PDA

View Full Version : July 7th Announcements

Altiea
Jul 7, 2018, 08:04 PM
Sand Park Arkumaland!
-- Enemies are Fire weak
-- Omega Apprezina drops the Appress Grudge Omega 14*! It has SSA 2/3 and has S3:Immediate Profusion (TAJA damage) as its SAF. Potential is Wings of Darkness.
-- Apostolo Dragon will not appear.

Apprentice EQ
-- Quest fails if you fail to protect the Particle Cannon.
-- You will respawn in Loser Blast if you die in Phase 2.
-- Boosted Phobos 14* drop rates.

Bringer's Rifle
-- Using the Mode Change WA stocks up to six special bullets and powers up your normal attack.

Lumiere Series Update(?)
-- Will happen in the future.

More PSO2 Days?
-- The 22nd will give a PSO2 Day boost for Prem Set users in the future. No word on if ARKS Rappies will appear.

Special Story Enemies?
-- Dark Empe Rappy will appear outside the story in the future. No plans for SOROKING D, but he is surprisingly popular, so that is being considered.

EV?
-- Short for "Evolve".

S4?
-- The S4 tier of SSAs is planned to remain exclusive to Atra as its unique function for the duration of EP5.

Level 85 Enemies?
- Level 85 enemies have more HP than Level 80 enemies. They have higher Rare Drop Rate as a result.

AC Scratch/Item Adjustments
-- Grind Risk Reduction (100%), Attribute Changer, and Add Special Ability (PP) will be permanently removed from standard AC Scratch rotation. Grind Risk and Attribute will be made available in Support Item Scratch banners.
-- Great Success Addition (+100%) pull rate will be nerfed from 12% to around 1.3%~1.4%.
-- MAG Device rotation will become S-ATK > R-ATK > T-ATK > DEX > Support Extend.
-- RDR+300% Tickets will become SG purchases. You will be able to buy a new RDR+400% Ticket with 900 AC, which lasts 6 hours per Ticket.

Balance Patch 6: Return of the Buffs
-- Sword PA/Normal Power UP
-- Sacrifice Bite 0 no longer disperses after switching weapons; effect adjusted
-- Launcher/TMG Dive Roll Shoot now Jump/Dive Roll cancellable
-- Element Conversion off-element conversion rate will become 45%. EPD Potential and S4:Refined Providence effects adjusted accordingly.
-- Bullet Bow PAs can now dash-slide on execution
-- JB Gear no longer resets element when dropping to 0 Gear. Unbranched WA can now glide by using movement keys
-- Can now turn while using Distract Wing
-- Crafted Discs can now be sold on Player Shop

Endless Quest Data (Current as of June 19th, 2018 )

- Number of players who have earned relevant Titles:

https://pso2roboarks.jp/wp-content/uploads/CropperCapture8063.jpg

- Class Diversity for the Endless Loner Title:

https://pso2roboarks.jp/wp-content/uploads/CropperCapture8065.jpg

- Class Diversity for the Endless Party Title:

https://pso2roboarks.jp/wp-content/uploads/CropperCapture8066.jpg

- Class Diversity for the Endless Friend Title:

https://pso2roboarks.jp/wp-content/uploads/CropperCapture8067.jpg

- Solo Rank Top 5 HISCORE

https://pso2roboarks.jp/wp-content/uploads/CropperCapture8068.jpg

- 4 Classes Rank Top 5 HISCORE

https://pso2roboarks.jp/wp-content/uploads/CropperCapture8070.jpg

- Free Rank Top 5 HISCORE

https://pso2roboarks.jp/wp-content/uploads/CropperCapture8074.jpg

echofaith
Jul 7, 2018, 08:12 PM
Didnt know about Lumieres upgrades. So there is still chance they will be the strongest EP 5 weapons O:
Not happy about the grind related thing as this means grinding weapons will be more expensive unless I am missing something s:

cheapgunner
Jul 7, 2018, 08:16 PM
Sand Park Arkumaland!
-- Enemies are Fire weak
-- Omega Apprezina drops the Appress Grudge Omega 14*! It has SSA 2/3 and has S3:Immediate Profusion (TAJA damage) as its SAF. Potential is Wings of Darkness.

- Cool TDs. Will farm to get.

Bringer's Rifle
-- Using the Mode Change WA stocks up to six special bullets and powers up your normal attack.

- Not sure about this. Can someone explain what these special bullets could entail (if PSO-related?)

Special Story Enemies?
-- Dark Empe Rappy will appear outside the story in the future. No plans for SOROKING D, but he is surprisingly popular, so that is being considered.

- I guess this hints even more to the Dark Rappy pet idea being closer to fruition.

Balance Patch 6: Return of the Buffs
-- Sacrifice Bite 0 no longer disperses after switching weapons; effect adjusted
-- Launcher/TMG Dive Roll Shoot now Jump/Dive Roll cancellable
-- Element Conversion off-element conversion rate will become 45%. EPD Potential and S4:Refined Providence effects adjusted accordingly.
-- Bullet Bow PAs can now dash-slide on execution
-- JB Gear no longer resets element when dropping to 0 Gear. Unbranched WA can now glide by using movement keys

- Sword Buffs afre cool
- Dive roll changes are nice I suppose

- Element Conversion off-element changes and the EPD/S4 changes make me think super buff for Forces.

- Bullet Bow and JB buffs are welcomed and long overdue.

- Selling Crafted discs in shops means more $$ for anyone with near full/full crafting workshops.

Shoterxx
Jul 7, 2018, 08:56 PM
I mean quality of life is nice and all, but...

This might be about the most meaningless improvements you could give to JB, and it'll only come in 4 months.

Like, how about some nice new PAs.

GHNeko
Jul 7, 2018, 09:56 PM

This might be about the most meaningless improvements you could give to JB, and it'll only come in 4 months.

Like, how about some nice new PAs.

JB, DB, and Bo in general needs more than new PAs. They need multi adjustments, QoL improvements, PA adjustments to make them work better, tree adjustments. After that, sure new PAs.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 7, 2018, 09:59 PM
Don't forget to add confirmation about OT Austere weps getting a trade conversion (which we still dont know the Req's for it yet since they haven't said it) so people can stop asking (or reminded) that it was always going to be a thing for when it hits

JB, DB, and Bo in general needs more than new PAs. They need multi adjustments, QoL improvements, PA adjustments to make them work better, tree adjustments. After that, sure new PAs.
Remove BO, make it better than ever, add it back to game :wacko: no but seriously the dam class needs work

the_importer_
Jul 7, 2018, 10:37 PM
Revised the effects of [Element Conversion]. The [Other Element Conversion Rate] will become 45% at Level 5. Along with this, the potential [Eternal Operation Device] and Ability [S4:Refined Providence] will be adjusted.

I once said here that they should find a way to improve Elemental Conversion for off-weapon elements. People here said that I was mad and that this not need improving, that getting 6 times the same weapon was THE way to go. Guess SEGA agrees more with me on that one!!!

Later, I said that with the introduction of weapons that can a adjust Elemental Conversion for off-weapon elements (EPD, Atra Zemus) that people will expect such features for future rods. You all said that I was mad for this too and that people will move on with whatever new powerful rod they come out with. Well I didn't see anyone with Phobos Soleil since it came out and with a boost for both Eternal Operation Device & S4:Refined Providence, who will want to have a rod that doesn't do this now?

It also looks like my predictions for upgrading OG Austeres will also come to fruition:

Yes there’s going to be a method to upgrade the OT Austere

Screw the IT world, I should become a prophet.

SteveCZ
Jul 8, 2018, 01:43 AM
JB and DB adjustments are good.

milranduil
Jul 8, 2018, 02:31 AM
I once said here that they should find a way to improve Elemental Conversion for off-weapon elements. People here said that I was mad and that this not need improving, that getting 6 times the same weapon was THE way to go. Guess SEGA agrees more with me on that one!!!

Later, I said that with the introduction of weapons that can a adjust Elemental Conversion for off-weapon elements (EPD, Atra Zemus) that people will expect such features for future rods. You all said that I was mad for this too and that people will move on with whatever new powerful rod they come out with. Well I didn't see anyone with Phobos Soleil since it came out and with a boost for both Eternal Operation Device & S4:Refined Providence, who will want to have a rod that doesn't do this now?

It also looks like my predictions for upgrading OG Austeres will also come to fruition:

Screw the IT world, I should become a prophet.

they clarified before yesterday that all of this would be happening to begin with. yesterday was only confirmation, not new info.
also unless i'm mistaken, their Q&A stated an "update" for lumiere, not "upgrade". proof for the word "upgrade" would be nice.

aiMute
Jul 8, 2018, 04:13 AM
- Dive roll changes are nice I suppose
- Bullet Bow and JB buffs are welcomed and long overdue.
- Selling Crafted discs in shops means more $$ for anyone with near full/full crafting workshops.
-Now they have to unfuck the rest of the Ra
-It isn't really BB buff, it had bad defense, but it wasn't Ra tier bad as you still had step dodge and it was quite mobile plus iframes on bomber zero. What bbow needs is something to be done with retarded PP consumption (I'm still amazed what kind of retard you gotta be to not just nerf BA damage but make it x2.5 / 50PP cost) and overreliance on Rapid Shot but it doesn't seem we are getting that.
- R N G discs. I bet those +0/-10 discs will cost gorrillions, I mean haven't crafted one so those can't be cheap.

It's a good but overdue improvement, they should've implemented it the day they added super saiyan kick but it seems sega has no idea what JB are (among numerous other things). I wonder if they will fix locked on dash attack going through enemy without damaging it and that retarded travel PA being completely useless at range against anything that is not immobile.

XrosBlader821
Jul 8, 2018, 04:59 AM

In my defense when we were talking I wasn't fully aware of how little damage other classes lose out on not matching elements. Had I known it back in the day I'd have agreed that it's a problem but I'd have still said that EPD/Atra Rod is just a temporary solution.
---
Man, Sega how about you do the same for Wands now? Increase the Attack speed of every Wand so that the Te has more than just Lavis to chose from?

Azure Falcon
Jul 8, 2018, 05:02 AM
I fail to see the point in a Lumiere upgrade, the reason people aren't using them is because they're borderline impossible to obtain - all the stars and moons need to align for you to get a +35 Jutus with the laughably poor drop rate and now +35 Schvelle too since the Evleda collection file is gone. If they want to keep them this obnoxious to obtain then their power needs to be a noticeable step up over the other 14*s.

Hopefully the Austere OT trade will let you switch weapon type as well, I don't use DBs any more and would prefer to trade them towards a Talis.

Moffen
Jul 8, 2018, 10:25 AM
Please dont boost phobos i dont need a more saturated 14* drop pool just to get a weapon that is complete and utter garbage.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 8, 2018, 10:36 AM
*CvS2 announcer voice* This market is about to explode!

Man, Sega how about you do the same for Wands now? Increase the Attack speed of every Wand so that the Te has more than just Lavis to chose from?

What's this now? Lavis working with the charged PA is THAT massive of an advantage over every other wand in the game?

Moffen
Jul 8, 2018, 10:50 AM
What's this now? Lavis working with the charged PA is THAT massive of an advantage over every other wand in the game?

Just an example but if you slap out a heavy hammer for 500k,a lavis wave comes out doing another 200k
Not accurate numbers but its something dumb like that.

Zulastar
Jul 8, 2018, 10:58 AM
>Lumiere Series Upgrade

Good to hear It wasn't a waste of resources .

More PSO2 Days?
-- The 22nd will give a PSO2 Day boost for Prem Set users in the future. No word on if ARKS Rappies will appear.

This one sounds like an April Fool's Day joke.

>Balance Patch 6: Return of the Buffs

HuBr + Sacrifice Bite 0 = 120k normal attack swings lol.

And no word about it's slow activation and huge delay after it ends.

-- Crafted Discs can now be sold on Player Shop.

Finally. I wish they made Timed Abilities sellable too.

And no word about that 1 hour Color Change Pass premium extention. They didn't add it 'cause of some bugs as they said. But I don't believe it. Most likely advantage of this feature was just too big. And there is no a trace of any mention about that thing at Bumped anymore...

final_attack
Jul 8, 2018, 11:42 AM
Apprentice EQ
-- Boosted Phobos 14* drop rates.

No boost for units? :<
The unit felt really good (would like to change my SignRed to it atm, making current SignRed-Izane-Izane to Phobos-Izane-Izane)

XrosBlader821
Jul 8, 2018, 11:48 AM
Just an example but if you slap out a heavy hammer for 500k,a lavis wave comes out doing another 200k
Not accurate numbers but its something dumb like that.

In the dedicated Te Thread I posted a pic of someone having a 700k PA hit together with a 400k Lavis hit. So yeah that can break damage cap without even relying on Zanverse. But my point was only about attack speed. Regular Wands just don't feel fun to use with the regular attack speed.

milranduil
Jul 8, 2018, 11:59 AM
can someone please confirm that the Q&A stated "UPGRADE" not "UPDATE"

FantasyHeaven
Jul 8, 2018, 12:26 PM
Wand has been unplayable outside Lavis and maybe Atra since hero came out, the normal attack is so slow that the quest ends before you can get 1 off. The lavis attack speed should be the norm on all wands, and give lavis an attack range pot. Now that would actually be fun (although would just lead to everyone saying it should be the norm on all wands too).

cheapgunner
Jul 8, 2018, 01:14 PM
I fail to see the point in a Lumiere upgrade, the reason people aren't using them is because they're borderline impossible to obtain - all the stars and moons need to align for you to get a +35 Jutus with the laughably poor drop rate and now +35 Schvelle too since the Evleda collection file is gone. If they want to keep them this obnoxious to obtain then their power needs to be a noticeable step up over the other 14*s.

Agreed with the jutus shenanigans.Why they didnt have them as file sheets as well baffles me....

Saffran
Jul 8, 2018, 01:22 PM
Milranduil > yes.

https://pso2roboarks.jp/live_23

Kondibon
Jul 8, 2018, 01:30 PM
Schvelle too since the Evleda collection file is gone.They told us back when the buster quests first came out that those weapons were going to be used for upgrades throughout episode 5.

Tunga
Jul 8, 2018, 02:00 PM
After taking forever... off-element conversion finally got a buff buh dem epd and atra become poinless hurr durr!!!. Now how long till TE gets that skill.

the_importer_
Jul 8, 2018, 04:16 PM
can someone please confirm that the Q&A stated "UPGRADE" not "UPDATE"

It says this on the PSO2 site:

Q- オフスNTでは魔石が使われる予定はないのか

A- オフスNTに使わない。魔石はもう新しい用途で使う予定はありません。旧式のオフスからも

I don't get the Google Translation, so if anyone cares to translate.

XrosBlader821
Jul 8, 2018, 04:29 PM
https://i.imgur.com/fgmMa1L.png

At least people still remember we've been promised an upgrade >.<

Zorak000
Jul 8, 2018, 05:44 PM
they said a long time ago that the units would upgrade straight to the end of the evleda upgrade line when that happens, but yeah I imagined that plan also involved them adding the other two kingdoms to buster quests, like how the schvelle weapons were added when verun was. but I guess they've been scared so stiff by player reception that they have outright abandoned anything that involved buster quests

the_importer_
Jul 8, 2018, 07:14 PM
After taking forever... off-element conversion finally got a buff buh dem epd and atra become poinless hurr durr!!!. Now how long till TE gets that skill.

You didn't read everything:

Along with this, the potential [Eternal Operation Device] and Ability [S4:Refined Providence] will be adjusted.

Tunga
Jul 8, 2018, 07:27 PM
You didn't read everything:

I did read that part, im just poking fun at people that said atra/epd made element conversion fixes pointless and etc.

the_importer_
Jul 8, 2018, 09:32 PM
I did read that part, im just poking fun at people that said atra/epd made element conversion fixes pointless and etc.

Oh OK.

Altiea
Jul 8, 2018, 09:32 PM
Original post updated.

Mr3chi
Jul 8, 2018, 10:50 PM
predictable charts! still i'm not a fan of how gufi going viral as new meta. they are now out dmg shit tons of class with that srollart alone without even doing chain. SEGEY must be happy with this.

aiMute
Jul 8, 2018, 11:41 PM
Those updates, nothingnew.png but maybe (lolno) sega will realize how overbuffed those classes are and how shitty are others. It should make them feel stupid to look at player polls that state that %classname% is fine and then see that (almost) no one used it in endless solo.

Dugs
Jul 9, 2018, 03:36 AM
they said a long time ago that the units would upgrade straight to the end of the evleda upgrade line when that happens, but yeah I imagined that plan also involved them adding the other two kingdoms to buster quests, like how the schvelle weapons were added when verun was. but I guess they've been scared so stiff by player reception that they have outright abandoned anything that involved buster quests

With the obvious exception of those schvelle rocks needed for Lumiere. Because other wise... that's 660 Cleasis for it?

Saffran
Jul 9, 2018, 05:57 AM
The-Importer>
the part you're quoting is not talking about the Lumiere upgrade, it's talking about the Austere NT not requiring stones to exchange.

the_importer_
Jul 9, 2018, 06:00 AM
The-Importer>
the part you're quoting is not talking about the Lumiere upgrade, it's talking about the Austere NT not requiring stones to exchange.

I hope so, I've been talking about Austere since the beginning, I don't know anything about Lumiere weapons.

Saffran
Jul 9, 2018, 06:06 AM
The part Milranduil was asking about is if they said Lumiere was getting an update or an upgrade. To which you answered speaking about the Austere NT.

(and btw they specifically said it would be an upgrade)

XrosBlader821
Jul 9, 2018, 06:08 AM
tbh since Austere OT is gonna be upgradeable to Austere NT im almost tempted to just get the OT weapons and upgrade them that way.

I have a 8s invade NT Sword from XQ but I wanna have all 3 weapons for my Hero Character and im too lazy to farm XQ.

echofaith
Jul 9, 2018, 07:28 AM
I want to be hyped for the Austere conversion as I have a few of them along with tons of materials for another 3 weapons, but chances are it will be same crap as Slave/Nemesis needing NT fodders which were drops only. Here is hoping the RNG for that conversion will at least be bearable :/

silo1991
Jul 9, 2018, 10:22 AM
if i understand the conversion correctly , i have my old invade DB if i turn it into austere(its not gonna have the grind i know) and also get another copy just for elemental grind .

when i turn it into NT it should have the grind cap in +35 just like the seiga weapons even if the OT weapons wasnt ever grinded

echofaith
Jul 9, 2018, 11:12 AM
Alternatively, you can also max the Austere element by feeding it 13* fodders of the same weapon kind(if you are maxing a Sword, you need all other fodders be 13* Swords). You will need 30 fodders if you go that route, but depending on the amount of stuff one could have gathered from all these CFs, it could be a better option. You also have the option to use the attribute boosters(5% each; 10% from the untradeables), but I expect them to rise in price again by then. I would save the mats from the 2nd copy to get a new weapon altogether seeing how easy is to get enough fodders nowdays.

Loveless62
Jul 9, 2018, 11:41 AM
Also you can get 13* weapons, like Vals and Demon weapons, right off of player shops to help max the element of your Austere. Depending on the type of weapon, they can cost you less than 100K each.

This may be the way to go, as PSO2 seems to be weening us off of CFs in favor of more RNG.

Zephyrion
Jul 9, 2018, 12:12 PM
While I'm glad they fixed one of the biggest sword problems, a.k.a Sacrifice byte, It now makes me wish they gave a good look at other HU weapons. Partisan is in a mostly good place, but is barely any stronger than Sword right now, so a buff to Sword could potentially make it nothing more than a niche weapon. And WL is forever rotting in a place of broken mechanics and inefficient PAs. Oh well I guess a step forward is a step forward xD

the_importer_
Jul 9, 2018, 11:46 PM
tbh since Austere OT is gonna be upgradeable to Austere NT im almost tempted to just get the OT weapons and upgrade them that way.

I have a 8s invade NT Sword from XQ but I wanna have all 3 weapons for my Hero Character and im too lazy to farm XQ.

We still have no clue what the trade will require, doubt it will be only OG Austere. They said no stones, but they didn't say no: crests, crafting material, Excubes, fuses, etc.,
I'm stock piling everything just in case.

Moffen
Jul 10, 2018, 05:11 AM
While I'm glad they fixed one of the biggest sword problems, a.k.a Sacrifice byte, It now makes me wish they gave a good look at other HU weapons. Partisan is in a mostly good place, but is barely any stronger than Sword right now, so a buff to Sword could potentially make it nothing more than a niche weapon. And WL is forever rotting in a place of broken mechanics and inefficient PAs. Oh well I guess a step forward is a step forward xD

I just want every grab PA on the WL to be 0pp unless i ACTUALLY grab something :c

Kintama
Jul 10, 2018, 11:18 AM
Pssst, mag actions still proc banish arrow.

vantpers
Jul 10, 2018, 05:21 PM
Sword buffs are nice, especially after the absolute failure of Hu/Fi in solo endless quest, a class marketed as strong in solo play. The only problem is that as it is Sword PAs are mechanically inferior in comparison to other PAs from other classes doing the same thing. I have the feelings those power only buffs will just amount to making Hunter into "at least it's not Techer" class instead of dropping it somewhere in the middle of power level rankings.

Nova Strike can be compared to Brightness End and Kanran. Both BE and Kanran have the advantage of being way shorter PAs that allow you to keep your mobility. Nova in comparison is also uncancellable for a long time after you let go of charge, no movement either. BE also has better AoE for being something more like a cone rather than requiring you to get in the middle of many damage sources to make full use of it. Kanran I think was also bigger. In fact Nova Strike is such a shit PA that it just becomes a death trap for anyone not running safety build more than anything else you can do on Sword. You also don't really get many more choices besides Rising Edge's lacking AoE and Ride Slasher that will only do at most half the noted damage if you're planning to use it to mob. I want to put Over End here but at this point everything goes just too fast to use it.

Sword has ring Sonic Arrow as a counter ability similar to Katana and Hero step. One problem with it is that Sonic Arrow generally lacks in AoE compared to both. SA just sucks as a PA even after some minor buffs. There is also Ignite Parrying which is harder to compare. Hero step counter has somewhat similar DPS but the problem is that Hero step counter is easier to use. Ignite Parrying unlike the other parry counters have to be JA'd and TAJA'd for maximum DPS, that means you can't interrupt PAs with it for easy opportunistic damage and if the enemy misses you or gets interrupted in the middle of his attack you have to cancel it and do something more useful. It also has smaller window than Hero step. There is also the thing again with Ignite Parrying taking its sweet time to unleash that damage in a somewhat disappointing AoE making it unusable in many situations.

All in all Sword will still be why even bother tier weapon unless the damage changes put the class raw DPS at least in situational parrying everything perfectly setting above a casual Gunner doing casual things with life leech not even letting it die. With how Sega seems to just drop Hunter into all rounder category, which can be pretty much translated as good for nothing waste of space, I doubt they will ever let any Hunter weapon be the best at anything.

Zorak000
Jul 11, 2018, 03:40 PM
the problem here is that what pscrew seems to consider "strong for solo play" is that it's very durable, and just guarding is a lot easier than some of the other evasive actions. you can clear content easier, if given enough time to, but that's not what endless quest is all about

anyway im kinda getting more and more disappointed about the fact they're sweeping buster quests under the rug instead of making an attempt to fix them, or at least telling us they are considering how to fix them based on feedback. The initial issue was that they made the quest tailored to Hero's abilities, with the strange assumption that the majority of the playerbase would be totally OK with the idea of dumping the classes they have focused on learning and gearing for five years, for the single advanced class. While since then, they have made a lot of changes that would theoretically help the other classes keep up with hero on the buster fields, they seem to have developed a total aversion to the mode itself. one of the biggest signs of this was the buster quest RDR boost from the new year's event web panel thing; I was looking forward to farming up some buster medals and more units with Sentence abilities, and then they decided to bring back the new year's LQs with a bigger boost than the one for buster quests!

the quests themselves needed more variety in the geography, the initial ones they released were extremely bland. they had us go to some cooler looking locations for some of the story quests ever since chapter 4, so what's kept those from at least giving us a better change of scenery? I can understand the idea that they don't want to accidentally make a map that's "too optimal" or "not optimal enough" otherwise people would simply abandon the quest because it wouldnt be worthwhile to run, but that's something they gotta design for.

the worst thing about all of this is that the framework they had started to make for buster quests was really really good! a system that would encourage endgame folk to go back and lend a hand to people still working their way up through the buster grades, all while earning a currency for getting cosmetics or special items to help with adding special abilities to their weapons and units is a really really good idea; but they simply didn't go far enough with it. devil castles dropping units with Sentence abilities; alongside the medal shop's Sentence Receptor unit as a step in the right direction on that end. What they really dropped the ball on was the fact that you shoot up through grade 1 and 2 so fast, and when you reach Main Match Advance, you can't do Free Quests to help out the people still clawing their way through regular grade 3, so they managed to still create a limbo for people who aren't totally on top of content right as it comes out.

Zephyrion
Jul 11, 2018, 03:56 PM
the problem here is that what pscrew seems to consider "strong for solo play" is that it's very durable, and just guarding is a lot easier than some of the other evasive actions. you can clear content easier, if given enough time to, but that's not what endless quest is all about

Which isn't even completely true. Sword can only properly defend during bossing, Partisan's evasion options are greatly limited by volg combos' nature, and WL just facetanks everything hoping Automate will outlast whatever you're fighting.
I find it so ironic that tons of classes got insane power buffs while they were already strong, but the class least susceptible to become broken even with massive power boosts is only getting one weapon buffed. I mean HU has tons of weapon-based limitations due to speed, movement and IP reliance (Sword) PP ( Partisan) and overreliance on grab mechanics to deal any amount of relevant damage (WL) but it never got anything special aside from the sweeping early EP5 buffs.

To add insult to injury, unless you do a super tank build and forsake damage in the process, other melee classes can be more tanky than HU, best example being BR/HU which can potentially have access to Automate, J reversal Cover and flash Guard/MH on top of Katana Counter, KC Escape, Invul on Endo 0 and Guren, and super armor on most PAs....and it deals a lot, lot more damage than HU, with better mobility and cancel options on top. But oh well no amount of complaints on a forum could solve the issue anyway xD

Zorak000
Jul 11, 2018, 04:14 PM
Once we're out of this whole event hullabaloo and the latest extension to the buster medal shop expiration date draws near in September, if they don't got anything lined up for them... what would you call the opposite of doubling down? Doubling back? Whiplash? whatever it is, that's what seems like they're doing here. a bunch of people made some angry internet comments, and now they are just falling back on their tired old Flavor of the Month White Beast S2 schemes

the only other excuse I can see is that they decided to cancel their plans at the time (I would have expected to see more events like Skull Rush happening between ARKS Rally Boosts, among other things), but they couldn't actually make New Content without corporate approval or something. There's a real stench of "we had to cancel plans, but we had to do something to hold people over until we can start doing the new plans" going on; I am not going to count Omega Loser though, that kinda seemed like part of the plan all along, though perhaps there could have been more to him than just the paint job and handful of new attacks.

XrosBlader821
Jul 11, 2018, 05:18 PM
I really liked the Bone Weapon event they made. The weapons themselves weren't that breathtaking but they gave a lot of NT-EXP Weapons so I would run them anyway. For some dumb reason that was the only BQ Event they made. And the Amount of EXP BQ 3 & 3+ gives are seriously underappreciated. Maybe as more and more useful items enter the SG shop people will realize that running BQ for the weekly SG alone is worth it. I dunno how the individual classes perform nowadays but seeing non HR-in an MPA is much less jarring nowadays than it used to be.

Dark Mits
Jul 12, 2018, 04:50 AM
I dunno how the individual classes perform nowadays but seeing non HR-in an MPA is much less jarring nowadays than it used to be.Ah, the good times of dropping a group at countdown if your group didn't consist of 11 HRs and 1 TE without any reprecussions.

XrosBlader821
Jul 12, 2018, 06:48 AM
Ah, the good times of dropping a group at countdown if your group didn't consist of 11 HRs and 1 TE without any reprecussions.

I'm speaking about BQ specifically. 8 man MPA not 12 :P
I don't remember caring about the match up in regular EQ's.

Dark Mits
Jul 12, 2018, 07:26 AM
I'm speaking about BQ specifically. 8 man MPA not 12 :P
I don't remember caring about the match up in regular EQ's.Same deal :p Just replace 11 HR with 8 HR and 1 TE with 0 TE :p

Edit:
People did care about mpa composition in non-BQ content too, at least in non-expert. The speed difference was huge; a HR group had a clear speed of 3x+ faster compared to a group without HRs. Of course this could be because the majority of "knowledgeable" players and of those who care about performance simply flocked to the then superior class. I remember having huge delays and players leaving the mpa when there were more than 3-4 non-HR players in the room.