PDA

View Full Version : Perpetual Madness Presentation and Discussion thread

Zephyrion
Sep 26, 2018, 06:07 AM
Emergencey Buster Quest comes back with the same basic ideas, but with a lot of new tricks !

The basics

Not reinventing the wheel here
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?237326-Buster-Quest-Discussion-quot-We-Need-A-New-Gameplay-Mode-quot-SEGA-Said&highlight=Buster+Quest

Do note that some sets were modified due to the addition of the mana extractor (more on that later)

What's New

Map

[SPOILER-BOX]Towers this time around are in a square formation. A big slope separated at the center by a river (that can actually drag you all the way back to towers) leads to the castle. Outer walls on the left and right are accessible through flights of stairs. All defensive tools face towards the outer walls nearest to the tower, meaning that any attack from the slope won't be slowed/attacked by Buster tower armament. The map is strewn with dash panels in order to help you navigate through the map without expanding PP for dashing PAs
Most of the mana crystals are located at the edge of the outer walls, so if you need to get an extra buster pile or whatever, go there.

[/SPOILER-BOX]Castle functions

New Buster Quest means new Castle, and Buster Valace doesn't disappoint. It has several new tricks up its sleeves.

[SPOILER-BOX]- Enemy Buster piles. Works exactly like Buster pile, as it slowly creeps towards towers and deal massive damage if it comes in contact with them. Destroy those asap

- Devil Sky Gun.Omega version of corrupted aircrafts. Common to Ghastle and Buster Valace. While the damage they inflict to towers is relatively low, they can be a huge annoyance for the player, as they rain missiles in short intervals,on top of launching homing projectiles to nearby players. Unless tower is under heavy attack, deal with those before taking care of spawns to avoid getting nabbed

-Laser drones.Buster Valace can summon annoying little flies that track you and bite your ankles with lasers. They die in a swing and the laster can be dodged quite easily but they will constantly track you and won't let go until you deal with them

-Attack Phase. Buster Valace, during this phase can do special things : delayed swings, grab attacks, as well as mixing patterns together. nothing too bad on its own but if you don't deal with the mobs first, it can potentially be deadly. The grab most notably does quite a lot of damage, on top of launching you right back where mobs spawn.

-Final Defense Phase Buster Valace summons giant Buster piles all around the on the slope and outer walls. same deal as the small ones, I expect massive damage if any coms into contact with any of the Tower so kill them all asap
[/SPOILER-BOX]
Tower functions

[SPOILER-BOX]Defense Set has the mana extractor added to it. It's used exactly like Photon punishers, except you don't need to charge them for as long. Using them on Towers will recover some HP, while using it on damaged installations will repair them.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Enemies

[SPOILER-BOX]-Omega Dourumble
beefed up Double Hunar, while its first phase seem to be pretty harmless to towers, some of it's second phase patterns can utterly ruin them if left unchecked. Same deal as Omega Hunar, kite them away from towers before dealing with them.

-Bomber Vareda : Works exactly like Dahgash Bombers. don't let them get anywhere close to towers and kill them before they self-destruct on them.

-It's mining base all over again !. With the addition of all Darker types. You get to remember how dangerous some of them are to towers. Decol Malluda still can completely wreck a Tower if left unchecked, Goldrahdas are also very threatening if you don't dispatch them quickly before a wave ends. Bonta Bearaddas can also be pretty ruthless too if left unchecked. Damoths are also a part of this and we all know what happens when you forget about them.

-Breehadas are shitters Quite literally. If they come any close to a Tower or a cannon, they will start "defecating" on it and inflict quite a bit of damage to them. Aside from that they are still relatively harmless

- New self-destructive menaces Codotta Idetta and the new Double clone are part of the new enemies that will suicide bomber on tower at the end of a wave. Double clone only appears in special reinforcement way in Final Defense. Note that at the end of said wave, Four clones (one per tower) will be summoned. They can one-shot a tower by self destructing, so don't be stupid like me and rush towards final Attack phase without dealing with them

-semi-random spawns. Unlike previous BQs, this one, on top of being very chaotic, now adds more random elements. While the Omega mobs seem to be mostly fixed spawns, they are accompanied by Darkers whose type and spawn location will randomly vary throughout the quest. Bomber Varedas will spawn in places where you used to have Bomber Dahgashes and Ga Wondas, and Decol can spawn instead of Wolgahda, meaning that some of the more harmless spawn can potentially become more deadly.
[/SPOILER-BOX]
Accident and Double Accident

[SPOILER-BOX] In this EBQ, Accidents are a lot more common. Additionally, some of them can also happen during Buster Phase.

Accident :
-Separating wall : Defense phase only. This one is old. this time around it cleaves the map vertically, right at the middle.

-Castle Buff : Defense only. Summons more installations to screw with towers.

-Bombardment : Defense and Buster phase Buster Valace accident. periodically fires a blanket of missiles at players.

-Fog. Buster/Defense phase.Covers the whole area with a thick fog. It clears up and becomes thicker at set intervals, so it goes from normal visibility to literally not seeing what's right in front of you. Make sure to abuse the map to keep track of enemy threats.

-Map jamming.. Defense/Buster phase Oh boi is this one evil. Self-explanatory, no map for you ! Half-joking since the map comes back for a few seconds every 10 seconds or so before being jammed again. You'll have to quickly identify what needs protecting during these short intervals, and act accordingly. Keep in mind that while full scale map is disabled, radar doesn't seem to be from what I've heard (need to properly check that) so you can use that to help you

-Reinforcement : Defense + Buster phase only. Moar enemies !

-Special reinforcement. Final Defense Phase only. Special enemy wave in which all Hunars Omega version take turn on having fun with Towers with bigger and more varied enemy spawns on top. This Accident is also the only place that features Double clones (more on that in enemy section)

Double Accident :
Final Phase will always get an Accident effect, with a set chance of getting an extra Accident on top of it, in which case it becomes a "Double Accident". Good luck if you get map jam +reinforcement or the "f*** I can't see shit" map jam + fog. Castle buff accident can be further enhanced with direct attacks from Castle as a Double Accident[/SPOILER-BOX]

New Drops

[SPOILER-BOX]Double DB weapons obviously, but what's more interesting are the new units. so far they seem to add 85 ATK and 17PP (need to confirm that). The type of attack it gives will depend on the unit you got. Here is the catch though, those units not only have 0HP tied to them, their resist and defensive stats are tied to the attack type they boost (Wing Darker unit gives T-ATK so naturally boasts 4% T-Resist and very high base T-DEF, but mediocre 1/2% S/R-resist and low S and R-DEF)

Boots and Daggers of Fibril are the two new *14 from this EQ 7% unconditional damage and creates a delayed wave that inflicts damage in a wide AoE after some delay[/SPOILER-BOX]

I'll start updating the thread as I get more familiar with the EQ. This is obviously WIP so do not hesitate to chime in if anything is missing or incorrect ! You can also share your thoughts, opinions, advice and probably rage there !

XrosBlader821
Sep 26, 2018, 07:50 AM
Sounds like the new Falz Units aren't that great for Hybrid builds and are probably meant for single stat classes
85/0/0, 0/0/85 and 40/40/40 are just 10 ATK higher than a Bode/Phobos set. If I wanted just S-ATK then 85/0/0, 40/40/40 and 40/40/40 would give a nice 165 S-ATK and the low HP/defenses probably could be fixed by using one Phobos unit instead of one Weila unit (that or the new Rappy Rear lel).

Phobos seems to drop in EBQ2 too:
https://i.imgur.com/5qc7Rhu.png

final_attack
Sep 26, 2018, 08:06 AM
Wasn't that new Rappy Rear ....... 0 stat (as in 0 Def, 0 Res, 0 Atk, 0 Dex)?
Unknown HP tho.

I already closed PSO2, so, can't check again atm (need to power up aws), and I'm currently having problem with internet connection.
Someone mind checking it out? :o

wefwq
Sep 26, 2018, 08:10 AM
0 HP / 17 PP, yeah.
https://i.imgur.com/Z42lZ2K.png

Wasn't that new Rappy Rear ....... 0 stat (as in 0 Def, 0 Res, 0 Atk, 0 Dex)?
Unknown HP tho.

I already closed PSO2, so, can't check again atm (need to power up aws), and I'm currently having problem with internet connection.
Someone mind checking it out? :o
Uh i went to check this new rappy unit and yeah, it seems that this unit doesn't give anything besides being all pretty with shiny feather.
https://i.imgur.com/krReYb2.png
*) All resist value & DEX above come from unit affix.

Moffen
Sep 26, 2018, 08:20 AM
It gives you 777HP

XrosBlader821
Sep 26, 2018, 08:33 AM
Yeah That Rappy Rear just begs to be used for new max HP record breaks.

final_attack
Sep 26, 2018, 08:54 AM
Uh i went to check this new rappy unit and yeah, it seems that this unit doesn't give anything besides being all pretty with shiny feather.

Thanks for checking it out (´ヮ`)

echofaith
Sep 26, 2018, 09:25 AM
Great, now those deer will have more reasons to keep spamming their HP. Though I cant deny I am tempted to use this for my tanky build. I think that extra HP may be better in the long run, but testing is needed :s

the_importer_
Sep 26, 2018, 09:35 AM
If I wasn't trying to get a shit ton of Crests, I wouldn't bother with those, but since there's a change that an OT Austere exchange requires them, guess I have no choice :(

XrosBlader821
Sep 26, 2018, 09:40 AM
If I wasn't trying to get a shit ton of Crests, I wouldn't bother with those, but since there's a change that an OT Austere exchange requires them, guess I have no choice :(

Neither EBQ nor EBQ2 drop any Crests. And I honestly doubt Buster medals will be required too. Whatever is needed will come with the True Dark Falz EQ.

the_importer_
Sep 26, 2018, 10:08 AM
Neither EBQ nor EBQ2 drop any Crests. And I honestly doubt Buster medals will be required too. Whatever is needed will come with the True Dark Falz EQ.

I'm talking about the weekly King’s Crest Campaign. This week, doing this quest 3 times will get you 20 Crests.

XrosBlader821
Sep 26, 2018, 10:21 AM
I'm talking about the weekly King’s Crest Campaign. This week, doing this quest 3 times will get you 20 Crests.

oh forgot about those ^^;

Gaylar
Sep 26, 2018, 12:55 PM
It gives you 777HP

what the fuck
this is a meme unit right?
why am i seriously considering what that thing would be like pumped full of attack/pp affixes
that 0 def/resist is a major detriment.. right?

XrosBlader821
Sep 26, 2018, 01:10 PM
I dunno if 1 DEF = 1 HP but it's probably less of a trade off with Deband Toughness boosting these 777 HP into 971 HP.
Do DEF stats work the same as Weapon ATK stats as in they're ignored when using Shifta/Deband?

final_attack
Sep 26, 2018, 01:26 PM
what the fuck
this is a meme unit right?
why am i seriously considering what that thing would be like pumped full of attack/pp affixes
that 0 def/resist is a major detriment.. right?

Well, if it's 777 HP ...... normally, people have around / close to 1700 Def unbuffed and around 300 Def from each piece of unit, right?

It will make you tankier, imo .... and kinda depends on your current HP (more useful for people with less HP)
And, if you combine this unit with 2 Izane / Phobos ....... o____o

Also, do remember if you're using S4 life steal from AtraGunslash .... more HP = more hits to recover.
So, depends on classes / weapon equipped too, I guess.

Sonickyle27
Sep 26, 2018, 03:50 PM
I'm fairly sure the amount of HP the Guts drink gives you is also based on your maximum HP which includes units, so you could easily go past 2k HP, perhaps even 3k?

Reilet
Sep 26, 2018, 11:24 PM
5 DEF = 1 flat damage reduction

For a fair comparison i’ll look at the other defensive unit Izane

The comparison is 777 hp vs ~350 defense, 150 hp, 4% DR

You can look at defense in two ways
1. Flat damage reduction (350 defense would be 70 damage reduced)
2. A variable DR based on enemy attack. (Almost all XH mobs sit at 4000 ~ 6000 atk, so this would make 350 defense roughly 5% ~ 8% DR)

Looking at it in the first one. Say you take 300 dmg and have 1200 hp (we’ll use the 300 as izane after the defense has been applied)
• with izane you take 288 dmg. At 1350 hp you can take 4 hits before you die. (1350/288 = 4.68 )
• with rappy you take 370 dmg. At 1977 hp you can take 5 hits before you die. (1977/370 = 5.34)

Say you take 600 instead and have 1800 hp
• izane: 576 dmg @ 1950 hp = 3.38 hits
• rappy: 670 dmg @ 2577 hp = 3.84 hits

That’s not all.

If we add any DR from other sources, say like deband cut 15%
• izane: 490 dmg @ 1950 hp = 3.97 hits
• rappy: 570 dmg @ 2577 hp = 4.52 hits

• izane: 245 dmg @ 1350 hp = 5.51 hits
• rappy: 296 dmg @ 1977 hp = 6.67 hits

The difference increases as you have more DR, and hp buffs are based in max hp so rappy gets more out of that too. The raw defense boost from deband only applies to your base so that’s the same for both.

Of course, if you want to compare it to more offensive units, then you have to take into consideration atk and pp and how much of a value they are for you.

AVO
Sep 27, 2018, 12:32 AM
This eq drops the new medals and all the materials exactly how bq should have been in the first place.

Moffen
Sep 28, 2018, 05:30 PM
On the off chance Xierra is retarded and makes you skip a phase into another buster phase, please let 1 (one,only one) pile die so you can get your phase back.
If you're in a strong organised run you can bleed phases out for longer and get way more exp by keeping the pile amount minimal.

milranduil
Sep 28, 2018, 05:49 PM
On the off chance Xierra is retarded and makes you skip a phase into another buster phase, please let 1 (one,only one) pile die so you can get your phase back.
If you're in a strong organised run you can bleed phases out for longer and get way more exp by keeping the pile amount minimal.

the only reason to do this is exp, no other reason. no falz bosses, no good loot. pug will never do this.

Loveless62
Sep 29, 2018, 04:08 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]5 DEF = 1 flat damage reduction

For a fair comparison i’ll look at the other defensive unit Izane

The comparison is 777 hp vs ~350 defense, 150 hp, 4% DR

You can look at defense in two ways
1. Flat damage reduction (350 defense would be 70 damage reduced)
2. A variable DR based on enemy attack. (Almost all XH mobs sit at 4000 ~ 6000 atk, so this would make 350 defense roughly 5% ~ 8% DR)

Looking at it in the first one. Say you take 300 dmg and have 1200 hp (we’ll use the 300 as izane after the defense has been applied)
• with izane you take 288 dmg. At 1350 hp you can take 4 hits before you die. (1350/288 = 4.68 )
• with rappy you take 370 dmg. At 1977 hp you can take 5 hits before you die. (1977/370 = 5.34)

Say you take 600 instead and have 1800 hp
• izane: 576 dmg @ 1950 hp = 3.38 hits
• rappy: 670 dmg @ 2577 hp = 3.84 hits

That’s not all.

If we add any DR from other sources, say like deband cut 15%
• izane: 490 dmg @ 1950 hp = 3.97 hits
• rappy: 570 dmg @ 2577 hp = 4.52 hits

• izane: 245 dmg @ 1350 hp = 5.51 hits
• rappy: 296 dmg @ 1977 hp = 6.67 hits

The difference increases as you have more DR, and hp buffs are based in max hp so rappy gets more out of that too. The raw defense boost from deband only applies to your base so that’s the same for both.

Of course, if you want to compare it to more offensive units, then you have to take into consideration atk and pp and how much of a value they are for you.[/SPOILER-BOX]
Another relevant calculation: if you play Hr, you will want to know how much damage will do 20% of your health, which causes you to lose Hero Boost.

20% of 1350 HP is 270 HP, which comes from a hit doing 352 (i.e., (270 / .96) + 70). If you are using Rappy and have 1977 HP, 352 damage is 17.80%, so Rappy would not lose Hero Boost from the same hit.

20% of 1950 HP is 390 HP, which comes from a hit doing 477 (i.e., (350 / .96) + 70). If you are using Rappy and have 2577 HP, 477 damage is 18.51%, so Rappy would not lose Hero Boost from the same hit.

In the case of 15% extra DR, to do 20% (270) of 1350 HP , a hit would have to do 401 (i.e., (270 / (.96 * .85) + 70). If you are using Rappy and have 1977 HP, 401 damage with 15% DR is 341, 17.25% of your health.

Similarly, with 15% extra DR, to do 20% (390) of 1950 HP , a hit would have to do 548 (i.e., (390 / (.96 * .85) + 70). If you are using Rappy and have 2577 HP, 548 damage with 15% DR is 466, 18.08% of your health.

It seems an Hr would prefer using Rappy.

Edit: I forgot that Izane also offers +20 atk-all, so an Hr player's preference between these units may not be so straightforward. Rappy definitely protects your Hero boost better, though. How do you know if +20 atk-all is better for you than the extra tankiness, or vice-versa? Only the deepest of soul searches will tell you.

the only reason to do this is exp, no other reason. no falz bosses, no good loot. pug will never do this.
A pug faces the possibility of failing the run, especially while BEQ2 is still new. Extra phases means more damage to the towers, increasing the risk of failure, so a pug would generally welcome the skipping of a phase.

Great Pan
Sep 30, 2018, 11:41 PM
Too fucking hard. NERF IT PLZ SEGA, FOR MY EZY XP!

oratank
Sep 30, 2018, 11:52 PM
i don't understand why somepeople keep darkblast for the final push to kill some mob faster but let ton of mob demolish 50% of tower

ArcaneTechs
Oct 1, 2018, 01:39 AM
i don't understand why somepeople keep darkblast for the final push to kill some mob faster but let ton of mob demolish 50% of tower
im seeing people be smart and using DB ON THE FINAL WAVE (aka Accidents) than seeing people be dumb and use it literally on the castle run up part which doesnt require DB because of how fast castle dies

Too fucking hard. NERF IT PLZ SEGA, FOR MY EZY XP!
shut up, no here or anywhere besides maybe non expert players are complaining about this being too hard. ez bait but try harder

Dark Mits
Oct 1, 2018, 01:58 AM
Too fucking hard. NERF IT PLZ SEGA, FOR MY EZY XP!Ok, I'll bite.
There is a very effective way to have 100% success and get ezy xp. Run it on a lower difficulty.

i don't understand why somepeople keep darkblast for the final push to kill some mob faster but let ton of mob demolish 50% of tower- it is possible that some people do not have Dark Blast ready before that point for whatever reason
- it is possible that Dark Blast isn't even needed in earlier phases, especially if you don't even get an Accident
- it is possible that some players may be "traumatized" from the inability to kill those infected named Resta Golems in previous events without Dark Blast, and prefer to use the big guns on those
- in our team runs we used the 3-3-2 tactic: 3 people during the start of last defense phase, 3 people 1 minute in it, and 2 people for the final part.

MyNameIsHawk
Oct 1, 2018, 04:19 AM
i played on pubs so far - non expert checked cause for me is the same, 1 lose and 1 won

xh is more easy that sh due gear limitation, for enter xh need be lv 80, for 80 you need at least a weapon of the class at 35.

as crazy the eq is, i love it.

Zephyrion
Oct 1, 2018, 04:21 AM
Ok, I'll bite.
There is a very effective way to have 100% success and get ezy xp. Run it on a lower difficulty.

- it is possible that some people do not have Dark Blast ready before that point for whatever reason
- it is possible that Dark Blast isn't even needed in earlier phases, especially if you don't even get an Accident
- it is possible that some players may be "traumatized" from the inability to kill those infected named Resta Golems in previous events without Dark Blast, and prefer to use the big guns on those
- in our team runs we used the 3-3-2 tactic: 3 people during the start of last defense phase, 3 people 1 minute in it, and 2 people for the final part.

That and some classes simply would rather not use DB because it's not even that efficient for them, since stuff has so low HP. Why turn into Elder when BR bow can kill pretty much anything with Banish combos while dealing with towers from across the map, all while having acces to gravity point and gravity grenade for mob control, or forsake another S-roll a.k.a melting all these heads and infections for literally free, on top of having chain to deal with anything that doesn't die in 2/3 S-rolls, or you picked Techer and you have to buff these DB to make them better....the list goes on and on.

XrosBlader821
Oct 1, 2018, 06:21 AM
I keep my DB for the final push simply because Elder can oneshot those towers on the backside with a charged up Knuckle (thank god I can dispose of them without having to wait for the other Side to be done with their Mobs). Which a surprisingly large number of people are still unaware of.

Masu
Oct 1, 2018, 07:06 AM
Because DB was and still is a mistake :-P Only good thing is it gives a clue if you actually do your job depenting how early you get access to it in a run. This and to permit to draw dat shiny stick before boss death and still being able to deal damage.

More seriously, do you guys experience a lots of lag with this eq? This one is lagfest for me. Kinda kill all the fun :(
Nevermind, seems GG was the culprit.

milranduil
Oct 1, 2018, 12:03 PM
I keep my DB for the final push simply because Elder can oneshot those towers on the backside with a charged up Knuckle (thank god I can dispose of them without having to wait for the other Side to be done with their Mobs). Which a surprisingly large number of people are still unaware of.

what's the point of this? the circles castle shoots out periodically are annoying, but it's not that big of a deal lol. this sounds like such a waste

NightlightPro
Oct 1, 2018, 01:05 PM
8 DBs @ final castle is just lol

also people getting buster pile destroyed on purpose so they can get more waves

wat

XrosBlader821
Oct 1, 2018, 01:11 PM
what's the point of this? the circles castle shoots out periodically are annoying, but it's not that big of a deal lol. this sounds like such a waste

Yeah but like, using DB at all is rarely necessary. The MPA's I'm in rarely fall below 50% HP, might as well make the final push slightly faster by using Ultimate Impact on Golem + Mobs and 1HKO the tower with Punishment Knuckle, because like I said so many people don't know about the 1HKO mechanic and end up wasting Ultimate Impact on the Towers or worse spends dozens of seconds Infinity Rushing those. And it's still better to dispose of them while waiting for the other side to be done rather than just sit on your butt and watching paint dry.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 1, 2018, 02:23 PM
Yeah but like, using DB at all is rarely necessary. The MPA's I'm in rarely fall below 50% HP, might as well make the final push slightly faster by using Ultimate Impact on Golem + Mobs and 1HKO the tower with Punishment Knuckle, because like I said so many people don't know about the 1HKO mechanic and end up wasting Ultimate Impact on the Towers or worse spends dozens of seconds Infinity Rushing those. And it's still better to dispose of them while waiting for the other side to be done rather than just sit on your butt and watching paint dry.

i think he means the 2 towers behind or on the sides of Castle are pointless to go after. i stopped breaking them a long time ago since they dont do much impact to the run.

im still more annoyed after pile phase and the wall is down that people still kill the mobs at the top instead of skipping them and going for Castles core to speed up this part of the run quicker. ive had only one mpa so far where 6/8 ppl went straight to Castle core while the other 2 struggled to fight the mobs and after destroying the core it obvously despawns them because of the knock back anyways

Masu
Oct 1, 2018, 03:37 PM
*snip*

im still more annoyed after pile phase and the wall is down that people still kill the mobs at the top instead of skipping them and going for Castles core to speed up this part of the run quicker. ive had only one mpa so far where 6/8 ppl went straight to Castle core while the other 2 struggled to fight the mobs and after destroying the core it obvously despawns them because of the knock back anyways

Glad to see that you never have been comboed by the "trash" mobs which at an opportune time hit you in the back (off camera) then you stagger while castle smash happily your face and a 3/4 skyfalling lazors hit you just to make sure you properly say hello to floor 0u0
Clearing some is never a bad idea imho.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 1, 2018, 04:38 PM
Glad to see that you never have been comboed by the "trash" mobs which at an opportune time hit you in the back (off camera) then you stagger while castle smash happily your face and a 3/4 skyfalling lazors hit you just to make sure you properly say hello to floor 0u0
Clearing some is never a bad idea imho.

get good, because the mobs die while attacking the core. also awareness of where things are aka your radar

Flaoc
Oct 1, 2018, 04:55 PM
or just have 1 guy nifta right when wall breaks and and dash up stairs and tps target one of the salamanders so the 1st wave gets sucked in and all of them die in 2 seconds and the wave after is just 2 lousy mobs and everyone can attack core anyway.. but 0 threats.. oh well id rather get the extra db exp if given the chance anyway and i never ran this shit in pug as it is so i dunno what the cancer runs are like

[SPOILER-BOX]https://discordapp.com/assets/4a2841a4746acdf4d391b4fd497e540b.svg[/SPOILER-BOX]

ArcaneTechs
Oct 1, 2018, 06:02 PM
or just have 1 guy nifta right when wall breaks and and dash up stairs and tps target one of the salamanders so the 1st wave gets sucked in and all of them die in 2 seconds and the wave after is just 2 lousy mobs and everyone can attack core anyway.. but 0 threats.. oh well id rather get the extra db exp if given the chance anyway and i never ran this shit in pug as it is so i dunno what the cancer runs are like

[SPOILER-BOX]https://discordapp.com/assets/4a2841a4746acdf4d391b4fd497e540b.svg[/SPOILER-BOX]
this almost never happens with PB tho in pugs. as for cancer runs, well if you've been running in bad mpa's with the people who are running with subpar everything in UQ's this past month, you'll get some of those in BEQ.

Saffran
Oct 1, 2018, 07:58 PM
And here I thought the limit on possible runs would calm the tryhards.
The 15 seconds you shave off by displaying l33t sk1llz to 4 randoms will not grant you anything.
Don't be a prick. Kill the mobs and THEN go to the core. It's not rocket science.

AVO
Oct 2, 2018, 03:00 AM
What class are you playing that it is so hard to charge pb yourself and do it? Meanwhile i am more concerned with the fact that there is a large amount of players not knowing how to JA their PAs, let alone defending towers.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 2, 2018, 03:16 AM
And here I thought the limit on possible runs would calm the tryhards.
The 15 seconds you shave off by displaying l33t sk1llz to 4 randoms will not grant you anything.
Don't be a prick. Kill the mobs and THEN go to the core. It's not rocket science.
i multi ship so any time shaving, the better. never been a need to kill the mobs at the top, theyre a waste of time but by all means, be a solo joe and "try" to kill them so by the time youre half way done everyones swept off the castle front. gg bro

What class are you playing that it is so hard to charge pb yourself and do it? Meanwhile i am more concerned with the fact that there is a large amount of players not knowing how to JA their PAs, let alone defending towers.
not you're personal PB launcher

AVO
Oct 2, 2018, 03:22 AM
i multi ship so any time shaving, the better. never been a need to kill the mobs at the top, theyre a waste of time but by all means, be a solo joe and "try" to kill them so by the time youre half way done everyones swept off the castle front. gg bro

not you're personal PB launcher

Its about taking the initiative but alrighty then.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 2, 2018, 03:25 AM
Its about taking the initiative but alrighty then.
Which is what I do when people decide to not pay attention to towers and I need to group them up asap, I use my PB whenever I need to but im not going to always have it set for the castle rush if im using it elsewhere, if i got it ill use it there otherwise no, i wont save it the whole run just for that one part

XrosBlader821
Oct 2, 2018, 07:48 AM

Yeah I don't get that part either. If some mobs chase me to the core then it actually helps me deal damage thanks to Wand Explosions stacking if in range. :wacko:

ArcaneTechs
Oct 2, 2018, 12:51 PM
Yeah I don't get that part either. If some mobs chase me to the core then it actually helps me deal damage thanks to Wand Explosions stacking if in range. :wacko:
ya its not bad to get them grouped up for that, really its just being aware of whats about to rush you from behind and when to dodge castle arms then youre in the clear to keep that dps going.

these arent "elite" strats either, just about every TMPA has down this tactic down from past BEQs and even BQ+, maximize your time or alternatively maximize the exp you get from the run. Pugs will have people who know these strats and will implement this in normal gameplay. its the people who dont know these strats who arent doing whats considered the normal loke others.