PDA

View Full Version : from E-Maint to ISP Connection issues--TRY LOGGING IN NOW (PC, ETC)

ArcaneTechs
Jun 27, 2018, 03:17 PM
EDIT: read through the thread, youre not the only one who can't connect as of 7/2/18

Maintenance Contents

To correct a bug in which [Mountain Stream] was added as a Team Room.

Maintenance is expected to finish at 17:00 JST. However, depending on the situation, it could end earlier or later than scheduled. They are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and will consider some form of compensation. Details will be provided in the future.

copy and pasted from bumped

XrosBlader821
Jun 27, 2018, 07:13 PM
guess it's been so long since the last new Team Room that Sega forgot how to do it. I expected literally everything to break but not the team room lol.

Kondibon
Jun 27, 2018, 07:36 PM
I wonder why it's 6 hours...

Silent_Flower
Jun 27, 2018, 07:41 PM

They got to read the documentation on how to make a team room. =P

Saffran
Jun 29, 2018, 06:08 AM
Is it me or they didn't fix the font problem?
Suppressing the new team room is one thing, but...

Arada
Jun 29, 2018, 06:21 AM

It's highly probable they're doing backups at each maintenance and I suspect it's that which is making almost all maintenances at least 6 hours long.
And yes, 1990s infrastructure...

Dark Mits
Jun 29, 2018, 06:24 AM
Is it me or they didn't fix the font problem?
Suppressing the new team room is one thing, but...I think the change in font size is intentional. I'm probably in the minority, but I think it's a positive change. The numbers are still readable perfectly fine (unless you play from sofa or smth 3m away from your monitor), and with the old fonts they just covered half the view field.

Saffran
Jun 29, 2018, 06:45 AM
You must be playing in low resolution then.
I don't particularly care for the damage I do, but I do care about the damage I take.
Maybe there's a new option in the menu or something.

XrosBlader821
Jun 29, 2018, 06:45 AM
Nah I think the Font is better now too. When I played on the Vita that was actually one of the few things I actually wanted to be in the PC/PS4 Version because the Vita version had just such much nicer font for Damage numbers & EXP rewards.

Dark Mits
Jun 29, 2018, 09:30 AM
You must be playing in low resolution then.1920x1080 with default UI scaling from the options, playing on 24" monitor sitting at around 80cm away from it. Previous numbers just cluttered up the screen, these ones are better. I believe we'll get used to them.

PSO2es had the same problem and they fixed it with giving us the option to show them as a log on the right. It would have been better if Sega implemented an option for that, instead of forcing everyone one specific style.

Saffran
Jun 29, 2018, 10:28 AM
That explains it.
I play a custom 1440p with small UI. Numbers were very much readable before, now they're all tiny. Like, really tiny.
I don't even want to know how it looks like on a 4k display.

XrosBlader821
Jul 2, 2018, 03:58 AM
https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/1013699554779131904

Happy PSO2 day everyone! i really hope they're gonna extend it, we still had like 8 hours left before the servers shat themselves.

doomdragon83
Jul 2, 2018, 04:16 AM
I hope they extend it too, I wasn't done using up my keys. Well es works so I'm on that.

Saffran
Jul 2, 2018, 05:37 AM
Apparently the Switch version works mighty fine.
Sega announced all was clear on their side a long while ago but their site is not reachable and many people can't log on.
It's not a "country ban" either since many jp people can connect with their phones but not with their PC.
I can't access PSO2 so no idea what's going on.
I don't particuliarly care but I was hoping to grind some exp inthe event quest... Ah well.

Sirius-91
Jul 2, 2018, 05:44 AM
Sega pretty much said if we're still having issues, to take it up with our ISPs.

Shoterxx
Jul 2, 2018, 07:22 AM
Why is it that the only Ship I can't connect to is Ship 2...

Dragwind
Jul 2, 2018, 08:02 AM
Why is it that the only Ship I can't connect to is Ship 2...

Many people are currently having this same problem. As of this post, I don't believe there is yet an explanation.

Terrence
Jul 2, 2018, 08:10 AM
Because of this, there is a possibility that a failure has occurred in the connection being used, so please contact your ISP.Back to the DDOS era, SEGA said the same thing... but my ISP never wanted to do anything because they had to rewrite some routing tables which was against their rules. I spent eight months with a terrible VPN. I really hope SEGA won't be as lame as the last time. Go SEGA, GO !!!

LancerFate
Jul 2, 2018, 08:19 AM
Well time to play PSO2es ^^

Shoterxx
Jul 2, 2018, 08:46 AM
Telepipe worked once, then also died. GG.
RIP PSO2 day boost.

cheapgunner
Jul 2, 2018, 09:43 AM
Many people are currently having this same problem. As of this post, I don't believe there is yet an explanation.

Same here. Not like I was actually getting any decent rares from Sky AkumaLand anyhow. :/

landman
Jul 2, 2018, 10:28 AM
Is this as spread as the DDOS? I'm having zero issues, but a friend cant connect at all.

PriestBelmondo
Jul 2, 2018, 10:28 AM
Soooo... we're all just waiting? Tried teleproxy, worked on first log then I lagged out and kept getting "server timed out" every time after that.

Zulastar
Jul 2, 2018, 10:30 AM
When it comes to major problems I'm always the one to suffer. But not this time. JUST WOW!

Poyonche
Jul 2, 2018, 10:38 AM
I'm half suffering, ISP fucked up but my 3G/4G provider isn't affected by the issue... But 4G's ping + PSO2 = meh

Shoterxx
Jul 2, 2018, 10:39 AM
I ended up using some shady proxies, but the lag... And eventually just died like everything else. This is kinda weird for an ISP issue. It's mostly fine, then I swap blocks, and all I'll get afterwards is instant time-outs.

MasterGunz2345
Jul 2, 2018, 12:02 PM
Got 630'd twice last night (did the twice night before too but I don't think that was related to this current issue maybe router for ethernet was being sus/ISP up to something w/e) at that point I said "screw it going to bed". PSO2 Alert.exe then said "PSO2 Maintenance" yet when I looked on Bumped.org, said servers were still online, and the EQ schedule list was still listed. When I woke up and tried to log on this morning, I noticed Tweaker said, "Upcoming EQ: In Driving Rain 2018" yet right next to it it said "PSO2 Maintenance ???" Was wondering wtf was going on like how is this possible? After going to reddit and bumped, unfortunate that we're in this state atm. Not sure if I smell a potential DDOS like a few years back or not but at the same time, it does give me some relief that pretty much everyone else (even a lot of JP players) are still unable to connect and it ain't just me sticking out like a sore thumb with a weird issue like this. Sadly the Proxy ain't working either, so all we can do is wait seems like D: Let's hope this issue gets solved soon though :/

the_importer_
Jul 2, 2018, 12:05 PM
Of course they had cock-up their servers on my day off -_-

FantasyHeaven
Jul 2, 2018, 12:06 PM
Can't even get the client to start up because it can't download files
Too bad

Masu
Jul 2, 2018, 01:24 PM
I may have a terrible ping with my isp but at least I can connect without any problem . Ship 2 so DED right now. B10 not even full xD

komosu
Jul 2, 2018, 01:36 PM
I hope it'll be resolved before the maintenance so I can use my keys

PriestBelmondo
Jul 2, 2018, 01:44 PM
Any other way to log on? teleproxy isn't working so looking for another solution

the_importer_
Jul 2, 2018, 01:54 PM
Any other way to log on? teleproxy isn't working so looking for another solution

I tried it with my free Tunnel Bear VPN account with an IP from Japan, didn't work.

PriestBelmondo
Jul 2, 2018, 01:58 PM
some guy disabled his firewall and turned teleproxy off, said he logged in. Sounds fishy >_>;

ArcaneTechs
Jul 2, 2018, 03:11 PM
I kept wondering to myself "why are people still bumping this thread when it was meant for one night" and then suddenly I try to login to pso and I'm greeted by that error I thought I would never see again. I go back and start reading posts and low and behold its happening again

Ho boy I'm not looking forward to this. I don't want to deal with Comcast again

I am going to try my Switch version but I doubt I'll get results and I'm sure PS4 probably sitting on the same issue as the PC version so i'll still give it a shot

PriestBelmondo
Jul 2, 2018, 03:12 PM
Must play... losing sanity...

ArcaneTechs
Jul 2, 2018, 03:13 PM
Must play... losing sanity...
good thing I have a massive backlog of games to keep me busy along with Steams summer sales :wacko:

PriestBelmondo
Jul 2, 2018, 03:26 PM
good thing I have a massive backlog of games to keep me busy along with Steams summer sales :wacko:

bought a few games from the steam summer sale but.... pso2

ArcaneTechs
Jul 2, 2018, 03:29 PM
Well I logged in through my Switch (No VPN being used) but obviously still no PC connection, some of my Euro friends have no issues logging in through PC either

Digital Doom
Jul 2, 2018, 03:33 PM
That moment you get home from working all day and wanted to grind the new LQ but the servers are down. :( Still down here on PS4 in USA. I guess this is when Monster Hunter World comes in handy. Just for PSO2 down times.

XrosBlader821
Jul 2, 2018, 03:35 PM
Well they're not really down. They are online, they're just inaccessible for a lot of people.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 2, 2018, 03:37 PM
That moment you get home from working all day and wanted to grind the new LQ but the servers are down. :( Still down here on PS4 in USA. I guess this is when Monster Hunter World comes in handy. Just for PSO2 down times.
ISP issues almost everywhere atm including JP players so everyone is hit. If you can't connect through PS4, I wonder if I can't too

ArcaneTechs
Jul 2, 2018, 03:40 PM
CAN LOGIN TO PC VERSION NOW AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH BACK TO NORMAL LIFE

XrosBlader821
Jul 2, 2018, 03:43 PM
Dito. Refreshed the Website and it actually loaded. A friend of mine said they can log in too.

PriestBelmondo
Jul 2, 2018, 03:48 PM
Sanity restored!!!

Terrence
Jul 2, 2018, 04:08 PM
Online too. All PSO2 server are belong to us ! :wacko:

Digital Doom
Jul 2, 2018, 04:20 PM
PS4 back up yay

Silent_Flower
Jul 2, 2018, 04:48 PM
I never has any problems connection to pso2 for 10am EDT and 1pm EDT eq. It is possible I am connect from Canada.