PDA

View Full Version : The Original Big Boss! Vardha Rises!

Altiea
Jun 13, 2018, 02:57 AM
Target EQ: Mega Mecha's Awakening (6/13~6/27)

Enemy Boost (XH)

+100% HP
+200% Damage
+80% Damage Resistance
Always a King Vardha
No Infection Core (XH Only)

Player Boost

+300% EXP
+150% RDR
Dark Blast Gauge Accumulation Rate UP
Added Drop Pool (XH): 14* Weapons, 13* Weapons, 12* Units (non-specific)

Anduril
Jun 13, 2018, 03:07 AM
Well then, this is a thing. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it. I wonder which 14*s are being added to the drop pool.

Dark Mits
Jun 13, 2018, 03:20 AM
+100% HP (so 2x effective HP)
+80% Damage Resistance (so 5x effective HP)

Why did they decide to do this instead of just saying "+900% HP"? Is the Damage Reduction part additive to existing damage reduction, multiplicative, or something else?

final_attack
Jun 13, 2018, 03:54 AM
They don't want Vardha to be killed by only targeting infection cores, I see ^^;

Probably damage resistance part is just applied at the end of calculation.
Also, might be testing something (don't want people to hit 999,999 visual damage cap), so people can compete easier in term of max damage done (it sure is easier to just SS things, rather than resorting to parser or something)? :lol:

SteveCZ
Jun 13, 2018, 04:18 AM
Always welcome for upgraded boss... and the drops, as always. :-)

ArcaneTechs
Jun 13, 2018, 04:43 AM
you would think they would keep some of this permanently and not just 2 weeks long but ehh iunno

Masu
Jun 13, 2018, 05:08 AM
Just ran it. Sometimes (too often!) I wonder how it works in their brain 0.o Also loot is terrible so I guess we have to break everything which would somewhat explain why DB gauge boost... just to make boredome even more boring

SteveCZ
Jun 13, 2018, 05:15 AM
I got nemesis NT from here. Wired lance. Not destroying all parts.

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/e8jZ1Ii.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

final_attack
Jun 13, 2018, 05:36 AM
well, my 1st half runs (destroying parts) net me more ★10/ ★11...... my 2nd half runs kinda went to straight kill with the mpa, all junk (not even cube fodder)

Edit : saw FlictArma on my unit.
Might want to check all drops then.

oratank
Jun 13, 2018, 05:37 AM
high quality affix and slot but nobody break any part damn it :/

Ceresa
Jun 13, 2018, 05:37 AM
4 cubes and a nemesis nt from 7 runs going straight for kills. Good for crests at least.

SteveCZ
Jun 13, 2018, 05:40 AM
I also got 5s flict magia and 6s doom break. I never play this crap I even forgot what it can drop.

Suirano
Jun 13, 2018, 05:56 AM
It was nice seeing it live for a tad longer. Seeing my damage so low made me think it was gonna live longer what with the 80% damage resistance. Got a Rykros Staff off of it the second run.

the_importer_
Jun 13, 2018, 06:14 AM
Wait, they made an EQ where you have to kill Vardha, lol OK, this should be interesting.

Saffran
Jun 13, 2018, 06:39 AM
Importer > Vardha was the first raid boss back in episode 1. The original quest is still playable during random Lilipa EQs. I'm surprised you never even heard of it.

the_importer_
Jun 13, 2018, 07:10 AM
Importer > Vardha was the first raid boss back in episode 1. The original quest is still playable during random Lilipa EQs. I'm surprised you never even heard of it.

Well I started back in spring 2014, guessing they stopped running the EQ by then. I recall seeing Vardha in EQ in the past, but it was just as a regular emergency code during that said EQ.

Poyonche
Jun 13, 2018, 07:23 AM
Did 3 runs only because I was late, got 2 Nemesis in my 2nd run, DS and GS. Well, sure, why not.

Masu
Jun 13, 2018, 07:55 AM
/self-mockery ON
Ok... I just realized reading your comments that we were able to do multiple runs! I was so disgusted that I logged off thinking only one run was possible
/self-mockery OFF:D:D:roll:

TheFanaticViper
Jun 13, 2018, 08:33 AM
Well I started back in spring 2014, guessing they stopped running the EQ by then. I recall seeing Vardha in EQ in the past, but it was just as a regular emergency code during that said EQ.

It's strange, in 2014 Lilipa EQs appeared very often. Nowaday it's rare but still happen.
You never did "Lead border break" (with the 2 cougar NX at the end) ? People mainly run this one, but 2 others quests is available, Big Vardha and "Desert Guerillas"

the_importer_
Jun 13, 2018, 09:11 AM
It's strange, in 2014 Lilipa EQs appeared very often. Nowaday it's rare but still happen.
You never did "Lead border break" (with the 2 cougar NX at the end) ? People mainly run this one, but 2 others quests is available, Big Vardha and "Desert Guerillas"

Lead border break, ya I did that one a lot, but never encountered Big Vardha, only Tranmizer. For Desert Guerillas, ya I probably encountered BV a few times, but it died in 20 seconds, nothing like the videos that I'm seeing on YouTube with this Mega Mecha EQ.

SteveCZ
Jun 13, 2018, 09:33 AM
Lead border break, ya I did that one a lot, but never encountered Big Vardha, only Tranmizer. For Desert Guerillas, ya I probably encountered BV a few times, but it died in 20 seconds, nothing like the videos that I'm seeing on YouTube with this Mega Mecha EQ.

No you won't encounter big vardha in lead border break. What he meant is there are 3; Lead Border Break, Big Vardha, and Guerillas.

the_importer_
Jun 13, 2018, 10:05 AM
No you won't encounter big vardha in lead border break. What he meant is there are 3; Lead Border Break, Big Vardha, and Guerillas.

I've googled, I found one called "Big Vardha Extermination", but never saw this one either. I started back in Aprils 2014, but I didn't do any EQ for at least 3 months, I was mainly doing the story mode, ARK quests and Free Fields (soloing basically).

Saffran
Jun 13, 2018, 10:17 AM
So, what is up with this anyway?
Do we use it in SH as a level-up substitute?
Are we supposed to run XH and hope for units?
DId Sega think we needed Vardha souls on our high end equipment? Like, what's going on here?

Meteor Weapon
Jun 13, 2018, 10:33 AM
Well you can spam it for Conquerors Crest so i don't really have much complain. Just run it if you can or don't run it if you don't wanna. The only gripe i have is it took over scheduled EQ's.

Dark Mits
Jun 13, 2018, 10:53 AM
DId Sega think we needed Vardha souls on our high end equipment? Like, what's going on here?It may be the first of many following old EQs that will be used to provide diversity in content and campaigns.

wefwq
Jun 13, 2018, 11:53 AM
Pretty good to see BIG BOI to make a comeback, even if it's just a week-long campaign.

FantasyHeaven
Jun 13, 2018, 12:38 PM
Best EQ since I don't even remember

DrCatco
Jun 13, 2018, 12:59 PM
Best EQ since I don't even remember

Indeed. As a scrub, it was surprising to see how the boss didn't melted at the first hit, and to see how often some died at the first try (including me, of course).

It is really fun to see a PSO2 boss that can kill us if we're not really careful.

IMHO, SEGA must implement this change to the entire game, not only to some bosses.

Dragwind
Jun 13, 2018, 01:11 PM
In one session I managed to get (2) Slave Shooter-NT and 6 crests. Not bad at all imo. It definitely has that oldschool vibe with the tough resistance and HP.

Silent_Flower
Jun 13, 2018, 01:57 PM
First session I gotten Nemesis Rifle (8 slots) and Slave Lance (8 slots) plus 6 slots Weila Bode (more for the soul catalyst than the Bode). The more valuable thing for me is 8 slots doom break, vardha soul fodder and high slots flict,alter fodder.

Aurorra
Jun 13, 2018, 04:06 PM
+100% HP (so 2x effective HP)
+80% Damage Resistance (so 5x effective HP)

Why did they decide to do this instead of just saying "+900% HP"? Is the Damage Reduction part additive to existing damage reduction, multiplicative, or something else?

Stops %leech effects from healing as much.

Aurorra
Jun 13, 2018, 04:10 PM
DId Sega think we needed Vardha souls on our high end equipment? Like, what's going on here?

XP for a SH run seemed pretty atrocious to me, only like 50k on a level 64 Hunter.

Dark Mits
Jun 14, 2018, 02:18 AM
Stops %leech effects from healing as much.With the exception of Megiverse, isn't every other %leech effect still capped despite the extra damage resistance?

Altiea
Jun 14, 2018, 06:36 PM
With the exception of Megiverse, isn't every other %leech effect still capped despite the extra damage resistance?

It also neuters Compounds due to the Compound Tech Gauge being based on damage dealt.

LordKaiser
Jun 14, 2018, 07:48 PM
Is worth breaking the parts of this boss or it's better to just go for the cannon and core?

Silent_Flower
Jun 14, 2018, 08:59 PM
Is worth breaking the parts of this boss or it's better to just go for the cannon and core?

Depends on the run, if no one is going for it, don't bother. You may get more loot, but they take ages to break and some people just want the crest you get for each kill.