PDA

View Full Version : Expert block numbers?

BloodPuddles
Sep 8, 2018, 09:46 PM
So I finally just qualified for expert blocks and I have no idea which ones they are. I've spent the last couple hours scouring the internet trying to get an answer. Can someone help me out here?

ArcaneTechs
Sep 8, 2018, 09:52 PM
So I finally just qualified for expert blocks and I have no idea which ones they are. I've spent the last couple hours scouring the internet trying to get an answer. Can someone help me out here?
Blocks 10 and up, right now its kinda split because people are farming in the UQ blocks 30+, make sure you got the expert matching checked off before going into a quest

Velmoria
Sep 8, 2018, 09:52 PM
Activate Expert matching and start the quest with "Multi Block Matching".
just that, there is no block that dedicated to "experts".

BloodPuddles
Sep 8, 2018, 10:00 PM
Well that's kinda dissapointing, everything I've read on it made it seem like there were special blocks for people who met the requirements. I wouldn't have even bothered trying to do it if I knew that. I just wasted 40 excubes to grind the last levels on those garbage 2017 units.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 8, 2018, 10:11 PM
Well that's kinda dissapointing, everything I've read on it made it seem like there were special blocks for people who met the requirements. I wouldn't have even bothered trying to do it if I knew that. I just wasted 40 excubes to grind the last levels on those garbage 2017 units.
you can thank Sega for allowing a 4 person Extreme Quest clear to become a "expert" so easily. there is a noticeable difference though when you do and dont have expert matching on or off for EQ's.

if you really want to challenge yourself, do the solo XQ, most people give up on Deus and just cheese the 4 man run with team mates or friends

BloodPuddles
Sep 8, 2018, 10:25 PM
I tried the Dues one first and got one shotted within ten seconds of starting, then I switched and soloed the other one. I had no idea that was four man. Makes way more sense why that Gryphon did not want to die at the end.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 8, 2018, 10:30 PM
I tried the Dues one first and got one shotted within ten seconds of starting, then I switched and soloed the other one. I had no idea that was four man. Makes way more sense why that Gryphon did not want to die at the end.

youre doing the old Solo XQs, the XQs with Deus at the start are the new ones that are required to get the expert block title (well the 4man one is as a minimal). the old Solo xqs are a cakewalk. none of the new ones have Gryphon in it

your gear and tree builds are possibly why youre getting one shot

BloodPuddles
Sep 8, 2018, 10:37 PM
No I'm fairly tanky, it was just that big aoe that knocks you up, I took a second hit before I hit the ground. But thanks for letting me know that, I was a bit bummed that was what qualifies as expert. Time to get destroyed hopefully.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 8, 2018, 10:46 PM
No I'm fairly tanky, it was just that big aoe that knocks you up, I took a second hit before I hit the ground. But thanks for letting me know that, I was a bit bummed that was what qualifies as expert. Time to get destroyed hopefully.
kudos to you if you manage the solo version, its a pain but takes practice. if you just cant get it, run the 4person version with friends or team mates. gl

SteveCZ
Sep 8, 2018, 11:13 PM
*cough* or use hero and teleport to the ceiling with talis and play clicker game if that XQ tough for you *cough*

Velmoria
Sep 8, 2018, 11:22 PM
Beware of flying coconuts.

BloodPuddles
Sep 9, 2018, 01:05 AM
Well about a dozen eq passes later I still failed to do it, just got some souls and mutation 2 on my gear though. Gonna wait until next weeks tacos and get some good affixes on before I go at it again.

P.S. I have no friends, am a team of one, and refuse to let any game have a challenge I can't beat.

BloodPuddles
Sep 9, 2018, 01:07 AM
P.P.S I'll never touch hero. Screw that cookie cutter garbage. I forgot to refresh before that last post.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 9, 2018, 02:00 AM
what class are you playing? and FYI Hero isnt #1 class anymore but its top 5

BloodPuddles
Sep 9, 2018, 02:22 AM
I'm Te/Fi, that's crazy when I checked out Hero skill tree it was just tons of straight damage boosts. What is top DPS now?

SteveCZ
Sep 9, 2018, 02:25 AM
P.P.S I'll never touch hero. Screw that cookie cutter garbage. I forgot to refresh before that last post.

The point of Hero in this XQ is to stay up in the air and win its ease of use for now (such as its close to zero downtime, despite of its harsh hero boost penalty). As for its damage, it's been "nerfed" (some other classes being buffed to be on par/better).

ArcaneTechs
Sep 9, 2018, 02:33 AM
I'm Te/Fi, that's crazy when I checked out Hero skill tree it was just tons of straight damage boosts. What is top DPS now?

idk how well TE/FI does with Lavis but you'd probably have an easier time with TE/HU Lavis play instead.

i think meta right now is: GU>FO>SU>FI or HR> BR>the rest, i dont remember exactly and i've read different things about DPS lately

BloodPuddles
Sep 9, 2018, 02:54 AM
Everyone tells me do Te/Hu, but that completely defeats the purpose of playing an RPG. It's about building a character and getting loot. Using someone else's build is the equivalent of camping. It's more efficient, but ruins the experience and doesn't count as you accomplishing something.

Velmoria
Sep 9, 2018, 03:04 AM
Tried Te/Fi myself with Lavis, it does boost both strike & tech explosion damage with wave slash at 3rd normal attack combo.
Aside having nice Adrenaline skill for uncharged self-buff.
After surviving "big tornado explosion" from Flame Demon with around 40% HP left, I can say Te/Fi is not fragile class thanks to Deband tree.

But yea, Te/Hu still more reliable in more difficult situation.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 9, 2018, 03:31 AM
Everyone tells me do Te/Hu, but that completely defeats the purpose of playing an RPG. It's about building a character and getting loot. Using someone else's build is the equivalent of camping. It's more efficient, but ruins the experience and doesn't count as you accomplishing something.

as much as i agree with you said, some class combos work better than others but at the same time im not in charge of game mechanics that made the game the way it is today. im not saying its impossible to do as TE/FI either but im sure you can manage it.

BloodPuddles
Sep 9, 2018, 03:32 AM
But most importantly "Dedicated Assassadin user." Te/Hu would just be a regular paladin. I could be hitting for 1 damage and die at the sight of a rappy, but I would still play Te/Fi. I did plan on giving Hu a try as main at some point though, I would love to use a Partisan.

milranduil
Sep 9, 2018, 04:34 AM

it's funny you mention this because it shows you don't actually know anything about what the skill tree says. it only has 3 damage boosts on it. the rest are utility, hero gear gauge related, minute attack/def increases, etc.

you can call good classes "cookie cutter" all you want, but at the end of the day this isn't like other RPGs. you don't have a split of healers/tanks/DPS. pso2 has never been like that due to a combination of how aggro works, how classes do damage, and the various types of invulnerability that all classes have access to. there is only 1 support class being te main with whatever sub is convenient (te/fo, te/hu, te/ra) for the content, and everyone is else is a varying damage type whether it be (r-atk) gu/fi, (s-atk) fi/hu, (s-atk) br/hu, (s-atk) fo/te, etc. as much as you might want like bo/fo or something to work, it just sucks no matter what you do with it because the classes aren't compatible. some hybrids can work in certain contexts like say te/fi or fi/bo, but in a lot of content trying to play those classes universally just does noticeably less damage with higher/extreme risk.

my advice to you would be to pick a weapon type(s) you enjoy and then pick the appropriate class/classes from there.

Kondibon
Sep 9, 2018, 09:06 AM

While I'll be the first to encourage people to try things for themselves, and can understand why people wouldn't want to play something blatantly overpowered. There's absolutely nothing wrong with using the information from people who came before you. Being contrarian for the sake of it is just as bad as mindlessly using whatever people tell you to.

BloodPuddles
Sep 9, 2018, 11:02 AM
it's funny you mention this because it shows you don't actually know anything about what the skill tree says. it only has 3 damage boosts on it. the rest are utility, hero gear gauge related, minute attack/def increases, etc.

you can call good classes "cookie cutter" all you want, but at the end of the day this isn't like other RPGs. you don't have a split of healers/tanks/DPS. pso2 has never been like that due to a combination of how aggro works, how classes do damage, and the various types of invulnerability that all classes have access to. there is only 1 support class being te main with whatever sub is convenient (te/fo, te/hu, te/ra) for the content, and everyone is else is a varying damage type whether it be (r-atk) gu/fi, (s-atk) fi/hu, (s-atk) br/hu, (s-atk) fo/te, etc. as much as you might want like bo/fo or something to work, it just sucks no matter what you do with it because the classes aren't compatible. some hybrids can work in certain contexts like say te/fi or fi/bo, but in a lot of content trying to play those classes universally just does noticeably less damage with higher/extreme risk.

my advice to you would be to pick a weapon type(s) you enjoy and then pick the appropriate class/classes from there.

Hero gets 60/50/50 multiplicative boosts, then another ten percent after evading with step, then another 1000 all attack boost from gear, then a tiny 50 all boost. That's more than most classes, put a stance on with that not even counting other sub damage boosts and It's cheese city. Then with how large its main damage boosts are you have tons of sp left to put into its tanky skills. I'm aware this isn't a normal RPG, but almost all games have become get your DPS as high as possible. So still Hero is a cookie cutter, solely for noobs and stupid people.

Kondibon
Sep 9, 2018, 11:34 AM
Hero gets 60/50/50 multiplicative boosts, then another ten percent after evading with step, then another 1000 all attack boost from gear, then a tiny 50 all boost. That's more than most classes, put a stance on with that not even counting other sub damage boosts and It's cheese city. Then with how large its main damage boosts are you have tons of sp left to put into its tanky skills. I'm aware this isn't a normal RPG, but almost all games have become get your DPS as high as possible. So still Hero is a cookie cutter, solely for noobs and stupid people.Hero can't have a subclass.

BloodPuddles
Sep 9, 2018, 11:54 AM
Well that's good to know. I hate hero slightly less, but still pretty much equally, that tree without a sub is just crazy simple. I always thought it was just that you couldn't sub Hero, didn't think it went both ways.

Kondibon
Sep 9, 2018, 12:03 PM
If you were talking about level 85 Gu or something then I'd agree with your sentiment, but most of the classes are fairly well balanced. That doesn't mean every build is going to be good for every type of content though, and knowing what works for you in what kind of content is important. I can understand not wanting to cheese everything, but there's a difference between avoiding something that's overpowered, and intentionally underpowering yourself for no reason other than your pride. Hr isn't anywhere near as face roll as you seem to think.

BloodPuddles
Sep 9, 2018, 12:10 PM
Ironically this is the only game I don't underpower myself in for the sake of my pride. My Te/Fi is fairly strong I hit for 20-30k just striking damage. I'm going to continue making sure I'm as weak as doably possible in every other game though. Makes it take longer, and makes me feel awesome about doing stuff.

Edit: Correction, I only underpower myself in games where playing through is meant to be a challenge. I'd never do it in any other MMO or Diablo.

DavidAG
Sep 9, 2018, 12:19 PM
Whats the problem with hero and people these days, that class is not the hardest hitting class there is and its main multiplier is very punishing in today's content.
You have to actually be very good at knowing enemies' attacks and dodging to compete with the other strong classes, and still, any random attack from behind or even those stupid infection cores can reset your hero boost, lowering your damage by a lot.

Kondibon
Sep 9, 2018, 12:29 PM
Ironically this is the only game I don't underpower myself in for the sake of my pride. My Te/Fi is fairly strong I hit for 20-30k just striking damage. I'm going to continue making sure I'm as weak as doably possible in every other game though. Makes it take longer, and makes me feel awesome about doing stuff.

Edit: Correction, I only underpower myself in games where playing through is meant to be a challenge. I'd never do it in any other MMO or Diablo.I guess it doesn't matter if you play Te/Fi over Te/Hu as long as you aren't complaining while insisting on doing it.

BloodPuddles
Sep 9, 2018, 12:54 PM
The only time I complain is when people try to insist I play a game differently, I love getting tips that's always great. Way too many time though I've had a random person join my party to basically start ranting about how I'm doing everything wrong. This isn't about the Hero though, that was unnecessary complaining. I just really hate how simple most RPGs are getting, and Hero is a prime example of that. Nioh is the only game I've played in years that's actually added on to how a character is built. Most other games now you're just grinding out random stuff to complete a build not create it.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 9, 2018, 02:28 PM
there are optimal DPS strats for TE/FI+HUs but whether you want to follow that exactly or just incorporate some of it into your gameplay is up to you. as for Hero, well Sega sorta dun goofed which is why we're having all these rebalances (also other reasons too like QoL)

milranduil
Sep 9, 2018, 03:45 PM
isn't it kind of ironic that you're calling hero simple but are playing wand te/fi, a single weapon normal attack spamming class?

SteveCZ
Sep 9, 2018, 04:52 PM
A person who judge Hero that barely use Hero just because it's Hero and call its users noob. Well good luck on unlocking your expert block on the new XQ. You are probably too expert anyway to even know how to do the easiest air trick ever (which I kinda doubt). As Velmoria warned, the coconuts on the first stage will probably kill you first anyway if you ever try that (which I again doubt you will try). =)

MyNameIsHawk
Sep 9, 2018, 06:55 PM
The only time I complain is when people try to insist I play a game differently, I love getting tips that's always great. Way too many time though I've had a random person join my party to basically start ranting about how I'm doing everything wrong. This isn't about the Hero though, that was unnecessary complaining. I just really hate how simple most RPGs are getting, and Hero is a prime example of that. Nioh is the only game I've played in years that's actually added on to how a character is built. Most other games now you're just grinding out random stuff to complete a build not create it.

i guess the difference is compare the pso2 formula whit the rest of the other RPG

the game let you decide what is your main class and freely choose any subclass, you have a array of class combinations, but as any game whit this mechanic, there a grade of compactibility of the combinations

for example you can play HU/FO-TE, at simple glance you wield a big sword/partisan/wired lance and combo up whit techniques to fight. But the incompatibility of the trees make it fall appart of other combinations, you see, HU have no % damage up toward casting techs, and FO-TE doesnīt have damage power up toward striking/ranged attacks.

now, a HU/BO could be more viable due element stance, but lock you up to have a element weapon match the enemy weakness, also doensīt have a noticeable % damage up toward techs

a HU/SU have more compatibility due the tree can raise S-atk value, have universal %damage up for attacks and have a skill that "tag" a enemy raising any damage he get, but is more oriented toward bossing rather that mobing, againg casting techs have little power and all the combinations speaked are limited to the "support" abilities, that doensīt scale whit T-power (shifta, deband, zanverse, megiverse, zandion)

this is why the combination predominant is HU/FI, as raise striking power, can give S-atk tree and when switched to raise the subclass. FI/HU have a high grade of compactibility

when the class combination donīt have a synergy, tends to fall appart the class, the supposed perk the classes give canīt catch on the perfomance on the long run.

now about the direction of the pso2 as a game, instead of the typical formula of having each class to limit a role in the game "guardian, healer, mage, fighter", pso2 go for all classes be a offensive class whit different battle style. Even TE, the supposed class of support buff party slave can whistand on is own on fight instead relying on others in battle, Whit this in mind, when people see a strange combination of classes the first trought is a mistake by the player because the things i commented before.

Velmoria
Sep 9, 2018, 07:12 PM
it's fun to carry a big sword while flying around with Safoie-0 and chase those big birds.

BloodPuddles
Sep 9, 2018, 07:54 PM
Wow it seems most of the English player base is only on it because of how Japanese it is. Hero is by far the simplest class, it's a fact. I don't care if it's more fun, or if it has cool tricks. You get one skill tree that is blatantly spelled out for you and would be useless if you tried to do any different variation, aside from going pure tank which is technically also useless. I don't need a bunch of assholes who apparently know nothing of the game other than how to attack coming here to shit on me because I don't like a class. If you've got some actual info against my points feel free to send it at me, if you're just going to insult me feel free to eat a dick.

Edit: hopefully the people this isn't to don't take offense.

Velmoria
Sep 9, 2018, 08:12 PM
Don't worry, my main class is Ra/Hu and I pretty much never touch H-ero class after class rebalance from last year (I think).
Did played H-ero class again few days ago for 2 quests.
Also, Hu/Su is fun class.

MyNameIsHawk
Sep 9, 2018, 08:14 PM
Wow it seems most of the English player base is only on it because of how Japanese it is.

1.- Can you paraphrase (<- google translation) it? i don't understand that statement

. I don't need a bunch of assholes who apparently know nothing of the game other than how to attack coming here to shit on me because I don't like a class.

personally, i think most of the game is how to attack, take in consideration the nature of the game, where are the weak spot, knowing hitting on the head is always a x2 multiplier for ranged attacks and less for any other type of attacks, a WB tag is considered a weak spot, thus triggering weak hit advance (ra skill tree) and weak stance (br skill tree). the second part i agree whit you.

There was a time when subclassing was more flexible, like X/GU for burst damage thanks to chain trigger, but now chain is main only so killed any GU combination. As for GU killed RA subclassing due the stance TMG ring

Don't worry, my main class is Ra/Hu and I pretty much never touch H-ero class after class rebalance from last year (I think).
Did played H-ero class again few days ago for 2 quests.

im always glad to see a main RA, im RA/BR at this moment, lazy raising HU as sub to reemplace BR. trought im gonna miss those nuking normal attacks whit launchers

ArcaneTechs
Sep 9, 2018, 08:29 PM
Wow it seems most of the English player base is only on it because of how Japanese it is
i dont get why people say this, they may as well say this about anything made by a Japanese Developer

Hero is by far the simplest class, it's a fact. I don't care if it's more fun, or if it has cool tricks. You get one skill tree that is blatantly spelled out for you and would be useless if you tried to do any different variation, aside from going pure tank which is technically also useless.
if its so easy do solo XQ with it :wacko: most people cant even clear solo XQ much less getting the Endless Quest titles

I don't need a bunch of assholes who apparently know nothing of the game other than how to attack coming here to shit on me because I don't like a class. If you've got some actual info against my points feel free to send it at me, if you're just going to insult me feel free to eat a dick.
i dont get where this hostility is coming from when i think people gave some fair points. i guess:

HR: Higher DPS + Use of Techs
TE/FI: Lower DPS/easily outperformed + Use of Techs + TE buffs + Gimmicky

I dont feel like getting into it but the obvious is there. you dont like HR dont play it but at the same time dont complain about not clearing certain content because of your class composition.

meh

always a Meme class that should die off

Jene-chan
Sep 9, 2018, 08:34 PM
it's fine to dislike a class for arbitrary reasons (i don't really like hero either) but it's not the simplest class. the skill tree may be extremely straightforward, but the actual technical skill needed to play the class effectively is moderately high (as it is with most classes).

hero did raise the bar for what the baseline for classes in pso2 should be which is why i think you have a chip on your shoulder about it because you think it's this jesus class that can do everything but in reality it still requires knowledge/skill to play (also like any other class).

honestly, if you're pissed about hero tree, why doesn't gunner bother you? gunner literally only has one true path on their skill tree and it currently the highest ranked class.

Velmoria
Sep 9, 2018, 08:46 PM
H-ero class complexity scaled based on how many weapon types being used & how often changing between them, which requires quite lot of practice if going use 3 of them all time. The usage of tech for utility also added into the scale.
Often I lose focus doing that since I kinda wavering what next action I will take, considering I don't use H-ero class that much.

BloodPuddles
Sep 9, 2018, 08:53 PM
I dislike gunner just as much but that was never brought up, and Kril I disagree with saying my class is simple as a rebuttle, or saying I'm too expert for Hero they doubt I can even play it or will ever try that XQ again are good points. Most importantly almost all of you are missing my entire point, RPGs are about building characters not slashing and shooting things while you try to avoid stuff. This whole thing started with me bringing up my hatred towards Hero because it's an extremely easy class to work with, you just pick the damage and weapon skills get some fairly strong gear and you can wreck. This never had anything to do with the skill required, or cool moves it can do. Why is this so hard to understand.

Jene-chan
Sep 9, 2018, 08:56 PM
This whole thing started with me bringing up my hatred towards Hero because it's an extremely easy class to work with, you just pick the damage and weapon skills get some fairly strong gear and you can wreck.

that's literally every class in the game right now. i don't know why you think hero is so different

BloodPuddles
Sep 9, 2018, 08:58 PM
that's every class in the game right now. i don't know why you think hero is so different

Hero only gets one skill tree with no variation in how it's used. Almost all the other classes have multiple different paths, and you use a second one. Most likely with multiple different paths.

Velmoria
Sep 9, 2018, 09:03 PM
Not sure which part of RPG need to be understand.
I just wanna shoot stuffs with guns with manual aim, and it's the first time of Phanstasy Star series implement jump (lol my reason from EP1).
Hence the reason I'm main Ranger till now.

Jene-chan
Sep 9, 2018, 09:05 PM
Hero only gets one skill tree with no variation in how it's used. Almost all the other classes have multiple different paths, and you use a second one. Most likely with multiple different paths.

there is an illusion of choice but in reality, there are really only 1-2 accepted skill load outs for each class.

classes still have tons of useless garbage skills on their trees and if you wanna make an argument for those, be my guest.

the class combo that probably has the most "variety" is fote but it's usually limited to element swapping on trees and potentially having a full PF investment tree

BloodPuddles
Sep 9, 2018, 09:25 PM
It's fine if you prefer the gameplay parts of the game, like I know a lot of people who literally hate RPGs but love Souls. And I don't care how viable endgame other class options are, just that they're there. Why is this still a thing? I made one douchey comment expecting it to just end at that, then everyone comes in like "Hey I don't agree with this new guys opinion, I'm gonna try to make him feel stupid."

SteveCZ
Sep 9, 2018, 09:33 PM
Wow it seems most of the English player base is only on it because of how Japanese it is. Hero is by far the simplest class, it's a fact. I don't care if it's more fun, or if it has cool tricks. You get one skill tree that is blatantly spelled out for you and would be useless if you tried to do any different variation, aside from going pure tank which is technically also useless. I don't need a bunch of assholes who apparently know nothing of the game other than how to attack coming here to shit on me because I don't like a class. If you've got some actual info against my points feel free to send it at me, if you're just going to insult me feel free to eat a dick.

You're the asshole yourself calling the other users who use Hero a noob and stupid people. There was nothing wrong until you said that. The fact that you talk so outdated like you don't follow the balances that are happening from time to time thinking of Hero a cookie cutter which is so last year makes you the noob yourself.

At least some people I know here who also hate Hero as much as you do knows how far Hero has been deprecated down to only its flexibility with the same risk of being the lowest damage dealer in the map, unlike you who are being a dick who happen to probably not know what's going on since Hero got released and other classes other than your Te/Fi which sadly can't do much right now either no matter how much you and I want it to happen.

You want to force your paradigm of "RPG" won't even work here, the trinity doesn't even apply in here, as mil said. This game is pretty much different than you think, while it is more common to action than its traditional RPG features attached such as the character progressive system. If what you care is all about tree, it isn't, though of course it is important. Most RPGs put their PAs or Technics(magic whatever) on their tree, this game don't. In this game? Glass cannon is pretty much non existent anymore since buffed PD came in 2 years ago. And the last rebalances after cookie cutter Hero? Not really much on the tree but on the PAs, atk speed, hitstops, anything about hit and dodge.

Jene-chan
Sep 9, 2018, 09:42 PM
we're not trying to dunk on you. we're trying to correct misconceptions you have about this game.

BloodPuddles
Sep 9, 2018, 09:43 PM
You're the asshole yourself calling the other users who use Hero a noob and stupid people. There was nothing wrong until you said that. The fact that you talk so outdated like you don't follow the balances that are happening from time to time thinking of Hero a cookie cutter which is so last year makes you the noob yourself.

At least some people I know here who also hate Hero as much as you do knows how far Hero has been deprecated down to only its flexibility with the same risk of being the lowest damage dealer in the map, unlike you who are being a dick who happen to probably not know what's going on since Hero got released and other classes other than your Te/Fi which sadly can't do much right now either no matter how much you and I want it to happen.

You want to force your paradigm of "RPG" won't even work here, the trinity doesn't even apply in here, as mil said. This game is pretty much different than you think, while it is more common to action than its traditional RPG features attached such as the character progressive system. If what you care is all about tree, it isn't, though of course it is important. Most RPGs put their PAs or Technics(magic whatever) on their tree, this game don't. In this game? Glass cannon is pretty much non existent anymore since buffed PD came in 2 years ago. And the last rebalances after cookie cutter Hero? Not really much on the tree but on the PAs, atk speed, hitstops, anything about hit and dodge.

I already acknowledged I was being an asshole, and I'm not up to date on all the balance changes, I play fairly infrequently. I usually only get on this game once a week tops because I have nobody to play with, my entire reasoning for getting on this forum in the first place. But I make that one comment and everyone here is on my ass about it like I personally insulted them right to their face. Even the guy who said he doesn't care for hero keeps making points trying to make me feel like an idiot.

Edit: I'm sure you're not directly trying trying to hurt me, but the "expert" guy and the one who brought up Te/Fi simplicity clearly were.

Edit:Edit: Edits to Jene.

milranduil
Sep 9, 2018, 09:52 PM
Te/Fi simplicity

what makes te/fi not simplistic? how is it at all complicated?

for the record, i have not mained hero for months now. i've dedicated to br and fo, hr is a side class for me at best, so if you think everyone in this thread is hero bandwagoners, you're terribly misinformed.

BloodPuddles
Sep 9, 2018, 09:57 PM
what makes te/fi not simplistic? how is it at all complicated?

for the record, i have not mained hero for months now. i've dedicated to br and fo, hr is a side class for me at best, so if you think everyone in this thread is hero bandwagoners, you're terribly misinformed.

Again, I wasn't ever talking about the gameplay. I didn't think everyone was Hero bandwagoners, that's why I thought that one comment wasn't going to have an impact. I was clearly wrong about the second part.

milranduil
Sep 9, 2018, 10:01 PM
Again, I wasn't ever talking about the gameplay. I didn't think everyone was Hero bandwagoners, that's why I thought that one comment wasn't going to have an impact. I was clearly wrong about the second part.

then i don't even understand what simplicity is supposed to mean in this context.

GHNeko
Sep 9, 2018, 10:28 PM
what point are you even trying to make bloodpuddles lol

BloodPuddles
Sep 9, 2018, 10:46 PM
what point are you even trying to make bloodpuddles lol

I wasn't trying to make any point other than I don't like hero, then it turned into all that.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 10, 2018, 02:30 AM
we're not trying to dunk on you. we're trying to correct misconceptions you have about this game.
a thousand times this ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I wasn't trying to make any point other than I don't like hero, then it turned into all that.
if my post came off uhh i guess "hostile" it wasnt, i just didnt understand where the anger came from all of sudden. I mean my least favorite classes are HU, TE, BO but i dont hate people for playing them and I dont hate the classes themselves, theyre just not my thing and preferred playstyles but I still try them out here and there (still hoping Sega helps BO out for godsake).

i dont think a lot of us here are like angry at you, maybe 1 or 2 but lets be real, we're being civil about this right now and not taking jabs at each other besides the 1-2 ppl here

Dark Mits
Sep 10, 2018, 04:15 AM
Most importantly almost all of you are missing my entire point, RPGs are about building characters not slashing and shooting things while you try to avoid stuff.PSO2 is MMOARPG, not MMORPG. That A in the middle stands for Action. PSO2 has more in common with a game like Dark Souls or Final Fantasy XV than it does with World of Warcraft or Everquest. The main differences between MMOARPG and traditional MMORPGs are:

- No need for established roles or quotas for forming parties (ie. there is no need to have at least X people role A, Y people or role B etc.).
- Attacks are avoided not by stacking a relevant stat, but by literally moving out of the area where the enemy will hit. This means that nearly 100% of enemy attacks are avoidable.
- Action games are significantly more dependant on player reflexes and quick reactions, unlike traditional MMORPGs where player is given time to react and has to select the most effective (counter)action.
- Resources are plentiful or easily replenished in MMOARPGs, whereas management of them in MMORPGs is usually required in order to not run out during a quest.