PDA

View Full Version : have a few questions! (new player)

chaoslordd
Apr 30, 2018, 08:03 PM
hi! i recently started playing pso 2 and i have a few questions regarding the story, any answers would be appreciatted!.
1) i saw that ep1-3 have been removed, and instead is this so called omnibus which is basically quests for ep1-3, how well does omnibus explains the story in comparsion to the original ep 1-3? is it better to just watch the cutscenes on the cutscene viewer?
2) omnibus is accesed after a few quests in ep5, should i start ep 5, rush there and unlock ep1-3 or should i play ep4 first?
3) this is more of a technical side and not so important, but im having an infinite load screen when i start the first quest on ep5, any other quests has worked fine till now, has anyone had this issue?.
4) are omnibus quests translated to english (with the patch)?
this is mostly it, thanks!

Anduril
May 1, 2018, 12:59 AM
hi! i recently started playing pso 2 and i have a few questions regarding the story, any answers would be appreciatted!.
1) i saw that ep1-3 have been removed, and instead is this so called omnibus which is basically quests for ep1-3, how well does omnibus explains the story in comparsion to the original ep 1-3? is it better to just watch the cutscenes on the cutscene viewer?
2) omnibus is accesed after a few quests in ep5, should i start ep 5, rush there and unlock ep1-3 or should i play ep4 first?
3) this is more of a technical side and not so important, but im having an infinite load screen when i start the first quest on ep5, any other quests has worked fine till now, has anyone had this issue?.
4) are omnibus quests translated to english (with the patch)?
this is mostly it, thanks!

The omnibus quest rearranges things a bit in Ep.2 and Ep.3, and in general cuts some of the fat, so it is pretty useful since it presents events in order (both main and subevents, which are separated out in the Event Chronicle). It is really up to you where you want to start, though there are some things at the beginning of Ep.5 that might not make sense if you don't have some of the Ep.1-4 story knowledge. As far as I know, most of the Omnibus quests are translated, though there are some scenes that may not be (which may be translated when viewed through the Event Chronicle).

As for the infinite loading, you should try running a file check.

chaoslordd
May 1, 2018, 10:00 AM
thanks for the answer!, guess i ll try rushing ep 5 till i unlock omnibus and then re watch ep5 cutscenes on event chronicle till that point.
unfortuantly i seem to be having trouble to pass that infinite loading, thought it would be easier to fix, file check didnt help, running normal launcher also didnt, so idk what could be wrong. anyways thanks for the info!

Dragwind
May 2, 2018, 07:11 PM
I second what Anduril said. Last time I peeked at the omnibus quests I did find a part here and there that was untranslated, but it shouldn't interfere with grasping what's going on. A decent part of Ep. 5 last time I checked was still untranslated (someone correct me if I'm wrong) so if you really want to get into the story, I'd probably start from the beginning. If you want to get a feel for the Ep.5 story and theme, I recall a good portion of the beginning being translated if my memory serves me.

Dark Mits
May 3, 2018, 01:27 AM
Regarding the infinite loading, try defragmenting your hard drive. PSO2 has over 60000 files, some are larger than 200MB in size. It is possible they are scattered so much that your machine struggles to fetch them, especially if you have a laptop with a 5400RPM drive.

chaoslordd
May 3, 2018, 04:00 PM
Regarding the infinite loading, try defragmenting your hard drive. PSO2 has over 60000 files, some are larger than 200MB in size. It is possible they are scattered so much that your machine struggles to fetch them, especially if you have a laptop with a 5400RPM drive.

will try thanks!