Maulcun
Jul 19, 2018, 10:51 AM
Interview by 4Gamer
https://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20180709078/

Interview by Famitsu
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201807/20160816.html?page=3

LinkEP
Jul 19, 2018, 01:19 PM
new phantasy star development different from PSO2?
I wonder which PS universe it'll be? or maybe another universe.

XrosBlader821
Jul 19, 2018, 02:11 PM
New Game? Phantasy Star Supernova for PS4 and Switch!

This Wand Section on the 4Gamer article really reads like If they threw the Wand PA together simply to counter current weaknesses of Te without really taking future content into consideration and they won't make a new one till new problems arise. Kinda a shame really, the only idea about Te sega has been consistent about are Shifta/Deband buffs but when it comes to combat they have no Idea what do do with it >_>

Maulcun
Jul 19, 2018, 02:12 PM
The PSO2 needs a rebirth like the FF14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs0yQKI7Yw4

silo1991
Jul 19, 2018, 02:28 PM

sega had their chance in EP4 reborn and nothing big happen

XrosBlader821
Jul 19, 2018, 02:29 PM
The franchise PS (PSO2) needs a rebirth like the FF14

Didn't watch the Video but I'll assume you mean an total overhaul patch?

Yeah I agree that there is a lot of Content people just don't care about anymore and a lot of Game mechanics that are either pointless or shortsighted design choices. But there is unfortunately always the huge chance of such patch alienating the playerbase.

Angry_Ryudo
Jul 19, 2018, 02:44 PM
Phantasy Star Offline perhaps?

Zorak000
Jul 19, 2018, 03:12 PM
have the 7th Dragon team remake Phantasy Star 1

landman
Jul 19, 2018, 03:56 PM
The true remake we need is Phantasy Star III :P

echofaith
Jul 19, 2018, 03:59 PM
Hoping for an offline phantasy (:

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 19, 2018, 05:41 PM
New Game? Phantasy Star Supernova for PS4 and Switch!

This Wand Section on the 4Gamer article really reads like If they threw the Wand PA together simply to counter current weaknesses of Te without really taking future content into consideration and they won't make a new one till new problems arise. Kinda a shame really, the only idea about Te sega has been consistent about are Shifta/Deband buffs but when it comes to combat they have no Idea what do do with it >_>

Almost reminds me of how Guren Tessen was damn-near the one-PA answer to everything for katanas for a while.

LancerFate
Jul 19, 2018, 07:00 PM
Almost reminds me of how Guren Tessen was damn-near the one-PA answer to everything for katanas for a while.

What about The Great Shunka age ^^

Saffran
Jul 19, 2018, 07:36 PM
For the 30th year anniversary, they could announce another anime series explaining the lore...
Sort of like the tower of druaga but with PS1.

AnikaSteinberg
Jul 19, 2018, 09:09 PM
The consistency of this interviewers' persistence on asking about Wand stuff through the years is frankly amazing.

TehCubey
Jul 19, 2018, 10:07 PM

Nope.

FF XIV 1.0 was a commercial flop and a disaster on all fronts - gameplay, mechanics, software optimization, common sense, etc. On the other hand PSO2 started pretty strong and only got more popular and successful in time.

Western fans love to hate on ep 4 (for dumb reasons IMHO but that's not the topic here) but that was the peak of the game's popularity, and even now, much maligned as ep 5 is, it's still more popular than eps 1-3 were.

arokidaaron
Jul 19, 2018, 10:44 PM
I'll just be posting this here. https://30th-anniversary-phantasystar.sega.jp/

the_importer_
Jul 20, 2018, 12:36 AM
Because of course it will be for smart phones -_-
The only "Phantasy" in this game will be able to finish it without paying your way to the end credits.

wefwq
Jul 20, 2018, 12:38 AM
RPG for iOS/Android
https://i.imgur.com/PRhpntE.jpg

arokidaaron
Jul 20, 2018, 01:21 AM
You guys expect too much, this is SEGA we're talking about.

landman
Jul 20, 2018, 01:45 AM
Yep, let's forget about sega delivering, they have atlus now, at least they are working on true rpgs.

SteveCZ
Jul 20, 2018, 02:26 AM
I'm actually excited for it. Looking forward for the launch.

XrosBlader821
Jul 20, 2018, 03:08 AM
Nope.

FF XIV 1.0 was a commercial flop and a disaster on all fronts - gameplay, mechanics, software optimization, common sense, etc. On the other hand PSO2 started pretty strong and only got more popular and successful in time.

Western fans love to hate on ep 4 (for dumb reasons IMHO but that's not the topic here) but that was the peak of the game's popularity, and even now, much maligned as ep 5 is, it's still more popular than eps 1-3 were.

Games have total overhaul patches even when they're popular and technically work just fine.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 20, 2018, 04:24 AM
I'll just be posting this here. https://30th-anniversary-phantasystar.sega.jp/
into the trash, we already have ES, we dont need a full blown mobile mmorpg

You guys expect too much, this is SEGA we're talking about.
no but this game has 4yrs left on its lifespan, at the very least they could have hinted at working on the next big MMO but i dont expect that until at least 2020 for a teaser of sorts

I'm actually excited for it. Looking forward for the launch.
excited for a mobile game? ho boi

well looks like Ep5 is spilling into 2019 100% for sure this time followed by a "new race boss" which i can still only hope beasts or a new race all together gets added into Ep6 but i cant be hopeful as much. Good to hear theyre still working on improving classes and gameplay but we just have to see how they go about it. and no huge event next month because the stadium they usually do it in us under renovations

LinkEP
Jul 20, 2018, 04:45 AM
I'm pretty sure "new race boss" is a mistranslation of 新レイドボス "new raid boss".

FantasyHeaven
Jul 20, 2018, 05:26 AM
they have atlus now, at least they are working on true rpgs.
That's a stretch.

Dark Mits
Jul 20, 2018, 06:15 AM
Post moved to appropriat thread

Digital Doom
Jul 20, 2018, 06:33 AM
I would be happy if the 30th anniversary iOS game was just pso1 or blueburst ! Haha I think that’s the only thing that would make me excited.(yes I know that won’t happen but still sounds nice). Honestly it’s getting super boring only having 1 LQ to run now and then , for items not even really worth the time. The first 14* gen weapons are still more fun and attractive and stronger than almost any newer ones. Also 99% of all content is pointless. Like right now farming a LQ for some daggers I’ll never use , but there’s nothing else to do....

SteveCZ
Jul 20, 2018, 06:33 AM
Hopefully with graphics like Star Ocean Anamnesis or better :-o

XrosBlader821
Jul 20, 2018, 07:09 AM
I would be happy if the 30th anniversary iOS game was just pso1 or blueburst ! Haha I think that’s the only thing that would make me excited.(yes I know that won’t happen but still sounds nice). Honestly it’s getting super boring only having 1 LQ to run now and then , for items not even really worth the time. The first 14* gen weapons are still more fun and attractive and stronger than almost any newer ones. Also 99% of all content is pointless. Like right now farming a LQ for some daggers I’ll never use , but there’s nothing else to do....

Yeah I hope people will start running the forest again after LQ are over. Literally everything I need to drop is in that quest, not LQ.

Digital Doom
Jul 20, 2018, 07:24 AM
Yeah I hope people will start running the forest again after LQ are over. Literally everything I need to drop is in that quest, not LQ.

Yep exactly. Better drops in EF but no ones playing it. These new 14* are ugly and a joke and I’m not big into the Weapons that require SAs to be better. I like the more old school ones, like just affixing big attack haha. How about making Free fields and Ultimate quests a thing again. Honestly the most fun I’ve had in this game in years is just recently when they added EF and added a bunch of useful drops. It is so nice being able to just jump into a game and start farming away. Also I think conquer crests were a mistake. I see everyone in the game running around with EPDs and Atasukis. So even playing just casually you can have all the best weapons in the game just handed to you from zeig. Hell, I’ve even seen people with non affixed units and +10/30 epds and 14*s running around they don’t even know how to play the game.. it has gotten bad , real bad. One thing about pso1 that made it so legend is it was rare to see someone with a psycho wand or sealed J etc . But it made the game 100x more exciting because it made you want to play the game until you got one, even if never do. Btw I still love pso2, but mainly cause I’m just a pso fan, and it’s whats relevant right now, but it’s by far my least favorite out of pso1, psu, and psp2 infinity.

Jene-chan
Jul 20, 2018, 08:42 AM
A few things.

Also I think conquer crests were a mistake.

RNG based progression is not fun or rewarding. Crests are just a natural extension of the CF system (or Phantasy Stone Online if you wanna think about it that way) and it gives players an actual way of progressing towards strong weapons instead of them being relegated to a dice roll. PSO1 was purely RNG based progression (you have some rose-tinted glasses going on about PSO1 too), but online game design has evolved and the player's expectations have evolved with it. Even the Noclip documentary that was linked on page 1 covers this when SquareEnix management thought they could get away with the same stuff they did at the time of FF11's launch with FF14 1.0 and we all know how that went. PSO1 design philosophy is antiquated.

RNG based progression also doesn't reward individual player effort. Player A could be doing all of the given damage in an MPA and Player B could be borderline AFK, but between those two players, in regards to drops, effort isn't a factor in that equation -- just the dice roll at the end that determines what you get (combined with Rare Drop up stuff, of course). Granted, the amount of Crests you get isn't based on effort but you can do all of the EQs that drop them and clear Solo EX on as many classes as you can as a way of your effort being "rewarded".

Also, almost all of the weapons offered in Zieg's exchange shop at over one and a half years old at this point. The weapons in general are good though some have been power crept by Atra or other weapons. Some of them are worthless like Akatsuki (do I even need to explain this one) and Quelle Windea (powercrept by Atra TMG and only GU mains will pick them up for the invul effect). The good ones (Lavis, EPD, Kazami, Quelle Scarlet, Spread, Ryucross) represent large improvements to how the classes are played/geared. Comparing Lavis attack speed/lack of hitstun to any vanilla wand at this point is jarring. EPD makes gearing for Force way easier even though the upcoming Elemental Conversion change may make EPD slightly less worthwhile (this is another topic entirely).

I would rather have crests as an actual method of progression than saying "well I wish my Techer was better but here's hoping Lavis drops" while hoisting all of your enjoyment on the low chance that RNG actually works in your favor. Don't forget that before crests and the overall 14* drop rate buff, you saw people with 14*s but it was far, far less common.

I'm pretty critical of the dev team of PSO2 but crests is one of the good things they've done in recent times even if the weapons you get from them are largely inferior to their +35 versions.

zandra117
Jul 20, 2018, 08:47 AM
I see that they are still sticking to the 10 year plan

Digital Doom
Jul 20, 2018, 09:24 AM
Agree to disagree. I like rng

Zorak000
Jul 20, 2018, 09:55 AM
yeah though it needs some tweaking; the Law of Averages is spread over the entire playerbase, which leads to some people swimming in drops while others see absolutely nothing no matter how much they play

outside of some shien, guren, and egg drops, the only 14* i've gotten was a glide giroia, and believe you me I've ran a lot of EQs. meanwhile I see a couple teammates positively drowning in them, one of them dreads finding stuff because he simply cannot afford to properly upgrade everything he has so far, he's gotten more 14* drops from enchanted forest than bode units, which he only has one of so far.

Digital Doom
Jul 20, 2018, 09:59 AM
yeah though it needs some tweaking; the Law of Averages is spread over the entire playerbase, which leads to some people swimming in drops while others see absolutely nothing no matter how much they play

It’s hard for me to relate since I got a epd back off boosted mommy when almost no one had one, and got a spread needle from a forest trigger back when not many had them. Which were some of my most memorable and fun moments in pso2. But ya guess your right, I have friends who play more than me and have just 0-1 14*s. I watched the ff14 was very interesting, I played ff14 for about 2 years ,
I quit right before the expansion came out with the new classes like samurai and dancer. Came back to pso2. Think it’s time to go back and check out ff14, the deep dungeon stuff and some new content looks super fun , plus I miss the music.

Kintama
Jul 20, 2018, 11:03 AM
Do we have any translation of these?

milranduil
Jul 20, 2018, 01:50 PM
Agree to disagree. I like rng

rng is fine until you can't sell the best weps in the game. you have such a hard-on for pso1 which is fine. what did pso1 do differently? trading. you could get super lucky by finding SJS in PW4 but then sell it to the highest bidder, easy peasy. all of the best gear in pso2, for a long time now, has ALL been hunt it yourself and pray to the gods because there is literally no other way.

if crests didn't exist, i would still not have epd/kazami, the main weps for the 2 classes i enjoy the most, after 19 months despite having run EQ and forest religiously. that's over a year and a half. i know plenty of people who hunted for psycho wand, heavens punisher, SJS etc. in pso1 who ran for a fraction of that time to get the rare they wanted. pso2 is worse rng and you cannot trade end-game gear.

Digital Doom
Jul 20, 2018, 03:17 PM
rng is fine until you can't sell the best weps in the game. you have such a hard-on for pso1 which is fine. what did pso1 do differently? trading. you could get super lucky by finding SJS in PW4 but then sell it to the highest bidder, easy peasy. all of the best gear in pso2, for a long time now, has ALL been hunt it yourself and pray to the gods because there is literally no other way.

if crests didn't exist, i would still not have epd/kazami, the main weps for the 2 classes i enjoy the most, after 19 months despite having run EQ and forest religiously. that's over a year and a half. i know plenty of people who hunted for psycho wand, heavens punisher, SJS etc. in pso1 who ran for a fraction of that time to get the rare they wanted. pso2 is worse rng and you cannot trade end-game gear.

I guess we aren’t allowed to have opinions here. As far as a hard- on, I just said I like rng , it’s always added some surprise or excitement to the game. I use a couple crest weapons also, including for my main class GU, but I never was a big baby about it not dropping, I’m glad I haven’t got one to drop yet because it gives me something to still try to get in this game. That’s what enchanted forest is for , all the babies who cry about not getting there best weapons should go live in that place until they get them. Have a nice day. Because face it , once you get all classes to 85 and have every 14* Weapon you want , there isn’t shit to do in this game , trust me I know.

XrosBlader821
Jul 20, 2018, 03:32 PM
I guess we aren’t allowed to have opinions here. As far as a hard- on, I just said I like rng , it’s always added some surprise or excitement to the game. I use a couple crest weapons also, including for my main class GU, but I never was a big baby about it not dropping, I’m glad I haven’t got one to drop yet because it gives me something to still try to get in this game. That’s what enchanted forest is for , all the babies who cry about not getting there best weapons should go live in that place until they get them. Have a nice day. Because face it , once you get all classes to 85 and have every 14* Weapon you want , there isn’t shit to do in this game , trust me I know.

Yeah because everyone who couldn't drop that weapon for over a year is a crying baby, right. You're lucky because your main is Gunner, aka one of the best classes in terms of DPS. Try playing Te and realize how miserable your time is going to be without Lavis. Or try playing Fo and realize how fun Element Conversion is, building a rainbow sets of Weapons is fun. OR play Su and realize how you're pretty much forced to affix S-ATK (the most expensive Affix type) because T-ATK only became viable with thanks to Rykros. Conqueror crests are the best thing to happen since the EP5 backlash.

Jene-chan
Jul 20, 2018, 03:36 PM

I find it amusing that you like RNG and a few posts back you bring up how you want to go back to FF14, which is a game that thrives on content-based progression and gear isn't RNG at all in that game.

Also, it varies by person but I've been playing PSO2 pretty avidly since Dragon dropped back in 12/17 and I've gotten exactly 3 14*s - Gear Experience, Kazami and Spread Needle. I don't even like Katana Braver but here I am with a +35 Kazami. People I know have been showered in 14*s while I basically got nothing for around 5 months. In the meantime of that, however, I was busy grinding on crests and got the weapons that I did want so at least I was able to make progression in that sense but if we didn't have that, it would be a complete shit show.

Saying you like RNG is fine but being unable to understand why people don't like luck based progression is a bit baffling. Also saying "just go live in EF" is also pretty dumb considering our complaint is "we want measurable progression" and you're essentially "just go live in RNG land".

Digital Doom
Jul 20, 2018, 03:41 PM
Yeah because everyone who couldn't drop that weapon for over a year is a crying baby, right. You're lucky because your main is Gunner, aka one of the best classes in terms of DPS. Try playing Te and realize how miserable your time is going to be without Lavis. Or try playing Fo and realize how fun Element Conversion is, building a rainbow sets of Weapons is fun. OR play Su and realize how you're pretty much forced to affix S-ATK (the most expensive Affix type) because T-ATK only became viable with thanks to Rykros. Conqueror crests are the best thing to happen since the EP5 backlash.

I see all the valid points now everyone’s making , I get it now , thanks

Jene-chan
Jul 20, 2018, 03:49 PM
If I had a 14* for every time you edited your post to change your opinion...

zangechan
Jul 20, 2018, 03:50 PM
didn't you say earlier that crests were trash because you can easily get a 14* from zieg, and you main a class thats BIS is a weapon made with a rock from a title requiring 0 rng and if you arent using atra tmg on gunner youre probably garbage, but if you are using atra you're a huge fucking hypocrite.

milranduil
Jul 20, 2018, 05:15 PM
I guess we aren’t allowed to have opinions here.
i have no problems with any opinion. i only have a problem with opinions based on logical fallacies, lack of knowledge, or inherent bias.

As far as a hard- on, I just said I like rng , it’s always added some surprise or excitement to the game. I use a couple crest weapons also, including for my main class GU, but I never was a big baby about it not dropping, I’m glad I haven’t got one to drop yet because it gives me something to still try to get in this game. That’s what enchanted forest is for , all the babies who cry about not getting there best weapons should go live in that place until they get them. Have a nice day.
what part of "after 19 months despite having run EQ and forest religiously." do you not understand?

Because face it , once you get all classes to 85 and have every 14* Weapon you want , there isn’t shit to do in this game , trust me I know.
the last permanent addition was endless quest, possibly one of the best things they've ever added to the game imo, gave it unique drop affixes, and rewards you for being good at it both in solo and party environments. is that not worthwhile enough for you?

Masu
Jul 20, 2018, 08:14 PM
*SNIP*OR play Su and realize how you're pretty much forced to affix S-ATK (the most expensive Affix type) because T-ATK only became viable with thanks to Rykros*SNIP*.
Adadsf. Playing Su/Fi with t atk gear and mag (and Guren takt) and I find it perfectly fine...on the other end the number of Su/Fi players I see, looking proud with their Rykros staff [SPOILER-BOX]and S atk (only) units[/SPOILER-BOX]
:-?

Do we have any translation of these?

Google translate is doing an ok job imo.

milranduil
Jul 20, 2018, 09:31 PM
Adadsf. Playing Su/Fi with t atk gear and mag (and Guren takt) and I find it perfectly fine...on the other end the number of Su/Fi players I see, looking proud with their Rykros staff [SPOILER-BOX]and S atk (only) units[/SPOILER-BOX]
:-?

Google translate is doing an ok job imo.

i thinkt he point was you're rewarded heavily by using s-atk because of fi sub having tons of extra SP to max all the s-atk up skills (and crazy beat if status'd)

XrosBlader821
Jul 23, 2018, 06:09 AM
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/766/1766471/

There was an interview with Dengeki Playstation too. Apparently Sakai is considering dropping the "advanced class" name. Or at least change it into something that doesn't make it sound superior to Standard classes.

Also wow they finally realized that the Light attribute is most popular one and the other ones are generally not used and that they plan to adress it somehow. Maybe you shouldn't have made over 50% of the game weak to the Light attribute you silly goose Esca Darkers, Deus Esca as well as Omega Golems did not need the Light attribute weakness.

They also don't plan any BQ updates which is a real shame but they seem to want to make a quest similar to EBQ but with new elements.

Poyonche
Jul 23, 2018, 09:39 AM
They also don't plan any BQ updates which is a real shame but they seem to want to make a quest similar to EBQ but with new elements.

So no Main Match in Cuent Canyon, nor in Epic's Desert or Es-Ars whatever... :(

Anduril
Jul 23, 2018, 10:54 AM
So no Main Match in Cuent Canyon, nor in Epic's Desert or Es-Ars whatever... :(

It would have been nice if they had properly planned BQs instead of the all-in approach they took with them; they could have spaced out the release of new BQ areas, and actually added different mechanics for those areas, while having other content, like new Free Fields in those areas, spaced in between. Looks like the backlash from them was enough to just make them completely abandon the idea altogether.

silo1991
Jul 23, 2018, 10:54 AM
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/766/1766471/

Also wow they finally realized that the Light attribute is most popular one and the other ones are generally not used and that they plan to adress it somehow. Maybe you shouldn't have made over 50% of the game weak to the Light attribute you silly goose Esca Darkers, Deus Esca as well as Omega Golems did not need the Light attribute weakness.

in case of esca darkers(also falz mother) , they were a desesperate try to rescue the phantoms , because they were a lost cause to begin with .

deus esca he should be weak against wind and darkness definily a mad decition there. and omega golems should be weak to ice (pokemon logic also ice its like water tecnically)

and no more updatess to BQ to bad , they could make random modes , like a MOBA vs ai , or even cities/ villages defence or even an special event in wich spawns a lot of darker clones

Jene-chan
Jul 23, 2018, 11:26 AM
It would have been nice if they had properly planned BQs instead of the all-in approach they took with them; they could have spaced out the release of new BQ areas, and actually added different mechanics for those areas, while having other content, like new Free Fields in those areas, spaced in between. Looks like the backlash from them was enough to just make them completely abandon the idea altogether.

They always have this problem with new contents - they design a brand new mode and then abandon it within 6 months. Riding Quest was the exact same thing where it was cool when it launched and it was initially a fresh idea but it never got supported afterwards (except the one time it was boosted in EP5). The same is true of Ultimate Quests and Challenge Mode. Advanced kinda has a reason to exist but with TTF in the weekly Recommended Quest rotation, there's really no reason to do that either since TTF mashing on SH is way better than Advanced Quests on any level.

I was skeptical when they announced that there weren't going to be any new Free Fields in EP5 and Buster Quest was going to be the mode to play expecting that this would be the result and they had to basically run back almost everything they said. Even Enchanted Forest Free Field is a concession cuz really the only reason to do it is a slightly better chance at 14*s that have been in the game for over a year and a half. I'm actually curious to see how occupied Forest FF will be once Arkumaland and the Boost Week after it ends. I'm sure in the top XH block there will at least be an MPA or two but I doubt people will be mashing it hard.

milranduil
Jul 23, 2018, 12:08 PM
They always have this problem with new contents - they design a brand new mode and then abandon it within 6 months. Riding Quest was the exact same thing where it was cool when it launched and it was initially a fresh idea but it never got supported afterwards (except the one time it was boosted in EP5). The same is true of Ultimate Quests and Challenge Mode. Advanced kinda has a reason to exist but with TTF in the weekly Recommended Quest rotation, there's really no reason to do that either since TTF mashing on SH is way better than Advanced Quests on any level.

I was skeptical when they announced that there weren't going to be any new Free Fields in EP5 and Buster Quest was going to be the mode to play expecting that this would be the result and they had to basically run back almost everything they said. Even Enchanted Forest Free Field is a concession cuz really the only reason to do it is a slightly better chance at 14*s that have been in the game for over a year and a half. I'm actually curious to see how occupied Forest FF will be once Arkumaland and the Boost Week after it ends. I'm sure in the top XH block there will at least be an MPA or two but I doubt people will be mashing it hard.

people will still want jutus/lumiere when it inevitably gets buffed, and they're arguably harder to obtain the one you want than the 14*'s.

Zephyrion
Jul 23, 2018, 12:52 PM

Whis is very sad, they could have made a real nice Fire-Embleme--esque deal with them (sand patches limiting mobility, enemies spawning from behind mounts, reinforcement waves, different spawn formations, incapacitation lasting through the entire quest, but letting you interact with crystals and towers as a ghost, or whatever other cool implementation one could come with).

Especially sad when you consider most of the gripes people had about BQ (amount of farm required for Evleda, lack of different landscapes and variations, medals and stamina locked to free match, stringent stamina count, BQ points capping at 3000) were pretty much all addressed.

The problem lies with quest format more than everything. Simple rule of logic is it's harder to gather 12 people when everybody flocks to the newest piece of content
SEGA actually understood that and released tons of 4-man content to address this issue, and it has been working mostly fine actually, you can randomly pop a EF or Loser trigger and get people to join, or gather people for rounds of XQ/Endless far more easily than for pretty much any 12 man content.

Enchanted Forest Free Field, as milranduil said, is far from being dead, SEGA announced Lumiere upgrade, and also mentioned that it will regularly get updated. I'm pretty sure once Arkumaland is done, Apprentice and Apostolo will be added to the quest, and Dragon *14 will eventually come once it inevitably rolls out of the EQ schedule, therefore giving it a fresh new life.

Dark Mits
Jul 23, 2018, 12:59 PM
If I recall correctly, they mentioned that new enemies will be added to Enchanted Forest. Most possibly the "bug" type darkers (Dagans, Dicahdas, etc) along with Omega Apprezina

Jene-chan
Jul 23, 2018, 01:13 PM
re: 4 man content, I feel it's the number of people required and also the rewards being more relevant for running them. O. Loser triggers yield high EXP and the potential for his 14*s. Forest Trigger has the potential for 14*s and desirable S-Abils on weapons (Double-Edged, et cetera). New EX quest for Invades and Endless for actual fun and possibly S-Abil caps and Lesser affixes.

If Ultimate had better drop rates for Slave NT/Nem NT, it would be more worthwhile to run but as it presently stands, it's so abysmal that it's not worth it. You can really say that of all dead content outside of times when they're randomly boosted which we can't really predict other than when they tell us they're planning to do it and don't give us a time frame (e.g. boosted Vader).

Also, I had forgotten about the Lumiere update and that they were going to continue to add stuff to Forest as time goes on, so that is true. Probably that will be enough incentive to keep it relatively active but it does depend on the drop rates. O. Loser and Omega Hunar 14*s already drop there but that rate is so low since they're tied to the Boss Codes and not as an area drop.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 23, 2018, 04:41 PM
Loser and Omega Hunar 14*s already drop there but that rate is so low since they're tied to the Boss Codes and not as an area drop.
ya theyre meant to be higher on their actual EQs not something that can be farmed 24/7 but Jutus rates are most likely going to be the same since atm and until Austere comes out, Lumiere is winning regardless if its only a few % points lower than lets say Shien or something because of a future buff and we still dont know how good or bad Austere 14*'s are gonna be either

KaizoKage
Jul 23, 2018, 04:48 PM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xHMYtziuHOJBdK7AuXxSgpJNsiads4CtYeBQyfv1nEk/edit

I saw this on FB's PSO2 group which is a translated interview from different sources and was shared by Victor Thorne on FB and credits to the translated interview goes to Azelyra & Gestia

Interesting read really.

"・Hamasaki believes Hero and Dark Blast were the biggest issues with Episode 5.." ......they don't say

Touka
Jul 23, 2018, 06:12 PM
So they would've focused more on hero db and buster if the player base backlash never happened haha.It's good that the backlash was a wake up call for them.

Flaoc
Jul 23, 2018, 06:14 PM
the biggest issue is easily gunner another s roll arts.. literally 0 iq

XrosBlader821
Jul 23, 2018, 06:29 PM
I think they're just phrasing it in a way to not lose any face.

Hero and DB are not the issue of EP5. Hero is by far the best designed class so far and DB can can be ignored (in fact thats what people do in Solo EQ runs).

The problem is that Hero was so well designed that the cracks in our regular classes started to look more like rifts. It also didn't help that BQ and Crimson Dragon were designed around Hero's strengths (high mobbing power and mobility coupled with being able to use all 3 Attack types depending on Dragon Body part resistance and Hero counter everything) and a lot regular classes simply couldn't keep up with that.

Unless Google translate bamboozels me one of the two gentlemen said that by the time they release level cap 90 they want all classes to be pretty much on an even playing field so gotta wait and see what the level 90 Skills gonna be like.

AlphaBlob
Jul 23, 2018, 06:46 PM
There better be a new difficulty once level 90 hits, because XH level requirement has inconsistent since ep4... First it was 70+, then 75+, then 75/75+...

Anduril
Jul 23, 2018, 07:01 PM
There better be a new difficulty once level 90 hits, because XH level requirement has inconsistent since ep4... First it was 70+, then 75+, then 75/75+...

Random tangential thought that this brought to my mind: I get that they wanted to go with Normal, Hard, and Very Hard for the nostalgia of the original PSO after the C, B, A, S, S2, etc from PSU, but I don't understand why they never just went with some numeric system to tell the difficulty, since having to find new adjectives or adding even more "S"s to describe the difficulty level is just dumb.
They could have gone with something like star levels to mirror what we already have with weapons, and then with each difficulty increase they just need to add an extra star to describe how difficult it is, and you wouldn't even need a graphical representation of all the stars in a line, just something like "☆1," "☆5," etc.

XrosBlader821
Jul 23, 2018, 07:46 PM
I don't think we'll see a new difficulty ever again. if Phantasy star Nova is any indication they're gonna stretch XH difficulty until 15* weapons come out and the game support starts running dry.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 23, 2018, 08:36 PM
I don't think we'll see a new difficulty ever again. if Phantasy star Nova is any indication they're gonna stretch XH difficulty until 15* weapons come out and the game support starts running dry.
double XXH except the only thing that changes is the enemies level and drop chart.

Dark Mits
Jul 24, 2018, 12:34 AM
...since having to find new adjectives or adding even more "S"s to describe the difficulty level is just dumb.I can think 2 more difficulty levels that wouldn't mess with our current shorthand writing: Ultra Hard (UH) and Absolute Hard (AH). Some games use the term Nightmare for their highest difficulty too.

double XXH except the only thing that changes is the enemies level and drop chart.Well, it's not like N -> H -> VH was anything different. SH just made enemies move at double their speed, and XH was again just a level buff on enemies.

Flaoc
Jul 24, 2018, 12:41 AM
theres a chance the final difficulty will be ultimate like pso1.. ultimate quests dont really count since they are technically xh themselves and it would make a bit of sense to have that as the final difficulty

ArcaneTechs
Jul 24, 2018, 01:04 AM
Well, it's not like N -> H -> VH was anything different. SH just made enemies move at double their speed, and XH was again just a level buff on enemies.
no i know, i mean, they can double their speed again, more atk/hp, combo's, reskins as usual (if we're lucky new models/enemies all together)= still be XH lol

Dark Mits
Jul 24, 2018, 02:06 AM
no i know, i mean, they can double their speed again, more atk/hp, combo's, reskins as usual (if we're lucky new models/enemies all together)= still be XH lolLooking at it from another point of view, the only reason we do Free Fields (not counting EF) and ARKS Quests is because they are Daily Featured. They are not there to progress our character equipment-wise, but to allow lower level players to catch up to the level caps. For the more hardcore folk there exist lvl80 XQs, rank 50 AQs, Endless, EQ rematches, UQ.

For me the main problem is that players have been given so much power creep that working with others is sort of counter-intuitive. By that I mean that in pretty much 100% of the game you only care what you do, and not what others do; EQs are realistically the Player and 11 NPCs who have good dps (and who may say "Thank you for party" at the end). Maybe Sega could experiment with some new challenges where working together with other is the key to success, and not mindlessly spamming attacks. The Capture ECs are one, but the reward from doing it correctly is too small to even bother (not to mention that the boss dies before the Capture message appears)

Zephyrion
Jul 24, 2018, 02:56 AM
I think they're just phrasing it in a way to not lose any face.

Hero and DB are not the issue of EP5. Hero is by far the best designed class so far and DB can can be ignored (in fact thats what people do in Solo EQ runs).

The problem is that Hero was so well designed that the cracks in our regular classes started to look more like rifts. It also didn't help that BQ and Crimson Dragon were designed around Hero's strengths (high mobbing power and mobility coupled with being able to use all 3 Attack types depending on Dragon Body part resistance and Hero counter everything) and a lot regular classes simply couldn't keep up with that.

Unless Google translate bamboozels me one of the two gentlemen said that by the time they release level cap 90 they want all classes to be pretty much on an even playing field so gotta wait and see what the level 90 Skills gonna be like.

I'm one of the only people that think that Hero is an okay design, but I definitely wouldn't call it great. A class/character being too good is ALWAYS harmful, versatility should always come at a price, and SEGA has trouble defining that price. Hero boost being the only damage conditional is err and oversimplifies the class to a "I do whatever I want unless I get hit, in which case I become pathetic".

Gear Management is supposed to be the more involved part, but it falls on its head due to obscure and unexplained mechanics (game doesn't even mention Gear Gain decay for overrusing some actions is a thing) and the vast discrepancies between the weapons (as in we got one actual weapon, one gear slave with some situational applications, and a secondary bad gear slave only used as a PP battery, even when heads are present).

The idea of 4 PA is good, but so many of them are just bad or lack imagination (Moment Trick and Second Edge don't have any good practical use aside from weapon switch, Final Storm is straight useless. Jet Wheel and Wise Hound can only justify their existence because of Gear, which I find kind of shallow)

Now don't get me wrong, Hero is definitely an improvement and a step in the right direction, and it has a lot less issues than a lot of some old classes, but there are things it did wrong, and hopefully some of them will be fixed while some other will be minded for the next advanced class

Arada
Jul 24, 2018, 03:35 AM
I can think 2 more difficulty levels that wouldn't mess with our current shorthand writing: Ultra Hard (UH) and Absolute Hard (AH). Some games use the term Nightmare for their highest difficulty too.

Well, it's not like N -> H -> VH was anything different. SH just made enemies move at double their speed, and XH was again just a level buff on enemies.

My team believes it's going to be called "Super Normal". :-D