PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Is Fo/Te still viable in this game?

heichiro
Jun 17, 2018, 07:36 AM
Hi! And sorry for this question. As the title suggests, is Fo/Te still a viable class in PSO2? I quit this game nearing the end of episode 2(I know, I know I played in SEA version cuz I'm from Phils.). I really wanted to have this class cuz playing Fomarl is my so called rule when playing PSO ever since PSZero, so please answer me truthfully

And also, thank you in advance for your suggestions to me

Moffen
Jun 17, 2018, 07:46 AM
Fo/Te is actually one of the strngest classes in the game right now,up there with Gunner,Fighter and Hero
Its a lot faster paced now,has near infinite PP,85 has near instant tech casting and its recieving another buff in the form of simple compound technics soon.

Definitely 100% viable.

otakun
Jun 17, 2018, 07:47 AM
"Still viable" is a very silly thing to ask for since how pso2 is set up you could play the most garbage build and still get good equipment and reach max level. Pretty sure you wont be blacklisted if you have high stat gear with a EPD. ;3 They are getting more compound techs to give them more options, so Sega hasn't given up on them either.

the_importer_
Jun 17, 2018, 07:53 AM
As a main Fo/Te...

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/34193271.jpg

Great Pan
Jun 17, 2018, 06:52 PM
No. Hero is the only wae to go in this game.

Tunga
Jun 17, 2018, 08:06 PM
Some people say its too viable, but thats not fun :wacko:

No. Hero is the only wae to go in this game.

Force maybe fun but our lord n savior hero will always have our hearts.

Zorak000
Jun 17, 2018, 08:36 PM
Every main class is viable with the right sub (or equipment); some may be more optimal than others however

Viable: "capable of working successfully; feasible."

Optimal: "best or most favorable; optimum."

Dark Mits
Jun 18, 2018, 12:42 AM
Every main class is viable with the right sub (or equipment); some may be more optimal than others however

Viable: "capable of working successfully; feasible."

Optimal: "best or most favorable; optimum."This reminds me of a nice quote I had read in some other forum:
"If A is 1% better than B, then B is bad".

Tunga
Jun 18, 2018, 01:37 AM
This reminds me of a nice quote I had read in some other forum:
"If A is 1% better than B, then B is bad".

Sounds like the pso2 community.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 18, 2018, 02:28 AM
Sounds like the pso2 community.
thats like any MMO dude lol

Zorak000
Jun 18, 2018, 06:23 AM
To be honest, it's a fine question for a returning player to ask, I'm just a bit salty over people getting the two words mixed up in meta discussion. Especially as viability varies from what one expects from different content. Like what's viable to run crimson dragon (not atrum) with, what's viable to clear phanatical phantoms reliability, and what's viable for actually clearing endless quest or getting all four boosted magatsu clears done

LancerFate
Jun 18, 2018, 06:40 AM
Hi! And sorry for this question. As the title suggests, is Fo/Te still a viable class in PSO2? I quit this game nearing the end of episode 2(I know, I know I played in SEA version cuz I'm from Phils.). I really wanted to have this class cuz playing Fomarl is my so called rule when playing PSO ever since PSZero, so please answer me truthfully

And also, thank you in advance for your suggestions to me

It's best caster in the game atm, and later this month Fo/Te gets new techniques.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 18, 2018, 02:12 PM
To be honest, it's a fine question for a returning player to ask, I'm just a bit salty over people getting the two words mixed up in meta discussion. Especially as viability varies from what one expects from different content. Like what's viable to run crimson dragon (not atrum) with, what's viable to clear phanatical phantoms reliability, and what's viable for actually clearing endless quest or getting all four boosted magatsu clears done
most people just wanted something thats able to do all that though which atm isn't exactly the case but still doable

Zorak000
Jun 18, 2018, 05:01 PM
which then the real answer for it all is summoner; The Class That Changes Role Depending on the Pet :p

Kondibon
Jun 18, 2018, 05:18 PM
which then the real answer for it all is summoner; The Class That Changes Role Depending on the Pet :p

Su is the real Fo.

https://i.imgur.com/iEXOZjB.gif

Selphea
Jun 19, 2018, 05:05 AM
Sega is quite partial to Fo/Te. Even if it was weak for a bit they'll go out of their way to buff it until it's good.

I'd say the only class to think twice about doing is Summoner, just because the pets and candies are so seasonal it's impossible to gear within a reasonable timeframe. If you collect your eggs and candies over the course of a year, maybe.

milranduil
Jun 19, 2018, 06:58 AM
Sega is quite partial to Fo/Te. Even if it was weak for a bit they'll go out of their way to buff it until it's good.

I'd say the only class to think twice about doing is Summoner, just because the pets and candies are so seasonal it's impossible to gear within a reasonable timeframe. If you collect your eggs and candies over the course of a year, maybe.

they have added a ton of pets to CFs this year, and super megaton parfeit is a perma drop in XQ3. i think it's much more reasonable than before. not to mention you can get rykros with crests too.

XrosBlader821
Jun 19, 2018, 08:51 AM
they have added a ton of pets to CFs this year, and super megaton parfeit is a perma drop in XQ3. i think it's much more reasonable than before. not to mention you can get rykros with crests too.

Megaton parfaits were always "perma available" and the super version doesn't fix anything about how hard it is to gear up summoner's pets. I'd say the best periods of time to get into summoner are always during the anniversary events.

milranduil
Jun 19, 2018, 10:47 AM
Megaton parfaits were always "perma available" and the super version doesn't fix anything about how hard it is to gear up summoner's pets. I'd say the best periods of time to get into summoner are always during the anniversary events.

megaton parfeits were only reliably farmable, outside of titles, from challenge mode which is a wasteland and the occassional limited badge shop (which kind of defeats the purpose of talking about permanent, reliable farming). super megaton can be farmed soloing in a permanent quest and is good for most of the pets if not all of the pets.

XrosBlader821
Jun 19, 2018, 11:54 AM
megaton parfeits were only reliably farmable, outside of titles, from challenge mode which is a wasteland and the occassional limited badge shop (which kind of defeats the purpose of talking about permanent, reliable farming). super megaton can be farmed soloing in a permanent quest and is good for most of the pets if not all of the pets.

I was talking about perma available, not farmable. Besides you can still do the Zieg CO for 120k CM. But the point still stands. You get only 1 decent Parfait from a hard lategame source (and Summoners won't be able to use the S1~3 Abilities to make the Solo XQ easier). Never mind the second parfait having to be what ever you currently have or the lack of reliable Roll farming. Support roll is easily the best Roll to have but to get it you need to have a shit ton of Harktotan Pyroxenes (those are fun to farm) or pray a Rare boat encounter will drop one of these. Honestly outside of the Anniversary Shop gearing up as a Summoner is just awful. Far too many of them are exclusive to outdated content or Collection files. Not even Leonitas 13* exchange has super parfaits. Pet Raising (which includes Candy) is the worst part about summoner atm and it's partially why the latest survey on Su was so negative.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 19, 2018, 08:26 PM
theres a Super Megaton parfait now?? waaa, whats so different from Megaton in terms of stats?

Kondibon
Jun 19, 2018, 08:30 PM
theres a Super Megaton parfait now?? waaa, whats so different from Megaton in terms of stats?It's 12% damage instead of 9%. Not a huge increase, but it's still something.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 19, 2018, 09:19 PM
It's 12% damage instead of 9%. Not a huge increase, but it's still something.
THREE PERCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tunga
Jun 19, 2018, 10:39 PM

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/avatar-foaming-mouth-guy-gif-9.gif

ohpz
Jun 19, 2018, 11:21 PM
I was talking about perma available, not farmable. Besides you can still do the Zieg CO for 120k CM. But the point still stands. You get only 1 decent Parfait from a hard lategame source (and Summoners won't be able to use the S1~3 Abilities to make the Solo XQ easier). Never mind the second parfait having to be what ever you currently have or the lack of reliable Roll farming. Support roll is easily the best Roll to have but to get it you need to have a shit ton of Harktotan Pyroxenes (those are fun to farm) or pray a Rare boat encounter will drop one of these. Honestly outside of the Anniversary Shop gearing up as a Summoner is just awful. Far too many of them are exclusive to outdated content or Collection files. Not even Leonitas 13* exchange has super parfaits. Pet Raising (which includes Candy) is the worst part about summoner atm and it's partially why the latest survey on Su was so negative.

Drifting off-topic... but the Weapon Badge 2018 shop is where new summoners would want to go to gear pets right now. You can easily set up some pets to take on Solo XQ 3 with what is available there. Mainly the Bravado Rolls to keep your pets alive, although it also has a decent selection of entry level parfaits (namely Megaton). While they aren't exactly "perma available" they are going to be around long enough to obtain what you need. It does slightly trigger me that some of the best parfaits are seasonal or CF exclusive and don't roll over to the next seasonal quest like the weapons do, for example: Fornis series, Quelle Glitter.

While I agree Support rolls are good, I ran out of them while gearing up some new pets and used Bravado Rolls on them instead. The Bravados made those pets way more durable in boosted EQs / rematches / Solo XQ / E. Forest farming than their Support Roll counterparts. I kept Support Rolls on my mobbing pets (Popple / Redran / Jinga / and Aero since he's only used when it's safe) and swapped out Support Rolls on my bossing pets that now use dual Bravados (4 Marons / Synchro / Rappy / Viola). Keep in mind I have 0 pets set up for Deadly Parfait which is where Support Rolls would be required. Also keep in mind that the in-game tooltip for Bravado Rolls is wrong (should read 20%, not 10%). [SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/5SiYCoH.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

theres a Super Megaton parfait now?? waaa, whats so different from Megaton in terms of stats?

What's nice about this is you can pair it with normal Megaton for an easy 12% + 9% multipliers. Lazy bossing pet build that's still good.

Zorak000
Jun 20, 2018, 01:39 PM
yeah, you can use two (different) parfaits on a pet, so I dont get the sarcasm beyond making yourself look like you have no idea what you are talking about

also, summoner is the only class I could even reliably clear phanatical phantoms on when it came out; and a buddy of mine used summoner sub to cheese getting the clear titles for other classes for some quick crests; so its not like it needed super abilities to make it easier

leveling pets is super easy now that you can just load up on 12* exp eggs with photon spheres, you just maybe gotta turn some 10* weapons into spheres for a little while instead of cubes.

however, yeah outside of super megatons and the parfaits that drop in dragon and loser, there isnt much of the newer parfaits that have a good permanent home at the moment. Vigilant or Bolster from the 2018 badge shop are alright to fill in for now though; if you didn't stock up on any super vigilant parfaits from egg files

Mattykins
Jun 20, 2018, 08:11 PM
I've always struggled with Fo, and reading this it's clear that it's not the class's fault :V Is it still spam foie/crafted ragrants or is there something else I should be doing?

Hysteria1987
Jun 20, 2018, 09:58 PM
I've always struggled with Fo, and reading this it's clear that it's not the class's fault :V Is it still spam foie/crafted ragrants or is there something else I should be doing?Charge-time crafted Ragrants is good, but it really chews up PP, so PP convert is basically a must if you're going to be spamming it. One of its main advantages is its speed, which is helpful as one of FO's drawbacks is it can often be quite slow to attack. For a good deal of mobbing EQs, once you finish charging your average tech, the enemy you're looking at is already dead!

Nowadays Brilliant Ilgrants is the go-to for light DPS. Brilliant slows it down so you're gonna want to be reasonably close - when standing still, however, you're basically not going to run out of PP. Fair warning though, you're gonna get all the aggro. For times when Ilgrants isn't really viable (say, targetting a Golem's head while he's got it up in the sky - you're just gonna hit his body), Brilliant Grants is great. It's really hard to miss with that, and it's got an enormous range.

Zondeel/Gigrants Type-0 for mobbing.

I'm not super-familiar with fire any more as it's much less useful than it used to be but iirc one of the crafts for Nafoie has the best DPS nowadays. With that said, that's basically just on paper, it's very strong but very slow and if your target's moving at all it'll miss and hit the ground instead.

FPS-view Foie is still great. Rafoie is pretty weak but great for sniping weak enemies (eg. Damoths), though Foie could arguably be more useful there too. A quick word on Ilfoie too - that's getting semi-popular on the Enchanted Forest free field. It's good for effortlessly hitting Wurmritter rider heads, gryphons in the sky, grouped mobs... For the first time in the game, people are actually crafting this one - though I don't remember which craft they actually use...

ArcaneTechs
Jun 21, 2018, 02:36 AM
What's nice about this is you can pair it with normal Megaton for an easy 12% + 9% multipliers. Lazy bossing pet build that's still good.
http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/avatar-foaming-mouth-guy-gif-9.gif