PDA

View Full Version : Worth getting back into PSO2 nowadays? (stopped in late 2016 because EP4 sucked)

This_Moment
Oct 9, 2018, 11:24 PM
Hi everybody.

I stopped playing in 2016 around this time because I got tired of the numerous amount of daily chores, cooldown activities and the fact that the game wasn't worth playing outside of EQs (+newer EQs at the time being severely limited, thus playing efficiently in organized MPA wasn't rewarded.)

I kinda want to play again, but I want to know if PSO2 has gotten any better and is it worth trying to get back into it? I have not followed PSO2 at all since Fall 2016, so I have no idea what all has happened in the past 2 years.

Thanks and sorry if this is considered spam.

Great Pan
Oct 9, 2018, 11:49 PM
EP5 is much more worse, mainly from the coming of Hero class. Also edgy sci-fi themed were replaced by a plain, medival fantasy. To simply put, this game is done for.

Go to Monster Hunter World, the much, much more superior game.

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 9, 2018, 11:52 PM
EP5 is much more worse, mainly from the coming of Hero class. Also edgy sci-fi themed were replaced by a plain, medival fantasy. To simply put, this game is done for.

Has a few of the same issues PSO2 has actually but lul k
Anyways EP5 is pretty hit or miss but getting gear and leveling up is pretty easy now a days depending on what class you wanna go for.

SteveCZ
Oct 10, 2018, 02:04 AM
numerous amount of daily chores, cooldown activities and the fact that the game wasn't worth playing outside of EQs (+newer EQs at the time being severely limited, thus playing efficiently in organized MPA wasn't rewarded.)

It doesn't change much until today except some new balances and more fashion stuff added as usual.

I'm still logging in only when there's a new quest to run, but then go off after a few days. But that's what makes it still worth playing though it's not everyday. The game itself is good to me so it's just a common end game issue. Can still play this along with any other game.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 10, 2018, 02:15 AM
Hi everybody.

I stopped playing in 2016 around this time because I got tired of the numerous amount of daily chores, cooldown activities and the fact that the game wasn't worth playing outside of EQs (+newer EQs at the time being severely limited, thus playing efficiently in organized MPA wasn't rewarded.)

I kinda want to play again, but I want to know if PSO2 has gotten any better and is it worth trying to get back into it? I have not followed PSO2 at all since Fall 2016, so I have no idea what all has happened in the past 2 years.

Thanks and sorry if this is considered spam.
Dailies, Weeklies etc really its not massively different from 2016 it just depends what youre looking to run constantly. EQ formula hasnt changed so dont expect much there. It's worth playing since you havent in so long, check out tonights update too. Get a feel of the game again then decide whether or not you want to stick around

highly recommend not taking Great Pan serious because he doesnt exactly think before he posts

call me when G rank is here MHW baby, game is literally too easy out of all the MH games. G rank the only true difficulty

Great Pan
Oct 10, 2018, 06:49 PM
call me when G rank is here MHW baby, game is literally too easy out of all the MH games. G rank the only true difficulty

The game ain't easy, man. Still triple cart to Nergigante's dive bomb and AT Elders. Oh, I use dual blades and go ham on the monsters BTW.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 10, 2018, 08:29 PM
The game ain't easy, man. Still triple cart to Nergigante's dive bomb and AT Elders. Oh, I use dual blades and go ham on the monsters BTW.
Dual Blades are one of my mains and i solo Nergigante in under 5min easily, other Elder Dragons are almost no different. This MH is built for casuals, any other hardcore/long time Monster Hunter Vet(s) like me will tell you the exact same thing. This game still severely lacks a lot of the monsters from past games and they're still taking their sweet time adding on more. Theres barely anything to do in MHW once you actually hit end game versus stuff to actually do in PSO2.

again, call me when G rank hits and my boi Rajang SSJ4 comes rolling in and we'll see if you think Nergigante is still "hard"

KatsuraJun
Oct 17, 2018, 11:41 PM
How does one triple cart to nergi when he has no attacks? Every time I fight him he's just flailing helplessly on the ground.

Great Pan
Oct 17, 2018, 11:52 PM
How does one triple cart to nergi when he has no attacks? Every time I fight him he's just flailing helplessly on the ground.

I Demon Dance him all the time.

silo1991
Oct 18, 2018, 11:35 AM
main diference between ep4 and 5 is the artistic direction is abyssmaly bettter .

in terms of gameplay there was big hiatus under the first half , also there is a lack of free fields ( we just got 1 in may ) and the buster quest (which was the core of the season) sega didnt believed on it anymore and IMO had a lot of potential (still waiting my attack of darker clones)

in conclusion EP4 sucked horribly in art direction but had good gameplay updates
EP5 good artistic direction gameplay updates had big hiatus and took forever to release a free field

BTW i am in vacation of PSO2 to since august because i felt it repetitive and because the promos back then didnt call my atention ; plus it is my first vacation since 2012.

FantasyHeaven
Oct 18, 2018, 01:59 PM
How do you manage that with the most braindead op button mash class in any game in recent memory? You just suck shit or what? Fucking hero takes more skill than that.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 18, 2018, 05:26 PM
op got his answer, stop replying about old news MHW

Meteor Weapon
Oct 18, 2018, 10:35 PM
How do you manage that with the most braindead op button mash class in any game in recent memory? You just suck shit or what? Fucking hero takes more skill than that.

Its Great Pan, idk what you're expecting with whatever he comments.