PDA

View Full Version : High Level Bonus Topic Predictions

the_importer_
Apr 15, 2018, 11:22 AM
While people are putting their focus on the new class skills, most of you seem to be ignoring the new High Level Bonus:

https://s31.postimg.cc/mow9wzkt3/High_Level_Bonus.png (https://postimg.cc/image/mow9wzkt3/)

If you know anything about skill trees, you'll have noticed with time that icons that are the same will have a similar fonction. Looking at the icon for High Level Bonus, only 4 other skills have that same exact same one:

[Su] All Attack Bonus 1 & 2 (15% ATK bonus)
[Su] & [Hr] All Attacks Up (50 ATK for all types)
[Su] All Attacks High Up (150 ATK for all types)
[Hr] Hero Boost (60% ATK bonus)

So, do you think High Level Bonus will be a % boost or simply add ATK? Also, how much % or ATK do you think we'll get?

Dark Mits
Apr 15, 2018, 11:45 AM
Personal opinion is that it will mimic the current Rare Mastery <class> skill. So we will probably get X% bonus to all damage done. As to how much that X% will be, wild guess is 10%.

Will_Nonheim
Apr 15, 2018, 11:48 AM
I'd say %, if only because giving level 85 to Basic classes is meant to help bridge the observed gap between Basic classes and Advanced classes. Giving a set amount of power instead of a proportional increase would go against the core concept, at this point.
I'm well aware that many players believe their chosen class to be capable of matching up to Hero, and they wouldn't be wrong-- only, this'll help everyone to do so with their skill tree.

the_importer_
Apr 15, 2018, 12:08 PM
Personal opinion is that it will mimic the current Rare Mastery <class> skill. So we will probably get X% bonus to all damage done. As to how much that X% will be, wild guess is 10%.

Ya, but like I said before, icons tend to represent the same thing, so it would need to be "All Attack Bonus" at 10% instead of 15% for this to work.

I'd say %, if only because giving level 85 to Basic classes is meant to help bridge the observed gap between Basic classes and Advanced classes. Giving a set amount of power instead of a proportional increase would go against the core concept, at this point.
I'm well aware that many players believe their chosen class to be capable of matching up to Hero, and they wouldn't be wrong-- only, this'll help everyone to do so with their skill tree.

I know, having capped all 10 classes, I can tell without a doubt that playing Hr was like playing with cheat codes. Never have I had such an easy time playing with a class that's out of my "natural" playing style.

Dark Mits
Apr 15, 2018, 12:32 PM
Hero isn't getting anything for 85? Just more points to get more existing skills?

XrosBlader821
Apr 15, 2018, 12:51 PM
Hero isn't getting anything for 85? Just more points to get more existing skills?

Hero doesn't get level cap increased at all.

the_importer_
Apr 15, 2018, 01:02 PM
Hero doesn't get level cap increased at all.

Where did you read that, almost seems impossible. I know we didn't see a new skill, but no level increase, I don't think so.

Kintama
Apr 15, 2018, 01:12 PM
This time only non hero classes get a cap increase, hero stars 80 for now.

XrosBlader821
Apr 15, 2018, 01:12 PM
Where did you read that, almost seems impossible. I know we didn't see a new skill, but no level increase, I don't think so.

Have you been misreading the news for the past months? Bumped always said "Regular/Standard Class level cap 85" regular class referring to everything but Hero since it's an advanced class. Even the new PSO2 station recap says this.

https://i.imgur.com/CIEEfXi.png

the_importer_
Apr 15, 2018, 01:37 PM
Have you been misreading the news for the past months? Bumped always said "Regular/Standard Class level cap 85" regular class referring to everything but Hero since it's an advanced class. Even the new PSO2 station recap says this.

https://i.imgur.com/CIEEfXi.png

More like never paid attention to it. I knew Hr was considered to be in a different class, but I never expected a class to be kept at a lower level, that's unheard of in any RPG that I've ever played.

XrosBlader821
Apr 15, 2018, 01:46 PM
More like never paid attention to it. I knew Hr was considered to be in a different class, but I never expected a class to be kept at a lower level, that's unheard of in any RPG that I've ever played.

Iirc. Maplestory had classes with different level caps since like early 2000's? But I can't think of any other games that do that off the top of my head.

Kintama
Apr 15, 2018, 04:05 PM
Did hero need a buff? I think not.

the_importer_
Apr 15, 2018, 04:21 PM
Did hero need a buff? I think not.

Would it honestly make a difference? It's more a question of consistance. Plus, if someone wants to lock a quest for Lv85, how will that work for Hr?

Tunga
Apr 15, 2018, 05:14 PM
Would it honestly make a difference? It's more a question of consistance. Plus, if someone wants to lock a quest for Lv85, how will that work for Hr?

The same way hero can bypass sub class requirememts.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 15, 2018, 05:42 PM
no one ever puts 2 and 2 together

Kintama
Apr 15, 2018, 05:57 PM

Do you even powercreep? Would you play the game if bosses actually died in a single hit? :-o

the_importer_
Apr 15, 2018, 06:36 PM

Not the same thing. You're talking about SEGA restricting revenge EQ to people at a certain level for main class and subclass. I doubt they will change it for Lv85 and even if they did, they could still add the exception for Hr. That being said, I'm talking about making a quest from the counter with a level restriction yourself. This only looks at your main class as far as I'm aware and putting it at Lv85 would lock Hr out. On the other hand, maybe it's a good thing :p

Do you even powercreep? Would you play the game if bosses actually died in a single hit? :-o

Dude, Hr is a class above I'll give you that, but you would level it up to 100 right now and it wouldn't change much to that point. What makes this class overpowered is the shit ton of multipliers in it's tree, Hero Boost being one of the worst culprit. With 94 SP, this is what my tree looks like and I'm guessing it's close to everyone else's since almost everthing left are the garbage affixes: http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?13cnbCIobCIobCIobCIobCIobCIobCIobCIo bCIobCIo0jdodBdo000000000dodA0000000jdoIbIb0000000 fdoIb0000008dB00000000fdBIn000000007bIoIo0000000fd oIbIo0000000fdB0000000dBkbeKdBrBJ2qBeBqorF00000f

XrosBlader821
Apr 15, 2018, 07:17 PM
What makes this class overpowered is the shit ton of multipliers in it's tree, Hero Boost being one of the worst culprit.

aha

Go ahead and combine all the Hero multipliers that can be active at the same time for a PA and compare them with multipliers of a Meta Class combos, BOTH Main and subclasses.

Hero Multipliers are normal. What isn't normal is the versatility, range, AoE. Heros Basically have a Stage 1 Maron accessible at all time with Aura blast they just need to hold down a button for 6 seconds. The only conditional damage multiplier requires you not getting hit or not receiving a certain amount of damage while every other Class needs to JA consecutively or hit from the right angle or match elements or stand still at a certain range while attacking Weakpoints. You get the gist.

Tunga
Apr 15, 2018, 07:55 PM
Not the same thing.

Theyll just add an expection or something, it would be a huge fail if they didnt.

the_importer_
Apr 15, 2018, 08:14 PM
aha

Go ahead and combine all the Hero multipliers that can be active at the same time for a PA and compare them with multipliers of a Meta Class combos, BOTH Main and subclasses.

Hero Multipliers are normal. What isn't normal is the versatility, range, AoE. Heros Basically have a Stage 1 Maron accessible at all time with Aura blast they just need to hold down a button for 6 seconds. The only conditional damage multiplier requires you not getting hit or not receiving a certain amount of damage while every other Class needs to JA consecutively or hit from the right angle or match elements or stand still at a certain range while attacking Weakpoints. You get the gist.

Sure Aura High Charge is useful, but you left out the 300% boost from using Hr weapons and the fact the you also can have JA boost by using different PA/Te as well as weak point boost.

XrosBlader821
Apr 15, 2018, 09:22 PM
Sure Aura High Charge is useful, but you left out the 300% boost from using Hr weapons and the fact the you also can have JA boost by using different PA/Te as well as weak point boost.

*sigh* So you didn't actually check how many Multipliers a regular class has. Hero Weapon Boost 1 + 2 is no different than adding Fury Stance + Brave Stance together. Do some math.

final_attack
Apr 15, 2018, 10:24 PM
Hmmm ... I wonder if it add specific stats for specific class (something like ..... HP + S-Atk + S-Def for Hu, HP + greater S-Atk for Fi, etc) which might be kind of interesting how they see some classes :innocent:

Or they can just lazy by adding x amount of stats / x amount of % damage for every class :wacko:

GHNeko
Apr 16, 2018, 02:19 AM
Wasnt it already noted that its 5% damage boost for the 5 SP?

final_attack
Apr 16, 2018, 04:18 AM
Wasnt it already noted that its 5% damage boost for the 5 SP?

Oh? I didn't see it anywhere :/
Does it noted from live stream (spoken)? Or listed somewhere?
My ..... assumption would be 5 SP, since I saw 5/5 .... no other info afaik.