PDA

View Full Version : Ares NT UQ 100% RDR Campaign - Now over, we're finally off this ride

ArcaneTechs
Aug 30, 2018, 01:00 AM
Last 2 weeks of UQ boost campaign has finally arrived, time to farm those missing Nemesis (or Ares NTs) and get set for Austere NT (whenever that is). Wish you guys the best of like and may RNGesus be with you

RDR recommendation: 250% RDR ticket + Daily 50% + Timed Ability RDR + 40% PT boosts (you dont have to be social, just join and run). Thats it, save your Tri Boosters for more important stuff. Obviously I don't recommend BUYING 400% RDR boosters with actual cash but if you've got the cash to burn do it then i guess? anyways good luck, we all need it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amaduscia UQ (Aug 29th ~ Sept 12th)

----This wild ride is over while some may still be on it----

Lilipa UQ (Sept 12th ~ Sept 26th)

----Slaves no more to this UQ but bound to a forest a many times forgotten----

Emphasis on farming for Slave +35 NT's for Austere NT trade & any Ares NT you might be after

Naberius UQ (Sept 26th ~ Oct 9th)

----Escape the forest while you can----

Emphasis on farming Nemesis +35 NT's for Austere NT trade & any Ares NT you might be after

REMEMBER THAT NEM/SLAVE NT IS AN AREA DROP, SO ANY MOB/BOSS CAN DROP THEM.
Anyways happy (or angry) rare hunting!

Nem/Slave NT example Conversion:

1 OT Nem/Slave weapon of your choice (so if you want Sword, use OT sword) + 3 Nem/Slave NT drops (any NT wep) = 1 Nem/Slave Sword (or wep of choice).

Whatever element % you convert from the OT wep is what you'll get when it turns into a NT wep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we go again with yet another way to revive the dead as hell UQ's with yet again near impossible drops with the exception of letting you get what you want this time with craft item trade conversions. We also get to go through this nightmarish hunt with Nab and Lilipa UQ later on. whether you want to farm Are's NT or not is up to you

Remember hunting Nem/Slave NT? well this is pretty similar

Oh and keep in mind, Ares Tact cannot be used as trade fodder so ya, troll drop

Supports SSA 1-3
フォトンブラストゲージに応じて威力が上昇する。(11%/12%/13%) --- (Base 11% dmg, 13% dmg max at full PB gauge)
フォトンブラスト発動時、幻獣毎に異なる効果発生。(activate PB to gain one of the following effects based on what Idola you have on your mag)

Simple Explanation:

start quest -> get max PB -> blast helix (or other PB) with ares out -> ares now has 4% additional damage when used (as long as you don't return to campship). you still need to use ares for the bonuses. you can weapon switch all you want, but only ares gets the bonuses.

ヘリクス系:威力4%上昇 --- Helix 4% dmg increase
アイアス系:攻撃時PP回復量40%上昇 --- Aias 40% pp recov on attack
ケートス系:PP自動回復量30%上昇 --- Ketos 30% Passive PP recov
ユリウス系:被ダメージ12%減少 --- Yurius 12% dmg reduct
イリオス系:PP消費量15%減少 --- Irios 15% PP reduct

Reilet
Aug 30, 2018, 01:50 AM
The PB buffs also apparently stacks with each other, stay during area switch, stay even when switching weapons and seems to be permanently active until the end of the quest.

milranduil
Aug 30, 2018, 02:30 AM
campshipping causes the buffs to die, so be careful if soloing or if drink runs out.

i got very lucky for once and got ares bow this morning and decided to make/affix/test katana. the power with helix/ketos/nifta buffs makes endless quite a joke lol.

Jene-chan
Aug 30, 2018, 07:20 AM
I was thinking about maybe going after this to make a Gunslash and swap it in for the 4% damage boost on Helix PB and then swap it out. I play Gunner mostly and was thinking this was worth it for the 4% damage increase because I'm not giving up the utility from my Atra TMGs as main weapon. I feel like it's worth it to try and go after it a bit but just wanted a second opinion.

Saffran
Aug 30, 2018, 07:37 AM
So you get these extra when you use your Photon Blast? That's a bit underwhelming.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 30, 2018, 07:41 AM
How does the new ares pot work?

XrosBlader821
Aug 30, 2018, 07:53 AM
How does the new ares pot work?

You get slightly higher Weapon Damage multiplier with Photon Blast gague. Activating Photon Blast gives a Bonus effect depending on the eidolon of your Photon blast (the creature your Mag turns into). Apparently That photon Blast Bonus stays for the quest duration and when switching weapons.

TheFanaticViper
Aug 30, 2018, 08:16 AM
I was thinking about maybe going after this to make a Gunslash and swap it in for the 4% damage boost on Helix PB and then swap it out. I play Gunner mostly and was thinking this was worth it for the 4% damage increase because I'm not giving up the utility from my Atra TMGs as main weapon. I feel like it's worth it to try and go after it a bit but just wanted a second opinion.

I remember the old Coat Doublis DS (multi class) have a pot who increase Photon Blast damage by 50%, that sound a lot better for an utility weapon.

Jene-chan
Aug 30, 2018, 08:29 AM
I remember the old Coat Doublis DS (multi class) have a pot who increase Photon Blast damage by 50%, that sound a lot better for an utility weapon.

Think you missed the point. I'm not worried about PB damage; Ares NT gives permanent bonuses based on the type of PB you do. I want to make a weapon to pair with at least the Helix PB for 4% damage boost.

EDIT: Actually, does it persist after weapon swap? I'm reading this from swiki:

武器を持ち替えた場合、同潜在の武器同士ならばブースト効果は維持される。別の潜在能力の武器ならばブース ト効果は一時的に未適用状態になる。その後、この潜在能力の武器に持ち替ると再適用される。

I'm reading that as "if the weapon you're switching to has the same latent, the boost will persist, but if you swap to a weapon with a different latent, the effect will fade". Is that correct? So you'd have to swap from an Ares NT to another Ares NT to have the boost stay? But if I swapped from Ares NT to Atra, it would fade?

TheFanaticViper
Aug 30, 2018, 09:04 AM
Think you missed the point. I'm not worried about PB damage; Ares NT gives permanent bonuses based on the type of PB you do. I want to make a weapon to pair with at least the Helix PB for 4% damage boost.

My bad, i just realized what Ares Potentiel truly are

Loveless62
Aug 30, 2018, 09:24 AM
EDIT: Actually, does it persist after weapon swap? I'm reading this from swiki:

武器を持ち替えた場合、同潜在の武器同士ならばブースト効果は維持される。別の潜在能力の武器ならばブース ト効果は一時的に未適用状態になる。その後、この潜在能力の武器に持ち替ると再適用される。

I'm reading that as "if the weapon you're switching to has the same latent, the boost will persist, but if you swap to a weapon with a different latent, the effect will fade". Is that correct? So you'd have to swap from an Ares NT to another Ares NT to have the boost stay? But if I swapped from Ares NT to Atra, it would fade?
That seems to be what Google Translate implies. The good news is: if you swap back to Ares-NT from your Atra, you get all of your PB boosts back.

Ares-NT seems pretty nice. They don't seem ideal for some raid boss EQs with no mobs, since you shouldn't have any PB meter unless you facetank a lot (I realize some players do, LUL). It's probably fantastic for Nab and Lilli UQs and EF where you farm all day, and Mil mentioned how good it is for Endless.

It looks like I will need to get started raising more mags, LUL.

DavidAG
Aug 30, 2018, 10:13 AM
It looks like I will need to get started raising more mags, LUL.

That sounds like too big of an investment for a weapon that will probably get outclassed soon. It's like with shien, it lasted as king for 2 weeks or so, right?

Personally, unless you want to absolutely minmax for stuff like endless or speedruns, i would just stick with the 1 or 2 mags (of a single stat) you had before and use ares NT as another strong weapon you can use. Because, come on, 11% if pb is empty, that much raw atk and three ssa slots? at its minimum power it's already as strong as atra and lumiere

SteveCZ
Aug 30, 2018, 11:02 AM
Just doing this 3 times this time for king's crest. I really don't care much anymore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zorak000
Aug 30, 2018, 11:42 AM
still seems more like "use these to get your gear caught up with any other 14*s you have for that class" to me, like guren/shien was. just with more RNG.

gobba get thos eggs for summoner though, I hear there's at least one new (14*) parfait in there too! otherwise I hear slave and nemeisis drop in here as well.

I feel like hardcore folk could probably just coast by for now, at most maybe run endless quest to earn some Lesser V fodder for the next dudu boost or get some of those SSA Capsules. Once we get the final boss of ep5 up and running you might wanna get in on the luminare upgrades and austere NT, and maybe anything else that crops up with that, but I feel like they are still trying their dang hardest to dance around the matter that we kind of need either a brand new difficulty level, or something of that nature

echofaith
Aug 30, 2018, 01:01 PM
If the RNG is good I may consider farming it just because exchange gives it at +35(gotta save meseta for Salon). Otherwise, I will just wait for the Austere NT in hopes the OT version can save me some RNG for the conversion.

Saelix
Aug 30, 2018, 01:19 PM
Got 2 14* Marron eggs at the same time,My summoner level is like 12 I think

XrosBlader821
Aug 30, 2018, 01:28 PM
Eggs drop in UQ like freaking candy apparently. I think Sega wants to make regular high rarity eggs common while making the color variant as rare as the 14* weapons

RadiantLegend
Aug 30, 2018, 03:07 PM
I have 2 satk mags with ketos and yurius, just to clarify,
Will I get both bonuses while using Ares NT and switching mags after I activate each?

Aexorcet
Aug 30, 2018, 03:14 PM
I feel like they are still trying their dang hardest to dance around the matter that we kind of need either a brand new difficulty level, or something of that nature

Yeah, I tried to run Amd once, but it went by so fast I didn't feel like it had a point and I didn't go back in. Boosted stats and skills don't really add anything to the game unless there is content that really needs them.

the_importer_
Aug 30, 2018, 05:52 PM
You get slightly higher Weapon Damage multiplier with Photon Blast gague. Activating Photon Blast gives a Bonus effect depending on the eidolon of your Photon blast (the creature your Mag turns into). Apparently That photon Blast Bonus stays for the quest duration and when switching weapons.

Holy shit, you mean all I need to do is get an Ares Rod NT, grind it to 30, start the level with it, max my PB, swap to my Atra Rod and bang, an extra 13% damage for the rest of the quest?

milranduil
Aug 30, 2018, 06:38 PM
Holy shit, you mean all I need to do is get an Ares Rod NT, grind it to 30, start the level with it, max my PB, swap to my Atra Rod and bang, an extra 13% damage for the rest of the quest?

i know you ignore every post by me, but no. the wep pot is specific to the wep.

start quest -> get max PB -> blast helix with ares out -> ares now has 4% additional damage when used (as long as you don't return to campship). you still need to use ares for the bonuses. you can weapon switch all you want, but only ares gets the bonuses.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 30, 2018, 07:50 PM
i know you ignore every post by me, but no. the wep pot is specific to the wep.

start quest -> get max PB -> blast helix with ares out -> ares now has 4% additional damage when used (as long as you don't return to campship). you still need to use ares for the bonuses. you can weapon switch all you want, but only ares gets the bonuses.

using your simplified explanation in the front so people will hopefully read it (hope you dont mind), ill try to keep the 1st page updated with pot info.

The thing I want to know is if 2 Ares weps that proc 2 different PB bonuses will stack or lose one or the other bonus effects, aka if I proc 4% dmg on lets say sword, switch to Rod and proc 15% PP reduct, will i get both or just one?

milranduil
Aug 30, 2018, 09:41 PM
using your simplified explanation in the front so people will hopefully read it (hope you dont mind), ill try to keep the 1st page updated with pot info.

The thing I want to know is if 2 Ares weps that proc 2 different PB bonuses will stack or lose one or the other bonus effects, aka if I proc 4% dmg on lets say sword, switch to Rod and proc 15% PP reduct, will i get both or just one?

you get both bonuses on both weps, i tried today. it's so good lol

Reilet
Aug 30, 2018, 11:38 PM
you get both bonuses on both weps, i tried today. it's so good lol

Do you even need two weapons for two mag power buff? I thought you only need one?

milranduil
Aug 30, 2018, 11:52 PM
Do you even need two weapons for two mag power buff? I thought you only need one?

i took his question as do they stack on additional ares weps, to which my answer was yes. you can stack all pb buffs no matter how many ares weps are on your palette, including just 1.

Kondibon
Aug 31, 2018, 03:32 AM
I haven't done it as much as other people, but I have yet to see a single drop over 12*. And the 12* was a ray unit...

Poyonche
Aug 31, 2018, 04:56 AM
I haven't done it as much as other people, but I have yet to see a single drop over 12*. And the 12* was a ray unit...

I got a special Egg, I was actually happy, then I untekked it and it was Aero Egg. It was my first 13* since I started running UQ this week. :FeelsBad:

Suirano
Aug 31, 2018, 12:06 PM
The 14* Egg and Parfait drop rate in this is ridiculous lol.

RadiantLegend
Aug 31, 2018, 12:31 PM
i took his question as do they stack on additional ares weps, to which my answer was yes. you can stack all pb buffs no matter how many ares weps are on your palette, including just 1.
Thanks

ArcaneTechs
Aug 31, 2018, 10:43 PM
3 Ares NT so far (one Tact), one 14* Parfait, 2 14* non shiny Maron eggs. This UQ is driving me crazy

GHNeko
Sep 1, 2018, 01:42 AM
Ares Katana, 3 Melons, 1 Maron, and a 14* Parfait.

Not bad.

I want Ares Rod tho.

Zephyrion
Sep 1, 2018, 03:19 AM
Ares Katana, 3 Melons, 1 Maron, and a 14* Parfait.

Not bad.

I want Ares Rod tho.

unless you want both katana and rod, you can exchange the katana at Zieg's for a rod with a bunch of crafting materials. Be sure to affix it with the Katana SSA before turning it into a rod if you want this one, since it's a decent S1 !

2 Melon *141 1 Melon S *14, 3 Dia GS, 1 Dia Katana, 4 Gixes, 1 Neme,1 Slave, 1 Parfait, still waiting for a Marron *14 in this incredibly bloated drop table xD

Zulastar
Sep 1, 2018, 07:30 AM
All I got with 7 triboosts wasted on this shit ITS ONLY FUCKING Slave Tact and nothing else.
I think it's a time to drop this game after this prem ends...

GHNeko
Sep 1, 2018, 08:13 AM
unless you want both katana and rod, you can exchange the katana at Zieg's for a rod with a bunch of crafting materials. Be sure to affix it with the Katana SSA before turning it into a rod if you want this one, since it's a decent S1 !

yeah i wanted rod/talis/katana.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 2, 2018, 03:08 AM
im so done running this UQ, i got enough Ares NT's that I needed and im just missing 2 eggs. These rates are so ass its ridiculously stupid and i definitely going to pass on the Nab and Lilipa unless (which they will) add 14* pets for the other ones missing it.

250% RDR and TA's are enough to get by, nabbed me 5 NT's

Zephyrion
Sep 2, 2018, 04:28 AM
im so done running this UQ, i got enough Ares NT's that I needed and im just missing 2 eggs. These rates are so ass its ridiculously stupid and i definitely going to pass on the Nab and Lilipa unless (which they will) add 14* pets for the other ones missing it.

250% RDR and TA's are enough to get by, nabbed me 7 NT's

That's...quite a feat considering how rare Ares NT is. I saw the drop table, each of them is only 4/5x higher than old *14 rate on previous UQ revival campaign which is...huh...anything but guaranteed getting at least one ? I'd be more than happy landing only one

milranduil
Sep 2, 2018, 05:25 AM

250% RDR and TA's are enough to get by, nabbed me 7 NT's

7 NTs, and complaining about rates
[spoiler-box]
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/787/356/d6f.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Suirano
Sep 2, 2018, 07:30 AM
Managed to nab myself some Ares WLs. I forgot to boost so it was a surprise seeing them along with two Nemesis NTs. Didn't think I would get one but its cool that I can turn it into whatever weapon I want.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 2, 2018, 02:44 PM
7 NTs, and complaining about rates
[spoiler-box]
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/787/356/d6f.jpg
[/spoiler-box]
i meant 5, i posted super tired after running for 15hrs non stop UQ. i was more upset not getting enough parfaits and 14* eggs but just in general drops. going 3-5hrs with nothing dropping, kinda irritating.

and one of those 5 is a Tact, so technically 4 Ares NT's

milranduil
Sep 2, 2018, 04:32 PM
i meant 5, i posted super tired after running for 15hrs non stop UQ. i was more upset not getting enough parfaits and 14* eggs but just in general drops. going 3-5hrs with nothing dropping, kinda irritating.

and one of those 5 is a Tact, so technically 4 Ares NT's

my statement does not change.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 2, 2018, 04:51 PM
my statement does not change.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zulastar
Sep 2, 2018, 04:52 PM
After 10 hours of farming I finally got a common 14* Marron egg... yay... and still nothing else.

MyNameIsHawk
Sep 2, 2018, 05:40 PM
After 10 hours of farming I finally got a common 14* Marron egg... yay... and still nothing else.

funny, i did run it only twice for the king crest and i got the 14* green marron egg (dunno if rare color, im not su)

Jene-chan
Sep 2, 2018, 07:09 PM
another thread where kril unironically doesn't understand people's frustrations over rng, voices his own frustrations, then when called out on it, says deal with it

classic

GHNeko
Sep 2, 2018, 09:20 PM
the word of today is: anecdotal

anecdotal

anˇecˇdoˇtal
/ˌanəkˈdōdl/

adjective

(of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.

SteveCZ
Sep 3, 2018, 01:11 AM
I'm happy enough that this quest drops many grinders. if you know what I mean.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 3, 2018, 02:15 AM
another thread where kril unironically doesn't understand people's frustrations over rng, voices his own frustrations, then when called out on it, says deal with it

classic
i can gurantee a good chunk of you haven't farmed for nearly as much time as I have (around 45hrs now) of UQ. It's boring as hell and frustrating. I understand people still havent gotten anything after 20hrs (and friends of mine still havent gotten anything) and i get RNG is RNG.

I haven't told anyone to "deal with it" either, I'm not harping on others about RNG on the drops either.

I intended to farm 4 Ares NT and from there work on SU drops and the fact that I'm running SU and not getting eggs and parfaits like I keep reading from everyone else because they drop so easily is kinda frustrating so ya, I kinda know the mentality buddy

my other post wasnt geared toward as a brag either, just throwing out what I got so far but take it offensively if you want, not gonna stop you

TheFanaticViper
Sep 3, 2018, 08:43 AM
I doubt that will happend one day, but i wish SEGA will turn Amdu UQ into a "free field" like the 2 others. The actual format was perfect for Gix CF, but now it's really too boring. What i want in ultimate is encounter multiple E-Code at the same time with a large amount of mobs around, not rushing every room like in a (bit harder) seasonal EQ

Ezodagrom
Sep 4, 2018, 04:22 AM
All I wanted were the Maron and Melon 14* eggs (only found Maron so far), meanwhile got 2 Ares.

Being able to find something that I don't care about that dropped less than 400 times in the week and not being able to find something that I want that dropped 35k times is why I hate RNG in this game. <-<;
It's especially annoying finding a rainbow special egg only for it to end up being a 13* egg that dropped 7 times less than the 14* (regular) ones. ._.
/rant

Dark Mits
Sep 4, 2018, 07:00 AM
i can gurantee a good chunk of you haven't farmed for nearly as much time as I have (around 45hrs now) of UQ....While I admire and understand your persistence (I used to be like that before entering 30s), don't you think that maybe you need to dial down for your own sanity, and just make do with what you get, instead of trying to force the game to give you everything? 45hrs in 6 days of farming is 7h30m per day. Assuming you did other stuff as well, that's over 10h per day on PSO2.

You'll get burnt out.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 4, 2018, 09:19 PM
59hrs of farming, I think I'm done and will be skipping the next UQ Campaigns unless Nem/Slave NTs have their rate boosted for Austere NT trades (but I'll farm for 14* pets)
RNG is RNG, I get it but dont trigger yourself too hard, I'm expecting backlash from some of you guys for a long time just for posting this
https://image.ibb.co/kOqQ2z/youre2sensitive.jpg

While I admire and understand your persistence (I used to be like that before entering 30s), don't you think that maybe you need to dial down for your own sanity, and just make do with what you get, instead of trying to force the game to give you everything? 45hrs in 6 days of farming is 7h30m per day. Assuming you did other stuff as well, that's over 10h per day on PSO2.

You'll get burnt out.
I am burnt out (was well burned out before the boost week too) and going to be just logging in for TA's once a week and any EQ's I might have interest in

zangechan
Sep 5, 2018, 03:45 AM
grinded ~65+ hours of ult amu.

0 ares drops so kindly fuck off

wefwq
Sep 5, 2018, 07:52 AM
Got 3 *14 eggs and parfait, no ares at all.
This quest format is just way too boring.

Jene-chan
Sep 5, 2018, 08:16 AM
I hate that they're walking backwards in rewards design. Everyone joked about Phantasy Stone Online back in the day, but at least even if things didn't drop, you had a way of making progression towards a goal. CF was seemingly implemented to address this and they still use CF but weapons tied to "endgame" weapon progression have never been featured in them (e.g. Nem NT/Slave NT/Ares NT). Crests were a step in the right direction but they still feel like a slap in the face being forced to deal with it at +30 feeling like you got some bargain bin knock-off (which is essentially what you got). I grinded a ton of Desert Arkumaland for Apprentice T. Dags and just watched my friends get showered in them while I got nothing, but at least with that, I could make progress on Shien weapons so it wasn't a total wash.

It just sucks that they don't want to put in measurable progression and seemingly they chuck stuff behind 100% RNG. The ultimate example is Kril getting a good deal of stuff for his 60 hour investment and zangechan getting literally nothing for the same investment. Your effort doesn't feel rewarded unless the number roll works in your favor which is just total ass.

At least when they do random EQ revivals/boosts, it's a finite thing and you don't have to feel pressured into wasting large amounts of your time chasing a carrot. Revivals like this are terrible and they never adjust the map to be relevant outside of the boost period. Once this boost is over, Ultimate Amduscia will be back to a ghost town.

SteveCZ
Sep 5, 2018, 09:03 AM
It's time to get out of the hamster's wheel and put all your power on fashion items!! =)))

jk

Zulastar
Sep 5, 2018, 09:39 AM
I hate that they're walking backwards in rewards design. Everyone joked about Phantasy Stone Online back in the day, but at least even if things didn't drop, you had a way of making progression towards a goal. CF was seemingly implemented to address this and they still use CF but weapons tied to "endgame" weapon progression have never been featured in them (e.g. Nem NT/Slave NT/Ares NT). Crests were a step in the right direction but they still feel like a slap in the face being forced to deal with it at +30 feeling like you got some bargain bin knock-off (which is essentially what you got). I grinded a ton of Desert Arkumaland for Apprentice T. Dags and just watched my friends get showered in them while I got nothing, but at least with that, I could make progress on Shien weapons so it wasn't a total wash.

It just sucks that they don't want to put in measurable progression and seemingly they chuck stuff behind 100% RNG. The ultimate example is Kril getting a good deal of stuff for his 60 hour investment and zangechan getting literally nothing for the same investment. Your effort doesn't feel rewarded unless the number roll works in your favor which is just total ass.

At least when they do random EQ revivals/boosts, it's a finite thing and you don't have to feel pressured into wasting large amounts of your time chasing a carrot. Revivals like this are terrible and they never adjust the map to be relevant outside of the boost period. Once this boost is over, Ultimate Amduscia will be back to a ghost town.

You're comepeletely said off my mind and feelings here. 1000% agree!

It's time to get out of the hamster's wheel and put all your power on fashion items!! =)))

jk

Doing this way last 2 years spent here in PSO2 >_<

ZerotakerZX
Sep 5, 2018, 09:50 AM

Sounds like any online game ever. Carrots and all. They want to spend as much time as possible, not just to beat and buy sequel couple of years later. Just learn to take it ez. BTW the game is ez itself, so no actual sense to grab most toppest item every month.

Aexorcet
Sep 5, 2018, 09:57 AM

Yeah. CF's should have remained for all the top weapons. When they allowed Val weapons to be traded via the shop, I thought they might have kept going with that route, which would have made things better. Random just isn't fun and it's a big reason why I'm not chasing things.

Sounds like any online game ever. Carrots and all. They want to spend as much time as possible, not just to beat and buy sequel couple of years later. Just learn to take it ez. BTW the game is ez itself, so no actual sense to grab most toppest item every month.

I don't know, for me it does the opposite. I don't want to deal with carrots so I end up not playing if that's all the game is offering. You're right about the gear not being needed, which potentially points to other problems like a lack of meaningful content, but it at least makes it relatively safe to ignore grinds.

Zulastar
Sep 5, 2018, 10:14 AM
Well I wanted Apprentice daggers too... farm for it, more than 500 Apprenzias were killed - I didn't got them.
Since I can get Demonia Swotd through Kings Crests I really need only 3 things: Yasminkov 4000fj, Motav Prophesy Omega and 14* Redran - which isn't released yet. I don't care abuot other weapons or pets, but I just can't qet anything...

Zephyrion
Sep 5, 2018, 11:11 AM

While i completely agree with most of what was said, this campaign is a liiil different, in the sense it's NOT a campaign
- The drop table hasn't been overhauled but things were added to the lv85+ enemies drop table, nor do we get "weapon rate up", only a measly 100% RDR boost, which will be followed by Lili and Nabby Nabby. with all of that information, I'm hoping ( probably wrongly) for them to FINALLY add a rotation boost to UQs.

That and Ares NT exchange is DEFINITELY a step in the right direction (if we forget the fact that for whatever BS reason, takt is omitted again, coz it's apparently not a weapon) since now if you do land say Ares Gunslash, you can actually put it to good use, instead of facepalming and cursing RNG gods for such a troll present.

Jene-chan
Sep 5, 2018, 11:22 AM
That and Ares NT exchange is DEFINITELY a step in the right direction (if we forget the fact that for whatever BS reason, takt is omitted again, coz it's apparently not a weapon) since now if you do land say Ares Gunslash, you can actually put it to good use, instead of facepalming and cursing RNG gods for such a troll present.

The exchange for other Ares NT weapons is a step in the correct direction compared to the Slave NT/Nemesis NT exchange. The actual method of obtaining one is not. I have multiple friends that have been putting time in on this boost period and have gotten absolutely nothing. I would even be running this if every run gave you 1 token and if you got maybe even 250 tokens, you could trade in for an Ares NT of your choice.

As it stands now, it still is to be seen what they do with it but from previous experience, once the boost period runs out, Ultimate is going to become a graveyard again since when the content isn't boosted it just isn't worth it to run. They've made no mention of doing a regular boost rotation so I wouldn't bank on that either.

Zephyrion
Sep 5, 2018, 11:39 AM
The exchange for other Ares NT weapons is a step in the correct direction compared to the Slave NT/Nemesis NT exchange. The actual method of obtaining one is not. I have multiple friends that have been putting time in on this boost period and have gotten absolutely nothing. I would even be running this if every run gave you 1 token and if you got maybe even 250 tokens, you could trade in for an Ares NT of your choice.

As it stands now, it still is to be seen what they do with it but from previous experience, once the boost period runs out, Ultimate is going to become a graveyard again since when the content isn't boosted it just isn't worth it to run. They've made no mention of doing a regular boost rotation so I wouldn't bank on that either.

which is all fair, they should make the two options co-exist if they are going to make more stuff with such a low drop rate, but at least we actually have one of the two options (fair reminder that Jutis > Lumiere is STILL full RNG, you could get 30 Jutis and not land 2/3 of the type you do want, while EP3 could dick you with so many irrelevant drops that you'd resort to stone exchange to get what you want anyway)

It's also quite painful that UQ will just die once boost is over because this time around boost is hardly relevant. It pretty much amounts to slapping a tri-boost on top of 250 RDR, and we all know how much it matters when hunting for really rare weapons. Unlike Slave/Neme NT, this boost doesn't do much more than signal that "hey you should maybe run that quest while it's on" at the end of the day, but I guess it highlights the quest enough for people to actually run it

ArcaneTechs
Sep 5, 2018, 12:15 PM

ya and how do we know he didnt just read my post and put a higher farm hour count out of frustration? I could have easily said the same thing and moved on

grinded ~65+ hours of ult amu.
0 ares drops so kindly fuck off
It's not a competition but I'm not sure I even believe you farmed longer than me this past week and didnt get at least 1 Ares and by farming, I mean at least 8-15hrs days this past week

Jene-chan
Sep 5, 2018, 12:16 PM
ya and how do we know he didnt just read my post and put a higher farm hour count out of frustration? I could have easily said the same thing and moved on

I know zangechan personally and can confirm. So yeah, that's just how it goes.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 5, 2018, 12:17 PM
I know zangechan personally and can confirm. So yeah, that's just how it goes.
I'll take your "word" for it then it

Aexorcet
Sep 5, 2018, 12:38 PM

It doesn't sound that unbelievable. Random is random. I've been playing recently mostly because of the free keys and AC tickets. I ran the combined Mother Deus on a whim and dropped the 14* Katana, my only 14 drop. Never got one from endless Solo PD runs, Dragon, boost events, etc. I couldn't even get the relevant 13's from those events half the time.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 5, 2018, 01:10 PM
It doesn't sound that unbelievable. Random is random. I've been playing recently mostly because of the free keys and AC tickets. I ran the combined Mother Deus on a whim and dropped the 14* Katana, my only 14 drop. Never got one from endless Solo PD runs, Dragon, boost events, etc. I couldn't even get the relevant 13's from those events half the time.
i havent seen a single 14* from mother/deus, apprentice or dragon/atrum, so i know what you mean, im lucky i get Val and that's if it even comes with a SSA

Masu
Sep 5, 2018, 01:44 PM
I think there's a treshold that shouldn't be reached with bad rng...65hours of farming for peanuts = ditching the game once and for all with me. Farming 10 hours non stop Forest when boost was up and getting nothing worth out of it was my last time doing such stupidity for a game which turn to not be one anymore. Am not seeking a secondary job especially when I don't get my bill at end of the day.
'Fuck you sega you won't get me anymore' became a leitmotiv lately...

Edit: Gratz Kril but that's still way too much time for what it's worth.

Zephyrion
Sep 5, 2018, 01:57 PM
I think there's a treshold that shouldn't be reached with bad rng...65hours of farming for peanuts = ditching the game once and for all with me. Farming 10 hours non stop Forest when boost was up and getting nothing worth out of it was my last time doing such stupidity for a game which turn to not be one anymore. Am not seeking a secondary job especially when I don't get my bill at end of the day.

What's more impressive is weathering the snorefest that is UQ Amduscia for that long. I probably clocked in 4-5 hours top in it and am just now eagerly hoping for Lilipa UQ, Lilipa UQ of all things, because mobs and bosses may be BS but quest itself at least provides enough variation to not feel like a glorified EXP LQ

Dark Mits
Sep 5, 2018, 03:19 PM
This is a hot issue in reward design, not just for Sega but for literally every online game developer.

- Make rewards entirely 100% deterministic -> Hardcore players earn them asap -> Hardcore players will start QQ-ing that there is literally nothing to do in-game. If content is released at the rate at which hardcore players earn their rewards, non-hardcore players are left behind and quit because they will never ever be able to keep up.
- Make rewards entirely 100% RNG -> You can literally not get anything, while someone else who only holds left-click for autoattacking and hugs the floor after every enemy ability can get Best-in-Slot on day #1.
- Make rewards something like the CF system but with drops from bosses available -> Lucky players can still get their BiS equipment within the first day if RNG helps them, unlucky players are forced to wait weeks to get 6 copies the grind way.
- Make rewards only RNG drop, but allow players to trade other items to get them if RNG doesn't help -> Again lucky players get everything for no effort, others have to spend maximum time to gather the rest of the "ingredients" to get their rewards
- Make rewards RNG drop, but allow exchanging between players -> Someone who only plays the market can get BiS without running quests at all. Lucky players get their rewards again without effort, unlucky players are at the mercy of the market.
- Make rewards drop from multiple content instead of only one -> Literally everyone flocks to the path of least resistance and the rest of the game is rotting and people can't find a group for it.

There is no reward system that will keep the playerbase happy.

Quite honestly, compared to every other online game I have played, Sega has actually done the most effort to ensure that gear is not earned from doing only the hardest content, and from RNG only. Also, campaigns are meant to cycle content so that we don't get bored seeing the same areas and enemies all the time.

Zephyrion
Sep 5, 2018, 03:34 PM
-snip

Which kinda brings me to this. I feel like everyone is way too much in love with the old CF system... Between the insanely grindy one from mainstay quest (RQ, Amdu UQ) and the EQ CF (better have the time and will to attend most of the EQS to get your baby to +35 because you sure as hell won't be getting any as a drop with such abysmal rates). The issue was alleviated a lot from when solo PD and Union revival happened onwards thanks to more straightforward files, better file rate filling, and longer time windows before file expiration, but the drop rates for Union, Astra and Zeine/Qliphad were still absolute undefendable garbage.

A simple solution to the current gear problem would be making all CF weapons stronger so that they are actually worthwhile alternatives while still being dethroned by BiS weapons. I mean cmon, Mars, which was the best CF weapon series we ever got as of EP5 still doesn't even come close to how strong and versatile Invade is, and therefore, as all CF weapons, end up as SSA fodder. It doesn't really make sense for them to be THAT underwhelming since they still require some effort to acquire. If BiS are power-creeping, CF weapons should follow suit. rant end^^

Jene-chan
Sep 5, 2018, 03:45 PM
Also, campaigns are meant to cycle content so that we don't get bored seeing the same areas and enemies all the time.

this could be done naturally if content was designed to be rewarding in a more permanent sense

content being worthless outside of specific boost periods is the sign of poor design

people don't mind rng as a form of progression, but when it's the /only/ method of obtaining something, so don't be surprised when people get frustrated at it. pso2 used to actually do achievement-based progression but then they stopped mid episode 5. atra weapons are actually a good example of this sort of system working properly. as was said above, i would be game for running a lot of these revivals if the goal wasn't totally removed from any independent effort on my part other than my time with no guarantee of my effort being rewarded

Aexorcet
Sep 5, 2018, 03:58 PM
This is a hot issue in reward design, not just for Sega but for literally every online game developer.

- Make rewards entirely 100% deterministic -> Hardcore players earn them asap -> Hardcore players will start QQ-ing that there is literally nothing to do in-game. If content is released at the rate at which hardcore players earn their rewards, non-hardcore players are left behind and quit because they will never ever be able to keep up.

I still find it hard to understand playing the game for nothing but rewards. There has to be something else that makes you want to play. The focus just needs to be on that thing. Hopefully, that would be engaging gameplay. Maybe leaderboards if people want something more tangible. It can also be other avenues to important items like meseta, excubes, grind success boosters, etc. The top weapon helps you get more of those things and isn't the totality of the reward in itself.

- Make rewards drop from multiple content instead of only one -> Literally everyone flocks to the path of least resistance and the rest of the game is rotting and people can't find a group for it.
This isn't all that different from now. They just need to have rotations or something, like you said later in your post. Or, as they did with CF's, require different content to build up to one reward.

There is no reward system that will keep the playerbase happy.
I'm sure that it's very possible to influence what percentage is happy or unhappy, or to make it so that the worst situation that a player can face is only so bad.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 5, 2018, 04:21 PM

thanks and im 250% with you, i had a massive suspicion they would pull the lowby drop rates again and they did which is why i farmed so hard despite having to work so i can at least get 3 drops and be done but i needed stuff as SU so that kept me there even longer than i wanted (i was done with Ares on Sat). while everyone got easy SU drops, i wasnt and still struggling with Marron while Melon keeps on coming to me (9 melon 14* eggs)

but ya, i wanted the grind out of the way. thats why i went hard

vantpers
Sep 5, 2018, 04:38 PM

Not really true since at some point people just get tired of doing only one thing and they might want to do something else just not to go crazy, other even if a bit less efficient ways are only ignored by certain kind of people that absolutely want to suffer for a virtual drop. Looking for a group is also a design problem because free exploration is great when it comes to running underpopulated content. You can fire up your favourite quest and have people join on the go instead of having people join and leave at 5/12 teleporter.

pso2god
Sep 5, 2018, 05:37 PM

i havent seen a single 14* from mother/deus, apprentice or dragon/atrum, so i know what you mean, im lucky i get Val and that's if it even comes with a SSA

https://i.imgur.com/7H2paHj.png

zangechan
Sep 5, 2018, 05:53 PM

It's not a competition but I'm not sure I even believe you farmed longer than me this past week and didnt get at least 1 Ares and by farming, I mean at least 8-15hrs days this past week

I got 5 merons, 2 marons, a parfait and 12 dias, No Ares. I'm also not the psychopath who goes into every thread related to a farm-able area boosted by campaign and tell people to just grind more because "I've gotten things to drop"

also lol @ not realizing how fucking moronic you sound when you're like "you should have gotten an ares" and then later say "i havent gotten a 14* from an eq" like lmfao dude

ArcaneTechs
Sep 5, 2018, 06:21 PM
https://i.imgur.com/7H2paHj.png

I got 5 merons, 2 marons, a parfait and 12 dias, No Ares. I'm also not the psychopath who goes into every thread related to a farm-able area boosted by campaign and tell people to just grind more because "I've gotten things to drop"

also lol @ not realizing how fucking moronic you sound when you're like "you should have gotten an ares" and then later say "i havent gotten a 14* from an eq" like lmfao dude
imagine being this triggered kek

imagine all this whining is for nothing when you and everyone else will dump these in the trash once Austere NT finally becomes available

i put a trigger warning for a reason. meanwhile someone thinks im upset over phobos drops (because the series is so good right?) :wacko:

Dark Mits
Sep 5, 2018, 06:58 PM
A simple solution to the current gear problem would be making all CF weapons stronger so that they are actually worthwhile alternatives while still being dethroned by BiS weapons.This is also another topic of discussion. How "worse" should a farmable equipment piece be compared to RNG drop? Generally I agree with you, because if the absolute BiS RNG drop is even just 0.5% better than some farmable equipment, then the "blessed" players have a very very very slight advantage potential, but nothing that would have meaningful performance impact.

@Jene-chan: But how long should content be relevant? Again another great topic for discussion. If we go by CF availability for example, Underground Nightmare will be relevant up to the next 4 and half months in addition to the already 1 and half months past us. If the Atra series remains one of the top-3 weapons till the end of EP5, that means that Crimson Dragon will be relevant content for over 12 months. How long can content remain relevant before the playerbase starts complaining that we shouldn't have to rerun X-month old content for new stuff?

And on a different tangent, we have EXP farming. Daily FQ are by far the best source for it. This means that content from all the way back to EP1 is relevant for EXP farming, which is a very active part of the game. Time Attacks/XQ are the obvious sources for meseta.

I still find it hard to understand playing the game for nothing but rewards. There has to be something else that makes you want to play. The focus just needs to be on that thing. Hopefully, that would be engaging gameplay.Multiple reasons to play a game. The common factor for the majority is the sense of progression. Remove progress from a game and the game will still have players every day, but at reduced numbers. Sort of like how we rarely re-touch an offline single-player game after we complete it.

Not really true since at some point people just get tired of doing only one thing and they might want to do something else just not to go crazy, other even if a bit less efficient ways are only ignored by certain kind of people that absolutely want to suffer for a virtual drop.True. But the point where people hit that "burn-out" with the most efficient path is different for each of us. For example, check how many people run Boss Rush FQ multiple times per day when it's available compared to the rest of the 4th Daily FQs. Personally I only run it once for the sake of getting the daily reward. But I know of some Team members who ignore the rest of the content during the days when Boss Rush is available.

Jene-chan
Sep 5, 2018, 07:18 PM
@Jene-chan: But how long should content be relevant? Again another great topic for discussion. If we go by CF availability for example, Underground Nightmare will be relevant up to the next 4 and half months in addition to the already 1 and half months past us. If the Atra series remains one of the top-3 weapons till the end of EP5, that means that Crimson Dragon will be relevant content for over 12 months. How long can content remain relevant before the playerbase starts complaining that we shouldn't have to rerun X-month old content for new stuff?

EQs are different as the game is based around those getting cycled in and out. I'm more referring to the mountain of persistent content that has died because we've basically outgrown the rewards for it. Advanced, Extreme (not Solo EX), Challenge, Riding, Ultimate, and Buster. All of these modes which were interesting in their inclusion and get played when they get randomly boosted, but always die once they're no longer rewarding. All these modes that people could potentially be running IF there was more incentive to run them outside of small boost periods. It's really telling that if someone says "I want to run Ult Nab to get Nem NT" and you just talk them down from it because the rates are low and nobody is going to be doing it.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 5, 2018, 07:40 PM
EQs are different as the game is based around those getting cycled in and out. I'm more referring to the mountain of persistent content that has died because we've basically outgrown the rewards for it. Advanced, Extreme (not Solo EX), Challenge, Riding, Ultimate, and Buster. All of these modes which were interesting in their inclusion and get played when they get randomly boosted, but always die once they're no longer rewarding. All these modes that people could potentially be running IF there was more incentive to run them outside of small boost periods. It's really telling that if someone says "I want to run Ult Nab to get Nem NT" and you just talk them down from it because the rates are low and nobody is going to be doing it.
i dont understand why they just dont have the items included from the boosts readily set in stone so its worth running them EVEN having just a few of them for a CF to grind and then convert into what you want wouldnt be bad either with or without having to boost said Field. Increase the rates a bit or something because ya, it'd be kinda nice to farm Nem/Slave NT's OFF boost campaigns since no one runs them. Add old and semi-new (Apprentice and certain Raid exclusive drops excluded for example) into everything (fields, rideroid, AQ's etc). Update the dam fields so theyre somewhat relevant outside Dailies and Featured quest or something.

CF's are great and all but I dont like to see them offer the best of the best gear, maybe something thats a tad weaker (like idk 4% weaker?) so that at least you got something good out of it or something and dont example dump the game right away. I've been wanting old content to be relevant again outside boost campaign weeks for a super long time and I just dont get why Sega doesnt do it outside baiting players to run whatever they boost to keep them "interested" until the next content drop hits.

what, normal Magatsu showed up? ah whats the point outside cubes, no Dragon 14*s or Camo(?) are included anyways

Dark Mits
Sep 5, 2018, 07:56 PM
EQs are different as the game is based around those getting cycled in and out. I'm more referring to the mountain of persistent content that has died because we've basically outgrown the rewards for it. Advanced, Extreme (not Solo EX), Challenge, Riding, Ultimate, and Buster. All of these modes which were interesting in their inclusion and get played when they get randomly boosted, but always die once they're no longer rewarding. All these modes that people could potentially be running IF there was more incentive to run them outside of small boost periods. It's really telling that if someone says "I want to run Ult Nab to get Nem NT" and you just talk them down from it because the rates are low and nobody is going to be doing it.Indeed. Which would bring us to "what could this content provide that is relevant"? The things people are mostly after are (not in order):

- Experience
- Meseta
- Weapons, Units
- Emper Embrace for grinding weapons
- Fodder
- Consumables to boost success rates with Dudu
- etc.

To me, the problem is that featured/boosted content (not daily FQ), provide a lot of the above as the most "cost-effective" option. Running Beach Wars for example is: (a) amazing source of EXP, (b) CF source, (c) currently best source for Emper Embrace, (d) amazing source of items with high-#-of-abilities to be used as fodder, (e) amazing source of excubes, (f) amazing source for amassing kills for the relevant title

I believe that it's better if some content is the best for being the source of a single relevant part of the game. That way the developer can spread rewards over multiple content and keep everything alive and relevant for longer.

Again I'll bring as example Time Attacks/XQs for Klotho. They're the absolute best source of meseta, and they're limited (second only to playing the market). But they're horrible for everything else. Yet they are still run week after week due to its reward remaining relevant. Similarily, bonus keys are relevant because they are the best source of EXP. But they're bad source for everything else, and they're limited.

This could also solve the issue with Ult Naberius that you mention. Since the rewards from UQ are not up-to-par with the rest of the content (outside of boost events), they could be modified to be somewhat enticing. For example they could allow UQ stones to be traded for Great Grind Success +100%, at a rate that would not make it too OP. Or they could make it so that equipment dropped in UQ has higher chance to have high number of abilities compared to the rest of the game, therefore enticing players to run it to get fodder.

Would anyone else agree with replacing the current 4th Daily FQs with a rotation of all current AQs, even if it meant buffing the exp bonus from AQ to match the current rates?

ArcaneTechs
Sep 5, 2018, 08:05 PM
Would anyone else agree with replacing the current 4th Daily FQs with a rotation of all current AQs, even if it meant buffing the exp bonus from AQ to match the current rates?
Keep the rotation of LQ's there (or not) but add the AQ

AQ conditions:
250% EXP
50% RDR (maybe 100% or no RDR at all)
Add 14*'s from year one or semi-new ones or MAYBE 13/14*'s exclusive to SHAQ's
Add 12* units (Bode or something)
Add CF's that are new that are decent and worth farming in SHAQ (akin to Revo but obviously better)

something along the lines of that

pso2god
Sep 5, 2018, 08:10 PM

imagine all this whining is for nothing when you and everyone else will dump these in the trash once Austere NT finally becomes available

i put a trigger warning for a reason. meanwhile someone thinks im upset over phobos drops (because the series is so good right?) :wacko:

59hrs of farming

i was gonna call you out for projecting but tbh i'd be pretty upset too if i farmed 59 hours for a ~7% damage upgrade and other people made me realise i'm gonna throw it out in a few months anyway

imagine if i did that and i didn't even TA or do any content that got meaningful benefits from it!

Jene-chan
Sep 5, 2018, 08:15 PM
As long as TTF (I don't know the actual name but the boss rush LQ) exists, AQ would have to be boosted to an absurd amount to get people to run that for EXP over TTF. SH TTF runs take less than 4 minutes and can yield almost 700-800k EXP with proper boosts.

Also, for Ult, they could just add new stones (yes, new stones) from bosses which can be traded for Slave NT/Nem NT. Those weapons are almost a year old and SEGA has stated they're going to be necessary for Aus NT so there's no reason for them to be so difficult to obtain. I'm of the opinion that once Aus NT gets formally announced they'll make them more available, but that's just my opinion -- they haven't said anything about that. I have no idea why they're so unobtainable right now.

Likewise, to revive CM, they could actually refresh the shop and add new and relevant items to it. That shop hasn't been touched in years and contains some pretty outdated stuff.

Honestly, even Boss EQ boost periods I almost wish they'd remain with their boosted HP/Attack or at least a fraction of it. I didn't really enjoy the Big Vader revival but it was at least a chance of pace and we got to see him do things he hasn't done in years. Now he's back to candy pinata version and (to my knowledge) people would only run him on SH trying to aim for units to sell.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 5, 2018, 08:15 PM
i was gonna call you out for projecting but tbh i'd be pretty upset too if i farmed 59 hours for a ~7% damage upgrade and other people made me realise i'm gonna throw it out in a few months anyway

imagine if i did that and i didn't even TA or do any content that got meaningful benefits from it!
use your head friendo, you got Austere NT, Lumiere buff and whatever the hell Sega decides to end Ep5 with that'll most likely top (almost maybe) everything else currently out and remain most used until Ep6 hits

i dont get why you insist im upset about any of this either, your as triggered about this as the other guy. I'll project harder if that'll make you happy

Likewise, to revive CM, they could actually refresh the shop and add new and relevant items to it. That shop hasn't been touched in years and contains some pretty outdated stuff.

god man make this happen, add a new CM map(s) to go through and update the shop already. would love to run these again while being able to work toward some nice shop gear, outfits etc

Jene-chan
Sep 5, 2018, 08:20 PM
Endless has functionally replaced CM so I doubt it will happen but it was just an idea.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 5, 2018, 08:29 PM
Endless has functionally replaced CM so I doubt it will happen but it was just an idea.
ya but CM is just as enjoyable to run just needs a better incentive to do it and more relevancy these days. It just be great if Sega didnt abandon it for so long, i mean look how barely alive PvP is

Reilet
Sep 5, 2018, 09:52 PM
At least CM gives SG for ranking. :)

Still pretty fun to go ranking style with 4 people.

zangechan
Sep 5, 2018, 10:59 PM

lol @ thinking im mad because you got ares, what are you like 10 for making a lol triggered joke? it woulda been more funny if you just were like "look at this gorilla cursing me because I got a drop" but no, you sadly are too predictable in unfunny boring humour. it is to be expected though since you're clearly incapable at realizing your own stupidity, but its okay, i suppose thats why theres therapists and counselors.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 5, 2018, 11:46 PM
lol @ thinking im mad because you got ares, what are you like 10 for making a lol triggered joke? it woulda been more funny if you just were like "look at this gorilla cursing me because I got a drop" but no, you sadly are too predictable in unfunny boring humour. it is to be expected though since you're clearly incapable at realizing your own stupidity, but its okay, i suppose thats why theres therapists and counselors.
feel free to stop seething anytime man

Lostbob117
Sep 5, 2018, 11:51 PM
Luck is a skill

Tymek
Sep 6, 2018, 09:12 AM
Dia looks so much better than Gix.

Flaoc
Sep 6, 2018, 01:05 PM
and is more useless than gix.. at least sentence is a potentially usable saf

Zephyrion
Sep 6, 2018, 01:25 PM
and is more useless than gix.. at least sentence is a potentially usable saf

sadly yeah, I mean the potential could work since you can use another weapon while it builds, but 180 seconds is absolutely overkill. make it 40 or so and it would have been a somewhat interesting deal for some weapons, but alas...

Zorak000
Sep 6, 2018, 08:58 PM
if you had an SSA-compatable katana you could use the Dia S3 on them, and only bring out that katana during katana combat heh

dont_talk_to_me
Sep 7, 2018, 12:28 PM
dia looks sick, just use model swap mods. EZ

ArcaneTechs
Sep 7, 2018, 07:17 PM
I've never more than ever felt the same as past SU's for destroying the laser crystals, they help out so much only to be destroyed by everyone including other SU's despite the laser being across the map or the never ending anger they have for the lasers to destroy them before Anga even spawns. Please, think of the Marrons/Melons

oratank
Sep 9, 2018, 01:12 AM
I've never more than ever felt the same as past SU's for destroying the laser crystals, they help out so much only to be destroyed by everyone including other SU's despite the laser being across the map or the never ending anger they have for the lasers to destroy them before Anga even spawns. Please, think of the Marrons/Melons

pretty sure if you throw maron at anga he will run out off the the zone of laser and chase you down

milranduil
Sep 9, 2018, 03:19 AM
pretty sure if you throw maron at anga he will run out off the the zone of laser and chase you down

no. maron never takes aggro when you throw it cuz it dies.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 11, 2018, 08:42 PM
updated first post/thread name slightly, nothing amazing just general info of what you dont already know. I'm ready to go on this wild ride again for the Slave NT hunt this week and drop the UQ entirely next week. good luck guys

I recommend saving any Tri-Boosters you have but totally up to you. Remember spam 250%s and to use RDR Timed Abilities and keep your Daily Tri boost up, play in Parties for that extra sweet 40% Tri Boost.

most importantly dont forget to pick up UQ stones after every boss kill, they add up and if you're struggling for a certain drop, you can hopefully convert it into one you want.

Will_2_Power
Sep 11, 2018, 10:06 PM
Definitely looking forward to Lili UQ as a change of pace as Amdu UQ spam was incredibly mind-numbing--no variation.

SoulSighTy
Sep 11, 2018, 10:18 PM
Already got 3 slave-NT (and 0 ares-NT/neme-NT) from Amdu UQ. But I'll try run this for another eggs and maybe some new parfaits...

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 11, 2018, 10:32 PM
Demonia should drop from anything at end game...
These boosts kill off E forest action.

Will_2_Power
Sep 12, 2018, 03:40 AM
Okay, so I just tried Lili UQ.

Everything in here just simply melts like cheese.... no joke.

Edit:

GuFi just decimates everything in here...

ArcaneTechs
Sep 12, 2018, 04:33 AM

Edit:

hes not lying, everything has 2016 HP and even Lv85s still die fast. everyone should absolutely no prob steam rolling through this and killing way more mobs at a super fast rate. now the drops rates, thats where it matters

Kintama
Sep 12, 2018, 06:12 AM

Edit:

Way to kill off my hype.

Meteor Weapon
Sep 12, 2018, 06:25 AM
Way to kill off my hype.

Not sure what you were expecting from a 2015 old content lol, a few enemy level ups and some new weps isnt gonna make any difference.

huck
Sep 12, 2018, 08:16 AM
The PB buffs also apparently stacks with each other, stay during area switch, stay even when switching weapons and seems to be permanently active until the end of the quest.

Good tip

Zephyrion
Sep 12, 2018, 11:24 AM
Not sure what you were expecting from a 2015 old content lol, a few enemy level ups and some new weps isnt gonna make any difference.

It could have been good if lv85+ enemies were the most common and/or always mixed with lv80 mobs...sadly if people thought lv85 enemies were "rare" in Amduscia, Lilipa takes it to a whole new level. haven't even seen a single 85+ Anga after one hour, and aside from a few bosses and e-trial, most of the thing was lv80 stuff.

It's kinda sad tbh, just a much better ratio of 85+ enemies could have made this fun but alas

Flaoc
Sep 12, 2018, 03:53 PM
my main issue with this is sega shoving amdu area drops into this.. i remember when a rainbow more or less meant you got a slave now theres dia trash and 14* egg trash to deal with

wefwq
Sep 12, 2018, 04:43 PM
*14 egg droprate in this quest just way too ridiculous.

Masu
Sep 12, 2018, 05:09 PM
*14 egg droprate in this quest just way too ridiculous.

Time to farm some then :D
and too bad sega didn't dared to make this UQ deadly. Almost ignored the previous thinking this one would be fun. Maybe if there are enough complain they'll eventually make a boosted one like for previous UQs revival?

NightlightPro
Sep 13, 2018, 06:48 AM
copy/pasting the same UQA drops, very original

Jene-chan
Sep 14, 2018, 08:40 AM
I know it wasn't a long time, but did an hour and a half of farming last night and got only 2 Dia and 1 Merron to my name. Map is super repetitive and LV85 codes don't really pop all that often and everything outside of LV85 mobs instantly dies.

Really not sure what I was expecting for only a bit over an hour but it feels wonderful to have the only spoils from that be 2 Dia trash and some Pet I'll never use since I don't play Su.

Spellbinder
Sep 14, 2018, 01:38 PM
Welp, I have 22 slave weapons, 1237 yurlungur crystals, and still no slave tact. Thank good they added an exchange for summoner, because one way or another, I'm getting me a slave tact +35...

TheFanaticViper
Sep 14, 2018, 06:25 PM
I saw that in a youtube stream :

https://image.ibb.co/mAggx9/pso2_ares_dead.png

The dead player who receive an Ares Bow NT :D
I love the logic of this game XD

vantpers
Sep 14, 2018, 08:06 PM
Leave dead men alone, not everyone uses a million safety skills on top of 1.5k HP. It's better if RNG hands the loot to those needing it rather than to another guy with billions of meseta in affixes.

milranduil
Sep 14, 2018, 08:20 PM
Leave dead men alone, not everyone uses a million safety skills on top of 1.5k HP. It's better if RNG hands the loot to those needing it rather than to another guy with billions of meseta in affixes.

lol u think rng gives a fk who gets what

Lostbob117
Sep 14, 2018, 10:07 PM
I wish the UQ Stones are more consistent at dropping from bosses.

pkemr4
Sep 15, 2018, 12:16 AM
6 hours of farming in one day to only get 3 slaves and 0 ares

TakemiShinnosuke
Sep 15, 2018, 04:31 AM
been farming at least one 2 hours everyday and still nothing

Masu
Sep 15, 2018, 05:58 AM
Farmed for 3 row of 2 hrs. Got Dia GS the 20 first minutes (the bait I guess...lolol) then nothing. Ok segac you earned your prize, ditching this shit from my schedule. I won't get caught anymore, told ya 0u0

milranduil
Sep 15, 2018, 06:24 AM
im glad i farmed amdu when i did, the slave drop rate feels even worse than the first renewal in lillipa. idk what sega's playing at tbh.

Zephyrion
Sep 15, 2018, 10:04 AM
im glad i farmed amdu when i did, the slave drop rate feels even worse than the first renewal in lillipa. idk what sega's playing at tbh.

I could weather farming for Slave if stuff in there actually fought back and made the farm feel worthwhile. It's incredibly baffling that they're supposedly renewing a quest...with less HP than after a good 10 months or so of wild power creep thanks to SSA weapons. Only thing I can do is hope for Naberius to have more 85+ enemies if I actually want my favorite quests to be fun again

Jene-chan
Sep 15, 2018, 10:39 AM
I could weather farming for Slave if stuff in there actually fought back and made the farm feel worthwhile. It's incredibly baffling that they're supposedly renewing a quest...with less HP than after a good 10 months or so of wild power creep thanks to SSA weapons. Only thing I can do is hope for Naberius to have more 85+ enemies if I actually want my favorite quests to be fun again

It's not just SSA weapons. Even at the end of EP4, we were already on the verge of power creep and then EP5 came along and past the initial wave of nerfs, /everything/ in the game has been buffed in damage/utility/speed to keep up with Hero /AND/ we got a level cap increase. LV85 mobs have more HP and hit for more, but they add nothing mechanically that scales to the level of general power players now. Some newer mobs seem more designed to deal with this but it doesn't really add much. For the brief period I ran Ult Lilipa during this revival, even the LV85 mobs didn't last very long, so I really don't think that changes anything. And yeah, LV85 codes are hella infrequent, so there's that too.

milranduil
Sep 15, 2018, 02:22 PM

i got like 8 slaves from amdu, i've gotten 0 from lillipa though. literally only reason to farm it is the stones to pick the slave trade-in you'll inevitably want for aus NT, and emp fodder.

it also seems like even 85 anga in lillipa is much less tanky than amdu anga i think. it's hard to judge based on pug though.

Zephyrion
Sep 15, 2018, 04:13 PM
It's not just SSA weapons. Even at the end of EP4, we were already on the verge of power creep and then EP5 came along and past the initial wave of nerfs, /everything/ in the game has been buffed in damage/utility/speed to keep up with Hero /AND/ we got a level cap increase. LV85 mobs have more HP and hit for more, but they add nothing mechanically that scales to the level of general power players now. Some newer mobs seem more designed to deal with this but it doesn't really add much. For the brief period I ran Ult Lilipa during this revival, even the LV85 mobs didn't last very long, so I really don't think that changes anything. And yeah, LV85 codes are hella infrequent, so there's that too.

The thing is Lilipa UQ mobs have the range and are agressive enough to fall into that category of being potentially deadly if you underestimate them, provided they can live long enough for you to have the time to even do that. Sadly only lv 85 mobs are very specific e-trials, the ones where mobs are less numerous and easy to kill. If the constant spawns from bits e-trial were lv85, as well as the normal spawns happening on top of other e-trials, you could start to see some difficulty as they would be more numerous than the numbers of players present, and therefore, being able to cheap shot, or overwhelm you while you're being busy dealing with other things.

As for bosses, I got to meet rare mutant Leone + Leopard at lv85.... And they do their work of being a major pain in the ass perfectly fine, which makes me wish for it to happen every time they spawn and not like 1/10 of them

i got like 8 slaves from amdu, i've gotten 0 from lillipa though. literally only reason to farm it is the stones to pick the slave trade-in you'll inevitably want for aus NT, and emp fodder.

it also seems like even 85 anga in lillipa is much less tanky than amdu anga i think. it's hard to judge based on pug though.

Thing is Amdu UQ Anga is the tankiest version of it ( + the final room is designed to slow you down and prevent you from getting on it too hard during the first part) as it's both always lv85 and always mutant. A normal lv85 has a lot less health, and exception one even less. So yeah with all that to take into account, there is no way it could last long enough in any non mutant 85 scenario, which is 90% of the Angas you meet,soooo

final_attack
Sep 15, 2018, 07:06 PM
I wonder why Sega didn't just make every mobs lv85 in UQ renewal ....
Being in Lilipa UQ around 6 hours so far (ISP is -.- with lots of rtos these 4-5 days, I only recently can go online (not sure if it's fixed or not, gonna need to wait and see tomorrow)), it is indeed more fun when lv 85 mobs appeared (boss or normal mobs).

Now as far as drop goes, rng being rng indeed :wacko: Been playing as Gu, but I didn't get Gu things :wacko:
Played UQ Lilipa around the same hours I did UQ Amdu now ...... Lilipa : 4 Slaves (katana, tact, fist, launcher), Dia Partizan, ★14parfait (Alter Ego one) ..... Amdu : Dia Katana, Gix Sword, ★14Melon.

I hope the trade in of OT Austere to NT doesn't involve insanely-low-drop-rate ★13or ★14 equipments or extreme amount of stones -.-
Or they can just make CF great again :wacko:
Progressing depends on horrible-rate-of-rng kinda :wacko: for me. CF should have the best equipments available ;w;

Oh, and ...... Yurlungur stones doesn't always drop from bosses in this one? o-o

ArcaneTechs
Sep 15, 2018, 09:00 PM
they should have extended Ama UQ, Slave rates are hot garbage. all i hear from friends are 3-6hr burst runs and no slave much less Ares NT. Gix or Dia trash way to prevalent that it should have just locked to Ama UQ or something

Not enough Lv85 mobs, even when Lv85 rare infected bosses spawn, still dont get anything. Anga Lv85 still dies faster than Ama UQ one does. I really hope Nab is better but this is Sega so we can assume it'll be just as bad

nyaaaaa
Sep 15, 2018, 10:18 PM
For all the complaints about the enemies melting too quick, there are plenty of steps you can do to avoid that, or make it a bit more challenging/entertaining/whatever:

1) Don't drop in with a party of your OP teammates/friends (better yet, drop in solo)
2) Turn off expert matching

You'd be surprised how long stuff lasts when you do those two. :nono:

https://i.imgur.com/yd0kM37.jpg ....but seriously, non-expert is fun. ;-)

ArcaneTechs
Sep 16, 2018, 12:39 AM
For all the complaints about the enemies melting too quick, there are plenty of steps you can do to avoid that, or make it a bit more challenging/entertaining/whatever:

1) Don't drop in with a party of your OP teammates/friends (better yet, drop in solo)
2) Turn off expert matching

You'd be surprised how long stuff lasts when you do those two. :nono:

https://i.imgur.com/yd0kM37.jpg ....but seriously, non-expert is fun. ;-)

we're more annoyed with the drop rates than ez mob kills. you can solo the current UQ too with how easy everything dies

nyaaaaa
Sep 16, 2018, 01:24 AM
Oh, my comment was mostly just satire for some comedic relief.

we're more annoyed with the drop rates

I must be playing PSO2 wrong then; I thought this was always the case. :wacko:

Zephyrion
Sep 16, 2018, 02:58 AM
we're more annoyed with the drop rates than ez mob kills. you can solo the current UQ too with how easy everything dies

Sadly both issues are tied. It's not 100% confirmed but lv85 mobs have much better rates from what I and several people noticed back in Forest. It would mean that killing enemies faster doesn't give more drops,it just requires you to kill more enemies to get things.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 16, 2018, 12:58 PM
Sadly both issues are tied. It's not 100% confirmed but lv85 mobs have much better rates from what I and several people noticed back in Forest. It would mean that killing enemies faster doesn't give more drops,it just requires you to kill more enemies to get things.
Lv85 are suppose to have higher drop rates thats why Sega keeps insisting on hyping a mob/boss level when really this should have been the norm by now. thats what i mean too, we're killing way more mobs/bosses but still seeing a lack of drops

I must be playing PSO2 wrong then; I thought this was always the case. :wacko:
you know the drop rates are bad when I see an Ares NT drop over Slave NT's during a 6hr run :wacko:

Loveless62
Sep 17, 2018, 05:29 PM
It amused me today when I realized I had gotten more 14* eggs than 13* eggs from the UQ re-revivals so far.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 18, 2018, 08:16 PM
so how about that UQ this week? finally dropped it? or still farmin for them slave nt's??? it's been an off and on thing for me since Ama UQ burned me out bad

SteveCZ
Sep 18, 2018, 11:39 PM
1 ares wl I think.

I just haven't touched it since day 2 (only 2 hours run), so I'd say I was lucky enough for that. :lol:

Zephyrion
Sep 19, 2018, 01:38 AM
so how about that UQ this week? finally dropped it? or still farmin for them slave nt's??? it's been an off and on thing for me since Ama UQ burned me out bad

barely touched the thing, but DIAAAAS (around 7 of them) and a Slave takt, no Ares

Spellbinder
Sep 19, 2018, 10:39 PM

Including what I've held on to from the last renewal, 26 slaves and still no takt... At least I also got about 1500 yurlungur crystals?

Thank god they had the sense to add a trade-in for summoners.

LunaSolstice
Sep 25, 2018, 01:10 PM
I bought a 400% rdr boost yesterday for 6 hours and not even that was enough to give me excubes in this current "boosted" UQ lol I even used 100% triboosts too. I did find a 14 star Maron but thats about it but I already had one at level 100,funny thing is that I fed the 14 star maron egg to my Maron and it only gained one level lol I was expecting much more from that.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 25, 2018, 01:38 PM
Tomorrow starts the last 2 weeks of UQ boosts! hope you guys got enough Slave NTs and onwards toward the Nemesis NT grinds. gl again

I bought a 400% rdr boost yesterday for 6 hours and not even that was enough to give me excubes in this current "boosted" UQ lol I even used 100% triboosts too. I did find a 14 star Maron but thats about it but I already had one at level 100,funny thing is that I fed the 14 star maron egg to my Maron and it only gained one level lol I was expecting much more from that.
thats why i still stick to 250%s and TAs, etc no point in wasting real money on boosts and tri boosters

Dark Mits
Sep 25, 2018, 03:34 PM
thats why i still stick to 250%s and TAs, etc no point in wasting real money on boosts and tri boostersI'll echo this. Stick to +250% RDRs from excubes when farming fields for mob drops, and use Triboosts and such for major EQs or CFs.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 2, 2018, 08:13 PM
so is it just me or is Nab UQ literally the worst out of the 3 UQ's for drops? way less stones per hour and of course way less Nem drops (meanwhile Gixx/Dia trash/Eggs still as common as ever)

One last week for the final push on Nem drops then its time to drop the game for awhile for me.

wahahaha
Oct 2, 2018, 08:40 PM
so is it just me or is Nab UQ literally the worst out of the 3 UQ's for drops? way less stones per hour and of course way less Nem drops (meanwhile Gixx/Dia trash/Eggs still as common as ever)

One last week for the final push on Nem drops then its time to drop the game for awhile for me.

placebo, i got the most out of naberius during these boosts.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 9, 2018, 07:59 PM
SO, how'd the month and a half of UQ boost insanity go for you guys? I didnt farm Nab UQ enough with hitting burnout and I only nabbed like 3 Nem weps and not enough rocks because this UQ sucks when it comes to having bosses drop 1 single rock that isn't from Anga. No Ares Nt's and still plenty of Eggs to go around

placebo, i got the most out of naberius during these boosts.
not a placebo when several TMPA's I asked and was apart of were also severely lacking in the drop field whether it be weps or just Galel stones

Tyreek
Oct 9, 2018, 08:17 PM
I got a 14* parfait. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Loveless62
Oct 10, 2018, 09:40 AM
I found:

1 Ares-NT Sword
10 Marons
4 or 5 Melons
1 Melon S
4 Exquisite parfaits, all of them Reversal
A decent number of Slave-NTs
3 or 4 Nemesis-NTs
Lotsa Dias
Many Yurlungers
A decent number of Galerus

Farming for Homuras felt so much better than this (except for the overall month-or-so time limit). There I felt like the time I spent in there always made at least some progress towards my goals (i.e., Shien weapons). In comparison, farming in UQ, where my goal was Ares-NTs, felt pretty bad since there was simply no promise that I would ever find them regardless of how long I farmed. I wanted three Ares-NTs, but I only found one.