PDA

View Full Version : New Omega Loser EQ: your thoughts?

NightlightPro
Apr 11, 2018, 09:27 AM
So, what do you think about the new Omega Loser EQ?

for me, I think the drop rate feels really bad

x11 excubes for just 1 run

Electrochemist
Apr 11, 2018, 09:39 AM
Too easy, doesn't really hit hard.
Meh drops, small drop pool.

Just pretty meh all round. Music is cool tho.

Tyreek
Apr 11, 2018, 09:42 AM
Its like SEGA didn't bother paying attention to what they did when they boosted Loser in the Profound Invasion EQ. Omega Loser is pathetic. The mpa destroyed him in no less than 5 mins, and we didn't even get the clock open on SH. His attacks are very weak and his new patterns aren't that threatening.. My friend says it was similar on XH. Time for an emergency patch I say.

XrosBlader821
Apr 11, 2018, 11:57 AM
Since Zanverse isn't a free clock ticket anymore I hear non-expert runs are taking forever.

the_importer_
Apr 11, 2018, 12:21 PM
So basically, he's a fucking sponge that doesn't pay-off?

Zorak000
Apr 11, 2018, 12:47 PM
this honestly should have been a new difficulty for the normal loser EQ, but I bet they didnt want to bother with an omega apos dorios.

otherwise, I like the fight; but by itself it feels like there is supposed to be more to it. like mother has the rideroid segment; yamato, deus, and dragon have significant mobbing segments, deus and dragon got a few extra forms of the boss that are different enough from the main meat of their fights. heck even profound invasion has elder -and- loser

dark falz loser is a good fight, but we should have had a bit more to this eq; even just fighting a single apos dorios before moving on to loser himself could have been enough

Kintama
Apr 11, 2018, 12:48 PM
Presentation was up there.

The difficulty is an anticlimatic bad joke, i would say i hope for a buff real soon, but this is sega we're talking about.

It's definitely wasted potential.

SteveCZ
Apr 11, 2018, 01:01 PM
Since Zanverse isn't a free clock ticket anymore I hear non-expert runs are taking forever.

Not really. 15, 12, and 11 minutes so far. Still slow though. Ship 4.

Electrochemist
Apr 11, 2018, 01:02 PM

it's not too hard to open him up, most dark techs will do it. my favourite to use is Gimegid

XrosBlader821
Apr 11, 2018, 01:03 PM
it's not too hard to open him up, most dark techs will do it. my favourite to use is Gimegid

Which makes it even more baffling that some non expert MPA's take up to 20 min to kill him.

SteveCZ
Apr 11, 2018, 01:03 PM

Yup very easy to open.

Electrochemist
Apr 11, 2018, 01:45 PM
Which makes it even more baffling that some non expert MPA's take up to 20 min to kill him.

At the current state he's in, even without opening his clock immediately it should be clear-able sub 10 minutes for any competent mpa.

Anything beyond that, I really don't know whats going on, he's really really easy at XH.

silo1991
Apr 11, 2018, 02:04 PM
At the current state he's in, even without opening his clock immediately it should be clear-able sub 10 minutes for any competent mpa.

Anything beyond that, I really don't know whats going on, he's really really easy at XH.

i think the cause i couldnt complete the round of the morning could be me , are the knuckles a good choice against him? ( i had box dubal ones , dark with poison), the OT invade dual blades (dark with poison) are a good choice too or should i stick with the knuckles (btw FI/HU and BO/hu respectively)

an alternative choice i have i a zeinesis dark katana with poison too (BR/HU)

Electrochemist
Apr 11, 2018, 02:17 PM
i think the cause i couldnt complete the round of the morning could be me , are the knuckles a good choice against him? ( i had box dubal ones , dark with poison), the OT invade dual blades (dark with poison) are a good choice too or should i stick with the knuckles (btw FI/HU and BO/hu respectively)

There will be atleast one person in most MPAs with techs sufficient enough to open it.
I think gearing to open the clock as any other class is pointless.

AnikaSteinberg
Apr 11, 2018, 02:21 PM
Yup very easy to open.

Ah yes, very easy, to the point that I literally whacked away at the clock for the entire run with my dark element wand + wand gear element skill learned, and ramegid type-0 always on, without even poisoning the clock one single bit until Omega Loser finally dies.

I think gearing to even poison the clock is kind of pointless, since you'd have access to his neck core at specific down conditions and when the mantle crystals are broken ayway.

But maybe I'm just that unlucky. But maybe I just need to spam gimegid instead.

XrosBlader821
Apr 11, 2018, 02:25 PM

Or just get a friend who plays any of these:
Fo
Te
Bo
Su
Hr

I often break the clock entirely by myself as Te/Hu and all I do are a bunch of normal attacks and the 0.3% Poison Chance of Ramegid-0 tick. From my experience back in EP2 don't bother with status effect weapons unless you're running Halfline boost.

silo1991
Apr 11, 2018, 02:25 PM
There will be atleast one person in most MPAs with techs sufficient enough to open it.

in the run i played there wasnt any mage , and i knew that posibility ,

also why nobody care about status effects anymore ,from my point of view in seasonal EQs these are vital for finishing the rounds the soonest posible and now with omega Loser are important again
another reason is , if i dont see rangers in raids why i wouldnt expect runs without mages

jooozek
Apr 11, 2018, 02:28 PM
i did nonexpert runs exclusively today, first was 21 minutes long, second and third were around 15 minutes

TehCubey
Apr 11, 2018, 02:54 PM
I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed.

Mattykins
Apr 11, 2018, 05:23 PM
Had to do the first time in non-expert because I haven't played since before that XQ came out. It was the first one and I had fun. Loser is Loser is Loser. Second time today as Expert was still alright, tho annoyingly after he died and it faded to white my game got stuck. Oh well, I don't play this enough to care about drops anymore anyway :V

I mean, I wish he did more damage, but shrug.

Neith
Apr 11, 2018, 05:28 PM
He does next to no damage, he still has pretty much all the same attacks that regular Loser had and dies almost as fast.

He has a couple of changes to some attacks (like the floating swords which now follow you) but overall it's just a really lazy rehashing of a boss we've been fighting for years. I love the Loser fight (he is my favourite raid boss) but I just don't see the point in Omega Loser.

It's the same fight more or less. Very weak from Sega. It pretty much sets the tone of the entire state of the game for me at the moment.

Azure Falcon
Apr 11, 2018, 05:28 PM
He was hitting me for about 300 damage most of the time without Deband (and my units are over 2 years old), his attack patterns are basically the same with some minor changes that don't really matter, they didn't make any changes to accommodate for Hero cheese (can float above almost every attack if you want) and his drops are a few 7-10* trash. All I wanted was them to capture the feel of Loser back in the day and they failed miserably. Don't think I'll be going out of my way to do this EQ, 14*s aren't an incentive since the drop rate is too pathetic.

silo1991
Apr 11, 2018, 05:33 PM
i just wonder when omega elder will apear so we can have a 2nd boosted round in profound invasion .

also nobody anwser my question if knukles are a good idea against omega loser

GHNeko
Apr 11, 2018, 05:37 PM
10/10 fight

will spam

i've grown tired of retarded hitbox spam and ridiculously hard hitting attacks

so this EQ is an extremely welcome change of pace to the nonsense of dragon and boosted raid bosses.

also i'm like 99% sure they're gonna give us a rematch for this boss lol.

my TMPA took 8 mins but that was with really bad rng on clock opening so it could have been cut down by a minute or 2.

AsinineWaffle
Apr 11, 2018, 05:53 PM
I enjoy fighting Omega Loser but it's just the original one with a different coat of paint and a couple of changed up attacks that are so weak it doesn't even matter.

Though, it's nice finally having something in EP5 I can call fun even if it is just a lazy redo of ep2 content.

Silent_Flower
Apr 11, 2018, 06:30 PM
With the trash loot, I prefer to grind dragon over Loser. A chance to get Demonia is better for me that what I get from loser (other than Talis)

SteveCZ
Apr 11, 2018, 08:38 PM
I like to fight loser so this fight is a ok.

Digital Doom
Apr 11, 2018, 09:41 PM
I got the 14* Talisman from it. Seems cool. Just tap any support pa and it’s instant. Seems to also boost damage in some way but I could be wrong. It’s 1850 taTk at +35 unaffixed, just 55 from dropped affixes. I have a Eternal Psycho Drive yet found myself using the Talisman more. Felt very fast and powerful. The EQ I enjoyed, had the epic classic music. Tiny weird drop pool at end ( yet the 2nd Luther EQ ever this morning dropped me the Talisman, shocked from the tiny drop pool.

oratank
Apr 11, 2018, 11:30 PM
EPD and 14*Talis? you are one lucky bastard. with instant full charge from talis pp convert and orbit series may back in business

Tunga
Apr 12, 2018, 12:26 AM
EPD and 14*Talis? you are one lucky bastard. with instant full charge from talis pp convert and orbit series may back in business

Its not every tech.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 12, 2018, 12:46 AM
Pros
-The Music
-Actually lasts a good while instant of PI or normal HP death
-Stage is beautiful
-The change on some of his attacks like the time freeze swords

Cons
-Luther is absolutely slow as hell, it felt like I was on VH
-He hits way too softly it's ridiculous
-Crystal loot pool is rather small
-Definitely not aggressive enough what so ever

give it 5/10
This EQ let me down so much, one of my favorite raid bosses in the games and it's already boring after the first EQ. I don't how this took them months to do and what a disappointment this was 1st day and I'm usually never like this on new "content"

Suirano
Apr 12, 2018, 01:27 AM
It is alright. I do agree it should have just been a higher difficulty of the normal EQ instead of being its own EQ. I did like the time shifts in mid attacks and what they did to his final time stop but other than that it was the same fight. The arena is very pretty and the theme is alright. I find it lacks some of the intensity of the original but not to a horrible degree. Did love the vocals in slow phase tho.

Electrochemist
Apr 12, 2018, 02:37 AM
also nobody anwser my question if knukles are a good idea against omega loser

To answer your question, yes they're okay but back in the day, I had a preference for TDs at Loser
And I always felt I benefited from being aerial with Loser as he moves around alot and most of his breakable parts are above ground.

Flatflyer
Apr 12, 2018, 04:22 AM
Has anyone tried breaking absolutely every part on Omega Loser and seeing if that increases his drop rate? wondering if he has one of those old gimmicks for his drops.

Zephyrion
Apr 12, 2018, 05:03 AM
Has anyone tried breaking absolutely every part on Omega Loser and seeing if that increases his drop rate? wondering if he has one of those old gimmicks for his drops.

had one run where almost every part was broken, didn't change how bad the drop pool is

Angry_Ryudo
Apr 12, 2018, 06:55 AM
So... in order to be able to do this EQ I have to clear the new XQ first?

Silent_Flower
Apr 12, 2018, 07:03 AM
So... in order to be able to do this EQ I have to clear the new XQ first?

No. The new XQ is related to the expert mode matching.

EvilMag
Apr 12, 2018, 07:31 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/21451/

turns out low amount of drops was a bug. Emergency Maint to fix this. People are theorizing that low drops is cause of leftover apos dorios code from regular loser EQ.

SteveCZ
Apr 12, 2018, 08:18 AM
18 13* rappy eggs in item record. :-o

FantasyHeaven
Apr 12, 2018, 08:47 AM
To answer your question, yes they're okay but back in the day, I had a preference for TDs at Loser
And I always felt I benefited from being aerial with Loser as he moves around alot and most of his breakable parts are above ground.
Loser had like total 2 attack that could hit you in the air (the energy balls/other thingies) that are fairly easy to spin through. You can even spin through the carousel no problem.
So just spin around like a mad man at the top of the stage. Good times were had up there with a couple other random TDers back in the day.

Silent_Flower
Apr 12, 2018, 08:55 AM
Dang it, 7pm to 1am EDT.

NightlightPro
Apr 13, 2018, 05:19 AM
still low amount of drops even after the Emergency maintenance?

final_attack
Apr 13, 2018, 05:23 AM
I didn't count total cube earlier, but the ring felt bigger.
2x maybe?

NightlightPro
Apr 13, 2018, 05:29 AM
got like 14 excubes w/ triboost 100% and 250% RDR

inb4 another E-Maint.

Silent_Flower
Apr 13, 2018, 07:25 AM
I gotten around 25 excubes with +250%, 30% party and +50% premier boost. It not great, but it not pitiful either.

Remz69
Apr 13, 2018, 08:00 AM
i haven't done it yet but let me guess, it's a regular loser copy pasta, switching weakness to dark and adding one move and tweaking slightly some others ?
who could have ever predicted this

they haven't released/made jack shit since dragon/forest

Dark Mits
Apr 13, 2018, 10:10 AM
Did it only once so far due to work... I maybe went overkill with getting Deband from both Team Tree and campship... But it was funny being able to stand in his sweeping sword dance during slowmo and inside the blood pools with just Resta ticking. Mpa still had about 10-15 deaths, the vast majority of which during time stop blades.

XrosBlader821
Apr 13, 2018, 10:13 AM
The Drops are much better now but Loser still hits like a wet noodle.
Oh well at least somethin'

Anduril
Apr 13, 2018, 05:07 PM
How much damage does he do when he isn't under the effect of Jellen? Every run I've done, he has been Jellened the entire run, and he has only ever hit me for like 280 max.

Hysteria1987
Apr 13, 2018, 05:08 PM
I can't see the wet noodle thing changing tbh.

He's a cool boss, and the music's got that kind of eerie thing going on (at least until the female vocal bit which I really don't like), but he's actually really relaxing to fight, nothing really super-new going on.

Comfy/10

Zulastar
Apr 13, 2018, 06:05 PM
Killed it less than 6 minutes on this run... But half of MPA still dying after 2nd time stop.
Not much difference from old one, even easier somehow with these ground hit zone marks.

Flatflyer
Apr 13, 2018, 06:07 PM
I feel like the issue is he's still doing similar damage to old Loser, which back in EP2 days would probably be an actually threatening amount of damage, but now we have significantly more survivability/recovery compared to then, so it just ends up not really doing that much damage at all.

also for whatever reason they increased the timer for him from 30 minutes to 60 minutes, guess some people were really struggling with him still.

GHNeko
Apr 13, 2018, 10:04 PM
I feel like the issue is he's still doing similar damage to old Loser, which back in EP2 days would probably be an actually threatening amount of damage, but now we have significantly more survivability/recovery compared to then, so it just ends up not really doing that much damage at all.

also for whatever reason they increased the timer for him from 30 minutes to 60 minutes, guess some people were really struggling with him still.

He's not a 2 part boss. Generally 2 part bosses get 60 mins iirc.

Silent_Flower
Apr 14, 2018, 04:27 AM
There is a still a big variance for expert. Every run that I been in took 11-15 minutes to complete, including one with 7/12 mpa because Sega was incapable to keeping their login server online.

The most recent one (5 am EDT) eq, I woke up late (well, it is 5am) and I managed to get into mpa that only took 8-9 minutes to beat Loser. Damage output difference was huge because we managed to break both loser's arms in 1 attempt each while others need 2.

Cyber Meteor
Apr 14, 2018, 04:30 AM

No, that has more to do with the fact story wise you fight him solo, so they have put that 1 hour limit so you can solo it in game

Flatflyer
Apr 14, 2018, 05:39 AM
He's not a 2 part boss. Generally 2 part bosses get 60 mins iirc.

I meant the time limit in mission, not the EQ timer, I swear pre-patch the in-mission time limit was only 30 minutes, but they increased it to 60 after the patch.

edit: I actually have proof of it changing too coincidentally, Time left after clear was only 13 mins, and the run definitely didnt take 40+ minutes to do.
https://i.imgur.com/5elXMZC.png

Though if that was for the sake of the solo version, it'd be odd that people would still miss the 30 min timer even with him scaled down as much as I'm assuming he is, haven't actually done it myself so I don't know.

regardless, I dont mind the extra time since it gives me a better chance of soloing him without having to worry about the timer if I ever get the guts to actually attempt a solo run.

Zephyrion
Apr 14, 2018, 06:25 AM
I meant the time limit in mission, not the EQ timer, I swear pre-patch the in-mission time limit was only 30 minutes, but they increased it to 60 after the patch.

edit: I actually have proof of it changing too coincidentally, Time left after clear was only 13 mins, and the run definitely didnt take 40+ minutes to do.
https://i.imgur.com/5elXMZC.png

Though if that was for the sake of the solo version, it'd be odd that people would still miss the 30 min timer even with him scaled down as much as I'm assuming he is, haven't actually done it myself so I don't know.

regardless, I dont mind the extra time since it gives me a better chance of soloing him without having to worry about the timer if I ever get the guts to actually attempt a solo run.

Actually was 60 minutes from the start. Loser unlike previous EQ has a timer for seeing how long it takes, so it goes up instead of ticking down. That screenshot proves you were 13 minutes in for that run, and had 47 left

Upper limit is indeed 60 minutes but it's not shown here. The extension has probably been made to fit with all the other EQs from Mother onwards, and is still a huge help for anyone wanting to solo it.

Dark Mits
Apr 14, 2018, 06:54 AM
How much damage does he do when he isn't under the effect of Jellen? Every run I've done, he has been Jellened the entire run, and he has only ever hit me for like 280 max.Around 2400 Def and with TE's maxxed Deband, his 2nd most threatening attack (next to the time stop blades) seemed to be the blood pools during the last part of the fight for about 400 per tick.

SteveCZ
Apr 14, 2018, 07:52 AM
I remember it was 30 minutes cause we were counting how fast the expert and non-expert clear time was.

aiMute
Apr 14, 2018, 05:52 PM
Barely anything have changed, reminds of old games where epitome of enemy progression was different color scheme mob with more hp. And now that KMR got rid of ep1-3 to make his mistake episode(s) look good he blatantly steals old Loser and poses it as his new content.

TehCubey
Apr 14, 2018, 08:27 PM
Barely anything have changed, reminds of old games where epitome of enemy progression was different color scheme mob with more hp. And now that KMR got rid of ep1-3 to make his mistake episode(s) look good he blatantly steals old Loser and poses it as his new content.

Cute tinfoil hat, but the boss was meant to be a callback to ep 2 for people who liked it, not something entirely new.

Also 99.5% of ep1-3 content is still available in the game.;-)

Kondibon
Apr 14, 2018, 08:37 PM
And now that KMR got rid of ep1-3 to make his mistake episode(s) look good he blatantly steals old Loser and poses it as his new content.The only thing we're missing from Episode 1-3 is the matter board. If you don't like that you just watch through all the cutscenes and occasionally do a short mission, then that honestly highlights the original problem with episode 1-3 mostly being unrelated busy work than any problems with the current director.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 14, 2018, 10:52 PM
Games Release Content: It's Kimuras fault!
Class Rebalance update: It's Kimuras fault!
Scratch has nothing in it you like: It's Kimuras fault!
You didn't get a 14* drop: It's Kimuras fault!

Meteor Weapon
Apr 14, 2018, 10:58 PM
wait i thought it was uh...Daisuke(?) being the current director now

GHNeko
Apr 14, 2018, 10:58 PM
I'd rather Suganuma over Kimura tho.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 14, 2018, 10:59 PM
wait i thought it was uh...Daisuke(?) being the current director now
i honestly forgot who the directors were this episode, i just remember it being 2 people this time

I'd rather Suganuma over Kimura tho.
i think a lot of us would

lets get Sakai back!

Meteor Weapon
Apr 15, 2018, 12:06 AM
Kinda think Episode 3 was the peak of good content

i honestly forgot who the directors were this episode, i just remember it being 2 people this time

That was episode4 with daisuke being co-director and kimura being director

i think a lot of us would

lets get Sakai back!

not sure what he does these days

XrosBlader821
Apr 15, 2018, 02:35 AM
Games Release Content: It's Kimuras fault!
Class Rebalance update: It's Kimuras fault!
Scratch has nothing in it you like: It's Kimuras fault!
You didn't get a 14* drop: It's Kimuras fault!

You hit it pretty much on the head.