PDA

View Full Version : April 7th Announcements

Altiea
Apr 7, 2018, 10:57 AM
14* Weapons
-- Yasminkov 9000FJ will have shots with minor homing.
-- Motav Talis will negate the charge time for Support Techs.
-- Next Seasonal (likely Beach Wars) will drop a 14* Bow.
-- No word on 14* Gunslash yet.

ARKS Boost Rally 3
-- You can get Val drops this time. Also, a new SSA will appear in this event.

Boost Campaigns
-- Magatsu and Big Vardha will see a return in the future with Boost Campaigns.

Dragon Trigger
-- It's coming. Soon. Purease be excited.

Roadmap Adjustments

-- Early Summer:
--- New Skills (previously reported Summer update)
--- New Free Field: Enchanted Forest
---- A new Emergency Trial that can restore a charge of Dark Blast.
---- New 14* Upgrade will be added.
--- "Endless"-Type Quest (4-player): How far can you go?

-- Summer:
--- New PA/Techs (previously reported Early Summer update)
--- New 8-player raid boss (previously reported 12 players)
--- 14* Pets should appear around this time.

Dark Mits
Apr 7, 2018, 11:03 AM
Enchanted Forest here appears as "regular" Free Field. In other threads it was mentioned that it would be limited. Any info on which it will be?

Also, the new 8-man raid boss pretty much "betrays" the fact that it will be a Castle.

XrosBlader821
Apr 7, 2018, 11:10 AM
Isn't Beach wars always after Driving rain?
New Skills were previously "Early Summer" not "Summer", What they changed was push Wand Pa and new Compounds further back which annoys me as Te main a lot. I really hoped they'd finally reveal it on the next PSO2 Station. I think in September it's gonna be a full year since their statement that they recognize Te is lagging incredibly behind and needs serious buffs.

kurokyosuke
Apr 7, 2018, 11:39 AM
During the broadcast, Ichitaro mentioned a problem he has with All Skill Tree Reset Passes that I'm sure lots of other people have; having to put skill points back in one by one after an all-reset is a pain in the ass for classes that don't have any changes. The EP5 director took note of it, so they may come up with a way to save a skill layout for each class that you can just load up after resetting skills, akin to saving Character Creation settings.

EDIT: Also, regarding the Endless Quest, it will be "endless", but there will be a time limit. The point is to see how far you can get within that time limit.

EDIT2: During the Q&A, someone asked if there would be any special ability add-on items for S-class abilities. EP5 director mentioned there will be such an item that appears at a certain point in the Endless Quest.

SteveCZ
Apr 7, 2018, 12:15 PM
XQ clear rate is not surprising, but the participation rate is. Will be joining the 70%~ casual players soon, as one of 18%~ players who attempted and failed, adding the casual players from 70% to roughly 88% in total. :lol: \o/

Kintama
Apr 7, 2018, 01:59 PM
I did some calculus on the train today, if i'm right we have a 10.9% clear rate of the solo xq.

I earned the right to rightfully claim I am the 10%

Masu
Apr 7, 2018, 02:09 PM
XQ clear rate is not surprising, but the participation rate is. Will be joining the 70%~ casual players soon, as one of 18%~ players who attempted and failed, adding the casual players from 70% to roughly 88% in total. :lol: \o/

There are 10 worlds beteween this XQ and clear 1-5 of H&H (6-10 was another story)...While I've cleared the latter on my first attempt (when it landed not after the too many power creep we got ;v ) the current one still try to get me mad to the point of throwing my computer by th window <_< It just show one thing to me, Sega have totally lost track of what want its player base expect of them (did they ever knew asside throwing more scratch?) and need a way better team of game designer. Seriously there are a bunch of a re-balance we got which were just a matter of common sense. Like they thrown Hr at us and really thought everyone will be happy with how other class were unable to follow!? A fair amount of those re-balance, I/you did thought about them way longer before they even announce them...and I'm/ you are just player(s), so wtf are they doing btw scratch and emergency/extended maintenance? Just look, we have Dragon eq which is a disaster the way it have been designed. It's the only one where you can actually die and most of the time for unfair reasons (please sega release A PSO2 VR with this single eq available and make a survey to how many of them vomited because of stupid camera, dragon model size which prevent you to see what's going on) and on the other all other eq which we completely cheese trough (lol at "boosted" Mom)
Also it seems a fair amount of players atm are returning players (failed dragon re-match almost every time lately because it seems people were not even knowing what to do with laconium sword and dying a lot as well). How do you think they feel about this xq? To me those numbers is just a way to show that's not what players are expecting from PSO2 (no need to summon the Kazul thing, there is an in between with "casual" and try hards/masochists !!=> :clown: <=!!)

I did some calculus on the train today, if i'm right we have a 10.9% clear rate of the solo xq.

I earned the right to rightfully claim I am the 10%

Gratz and good luck to the 10% to have consistent full party for eqs (at least on ship2 considering how moot it is atm)...well at least you can reinforce each other by multi shiping I guess :oops:

Edit: Also horray for the FF with it seems INCENTIVE to run it.

XrosBlader821
Apr 7, 2018, 03:20 PM
Gratz and good luck to the 10% to have consistent full party for eqs

the 23% who did the XQ in a party still get to hang out with the 10% tho.

Masu
Apr 7, 2018, 03:28 PM
the 23% who did the XQ in a party still get to hang out with the 10% tho.

Indeed...and to me the sole existence of 4p version is how sega confess they're totally aware solo version is kind of bs but they still released it as is...
I've not ran 4p version but can you actually rez other players?

Altiea
Apr 7, 2018, 03:37 PM
Indeed...and to me the sole existence of 4p version is how sega confess they're totally aware solo version is kind of bs but they still released it as is...
I've not ran 4p version but can you actually rez other players?

Yes? Moon Atomizers are still allowed.

Masu
Apr 7, 2018, 04:15 PM
Yes? Moon Atomizers are still allowed.

So why not disallow the use of them for 4p as dolls are not allowed for solo? More challenging and forcing group to care about each other which this game should call moaaaar often about...
Edit: So you need 0 efforts for 4p while for solo... to achieve exact same goal (except Invade NT?)...Isn't there something wrong from a design point of view as technically it's primarily to grant access to xpert?

vantpers
Apr 7, 2018, 04:50 PM
Because we need even less player interactions nowadays, right? There is nothing wrong with design perspective either, a multiplayer game makes things easier if you team up with other players.

Dark Mits
Apr 7, 2018, 04:56 PM
Edit: So you need 0 efforts for 4p while for solo... to achieve exact same goal (except Invade NT?)...Isn't there something wrong from a design point of view as technically it's primarily to grant access to xpert?This depends on one's point of view.

If we're talking about a MULTIplayer game, then maybe requesting solo players to have a lot better reflexes and concentration than party players is valid design, since... well... generally "MULTIplayer" means that the game is design around multiple players, and generally soloing is just allowed but not encouraged. So Solo players wanting to participate in multiplayer environment should have higher than required reflexes/stats/etc..

If we're talking about a SOLOplayer game where multiplayer is simply allowed, then I agree it seems wrong.

Electrochemist
Apr 7, 2018, 05:20 PM
This depends on one's point of view.

If we're talking about a MULTIplayer game, then maybe requesting solo players to have a lot better reflexes and concentration than party players is valid design, since... well... generally "MULTIplayer" means that the game is design around multiple players, and generally soloing is just allowed but not encouraged. So Solo players wanting to participate in multiplayer environment should have higher than required reflexes/stats/etc..

If we're talking about a SOLOplayer game where multiplayer is simply allowed, then I agree it seems wrong.

I was going to write a long post explaining but honestly I couldn't have worded it better.

Dugs
Apr 7, 2018, 06:42 PM
Also, the new 8-man raid boss pretty much "betrays" the fact that it will be a Castle.

To me it says Omega Falz Apprentice. Probably not what people would have expected but there is reason to think that, going by TDs and the fact Buster Quests are a spin on the idea of "tower defense".

Golgotha
Apr 8, 2018, 07:40 AM
So why not disallow the use of them for 4p as dolls are not allowed for solo? More challenging and forcing group to care about each other which this game should call moaaaar often about...
Edit: So you need 0 efforts for 4p while for solo... to achieve exact same goal (except Invade NT?)...Isn't there something wrong from a design point of view as technically it's primarily to grant access to xpert?

You have made a mistake thinking that solo run is a baseline requirement. Solo quest is an extra over the party quest.

Then again, the clearance rate is not even close to 100%, so I dont see your point anyway. There is an evident presence of effort in 4p, if zero gear beginners will be nuked on stage 1 through the following 5-10 minutes, failing order for stage 2 and stuck in healing jamming.

Zorak000
Apr 8, 2018, 11:27 AM
On one hand; finally I can run Mega Mecha Awakening for unit affix fodder without praying to the random eq gods
On the other hand; they are totally going to stick a run limit on it, thus foiling my plans of spamming Very Hard

To me it says Omega Falz Apprentice. Probably not what people would have expected but there is reason to think that, going by TDs and the fact Buster Quests are a spin on the idea of "tower defense".

I wanna fight Dark Falz Mothra from the anime though ;A;

Masu
Apr 8, 2018, 11:35 AM
You have made a mistake thinking that solo run is a baseline requirement. Solo quest is an extra over the party quest.

Then again, the clearance rate is not even close to 100%, so I dont see your point anyway*snip*.

Ye, after thinking about what Dark Mits wrote, seeking some YT runs and this... I think I too much focused on the fact H&H was solo only and so I watched at current situation the opposite way as it should be.

wefwq
Apr 8, 2018, 11:50 AM
Cautiously waiting for endless quest since i been pestering them to add something like this everytime they ask what kind of quest i want to see for the future update.

GHNeko
Apr 8, 2018, 03:26 PM
just give me my new skills already

ArcaneTechs
Apr 9, 2018, 01:50 AM
s they're totally aware solo version is kind of bs but they still released it as is...
its been out for a couple of weeks, you still cant clear it? even with cheese? ww

Masu
Apr 9, 2018, 04:12 AM
its been out for a couple of weeks, you still cant clear it? even with cheese? ww
Made it to Elder Omega ONCE.

*snip*Not in the mood for those bullshit, like NOT AT ALL :D
*snip*:
I gonna keep procrastinating a bit more. wwwwwwwwww..:-P

ralf542
Apr 9, 2018, 12:35 PM

(2nd attempt)Yeah cuz Omega Hunar and the floor still hits hard even with 2600 HP, Automate can't save me and S4:Steel Resolve somehow failed too. I need to get good and clear Stage 4 order or get a fire Partizan and abuse Charge Parrying.

vantpers
Apr 9, 2018, 02:10 PM
(2nd attempt)Yeah cuz Omega Hunar and the floor still hits hard even with 2600 HP, Automate can't save me and S4:Steel Resolve somehow failed too. I need to get good and clear Stage 4 order or get a fire Partizan and abuse Charge Parrying.
The downfall of tank builds is the amount of time spent dying. A manly glass build can proudly die in mere seconds and restart the quest in about 5 unless the XQ girl is showing off with the healing jam on Deus again. Meanwhile an automate stacked scrub will have an agonizing time going through all 4 floors just to run out of mates on the last floor and eat an Over End. The pure amount of git gudness pouring into you when you're going 20 deaths per hour is amazing

ralf542
Apr 9, 2018, 02:51 PM
The downfall of tank builds is the amount of time spent dying. The pure amount of git gudness pouring into you when you're going 20 deaths per hour is amazing
Well you see it takes me max 3 minutes to reach Stage 5, run out of mates and just die with tank build. I could probably clear it in 1-2 minutes with glass canon build because i'm so awesome. It's just that tank Hu/Su has a have different play style and I need to get better.

Moffen
Apr 9, 2018, 03:43 PM
The downfall of tank builds is the amount of time spent dying. A manly glass build can proudly die in mere seconds and restart the quest in about 5 unless the XQ girl is showing off with the healing jam on Deus again. Meanwhile an automate stacked scrub will have an agonizing time going through all 4 floors just to run out of mates on the last floor and eat an Over End. The pure amount of git gudness pouring into you when you're going 20 deaths per hour is amazing

>"Scub"
>"Manly"
>"Git Gud"
ITT:Shitposts

Literally nothing wrong with tanking if you have the HP for it,but if you're running out of mates before even getting to omega hunar then thats on you,not the stages.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 9, 2018, 04:03 PM
Made it to Elder Omega ONCE.

as what class? you should be able to clear it easy with HR

i dont want to know how so much hp is still causing you to fail, thats severely bad

DavidAG
Apr 9, 2018, 04:31 PM
S4:Steel Resolve somehow failed too.

Well first of all I'd change that S4 into something thats actually useful, like, I don't know, lifesteal?

vantpers
Apr 9, 2018, 05:19 PM
>"Scub"
>"Manly"
>"Git Gud"
ITT:Shitposts

Literally nothing wrong with tanking if you have the HP for it,but if you're running out of mates before even getting to omega hunar then thats on you,not the stages.

No it's a very quality filled post where I subtly suggested that sometimes the best defensive is good offensive. No need to lower your damage too much when there are better methods of clearing it. Not clearing stage 4 order fast enough to get double damage on Hunar does lower your chances of clearing the quests. Not to say time-wise reaching stage 5 in half the time makes it less annoying to fail it. Having a learning experience with the quest is also something positive. I am not really saying to no units it, but it's pretty much a fact that the faster you kill something the less chances it has to kill you, and so aiming for sweetspots is advised.

One of those sweetspots is Hero that can stay in the air negating 90% of attacks on certain stages and then spam almost free iframes whenever something dares to enter his air space. And all of that is at a pace fast enough to S rank.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 9, 2018, 08:21 PM
One of those sweetspots is Hero that can stay in the air negating 90% of attacks on certain stages and then spam almost free iframes whenever something dares to enter his air space. And all of that is at a pace fast enough to S rank.
and yet people who do this still can't clear it, i mean i guess its time people "git gud" or just 4man the ez modo version

Tunga
Apr 10, 2018, 11:27 PM

Dude come on now...

Golgotha
Apr 12, 2018, 09:01 AM
Well, you don't have to clear it, just accept that you're part of another community.
Thats what I do.

Zephyrion
Apr 12, 2018, 12:30 PM
Well, you don't have to clear it, just accept that you're part of another community.
Thats what I do.

pretty much that, and add the fact that new XQ requirement will actually make non-expert level much higher since old requirement was a lot easier to cheese

GHNeko
Apr 12, 2018, 01:33 PM
Thats what I do.

this is some of the realest shit i've seen on this forum lmfao

ArcaneTechs
Apr 12, 2018, 01:57 PM
Thats what I do.

all you gotta do is clear the 4man run with ppl, its that easy

Wesker8
Apr 12, 2018, 02:32 PM
Man it's been forever since i've last been on here and PSO2. Can't wait to check this out :0c