PDA

View Full Version : Driving rain 2018,best way to get high score?

Arakasa
Jun 8, 2018, 09:45 PM
so i want that dang bow,but in all the times ive run is the trials dont show up enough for the MPA to reach higher than 6k points,is max score even possible?
and if so,what is the strategy?
Ive tried rushing ahead to try and trigger trials as well as just trying to kill everything as fast as possible,neither seemed to have much impact. Though if one of the other is detrimental to higher score id like to know so i dont screw my MPA out of potential score.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 8, 2018, 11:16 PM
RNG is RNG man, you either get a high score or you dont. no amount of rushing is gonna solve it

cheapgunner
Jun 8, 2018, 11:40 PM
RNG is RNG man, you either get a high score or you dont. no amount of rushing is gonna solve it

Exactly. I've had runs where 3-4 mins passed without a single code being triggered nearly. 1 run I don't break 3k and the next I break nearly 5k in points.

Klubbah
Jun 8, 2018, 11:42 PM
I haven't tried running ahead so I can't give a good answer unfortunately, but one point I was considering trying it at least is once you get 500pts since the next E-Trial is always Umbra so maybe it is queued up or something. Whenever I do the featured quests level up quests whose names I don't remember, when I have enough points that I just need to spawn the last 2 bosses/nyau running ahead eventually works.

More often then not though I have had bosses spawn behind the group when the last E-trial finally says it is completed and sometimes people don't notice which might be a time running ahead would hurt (I don't think 2 can ever be going on at once in this).

It is a ton of RNG but would be nice to know for sure if it could be sped up by skipping a few enemies. At the very least you can probably run to the next quadrant and then back if a Trial doesn't start (Assuming keeping enemies alive by just never fighting them stops trials from happening).

I'll just enter by myself on the next scheduled one and run around so I am not assuming stuff, I missed enough of them just not logging in when I could.

Edit: Yeah, no real benefit for running ahead. Running too far you'll get no more spawns, if you run to the next quadrant and its a boss or not the group will still want to kill every enemy for drops. Kind of helps with Umbra/Umblla since he takes so long to float down but when he is 1 or 2 quadrants away from the trial that gives you 500 pts it takes long enough to say completed which I think it has to before he can spawn.

Arakasa
Jun 8, 2018, 11:43 PM
yeah figured its just down to RNG,just wanted to know if there were any method to the madness i guess

ArcaneTechs
Jun 9, 2018, 02:42 AM
yeah figured its just down to RNG,just wanted to know if there were any method to the madness i guess
ya its another one of those "hope the E trials spawn quick" ordeals, all you can really do is clear mobs and see if an E trial spawns in that area or spawn in another and keep rushing through as a group. Highest I've gotten so far is 8k and of course no drops but ya, its RNG

FantasyHeaven
Jun 9, 2018, 06:11 AM
Japs in general usually insist on killing every single non-trial trash enemy that spawns so that's always a total time waster when you should be moving ahead once you've killed the majority of them. Also they work like ants so they need someone to take initiative and lead eeeverytime. Not as bad as in the forest since it seems like there's at least some people here who understand that only trials matter.

Kintama
Jun 9, 2018, 06:34 AM
Use Rain dance

ArcaneTechs
Jun 9, 2018, 06:29 PM
Japs in general usually insist on killing every single non-trial trash enemy that spawns so that's always a total time waster when you should be moving ahead once you've killed the majority of them. Also they work like ants so they need someone to take initiative and lead eeeverytime. Not as bad as in the forest since it seems like there's at least some people here who understand that only trials matter.
if you used your head, killing as much as possible adds more chances for those 13/14* drops to the loot pool for you. i mean come on man

Masu
Jun 10, 2018, 12:44 AM
The only thing I noticed is if there is a Fo, Te placing Zanverse efficiently and a lawnchair Ra, final score tend to be way higher. 8k is the best I had so far and it was in a JP pug...

Edit: Also people should use their DB earlier than at very last minute :/

Cyber Meteor
Jun 10, 2018, 03:56 AM
Edit: Also people should use their DB earlier than at very last minute :/

I was doing that intially, using my DaB at last minute but since you fight boss during that, i noticed after a few runs it wasn't that good, DaB is better used to clear big groups of mobs very quickly or beat the non-UQ lvl85 bosses, because UQ lvl 85 bosses can hardly be hit in the weak point with DaB making your dmg not that good with it

Masu
Jun 10, 2018, 05:38 AM
I was doing that intially, using my DaB at last minute but since you fight boss during that, i noticed after a few runs it wasn't that good, DaB is better used to clear big groups of mobs very quickly or beat the non-UQ lvl85 bosses, because UQ lvl 85 bosses can hardly be hit in the weak point with DaB making your dmg not that good with it

Indeed. Add to this people seems shy to use it (I noticed the same behaviour during Polytan) and when someone "dare" triggering his/her you have 99.9% chance most other will use their at same time which is a huuuuuuuuge waste in the end. People should take turns. I mean 1 DB at a time but regularily as the run rush is going.

Edit: Another possibility is people wait because you can draw your umbla stick while in DB form...whatever I got Dat Bow while following my own strategy and wasn't in a party with that :-P

Arakasa
Jun 10, 2018, 07:46 AM
Indeed. Add to this people seems shy to use it (I noticed the same behaviour during Polytan) and when someone "dare" triggering his/her you have 99.9% chance most other will use their at same time which is a huuuuuuuuge waste in the end. People should take turns. I mean 1 DB at a time but regularily as the run rush is going.

Edit: Another possibility is people wait because you can draw your umbla stick while in DB form...whatever I got Dat Bow while following my own strategy and wasn't in a party with that :-P

im mad jelly,enjoy that bow though duder,those upcoming bow buffs are looking shweet too

FantasyHeaven
Jun 10, 2018, 08:46 AM
if you used your head, killing as much as possible adds more chances for those 13/14* drops to the loot pool for you. i mean come on man
Sure as long as you're happy with your 4000 point runs be my quest, don't need people like you in my mpas though.

Arakasa
Jun 10, 2018, 09:38 AM

could you perhaps share your method?

Dragwind
Jun 10, 2018, 09:57 AM
Personally, I skip 95% of the trash mobs and keep moving in order to spawn the next code. The faster you get those codes to spawn, the sooner you get those points higher, and the more lv. 85 mobs you get to fight.

Zulastar
Jun 10, 2018, 10:05 AM
Indeed. Add to this people seems shy to use it
I bet most people have their DB filled only at the end of the quest.

Sure as long as you're happy with your 4000 point runs be my quest, don't need people like you in my mpas though.
And what this score influence to? SEGA loves when diligent players get nothing and leisure slackers get stuff...

Well about killing much stuff I see my classes lvl up pretty quickly here.

Masu
Jun 10, 2018, 10:39 AM
could you perhaps share your method?

No real strategy x) I was just meaning using Dark Blast earlier than at last minute for the Umbla Stick bonus.

aiMute
Jun 10, 2018, 10:43 AM
Killing every single non-trial trash before moving ahead is actually how it's done, if you leave too many behind you won't get new spawns which will be the real time waster.
The best thing is to clear 2 sectors at a time, a few people (preferably with hueg aoe) always stay one sector ahead and move to the next as soon as there enemies only in one sector while others mop up the trash in the previous sector. This way trash dies fast and you don't waste time waiting for spawn/overkilling trash. 3rd sector is no good as it might not even spawn or people will just spread out and start leaving trash behind, plus less exp, if it matters.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 10, 2018, 04:58 PM
when you can control your mpa composition let me know otherwise run with your team who most likely play the classes they feel like

and even if you did speed through the map, you'll most likely hit the mob cap and be forced to clear mobs then an E trial spawns somewhere on the map randomly. get good kid

Yurashina
Jun 12, 2018, 05:38 AM
Play too 11/12, that allow you to get 2 mid bosses instead of 3

Zephyrion
Jun 12, 2018, 06:54 AM
Huh you do realize score in this is inconsequential guys right ?

Ideal scenario is getting 3 times max score, which requires luck and and godly mpa, for only a possible 4th run
Add to that everything here is area drop...and you realize your goal is to kill as much stuff and as fast as possible. I'd rather have an aircraft crash and milk stuff to hell and beyond in exchange for losing score, than getting back to back boss e-trials that don't even give interesting stuff in the first place.

Moffen
Jun 12, 2018, 07:40 AM
Huh you do realize score in this is inconsequential guys right ?

Ideal scenario is getting 3 times max score, which requires luck and and godly mpa, for only a possible 4th run
Add to that everything here is area drop...and you realize your goal is to kill as much stuff and as fast as possible. I'd rather have an aircraft crash and milk stuff to hell and beyond in exchange for losing score, than getting back to back boss e-trials that don't even give interesting stuff in the first place.

Ive been trying to tell people this.
Just wipe out every mob you possibly see and if you get a trial,you get a trial.
If anything,you get the guarenteed umblla at 500 so you definitely need that,but beyond that it just slowly shifts the bosses from free field darkers and bosses to abberations and more 85 enemies.
Whoop de do,you now get a bayari rod in the drop pool = A=)

Saffran
Jun 12, 2018, 10:55 AM
Wasn't there a point to the score? Like certain item drop only appearing if you score at least a certain amount, or a set rare drop bonus for reaching certain scores?

Zulastar
Jun 12, 2018, 11:19 AM
Wasn't there a point to the score? Like certain item drop only appearing if you score at least a certain amount, or a set rare drop bonus for reaching certain scores?

Same question. SEGA made it wrong not include trash into score counting...

Anduril
Jun 12, 2018, 11:36 AM
It looks like the score just effects what new E-Trials can show up; after the Mr. Umblla E-Trial you can get Change Overs that include EmpeRappy and Izane as well as lv85 bosses, and after 4000pts lv85 NA-Aberration bosses show up. The only things that effect drop rate are Umblla and Bowen, and the 14* weapons are area drops, while Dia weapons might be Titled boss drops.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 12, 2018, 03:52 PM
i was under the impression the score worked like Arkuma Land EQ, 100% RDR followed by 20% RDR increments

Anduril
Jun 12, 2018, 05:37 PM
i was under the impression the score worked like Arkuma Land EQ, 100% RDR followed by 20% RDR increments

It doesn't, seeing as the score isn't made a big, obvious thing; in the Dengeki EQ, and the upcoming Arkuma Land EQ, you have the Riding Quest-style score counter in the top center of the screen, while Driving Rain doesn't.

EDIT: Oh, also, it looks like the Quest doesn't actually end when you hit 9999 points, so four runs is not possible:

9999ptに到達してもクエストクリアとはならず、到達後にEトライアルをクリアしても9999のままと なる。

ArcaneTechs
Jun 12, 2018, 09:44 PM
It doesn't, seeing as the score isn't made a big, obvious thing; in the Dengeki EQ, and the upcoming Arkuma Land EQ, you have the Riding Quest-style score counter in the top center of the screen, while Driving Rain doesn't.

EDIT: Oh, also, it looks like the Quest doesn't actually end when you hit 9999 points, so four runs is not possible:

9999ptに到達してもクエストクリアとはならず、到達後にEトライアルをクリアしても9999のままと なる。

huh good to know on the 9999 part

Tyreek
Jun 12, 2018, 10:34 PM
So much of this EQ feels... lazily done. Umblla at 500 seems to be absolutely useless as a set enemy, especially since his drop boost can totally expire while in mission, and even then, its RNG even for Mr. Boing to spawn and extend the drop boost. Enemies being nothing, but Natives/Darkers until you get to at least 4000 when Aberrations spawn, and even to that point it becomes a hard stretch to kill off bosses. What's even the point of scoring when its all controlled through RNG and not effort?

I had this on my mind for a while; I truly have never been so disappointed in Driving Rain, but this year's version is just terrible. A lot of old seasonal EQs that were really good have started becoming just plain terrible to play(I'm looking at you Trick or Treat 2017). Easter 2018 I will say came back strongly. Whoever is in charge of these EQ redesigns however, needs to have someone else do it, seriously.

Dark Mits
Jun 13, 2018, 01:00 AM
Umblla at 500 seems to be absolutely useless as a set enemy, especially since his drop boost can totally expire while in missionActually, this feels intentional. SEGA knows how far casual groups can go, and how far dedicated groups can go. They selected Umbla to appear early so that the boost is enjoyed by everyone and not only by power players. The latter group will still enjoy the RDR boost for more enemies and ECs anyway.

The other option they could have had is to make it a definite spawn at 05:30 remaining regardless of what was going on in the map, but there may be technical reasons behind not doing this.

Zulastar
Jun 13, 2018, 11:14 AM
So much of this EQ feels... lazily done. Umblla at 500 seems to be absolutely useless as a set enemy, especially since his drop boost can totally expire while in mission, and even then, its RNG even for Mr. Boing to spawn and extend the drop boost. Enemies being nothing, but Natives/Darkers until you get to at least 4000 when Aberrations spawn, and even to that point it becomes a hard stretch to kill off bosses. What's even the point of scoring when its all controlled through RNG and not effort?

I had this on my mind for a while; I truly have never been so disappointed in Driving Rain, but this year's version is just terrible. A lot of old seasonal EQs that were really good have started becoming just plain terrible to play(I'm looking at you Trick or Treat 2017). Easter 2018 I will say came back strongly. Whoever is in charge of these EQ redesigns however, needs to have someone else do it, seriously.

Fully agree at RNG part and whole EQ attitude. Personally me prefers fixed spawns at EQ's and daily routine which means all players be in equal conditions.