https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhvkN8shmvI&feature=youtu.be

Site
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20180627/

SteveCZ
Jul 28, 2018, 04:06 AM
MUST.
GET.
SWIMWEARS (Serafi WOW), SERAFI + STRATOS HAIRS, LAs

Sorry for the caps guys I've been waiting for this for a year. I'm one of the fan service willing victim. :-?

Zulastar
Jul 28, 2018, 06:37 AM
MUST.
GET.
SWIMWEARS (Serafi WOW), SERAFI + STRATOS HAIRS, LAs

3 scratches in a row with coolest stuff without any gap to save money will make players to spend tons of AC on them.
SEGA just being assholes as always while they need money for their vacations...

XrosBlader821
Jul 28, 2018, 08:03 AM
3 scratches in a row with coolest stuff without any gap to save money will make players to spend tons of AC on them.

or sega wants us to use all 30 free august scratches

Zulastar
Jul 28, 2018, 08:26 AM
or sega wants us to use all 30 free august scratches

Whoa! Where you found that? Can you share a link, please?

XrosBlader821
Jul 28, 2018, 08:36 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/campaign/6th_present/#

Zulastar
Jul 28, 2018, 08:46 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/campaign/6th_present/#

Thank you very much! That's good news. I didn't expect such generosity. Yep all these tikcets will be used for this scratch along with all AC I save by now.

oratank
Jul 28, 2018, 09:26 AM
nope i won't step into those trap.keep it for grace pow

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 28, 2018, 10:40 AM
nope i won't step into those trap.keep it for grace pow

I may still have hundreds of millions thanks to doragon EQ release, but I'm going to proceed pretending those do not exist at their current price.

My body is ready for seraphy swimwear and possibly the hula dance.

echofaith
Jul 28, 2018, 11:15 AM
I been wanting this Seraphy swimwear for a while and it seems that the bikini pareo may get revived at last too (:

Terrence
Jul 28, 2018, 11:19 AM
Well, that's 5 seconds of show for the only male swimwear included in that AC Scratch and the rest of the video is quite simply full of naked slags. I know that's one the things that keep the game alive but... Geez !

FantasyHeaven
Jul 28, 2018, 11:58 AM
MUST. GET.
that potato costume

Zorak000
Jul 28, 2018, 12:12 PM
Well, that's 5 seconds of show for the only male swimwear included in that AC Scratch and the rest of the video is quite simply full of naked slags. I know that's one the things that keep the game alive but... Geez !
you have to get Nindy2D to finally make art for a swimsuit bruno first

SteveCZ
Jul 28, 2018, 06:56 PM
This is also a chance for ...*please I beg you*... sexy bikini wear bases revival PLEASE.

Burn, burn it all!!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnLx4xGYAQeiTBgAz2j6d-09xGvzbIDXONjI89JFqKndEGlzrh

MUST. GET.
that potato costume

Wait they're obtainable? didn't see it.

GHNeko
Jul 29, 2018, 04:08 AM
Gonna save all my AC scratch for support.

MONEY

Mr3chi
Jul 29, 2018, 04:49 AM
maybe i'm missing something but this is the first time sega gives away AC tickets right? and already in this massive scale?! idk about the intention but it's good news for me since i should get some cheap pp/3 for 8/22 either i could get it over scratches or not. AC should go 2nd order = my massive fodd items long should get some more buyers :-D

NightfallG
Jul 29, 2018, 05:07 AM
Giving away scratch tickets? That's... new.

Also, Azure Dreams vibes off that music.

Kondibon
Jul 29, 2018, 05:30 AM
I'm saving my scratch tickets for the upcoming frame arms colab. No way I'm gonna be able to afford all the accessories.

EDIT: Where my girls Greifen (http://en.kotobukiya.co.jp/product/product-0000002938/) and Hresvelgr (http://en.kotobukiya.co.jp/product/product-0000002217/) tho?

SteveCZ
Jul 29, 2018, 06:31 AM
Might be because of Monster Hunter World coming to PC this August. ^^

Mr3chi
Jul 29, 2018, 07:45 PM
haha, it must be that, shady sega strikes again. i don't really pay attention to MHW, my last MH was on ps2 like 10 years ago.

Zulastar
Jul 29, 2018, 07:58 PM
I watched some MHW feedbacks on youtube... Poor fighting mechanics, only boring grinding orders, no leveling except weapons... well I think it's a piece of shit.

Kondibon
Jul 29, 2018, 09:09 PM
Poor fighting mechanicsI can get people not liking MH's core gameplay loop being "fight the monsters", but I'd really like you to elaborate on that.

Mr3chi
Jul 30, 2018, 12:23 AM
i won't judge the game i haven't played yet. but maintaining something like adding extra frames to everything to the level making it clunky and overeacted in 2018 is the most thing i'm not impressed in it. they can excite their die-hard fans by maintaining those things (uh original, uh unique), but not ones who were not interested in it in the first place or newcomers. i'm happy that sega has done something better than that with pso2. i still remember the first days in pso2 when noob party of 4 got wiped out by a caterdran because sword was too fuckign slow. but look at pso2 now, all classes are flying over the maps now. some ppl won't notice it because the change was slow, but you should appreciate that they didn't mind changing their game and actually did something well.

Kondibon
Jul 30, 2018, 12:32 AM
i won't judge the game i haven't played yet. but maintaining something like adding extra frames to everything to the level making it clunky and overeacted in 2018 is the most thing i'm not impressed in it. they can excite their die-hard fans by maintaining those things (uh original, uh unique), but not ones who were not interested in it in the first place or newcomers. i'm happy that sega has done something better than that with pso2. i still remember the first days in pso2 when noob party of 4 got wiped out by a caterdran because sword was too fuckign slow. but look at pso2 now, all classes are flying over the maps now. some ppl won't notice it because the change was slow, but you should appreciate that they didn't mind changing their game and actually did something well.MH is built around that though. Learning to adjust to your weapons is a big part of the game. It's fine if you don't like it because it's slower, but it's not outdated because of it.

Also PSO2 has hitstop to, even on Hr. :I

Dark Mits
Jul 30, 2018, 12:49 AM
i won't judge the game i haven't played yet. but maintaining something like adding extra frames to everything to the level making it clunky and overeacted in 2018 is the most thing i'm not impressed in it. they can excite their die-hard fans by maintaining those things (uh original, uh unique), but not ones who were not interested in it in the first place or newcomers. i'm happy that sega has done something better than that with pso2. i still remember the first days in pso2 when noob party of 4 got wiped out by a caterdran because sword was too fuckign slow. but look at pso2 now, all classes are flying over the maps now. some ppl won't notice it because the change was slow, but you should appreciate that they didn't mind changing their game and actually did something well.To each their own, but classes being able to fly around the map with no worries is not exactly clap-deserving mechanic either. PSO2 current design suffers from the syndrome of "If it doesn't instakill you, you can let it hit you forever" to exaggerate a bit. Having slow actions meant that the players had to take them into account to avoid any potential incoming damage, which adds a bit of strategy in positioning, and at the same time allowed developers to balance that incoming damage to something that just nudges your HP bar, not outright deplete it. Sure the game feels more fluid now and we feel more in control of our characters, but the exchange is that we now have gameplay that relies exclusively on instakills to challenge players.

Kondibon
Jul 30, 2018, 12:56 AM
but the exchange is that we now have gameplay that relies exclusively on instakills to challenge players.That's honestly been the case for a while simply because resources are so plentiful. Even in the early days most of my deaths were being oneshot or blindsided.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 30, 2018, 01:37 AM
I watched some MHW feedbacks on youtube... Poor fighting mechanics, only boring grinding orders, no leveling except weapons... well I think it's a piece of shit.
have you even played the game? because the only thing i can agree on in this game is that its super casualized in a sense that hunting solo is faster than farming in groups because of the poor scaling in this game. I would take a 5min fight over one that would take 15-20mins along with people carting over and over.

I need to know if youre just sh**posting or not man lol

Zulastar
Jul 30, 2018, 09:49 AM
have you even played the game?

I don't play a thing besides PSO2 due to lack of free time and find useless to invest efforts in offline games.
I just watch reviews and gameplay videos of various games catched my eye, but if I was - there are much things better to play than THIS in 2018. MHW is SUPER primitive and boring IMHO.

PS: I almost forgot the main point - it's cost. I definitely will not spend money on the game with a such quality.

XrosBlader821
Jul 30, 2018, 10:29 AM
I don't play a thing besides PSO2 due to lack of free time and find useless to invest efforts in offline games.
I just watch reviews and gameplay videos of various games catched my eye, but if I was - there are much things better to play than THIS in 2018. MHW is SUPER primitive and boring IMHO.

PS: I almost forgot the main point - it's cost. I definitely will not spend money on the game with a such quality.

Well if actually had played the game you'd know how foolish you sound. Monster Hunter games are mechanically tight games where each fight is a boss fight. It doesn't feature a leveling system but that only gets in the way of enjoying the game and everyone knows that which is why you won't find any hunting games with a experience bar. Your character grows stronger depending on the gear you crafted from the remains of the enemies. to access higher difficulties you need better gear and so on. Every frame of these games count. You can pull of some incredible stunts if you are an expert in the weapon of your choice. I remember back in EP2 people were begging Sega to take notes from Monster Hunter because back then there was no Limit break and monster hunter already had self status inflicting items. Traps and Bombs were always useful in these games and it only took Sega till recently with the level 85 cap to make Rangers give a shit about those. Monster Hunter games are some of the best games you can get on any system they're available on. They're incredibly fun to play both solo and with a multiplayer group. Japan isn't insane about the series for no reason.

Jene-chan
Jul 30, 2018, 10:30 AM
Casual reminder that part of PSO2's initial design process was actually consulting with the Monster Hunter development team after the PSP series for tips on how to design PSO2 and make it more engaging as an action game.

echofaith
Jul 30, 2018, 12:05 PM
I personally dont even consider MH an Action RPG, as much as a strategy game with action rpg elements. PSO2 by comparison, I consider it closer to a Hack and Slash with rpg elements. Both feel like extreme opposites in the Action RPG scale.

Great Pan
Jul 30, 2018, 06:46 PM
HOW DARE YOU TALK SHIT OF MY GOD-TIER GAME!?

ArcaneTechs
Jul 30, 2018, 08:33 PM

you're starting to become great pan tier with your posts dude, if you haven't tried the game then people aren't going to take you serious. oh my favorite streamer/youtuber thought it was crap, therefore i have the same mindset. Come on dude, stop being apart of the problem

even I logged a couple hundred hours into this game, which is why I said what I thought about hunting solo versus with people. I honestly dropped the game because I'm waiting for G rank because theres no point in grinding the end game materials to augment gear when its super obvious that when G rank gear hits, much rarer and higher materials will be required to Augment THAT gear thus creating a longer grind. I literally got everything I wanted and stopped playing now to pick up the PC release and wait a tiny bit longer on G ranks release because they won't add that right away with an influx of new players coming in (I could be wrong though).

Casual reminder that part of PSO2's initial design process was actually consulting with the Monster Hunter development team after the PSP series for tips on how to design PSO2 and make it more engaging as an action game.
you have a source for this? Im genuiely curious about how much they went into all this

Jene-chan
Jul 31, 2018, 09:28 AM
you have a source for this? Im genuiely curious about how much they went into all this

I'll have to dig it up but I do remember an interview about PSO2 where they described consulting the current MH team at the time (circa 2011) for some feedback re: PSP and the upcoming PSO2.

Zulastar
Jul 31, 2018, 10:37 AM
you're starting to become great pan tier with your posts dude

I just don't hesitate to say off my opinion and name facts with their real names. And there always will be people with totally opposite view points. I won't argue 'cause it's impossible to change even a coprophile's point of view...

When I watch a gameplay video on youtube I see what kind of a gameplay it provides whithout a streamer words. Clicking, charging and dodging whith no differents where you'll land your attacks - primitivest HnS gameplay that I found boring. I want break bones and tear off limbs and tails in 2018 games, not only clickin' enemies to death.

Well enough with offtop here. I just FINISHED this scratch and have a whole week to save money for the next one. Yahoo!

Jene-chan
Jul 31, 2018, 11:23 AM
I want break bones and tear off limbs and tails in 2018 games, not only clickin' enemies to death.

You know you also can't do that in PSO2, right.

Dark Mits
Jul 31, 2018, 11:24 AM
I want break bones and tear off limbs and tails in 2018 games, not only clickin' enemies to death.Can I recommend DOOM (2016)? It's amazingly fun and exactly what you described.

wahahaha
Jul 31, 2018, 11:30 AM
You know you also can't do that in PSO2, right.

Why nobody told me that pso2 just got released this year?

XrosBlader821
Jul 31, 2018, 11:46 AM
I want break bones and tear off limbs and tails in 2018 games, not only clickin' enemies to death.

But you're literally doing that in Monster hunter games. This is a MH staple feature and World even has a built in Wikipedia page in the game detailing in what way you can f*k up monsters.

[SPOILER-BOX]https://cdn.player.one/sites/player.one/files/2018/01/26/monster-hunter-world-pukei-pukei-attack-chart.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

This is what I mean by saying you sound foolish.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 31, 2018, 05:44 PM
I just don't hesitate to say off my opinion and name facts with their real names. And there always will be people with totally opposite view points. I won't argue 'cause it's impossible to change even a coprophile's point of view...

When I watch a gameplay video on youtube I see what kind of a gameplay it provides whithout a streamer words. Clicking, charging and dodging whith no differents where you'll land your attacks - primitivest HnS gameplay that I found boring. I want break bones and tear off limbs and tails in 2018 games, not only clickin' enemies to death.

Well enough with offtop here. I just FINISHED this scratch and have a whole week to save money for the next one. Yahoo!
you only support what i said last post with your last statement my friend. you severly lack the knowledge. consider getting the pc version and play it online with friends to better yourself so you dont make these future mistakes

Kondibon
Jul 31, 2018, 06:38 PM
whith no differents where you'll land your attacks - primitivest HnS gameplay that I found boring. I want break bones and tear off limbs and tailsYou realize area specific weak points, resistance and breakable enemy parts are DEFINING FEATURES of the Monster Hunter series right? They popularized those mechanics in the first place.

EDIT: also there are plenty of weapons like the charge axe, switch axe, and insect glaive that are way more complicated than stuff like Sword and Shield or Great Sword if you want something with more mechanical depth. People aren't getting on your ass about this because they just disagree, it's because your entire opinion is based off misinformation and ignorance. :/

Ziel
Aug 2, 2018, 12:32 PM

Wow, such well informed facts about the monster hunter franchise...

[SPOILER-BOX]And here i am chopping rathian tails (which requires positioning to not get hit and be poisoned, mind you) to nullify her poisonous attacks because breaking said parts affect not only their abilities, but even their behavior and their level of interaction with the maps since monster hunter freedom unite (2008.). So this game has being doing what you want in 2018 more than 10 years ago, heck i could cut rathalos tails in the original monster hunter back in 2004.

[SPOILER-BOX]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/monsterhunter/images/4/46/Tail_sever.JPG/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/290?cb=20100822113553
Severed nargacuga tail, nullifies its scale spike flings (2008.)

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/monsterhunter/images/8/8a/DMG-Barioth.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/700?cb=20100709122209
Barioth damage variance charts depending on weapon type (2010)
also some strategies/tips for this monster
"Its tusks and wing spikes can be broken, and its tail can be cut off."
"Destroying Barioth's wings will affect its movement on the ice. The claws on its feet do not break, but the spikes on its forewings do break. When broken, it will spend longer recovering from most of its attacks and may sometimes slip on the ice, occasionally dropping a shiny when it does."
[/SPOILER-BOX]

No difference where you land your attacks? Do pelase try to hit a barroth, uragaan or gravios/monoblos/basarios or a friggin Akantor (do please google these gameplays), etc with an edged weapon on their hardspots, monster hunter differentiates between bladed and blunt weapons, and some of these broken bones cant be broken by cutting, just bashing and vice versa (no tail chops for blunt damage).

Break bones and chop tails is what monster hunter excels at, clicking enemies to death is all what pso2 is about (or please enlighten me on the level people care about breaking loser's clock), do you really care where you hit anga? do you actually avoid status effects because they become detrimental? do you actually mind your positioning in a boss or else your damage becomes null, your weapon bounces and leaves you open for an attack? Said bounce could also lower your weapon sharpness which will affect your overall damage and cause more bouncing.

Also if the gameplay you saw didnt feature any part breaks, the gameplay is either:
1- A noob/scrub.
2- A REALLY short gameplay OR a weapon demo only (like gaijinhunter's).
2- Was fighting the effing basic iguanas/raptors that arent the true monters of the game and hence have no choppeable parts.
3- You didnt even watch 5 minutes of a gampelay since hunts tend to take 8 to 15 minutes.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

TL;DR:You just watched a sword and shield gameplay which was the shit tier weapon until generations (2017) out of the dozens of weapons and decided to talk "facts" about a game you never tried nor played yet are wishing for mechanics that have been in this game for years? and then wonder why you get flak?

On topic, ill probably throw 10 of those free ac tickets on the summer scratch tops, the bulk of my aim is the frame arms collab.

XrosBlader821
Aug 2, 2018, 12:59 PM
I'll probably wait and see which scratch has a 30 AC scratch bonus that I like. Especially with Affix booster 50% around I'd like to pick carefully.

Jene-chan
Aug 2, 2018, 01:00 PM
Is anybody else mildly annoyed that Affix Success +50% Boosters are relegated to AC Scratch instead of Bingo rewards?

ArcaneTechs
Aug 2, 2018, 03:38 PM
Is anybody else mildly annoyed that Affix Success +50% Boosters are relegated to AC Scratch instead of Bingo rewards?
no

5char

Flaoc
Aug 2, 2018, 03:41 PM
50% should have just replaced 40% at 100 cubes.. shrug

Jene-chan
Aug 2, 2018, 03:53 PM
no

5char

what?

Masu
Aug 2, 2018, 04:12 PM
what?
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=5char

Jene-chan
Aug 2, 2018, 04:20 PM
Kril obviously so badass that he does 7s/8s expand with no boosters and gets it every time.

Loveless62
Aug 2, 2018, 04:49 PM
Why would Sega make affixing that much easier? All of the Dudu salt makes Sega money.

XrosBlader821
Aug 2, 2018, 05:26 PM

Imo they should change it like this:
30% - 20 cubes
40% - 70 cubes
45% - 130 cubes
50% - 200 cubes

As soon as we get 60% Affix boosters upslotting to 8s during boost week will finally be possible without gambling your entire life savings.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 2, 2018, 06:27 PM
Just checking, we will be able to use these free scratch tickets on support item scratches?

Anduril
Aug 2, 2018, 06:45 PM
Just checking, we will be able to use these free scratch tickets on support item scratches?

They appear to be the same generic AC Scratch Tickets available from the AC Shop (as opposed to the difference between the Free Salon Passes and the AC/SG Shop Salon Passes), so I see no reason why they shouldn't work with the support scratch.

SteveCZ
Aug 2, 2018, 08:57 PM
Prepare for the inevitable market crash. =)

Meanwhile for me these freebies will go for the bikinis...

Sesheenku
Aug 2, 2018, 09:22 PM
Prepare for the inevitable market crash. =)

Meanwhile for me these freebies will go for the bikinis...

There's no way it won't affect the market somehow... it depends.

There's the inherent problem in that doing this will inevitably devalue the upcoming scratch items.

How many people will save the tickets and hit at a more opportune moment? I don't know but those are the people that will likely make bank.

GHNeko
Aug 2, 2018, 10:36 PM
There's no way it won't affect the market somehow... it depends.

There's the inherent problem in that doing this will inevitably devalue the upcoming scratch items.

How many people will save the tickets and hit at a more opportune moment? I don't know but those are the people that will likely make bank.

if they dont lock grace boosters to gold scratch like they did last time

imma just blow all my tickets on support scratch and start funding my market adventures.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 2, 2018, 10:53 PM
Kril obviously so badass that he does 7s/8s expand with no boosters and gets it every time.
I didn't realize saying no was a micro aggression

Imo they should change it like this:
30% - 20 cubes
40% - 70 cubes
45% - 130 cubes
50% - 200 cubes

As soon as we get 60% Affix boosters upslotting to 8s during boost week will finally be possible without gambling your entire life savings.

I support this this exchange rate

Dark Mits
Aug 3, 2018, 01:10 AM
I thought the point of S# abilities was to finally do away with RNG in affixing and eventually have static 100% chances, just requiring massive grinding to get the fodder in the first place.

Kondibon
Aug 3, 2018, 01:35 AM
I thought the point of S# abilities was to finally do away with RNG in affixing and eventually have static 100% chances, just requiring massive grinding to get the fodder in the first place.It doesn't help with normal affixes, and it certainly doesn't help with units.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 3, 2018, 02:10 AM
I thought the point of S# abilities was to finally do away with RNG in affixing and eventually have static 100% chances, just requiring massive grinding to get the fodder in the first place.
well upslotting is easier (kind of), less stuff to drop, dmg is always there. RNG comes in with whether or not the 13*'s drop with S1-3 abilities on it. i mean you can buy the abilities from shop (even though a lot of it is expensive right now) but i mean at least we know SSA's kinda destroyed a lot of the 13* series and some of the 14*'s series

Dark Mits
Aug 3, 2018, 02:19 AM
It doesn't help with normal affixes, and it certainly doesn't help with units.
I meant that since Sega have announced up to S6 abilities, the go-to way for future weapons (possibly in 2019 with Episode 6) would be to have S1 through S6, and Grace+Soul. Or even outright S1 through S8 at an even more distant point.

Units also do not currently share the -NT weapon treatment for grinding. For all we know, Sega may be still testing the waters internally, and have -NT units too once 13* are implemented live. We may have S abilities on units too then. That's all hypothetical of course, and I make this assumption on the fact that RNG seems to be "weakened" with all those high Ability +% items, NT replacing OT, S abilities and CFs.

well upslotting is easier (kind of), less stuff to drop, dmg is always there. RNG comes in with whether or not the 13*'s drop with S1-3 abilities on it. i mean you can buy the abilities from shop (even though a lot of it is expensive right now) but i mean at least we know SSA's kinda destroyed a lot of the 13* series and some of the 14*'s seriesAnd here I show how much of a noob I am. I didn't know we can buy S abilities from shop.

XrosBlader821
Aug 3, 2018, 03:36 AM
And here I show how much of a noob I am. I didn't know we can buy S abilities from shop.

In case you wondered why almost every EQ revival drops a Val Gunslash. That's why.
Also you can buy Demon weapons off the shop so 1/3rd of Lumiere requirements are a freebie and building a Anti-Dragon rematch weapon takes like 2 minutes.

Zorak000
Aug 3, 2018, 01:09 PM
when did they say anything about s6? or even s5? about all I heard was that Atra is going to be the only S4 weapons for at least the rest of the episode. The game files show icons for all the way up to S8, but PSCrew has to demonstrate to us that they are actually going to follow through with this system, and not just toss it to the side later (hey remember when collection files were the way to get the gear you wanted? and not untradable 100% RNG drops? or glacially slow rock collection? or some kind of hellspawn of two types of RNG-only drops with a side of rock collection?) I mean val weapons are ok in my book because even though they are RNG drop only, you can at least trade those, so if you get the thing your buddy could use, you could hook each other up

ArcaneTechs
Aug 3, 2018, 02:35 PM
when did they say anything about s6? or even s5? about all I heard was that Atra is going to be the only S4 weapons for at least the rest of the episode. The game files show icons for all the way up to S8, but PSCrew has to demonstrate to us that they are actually going to follow through with this system, and not just toss it to the side later (hey remember when collection files were the way to get the gear you wanted? and not untradable 100% RNG drops? or glacially slow rock collection? or some kind of hellspawn of two types of RNG-only drops with a side of rock collection?) I mean val weapons are ok in my book because even though they are RNG drop only, you can at least trade those, so if you get the thing your buddy could use, you could hook each other up
I dont think they said about S5-8 yet and yes they said Atra is going to be the only series with S1-4 on them so we'll have to wait until Ep6 or if backward tread on this statement and that last raid of the Ep offers 1-4 too idk.

all this whining about droppable gear vs Collection Files, I mean you serious think theyre going to out put the newest 14*'s with CF's? I mean come on, even if Val drops became CF's I gurantee you they will or wont have nothing more than ok-ish SSA's on them and of course the better ones being drop only.

remember, every person in game has Atra available to them from the start, all it takes is a +35, a Title material with some crafting items and thats it, you're pretty set for awhile until you hit the real grind or rather until something good drops for you to fill in your other weps

Jene-chan
Aug 3, 2018, 02:45 PM
all this whining about droppable gear vs Collection Files, I mean you serious think theyre going to out put the newest 14*'s with CF's? I mean come on, even if Val drops became CF's I gurantee you they will or wont have nothing more than ok-ish SSA's on them and of course the better ones being drop only.

remember, every person in game has Atra available to them from the start, all it takes is a +35, a Title material with some crafting items and thats it, you're pretty set for awhile until you hit the real grind or rather until something good drops for you to fill in your other weps

I mean it kinda sucks when you actually play a class seriously and the only progression you can make it based on RNG and not of any effort of your own. Atra was a great step to correct this but you can only have one from Title and Time Stone from Dragon rematch is probably the rarest drop from him. Gunner is my main and that's where my Atra is, but I also play Fighter and I'd love Apprentice TDags but everyone else I know has gotten them and I haven't. Feels good to know the only thing I can do is mash the LQ and pray.

Sure, at the end of EP4, things like Lavis and EPD were drop only but you also had Zen/Qlif progression from CF and common drops from Deus/Gracia, so you could actually make progress towards a goal instead of throwing your arms up and saying "welp I hope I get lucky".

ArcaneTechs
Aug 3, 2018, 05:27 PM
I mean it kinda sucks when you actually play a class seriously and the only progression you can make it based on RNG and not of any effort of your own. Atra was a great step to correct this but you can only have one from Title and Time Stone from Dragon rematch is probably the rarest drop from him. Gunner is my main and that's where my Atra is, but I also play Fighter and I'd love Apprentice TDags but everyone else I know has gotten them and I haven't. Feels good to know the only thing I can do is mash the LQ and pray.

Sure, at the end of EP4, things like Lavis and EPD were drop only but you also had Zen/Qlif progression from CF and common drops from Deus/Gracia, so you could actually make progress towards a goal instead of throwing your arms up and saying "welp I hope I get lucky".
there are people to this day who are doing end game content with old 13*'s (like quilph) so realistically you dont need these 14*'s to be good but yes min/max etc complain about drop only items all you want, just remember the moment you get everything you want given to you (even by CF's), you lose interest in the game and players stop dropping off because theres nothing to work or look towards in terms of gear. You're never going to get the toppest of gear by them just handing it to you (and i say this loosely right now because Atra), drop only will almost always be the go to gear to get and hunt for for min/max damage.

all i can say is, start grinding Enchanted Forest during boost week thats in roughly 2 weeks, Jutus and Year 1 14*'s will be dropping and those will be your go to weapons to get despite being drop only. Obviously aim for Lumiere if RNGesus is kind to you and drops a +34 or 2 of the Jutus weapons you need since Lumiere is getting buffed down the line

you ALSO have Austere NT to look forward which inevitably will be 14* with S1-3 coming down the line too, what methods of getting Austere NT aside Conversion and I assume drops idk, I cant say because I'm not the Dev's

also don't bother with App TD's, better stuff out like I said, Lumiere but if you want them, go for them then

Jene-chan
Aug 3, 2018, 06:19 PM
It's the merit and demerit of the game that you don't need the best gear to clear everything. You don't even need gear remotely close to the best. The problem is, by admission of the devs as well, tons of people play this game for time attack and that's min-maxing. If you're gated from a damage tier from a drop only weapon, that's pretty ggs. A lot of people don't like mindless farming and yes, I know, this is how PSO2 operates now, but a lot of people don't feel it's rewarding when you mash for hours and get nothing. Even a lot of my Japanese friends say the JP community of long-time players feel similarly.

Also I'm amused that you'd suggest to go after Lumi TDs as opposed to App TDs as they're gated by RNG as well.

AnikaSteinberg
Aug 4, 2018, 02:01 AM
so realistically you dont need these 14*'s to be good

as a dedicated Te who understands best just how hopelessly dependent Techers are on Lavis just to catch up to the current meta, I would like to strongly disagree.

Then again, it's raining Conqueror's Crest nowadays, so what am I even complaining about.

Kondibon
Aug 4, 2018, 02:57 AM
just remember the moment you get everything you want given to you (even by CF's), you lose interest in the game
That's just the sign of a game that isn't fun to play.

Zephyrion
Aug 4, 2018, 03:16 AM

That's more like people can't get their goals straight, while current hunt gear is bad (please I want stone progression system again like Guren/Shien did), gear should always be chased with an idea in mind (I want to reach x point/best time in solo XQ/Endless/Solo PD or clear a raid solo or w-e) and not the collectionist mindset a.k.a I just want a weapon to say I got it. Incidentally, getting the best gear for one or two of my classes never prevented me from enjoying most quests, so again that's up to the player.

I do agree more exchange/stone systems should be introduced for *14 (and I mean shops that don't require to drop a specific weapon, but have said weapon exchangeable as well). Funny how current gear situation calls for EP3 rollback in terms of gear accessibility.

Kondibon
Aug 4, 2018, 03:34 AM
Funny how current gear situation calls for EP3 rollback in terms of gear accessibility.Well part of that is collection files not being permanent.

It would also be nice if they gave us other worthwhile stuff to do with all the old rocks. I like doing AQs, but I also like making meseta...

XrosBlader821
Aug 4, 2018, 03:38 AM
Whatever happened to Sega's plan of making the Seasonal EQ drop exclusive weapons tradeable? I'd love to have that bow from Driving rain but EQ drop luck is a joke for me.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 4, 2018, 03:52 AM
Also I'm amused that you'd suggest to go after Lumi TDs as opposed to App TDs as they're gated by RNG as well.
This LQ has less than a week on it, if you get them cool use them if you dont, farm Enchanted Forest and hope you get them. Reguardless they outpower App TD's and only furthers the dmg diff later on

as a dedicated Te who understands best just how hopelessly dependent Techers are on Lavis just to catch up to the current meta, I would like to strongly disagree.

Then again, it's raining Conqueror's Crest nowadays, so what am I even complaining about.
agree to disagree, you got my response from your last sentence

imagine all your characters are geared right now, no need to upgrade anything etc are you still playing this game outside sitting in lobby? helping friends/team mates? not even playing at all? the motivation or interest is gone. no need to play really

Whatever happened to Sega's plan of making the Seasonal EQ drop exclusive weapons tradeable? I'd love to have that bow from Driving rain but EQ drop luck is a joke for me.
forced to wait until Xmas to get any of the Seasonal 14*'s unless they keep getting including in Beach Wars, Halloween and ya naturally Xmas

wefwq
Aug 4, 2018, 06:18 AM
This scratch lineup is actually pretty good to me. Gonna save up some money for this.

Youmu Konpaku
Aug 4, 2018, 06:51 AM
imagine all your characters are geared right now, no need to upgrade anything etc are you still playing this game outside sitting in lobby? helping friends/team mates? not even playing at all? the motivation or interest is gone. no need to play really

This will be a heaven then. the time i spend for gearing now can be used to play other pso2 content and searching & savings meseta. there are many tickets that i don't have, only male charcters have much fashion tickets because female fashion tickets are generally expensive. i now can play the story of pso2 because i never doing it ever since i play pso2jp in late episode 2 because of my time goes to grinding. making both all characters and all class to lvl 85 and all become the top of dps is veryy tiring and need so much time, i already sacrified my real life for that. i want to play all the pso2 content, not just phantasy grinding online2. if you just play for grinding, then yes no motivation to play then.

Kondibon
Aug 4, 2018, 07:08 AM
imagine all your characters are geared right now, no need to upgrade anything etc are you still playing this game outside sitting in lobby? helping friends/team mates? not even playing at all? the motivation or interest is gone. no need to play reallySpeak for your self. If I was "fully geared" I'd be trying to S-rank solo Endless, speed run TAs, trying goofy "meme" builds, and running around blowing up EQs to carry pugs and feel big. Yes I'd get bored, burned out, and stop after a while, but that happens even when there ARE goals to go for. It's almost like doing the same content over and over for hours can get boring. My motivation to play the game is to have fun and try new or different things. Sometimes that does involve gear, but that's not the only thing I play for, and most of the time I prefer new toys over bigger numbers.

isCasted
Aug 4, 2018, 07:29 AM
Speak for your self. If I was "fully geared" I'd be trying to S-rank solo Endless, speed run TAs, trying goofy "meme" builds, and running around blowing up EQs to carry pugs and feel big. Yes I'd get bored, burned out, and stop after a while, but that happens even when there ARE goals to go for. It's almost like doing the same content over and over for hours can get boring. My motivation to play the game is to have fun and try new or different things. Sometimes that does involve gear, but that's not the only thing I play for, and most of the time I prefer new toys over bigger numbers.

Exactly. When I know my gear is at least close to top end, I feel confident enough to try new things and finally do things that allow me to fully enjoy the combat system, because nothing is holding me back. In PSO2 very rarely something that's actually fun is ever truly rewarding (which is an issue all onto itself), but at least having some sort of guarantee that eventually I will be able to do things for fun makes grind at least bearable. When top gear is tied to pure RNG, I feel completely discouraged from ever trying to farm it. At least I've learned not to give a fuck about RNG after years of playing, in the past trying to farm anything with any influence of RNG has lead to nothing but frustration, which is something you don't want when playing a game, you know.

My point is: quitting the game after having done everything is a far, far more appealing idea than quitting it having done nothing.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 4, 2018, 01:21 PM
Speak for your self. If I was "fully geared" I'd be trying to S-rank solo Endless, speed run TAs, trying goofy "meme" builds, and running around blowing up EQs to carry pugs and feel big. Yes I'd get bored, burned out, and stop after a while, but that happens even when there ARE goals to go for. It's almost like doing the same content over and over for hours can get boring. My motivation to play the game is to have fun and try new or different things. Sometimes that does involve gear, but that's not the only thing I play for, and most of the time I prefer new toys over bigger numbers.
I said imagine

Kondibon
Aug 4, 2018, 10:23 PM
I said imagineAnd then you followed up with a bunch of other questions and a presumption, so Imagined it and that was the conclusion I came to in response.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 4, 2018, 11:25 PM
And then you followed up with a bunch of other questions and a presumption, so Imagined it and that was the conclusion I came to in response.
at least youre not being the_importer_ about it :wacko:

kazuuya
Aug 6, 2018, 11:18 AM
The biggest gift I could've asked for is finally here, Huey and it's beach Huey on top of it. :wacko:
Also really liking the scratch items, hope I'll have enough money for what I fancy!

Zorak000
Aug 6, 2018, 03:53 PM
the real endgame is slamming mutiblock with expert matching off

and amassing the most/best outfits

anyway Endless Quest is about the closest we seem to have gotten so far to something players with the best gear would want to run to make themselves slightly better, or to sell the spoils off for more money for more cosmetics

I still wish they did more with the free match system from buster quests, like make a version that works utilizing other content in the game, level scaling yourself to help out somebody else without making the quest boring for them, while still earning something you can use for yourself, is a type of system more online rpgs oughta utilize

Tymek
Aug 7, 2018, 05:49 AM
the real endgame is slamming mutiblock with expert matching off

and amassing the most/best outfits

anyway Endless Quest is about the closest we seem to have gotten so far to something players with the best gear would want to run to make themselves slightly better, or to sell the spoils off for more money for more cosmetics

I still wish they did more with the free match system from buster quests, like make a version that works utilizing other content in the game, level scaling yourself to help out somebody else without making the quest boring for them, while still earning something you can use for yourself, is a type of system more online rpgs oughta utilize
476 basewears, try to beat it. ;-)