNeko said, I've also heard that RDR doesn't affect ★14 drop rates but haven't seen confirmation of this.

All I know is that these are the EQs / triggers to run currently if you are after ★14 weapon drops...
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/ZACcZ0z.png (https://imgur.com/ZACcZ0z)[/spoiler-box]

ArcaneTechs
Apr 4, 2018, 01:51 AM
i cant get 13*s dropped off dragon yet he rains 14*s like crazy for everyone else, its still the one EQ im considering dropping and sticking to Yamato since that seems to be the only 14* drop ill ever get from

Dark Mits
Apr 4, 2018, 02:05 AM
Can I put my tinfoil hat on and claim that ID tagging is real and that my ID has been tagged for 0 drops of anything above 11* except 1 Nox every 2 weeks? Exaggeration but you get my point.

RNG is rng. You guys know that. Don't try to find a pattern or logic behind some algorithm. Sega could code 50% drop rate for a rare item from a certain EQ, and even after 100 runs, there could STILL be a person who had not seen a single rare drop, because that's how RNG works. They can code chance at 0,001% and someone could get 2 from 1 run again.

SteveCZ
Apr 4, 2018, 02:12 AM
Can I put my tinfoil hat on and claim that ID tagging is real and that my ID has been tagged for 0 drops of anything above 11* except 1 Nox every 2 weeks? Exaggeration but you get my point.

RNG is rng. You guys know that. Don't try to find a pattern or logic behind some algorithm. Sega could code 50% drop rate for a rare item from a certain EQ, and even after 100 runs, there could STILL be a person who had not seen a single rare drop, because that's how RNG works. They can code chance at 0,001% and someone could get 2 from 1 run again.

Could be. No one still know for sure. I've seen a discussion about it, trying to prove the possible ID tagging but there's still not enough data (and a few inconsistencies that breaks such theory) to ensure that it is. But of course that doesn't mean it's wrong, nor it is right either, yet.

Electrochemist
Apr 4, 2018, 02:50 AM
Could be. No one still know for sure. I've seen a discussion about it, trying to prove the possible ID tagging but there's still not enough data (and a few inconsistencies that breaks such theory) to ensure that it is. But of course that doesn't mean it's wrong, nor it is right either, yet.

Honestly I miss the whole ID system, you'd make a Purplenum just for Psychowand if I'm correct.

It would give us more reason to have more than one character (other than TAs, more bank-space stuff, which yes, is reason enough on it's own).
Idk I just think it would be interesting.

wefwq
Apr 4, 2018, 11:56 AM
Dudu & Monica taught me to not believe in anything that is not 100%.

Zorak000
Apr 4, 2018, 12:03 PM
at the end of the day, RDR effects how many cube-able items drop for me, and my collection file progress, so I might as well keep them going

Golgotha
Apr 4, 2018, 03:05 PM
I honestly don't know why people keep walking in circles around the topic, if all drop records are transparent enough to see the odds.
Like, man, servers aren't dead enough to invigorate you with hope from those 40 quelle drops.

Hysteria1987
Apr 8, 2018, 04:34 AM
Honestly I miss the whole ID system, you'd make a Purplenum just for Psychowand if I'm correct.

It would give us more reason to have more than one character (other than TAs, more bank-space stuff, which yes, is reason enough on it's own).
Idk I just think it would be interesting.I'd seriously love that, though the power creep with affixes etc would also make it hard to stay on top.

No 14* here either, but then for my class what's out there isn't great, so I'm not all that bothered. I'd like a Rykros Staff for memeing though. I'd even go out of my way to use it, just to disappoint everyone around me.

I too have heard it suggested (without evidence of course, just suspicion) that 14*s are independent of RDR, and everyone's anecdotes of finding things with just a 250% etc etc. If that is true, I doubt SEGA would ever mention it though - can you imagine the community outcry? People would come out of the woodwork typing in fullcaps about how much AC they threw at 300%s.

Zephyrion
Apr 8, 2018, 04:57 AM
I'd seriously love that, though the power creep with affixes etc would also make it hard to stay on top.

No 14* here either, but then for my class what's out there isn't great, so I'm not all that bothered. I'd like a Rykros Staff for memeing though. I'd even go out of my way to use it, just to disappoint everyone around me.

I too have heard it suggested (without evidence of course, just suspicion) that 14*s are independent of RDR, and everyone's anecdotes of finding things with just a 250% etc etc. If that is true, I doubt SEGA would ever mention it though - can you imagine the community outcry? People would come out of the woodwork typing in fullcaps about how much AC they threw at 300%s.

Huuuh...no. It's just people not understanding how RDR works.
Basically RDR is just a multiplier. And as such the net gain there is from having it diminishes the lower the odds of getting something. It isn't helped at all by the drop hierarchy set in place.

Say you stack *5 rare drop multiplier going fullblown and stuff : the *14 at 0.1% chances of dropping will only be pushed to 0.5%, in other words abysmal is just slightly less abysmal. Plus higher rarities are always checked first on rolls, meaning for each EQ, the game will roll the *14 items first, and if (when) you don't get it, it's done for said EQ run, the game will then roll the lower rarity weapons, misc items and finally units. People are just used to RDR having a huge impact because cubing fodder, and even *13 to some extent, have high base rate so the RDR siginificantly increases your chances of getting one, or in case of cube fodders, how many you will successfully roll. As for the higher number of items, it only applies to area drops, which is probably why SEGA kept horribly low *14 rates on stuff like LQ and UQ : even the slightest overshoot could result in a rain of *14 in this case, whereas it's easier to control in raid EQs since *14 are tied to the boss drop rate pool. Those aren't influenced by the item multiplicating effect of RDR.

tl;dr RNG works as intended

Zulastar
Apr 8, 2018, 06:30 AM
Let's make it simple: we have 15 slot drop from a boss crystal without any boosts. These slots roll for a drop item and you see a result laying on the ground after crystal break.
I dunno how RDR influences to this roll but it visually increases number of these slots in drop. And with 300% RDR we got our 15 slots to 45.

Zephyrion
Apr 8, 2018, 08:03 AM
Let's make it simple: we have 15 slot drop from a boss crystal without any boosts. These slots roll for a drop item and you see a result laying on the ground after crystal break.
I dunno how RDR influences to this roll but it visually increases number of these slots in drop. And with 300% RDR we got our 15 slots to 45.

Basically the hierarchy goes like this
*14 up to *10 > common items > common weapons > common units > mesetas > nothing
RDR only gives you more drops because it minimizes the chances of hitting nothing since you'll fill up those slots with all the things coming before. however the rate of each item will only be multiplied by the value of your RDR, so that if you stack 300% RDR, it will be a flat *4 increase and nothing more

Zorak000
Apr 8, 2018, 12:34 PM
that and the game rolls on rares for each "level range" in the drop table; those level ranges are in ranges of 5, from 1-5 and 6-10 and so on. Also, you only roll on items in the top few tables, so lower-grade rares can be pushed out if they don't include them on higher-level tables.

you roll on the stuff in the 76-80 table first, then 71-75, and maybe a few more down; and within each table is where they seem to do the rarity hierarchy thing. There's also the Main Class Equipable bonus, which rolls for designated Main Class Equipable items before anything else in that drop table, then rolls for them again in their normal location in the hierarchy should you fail rolling everything else that's normally before it. 14* weapons have been confirmed by the dev team to not get the main class bonus, as I take it they don't want to influence MPA composition that way.

Items on multiple drop range tables often have much worse odds in the lower level tables; for instance, when the Gal Gryphon limited quest started, the level 75 Anga was found to drop Ares weapons far less than the level 80 Angas in ultimate quests. which is kind of astounding considering how much trouble anga hunting gave people back in the early-ish days of Ultimate.

Sometimes a 13* weapon series might not benefit from main class bonus; but you can spot places where the Main Class Bonus applies to what gear pretty easily, simply by checking the item record and seeing if all three Hero weapons are at or near the top of the list. Talis could throw things off a little since those would drop for any Forces or Techers, which are on the rise again now that people are getting their hands on EPDs and Atra rods, the changes to compound tech cooldowns, and seeing how big of a help Techer buffs can be in Atrum and the new Extreme Quest.

it seems to me like sub-13* gear in recent content do not benefit from main-class bonus either, so I don't think there is any real risk of pushing your RDR too high and forcing sub 13* items to drop before even getting a chance to roll on 14* gear at least. At most, you might push it too high and remove the chance to roll on the 71-75 table, but I assume that table's rates for 14*s should be similar to the 14* drop rate from elder, loser, apprentice, and mining base final crystals.

There's also the discourse over 14* weapons not using the main class bonus too, as it seems that it's been pretty rare for people to get a 14* drop for the class they prefer to main; but that's a whole 'nother problem that would at best be solved by just replacing the 14* drops with like a ticket or something that lets you pick what you want. but even with them adding the Champions Crest thing and heck even the Chronos stone drops from atrum, I doubt they will ever actually realize this idea.

Digital Doom
Apr 9, 2018, 09:27 AM
14* Drop Rates - I’ve had very good luck because I have gotten some 14* with no boost at all , or just a 250. This is in past 2 months - 41586 I am not doing anything special. Rng just has been nice , duno. Also the spread needle I got in the LQ trigger , the forest one. We failed the joker because I had to afk and was a party of 3/4. I had hardly any boost for a Forest trigger failed joker run, and got the needle. Not sure what that means , but I feel your rdr isn’t too crazy important for a good shot at a 14. Like in my case - 4 14* drops in 2 months - epd. Needle. Boots. Big blue Lego sword , not including atra tmg and 400/500 crests.

Zulastar
Apr 9, 2018, 09:58 AM
14* Drop Rates - I’ve had very good luck because I have gotten some 14* with no boost at all , or just a 250. This is in past 2 months - 41586 I am not doing anything special. Rng just has been nice , duno. Also the spread needle I got in the LQ trigger , the forest one. We failed the joker because I had to afk and was a party of 3/4. I had hardly any boost for a Forest trigger failed joker run, and got the needle. Not sure what that means , but I feel your rdr isn’t too crazy important for a good shot at a 14. Like in my case - 4 14* drops in 2 months - epd. Needle. Boots. Big blue Lego sword , not including atra tmg and 400/500 crests.

Same here 4 drops: Quelle Scarlett, Jupiter Tullus and 2 Dual Birds (sic!). And all drops without any triboosts on with only 250 RDR.

Quelle Scarlett I got from common scheduled Deus run. I stop to use an extra boosts for them a long time ago.

1st Dual Bird I got from Atrum in rematch. Fight took about 20 mins and my common boosts already ended. I had 100% triboost in my inventory and used it right before Atrum's death without any illusions about future drop.
And was pleasantly surprised after 'cause it's only this one 14* came unidentified.

Jupiter Tullus was from Yamato's rematch. Same with 1st Dual Bird - lame partymates made a fight into disaster. But drop changed my mood to an opposite.

And 2nd Dual Bird was really unexpected. Common 12 ppl dragon with common 250 RDR only.

Flatflyer
Apr 10, 2018, 03:28 AM
so from what I 'm gathering from this, there is no magic RDR number to stay at, even though I swear it was raining 13*s for me when I had some dumb amount of RDR going a few times (like just RDR booster and half my daily boost)

I'm kinda curious if assuming 14*s have a base 0.1% drop rate (probably much lower), then stacking RDR+triboost 125+daily boost+party bonus+premium Drink and Premium Triboost would result in around a 0.55% chance of rolling one, which I guess a 1/200 chance is much better than a 1/1000 chance.

oratank
Apr 10, 2018, 04:38 AM
got 3 in 30 days and saw another 3 drop for party member
14* drop rate feel like better than abysmal rate now hope you get some soon