https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_a8xMOF-jI

Site
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20180509/

SteveCZ
Apr 27, 2018, 03:34 AM
Quite an update right here.

XrosBlader821
Apr 27, 2018, 07:28 AM
Hum unless Google translator is bollocks that website just confirmed that Limit break insurance isn't once per quest.

"Especially the poison trap will be added with the effect of continuing damage, and it will become a valid attack against any boss!" Again I hope Google didn't bork it up.

No concrete info about the high level class bonus tho. guess we have to see for ourselves when the patch hits.

Oh hey they're rebalancing a few things for Fo/Te
- Photon Flare Cooldown reduced (probably from 100 to 90 sec to align more with the new lvl 85 skill)
- PP convert Cooldown reduced and reduce/get rid of HP demerit

Dragwind
Apr 27, 2018, 03:37 PM
Quite a big update considering all that's involved. 85 level cap will finally arrive.

Altiea
Apr 27, 2018, 03:50 PM
Hum unless Google translator is bollocks that website just confirmed that Limit break insurance isn't once per quest.

"Especially the poison trap will be added with the effect of continuing damage, and it will become a valid attack against any boss!" Again I hope Google didn't bork it up.

No concrete info about the high level class bonus tho. guess we have to see for ourselves when the patch hits.

- Photon Flare Cooldown reduced (probably from 100 to 90 sec to align more with the new lvl 85 skill)

LBI is a last resort safety net if Iron Will rolls the 25% that would kill you (or you play an off-meta combo that doesn't involve IW, like Clawdem FI/BO or Yasha-NT FI/BR). It always activates if you take a kill shot that isn't blocked by another effect first, but the tradeoff is that each time you proc LBI in a Quest, it adds extra time to LB's cooldown.

I'm personally rather intrigued by A S-Roll Arts Mode. Considering the demo characters they use in the trailers are quite weak, ASRA could be quite a bit stronger than we think it is, which might make S-Roll Arts viable enough to take.

They still don't know what they're doing with Dodge Auto Field. We're not a support class, folks!

ArcaneTechs
Apr 27, 2018, 06:26 PM
make me more op sega, give me more power creep!

was this info on the official site? i only remember the vid introducing the new skill

final_attack
Apr 27, 2018, 06:40 PM
I'm personally rather intrigued by A S-Roll Arts Mode. Considering the demo characters they use in the trailers are quite weak, ASRA could be quite a bit stronger than we think it is, which might make S-Roll Arts viable enough to take.

Still, if it's viable, everyone will have to go to S-Roll build o.o
Well, with current SRollArts (and SRollUp) capped, I think I saw 10k+ ....... could be 20k with Garongo in SH TA at max gear, maybe (I forgot).

make me more op sega, give me more power creep!

was this info on the official site? i only remember the vid introducing the new skill

On bottom right, beside new scratch illustration, with "new" tag, without any picture.

Tymek
Apr 27, 2018, 06:57 PM
Finally, story content.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 27, 2018, 09:11 PM
They still don't know what they're doing with Dodge Auto Field. We're not a support class, folks!

I'm going to give Bo shit forever at this rate. Bo looked nice with 14*s but SEGA just has to remind me their skill tree design is a steaming pile of cow crap.

SteveCZ
Apr 27, 2018, 09:20 PM
Finally, story content.

Pretty much the story progress, yeah.

FantasyHeaven
Apr 28, 2018, 02:22 AM
That te skill is the most retarded thing ever. First you design the class such that it needs to be up in the enemy's face to do damage and then you give it this ultimate hidden skill that implies the complete opposite. Even on the off chance that someone happens to play in a party this will see 0 use.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 28, 2018, 03:05 AM
I'm going to give Bo shit forever at this rate. Bo looked nice with 14*s but SEGA just has to remind me their skill tree design is a steaming pile of cow crap.
ah you to see how much Sega has forgotten about this turd of class in this day in age. The whole class almost needs a full rework at this point, least skill wise.

That te skill is the most retarded thing ever. First you design the class such that it needs to be up in the enemy's face to do damage and then you give it this ultimate hidden skill that implies the complete opposite. Even on the off chance that someone happens to play in a party this will see 0 use.
TE has talis for damage (of course varying on your Sub class) and not only that, it already has a super far reaching buff AoE. Having the TE in your party is a plus but with how most EQ's are, you are genuiely 90% of the time in range of the TE's buffs. It's not like you need a TE to actually play the game either

XrosBlader821
Apr 28, 2018, 07:05 AM

Because long range classes like Ranger, Bow Braver and Force aren't a thing. Or how about BQ/ Dragon where everyone is constantly running around and/or hitting a different Leg? Not to mention Te/Fi and Te/Br are still a thing but what ever. The only people who think the new Te skill is retarded are the ones who haven't played that class since EP5 launch.

TE has talis for damage (of course varying on your Sub class)

Talis on Te are garbage for damage.

Arada
Apr 28, 2018, 09:29 AM
Because long range classes like Ranger, Bow Braver and Force aren't a thing. Or how about BQ/ Dragon where everyone is constantly running around and/or hitting a different Leg? Not to mention Te/Fi and Te/Br are still a thing but what ever. The only people who think the new Te skill is retarded are the ones who haven't played that class since EP5 launch.

You shouldn't make that kind of statement because it's wrong.

Anyways, the TE skill is trash. It brings nothing. Addresses nothing. And it truly is badly designed in itself.
- A good techer can place itself well to already buff most/all a MPA at once.
- Buffs last a full 3 minutes and there are always events where everyone gathers to hit a weak point or is forced to go through which creates an opportunity for buffs. Even on the Dragon. It's less true on a Buster Quest but that content is easy anyway so embracing a skill for 1 set of mission doesn't make it good.
- It works on the party only. Not the MPA, the party. At best, this covers 3 other people. Even when you party a lot, the non-MPA quests don't present any difficulty for buffing at all and in the MPAs, two thirds of the players (at best) are not covered anyway. And it boils down to my first and second points where there is actually no need for the skill at all any way because of player skills.

Zephyrion
Apr 28, 2018, 09:36 AM
You shouldn't make that kind of statement because it's wrong.

Anyways, the TE skill is trash. It brings nothing. Addresses nothing. And it truly is badly designed in itself.
- A good techer can place itself well to already buff most/all a MPA at once.
- Buffs last a full 3 minutes and there are always events where everyone gathers to hit a weak point or is forced to go through which creates an opportunity for buffs. Even on the Dragon. It's less true on a Buster Quest but that content is easy anyway so embracing a skill for 1 set of mission doesn't make it good.
- It works on the party only. Not the MPA, the party. At best, this covers 3 other people. Even when you party a lot, the non-MPA quests don't present any difficulty for buffing at all and in the MPAs, two thirds of the players (at best) are not covered anyway. And it boils down to my first and second points where there is actually no need for the skill at all any way because of player skills.

I'm still middle ground about this skill, it doesn't bring a lot for sure, but it's still extra QoL in a few quests. Sure I wouldn't take it if it cost any SP, but it doesn't cost anything, so it's pretty much a lil freebie bonus (which most of these skills are, aside from FO, but we all know FO is a spoiled class balance-wise, so lol).

Incidentally this skill probably will help a lot in pretty much all the 4/4 content SEGA has been introducing as of late, since well, there is no mpa. Definitely not the skill I hoped for, but hey BO has it worse xD

XrosBlader821
Apr 28, 2018, 11:09 AM
the TE skill is trash. It brings nothing. Addresses nothing. And it truly is badly designed in itself.
Good for you but this skill fixes an issue that EP5 introduced and generaly speeds up the process of buffing / refreshing.

Not every class is melee and Dragon rematch brought some content where it's actually easy to die, while having an awfully large Arena to fight in (I wouldn't be surprised if the Trigger Version of Omega Loser hit harder as well). BQ's did the same thing and the suggestion of wasting Weak Point uptimes just to buff up the Party is ridiculous. You can't have both Zanverse and Shifta / Deband out at the same time so you're sacrificing so much DPS (even MPA DPS) just to do something you're going to be able to do at any time and any range with this new skill. Not to mention the new Wand PA might boost Techtors DPS into a more relevant territory where wasting time chasing after Party members to buff them up is even worse of an Idea. If you don't party at all then yeah it is a pretty useless skill but I find ignoring party makers pretty idiotic anyway.

Moffen
Apr 28, 2018, 01:21 PM
Im happy the Te skill exists so my friend can shifta/deband me when im chaining Dragon Head/Omega Loser head.

Something that wasnt possible before without me dropping out the air.

Dark Mits
Apr 28, 2018, 03:19 PM
New TE skill is both bad and good. The good parts:

- Easier to buff "person" party (up to 3 other members) without the requirement to get close to them.
- It means that you don't need to get the Shifta/Deband crafts that extend their range by +2.00m
- It is 3 times better in 4man content than in 12-man content
- It also means that during phases where the 4-man group gathers up, the TE will not have to spend the first few seconds buffing up, since he can do it preemptively during "out-of-enemy-range" phases.

The bad parts:
- 8 other mpa members still don't automatically get buffed
- It's a buff that on average should find use every 2 and a half mins, less only if people die.
- It nullifies the need for the +2.00m crafts...
- While every other class gets a talent that increases their own performance in every content, for TE it is extremely situational. The only time it increases TE's direct performance, is when the TE player can take advantage to buff the mpa before a gather-up burst phase.

Now IF it also extended Anti, it would be somewhat better.

XrosBlader821
Apr 28, 2018, 03:53 PM
Im happy the Te skill exists so my friend can shifta/deband me when im chaining Dragon Head/Omega Loser head.

Something that wasnt possible before without me dropping out the air.

I think I mentioned airborne Heroes in the Livestream thread but yeah airborne Gunners would benefit from this as well.

- It nullifies the need for the +2.00m crafts...

For me it's the reverse to be honest. Prior to this skill Multi Shifta had the faster ticks so it was more likely to apply a few of them before people would run out of range while also increasing the range by 1.00m. With this skill however your Party (the only 3 people you can actually track) is guaranteed to receive all 4 ticks so I'd say getting Concentrated versions now might be better just to make it more likely people from other Parties get buffed as well due to higher range. The half second shorter charge time is the cherry on top of the cake. In the end it'll probably just come down to personal preference.

AnikaSteinberg
Apr 30, 2018, 08:58 PM
To add to the Te buff thing being able to buff airborne players, the Te himself/herself also has the option to just use uncharged, 1.5-min (2.5 min to main/sub Fighters) buff bursts in the air when chasing something with Safoie T0 in order not to lose altitude.

Or, like what I initially thought of for the skill, buffing for your 4-man party will no longer waste 3~5 secs every 3 minutes (with them within range and with you just standing still), but will be just another alternative button tap to JA something next.

So yes, it's still very meh for us dedicated Te, but this skill is still technically a tempo "boost", albeit a very, very subtle, almost negligible, one.

Zulastar
Apr 30, 2018, 10:13 PM
When they make numbers to the Beauty Salon sliders? It could be easy to count when it was -10 to +10 but now it's -256 to +256...

pkemr4
Apr 30, 2018, 10:17 PM
i welcome this new force meta since i have EPD + Motav :-D

Zulastar
Apr 30, 2018, 10:21 PM
EPD + Motav :-D

I want that too... But I never got what I want, it's always useless shit.

wefwq
May 1, 2018, 03:35 AM
This update is looking great, finally months of no content paid off.

Loveless62
May 3, 2018, 09:25 AM
Extra storage purchasable through SG.

Level cap increased.

More skills.

More adventures on planet Omegalul.

May is shaping up to be a great month for PSO2!

final_attack
May 3, 2018, 09:44 AM
- start hoarding keys for levelling Hu as Gu's sub - (since my main char only have Gu and Hu at Lv80 atm).
I wanna see how far my keys so far can increase the level.
I wonder what that "High level bonus" give .... and if it cost SP to level .....

silo1991
May 3, 2018, 10:13 AM
i hope there is a buster quest campaings when this update release , because i seriusly want to level up hunter class the soonest posible so i can get out of that hell

otakun
May 3, 2018, 06:52 PM
i hope there is a buster quest campaings when this update release , because i seriusly want to level up hunter class the soonest posible so i can get out of that hell

Doesnt it come with a new free field? would think they would want people to do that.

Golgotha
May 4, 2018, 04:35 AM
This class skill rollecoaster wouldn't be so jarring if there was a choice to select from.
But I guess it would be naive to expect lvlcap skills to be better with current state of skill trees anyway.

wefwq
May 4, 2018, 05:12 AM
New free field will be your EXP grind map for like a week or two, then.

Loveless62
May 4, 2018, 09:49 AM
I thought the "World Engulfed in Shadows" FQ was the the fashionable place to level nowadays (on SH in non-expert b7).

Zorak000
May 4, 2018, 02:03 PM
eh bouncer seems pretty good. maybe needs you to juggle more stuff like rings, stances, active skills, and subpallets; which can be a bit much for controller players to do to be honest.

the new skill means I can free up some subpallet slots, since it sounds like it doesn't put the field skills on cooldown when you do dodge an attack. might not be terribly important on bouncer itself since it doesn't have a critical-strike-like ability; but im sure nearby fighters and gunners would appreciate the extra crit. suppose those play more into the fact that bouncer is supposed to look like a fusion of fighter and techer

I'm kinda lukewarm about Juniper Tulis and Ghilles Wilhelm, mostly because I'm just not a huge fan of "does an extra attack during your attacks" abilities; but the dual blade from loser sounds like it can regenerate your blade gear during Kestral Rampage 0, which sounds pretty hilarious to me.

anyway I remembered that I was replying to people who's minds are already made up, so really this post was just one big waste of time. so I'll just whine about that we'll never see the force+gunner hybrid class, the closest thing being PSNova's Buster; piles sounded like a close-range gun while halos sounded like a tech weapon that had it's own PAs, even beyond their nova-exclusive gimmicks

Kintama
May 4, 2018, 03:49 PM
So what's the point of braver conversion for someone who doesn't use katana nor criticals hits?

Cyber Meteor
May 4, 2018, 05:12 PM
So what's the point of braver conversion for someone who doesn't use katana nor criticals hits?

If you don't use katana at all, there is none, and using a katana just for that skill with a few SP invested into katana gear will end up make you lose some DPS, since it seems intended for bullet bow users and using katana when your mag is R-atk and the skills you use are Bullet bow oriented will do pretty low dmg, or maybe decent when subbing HU, so you would like to have the gear rise maxed (takes 6 SP invested into katana skills for that). However this skill would still be pointless if you're using a single stance in BR tree and subbing HU, as you can get both the critical skills for +50% crit rate, and you can add a R-ring Critical Strike ranged for +20% more, ending up at 75% crit rate (base crit rate being 5% without any boost), and can be more with invade-NT potent (+10%) and SSA.
If you dual stance BR tree and sub RA though, you may need that new skill to reach similar crit rates of single stance BR/HU, though the 5 more SP from lvl 85 will allow you to take one crit skill for one of the 2 BR stances lol. As a bow user, having a high crit rate is good especially for high dmg single hit PAs like Sharp boomer, Final Nemesis, Banish Arrow as it's often a +10% dmg, but it's really ironic that to do somewhat decent katana dmg it's better to sub HU, but if you sub HU, you get access to an additional crit rate boost skill, and if you go single stance on BR you get another, so i have some doubt this skill was really due to knowledge of class weakness and more due to "welp, bullet bow got some serious weakness to correct but katana has almost none yet we can't put a new skill benefitting only one weapon, oh wait, an old skill idea that was rejected but needs both BR weapons to work? let's put that for now" xD

XrosBlader821
May 4, 2018, 05:44 PM
The usefulness of the Br skill depends on the duration of Katana Gear release when stored in a Bow. If it's 12 seconds then it's gonna be tedious having to keep re-doing it all the time on a Bow only build. However if the duration is endless then you can still put 1 sp into Katana Gear, charge it up prior to quest starting and activate it with the Katana Guard Ring then swap into Bow and keep enjoying your free 50% Crit rate. Over all it feels more like a skill with the intention to make Hybrid Br more appealing even though Sega would just need to cut the SP cost on a few skills to do that.

On the Bouncer Skill I see a few Issues. If I'm not mistaken t's only going to be step activated so you can't use Jet boot's amazing Weapon action I-Frames to activate it (imagine dual bird would only work with Step and dive roll but not S-Roll, oof). But on Dual Blades it does feel more at home since there is no fancy weapon action I-frame shenanigans. The thing is Dual blades don't have Sub pallette management issues, that's more of an issue on Jet Boots which kinda makes this skill feel misplaced. Personally I'd have preferred something that makes going for Critical hit builds more desiderable. A Fi/Bo or Te/Bo won't be able to use it either because all the new skills are Main class only if im not mistaken.I can certainly see why Bouncer players wouldn't be super hot about this new Skill. Maybe there will be a skill ring in the future that makes the fields simply activate with the use of Weapon action similarly to how Katana has it Guard Ring that can force Gear activation.

Dark Mits
May 4, 2018, 06:55 PM
We talk about the usefulness (or not) of the new skills depending on one's playstyle, but for those whose playstyle is not... compatible with these new skills, what new builds could their be? For example for Br/Hu, where would the extra 5 skill points go if the player is a Bow user who doesn't want to Katana/Bow dance?

XrosBlader821
May 4, 2018, 07:37 PM
We talk about the usefulness (or not) of the new skills depending on one's playstyle, but for those whose playstyle is not... compatible with these new skills, what new builds could their be? For example for Br/Hu, where would the extra 5 skill points go if the player is a Bow user who doesn't want to Katana/Bow dance?

Well not really because as far as we know the "High level class boost" might cost SP and the new individual skills are free anyway.

Ryutensei
May 5, 2018, 12:47 AM
eh bouncer seems pretty good. maybe needs you to juggle more stuff like rings, stances, active skills, and subpallets; which can be a bit much for controller players to do to be honest.

the new skill means I can free up some subpallet slots, since it sounds like it doesn't put the field skills on cooldown when you do dodge an attack. might not be terribly important on bouncer itself since it doesn't have a critical-strike-like ability; but im sure nearby fighters and gunners would appreciate the extra crit. suppose those play more into the fact that bouncer is supposed to look like a fusion of fighter and techer

I'm kinda lukewarm about Juniper Tulis and Ghilles Wilhelm, mostly because I'm just not a huge fan of "does an extra attack during your attacks" abilities; but the dual blade from loser sounds like it can regenerate your blade gear during Kestral Rampage 0, which sounds pretty hilarious to me.

So that Bouncer skill is going to be really inopportune for Bouncer since step more times that less can't be spammed enough even with Step JA Ring to maintain combinations. Imagine an ideal situation where you would us it in tandem with Step JA you have to ask yourself: How often are you even going to stop your rotations to fit this say over snatch or jet boot WA? It's honestly a meme because it suggests an interruption to begin with. There's also the matter Bouncer PP regen per hit is pretty damn healthy for JBs and only stands out for DBs outside PBF which in any case how rare it is for the meta combo to even spam PAs enough to put your pp in a bad position with a good base amount (around 170ish) is rare on a seasoned Bouncer.

As far as controller play goes with ring swaps it's not that bad once you're used to it since it's fairly easy to know which rings to swap at what time with shortcuts and whatnot. As far as Reaver DBs versus Jupiter Tullus it's fairly obvious which one wins because it takes one look on anyone who knows how to play dual blades that the chance and position of you being able to spam a 192 frame PA is a ridiculous notion seeing as you'll have a hell of a time getting the blade rain in. What's more than snatch/step cancelling it still puts Kestrel Rampage-0 at around 160F which is still long as the gods and will fuck over your meme potential anyways. JT wins because does normal DB rotations and doesn't force you to meme to get its extra damage when you PA rotate. Don't forget Thundering Blades home as well. Reaver at best is the best DB you can have on hand for a dual weapon BoHu build or a 'I don't have JT so I got this instead' solo DB BoHu. Hardly will contest with JT ever. Gilles Weihen is a BoFi player's wet dream and does its job very well adding enough damage to it's rotations that it's like getting a free PA per shift action. There's not a JB player alive that wouldn't want this. Atra Exocet does its job and does it damn well with ridiculous power and utility behind it.

Passing up the pre-Loser Bouncer 14*s is like choosing a plastic fork in a knife fight. Just when I think SEGA is starting to understand Bouncer as they release these 14*s that open players to a non-BoHu playstyle I get this meme of a Dual Blade crammed into Loser and double down on disappointment with a skill that does about as much for the class impact as 0 gear Photon Blades.

What's a Bouncer to do tbh.

Meteor Weapon
May 5, 2018, 02:23 AM
OOT but Maidoll nails it everytime

https://twitter.com/maidoll/status/992627228084133891

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcaFJ_SVMAAhlHD.jpg

Zephyrion
May 5, 2018, 04:15 AM
It's honestly a meme because it suggests an interruption to begin with. There's also the matter Bouncer PP regen per hit is pretty damn healthy for JBs and only stands out for DBs outside PBF which in any case how rare it is for the meta combo to even spam PAs enough to put your pp in a bad position with a good base amount (around 170ish) is rare on a seasoned Bouncer.

Touching on a tangential point, but I honestly think this is pretty much the new skill issue : you need to kill your flow only to get mostly inconsequential fields. The problem actually lies more in the fields themselves, as they just don't give enough to you, or even people around you to warrant stepping out. Because let's face it, if a field gave you something like 10% critical damage or whatever, I'm preeetty sure everybody would start stepping and not mind it.

Also while Reaver is clearly not as good as Tullus, Its value certainly doesn't lie in kestrel thing. Said weapon gives you gear for as long as you're being in the air, which actually means Distraction > Blades becomes fully reliable outside of PBF. No more need to do extra PAs, and you can just abuse snatch as you'd do in PBF.

Zorak000
May 5, 2018, 01:09 PM
what are memes

anyway ya'll are right, bouncer's PAs are all covered in thick coats of armor frames; not to mention they explicitly call out Mirage Step as what you need to use to set them off, if it worked with Jet Boot Escape and Blade Movement Escape I could see it going off more, but mirage step kinda breaks up what you are normally doing. heck, let it go off with Grand Wave split-action cowards!

Passing up the pre-Loser Bouncer 14*s is like choosing a plastic fork in a knife fight. Just when I think SEGA is starting to understand Bouncer as they release these 14*s that open players to a non-BoHu playstyle I get this meme of a Dual Blade crammed into Loser and double down on disappointment with a skill that does about as much for the class impact as 0 gear Photon Blades.
yeah I'd use them if I had them, but I don't have them, so I can't use them. really, I just mean I would be more excited to get a quelle windea or the partisan than either of those (i'd be slightly excited for an akatsuki, and extremely happy to get a dual birb)

I could get a juniper with crests, but I got other stuff I'd rather have first. already got a rykros, but now im still slightly torn between sneedle or idk really, maybe an epd to free up my chronos stone for a different weapon type until some day in the way future when I need to pass the Atra Rod S4 ability up to some other monster weapon

Meteor Weapon
May 6, 2018, 01:21 AM
another one

https://twitter.com/maidoll/status/993000059917627392

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcfYJjCUwAECuki.jpg

oratank
May 6, 2018, 03:31 AM
uncheck expert checkbox problem solve

Kintama
May 6, 2018, 05:52 AM
Yup, expert is entertainment cancer, i avoid expert mpas like the goddamn pest.

Ahri
May 6, 2018, 06:14 AM
Lol :lol:

Masu
May 6, 2018, 06:20 AM
uncheck expert checkbox problem solve

:lol: So true.

[Antagonistic Mode ON] I finally got into xpert clearing it with team mates [SPOILER-BOX]waiting for Kril to come and say something about this :innocent:[/SPOILER-BOX]... Before that an average Omega Loser EQ was around 15 mins and got some over 20 mins... First run in xpert was under 7 minutes. It was like fighting the buffed "old" Loser...damn boring to play, not because I found it myself easy, just because pug was so OP that some phase were simply skipped or something, which made me quite confused after all those runs in non expert.
First thing I said to a friend after clearing the EQ:
- My pug did it sub 7mins...It was so fucking boring to play. I uncheck xpert next time.

I have yet to really uncheck it but it will most probably happen if I at least want to enjoy some EQs. Only real incentive to keep the xpert box checked is for multi run stuff where fast clearing is important to farm stuff, otherwise am not that one guy who will cry my mother because muh my boosts are wasted cause the "damn pug" was too "slow"/"weak"...

All I have to say is those who are always complaining content is too short/easy are most likely their own victims here :oops:[Antagonistic Mode OFF]

final_attack
May 6, 2018, 06:25 AM
Btw, wasn't that expert thing ...... even if you got it unchecked, once you got the requirement, you can be matched with expert players?
rng again tho ._.

Masu
May 6, 2018, 06:33 AM
Btw, wasn't that expert thing ...... even if you got it unchecked, once you got the requirement, you can be matched with expert players?
rng again tho ._.
From my understanding, Xpert capable players are most likely checking the matching option which greatly increase the odds to get a 100% xpert pug.

Zulastar
May 6, 2018, 08:41 AM
Even with a checked expert I most likely run into noobs and slackers especially at Atrum. Last run was with 2 deaths again and took 20 mins... My poor Triboost died again on it.

XrosBlader821
May 6, 2018, 09:22 AM
I don't even bother to do dragon rematch nowadays. The 14* on dragon aren't that amazing for me since I don't play Hu, Fi or Bo (I already got the Dual Birds tho) and the Cronos stone isn't that appealing either now that I know you can't use Atra weapons as fodder and thus the S4's cant be transferred to future weapons.

Legen
May 6, 2018, 04:09 PM

There are three potential uses:

1) Finally reaching 100% crit with the help of a crit ring, a well-timed release, and an extra 5 SP in one of your classes (which you'll get from leveling). That allows an Atra Bow to benefit from the S2 and S3 that increase critical damage by 3% and 4%, respectively. That way, you could have a bow with +11% damage from S-class abilities alone during Rapid Fire and gear release.

Note that the official site has a text saying "It is effective when you want to keep the gear effect, such as after annihilating Enemy!" (if google translate isn't messing it up) for this ability, which implies the released gear isn't consumed while using a bow. Once released, it's 100% crit until you die, switch to a non-braver weapon, switch to a katana and let it deplete for 12s...

2) Extra passive PP regen when switching to an Orbit katana, thanks to Katana Gear Boost. If you released gear previously, you can switch to your Orbit katana anytime you have nothing to shoot at, and benefit from the +50% PP regen of Katana Gear Boost applying multiplicatively over Orbit's +200% PP regen (5 PP/s -> 15 PP/s -> 22.5 PP/s for normal -> Orbit -> Orbit+gear).

3) If the PP increase rate of Katana Gear Boost also works with a bow, then bow-dedicated users get a massive PP boost. Katana Gear Boost increases PP recovery both passive regen and PP from normal attacks. With gear released, a fully charged normal bow shot during Rapid Fire would increase from 75.6 PP (assuming all three arrows connect) to 102.6 PP. On top of a passive +50% PP regen (5 PP/s -> 7.5 PP/s).

Tymek
May 7, 2018, 10:20 AM
D-D-D-DENGEKI INFORMATION !!! (http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/720/1720354/180508pso2dps_133.pdf)

Aratron and Och will be making an appearance in the Enga cutscene.
The names of the new Hunter Theme outfits are Rehajaw Wall (male) and Ranger Vent (female).
The new Verun weapons are all part of one Weapon Camo named Verund Angriff. Weapon categories are Sword, Partizan and Rod.
New CAST part series are Havik Series (Male CAST) and Firin Series (Female CAST).

XrosBlader821
May 7, 2018, 12:38 PM
High Level Class boost seems to increase Power by 1~5%
Rod Short Charge turns charge time to 40% of it's original value!

Poyonche
May 7, 2018, 01:13 PM
Oh the cool looking demon name is Flame Diamos. Surprised it isn't Sakkara Demon or Lord of Terror : Diablo (even tho the latter has no wings

final_attack
May 7, 2018, 07:05 PM
I assume it's main-class only?

SteveCZ
May 7, 2018, 07:35 PM
Rod Short Charge turns charge time to 40% of it's original value!

1-5%!? 40%!? huge :-o

XrosBlader821
May 7, 2018, 08:18 PM
I assume it's main-class only?

I think all of the new skills are main class only. Which means only sub-classes will benefit from the 5 new SP.
Hero won't get a high level class boost apparently.

final_attack
May 7, 2018, 08:27 PM
I think all of the new skills are main class only. Which means only sub-classes will benefit from the 5 new SP.

Ah, I thought the info (if High Level Class Bonus is main class only or not is listed on the Dengeki pdf) .....
Well, I guess we'll just have to wait .... soon XD
Hmm ... Lv5 FlashTech isn't bad, I guess, if it's indeed main-class only (for pure sub purpose)

Thanks XD

XrosBlader821
May 7, 2018, 08:44 PM
Ah, I thought the info (if High Level Class Bonus is main class only or not is listed on the Dengeki pdf) .....
Well, I guess we'll just have to wait .... soon XD
Hmm ... Lv5 FlashTech isn't bad, I guess, if it's indeed main-class only (for pure sub purpose)

Thanks XD

Well I went through the text again and it only specifically mentions the level 85 skills as being main class only. So perhaps we are looking at a all class skill here Guess we'll find out on Wednesday.

Edit:
Limit Break insurance disadvantage increases Cooldown duration by 20s on first time its being used, 35s on the second time and 46s on the third time. It resets only once the quest ends, a successful Limit break won't fix it.

S-Roll Arts range will be roughly increased to the range of Shift Period.

Jutis Weapon Series will only support S1 and S2. Lumiere Weapon series (14*) only support S1, S2 and S3.

DavidAG
May 8, 2018, 04:30 AM
Oh well guess the limit break insurance is going to have 0 use, those cd increases are way too insane

SteveCZ
May 8, 2018, 06:07 AM
That's actually OK to me about the LB. It gives a clear distinction for safety vs dmg and Player is given broader, optional choice.

Arada
May 8, 2018, 06:31 AM
And also gives a way for FI to use LB without penalizing the party/MPA in rematches where the number of deaths is limited for instance.

XrosBlader821
May 8, 2018, 07:52 AM
I personally think the Insurance Skill is fine. A Skilled player won't die anyway, a casual player is just going to survive and not drag the party down in Single party quests and there is always the option of making a little less cookie cutter Affixes and instead increase Defense/HP a little. Losing a few ATK on affixes isn't as crucial as losing a 20% attack buff (that triggers like half of the Tree).

And there is still the possibility that Iron Will procs over LB insurance so you're only gonna see this penalty 25% of the time. Besides survivability on not-Hunter is always a welcome thing imo.

Masu
May 8, 2018, 08:15 AM
Not sure if this question belong to this topic or the quick question thread but are we getting another no maintenace week with this update?

Legen
May 8, 2018, 08:30 AM

That assuming the boost skills require SP. They may be like the lv 85 ones, which are shown in the video to not spend SP.

About main class only, that would be consistent with how Rare Mastery <class> is, so I expect that.

Legen
May 8, 2018, 08:34 AM
Not sure if this question belong to this topic or the quick question thread but are we getting another no maintenace week with this update?

Pretty sure not, there's a huge update coming

otakun
May 8, 2018, 08:37 AM

pretty sure it was only no maint last week was due to golden week holiday.

Dark Mits
May 8, 2018, 09:00 AM
Dibs on extended maintenance this week, with a 50% forecast of emergency maintenance at some point during the next.

Loveless62
May 8, 2018, 09:01 AM
An extended Maintenance (http://pso2.jp/players/news/21570/) will occur this week on Wednesday 5/9/2018 between 10:00am-5:00pm JST (Tuesday 5/8/2018 9:00pm-4:00am EST).

A PSO2 patch update without a maintenance period would be strange. However, in case you meant next week instead of this week, then I do not know.

XrosBlader821
May 8, 2018, 09:29 AM
That assuming the boost skills require SP. They may be like the lv 85 ones, which are shown in the video to not spend SP.

About main class only, that would be consistent with how Rare Mastery <class> is, so I expect that.

Tbh. it kinda doesn't make sense to make the skill 0/5 unless each level past level 80 allows to level it up for free. But I believe if that was the case then Sega would make a bigger deal out of it since that's how they threat the level 85 skills. So atm it looks more like the High Level Class Boost Skill is not only gonna eat up all of the new SP but also Incentivereise people to level up their subclass (since there won't be level 85/85 exclusive content for a while). After all we're only getting skill tree reset passes this week because of minor buffs to Fo and Te.

Saffran
May 8, 2018, 09:40 AM
I may have seen this wrong but the new Loser trigger seems to be 85/85.
In any case, those high level boos will eat up all new SP from leveling up. Why the free power boost? I really don't get it.

Masu
May 8, 2018, 09:57 AM
@Otakun, Dark Mits, Loveless: Derp I should not rely exclusively on google calendar :D I was finding it weird considering nature of this update hence my question. And lol an additional emergency maintenance will most likely happen, 100% agree. Thanks.

XrosBlader821
May 8, 2018, 10:27 AM
In any case, those high level boos will eat up all new SP from leveling up. Why the free power boost? I really don't get it.
Trigger Loser may be level 85 but that doesn't mean its a 85/85 content. Solo PD for example requires 75/75 but the enemy is level 80.

Saffran
May 8, 2018, 01:48 PM
What Imeant was that they show the room being created for the Loser trigger and it shows 85/85 but maybe it's a deliberate choice by the person who made the room.

millefeuille
May 8, 2018, 05:12 PM
Well, I guess now is a good time to get back into PSO2. Time to go play the Visiphone game again~. 8-)

SteveCZ
May 8, 2018, 11:25 PM
Poor Heroes if the Loser trigger is minimum lv 85 reminding that they ain't getting that 85. :lol: So yeah I guess it's just the person being 85/85.

MightyHarken
May 8, 2018, 11:55 PM
What makes people think Hero isn't getting lv 85?

final_attack
May 8, 2018, 11:57 PM

Well, at least no news so far (and this time only listed standard classes) ...... most likely getting 85 in the future, but not right now.

Edit :
Someone translate this? ...... It's .... Class-cube relaxation for SP order, right?

[SPOILER-BOX]以下のクライアントオーダーにおいて、達成に必要な「クラスエクスキューブ」の数を緩和します 。
フォースの極致を追求・Ⅰ~Ⅳ
テクターの極致を追求・Ⅰ~Ⅳ
バウンサーの極致を追求・Ⅰ~Ⅳ
ブレイバーの極致を追求・Ⅰ~Ⅳ
ハンターの極致を追求・Ⅰ~Ⅳ
ファイターの極致を追求・Ⅰ~Ⅳ
サモナーの極致を追求・Ⅰ~Ⅳ
レンジャーの極致を追求・Ⅰ~Ⅳ
ガンナーの極致を追求・Ⅰ~Ⅳ
ヒーローの極致を追求・Ⅰ~Ⅳ[/SPOILER-BOX]

Taken from here (bottom) (http://pso2.jp/players/news/21608/)

Dugs
May 9, 2018, 12:46 AM

Ever? No one is thinking that.

Now? They literally fucking said it was for every class besides Hero.

Additionally, they typically make exceptions for Hero ANYWAY, since it's not like they can have a subclass that's level 80.

SteveCZ
May 9, 2018, 01:41 AM

This thread is clearly "Next Update 05/09/2018". See ya in the future thread with info about Hero that will get level 85. You're too early. :lol:

GHNeko
May 9, 2018, 02:06 AM
I personally think the Insurance Skill is fine. A Skilled player won't die anyway

what?

no

do you know how obnoxious enemy attacks can get when you're soloing without IW/AM/MH to carry your LB? FiHu have JG frames on TD normals and certain PAs, super generous iframes for knux weaves and certain PAs and everything that is dc0 and acro effect on top of wind parry.

It's less about being skilled and more about abusing survival skills, JG, and iframes which FiHu has plenty of but FiBr and FiBo don't have anywhere near the same luxury. I can play out of my mind and clearly outpace the people around me until I get clipped by a hitbox that doesn't match the enemy's physical model due to the excessive amount of hate I can generate.

And then you're telling me that the the increases on LBI are just fine when literally only FiHu can shrug off the penalties and Fi/X cannot?

homie please tell me you're not being real with me rn because that penalty is absolute bollocks. ESPECIALLY if IW takes priority over LBI because it'll be yet another case of "FiHu wins again!" and "PSTeam literally cannot stop gobbling FiHu cock"

wefwq
May 9, 2018, 02:47 AM
I just paid my Fi excube SP few days ago and today they reducing amount of excubes required for each COs, i feel cheated.

ArcaneTechs
May 9, 2018, 03:49 AM
FI/HU will always win with the current skill setup, no way around it. the only ppl i know picking up LBI are bad FI/HUs or in your case hybrid classes like FI/BR

XrosBlader821
May 9, 2018, 04:54 AM
what?

no

do you know how obnoxious enemy attacks can get when you're soloing without IW/AM/MH to carry your LB?

Yes and I also seen skilled players that just do not get hit in solo content ever. If you think the penalty is bollocks then don't level it up. Judging by the recent Dengeki article that's exactly what Sega wants you to do if you disagree with the disadvantages.

And then you're telling me that the the increases on LBI are just fine when literally only FiHu can shrug off the penalties and Fi/X cannot?
I thought we established that sega doesn't care about non-meta builds since killing weapon extension and introducing main class weapon bonus titles. Maybe Yasha-NT made you think otherwise but yeah Sega won't release a all class weapon nowadays without a serious flaw Yasha-NT's flaw capitalizes on the lack of survivability.

AnikaSteinberg
May 9, 2018, 05:07 AM
Hello there, would anyone co-confirm that the High Level Class bonus also works even when learned for subclass?
(It doesn't say the "main-class only" restriction, but it does specify the class that learns it so I had to check it out.)

I've tested over here and the numbers do check out, but I need to at least confirm with a few other players to finally hit the nail.

Thanks in advance.

Loveless62
May 9, 2018, 06:16 AM
Nice choice for the campaign this week!

And now it's time for that sweet, sweet storage.

Edit: the new Enchanted Forest 14*s have no s4 slot LUL.

final_attack
May 9, 2018, 06:42 AM
@Anika
Should be applicable as sub-class too .... though yea, would like to know more (I did reset and then maximize it, but I forgot how much damage I did without that skill).

And, level grinding for Hu would be extremely painful if I'm not lucky with Bonus Quest keys.

XrosBlader821
May 9, 2018, 06:55 AM
Nope it isn't main class only so it seems Regular classes got a 10% Power boost it seems.

GHNeko
May 9, 2018, 07:21 AM
Yes and I also seen skilled players that just do not get hit in solo content ever. If you think the penalty is bollocks then don't level it up. Judging by the recent Dengeki article that's exactly what Sega wants you to do if you disagree with the disadvantages.

solo content doesnt have nearly as much nonsense as non-solo content, which is generally harder to solo anyways.

and even then, a good chunk if not more of good players STILL get clipped and hit by things and just dont end up dying due to crutch skills.

Also the fuck you mean b @ that's what sega wants you to do. they absolutely want you to take that shit and not "think about it" that's why they're gimmies that work with the meta combos to apologize for hero.

its especially a fucking gimmie for FiHu because IW takes priority on it, there is very little reason not to get it other than "i dont want to gamble on RNG not to trigger LBI cooldowns" which is no different than "I dont want to gamble on IW"

they're in the same category.

the penalty is ass. it's not fine. it's not good. it's not even hard. outside of Su and Fo, all the damn skills leave ridiculous amounts to be desired, but they're still basically gimmies because they're 0 SP cost and are designed to work with the classes ps team keeps trying to push.

Ezodagrom
May 9, 2018, 07:29 AM
Hello there, would anyone co-confirm that the High Level Class bonus also works even when learned for subclass?
(It doesn't say the "main-class only" restriction, but it does specify the class that learns it so I had to check it out.)

I've tested over here and the numbers do check out, but I need to at least confirm with a few other players to finally hit the nail.

Thanks in advance.
Tried it out with HU/FI using guilty break against a non-weak point and wrong element enemy.
Before putting 5 points into the FI high level class bonus (subclass), did around 29k-ish, and after putting the 5 points, did around 31k-ish, so the high level class bonus in a subclass does stack with the main class.

XrosBlader821
May 9, 2018, 08:05 AM
Also the fuck you mean b @ that's what sega wants you to do. they absolutely want you to take that shit and not "think about it" that's why they're gimmies that work with the meta combos to apologize for hero.

I mean what I said. You can read the Dengeki Article and translate it for yourself. If you don't like the Penalty then don't level this skill. It doesn't cost SP so you have the option to do so at any time. This is also the exact same thing people will say when you bring up that the new Su skill makes Deadline strats slower.

But lets say the Insurance skill wouldn't have the penalty. GGwp Fighter is now basically immortal. Not only you have some of the best damage multipliers to work with, you also have Hero Will that isn't once per quest any time you activate Limit Break. Might as well spend the 10 SP of IW on HP ups to make Death even less likely or go full cookie cutter because LBI would take the Risk out of the Risk & Reward class that is Fighter without reducing the reward too much.

Ultimately I find it a little ridiculous to call a skill bad just because it has a penalty that prevents it from being OP on any build possible. You have to play carefully and not die with or without it or affix accordingly & party with a Te to make death as unlikely as possible. Also I think you're extremely overselling the "Dying because of random BS". We aren't playing Phantasy Star Nova.

GHNeko
May 9, 2018, 08:27 AM
I mean what I said. You can read the Dengeki Article and translate it for yourself. If you don't like the Penalty then don't level this skill. It doesn't cost SP so you have the option to do so at any time. This is also the exact same thing people will say when you bring up that the new Su skill makes Deadline strats slower.

But lets say the Insurance skill wouldn't have the penalty. GGwp Fighter is now basically immortal. Not only you have some of the best damage multipliers to work with, you also have Hero Will that isn't once per quest any time you activate Limit Break. Might as well spend the 10 SP of IW on HP ups to make Death even less likely or go full cookie cutter because LBI would take the Risk out of the Risk & Reward class that is Fighter without reducing the reward too much.

Ultimately I find it a little ridiculous to call a skill bad just because it has a penalty that prevents it from being OP on any build possible. You have to play carefully and not die with or without it or affix accordingly & party with a Te to make death as unlikely as possible. Also I think you're extremely overselling the "Dying because of random BS". We aren't playing Phantasy Star Nova.

Man I'm not saying it shouldnt have a penalty.

I'm saying that 15s or 20s or w/e i've been seeing is fairly hefty and ultimately loses value compared to IW.I was fine with it being 5-10s and taking priority over IW because at least then it becomes an ACTUAL choice on whether to take LBI with IW or opt for a different build, or leave LBI altogether.

And that goes for a lot of the new skills. They add very little value when PS Team themselves said they were trying to address the weaknesses of each class. Fo's skill isnt even addressing a weakness with the class, its addressing the weakness with ROD which is "its generally nothing but a compound stick." And even then, Rod saw its own use over talis due to convenience, speed and misc QoL skills attached to the weapon, so it's not even like Rod saw 0 use outside of compounds. Bo's skills doesnt even address a weakness period UNLESS its x/Bo in which sure, but then the skills are main class. Which is ??? as not all these skills need to be main class lmao.

The skills in a vacuum aren't good and arguably aren't worth the cons or even the pros if it wasnt for the fact its 0 SP. Why bother adding skills that generally give a lukewarm response at best from the general populace, especially after hearing complaint after complaint from your intended playerbase on how much it sucks that Hero is that much stronger than the rest of the standard classes? They could have done a lot of things, and this is all they could come up with.

And homie, im not overselling everything. There are dozens among dozens of instances where off-screen hitboxes and mismatched hitboxes will kill me and players in generally shrug the same attacks off and do not commit them to memory because they tank/survive that shit just fine. EP1-4 LQ is vividly burned in my mind due to the excessive range and size of the hitboxes from several of the enemies in the quest when running that shit as FiBr.

Zephyrion
May 9, 2018, 01:41 PM
LB insurance penalty is bad for a single and very simple reason : its consequences are actually worse than death even on first death (barring quests with a death count like rematch Dragon). Remember, when you die with LB you already get a penalty, aside from eating the ground and doing nothing, which is the remaining duration of LB turning into additional cooldown time..

The time you spend without access to LB is actually a huge thing, since you lose 20% damage + crazy heart + crazy beat + HP/PP regen whenever you're not waltzing with death. LB pushes FI strengths (top notch damage and sustain) above other classes because without it, it's actually weaker than other melee classes. 20 seconds on top of a possibly lengthy cooldown if you died early in LB is basically a penalty that is far worse than even Hero Boost loss. On the other hand, dying, while being inconvenient and punishing enough, doesn't lock one of your core abilities with a lengthy cooldown. Sure the skill is completely optional so it's nothing to be overly sad about but it actually makes FI's main shortcoming (a.k.a overreliance on LB to do anything decent) more apparent rather than alleviating it

Azure Falcon
May 9, 2018, 02:56 PM
So to trade for a Lumiere you need to have a +35 Schevelle of the same type, which requires dumb luck or grinding some of the worst quests in the game for CFs that end in 2 months (because nobody actually went out of their way for a Schevelle ages ago). Then you need to buy a demon weapon, get that to +35 and upgrade it. Then you need to be lucky enough to get not just the Jutus you want, but enough copies to +35 it as well. And all that for a 14* which doesn't have an S4 slot and has the lowest 14* stats.

Yeah, I can't see there will be too many people bothering with these.

XrosBlader821
May 9, 2018, 03:17 PM
So to trade for a Lumiere you need to have a +35 Schevelle of the same type, which requires dumb luck or grinding some of the worst quests in the game for CFs that end in 2 months (because nobody actually went out of their way for a Schevelle ages ago). Then you need to buy a demon weapon, get that to +35 and upgrade it. Then you need to be lucky enough to get not just the Jutus you want, but enough copies to +35 it as well. And all that for a 14* which doesn't have an S4 slot and has the lowest 14* stats.

Eh, I got enough materials to actually go and get Jutis & Upgrade it but Lumiere is just like 2% stronger (1 affix slot not occupied by S4 should even out the lower ATK compared to Atra) and has one of the least popular S4 abilities attached as the potential. It's just not worth it imo.

What worries me is the Pot of the Demon weapons. It looks identical to the Solo PD one if that mean we're gonna get a Solo Dragon Rematch Trigger then count me out.

echofaith
May 9, 2018, 03:35 PM

It is indeed too much effort for so little gain. I actually got 6 copies of all weapons I favor by doing dragon and buster EQs just in case they were needed in the future, but I am not wasting my meseta for this.

Loveless62
May 9, 2018, 03:46 PM
What worries me is the Pot of the Demon weapons. It looks identical to the Solo PD one if that mean we're gonna get a Solo Dragon Rematch Trigger then count me out.
To me, it looks like the potential you are referring to actually applies to the 4-man Dragon Rematch that we already have.

The potential halves all incoming damage for that quest (or specifically from the dragon?). That's a pretty large effect. Is it worth the effort? Meh IMO.

ArcaneTechs
May 10, 2018, 02:38 AM
LBI: the skill that kills your DPS!

Altiea
May 10, 2018, 03:23 AM
Lumiere is actually a teeny bit stronger than Atra before SSAs, and you can theoretically get as many of them as you want as long as you get the right Jutus weapons and have enough resources to throw at it. Its Pot even gives you an extra bonus via a pseudo-Hero Will and ladles HP regen on top if you use the Hero Will effect. Lumiere could make solid sub weapons given the right investment.

DavidAG
May 10, 2018, 05:50 AM
I wonder if each Lumiere weapon has its own hero will proc...

Loveless62
May 10, 2018, 06:51 AM
LBI: the skill that kills your DPS!
Only if you get hit. atpRtsd

Edit: Of course, if you don't get hit, it doesn't matter if you take the skill or not. LUL

GHNeko
May 10, 2018, 10:17 PM
Only if you get hit. atpRtsd

Edit: Of course, if you don't get hit, it doesn't matter if you take the skill or not. LUL

yo that's the shit that gets to me the most lmfao

its a skill that only matters when you take a fatal hit, else it doesnt even matter. so in the context of it being used

NotLikeThis

wefwq
May 11, 2018, 05:47 AM
Single-party trigger Omega Loser will be level 80/80 for players while the OFL himself will be level 85.

https://youtu.be/SIe7TYW6aAk?t=2m39s
https://imgur.com/NyLZImzhttps://imgur.com/NyLZImzhttps://i.imgur.com/NyLZImz.png

Dugs
May 11, 2018, 05:50 AM
Additionally, the main site updated, saying that indeed, it is 80/80 reg classes and 80 for Hero.

Saffran
May 11, 2018, 06:39 AM
Oh, so the 85 was the boss level, sorry.
Also I found out that if you're lv 80 you can get the high level boost up to 5 as long as you have unused SP (and who wouldn't?) So it didn't work like I thought it would.

I thought the point of that ultimate BO skill was to free so many panels on your palette tbh.

XrosBlader821
May 11, 2018, 07:47 AM
Yes and they could've made a far better job with the Bouncer skill if you could activate it with a well timed weapon action instead of Mirage step.
They made 2 fields, that barely boost DPS if at all, activate with a move, that slows your DPS down.
Creating good skills consistently isn't Segas strength.

GHNeko
May 11, 2018, 10:41 AM
I thought the point of that ultimate BO skill was to free so many panels on your palette tbh.

people can just swap lesser used actives to another subpalette lol

also if lv85 skill is just to free up space on subpalette than that's even worse

Saffran
May 11, 2018, 11:32 AM
2 free slots in my Bo palette and the promise to never lose time having to reactivate those fields again (basically granting pesudo infinite uptime) sound like a QoL improvement, honestly. Then again, I don't play Bo anymore so...

GHNeko
May 11, 2018, 11:55 AM
2 free slots in my Bo palette and the promise to never lose time having to reactivate those fields again (basically granting pesudo infinite uptime) sound like a QoL improvement, honestly. Then again, I don't play Bo anymore so...

then homie you havnt been played bo in ages.

Bo fields dont have animations anymore, so there is no lost DPS time to activate them. it's exactly like CT and stance swap now.

also these skills arent supposed to be QoL improvements lmao

XrosBlader821
May 11, 2018, 01:54 PM
I'll give Te the benefit of the doubt with it's skill since the PA comes out soon™ but half of the new skills is filled just weird experiments that are trying to fix issues in the dumbest way possible. "Nobody uses Traps so lets make a skill that gives them more purpose" instead of simply improving Traps so that these skills see more use during level 1~84. "No Force main uses Photon Flare unironically so lets make a skill that makes Photon flare worth for 20 sec" instead of simply improving the skill so that People skill around it from the beginning. Can't wait to see the free level 90 Skills that are going to try and make First Hit, Freeze/Poison Ignition, Elemental Burst or stuff like Normal Tech Advance appealing (although giving Bo's history Sega will probably just give it Craft Mastery EX).

Terrence
May 11, 2018, 03:21 PM
https://i.imgur.com/qitP6D2.png

I didn't expect it to be a cake walk but... even though those numbers are crazy they are very underwhelming for me. There have been 6201 14★ drops in Enchanted Forest XH so far and only one of those weapons was an Elder Pain Omega (0,016%). I think I'm screwed for good.

Altiea
May 11, 2018, 05:01 PM
https://i.imgur.com/qitP6D2.png

I didn't expect it to be a cake walk but... even though those numbers are crazy they are very underwhelming for me. There have been 6201 14★ drops in Enchanted Forest XH so far and only one of those weapons was an Elder Pain Omega (0,016%). I think I'm screwed for good.

That's because Elder Pain Omega is specific to Omega Hunar only. The rest of the 14*s except Yasminkov 4000FJ, Blanc Absolute, Motav Grimoire, and Reaver Garola are area drops, so there's a much higher chance to get them. Yas, Blanc, Motav, Reaver, and EPO are boss drops only.

XrosBlader821
May 11, 2018, 05:28 PM
According to the Japanese Wiki (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%82%BF%E3% 83%BC#lb_insurance) Limit Break insurance DOES reset it's penalty if the Insurance Skill isn't triggered during LB. Also the Cooldown extensions are much more punishing than what the Dengeki article described. So good to hear they were a reliable source on that front.

https://i.imgur.com/ooPmXzk.png

GHNeko
May 11, 2018, 06:54 PM
According to the Japanese Wiki (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%82%BF%E3% 83%BC#lb_insurance) Limit Break insurance DOES reset it's penalty if the Insurance Skill isn't triggered during LB. Also the Cooldown extensions are much more punishing than what the Dengeki article described. So good to hear they were a reliable source on that front.

https://i.imgur.com/ooPmXzk.png

okay if it resets after a successful LB, I can deal with that. That just gives credence to LB5 over LB10.