PDA

View Full Version : So, Endless Quests are Coming this Week, Interested?

the_importer_
Jun 4, 2018, 07:15 AM
Well, unlike the Challenge Quests, these seem to allow to use your actual classes and gear, so that's a plus, but besides unlocking some titles, what else will we get from doing these? I don't recall reading about a shop that will allow you to trade for Endless Quests Points. These need to have a purpose before fading into obscurity in within a month.

SteveCZ
Jun 4, 2018, 07:29 AM
Not really sure on this one for me. The word endless kinda speaks it can get boring really quickly. But hey it's something new, always hyped for it.

I haven't really check about it much, what are the rewards from it anyway?

final_attack
Jun 4, 2018, 07:57 AM
Gonna have to see what rewards that comes with it ..... I think there are Falz Wings (some variants) ......
Does we get extra currency to trade items we want, like CM?
I wonder if those Falz Wings are drop only.

Zulastar
Jun 4, 2018, 10:27 AM
I wonder if those Falz Wings are drop only.
Bumped says these are title rewards.

As for Endless Quest - I'm sure it'll be another thing in a row along with CM. PvP, Limited, Ultimate, Riding and Busters which I'm already have no time and will for.

KaizoKage
Jun 4, 2018, 11:15 AM
Maybe they give a lot of EXP and some 14* stuff

Flatflyer
Jun 4, 2018, 12:09 PM
Maybe they give a lot of EXP and some 14* stuff

EXP will definitely be good considering most of the stages are going to be last years anniversary LQ missions, which were known for giving out insane amounts of EXP.

it just depends on how high of a level you have to be to access XH, if its just 75/75 then you could def get your classes maxed out pretty quickly from it most likely.

Zorak000
Jun 4, 2018, 01:45 PM
half of ep1-4 quest's EXP came from the magatsu sai, and the areas you encounter are in a random order. it'll also have the buster field limited quest from new year's thrown in as well.

but yeah, all this means is that either Enchanted Forest dies off outside of campaign boosts, or it doesn't reward well enough and people ignore it.

that said, it's 4-player content, so like the most recent extreme quests, you just need a couple friends if you really wanna farm that for whatever it offers anyway.

my prediction: there could be 14* drops, but it could be a more permanent home to cosmetic drops like *Coat Edge, and on the hopeful side maybe be a better source for Slave/Nemesis NT weapons, because the drop rates in ult nab/lilipa are butt even when they DO have increased base drop rates

Flatflyer
Jun 5, 2018, 12:36 AM
If anything, I hope they add Quelle Glitter to the endless quest, considering it'll be completely unavailable when easter goes away if it isnt there.

エリュシオン
Jun 5, 2018, 01:23 AM
If anything, I hope they add Quelle Glitter to the endless quest, considering it'll be completely unavailable when easter goes away if it isnt there.

I have a feeling all the seasonal 14*s will drop in Christmas 2018 as well. Just a feeling though. (´・ω・`)

wefwq
Jun 5, 2018, 03:26 AM
How they barely give any information made me skeptical. Wonder what kind of carrots they'll put for us in this quest, aside from the title reward.

Dark Mits
Jun 5, 2018, 03:35 AM
I'm a fan of "finite" content, with an ending point. I dislike quests/events that give you a time limit and ask you to kill/collect/perform actions as many times as possible without a hard limit. Having a time limit for a finishable quest is ok with me (like AQ).

Of course I will try it, of course I will farm it, but I don't think I will have as much "fun" from it as I have from farming Free Field for example.

SteveCZ
Jun 5, 2018, 04:57 AM
If it can give guaranteed demonias as a trade, I'd eat that carrot. The pole as well. I'll be the fan of infinite quest until I get them olllll.

Of course it's unlikely to happen. :lol:

Hysteria1987
Jun 5, 2018, 05:23 AM
EXP will definitely be good considering most of the stages are going to be last years anniversary LQ missions, which were known for giving out insane amounts of EXP.Well now I'm definitely interested, I loved those quests... plus I've got a lot of levelling to do, I just couldn't stomach getting Braver and Hero to 80 but this'll do the trick. If them expensive camos drop, or 14*s and Bodes, well that's just gravy.

KaizoKage
Jun 5, 2018, 11:56 AM
I just hope the translation team can translate those missions fast or else we'll be randomly killing stuff just to figure out if we killed the correct enemies or if we're even doing the correct thing to finish a mission :v

the_importer_
Jun 5, 2018, 05:22 PM
I just hope the translation team can translate those missions fast or else we'll be randomly killing stuff just to figure out if we killed the correct enemies or if we're even doing the correct thing to finish a mission :v

If you're not a Patreon already, perhaps you could spare a buck or 2 per month, this could help the translation team.

jooozek
Jun 5, 2018, 08:13 PM
no 14* at a reasonable rate like ench forest = dead on arrival

KlTSUNE
Jun 5, 2018, 09:47 PM
At least sega is pumping out new content right when forest was getting hella boring.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 5, 2018, 09:52 PM
im still waiting to see what drops and how drop rates are, i still dont see the appeal this quest yet outside a PSOz memory

If you're not a Patreon already, perhaps you could spare a buck or 2 per month, this could help the translation team.
the shill is real

the_importer_
Jun 5, 2018, 10:14 PM
im still waiting to see what drops and how drop rates are, i still dont see the appeal this quest yet outside a PSOz memory

the shill is real

No shills here, but I do see a cheap parasite.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 5, 2018, 10:45 PM
when i see them not take a long time to update story mode and heck go out of their way to translate everything or 99% of it, i'll give them money for their effort

the_importer_
Jun 5, 2018, 11:02 PM
when i see them not take a long time to update story mode and heck go out of their way to translate everything or 99% of it, i'll give them money for their effort

And the work they've been doing before their Patreon account (2017), that doesn't count for shit? The majority of us that can't read Japanese wouldn't be playing this game if it weren't for their translation. You don't want to contribute financially, fine, but show a little respect for once in your life.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 5, 2018, 11:59 PM
And the work they've been doing before their Patreon account (2017), that doesn't count for shit? The majority of us that can't read Japanese wouldn't be playing this game if it weren't for their translation. You don't want to contribute financially, fine, but show a little respect for once in your life.
all i ever hear from people is that story takes forever to translate (even though they say it takes a lot of work but i've seen other games get translated fast with very small teams) and just other stuff that would be nice to have translated.

I don't use Tweaker/translation patch though if thats saying anything. i wasnt looking for a fight either but you came off hostile pretty quick buddy

wefwq
Jun 6, 2018, 01:08 AM
How translator works for free/not have nothing to do with endless quest, so let's change the pace.
Icon thread next door contain few images from the quest tutorial popup, i'll just dump some that looked relevant here.

https://i.imgur.com/jrgdiS6.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/yvZg8lT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qaaRhKz.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/k81nYWl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Ev48SGD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jWq2Odm.jpg

KaizoKage
Jun 6, 2018, 03:21 AM

I can spare a few bucks, I already donated to seiryl and bumped, but translation team? wheres that?

that's a sad thing to assume and I hate you for that.

Sirius-91
Jun 6, 2018, 04:05 AM
We pretty much slowed down due to life events and such, which has impacted the ability for us to do the things we wanted to touch in the game.
Things like story translations, they take a lot of work for a proper polish and to meet people's expectations as well.

k

Patreon money goes to our server bills, hardly goes to our translations, but money wouldn't really persuade us in working harder. The community is mostly a toxic playerbase that chews everyone out and makes us all bitter, myself included.

Small petty fights that happen here or in our discord or even shitty events, like the whole webmoney fiasco. We stopped caring about winning people's hearts and do what we want to do as far as the direction of the translations go.

tl;dr we don't care if they like us or not, we do it cause we like the game.

final_attack
Jun 6, 2018, 04:25 AM
Not sure where to put this ..... but ..... new affixes written as レッサー

- Lesser(?) Stamina ( I / II / III ) = 15 / 35 / 45
- Lesser(?) Power ( I / II ) = 5 / 15

There's Shoot/Tech/Spirita .... so, I would assume all "lesser(?)" stat increase affix should be there .....

wefwq
Jun 6, 2018, 04:42 AM
3 runs, the stage for each run is identical but just shuffled around. Hardest stage being DF loser, ultimate amduscia & anga.

https://i.imgur.com/0VRsJhp.jpg

Just find out that the quest give new affix.
Lesser power/shot/tech I +5 atk
Lesser spirita +1 pp
Lesser stamina +15 hp

final_attack
Jun 6, 2018, 05:59 AM
3 runs, the stage for each run is identical but just shuffled around. Hardest stage being DF loser, ultimate amduscia & anga.
You haven't seen solo run with most of the mission is kill from behind (when the class isn't so good at repositioning behind the mobs and kill them outright after that) :wacko:
Anga at stage 2, where DarkBlast haven't filled, and your chosen class only have 2 weapons (which all got resisted on 2nd phase)
I started to feel this needs some rebalance for solo run, at least for rng on missions :wacko:

Gaylar
Jun 6, 2018, 06:08 AM
My first solo run gave me Loser on stage 2, Magatsu Sai on stage 3.
I swore like a damn sailor the minute I saw that happen

[spoiler-box]https://i.imgur.com/HXpaRya.png[/spoiler-box]
All I got so far

Incase it hasn't been posted yet and anyone is wondering:
A wings reward from 8m points in what I assume is Free (can also be obtained from 4-class)
B wings reward from 7m in 4-class
C wings reward from 6m in Solo.
also you get 2 to use so you can have them for every character

If you run into loser, magatsu, or ult amdu with anga before stage 11ish I suggest restart unless you're really packing on your DPS :wacko:
this is pretty fun tho

the_importer_
Jun 6, 2018, 06:20 AM
......i wasnt looking for a fight either but you came off hostile pretty quick buddy

Dude you called shill, that's an insult if I ever seen one. You got off easy BTW, guess I was feeling generous last night.

I can spare a few bucks, I already donated to seiryl and bumped, but translation team? wheres that?

https://www.patreon.com/PSO2

that's a sad thing to assume and I hate you for that.

Bro, as a general rule on this forum, if Kril posts something and someone replies something negative and/or hurtfull, it's normally directed at him.

@Sirius-91 & AIDA

I know you guys aren't using that Patreon money for weekly filet mignon diners, but at the end of the day, if it helps to save some cash for your monthly hosting, then it probably helps into relieving some of that "toxic community" stress.

jooozek
Jun 6, 2018, 06:22 AM
i didn't know they are just gonna literally copypaste ep1-4 lq from last year
what a shitshow

Kondibon
Jun 6, 2018, 06:31 AM
what a shitshowIsn't that exactly what they said it was? Old LQs back to back in one quest. It wasn't a secret.

jooozek
Jun 6, 2018, 06:35 AM
all i read on bumped is "Familiar areas will appear at random..", didn't expect a literal copypaste

Arada
Jun 6, 2018, 06:38 AM
Any drops/good drops yet?

KaizoKage
Jun 6, 2018, 06:41 AM

what a shitshow

This patch is screaming with recycled assets from past content with different names
e.g.
Aura series recolored
ep1-4 into "endless quests"
upcoming (or is it already released?) Gix series recolored

Moffen
Jun 6, 2018, 06:51 AM
>Complain when content becomes outdated
>Complain when content gets revived

Never change PSO-W

the_importer_
Jun 6, 2018, 07:10 AM
Isn't that exactly what they said it was? Old LQs back to back in one quest. It wasn't a secret.

Don't think I've played these. Were they available anytime between October 2017 and last week?

Arada
Jun 6, 2018, 07:19 AM
They're from August/September 2017, right at the start of episode 5.

Meteor Weapon
Jun 6, 2018, 07:28 AM
>Complain when content becomes outdated
>Complain when content gets revived

Never change PSO-W

The fact that Sega hyped it at being an end broadcast teaser like its some big thing is entirely Sega's fault. Then again I saw it a mile away it using recycled maps so I didnt really anticipate it much.

echofaith
Jun 6, 2018, 07:33 AM
Curious about these lesser affixes. Hoping they stack with the regular counterpart U:

silo1991
Jun 6, 2018, 08:34 AM
how do i unlock the endless quest , i wanted to play a round and i just couldnt find it

final_attack
Jun 6, 2018, 08:36 AM
how do i unlock the endless quest , i wanted to play a round and i just couldnt find it

Walk to center elevator in quest area. Need lvl 70 too, I think.

the_importer_
Jun 6, 2018, 08:37 AM
They're from August/September 2017, right at the start of episode 5.

Guess it's new to me then, good :)

Silent_Flower
Jun 6, 2018, 08:45 AM
Lesser X do stack with normal counterparts. For transferring 1, you need 2 copies at 80%, upgrade to 2 at 70%. Transfer 2 is 70%, upgrade is 50%.

Mutation does not affect upgrade rate.

Gaylar
Jun 6, 2018, 10:52 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaand I burnt out on this already trying to get the C wings on hu

the amount of runs ive done where ill get to 4.5~5m pts with a solid 3~4 mins left, only to get magatsu, loser, or anga+dragons has left me pretty infuriated, at this point id rather my chances getting the 14*s i want from the forest than for the game to give the run I need for the wings

that's not even counting the other stages i'm convinced they threw in just to waste your time, like the caverns one with its horrendous fucking platforming, though maybe that's just a melee problem

anyway don't do what i did and angrily spam it thinking the next run will be better, its just a recipe for disappointment :wacko:

AVO
Jun 6, 2018, 10:58 AM
4.5m solo as katana br is the highest i got for 2 tries. Some of the stage orders are not translated so i lose time and most importantly getting super cucked by 2x anga.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 6, 2018, 12:01 PM
Dude you called shill, that's an insult if I ever seen one. You got off easy BTW, guess I was feeling generous last night.

Bro, as a general rule on this forum, if Kril posts something and someone replies something negative and/or hurtfull, it's normally directed at him.

@Sirius-91 & AIDA

I know you guys aren't using that Patreon money for weekly filet mignon diners, but at the end of the day, if it helps to save some cash for your monthly hosting, then it probably helps into relieving some of that "toxic community" stress.

i was waiting but you took forever to respond and the other guy wanted topic back on track so i lost interest

the_importer_
Jun 6, 2018, 12:54 PM
i was waiting but you took forever to respond and the other guy wanted topic back on track so i lost interest

Ya, I went to sleep, tend to do this every night.

Zorak000
Jun 6, 2018, 01:00 PM
how about they find a way to stop removing cool content, or letting it fall into irrelevancy.

anyway, it sounds like this quest might help out with the dire unit affixing situation, but only until they do something else to make us leave this and go somewhere else, oh right the next anniversary event starting up soon haha...

these little maps were fun, so im glad they aren't simply gone forever, at the very least anyway...

milranduil
Jun 6, 2018, 03:43 PM
got to 14m as braver so far. ponthi got 23m with gufi already. doing stage orders correctly and i think i can get to that 18m title.

Youmu Konpaku
Jun 6, 2018, 03:57 PM
Lesser X do stack with normal counterparts. For transferring 1, you need 2 copies at 80%, upgrade to 2 at 70%. Transfer 2 is 70%, upgrade is 50%.

Mutation does not affect upgrade rate.

is that means upgrading lesser 3 to lesser 4 is 30% and lesser 4 to lesser 5 is 10%?. making lesser 5 is kinda like astral / ether then.

i got 7.5M score with 4 player in different class now (got B wings), the party just focus on the stage tax and use DB at anga only ... this is casual run with pub though.

Squishies
Jun 6, 2018, 04:26 PM
Apparently, once you get these lesser affixes to tier V, you can combine any three (Lesser Power/Shoot/Technique V) with either Lesser Stamina V or Lesser Spirita V to synthesize an EV affix at 50% chance

Lesser affix stats

Lesser Power
Ⅰ ~ Ⅴ
S-ATK + 5 · 15 · 25 · 30 · 35

Lesser Shoot
Ⅰ ~ Ⅴ
R-ATK + 5 · 15 · 25 · 30 · 35

Lesser Technique
Ⅰ ~ Ⅴ
T-ATK + 5 · 15 · 25 · 30 · 35

Lesser Stamina
Ⅰ ~ Ⅴ
HP + 15 · 35 · 45 · 55 · 65

Lesser Spirita
Ⅰ ~ Ⅴ
PP + 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5

EV Synthesis

Lesser Power V
+ Lesser Stamina V
= EV Power HP
S-ATK +35 & HP +60

Lesser Power V
+ Lesser Spirita V
= EV Power PP
S-ATK +35 & HP +4

Lesser Shoot V
+ Lesser Stamina V
= EV Shoot HP
R-ATK +35 & HP +60

Lesser Shoot V
+ Lesser Spirita V
= EV Shoot PP
R-ATK +35 & HP +4

Lesser Technique V
+ Lesser Stamina V
= EV Technique HP
T-ATK +35 & HP +60

Lesser Technique V
+ Lesser Spirita V
= EV Technique PP
T-ATK +35 & HP +4

Note: Lesser affixes and EV affixes occupy the same 'slot' so you can't have both

Source:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/ark_raied13/archives/9621641.html
https://twitter.com/syou_pso2/status/1004393185026535424

milranduil
Jun 6, 2018, 06:10 PM
got to castle area this time, looks like finishing this area is enough for the solo 18m title.

edit: also worth nothing that lower difficulties give less points for mobs and orders, so those titles are easiest done on XH.

Zorak000
Jun 6, 2018, 07:14 PM
is that means upgrading lesser 3 to lesser 4 is 30% and lesser 4 to lesser 5 is 10%?. making lesser 5 is kinda like astral / ether then.

i got 7.5M score with 4 player in different class now (got B wings), the party just focus on the stage tax and use DB at anga only ... this is casual run with pub though.

making lesser 5 is making the Catalyst. EV Power/Shoot/Tech HP/PP (+35 atk, +60HP or +4PP) is the Astral Soul out of this; 50% success rate when you have 1 Lesser Power/Shoot/Tech V and one Lesser Stamina/Spirita V

Mr3chi
Jun 6, 2018, 09:48 PM

lesser 4 to 5 is 20% on simulator. basically EV is next gen scam which is combined of returner + astral (except it has decent drops). unless you have like 500m spare and login daily to scalp 20 pieces each day for a month or 2 to get it in 6s units. im gonna stick w lesser 3 for my next 7s :d

KaizoKage
Jun 6, 2018, 10:54 PM
Endless Quests feels like another form of RNG that sega created :<

Silent_Flower
Jun 7, 2018, 10:47 PM
Yeah... My dps is quiet bad since I cannot get past 2.1mill pts. I going need to get use to using the sword to deal with mobs instead of tmg and better deal with pp regen.

Side note: Got 8 slots with Lesser Power, Tech, Stamina and Ex Soul. Wow.

Gaylar
Jun 8, 2018, 12:41 AM
Constantly failing runs on 12 at 4.7m points with hu/fi now

I always get to dio/diabo after killing phase 1 anga with sword/parti then ripping through phase 2 and matoi+mobs with elder

I don't even understand what I'm doing wrong anymore or where to improve, all I need is 3 minutes+ on 12 but I can never seem to achieve that
I'm breaking 4300 satk with an atra sword and 4100 on my partizan and it still just isn't enough

milranduil
Jun 8, 2018, 01:11 AM
Constantly failing runs on 12 at 4.7m points with hu/fi now

I always get to dio/diabo after killing phase 1 anga with sword/parti then ripping through phase 2 and matoi+mobs with elder

I don't even understand what I'm doing wrong anymore or where to improve, all I need is 3 minutes+ on 12 but I can never seem to achieve that
I'm breaking 4300 satk with an atra sword and 4100 on my partizan and it still just isn't enough

hufi dps isn't the greatest, but this tells me you might be doing some less than optimal strats (or getting unlucky with stages). are you making sure to complete stage orders as best you can? they give a lot of time back.

Gaylar
Jun 8, 2018, 01:23 AM
hufi dps isn't the greatest, but this tells me you might be doing some less than optimal strats (or getting unlucky with stages). are you making sure to complete stage orders as best you can? they give a lot of time back.

Yeah, I was getting screwed over on back-attack stage orders and loser popping up in most of my runs

But I just did it, barely (with time ticking on diabo). But I did it. FINALLY

SteveCZ
Jun 8, 2018, 05:01 AM
I can't read the orders... so yeah. :lol:

oratank
Jun 8, 2018, 07:06 AM
I can't read the orders... so yeah. :lol:

remember some word isn't that hard it just has only 3 order that need to becareful front,back and break part

Will_2_Power
Jun 8, 2018, 04:17 PM
For those that can't read Japanese, here are the mission orders:

正面からエネミーを倒せ: Defeat enemies from the front

背後からエネミーを倒せ: Defeat enemies from behind

○秒間エネミーを倒せ: Defeat enemies within X seconds.

弱点部位を突いてエネミーを倒せ: Defeat enemies via weak point(s)

エネミーの部位を破壊しろ: Break enemies' breakable parts

戦闘不能になるな: Don't get incapacited (meaning, don't die)

I think this is most of them...

SteveCZ
Jun 8, 2018, 05:54 PM
For those that can't read Japanese, here are the mission orders:

正面からエネミーを倒せ: Defeat enemies from the front

背後からエネミーを倒せ: Defeat enemies from behind

○秒間エネミーを倒せ: Defeat enemies within X seconds.

弱点部位を突いてエネミーを倒せ: Defeat enemies via weak point(s)

エネミーの部位を破壊しろ: Break enemies' breakable parts

戦闘不能になるな: Don't get incapacited (meaning, don't die)

I think this is most of them...

Great thanks. I guess this also proves that I haven't played XQ for quite a long time other than brute force XQCO, cause these orders are similar. :lol:

milranduil
Jun 16, 2018, 09:17 PM
my castle solo clear as braver
[spoiler-box]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiGIJ8QLKr8
[/spoiler-box]

Saffran
Jun 17, 2018, 11:45 AM
Dang. I don't think I will ever reach that.
Are there more levels to this? I mean, obviously 22 missions is the max but how large is the pool of missions they chose from?

milranduil
Jun 17, 2018, 05:42 PM
Dang. I don't think I will ever reach that.
Are there more levels to this? I mean, obviously 22 missions is the max but how large is the pool of missions they chose from?

it doesn't end at castle. you continue after that after another interval. the only difference is that you have to fully complete the stage orders to get score and time back rather than just any amount of the order. they also get permanent 50% hp and atk boost and healing is cut by 50%. stage44 is another castle with those same buffs. after that is 100% hp/atk boost, then stage66 another castle, then after that 200% hp/atk boost. it really is endless!

as for pool of missions, it has all the areas from each EP1, 2, 3, 4, 1~4 LQs from last year then adds in luther/elder/nab UQ (with regular UQ mobs) areas as well, so it's roughly 19 areas that can get rolled. stage4/8/12/16/21/22 are always hunar+arm/apos+angel/anga + dio+diabo/4 falz/castle, but after that 26/30/34/38/43 are those 5 areas randomized, and then 44 is always castle.

Saffran
Jun 18, 2018, 06:29 AM
That explains why all the videos are called "one loop". Dang.