PDA

View Full Version : 26º PSO2 STATION!

Pages : [1] 2

Maulcun
Oct 30, 2018, 11:15 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/image/sysupload/element/info/20160915/pso2station.jpg

Date: November 20, 2018
Time: 21:00 ~ 23:00 JST

Automatic conversion time : https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=26%C2%BA+PSO2+STATION%21&iso=20181120T21&p1=248&ah=2

Official Link Nico Nico: https://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv316769414
Official Link PSCP TV: Coming soon
[*Official Link YouTube : Coming soon
Fan Link YouTube 1 : Coming soon
Fan Link YouTube 2 : Coming soon
Fan Link Twitch 1 : https://go.twitch.tv/silentsakia/
Fan Link Twitch 2 : https://www.twitch.tv/arekore510
Official Link Twitch : Coming soon
Fan Link Mixer 1: Coming soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 1: Coming soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 2 : Coming soon
Fan Link Facebook : Coming soon

Important Topics

Information about the december updates.
Information about the Christmas event and new raid boss quest.
Information about a new collaboration.
Information about the Arks X' Mas Party 2018.
Minami Takahashi (CV: Lean - PSO2es) will appear as a special guest.

XrosBlader821
Nov 15, 2018, 02:49 PM
So what can we expect in December?
- Merry Christmas on Ice 2018 (probably December 5th)
- - Bingo Card (1 week before SG scratch resets so make sure to finish them asap for SG tickets)
- New SG Scratch (probably featuring some EP5 Villain outfits) (Begins December 12th)
- True Dark Falz (Probably December 19th)
- - Austere NT?
- - Lumiere Upgrade?
- - Evleda Units Upgrade?
- Level 90 Cap for all classes (even Hero)
- - New Skills for all classes (even Hero)
- Solo UQ
- - Visual Weapon Crafting System Overview
- Battle Arena rotation (hopefully one without Talis & JB)

Either way December will be a big update.

Anduril
Nov 15, 2018, 07:01 PM
So what can we expect in December?

- New SG Scratch (probably featuring some EP5 Villain outfits) (Begins December 12th)

Either way December will be a big update.

Based on the icons from the 1GB update we had last week, it looks like the SG Scratch might be "purified" Dark Falz costumes (with white variants), layered Xion/Photoner Clarissa, layered Eretique Reine (ie. non-Omega Margareta's outfit), Photoner Double, Dark SORO, some RINA and Aika variants ("Dark Falz" and Purified Falz?), and the outfits for the big damn heroes from the Episode 5 finale.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 16, 2018, 03:13 AM
- - Evleda Units Upgrade?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/390394379870666754/495896189250699275/1536564172067.jpg

Dark Mits
Nov 16, 2018, 04:25 AM
Does anyone else have some form of "concern" regarding the exp requirements of level 90? I mean, we are getting loads of exp tickets that will add up to possibly over 50m exp by the time the new level cap hits. Is it part of Sega's plan for us to hit that cap the same day it is released without running a single quest, or will the requirement be something extraordinary, like 200m exp?

Zephyrion
Nov 16, 2018, 05:21 AM
Does anyone else have some form of "concern" regarding the exp requirements of level 90? I mean, we are getting loads of exp tickets that will add up to possibly over 50m exp by the time the new level cap hits. Is it part of Sega's plan for us to hit that cap the same day it is released without running a single quest, or will the requirement be something extraordinary, like 200m exp?

I don't think the cap will be something extraordinary. This simply is a nice way to deal with several xp galores that will happen (remember Hero has to go from lv80 to lv90; normal classes have subclasses to deal with, not even to mention Phantom when it hits the server). So they just purposedly give a very large amount just because we'll need that exp for many things

SteveCZ
Nov 16, 2018, 07:39 AM
Hero Star Online for a few days due to its start at lv 80 for everyone. \o/

final_attack
Nov 16, 2018, 11:16 AM
Hero Star Online for a few days due to its start at lv 80 for everyone. \o/

Hero and Hunter :lol:
I think I will saw "Hunter X" again on party description :lol:

Shinamori
Nov 16, 2018, 12:18 PM
All the good ol' days of "No GUs!" or "GU X".

XrosBlader821
Nov 16, 2018, 02:06 PM
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/390394379870666754/495896189250699275/1536564172067.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yjJrrHT.png

XrosBlader821
Nov 17, 2018, 03:14 PM
What do you guys think the level 90 Skills will bring to each class? I think we're all expecting a High Level Bonus 85 at this point since Sega is really grumpy about free'ing up SP for us to use. But my personal wishes for the 5 Classes I currently play include these:

Fo
Something that boosts Forces defenses a little. Currently that class is squishy like a sponge.
You could add Freeze ignition a Ice Barrier-like Effect that reduces incoming damage. While we're at it Sega could take the opportunity to change that skill's behaviour.

Te
Something that makes hybrid gameplay more engaging (mixing Techs with Normals). Ideally I'd want Wands in general to be overhauled so that we'd have Lavis attack speed on all Wands but Skills like Poison Ignition still need overhauling as well.

Bo
Something that makes Field skills worth a damn like +5% Crit damage inside Crit Field and +5% damage if matching Elements in Elemental PP field.

Su
Honestly I'm, not sure how to expand on Summoners Skill tree since most of the skills are pretty tight. Maybe a Skill that increases PB Gauge accumulation based on certain criteria?

Hr
Something that improves Gear accumulation when using all 3 weapons and something that helps with Hero boost being too easy to lose.

Flaoc
Nov 17, 2018, 03:48 PM
well about fo.. zara rod makes its defensive capabilities really stupid so maybe not

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 17, 2018, 06:04 PM
Hr
something that helps with Hero boost being too easy to lose.

Seriously this.
There's a number of things they could do to address this before Hr has difficulty being weaned off of demonia the way Fo had with EPD/Atra, including but not limited to:

-Move a sizable chunk of the multiplier away from hero boost alone. Cut it down to 20% from 60% and distribute the removed damage to weapon boosts so the punishment for getting hit isn't so crippling to the point where demonia's effect feels needed to get through a deep damage drop phase as fast as possible.
-Recover 10-15% of hero boost for countering.
-A demonia-copy S class ability to at least encourage using other weapons.
-Repeat the Ele convert/EPD adjustment: bake most of demonia potential's value into hero boost, and water down demonia's potential on the weapons.

Hr has L ring slots that they barely do anything with as is.

echofaith
Nov 17, 2018, 06:05 PM
I just want Hunter to have a good buff to make it worth to be used as main class, though that would need an actual rework of the class. I dont expect Hunter to ever be top DPS or close and that is fine, but its depressing that all its gimmicks can be attained by other classes who already have their own gimmicks(even though the opposite isnt true).
Thing is I read on bumped a few months ago they intented to keep focusing on its tankiness,and given how tanky Automate+Massive Hunter is, I dont expect the buff to be worth it.

final_attack
Nov 17, 2018, 07:51 PM
What do you guys think the level 90 Skills will bring to each class? I think we're all expecting a High Level Bonus 85 at this point since Sega is really grumpy about free'ing up SP for us to use. But my personal wishes for the 5 Classes I currently play include these:

Hr
Something that improves Gear accumulation when using all 3 weapons and something that helps with Hero boost being too easy to lose.

Hopefully something to help HeroBoost indeed ^^;
Also, maybe something other than HighLevelBonus ..... since it's "advance" class .... probably more skills to choose from .... Something like option to buff specific weapon type, or option to go general use (like that Gear accumulation you mentioned).

As for Gu ..... not sure what they'll give in the future, but at least I want to enable Hr's PA (without weapon chance mechanic) for Gu ..... considering hit box can be a little bit "lols" when doing ChainFinish, I personally want that Hr's Moment of Trick, since it can do a pin point attack.

Lostbob117
Nov 17, 2018, 09:22 PM
I just want Hunter to have a good buff to make it worth to be used as main class, though that would need an actual rework of the class. I dont expect Hunter to ever be top DPS or close and that is fine, but its depressing that all its gimmicks can be attained by other classes who already have their own gimmicks(even though the opposite isnt true).
Thing is I read on bumped a few months ago they intented to keep focusing on its tankiness,and given how tanky Automate+Massive Hunter is, I dont expect the buff to be worth it.

It's already a worthwhile main class to play and does not need a rework at all (sure it could use a little buff), but how it is right now shouldn't stop you from playing it.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 17, 2018, 11:41 PM
consider playing HU again, the class is not as horrible as you think it is and much as the class has the stigma of being a sub class only, its actually pretty good especially with the recent sword buff. people just need to give the class a try again and see for themselves, hell watch some UD vids if that'll give you more thought on it

https://i.imgur.com/yjJrrHT.png
cant trust dem upgrades if they aint ever gonna come to us ya hear?

but if this upcoming stream finally says when and how i dont even know what im going to do

SteveCZ
Nov 17, 2018, 11:50 PM
Fo
Something that boosts Forces defenses a little. Currently that class is squishy like a sponge.
You could add Freeze ignition a Ice Barrier-like Effect that reduces incoming damage. While we're at it Sega could take the opportunity to change that skill's behaviour.

They already did through that weapon as falco said.
I've posted this one before, but he added a new one with 1 minute faster than before in elzelion XH (now 3:53), tanking every crap he can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIbkfKmy51E

XrosBlader821
Nov 18, 2018, 12:36 AM
@Steve & Falco
But that basically mean we came from a 1 Rod meta to a different 1 Rod meta / solution that will expire with Powercreep. Not really a good thing. I think Sega will make something with Fo's lack of survivability because they're already aware since spring that people hate how easy that class dies.

SteveCZ
Nov 18, 2018, 01:57 AM
@Steve & Falco
But that basically mean we came from a 1 Rod meta to a different 1 Rod meta / solution that will expire with Powercreep. Not really a good thing. I think Sega will make something with Fo's lack of survivability because they're already aware since spring that people hate how easy that class dies.

What I'm trying to say is, I personally not sure on why these kind of disadvantages should be balanced permanently (same like mainjump's reply about Hero Boost, wishing its penalty to be hugely nerfed by more than 50% than it already is). For me, with current balance, they are at best stay as weapon or other means, like rings. If they want to add more, they can, say a damage-reducing ring (with whatever condition required) then let the player choose to either use that or tech parry, or attach both. More fun that way I think. They even buffed an ice tech (nabarta 0? i forgot) that now could guard as well. I'd say it's better that way, a more active, action-kind of option, as tactical reward. If you just want to raise just a little def, then why not affix them? hahah. I just feel the current balance is just ok. Well I may be wrong, let's see what sega will do.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 18, 2018, 03:35 AM
For me, with current balance, they are at best stay as weapon

That can create another EPD/Atra rod situation; where we look at weapons that SEGA hypes up that should have been better, but players have their ballsacks tied to having to compensate for bad design decisions with older weapons that should have been weaker. You can't guarantee these effects will be replicated on new weapons a year or more from now either.

Not only that, SEGA loves giving us carrots to chase. If the remedy to a crippling design flaw is 12+ months old, but is so powerful that it's still worth using over everything else, how am I supposed to care, or be excited for anything new?

Tying our class 'fixes' to weapons that should be replaceable is a terrible idea.

I personally not sure on why these kind of disadvantages should be balanced permanently

Also, there's a distinction between a 'disadvantage' and a bad design choice.
-Forces and Bravers having lower defenses and HP than a Hunter is a disadvantage.
-Tying forces to a very specific weapon potential due to ele convert was a bad design choice.
Hero is on the same path as long as 1/3rd of their damage is on one skill which is lost by taking 20% of HP as damage, and only comes back by not getting hit again for up to a minute, and the only thing that alleviates this consistently is one specific type of weapon potential.
>punishment; severe
>downtime; too long
>methods to recover outside of waiting/hero time; almost non-existant

If certain mistakes aren't fixed permanently on the skill tree when possible, classes could be permanently tied to 1-2 specific weapons/potentials out of dozens. To disagree is basically saying the element conversion change should be undone.

XrosBlader821
Nov 18, 2018, 05:49 AM
What I'm trying to say is, I personally not sure on why these kind of disadvantages should be balanced permanently (same like mainjump's reply about Hero Boost, wishing its penalty to be hugely nerfed by more than 50% than it already is). For me, with current balance, they are at best stay as weapon or other means, like rings. If they want to add more, they can, say a damage-reducing ring (with whatever condition required) then let the player choose to either use that or tech parry, or attach both. More fun that way I think. They even buffed an ice tech (nabarta 0? i forgot) that now could guard as well. I'd say it's better that way, a more active, action-kind of option, as tactical reward. If you just want to raise just a little def, then why not affix them? hahah. I just feel the current balance is just ok. Well I may be wrong, let's see what sega will do.

Being one/two shot by anything relevant in the game while other classes can eat up multiple hits before they even have to worry isn't just a "disadvantage" and in content that fails the Quest if you die too often it s just unnecessary pressure on the player because the "just dodge lul" excuse only worked back when the content wasn't so hyper aggressive as it became since implementation of UQ's.

This isn't just my opinion either. Back in may the class satisfaction survey resulted in 50% Force players being very dissatisfied & dissatisfied, 30% being neutral towards the class and only 20% liking and really liking it. Force not only has no access to Iron Will but it's also a combination of two tech classes meaning it has by far the lowest defense stats in the game. And while most complaints since that survey got adressed over the time, the inability to survive hits still remains.

About Hero, I really think that a simple skill like "Hero counter adds 10% Hero boost Damage" and maybe a gunner like "L/Hero Boost Keep" Ring would be enough. It wouldn't completely eliminate the issue but it'd make it so that random mini-attacks don't kill your DPS by accident and if they do you can still regain that DPS by skillful play.

And while we're at the topic of 1 weapon metas, Lavis attack speed should be applied to all wands. It's stupid how unplayable Te feels like without it.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 18, 2018, 05:50 AM
>New S4 series gets released
>it tops every other weapons series out
>Get Atra Rod S4
>Transfer to new S4 Rod
>ez pz power creep

done, i solved the Rod power creep crisis, also do this to Talis too EZ

XrosBlader821
Nov 18, 2018, 05:53 AM
>New S4 series gets released
>it tops every other weapons series out
>Get Atra Rod S4
>Transfer to new S4 Rod
>ez pz power creep

done, i solved the Rod power creep crisis, also do this to Talis too EZ

Atra still can't be used as a material during affixing.

Edit: Nvm forgot S-Ability transfer is a thing.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 18, 2018, 05:56 AM
Atra still can't be used as a material during affixing.
every weapon that offers an SSA at +35 is an infinite dispenser, so just get the rod and transfer it to the new S4 Rod granted you have an extra stone or not using your current Atra wep for anything too important

edit: you caught your mistake when i finished posting :wacko:

SteveCZ
Nov 18, 2018, 06:04 AM
That can create another EPD/Atra rod situation; where we look at weapons that SEGA hypes up that should have been better, but players have their ballsacks tied to having to compensate for bad design decisions with older weapons that should have been weaker. You can't guarantee these effects will be replicated on new weapons a year or more from now either.

Not only that, SEGA loves giving us carrots to chase. If the remedy to a crippling design flaw is 12+ months old, but is so powerful that it's still worth using over everything else, how am I supposed to care, or be excited for anything new?

Tying our class 'fixes' to weapons that should be replaceable is a terrible idea.

Also, there's a distinction between a 'disadvantage' and a bad design choice.
-Forces and Bravers having lower defenses and HP than a Hunter is a disadvantage.
-Tying forces to a very specific weapon potential due to ele convert was a bad design choice.
Hero is on the same path as long as 1/3rd of their damage is on one skill which is lost by taking 20% of HP as damage, and only comes back by not getting hit again for up to a minute, and the only thing that alleviates this consistently is one specific type of weapon potential.
>punishment; severe
>downtime; too long
>methods to recover outside of waiting/hero time; almost non-existant

If certain mistakes aren't fixed permanently on the skill tree when possible, classes could be permanently tied to 1-2 specific weapons/potentials out of dozens. To disagree is basically saying the element conversion change should be undone.

Let me just make this clear to you since whether it is right or wrong in this case is completely vague. I respect your opinion, but see it this way: in my case, Hero Boost penalty is not a big deal to me, but it's a big deal to you. With that said, for you, of course it's the tree problem, and I understand that. For me, it's not a problem, and therefore in my view such change that you wish would only make things worse. For example, if Hero is on max power, then it should have a slight advantage over some classes in certain situation and place, say like mobbing. If you make it less severe, then Hero is way too good with barely any disadvantage at all. It's Hero Star online all over again. So, okay, say you want to reduce Hero Boost penalty, but it needs something in return. One of them for example is making Hero at max power more or less the same as other classes, but that makes no point of having Hero Boost at all when it doesn't act like one. So as much as I want it as you, I don't find the perfect balance of it. Help me on that part.

If they want to buff, buff the counter damage, and/or make the counter damage untied to Hero Boost penalty. Make counter more relevant, reduce the Hero Boost penalty by every counter you make. With that, you still get your penalty, but your effort as a Hero that counters makes it more rewarding. It also makes Hero reliable on certain situation, even though not all situations cause you can't always counter when there's nothing to counter. I'd love that, but hey, that's just my opinion. As for the tree... I honestly don't see much for now, and so are the other trees, I guess, for now.

Imo, your request regarding to Hero Boost, as a weapon could be great (with condition of course). Just like Demonia to Hero Boost, Quelle Scarlette to weapon action, and more. Are they still better now? Not really. And that's fine to me. I had never been so excited to farm them more than getting the generic, progressive series weapons if you ask me. Even if SEGA decided that the penalty should occur on, say, 40% - 60% hit of HP within the time, I'd still be happy for it as a weapon potential more than having it permanent on the tree.

As for Element Conversion, I'm pretty sure I said "with current balance", and I don't see why if I have to agree with it that means I have to agree with all your expected changes to other classes (or other mechanics that Force has). If you want to talk about Element Conversion in the past then I'd probably agree with you. It's not like I'm saying "oh wow the tree is 100% perfect and so from now on, everything has to be on weapons (or other mechanics than the tree)!". Definitely too ideal in such imperfect world of gaming. There will be mistakes on the tree, but not right now, at least for me, cause they will (and should!) add more contents to make it no longer relevant to the current time. Just like Hero slapped every single class and make them completely "basic" when they barely have anything wrong in the first place.

Back to Hero Boost. The penalty won't be given if the class is used properly, in proper place. You will be hit, yes, you will get hit a certain time in some situation especially mobbing, but if some people have to get hit constantly that also become constantly weak in terms of damage, it's not the tree's fault, especially if you're walking in a wrong place with 900 - 1100 HP.

Zephyrion
Nov 18, 2018, 07:41 AM
I mean I touched upon this on Hero thread but my main gripe about Hero boost is that it doesn't do any differentiation between fuck ups. Now I wouldn't mind if Hero Boost was only one of many multipliers, as it is for GU's high time, but it's not. I quite dislike the fact that even with a decent HP pool, getting hit for 300, which can be any good mob's offscreen swiping at you results in the exact same loss as actually taking a big hit. Now don't get me wrong I still need to be penalized for both scenarios but to a different extent imo. I'd love if Hero boost % loss was actually tied to the damage you just received, like 20% for hitting the threshold, then you lose more and more of the remaining 40% the harder you got hit.

About Demonia, the issue is that it's literally a must-have. even as a boost battery in case you opted for another weapon. Now we have King crest shop so it's not too bad, but Demonia has been a really rare weapon for like half a year, and then you could have been unlucky with Enchanted Forest and have to wait a whole year for a weapon that is literally a game-changer for your class. It's far steeper than just losing some % because you don't have the latest stat stick, it literally cripples you down. Now, Demonia is not as bad as EPD/Atra used to be, or Lavis still is, since you could still somewhat play Hero without it, but it's still a case of a potential that is "too strong". recovering Hero Boost by countering would have made it a far better pot than just "gratz you got Demonia, so now you can be a cool waiting-for-30s kid instead of a waiting-for-60s" one

Being one/two shot by anything relevant in the game while other classes can eat up multiple hits before they even have to worry isn't just a "disadvantage" and in content that fails the Quest if you die too often it s just unnecessary pressure on the player because the "just dodge lul" excuse only worked back when the content wasn't so hyper aggressive as it became since implementation of UQ's.

I'll be fully honest though, I don't think Force doesn't need any survivability buff. Remember, with all the changes the class got, you're not tied to having 200PP because the class can now easily sustain most of the time even with only PP restorate standing buff, which mean for the first time in its history, you can actually invest into HP affixes as Force. I tried different setups and tbh, as long as your PP pool covers Ilbarta chains and Ra zandia, (so 160-180PP) you're more than fine. I can understand that changing your units just because of that is silly, but hey, you gotta go through that shit at some point.

I also think it's an identity trait of the class that is dangerous to touch because it can lead to bad things. Look at LB insurance, and despite the layers of penalties it gives you (extra CD on LB, have to manually recover from 1 HP within 5 seconds, extra penalty for effing up several times in a row), it's still a very strong class skill that makes any rematch or solo XQ a complete joke. FO being actually stupidly powerful (ok not GU tiers of stupid but you get me) is only hindered by the fact it cannot tank hits that well, so if they're going to buff that, I hope they do it veeeery carefully.

All of this is only how I feel tho, you're all free to think otherwise^^

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 18, 2018, 11:39 AM
One of them for example is making Hero at max power more or less the same as other classes, but that makes no point of having Hero Boost at all when it doesn't act like one. So as much as I want it as you, I don't find the perfect balance of it. Help me on that part.

... that's already the case in a number of places... which is entirely why I have a problem with Hero boost as is.

Hero at max power hero boost does about as much damage as a braver with kazami already. I have both of these things to know.

Hero boost is needed at max power to match another class that doesn't have such an insane penalty for getting hit.

Hero boost stopped feeling like a bonus when SEGA brought more classes up. So yes, in a way you're almost right; there's almost "no point of having Hero Boost at all when it doesn't act like one" when other classes are almost capable of matching Hr output with it. Your hypothetical is already a thing, except all of the penalties are still there. This is why I say the penalties/conditions/delay on it should be seriously addressed in one or more ways.

-Br/Hu with kazami + Tech arts JA ring: ~77k sakura 0 (my kazami has placholder affixes. Just +35 to ATK).
-Hr at max hero boost + perfect keeper ring: ~72kish vapor bullet if I haven't been hit for the past 30 seconds thanks only to demonia (+185 ATK to demonia. If it was +35ed, it would deal ~3% more damage). I lose ~24k of that damage for a while after getting hit.

Hero boost doesn't feel like a boost here. It feels like an arbitrary, and ridiculous penalty that a number of other classes don't have while still being able to accomplish a similar output anyway. Now if kazami braver is some sort of OP outlier that's doing leagues better than other classes, do tell me, but I very much doubt that's the case.

SteveCZ
Nov 18, 2018, 12:42 PM
About Demonia, the issue is that it's literally a must-have. even as a boost battery in case you opted for another weapon. Now we have King crest shop so it's not too bad, but Demonia has been a really rare weapon for like half a year, and then you could have been unlucky with Enchanted Forest and have to wait a whole year for a weapon that is literally a game-changer for your class. It's far steeper than just losing some % because you don't have the latest stat stick, it literally cripples you down. Now, Demonia is not as bad as EPD/Atra used to be, or Lavis still is, since you could still somewhat play Hero without it, but it's still a case of a potential that is "too strong". recovering Hero Boost by countering would have made it a far better pot than just "gratz you got Demonia, so now you can be a cool waiting-for-30s kid instead of a waiting-for-60s" one

RDR sucks, but I think that's unrelated to the weapon itself though. They could've just make this King (and Conqueror) crest in the first place and make the meta weapons a guaranteed goal. I don't see a problem with Demonia especially when there's a slightly stronger weapon and make Demonia as a battery, and I am also ok with what you said that counter can also be as weapon pot. Demonia-NT maybe!?

I'll be fully honest though, I don't think Force doesn't need any survivability buff. Remember, with all the changes the class got, you're not tied to having 200PP because the class can now easily sustain most of the time even with only PP restorate standing buff, which mean for the first time in its history, you can actually invest into HP affixes as Force. I tried different setups and tbh, as long as your PP pool covers Ilbarta chains and Ra zandia, (so 160-180PP) you're more than fine. I can understand that changing your units just because of that is silly, but hey, you gotta go through that shit at some point.

All of this is only how I feel tho, you're all free to think otherwise^^

Agree.

... that's already the case in a number of places... which is entirely why I have a problem with Hero boost as is.

Hero at max power hero boost does about as much damage as a braver with kazami already. I have both of these things to know.

Hero boost is needed at max power to match another class that doesn't have such an insane penalty for getting hit.

Hero boost stopped feeling like a bonus when SEGA brought more classes up. So yes, in a way you're almost right; there's almost "no point of having Hero Boost at all when it doesn't act like one" when other classes are almost capable of matching Hr output with it. Your hypothetical is already a thing, except all of the penalties are still there. This is why I say the penalties/conditions/delay on it should be seriously addressed in one or more ways.

-Br/Hu with kazami + Tech arts JA ring: ~77k sakura 0 (my kazami has placholder affixes. Just +35 to ATK).
-Hr at max hero boost + perfect keeper ring: ~72kish vapor bullet if I haven't been hit for the past 30 seconds thanks only to demonia (+185 ATK to demonia. If it was +35ed, it would deal ~3% more damage). I lose ~24k of that damage for a while after getting hit.

Hero boost doesn't feel like a boost here. It feels like an arbitrary, and ridiculous penalty that a number of other classes don't have while still being able to accomplish a similar output anyway. Now if kazami braver is some sort of OP outlier that's doing leagues better than other classes, do tell me, but I very much doubt that's the case.

In that br kazami case, yes Hero Boost almost doesn't act like one then. Ok, so let's say I agree it's a tree problem..
I still insist about the penalty cause it's almost the only disadvantage it has, unless there's something better to offer (or more) than that. Reducing the dmg penalty at whatever amount is no point as it doesn't act like one in the first place. Reducing the time ain't good either cause it's as the same as just reducing the dmg penalty. Buffing the Hero Boost max power damage isn't good either..

Well, I think what Zeph offered isn't that bad either. You still got your power reduced to the same amount of dmg penalty, but through multiple layers of attacks instead of harshly straight to that amount. Soo... if the Player is indeed bad enough, it can be seen by how he/she keeps getting hit that it racks up to the most of the penalty in such a short time (such as getting combo'd =) ). But, if you play good enough, at best got hit once in a while, you're still at a mercy, say probably 5 - 10 seconds away from the max power. I think I can agree with that.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 18, 2018, 01:03 PM
In that br kazami case, yes Hero Boost almost doesn't act like one then. Ok, so let's say I agree it's a tree problem..
I still insist about the penalty cause it's almost the only disadvantage it has, unless there's something better to offer (or more) than that. Reducing the dmg penalty at whatever amount is no point as it doesn't act like one in the first place. Reducing the time ain't good either cause it's as the same as just reducing the dmg penalty. Buffing the Hero Boost max power damage isn't good either..

I'd never suggest putting more max power on Hero boost. That's 90% of my gripe already.
Reducing the amount of power on hero boost would actually change perception of it if you think about it.

Dropping it from 60% to 20%, and moving the damage to passive weapon bonuses will make the impression go from:

"Damn, I just lost ~33% of my damage for getting hit" since that's FAR easier to notice
to
"I gained ~10% damage for not getting hit. If I lose it, oh well"
The latter feels more like a bonus since the loss isn't nearly as easy to feel, and demonia would be far less compelling to need.

That alone would satisfy me, but I would still welcome a skill to build it back up after getting hit by dodging attacks to make it an interesting gameplay mechanic rather than 'just wait for it'.

Kilich
Nov 18, 2018, 01:50 PM
How about just dropping the general powerlevel and mobility for players and enemies? So that getting hit depends more on the player skill, instead of being blindsided?

Zephyrion
Nov 18, 2018, 03:08 PM
How about just dropping the general powerlevel and mobility for players and enemies? So that getting hit depends more on the player skill, instead of being blindsided?

It would work for sure...but remember, playerbase is a fickle woman. Nerfing overpowered things already poses a lot of problems in that regard, but if you're going to nerf blanket anythingeven though it is in a (overpowered) state of balance. You will get a huge backlash.
People put a lot of the backlash of EP5 on Hero, but I don't think said backlash would have been that huge if they didn't ALSO nerf the other classes, because those nerfs felt unwarranted and unfair in comparison to what the new class had. Reverting is hard so barring a re-boot (which won't happen given how old the game is), or a sequel (not happening in the near future for sure). I don't see something like this happening any time soon. The very best we can hope is pulling some damage numbers down and enemy buffs.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 18, 2018, 03:22 PM
this make me think about the ol Dodge vs Block debacles that happened on psow, it'll only make the Block people upset because they feel theyre being punished for Blocking "unavoidable" hits or something.

Dark Mits
Nov 18, 2018, 05:10 PM
It is entirely possible to revert all powerscaling without nerfing anything, and I have mentioned multiple times how that can happen: Immensely buff both players and enemies in future content, with enemies getting an additional edge:
- Give massive HP boost per level from 86 to 90 (like 500 per level). All players are now significantly tankier at lvl90 (eg. 2x to 4x).
- Do not buff healing or lifestealing (so basically all healing is nerfed relative to HP Max by 50%-80%, except for percentage-based heals without a cap)
- Increase enemy damage so that enemies hit about 2x as much at 90 than they do at 85. This means that players can withstand between equal and 2,5x as many hits compared to 85.

With the above, you have players not getting one-shotted as often, you don't have Hero Boost interrupted with just 1 enemy slap, and you don't have as many Fullcures are before.

Zephyrion
Nov 18, 2018, 06:23 PM
It is entirely possible to revert all powerscaling without nerfing anything, and I have mentioned multiple times how that can happen: Immensely buff both players and enemies in future content, with enemies getting an additional edge:
- Give massive HP boost per level from 86 to 90 (like 500 per level). All players are now significantly tankier at lvl90 (eg. 2x to 4x).
- Do not buff healing or lifestealing (so basically all healing is nerfed relative to HP Max by 50%-80%, except for percentage-based heals without a cap)
- Increase enemy damage so that enemies hit about 2x as much at 90 than they do at 85. This means that players can withstand between equal and 2,5x as many hits compared to 85.

With the above, you have players not getting one-shotted as often, you don't have Hero Boost interrupted with just 1 enemy slap, and you don't have as many Fullcures are before.

It would create more problem than solutions. It would merely shift the attention to atomizer/mate lovers,/mag actions unless you nerf that too in which case every fight becomes a battle of attrition. And even if you went that way it would be far easier to go the over way and introduce healing reduction + enemy power nerf than the other way around. Healing reduction can also be fixed on a quest-by-quest basis, but your HP is your main stat so it would have to be that in every quest, making it hell to balance, and making every piece of older content completely irrelevant barring fixing them all which doesn't sound likely

I never had a problem with one-shots in PSO2 (solo XQ aside) because they follow the fair one-shot rulebook of being heavily telegraphed and depending on things that are easy to track (enemy HP, time and so on). Hero Boost is mostly a skill + skill tree issue as was mentioned. High Time for GU isn't nearly as much of a problem, of course because it recovers faster, but even if it didn't, it would be ok because it's one of several multipliers. I wouldn't mind losing Hero Boost that much if I could actually try and work to make the most of my other multipliers, instead of just "waiting for it to come back"
The overheal problem only touches Resta, Megiverse and lifesteal weapons, which could be easily fixed like zanverse was, a.k.a giving fixed values to them. make 250HP the universal resta tick and 100HP per hit cap the universal megiverse value. I'd straight up change Atra GS S4 at this point but it ain't happening xD. The most elegant solution to lifesteal weapons for me imo would be all of them stopping to heal past a certain value (say after you regained 60% of your HP, you can only refill the rest through healing techs/items)

Done with my wishlist xD, I don't really mind the state of the game as much as I sound to though. It's more that I do think there are more elegant solutions to the healing and damage issues than upscales/downscales. It's unlikely to happen, so I just leave that as random daydreaming^^

TehCubey
Nov 19, 2018, 12:00 AM

Upgrading mobility was the best thing ep 5 had done. I can't imagine going back to pre-ep 5 sluggishness and still enjoying it, knowing how fast I used to go.

Besides, technically you could still move ridiculously fast before, it just required arcane techniques such as quad dash. Giving all players increased mobility instead of locking it behind mastery of game engine abuse? Sounds like a good thing to me.

Regarding Hero Boost, I'm torn. On one hand my own performance is far from perfect so making it harder to drop would certainly benefit me. On the other, Hero is a class that is supposed to be about playing an untouchable and flashy character who doesn't let enemies land a single hit, and because of Hero Boost's all-or-nothing status that class identity is really strong. Making the boost easier to maintain would weaken Hero's identity.

Tymek
Nov 19, 2018, 02:18 AM
It's almost here. This month went by really quickly...

ArcaneTechs
Nov 19, 2018, 03:00 AM
It's almost here. This month went by really quickly...
Phantom is next year though, time to go into cryo sleep

Dark Mits
Nov 19, 2018, 06:06 AM
It would create more problem than solutions. It would merely shift the attention to atomizer/mate lovers,/mag actions unless you nerf that too in which case every fight becomes a battle of attrition. And even if you went that way it would be far easier to go the over way and introduce healing reduction + enemy power nerf than the other way around. Healing reduction can also be fixed on a quest-by-quest basis, but your HP is your main stat so it would have to be that in every quest, making it hell to balance, and making every piece of older content completely irrelevant barring fixing them all which doesn't sound likelyI disagree, as I see it, my solution solves more problems than it creates:
1) It will help the situation of glass cannons dying too easily, Hero Boost, and other skills/weapon potentials requiring a HP threshold to activate. This includes both cases where a player has to be over a percentage and where the player has to be below a percentage.
2) It does not diminish the benefit of dodging/blocking in higher end-content, even though it does diminish it in easier content. In other words it lowers the skill floor to experience content, while keeping the ceiling where it was.
3) It will increase the value of DEF relative to HP Max. So players may have to do some theorycrafting and check if they are better of with DEF affixes instead of HP ones.
4) It will allow for more enemy attacks other than oneshots to be something the player will want to avoid, without again allowing the player to just facetank everything (unless you build a 10k HP HU/SU or something).
4a) It will allow for more creative builds to be able to clear content without "dethroning" the absolute-full-100%-pure-dps-but-I-die-from-an-Oodan-fart builds from being the most efficient.
5) It will allow for better balance between player choice of "should I go for a bit of survivability or for a bit of extra damage?".
6) It does not effect old content, as my suggestion will work for enemies and content for lvl86+. So there will be nothing to balance and check again for lower levels.

The overheal problem only touches Resta, Megiverse and lifesteal weapons, which could be easily fixed like zanverse was, a.k.a giving fixed values to them. make 250HP the universal resta tick and 100HP per hit cap the universal megiverse value. I'd straight up change Atra GS S4 at this point but it ain't happening xD. The most elegant solution to lifesteal weapons for me imo would be all of them stopping to heal past a certain value (say after you regained 60% of your HP, you can only refill the rest through healing techs/items)While I agree about Resta, Megiverse etc. being problematic, I am entirely opposite of your suggestion. Every ability should have a scaling factor to show that the player advances in power.

Resta is problematic because (i) it does not take into account player's weapon T-atk, (ii) it's spammable and (iii) it's useless when everyone flies around the battlefield while you try to charge it. This makes Resta more powerful on a full-dps Force than it does on a full-support Techer. At the same time, because it is so extremely powerful relative to max hp, the talent Resta Advance is useless. I would redesign Resta to take full T-atk into account, have lower output (so instead of Tatk/4 something like Tatk/20 to be closer to a Monomate per charged tick), Resta Advance increasing by 50% instead of just 20%, and maybe even a new talent under Resta Advance which makes uncharged Resta gain the range of charged Resta, while maintaining just 2 ticks and lower healing per tick.

Megiverse if problematic because player output is magnitudes over our HP bars. It would be less problematic if it had a cap like other lifesteal options, for example 5% of caster's T-atk. That way healing per tick is higher the better stats the caster has, and it's not a full-heal per PA used.

Regarding Zanverse, I would actually prefer its redesign from a static 5.5sec duration to infinite duration until it has hit its damage cap, or the caster casts another field. The damage cap of the field would be dependant again on caster's T-atk. This would help in that the player could cast it once when soloing and then "forgetting" about it without missing out on its effect unless movement is required, and more often in a support-ish role in multiplayer content where other players help reach that cap. (In fact I would prefer this treatment for other fields as well).

Kilich
Nov 19, 2018, 06:59 AM
I see that scaling hp can reduce the damage levels of mobs and players, but such a change is too drastic. For example, SH players that enter XH content are already met with enemies that are brick walls in comparison. Lvl 90 content, and it'll have to be lvl 90 only content, will be 4x as bad.

Sega will probably have to continue the arms race of Player Damage/HP vs Mob Damage/HP, but I don't think that mobility and healing should grow alongside those. I'd prefer for those last 2 to decrease, putting more emphasis into player skill of solving the problem of not enough mobility and healing through classes/gear that are not only damage and teamwork, but alas.

Saffran
Nov 19, 2018, 07:29 AM
I was never under the impression the problem was that "glass cannons died too easily". I would even argue that it's the contrary, and that led to the big "evade vs blocking" debate too. Espescially considering that every move is avoidable, but not necessarily blockable (which is in itself a problem).

One could take so many examples of why some of the escape maneuvers and invincibilty frames are stupid, but it all boils down to "it's just an action game and besides, it looks cool". That's the only reason why you can (to take a recent example) "avoid getting hit" by lava although you are actually standing still waist deep into a pool of lava. Does it make sense? No. Does it look cool? Sorta. Does it allow for a broken way to run through XH volcano? Yes, and it's exactly why it was made possible in the first place.

We obviously all have different ideas about what "fixing" the game entails. I can agree with whoever stated that the overhaul was too much, too late into the game. But quite frankly, I don't think the PS franchise will get another chance.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 19, 2018, 06:45 PM
Regarding Hero Boost, I'm torn. On one hand my own performance is far from perfect so making it harder to drop would certainly benefit me. On the other, Hero is a class that is supposed to be about playing an untouchable and flashy character who doesn't let enemies land a single hit, and because of Hero Boost's all-or-nothing status that class identity is really strong. Making the boost easier to maintain would weaken Hero's identity.

That's the beauty of some of my suggestions; you don't have to make it easier to maintain. Power could just be shifted away from it. Remember, it's a third of hero's damage. It doesn't all have to built on this one conditional.

Reilet
Nov 19, 2018, 06:57 PM
3) It will increase the value of DEF relative to HP Max. So players may have to do some theorycrafting and check if they are better of with DEF affixes instead of HP ones.

Unless you increase the DEF gain from affixes and units by an absurd amount, it ain't gunna be valued ever. Defense has an "effective" 20% return rate. Every mob past lvl 85 has at least 4000 atk.

So you see Body 5? That's 40 s-def which translate to 8 damage reduced before enemy multipliers. Most multipliers do not go above 2x if even reaching 1.2x. AND that's only for attacks that is affected by s-def.

Stamina 1 gives you 20 hp which effectively lets you take 20 more damage from ALL sources.

Sure you can argue that it's 8 less damage per hit you take... But when you hardly take multiple hits and most of the time you take BIG hits, it barely matters. It matters even less when you take 400 damage per hit instead of 200.

The REAL solution to make defense much more valuable is to reduce attack values/keep them the same and make everything multi-hit instead of single big hits. But, even that brings it's own share of problems.

TehCubey
Nov 19, 2018, 08:34 PM
That's the beauty of some of my suggestions; you don't have to make it easier to maintain. Power could just be shifted away from it. Remember, it's a third of hero's damage. It doesn't all have to built on this one conditional.

My point is, the way I see it a third of hero's damage being built on one conditional is part of the class's identity. It means people who are really good at evasion, countering or otherwise avoiding getting hit (which is what the class is supposed to be all about) will also perform exceptionally well offensively, while those who tank a hit after another will struggle to perform at their top offensive power.

Basically it's a class that really prioritizes and rewards flawless gameplay. If hero boost is changed to something like 10% of a hero's total damage instead then that point will become meaningless. Once again, this means the class will probably be less punishing and more fun if you do not play flawlessly (which is the fact for most players including myself), but it will also have a weaker identity.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 19, 2018, 10:40 PM
Basically it's a class that really prioritizes and rewards flawless gameplay

Went over this already; it's not a reward, or a bonus if you need it to even perform at a level close to braver with a kazami for example.

You define a reward as NOT performing at barely 2/3rds of another class's consistent output for getting hit, and only barely matching them if you manage to succeed? Yay...?

Again, here's some numbers;

... and imagine if I wasn't using demonia and used any of the other 95% of the swords. It would take twice as long to get it back.

What part of this is a reward? How does this look like a reward? Convince me it is.

My assertion is that hero boost stopped feeling like a reward when other classes have been brought up to the level where they can put out the damage hero does with maxed hero boost, while hero boost still has 1/3rd of hero's damage tied to it. All I'm saying is, the multiplier on hero boost alone holds too much of hero's damage, and the best argument you can come up with against my assertion isn't numbers; it's "identity".

By the way, spare me the "identity" talk. Identity can easily be preserved without having nonsense like "you deal 2/3rds the damage of another class if you get hit, and almost as much damage as they do if you don't". Identity, and sensible design aren't mutually exclusive. Both can be done, and all that needs to happen is shift numbers around.

Kilich
Nov 20, 2018, 12:01 AM
Sensible design wasn't on Sega's plate since late Ep3-Ep4 though. You can think of that as built-in obsolescence to prepare for Phantom.

TehCubey
Nov 20, 2018, 01:14 AM
Went over this already; it's not a reward, or a bonus if you need it to even perform at a level close to braver with a kazami for example.

You define a reward as NOT performing at barely 2/3rds of another class's consistent output for getting hit, and only barely matching them if you manage to succeed? Yay...?

Again, here's some numbers;

You aren't talking about class design, but about balance issues - which Hero had from day one by the way. I have no insight into Sega devs' minds but I suspect it went something like this:

What was intended: well-playing Hero (one who doesn't get hit) is significantly stronger than other classes, a less than well playing Hero is more or less at the level of other classes or possibly slightly weaker. Overall a class that prioritizes and heavily rewards flawless gameplay. As in, if you can play flawlessly then Hero would be the best pick for you. If you can't then you're better off playing another class, or practicing with Hero until you get better. An expert class if you will.

What actually happened: Hero is significantly stronger (and definitely more fun due to increased mobility and the moveset) than all the other classes, boosted or not. Overall there was no incentive NOT to play Hero, except for liking another class so much you are unwilling to swap to something much better.

So Sega buffed other classes to compensate, but ended up overcompensating instead. The final result is that other classes are as strong as a perfectly played Hero (or even better - Gu, Fi, etc), while a badly played Hero is even more rubbish than a badly played any other class.

In the end we're left with the opposite of where we started - if you follow meta, there is no reason at all to pick Hero. Whether you perform excellently or less so, you will get a bigger bang for your buck with other classes. However, I don't feel like hero boost is to blame here. Sega being shit at numbers and balancing things out is.

By the way, spare me the "identity" talk. Identity can easily be preserved without having nonsense like "you deal 2/3rds the damage of another class if you get hit, and almost as much damage as they do if you don't". Identity, and sensible design aren't mutually exclusive. Both can be done, and all that needs to happen is shift numbers around.

What identity does Hero have as a class then? Every other class has something that defines it, but Hero's main gimmick (switching weapons) is pointless. Might as well not be there. All we're left with is a strong focus on counters and a powerful finishing blow every once in a while, but isn't that already Braver?

Dark Mits
Nov 20, 2018, 02:59 AM
snip to save spaceWhile all you said is true, you have to see it from a different prism. With my suggestion, an "average" character would have about 3.5k HP at lvl90. The character now has the option of getting an extra 300HP through affixes, or 200DEF instead. Going for 300HP is an increase of about 10% in effective HP, more with Guts drink and TE's Deband. With 200 DEF, and assuming enemy damage is at about the same levels as currently, it's about 40 less damage per hit, again before multipliers from possible Deband drink and TE's Deband. So if the average hit would deal 400 HP damage, that's about 10% less damage received per hit, or inversely 11,11...% higher effective HP.

Edit: Also note that HP and DEF work inversely in the sense that each additional point of HP has diminishing returns in extra survivability, wheras each additional point of DEF has increasing returns, until you hit 1 points of damage per attack.

Of course as you mention, this depends on whether enemy attack stat stays as it is, and if the game just keeps many small hits instead of few large ones. I generally support the idea of many small hits, because I dislike the idea of the HP bar having only 3 states: 0, not-full, full. It should be: 0, I-must-heal-as-priority, I-can-fight-like-this-and-wait-for-a-heal, I'm-cool, I-will-only-heal-because-my-OCD-doesn't-let-me-have-less-than-100%, and full.

Also note, that another imprtrant reason why HP is currently so much higher valued than DEF is not just that you need 5 DEF for reduction of damage by 1 point, but that most of the time we don't even have to actively try to get back to full HP, it just happens through lifesteal, automate/mag autoheal, etc. If getting back to full HP required more actions from the players (similar to how killing a higher HP enemy requires more actions from players), and it also required more dodging/blocking, then DEF would be valued higher due to reducing the amount of actions required to get that HP back.

---
Regarding the Hero discussion, would it have helped Hero if Sega didn't keep them at lvl80 and instead allowed them to get to 85, with a similar 5% damage boost skill in the tree? Unless the difference is like 10-15% or higher between Hr and Br with Kazami, then these 5 levels seem to be the reason for the discrepancy, and not the actual class design.

Kilich
Nov 20, 2018, 03:22 AM
Speaking about braver, since Phantom has a katana. Katana is probably the most combo oriented weapon in the game, given that all PAs, except for shunka, have a role and flow well into one another, thanks to ring charge and easy canceling.
Hero has the fancy weapon switch PAs, that I saw nobody use, but is Phantom going to repeat Hero's weapon switch PAs, or Braver's combo flow PAs? Or maybe something new.

SteveCZ
Nov 20, 2018, 04:07 AM
So Sega buffed other classes to compensate, but ended up overcompensating instead. The final result is that other classes are as strong as a perfectly played Hero (or even better - Gu, Fi, etc), while a badly played Hero is even more rubbish than a badly played any other class.

They didn't overcompensate. It's the Hero Boost is the root of its own problem. Let's just say when Hero is first introduced, other classes' power were around the level where Hero doesn't have Hero Boost at all (lowest/min power), so Hero Boost was highly rewarding/meaningful for those who can keep it. But apparently it's too powerful. After the last balance, now all classes are put at the same power as Hero's max power, making the Hero Boost becomes a burden some people hate cause even if you struggle to stay at max power, you'd still rather use Br instead. So it's kinda bad in both ways.

Reilet
Nov 20, 2018, 04:51 AM
Snip, because pretty big

While not the actual point of your message, 200 defense affix is near impossible to get. I believe the max is 160 or 180 def and that’s an 8 slot (don’t remember if any of the reveries give defense). Meanwhile the max hp affix is close to 700.

The other parts i have nothing to say because i agree with it

Kilich
Nov 20, 2018, 05:18 AM
I think they did go overboard. All they had to do was nerf Hero boost, or make it harder to keep like Br gear. And they went and balanced the game around Hero boost being always active.

BloodPuddles
Nov 20, 2018, 05:51 AM
Everything in this conversation aside, I completely agree with Maninbluejumpsuits idea to split up the boost. I've always thought that should be done for all the classes. It would add so much more to the gameplay if you had to meet like 20 different conditions to have absolute max damage. It would also create massive amounts of different end-game viable builds to play.

TehCubey
Nov 20, 2018, 05:58 AM
They didn't overcompensate. It's the Hero Boost is the root of its own problem. Let's just say when Hero is first introduced, other classes' power were around the level where Hero doesn't have Hero Boost at all (lowest/min power), so Hero Boost was highly rewarding/meaningful for those who can keep it. But apparently it's too powerful. After the last balance, now all classes are put at the same power as Hero's max power, making the Hero Boost becomes a burden some people hate cause even if you struggle to stay at max power, you'd still rather use Br instead. So it's kinda bad in both ways.

Would you still consider it a problem if classes were balanced so that a Hero who constantly loses boost is weaker than other classes, but one who can maintain it all the time is the top meta class?

Because for me, that sounds like what Sega was aiming for, they just failed to deliver.

Dark Mits
Nov 20, 2018, 06:11 AM
While not the actual point of your message, 200 defense affix is near impossible to get. I believe the max is 160 or 180 def and that’s an 8 slot (don’t remember if any of the reveries give defense). Meanwhile the max hp affix is close to 700.

The other parts i have nothing to say because i agree with itThe 300HP and 200DEF values were based assuming all 3 units, not on each one individually. Body V, React V, Mind V, Ability III and Historia Soul give 65 on all DEF. You may remove React and Mind because we mostly care about Striking damage from enemies. Slap a Defense Boost, which I guess some people have a few left overs from scratches, to reach 90 DEF. Of course, Historia and Defense Boost also give 85HP at the same time, so the player doesn't really have a dillema of HPvsDEF in this case.

I picked 300HP example because generally I see people have less than 100HP affixes per unit, with more ephasis on ATK stats.

Though the argument now is not "HP vs DEF", but "Why the hell would I go for Defensive stats when you already give me higher resilience? I'll just keep full ATK affixes".

Zephyrion
Nov 20, 2018, 06:44 AM
Would you still consider it a problem if classes were balanced so that a Hero who constantly loses boost is weaker than other classes, but one who can maintain it all the time is the top meta class?

Because for me, that sounds like what Sega was aiming for, they just failed to deliver.

The issue about Hero Boost will forever remain, regardless of how many number tweaks you do to it. The skill is just TOO central, and has always been imo. It's very easy to slightly over or undercompensate and it becomes garbage or godly, because the difference between reset Hero and full-power Hero is just that big. It also removes most of the player's agency since once it resets the literal only thing you're doing is "make sure it doesn't reset again" and mostly wait for it.

Meanwhile, all the other skills of the tree have proper interplay (weapon-switching and counters tying to gear, counters recovering PP to cycle actions which allows to gain even more gear). and then we have Hero Boost, that can literally only be influenced by Hero Time activation.

What makes it even more of a problem is how easy/hard it is to not be reset heavily skews Hero's performance. as I've said before, I don't mind Hero being better or worse for some quests, but between most raids where it's relatively easy to not get hit while farming counters and stacking e-trials in EF where your only hope for not getting hit is praying whatever god, be a god yourself and dodge the invisible, spam all your invulnerable option and be back to pray to luck you don't get hit at a point you run out of invul or Talis WA up there and sprinkle bullets til it's over...Let's just say the performance is swinging a bit too wildly here

tl;dr despite all my complaints I like the idea and concept of Hero Boost, I just think it needs a little extra something to add interplay and agency to it. It just feels far too "passive' for a class that's so fluid and mobile

oratank
Nov 20, 2018, 07:40 AM
did you just allow us to use multiply camouflage?

XrosBlader821
Nov 20, 2018, 07:43 AM
oh wow they're actually adding a new map to PVP
that's unexpected
WAIT 15* WEAPONS ALREADY WTF

final_attack
Nov 20, 2018, 07:43 AM
★15 (Austere and Atra upgrade, I think)

oratank
Nov 20, 2018, 07:45 AM
now i regret for not collect AustereNT material

wahahaha
Nov 20, 2018, 07:47 AM
oh wow they're actually adding a new map to PVP
that's unexpected
WAIT 15* WEAPONS ALREADY WTF
Wtf bros its not like 14*s were released 2 years ago

final_attack
Nov 20, 2018, 07:49 AM

Well ... there's still upgraded version of Atra .....
2 series got ★15, which is both Austere and Atra ......

XrosBlader821
Nov 20, 2018, 07:50 AM
Wtf bros its not like 14*s were released 2 years ago

yeah but for most people the first 14* weapon they got was Atra which was still this year.

BloodPuddles
Nov 20, 2018, 07:51 AM
Wow lol, I just came on to find out if this were real. I saw some guy mentioning it while passing through B7. I'm honestly pretty disappointed, the 14* lineup is pretty lacking. I thought they'd end up with twice as many.

cheapgunner

Me as well. RIP....

oratank
so True Df is just Df persona

final_attack
Nov 20, 2018, 07:53 AM
Oh wait .... there's 3 series that got ★15、I think?

XrosBlader821
Nov 20, 2018, 07:54 AM
Oh wait .... there's 3 series that got ★15、I think?

I hope Lumiere

Dugs
Nov 20, 2018, 07:55 AM
So, correct me if I'm wrong... but I thought "Shin" could mean True.... but ALSO "new".

Zephyrion
Nov 20, 2018, 07:56 AM
did you just allow us to use multiply camouflage?

yeah apparently we can now sacrifice any weapon to change a weapon's appearance. sounds great, especially if you can use literally any weapon for that.

I hope Lumiere

Apparently, Atra, Lumiere, Austere. They also mentioned upgrade to new raid series but likely *14 ? someone can prolly chime in

yeah but for most people the first 14* weapon they got was Atra which was still this year.

given the route they're going for *15; my guess is that they just want to erase the whole "*14 might as well not exist in EP4" deal and start over EP3 way with exchangeable weapons from the get-go. *15 still feels quite early tho, I expected them midway through EP6 but I guess that's not what they wanted.

POWER CREEEEP !

cheapgunner
Nov 20, 2018, 07:57 AM
yeah apparently we can now sacrifice any weapon to change a weapon's appearance. sounds great, especially if you can use literally any weapon for that.

Nice. Gotta look thru my gear and see what weps I want camo'd.

arkeido
Nov 20, 2018, 07:58 AM
Of course ares NT is required
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/zCTPgC1.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]
also atra upgrade seems to require lumiere
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/ymi9xAF.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

TakemiShinnosuke
Nov 20, 2018, 08:01 AM
I have not found that many 14* 's yet and already 15* weapons incoming..

well in any case I get a free 15* because one of my 14* is an atra

Spellbinder
Nov 20, 2018, 08:01 AM
Of course ares NT is required
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/zCTPgC1.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]
also atra upgrade seems to require lumiere
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/ymi9xAF.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Hopefully they haven't overlooked summoner again with that Austere exchange. Having no base weapons for any of these, it's probably more likely that we got shafted again like the Nemesis/Slave-NT exchange.

final_attack
Nov 20, 2018, 08:02 AM
I hope Lumiere

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/RWKYGYe.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Um .... The new series drop (2 times upgrade, I think?)

Also ..... demn the upgrades.
Drop only things (Lumiere for Atra, Ares/Slave/Nemesis for Austere) :(

KaizoKage
Nov 20, 2018, 08:03 AM
*sigh* I wonder how many years for me to get an actual 15* once this releases lmao

Tyreek
Nov 20, 2018, 08:03 AM
Did they seriously turn the 14* seasonals into collection files...?

XrosBlader821
Nov 20, 2018, 08:05 AM
I am building a Lumiere Wand right now! Rip my Hero with a full Lumiere set tho. Maybe once Chronos Stone get more accessible.
Atra S4 + new stats and potential S5 slot will probably outdo Lavis.

Hopefully they haven't overlooked summoner again with that Austere exchange. Having no base weapons for any of these, it's probably more likely that we got shafted again like the Nemesis/Slave-NT exchange.

There are Slave, Nemesis and Arest NT Takts tho. Tough luck for the Atra route I guess

cheapgunner
Nov 20, 2018, 08:05 AM
For me, getting austere seems like a joke. My luck would have to go plus ultra to get any semblance of those NT weps for austere. xD

final_attack
Nov 20, 2018, 08:08 AM
For me, getting austere seems like a joke. My luck would have to go plus ultra to get any semblance of those NT weps for austere. xD

You still need luck too for Atra (need Lumiere, which is need Jutis (drop only)) and new series (drop only, I think) tho :wacko:

TakemiShinnosuke
*sigh* I wonder how many years for me to get an actual 15* once this releases lmao

if you have an atra it will be a free 15* for you

echofaith
Wonder if there is going to be an OT Austere upgrade at all, or if will they remain as useless as OT Ares were. I am curious about the units though. Glad I stocked in a few invader fodders a few months ago, cause they are already inflated now :p

TakemiShinnosuke
Nov 20, 2018, 08:09 AM
You still need luck too for Atra (need Lumiere) and new series (drop only, I think) tho :wacko:

well true dark falz trigger may well drop some chrono's stones lol

SteveCZ
Nov 20, 2018, 08:10 AM

It was what Sega aimed for though it was too much, and people didn't like it (on how Hero was too powerful on max or when it started gaining its boost). So I'm skeptical even if we buff the Hero just a few percent more powerful than other classes from current balance to reward the players who can maintain the Hero Boost as top meta class, people would just still consider it over the top.

But on current condition, people complain about how harsh it is cause max hero boost doesn't even worth the struggle. So there really is no middle solution for those who feel that Hero Boost penalty is a big deal, and there ain't not much reward for those who can keep the Hero Boost max cause it's just the same as other classes (in this case Br, if we base this on mainjump's previous reply).

All we can daydream right now is to play around on how the penalty works, but none of can really solve it if we're stuck in that situation, imo. In short, for me (now) balancing Hero specifically due to Hero Boost can either be good only for Hero (first introduced), or all other classes (current balance). But I can't see it working well for both.

cheapgunner
Nov 20, 2018, 08:11 AM
You still need luck too for Atra (need Lumiere, which is need Jutis (drop only)) and new series (drop only, I think) tho :wacko:

Well, I've got several lumiere options but not the ones I really want. >.>; I suppose all the god-tier drops are down to dice rolls in the end eh lol.

final_attack
Nov 20, 2018, 08:13 AM
Well, I've got several lumiere options but not the ones I really want. >.>; I suppose all the god-tier drops are down to dice rolls in the end eh lol.

Must be nice having Lumiere (mine never drops) :(
All options for ★15just closed :(

XrosBlader821
Nov 20, 2018, 08:14 AM
Maybe 15* Atra will be able to form change the same way 14* Atra can. So you could just upgrade whatever Lumiere you have access to and then form change.

cheapgunner
Nov 20, 2018, 08:16 AM
All I want is to be able to change whatever jutus wep I have into some other jutus weapon. >.>;

final_attack
Nov 20, 2018, 08:17 AM
Maybe 15* Atra will be able to form change the same way 14* Atra can. So you could just upgrade whatever Lumiere you have access to and then form change.

Will still be a problem (not a single Jutis drops) TwT

Edit :
New Rings ..... (need +20 for the mats)

L/JGCounter
JGSonicArrow + JGHeavenlyFall + JGRaisingFlag
L/ChaseWSupport
DSKamaitachi + TDAirChase + KnuckleChase
L/TimeAndRoll(?)
FrontSRoll + HighTimeKeep
L/DefenseTech
TechCParrying + ShortMirage
L/BravePower(?)
BulletBowHoming + KatanaCCounterUp
L/KickAndSnatch
DBSnatch + JBTechArtsSC

Saotome Kaneda
Nov 20, 2018, 08:21 AM
Wonder if there is going to be an OT Austere upgrade at all, or if will they remain as useless as OT Ares were. I am curious about the units though. Glad I stocked in a few invader fodders a few months ago, cause they are already inflated now :p

the one shown on stream IS the OT > NT path

they haven't shown the invadeNT upgrade path

XrosBlader821
Nov 20, 2018, 08:22 AM
Will still be a problem (not a single Jutis drops) TwT

Edit :
New Rings ..... (need +20 for the mats)

L/JGCounter
JGSonicArrow + JGHeavenlyFall + JGRaisingFlag
L/ChaseWSupport
DSKamaitachi + TDAirChase + KnuckleChase
L/TimeAndRoll(?)
FrontSRoll + HighTimeKeep
L/DefenseTech
TechCParrying + ShortMirage
L/BravePower(?)
BulletBowHoming + KatanaCCounterUp
L/KickAndSnatch
DBSnatch + JBTechArtsSC

oh those are those Compound Rings they talked about. Seems like Fighter Ring slots get unfucked big time.

final_attack
Nov 20, 2018, 08:26 AM
Also, HighLevelBonus for Hr (Lv80) ....

HeroRefresh for Lv85 .....
Something about half HeroGear and HeroWill (refreshed?) ...... Dunno the translation.
45s active time with 300s cooldown, I think

TehCubey
Nov 20, 2018, 08:43 AM
Am I reading this right? It's not just weapons, but Austere units are getting an upgrade to 12*?

echofaith
Nov 20, 2018, 08:46 AM
the one shown on stream IS the OT > NT path

they haven't shown the invadeNT upgrade path

Oh that sucks then. Guess I will have to settle with a Austere then /:

XrosBlader821
Nov 20, 2018, 08:51 AM
Wait so do we get level 90 Skills / high level bonus 85/ High level bonus 80 max level 5 -> 10? If not does that mean that we for once get 5 SP breathing room? I might be able to go 2/10 Wind mastery 1 and 5/5 Wind mastery 2 on my Te/Fi if that's the case.

Also, we haven't finished releasing 14* Pets yet we're already introducing 15* Weapons. It REALLY feels too soon.

final_attack
Nov 20, 2018, 09:00 AM
I didn't see any Lv90 skill when looking at Hr level cap vid .....
Only Lv80 HighLevelBonus (5 levels) and Lv85 HeroRefresh .... so, yea, 5 free SP + additional stats, I guess.

Maulcun
Nov 20, 2018, 09:02 AM
15 star req o.O

https://twitter.com/snowell_ceres/status/1064861956924825602

https://twitter.com/pso2ship1feo/status/1064864656282406912

Spellbinder
Nov 20, 2018, 09:06 AM
I am building a Lumiere Wand right now! Rip my Hero with a full Lumiere set tho. Maybe once Chronos Stone get more accessible.
Atra S4 + new stats and potential S5 slot will probably outdo Lavis.

There are Slave, Nemesis and Arest NT Takts tho. Tough luck for the Atra route I guess

Referring to your Austere trade screenshot, it requires a base Austere weapon in addition to Nemesis and Slave NT. Summoner has no base Austere weapon, hence my concern. They didn't create a summoner exchange for Nemesis and Slave that excluded the need for the base weapon until months and months after. I worry they haven't learned from that mistake.

XrosBlader821
Nov 20, 2018, 09:09 AM
Arks New Year Carnival will have Omega Darkers outside of Omega. I'll assume that's gonna have a increased drop rate for Jutus.

Referring to your Austere trade screenshot, it requires a base Austere weapon in addition to Nemesis and Slave NT. Summoner has no base Austere weapon, hence my concern. They didn't create a summoner exchange for Nemesis and Slave that excluded the need for the base weapon until months and months after. I worry they haven't learned from that mistake.

Ah gotcha. I hope Summoner wont get the short end of the takt again.

Tyreek
Nov 20, 2018, 09:11 AM
Not to mention Omega Falzes. Apprezina in Mining Base is gonna be fun. This seems to be the only high point for me this stream.

final_attack
Nov 20, 2018, 09:13 AM
Arks New Year Carnival will have Omega Darkers outside of Omega. I'll assume that's gonna have a increased drop rate for Jutus.

And .... when is that Arks New Year Carnival? :(

XrosBlader821
Nov 20, 2018, 09:16 AM
And .... when is that Arks New Year Carnival? :(

Usually January. Actually now that I think about it.. what if Jutus is the Weapon series for 2019 Weapon badges?

final_attack
Nov 20, 2018, 09:21 AM
Usually January. Actually now that I think about it.. what if Jutus is the Weapon series for 2019 Weapon badges?

I'll just hope for the non-drop only options (be it weapon badges or CF (I'll even throw SG to reset like usual if it's Tmg)) ;w;

Considering with my past .... experience with drop only .....
Yash9k took about 1 year after released for 1 drop (29 Thunder, at Amekaze), 2nd drop is at BQ where it drop like candy, and got NT treatment ;w;

XrosBlader821
Nov 20, 2018, 09:29 AM
I'll just hope for the non-drop only options (be it weapon badges or CF (I'll even throw SG to reset like usual if it's Tmg)) ;w;

Considering with my past .... experience with drop only .....
Yash9k took about 1 year after released for 1 drop (29 Thunder, at Amekaze), 2nd drop is at BQ where it drop like candy, and got NT treatment ;w;

I know how you feel. I had to +35 my Lavis by using 2500 Conquerors crests and 300 Te Excubes. and even after V. Cave XH still no Lavis drop

RadiantLegend
Nov 20, 2018, 09:48 AM
Luckily I have one Ares NT. So only one Austere NT for me.
No Jutis rifle drop at all, RIP Atra upgrade.

Zephyrion
Nov 20, 2018, 10:11 AM
OK, re-watching the trailer and we got 3 different *15 upgrades coming

Austere NT *15 =Austere OT + SlaveNT +35 + Neme NT+35 +Ares NT+35 + 400 Excubes
Atra upgrade = Atra + Lumiere + 400 excubes
New Falz Persona series is basically a new Atra deal, but more convoluted
Drops as a *13, you can upgrade it first as a *14 with : desired weapon +35 + any Detonator +35 + any Claudem +35 + any Allure +35 + any Chalyra +35 + 150 Erebos stones (think Caligula stones except they drop on new raid)
THEN you can upgrade one of those as a *15 using an Amphitrite stone (title reward for clearing the raid 50 times, probably only one barring insane luck deal like Kronos) + 400 excubes.

XrosBlader821
Nov 20, 2018, 10:21 AM
Okay so Lightrace is basically a freebie. It probably will have a DB duration extending effect given how it's created.
Atra 15* still seems to be preferable to me simply due to the Wand S4 but there is a possibility all 15* weapon series will have those.
Austere NT is just too much. I'd win the lottery before getting all those pieces.

Suirano
Nov 20, 2018, 10:28 AM
Kinda glad that Austere NT info got posted when it did. I spent all that time farming for the mats for it. I wouldn't have thought Lumiere would be used in such a way but okay lol, guess I am getting Austere and Atra when ti comes out.

The Persona 15*s tho. I didn't save any of those Falz weapons so rip.

SteveCZ
Nov 20, 2018, 10:31 AM
Combined skill rings, nice, lol.

Kilich
Nov 20, 2018, 10:48 AM
Well, this ridiculous process might give top players something to do. I'll stick to my 13* for now.

Tymek
Nov 20, 2018, 10:55 AM
★15 feels too early, for some reason.

Zephyrion
Nov 20, 2018, 11:03 AM
Well, this ridiculous process might give top players something to do. I'll stick to my 13* for now.

update also inaugurates first *14 CF so can't even do that xD

Raujinn
Nov 20, 2018, 11:03 AM
Did they just forget to show the Invade NT to Austere NT exchange or did I somehow miss it? Can't seem to find any shots of it

Anduril
Nov 20, 2018, 11:13 AM
★15 feels too early, for some reason.

Well, the first 13*s were released near the end of 2014, and the first 14*s were released near the end of 2016, so 15*s at the end of 2018 seems to be par for the course.

RadiantLegend
Nov 20, 2018, 11:18 AM
Is persona series requiring the mod saf weapons if so? :o (I effed up)

Of course they were. Mod saf ain't even safe no more. Pso going to make me a horder.

XrosBlader821
Nov 20, 2018, 11:23 AM
Well, the first 13*s were released near the end of 2014, and the first 14*s were released near the end of 2016, so 15*s at the end of 2018 seems to be par for the course.

Yeah but as Zephyrion already said, when 14* released they might as well not exist. Drop rates were insanely awful. Here you can get 2 15* Weapon series Day 1

SteveCZ
Nov 20, 2018, 11:30 AM
I'm more curious on what this Omega Masquerade can drop though.

cheapgunner
Nov 20, 2018, 11:35 AM
Well, I guess I should have saved all those mats previously...

Anduril
Nov 20, 2018, 11:51 AM
Yeah but as Zephyrion already said, when 14* released they might as well not exist. Drop rates were insanely awful. Here you can get 2 15* Weapon series Day 1

The way I see it, with the current state of the game, it just makes more sense to go with this progression to 15* from the get-go rather than making them solely be drops from an EQ.
And to the point of getting them Day 1, unless the 2019 Badge Exchange has Jutus weapons, there will still be people who won't even be able to do the Atra upgrade because of that Lumiere requirement, and there is the whole RNG aspect of getting Ares, Nemesis, and Slave in the first place. While I don't doubt that many of the "hardcore" players will have their 15*s as soon as the servers go up, for those who don't already have the required weapons, the drop rates are still going to be a hurdle, with the only difference being that it is not just concentrated in a single EQ.

XrosBlader821
Nov 20, 2018, 12:04 PM
Y'know for all those latecommers instead of making Detonation, Clawdem etc. Collection files Sega could implement a system where you sacrifice a portion of DB EXP to obtain a copy of the weapon series. Either that or Max level DB will just collect EXP for nothing.

The way I see it, with the current state of the game, it just makes more sense to go with this progression to 15* from the get-go rather than making them solely be drops from an EQ.
And to the point of getting them Day 1, unless the 2019 Badge Exchange has Jutus weapons, there will still be people who won't even be able to do the Atra upgrade because of that Lumiere requirement, and there is the whole RNG aspect of getting Ares, Nemesis, and Slave in the first place. While I don't doubt that many of the "hardcore" players will have their 15*s as soon as the servers go up, for those who don't already have the required weapons, the drop rates are still going to be a hurdle, with the only difference being that it is not just concentrated in a single EQ.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer this method by far over the 0,0000000000001% chance of dropping the new rarity but considering that for the entirety of EP4 and a good chunk of EP5 14* weren't reasonably obtainable and making 15* so soon after making 14* obtainable feels rushed.

Loveless62
Nov 20, 2018, 01:09 PM
It was even worse for 14*s. When Qliphod 13*s were released afterwards (Spring 2017), they were powerful enough to be competitive with most of the 14*s that existed at the time. The 14*s had to be buffed later (November 2017) in order for them to be clearly ahead of Qliphod.

Atmius
Nov 20, 2018, 01:21 PM
In case you didn't notice, this is almost effectively a repeat of 12* weapons all over again. 12* weapons were rare as balls that started out with somewhat unique latents, and never really 'took off' so to speak. by the time there was some real ground gained by them, there were already more 13* weapons(/series) available with fairly generic latents than 12* total. While this wont be immediately the same, the fact that we'll have 3 full 15* series available by the new year before episode 6 even hits? I get the feeling there wont be too many 15* with unique latents.

Dark Mits
Nov 20, 2018, 01:21 PM
The requirements pretty much show that there will be CF revivals, or those weapons will have an additional way to be acquired.

My gripe is that I think the requirements for Lighttrace and Austere-NT are too "cheap". I mean, there is no impact on the pocket of the player, and nothing that could spark the market, as it was the case with Atra. They should have added 150 Platnia/Platdest/Platgrimo, 150 Emerard, and 150 Lambdas in the requirements (and therefore also new upgrades for the relevant crafting materials). [The value 150 was selected to coincide with the 15* rarity]

BloodPuddles
Nov 20, 2018, 01:23 PM
I definitely think it feels too rushed, they gave 14*s a stupid high drop rate during this event to try and transition quickly to 15*. I'd gotten maybe a dozen 13*s and not a single 14* before Elzelion showed up. Now I've gotten 3 Experience Gear, a Phobos TMG, Lavis Cannon, and four eggs as drops. I thought it would stay at 14*s for another year or two, with me hoping really bad that one might drop. It kind of kills the experience knowing in two years there'll be 16* and 15s will be dropping like nothing. I just really hope after this they never buff 15* drops, and when 16* does come it is like the stupidest rare thing ever in a game. Like 1000 hours of grind with a 250% RDR might get you one.

Edit: Also no 16* exchange, exchanges in games were the worst idea ever. It ruins the entire experience of actually getting something rare.

Edit edit: Alright I'm sold, 16*s should all have crazy intricate exchanges like that one. That would be awesome.

Kilich
Nov 20, 2018, 02:04 PM
Imagine a 16*.
Need weapon x and a special ability you get after feeding a unit set from the x series to weapon y, then you transfer the special ability from y to a drop only weapon z, that you need to recycle for a special stone once. And then you can limit break z to get it to +40 with the stone and transform it into 16*.

GHNeko
Nov 20, 2018, 02:41 PM
:wacko:

2 years of 14* weapons and i can count the multiclass 14*s on a single hand..
with fingers left to spare.

finally get something nice like ziren nt and now 15*s are here. thanks a lot sega.

it took a year for sega to boost 14*s to acceptable rates. We've had less than a handful of seasonal 14*s. So really, we only had 14*s as common place for less than a year. around 6 months really

13*s becoming common place and not bullshit took way less than a year. it took a few months then we started getting more frequent 13* introductions, and multi/all class 13*s within a year.

so that's probably why it feels like it's too soon for several people even tho its "par the course" based on technical historical precedents.

either way this sucks for me

Raujinn
Nov 20, 2018, 02:47 PM
Seeing as I got completely skipped over before; what's the deal with Invade NT? I've only seen confirmation of the OT to NT exchange, but no new information on what the Invade NT exchange is gonna be (which as far as I know was not fully revealed unless there was some confusion created by mis-translation here and there)

Tymek
Nov 20, 2018, 02:59 PM
- - Evleda Units Upgrade?.

hahaha

the_importer_
Nov 20, 2018, 03:21 PM
Well, I was waaaaay of the crest exchange for Austere-NT (makes you wonder why they kept giving those every week knowing those crest weapons would be outclassed so fast). That being said, I did predict that there was a good chance that the Austere-NT weapons would be the first 15★, so half a point I guess?Anyway, guess I'll have to start hunting for NT weapons in Ult areas.

Off-topic, what does this mean:
Hero Level 90 Cap is Here!
Equip ★12 Rear & Leg & Arm Units All At +10

We need to equip ★12 units to unlock Lv90?

XrosBlader821
Nov 20, 2018, 03:26 PM
hahaha
Leave me alone. It's the only "We're gonna upgrade it guys we swear" thing Sega hasn't delivered on yet. Seeing how both Lumiere and Invade NT turned into 15* I wouldn't be surprised if they're holding off because Evleda might upgrade into higher rarity units as well.

Yes, it's just requirement to unlock level cap.

the_importer_
Nov 20, 2018, 03:29 PM
Leave me alone. It's the only "We're gonna upgrade it guys we swear" thing Sega hasn't delivered on yet. Seeing how both Lumiere and Invade NT turned into 15* I wouldn't be surprised if they're holding off because Evleda might upgrade into higher rarity units as well.

Yes, it's just requirement to unlock level cap.

If we already unlocked it for Expert back then, will it still count?

Gaylar
Nov 20, 2018, 03:36 PM
hobbyjapan doesn't ship overseas or im retarded and cant find it
can't buy that figure
i want to die

honestly didnt expect them to announce 15* this early, much less three fucking exchanges, i thought it was gonna be like ares ot was on release and wouldnt be coming for another year or more, oh boy time to get ready to reaffix everything again :wacko:
also when are we hearing about that new weapon customization system again? january/feb?

XrosBlader821
Nov 20, 2018, 03:43 PM
also when are we hearing about that new weapon customization system again? january/feb?

They literally shown an Atra being changed into a 1* visually but not functionally. it's coming early december together with Solo UQ, which will drop a pass thats required for the system

rokkuman
Nov 20, 2018, 03:44 PM
So... Kimura and Sakai are stepping back from PSO2 Station, huh
https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/1064884638630334464

Loveless62
Nov 20, 2018, 03:50 PM
I did suspect Austere-NT would be 15*, due to the timing relative to where we are at in Ep.5 and when 13*s/14*s appeared in their respective episodes. However, I made a wrong prediction that you couldn't trade-in for an Austere-NT on day one. Having it cost an Ares-NT is a pretty heavy price, IMO, at least (although I'm not sure what the Invade-NT trade-in will involve), but some players will have the materials available immediately (maybe even me).

What feels fast to me is that, for 15*s, we will be in the "you can have one for this many items" mode, rather than the "rare AF you'll never get one" mode that we started 14*s with.

the_importer_
Nov 20, 2018, 03:51 PM
hobbyjapan doesn't ship overseas or im retarded and cant find it
can't buy that figure
i want to die

honestly didnt expect them to announce 15* this early, much less three fucking exchanges, i thought it was gonna be like ares ot was on release and wouldnt be coming for another year or more, oh boy time to get ready to reaffix everything again :wacko:

See if buyee supports hobbyjapan.

Gaylar
Nov 20, 2018, 04:12 PM
They literally shown an Atra being changed into a 1* visually but not functionally. it's coming early december together with Solo UQ, which will drop a pass thats required for the system

mfw its right there on bumped, i should try reading more sometime
thanks tho

See if buyee supports hobbyjapan.

oh shit it looks like they do, i dont usually buy this stuff so i have no idea what im doing
thanks for that, now to figure out how this works

Reilet
Nov 20, 2018, 04:23 PM
If austere-nt ain’t atleast as good as ares-nt... i don’t see a single reason to get it

WTT> 59 eggs for one drop only 14*

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 20, 2018, 05:49 PM
A much wider selection of S4s with 15* Atra would be nice. A demonia-copy S4 perhaps?

Tymek
Nov 20, 2018, 06:29 PM
Is it just me, or are the lyrics in the Part2 trailer English..? (https://www.pscp.tv/w/1OdKrRkPyeXKX?t=38m51s)

KaizoKage
Nov 20, 2018, 09:18 PM
So... Kimura and Sakai are stepping back from PSO2 Station, huh
https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/1064884638630334464

so..... is this a good thing or a bad thing?

ArcaneTechs
Nov 20, 2018, 09:27 PM
wtf even is this power creep? straight jump to 15*'s to trump literally everything out right now as a nice way to balance out the end of Ep5 essentially anyone farming gear (Zara series) now is going to obviously stay behind some more (im not in that boat so big whoop) and let alone 2 series released at once too to boot with (i think) pots currently unknown but despite that the base power is indication enough along with SSA1-3 Slots to ensure nothing below them will meet them in power. I just dont get it but i welcome the power creep reguardless. ALSO WHERES MUH EVLEDA UNIT UPGRADE + LUMIERE UPGRADES?????? going to be added in some post Ep5 content or something?

ALSO i have to work on FT gear again thanks to this power creep announcement, thanks sega. Ill never take a break from this game again

I swear dude theyre either gonna just completely drop the units or its some bs throwback quest like they did with the Yamato remake but with some obscure raid boss that drops the material or something. this really should have been done by now, hell the materials should have been dropping from the upcoming raid to remedy this too

If austere-nt ain’t atleast as good as ares-nt... i don’t see a single reason to get it

Theyre 15* and already going to have a higher base and SSA1-3 support, Ares NT already preemptively crawling into the trash can

A much wider selection of S4s with 15* Atra would be nice. A demonia-copy S4 perhaps?
I would have loved a new power creep S4 series to end Ep5 but naturally Sega does what they do best and half-assed it by just throwing "EX" on the name and buffing it. I mean if you love some of the Atra designs thats cool but really the new Raid series (or Austere NT) should have been the ones to take over the S4 support.

If this means anything, GU/FI just got stronger and still no reason to drop Atra TMGs. We more ascended Godhood my fellow GU/FI's (and GU/HU's)

If we already unlocked it for Expert back then, will it still count?
Take a sec, use your brain, you already did all this (which really, a vast majority of the community SHOULD have done it by now), why would they do anything different?
>Login
>Go to Title Counter
>Grab Title
>Holy crap Lv90 cap unlocked

so..... is this a good thing or a bad thing?
time to panic....or relax...

Reilet
Nov 20, 2018, 09:55 PM
Theyre 15* and already going to have a higher base and SSA1-3 support, Ares NT already preemptively crawling into the trash can

Power isn't everything.

Ares-NT Sword: 1950
Austere-NT: 2303

That's only 300 atk difference... When Hunters can easily reach above 5k and Hero's can reach 4k. Give or take around 6~10% more damage. Meanwhile, a max boosted Ares-NT gives: +4% damage, 40% attack pp recovery, 30% natural pp recovery, 12% damage reduction, 15% pp cost reduction.

Yeah sure, it's practically impossible to get it to max boost in absurdly short content cough12/12mpascough, but when you compare max Ares-NT to what we know about Austere-NT... it's pretty damn lackluster atm.

TPD sword: 2494
Atra EX: 2411

ArcaneTechs
Nov 20, 2018, 10:04 PM
Power isn't everything.

That's only 300 atk difference... When Hunters can easily reach above 5k and Hero's can reach 4k. Give or take around 6~10% more damage. Meanwhile, a max boosted Ares-NT gives: +4% damage, 40% attack pp recovery, 30% natural pp recovery, 12% damage reduction, 15% pp cost reduction.

Yeah sure, it's practically impossible to get it to max boost in absurdly short content cough12/12mpascough, but when you compare max Ares-NT to what we know about Austere-NT... it's pretty damn lackluster atm.
Base Power + whatever the POT gives +SSA's demolish it and you dont even need to fill the PB gauge TWICE to be at full power. what do you even mean its lackluster???

milranduil
Nov 20, 2018, 10:53 PM
Base Power + whatever the POT gives +SSA's demolish it and you dont even need to fill the PB gauge TWICE to be at full power. what do you even mean its lackluster???

pp management is enormous is longer content e.g. endless. those mean a huge amount for continuous play.

i'm hoping they let you pick 1 of the 3 input weps pots to copy or something so that aus NT can potentially get ares buffs

ArcaneTechs
Nov 21, 2018, 12:28 AM
pp management is enormous is longer content e.g. endless. those mean a huge amount for continuous play.

i'm hoping they let you pick 1 of the 3 input weps pots to copy or something so that aus NT can potentially get ares buffs
ya i suppose but im assuming youre referring to just the PB bonuses being the much needed bonus to this. we're not even sure what the pots are yet but if those offset Ares then i suppose we know whats where in top gear

i mean sorta safe to assume austere nt will have a similar pot to the OT but just a guess

GHNeko
Nov 21, 2018, 02:12 AM
Power isn't everything.

That's only 300 atk difference...

you're forgetting element which boosts the raw attack values and makes the already absurd gap even more ridiculous.

72% boost to a weapons raw attack value is significant lol.

XrosBlader821
Nov 21, 2018, 02:12 AM
Power isn't everything.

TPD sword: 2494
Atra EX: 2411

You really think they're gonna make Austere NT lackluster after hyping it up for a year and requiring you to Grind UQ like stupid? Historically new low base stat weapons meant strong Pot & S1~3 support so I wouldn't be surprised if Austere fits those criteria as well and/or introduces S4/S5 support. We still don't know about the Invade-NT trade route so Sega is still keeping information from us that's probably get shared next Arks Live.

The only weapon I expect to be lackluster is Lightstream because it's almost a freebie but Atra was't really lackluster either so it might be just as good.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 21, 2018, 02:26 AM
You really think they're gonna make Austere NT lackluster after hyping it up for a year and requiring you to Grind UQ like stupid? Historically new low base stat weapons meant strong Pot & S1~3 support so I wouldn't be surprised if Austere fits those criteria as well and/or introduces S4/S5 support. We still don't know about the Invade-NT trade route so Sega is still keeping information from us that's probably get shared next Arks Live.

The only weapon I expect to be lackluster is Lightstream because it's almost a freebie but Atra was't really lackluster either so it might be just as good.
i need the pots man, i need that info so i know what to go for, Austere NT is set for me but if the other series is more appealing.... meanwhile i have to run dragon again for chronos stone again since i wouldnt mind another Atra wep

Reilet
Nov 21, 2018, 03:06 AM
you're forgetting element which boosts the raw attack values and makes the already absurd gap even more ridiculous.

72% boost to a weapons raw attack value is significant lol.

1950 * 1.6 = 3230
2303 * 1.6 = 3684.8
564.8 effective attack difference compared to the previous 353 attack difference. A higher end number means the difference is even smaller (4-5k vs 6-7k)

You really think they're gonna make Austere NT lackluster
It wouldn’t be the first time they did that.

It’s as kril said, I’m starving for more information. But unlike the majority of people, I can’t even make any of the three anytime soon, so technically it doesn’t even matter to me since I wouldn’t be able to get one anyways.

XrosBlader821
Nov 21, 2018, 03:21 AM
i need the pots man, i need that info so i know what to go for, Austere NT is set for me but if the other series is more appealing.... meanwhile i have to run dragon again for chronos stone again since i wouldnt mind another Atra wep

ech Dragon bores the crap out of me nowadays. I hope the Atra Ex weapon will be able to form change just like regular Atra does. I want to just use my Jutus gunslash as fodder and then change it back to a wand after it's 15*. Im literally swimming in Gold material thanks to the demon weapon series dropping more frequently than 12* Nox weapons so the cost wouldn't be an issue.

SteveCZ
Nov 21, 2018, 07:28 AM
I didn't go to the livestream so.. we can use material weapon to our base weapon as a permanent camo is that it? o:
what exactly is material weapon (based on psublog)? does it mean any weapon?

Shoterxx
Nov 21, 2018, 09:33 AM
You can pick any same-class weapon, and use it as fodder to give that look to the host weapon, at the cost of a certain item/pass, if I understood it correctly.

SteveCZ
Nov 21, 2018, 10:13 AM
You can pick any same-class weapon, and use it as fodder to give that look to the host weapon, at the cost of a certain item/pass, if I understood it correctly.

That's awesome! Time to save yas2k, my fave gun. =)

Loveless62
Nov 21, 2018, 10:25 AM
Weapon transmogrification is coming to PSO2! POGGERS

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 22, 2018, 04:49 PM
Weapon transmogrification is coming to PSO2! POGGERS

Is there any confirmation about this system consuming the base weapon entirely? Nyxbel prices basically went up 10x from when I grabbed one, and there's like 3 left.

Loyd Azakuya
Nov 22, 2018, 05:17 PM
Is there any confirmation about this system consuming the base weapon entirely? Nyxbel prices basically went up 10x from when I grabbed one, and there's like 3 left.

No, the weapon don't get consumed
In this menu there are the 2 weapons
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/215678841073434624/514561444172529694/unknown.png
and here (same menu) the weapon is still there
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/215678841073434624/514561544282046484/unknown.png
but Atra is not there anymore, maybe because it already have a weapon appearance and you need to remove it first?

wahahaha
Nov 22, 2018, 05:22 PM
-

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/368664503430283265/509596737267302402/1541566410866.png

tl;dr +10 OT, +35 NT

[spoiler-box]『武器フォーム変更』について
text0001: アイテムラボで「武器フォーム変更」を選択することで武器の外見を変更することができます。武器の外見は外 見として使用する武器武器迷彩の外見が適用されます。外見として使用した武器がフォトンカラー変更に対応し ていた場合「武器フォーム変更」した武器を選択することでフォトンカラーを変更することができ ます。
text0002: 武器の外見を変更するには以下のアイテムが必要となります。・ベースとなる武器・外見として使用する武器、 武器迷彩・武器フォーム変更パス・メセタ※ベース、外見として使用する武器は強化値を・新世武器「+35」 ・旧式武器「+10」に強化する必要があります。
text0003: 外見として使用する武器武器迷彩は消滅しませんが外見を変更するとベースアイテムと外見に使用したアイテム 両方がトレードやマイショップの出品アイテムとして選択できなくなります。
text0004: 武器フォーム変更の解除を行うことで変更された武器の外見を元に戻すこともできます。※解除するとベースと なった武器のみフォトンカラーがリセットされ基本カラーに戻ります。また、ベースアイテムと外見に使用した アイテム両方がトレードやマイショップの出品アイテムとして選択できなくなります。その際、メセタやアイテ ムは消費されません。[/spoiler-box]

ArcaneTechs
Nov 22, 2018, 07:32 PM
rip to anyone whos trying to buy weapons that looked good that are now 2x-10x their normal price. should have snagged them weeks ago

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 22, 2018, 07:38 PM
That's awesome! Time to save yas2k, my fave gun. =)

Imma let you finish, but Nyxbel is better

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/HqyNkVe.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

rip to anyone whos trying to buy weapons that looked good that are now 2x-10x their normal price. should have snagged them weeks ago

Grabbed mine for 400k just days ago. Last I saw, there's only 3 left starting at 4mil on ship 2.

SteveCZ
Nov 22, 2018, 08:03 PM
Imma let you finish, but Nyxbel is better.

Sorry to disappoint you but, nothing beats yas2k. =)

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/c8hkfIj.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Anyway I didn't need to buy it though, but last time I checked, there were a few priced around 250k - 500k a few hours after the livestream.

So I guess we got a new business opening up. Selling farmable camos! :lol:

Moffen
Nov 22, 2018, 08:10 PM
I have an M25SE and a Firearms rifle that have been dying to be used as camos for the longest time.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 22, 2018, 08:15 PM
Imma let you finish, but Nyxbel is better

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/HqyNkVe.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Grabbed mine for 400k just days ago. Last I saw, there's only 3 left starting at 4mil on ship 2.
i spent 15mill on all the weps i liked for looks so im set to go. thanks to this system though i have a use for my Double Cannon that PI dropped for me years ago

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 22, 2018, 09:24 PM
Sorry to disappoint you but, nothing beats yas2k. =)

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/c8hkfIj.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Anyway I didn't need to buy it though, but last time I checked, there were a few priced around 250k - 500k a few hours after the livestream.

So I guess we got a new business opening up. Selling farmable camos! :lol:

Those were 200k around the time I picked up Nyxbel for 400k.

SteveCZ
Nov 22, 2018, 09:35 PM
Those were 200k around the time I picked up Nyxbel for 400k.

I'm in ship 4 though, not sure how much it is now in ship 2. anyway rip good looking weapons. :lol:

final_attack
Nov 22, 2018, 10:24 PM
No love for WalkureR25S ? :(

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/JorRbM1.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Now, I wonder how hard it is to get the item .... :(
Also, does the weapon consumed forever, or just temporary disappear from inventory (can get it back by reverting or changing to other weapon) :(

Though before that, finding JutisTmg still take priority for me TwT

ArcaneTechs
Nov 22, 2018, 10:37 PM
its been said before, you dont permanently lose the weapon and its reverseable for the transmog process

final_attack
Nov 22, 2018, 10:47 PM
its been said before, you dont permanently lose the weapon and its reverseable for the transmog process

Ah, I see .... good to know then, I can use my old affixed WalkureR25S _(:3」
Thanks!

TakemiShinnosuke
Nov 23, 2018, 12:38 AM
thats for a single weapon transmog....
what about mutli weapon like hero's 3 in 1

ArcaneTechs
Nov 23, 2018, 01:25 AM
thats for a single weapon transmog....
what about mutli weapon like hero's 3 in 1
i dont know about this yet, ive heard from a few people that youre allowed to equip a transmog to each weapon with how that new system works but i wont really know until release or some other stream

SteveCZ
Nov 23, 2018, 02:33 AM
No love for WalkureR25S ? :(

I like it but the supressor. Besides, it's a fodder. :lol:

Edit: Just remembered there's a non-S version of it. o:

XrosBlader821
Nov 24, 2018, 07:06 PM
A Japanese player pointed this out but is this a Atra Ex Category change function, just like regular Atra?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DszkzAQU0AA8aux.jpg:large

I can't figure out the 2 Kaji in the middle but what I could piece together seems to suggest that this is the case.

SteveCZ
Nov 24, 2018, 08:20 PM
A Japanese player pointed this out but is this a Atra Ex Category change function, just like regular Atra?

I can't figure out the 2 Kaji in the middle but what I could piece together seems to suggest that this is the case.

Grain of salt I'm newbie. I think that's weapon (buki).

Bellion
Nov 24, 2018, 08:29 PM
"Ix series weapon category change", so most likely.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 24, 2018, 08:49 PM

"EX Series Upgrade" i ku su --- eeksu

Suirano
Nov 25, 2018, 01:35 AM
Oh lordy I am glad to see that is still a thing. Trying to +35 a Jutus JB has been taking forever cause another one will not drop. I am glad I can just change my Atra JB to DB and use it and my Lumiere to make an Atra EX DB and change it back to JB.

XrosBlader821
Nov 25, 2018, 03:21 AM
Oh thank god.

Oh lordy I am glad to see that is still a thing. Trying to +35 a Jutus JB has been taking forever cause another one will not drop. I am glad I can just change my Atra JB to DB and use it and my Lumiere to make an Atra EX DB and change it back to JB.

Im in the same boat. I have not one but two Jutus +35 Gunslashes and not a single Jutus Wand.So im gonna just swap my Atra category around a few times and get my Atra Ex 15* day one.

Cyber Meteor
Nov 25, 2018, 04:13 AM
Hey! on the pic you posted there's also a Lightstream category change :D (it's the 2nd option). And yeah for EX it's category change, there's the katakana for "ka-te-go-ri" after the 2 kanjis you couldn't figure out, those 2 just mean "weapon" and you can find them also at the end od the DaB weapons name in "Profound to Celestial" upgrade window

XrosBlader821
Nov 29, 2018, 12:03 PM
So on december 1st is gonna be Arks Live. I wonder what kind of questions Sega will blatantly ignore to tell us how totally not boring Dark Falz Persona is gonna be and how they're combating people relying too much on Light Weapons by introducing a boss that changes elemental weakness based on the Falz mask, except Light is the only constant element.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 29, 2018, 09:47 PM
So on december 1st is gonna be Arks Live. I wonder what kind of questions Sega will blatantly ignore to tell us how totally not boring Dark Falz Persona is gonna be and how they're combating people relying too much on Light Weapons by introducing a boss that changes elemental weakness based on the Falz mask, except Light is the only constant element.
i need those unit stats bruh

XrosBlader821
Nov 30, 2018, 09:15 AM
i need those unit stats bruh

as per usual we're gonna get at best a vague idea of the weapon potentials. No concrete numbers.

final_attack
Dec 1, 2018, 07:41 AM
Btw, anyone saw the live stream?

Was wondering if there is a mention regarding material for Austere / Atra / new one .....
Do they will got buffed via boost event (Nemesis, Slave, Jutis, Ares) .... or getting Collection File treatment?

RefrainDP
Dec 1, 2018, 08:15 AM
Btw, anyone saw the live stream?

Was wondering if there is a mention regarding material for Austere / Atra / new one .....
Do they will got buffed via boost event (Nemesis, Slave, Jutis, Ares) .... or getting Collection File treatment?

It actually just started. I don't know why it started 2 hours later.

final_attack
Dec 1, 2018, 08:16 AM
It actually just started. I don't know why it started 2 hours later.

Oh, it's the "One More" ..... there's another live stream just before this one (not on Youtube, via Periscope or something, I think).

XrosBlader821
Dec 1, 2018, 10:18 AM
some things that jump out at me as interesting:
- Seasonal Launcher seems to be a Zero Range weapon... ona long range class, sega game design!
- 14* CF don't expire, +30 Grind cap, apparently will add more weapons over time but you can only collect 1 at a time
- Solo UQ also drops class cubes and you can select the level you were last defeated at when re-trying the quest
- DF Persona chooses 2 masks each time the Quest happens. It's the same 2 masks for the entire ship
- Invade NT and Austere OT are interchangeable for Austere NT
- Lightstream 15*
-- S1~3
-- 10% Damage
-- When PP is below a certain level, PP recovery and Damage dealt increases for a certain amount of time. This Skill has a recast time.
- Atra EX 15*
-- S1~4
-- 10% Damage
-- Additionally it has the Lumiere Potential
- Austere NT 15*
-- S1~3
-- has 3 Potentials to choose from
--- Ares NT
--- Slave NT
--- Nemesis NT
- No CF planned for the 15* weapon Material.
- Atra EX and Lightstream Category change still require Gold- Items
- Austere NT has a Weapon + Legs and Arm + Rear Set effect
- 14* Eggs and parfait recycling will be added on dec 19th
- Second time stone chronos title will be implemented in feburary
- Persona Raid Area is threated as Arks Fleet (hint to the Time ability crafters)

as per usual we're gonna get at best a vague idea of the weapon potentials. No concrete numbers.

I stand corrected.

final_attack
Dec 1, 2018, 10:47 AM
I think I heard something about Premium being easier to earn CF .... if I'm not mistaken .....
That pile bunker launcher ... wasn't that can be equipped by Gu (if I didn't hear it wrong tho).

Not even a boost event for materials? (I still need those Jutis, I didn't see anyone playing on there too) ;w;

Also, tweet I saw (https://twitter.com/_TUKA_/status/1068839000088039424) .... +35, 60 ele for special collection sheet?
Doesn't seems to matter anymore, with ☆15being locked behind rng + dead map. R.I.P.

Anduril
Dec 1, 2018, 10:50 AM
Not even a boost event for materials? (I still need those Jutis, I didn't see anyone playing on there too) ;w;

From bumped:

The Above Mentioned Requirement Materials

They understand that it’s quite difficult to obtain those weapons in the requirements, so there’s going to be campaign quest at the end of the year along with a New Year’s event to make it easier for people to get them.

XrosBlader821
Dec 1, 2018, 10:51 AM
I think I heard something about Premium being easier to earn CF .... if I'm not mistaken .....
That pile bunker launcher ... wasn't that can be equipped by Gu (if I didn't hear it wrong tho).

Also, tweet I saw (https://twitter.com/_TUKA_/status/1068839000088039424) .... +35, 60 ele for special collection sheet?

apparently there will be a boost event in the future but it'll be just more RNG garbage. I only picked stuff I found interesting after all.

According to where I got this info from the Grind cap will be 30 not 35 but yeah premium players are faster at completing them (which probably means they are EVEN faster because they're faster through the 50% premium tri boost by default)

final_attack
Dec 1, 2018, 10:53 AM
Ah, I see .... didn't see that on bumped. Was refreshing things on there, but doesn't seems to be any info before I post it here .....

Thanks.

Gonna pray for that rng on New Year ;w;

SteveCZ
Dec 1, 2018, 11:03 AM
Wait... what does this mean? "The [design item] can be a Weapon Camo if you want."

Does that mean I can pick just the sword camo of the lux frieden and have something else for say tmg and talis without lux overriding them? O:!!!!!

Solo Ultimate Quest - "Can be cleared up to 5 times a day."
Shit.

XrosBlader821
Dec 1, 2018, 11:07 AM
Wait... what does this mean? "The [design item] can be a Weapon Camo if you want."

Does that mean I can pick just the sword camo of the lux frieden and have something else for say tmg and talis without lux overriding them? O:!!!!!

Yes. This is actually really neat. I only expected this system to be about Weapons, not just camo.
Also one weapon form change pass costs 150 weapon form change vouchers
Apparently you get 160 vouchers by getting the title on 2 classes so it's safe to assume you get 80 vouchers per class title

Lyrise
Dec 1, 2018, 11:37 AM
Just remember that your both your base weapon and the weapon or camo used as the model will be locked as soon as you use it for this, so no, you don't get to buy a weapon or camo, transform your weapon, and resell it or the model.

KaizoKage
Dec 1, 2018, 11:44 AM
Im excited for that weapon camo thing, I can finally change my Kunckes into a Zamlion so I can match it with my Einzam costume

XrosBlader821
Dec 1, 2018, 11:44 AM
Just remember that your both your base weapon and the weapon or camo used as the model will be locked as soon as you use it for this, so no, you don't get to buy a weapon or camo, transform your weapon, and resell it or the model.

That's fine. I'd need to keep it to re-apply for future weapons anyway.

the_importer_
Dec 1, 2018, 11:55 AM
While we don't know the full stats of these new 15★ weapons, based on what we know, which line do you think will be the best: Austere-NT, Atra EX or Lightstream Xion and please state why?

XrosBlader821
Dec 1, 2018, 12:05 PM
While we don't know the full stats of these new 15★ weapons, based on what we know, which line do you think will be the best: Austere-NT, Atra EX or Lightstream Xion and please state why?

For Force I'd say both Austere and Atra have good use.

Assuming the Nemesis Pot is unaltered (and given Austere NT has lower base stats than atra and Lightstream it probably is the case)
Increase damage dealt by 17%. Generates a barrier (-40% Damage Taken, 20% PP Cost Reduction) at regular intervals (every 30s).

I think this is self explanatory. There is also the Ares NT pot which also can stack up into some great buffs in long form content. Additionally you get a Set effect, which might be garbage but who knows. Austere 12* units might be the first 12* to be undeniably superior to 11* Units.

Atra obviously has the S4 advantage. Photon Flare cooldown reduction is a pretty decent incentive to get it and Force's Squishyness is slightly mittigated by the Lumiere Potential.

Me personally Im getting Atra Wand. Higher attack speed, better stats (further inflated by wand reator), something to keep me safe as a Te/Fi, It's too good of a deal.

The only Weapon im still not too hot about is Lightstream. With materials like these I at least expected them to give it a universal DB duration extending effect.

Zephyrion
Dec 1, 2018, 12:13 PM
For Force I'd say both Austere and Atra have good use.

Assuming the Nemesis Pot is unaltered (and given Austere NT has lower base stats than atra and Lightstream it probably is the case)
Increase damage dealt by 17%. Generates a barrier (-40% Damage Taken, 20% PP Cost Reduction) at regular intervals (every 30s).

I think this is self explanatory. There is also the Ares NT pot which also can stack up into some great buffs in long form content. Additionally you get a Set effect, which might be garbage but who knows. Austere 12* units might be the first 12* to be undeniably superior to 11* Units.

Atra obviously has the S4 advantage. Photon Flare cooldown reduction is a pretty decent incentive to get it and Force's Squishyness is slightly mittigated by the Lumiere Potential.

Me personally Im getting Atra Wand. Higher attack speed, better stats (further inflated by wand reator), something to keep me safe as a Te/Fi, It's too good of a deal.

The only Weapon im still not too hot about is Lightstream. With materials like these I at least expected them to give it a universal DB duration extending effect.

my guess is the DB pot will be the weapon's first upgrade, and the Amphitrite stone will completely change the pot. just my two cents on this tho

SteveCZ
Dec 1, 2018, 12:57 PM
Yes. This is actually really neat. I only expected this system to be about Weapons, not just camo.
Also one weapon form change pass costs 150 weapon form change vouchers
Apparently you get 160 vouchers by getting the title on 2 classes so it's safe to assume you get 80 vouchers per class title

Me too, I didn't expect camo to be part of it. 160 vouchers? nicee...

Gotta lock that Sword of Promised Victory!

Masu
Dec 1, 2018, 01:18 PM
No one is bugged by the fact Atra EX is 10% dmg buff while non EX (also Lumiere) are 12%? :argh:

Edit: Nvm. Don't know why I wanted Atra to be 12% 0.o

Aaaaaaanyway. Atra EX rod day one for me :wacko:

SteveCZ
Dec 1, 2018, 01:38 PM
No one is bugged by the fact Atra EX is 10% dmg buff while non EX (also Lumiere) are 12%? :argh:

Edit: Nvm. Don't know why I wanted Atra to be 12% 0.o

Aaaaaaanyway. Atra EX rod day one for me :wacko:

Is it mentioned how big the weapon raw atk is? maybe it's way high, not sure.

XrosBlader821
Dec 1, 2018, 02:24 PM
Is it mentioned how big the weapon raw atk is? maybe it's way high, not sure.

You can run the Youtube VOD of the stream at 0.5 speed and pause when Zieg Menu's pop up
Lightstream and Atra EX Sword has around 2500 S-ATK
Austere NT Sword has around 2300 S-ATK (this is mitigated by having pots with higher % Damage tho)

BloodPuddles
Dec 1, 2018, 06:30 PM
Lol I was just wondering about that too, I didn't know the streams were viewable after. Good idea, thanks.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 2, 2018, 12:26 AM
- Lightstream 15*
-- S1~3
-- 10% Damage
-- When PP is below a certain level, PP recovery and Damage dealt increases for a certain amount of time. This Skill has a recast time.

so im forced to spend PP to get that dmg boost huh, really gonna have to give this some thought, i hate Blackheart/Reverse BH stuff so idk about this yet

- Atra EX 15*
-- S1~4
-- 10% Damage
-- Additionally it has the Lumiere Potential
not bad, cant really complain about this

- Austere NT 15*
-- S1~3
-- has 3 Potentials to choose from
--- Ares NT
--- Slave NT
--- Nemesis NT
ah great, idk between Slave or Nem for this, both are good. I suppose swapping out the pot for Ares at anytime via Dudu is good for endless quest. going to be a real thinker here

i swear if they revamp dragon im going to flip the nearest table near me since these lazy asses cant fix Dragons current hitboxes still since release

XrosBlader821
Dec 2, 2018, 12:36 AM
i swear if they revamp dragon im going to flip the nearest table near me since these lazy asses cant fix Dragons current hitboxes still since release

I was suspecting Dragon might get the Yamato treatment even before this Chronos Stone announcement. Newer Demons will probably be added so Dragon not only would drop its 14*, Evleda, Val and Demon weapons but also Jutus and maybe Omega Elder, Omega Loser, Omega Apprentice and Omega Double 14* weapons. Similarly to how Yamato dropped all EP4 raid 14* weapons

ArcaneTechs
Dec 2, 2018, 12:49 AM
I was suspecting Dragon might get the Yamato treatment even before this Chronos Stone announcement. Newer Demons will probably be added so Dragon not only would drop its 14*, Evleda, Val and Demon weapons but also Jutus and maybe Omega Elder, Omega Loser, Omega Apprentice and Omega Double 14* weapons. Similarly to how Yamato dropped all EP4 raid 14* weapons
Evelda units upgrade in Feb right when the best unit set is going to be out in a few weeks with almost no reason to jump units for a very long time again, what is sega thinking

Kilich
Dec 2, 2018, 02:00 AM
2500 att seems like too much, unless they introduce a new difficulty. That's easy 4k att.

final_attack
Dec 2, 2018, 02:17 AM
Oh btw, did they said anything about material for AtraEx weapon type change?

By sheer luck, I got JutisBow twice (all while playing Gu as always), making it +35 ...
so I guess I'll change from AtraTmg -> AtraBow -> upgrade to AtraExBow -> AtraExTmg .... That the steps, right?

I assume it'll be the same as normal Atra? o-o

Still not gonna support them with this drop only + non-trade policy + same type for material things :( Getting this felt like I just escaped a hell called "good rng or no weapon for you"

Dark Mits
Dec 2, 2018, 03:25 AM
Evelda units upgrade in Feb right when the best unit set is going to be out in a few weeks with almost no reason to jump units for a very long time again, what is sega thinkingWait, what unit set?

Flaoc
Dec 2, 2018, 03:41 AM
austere 12* units

ArcaneTechs
Dec 2, 2018, 03:51 AM
Wait, what unit set?
ya austere, aka youre set for several more years since they have another set bonus again and be the top units again.
THANKS SEGA, INNOVATION AT ITS FINEST

SteveCZ
Dec 2, 2018, 03:55 AM
I remember some people who actually stick to Austere sets for quite long they don't use anything else. I can imagine how rewarding the update to them I guess.

You can run the Youtube VOD of the stream at 0.5 speed and pause when Zieg Menu's pop up
Lightstream and Atra EX Sword has around 2500 S-ATK
Austere NT Sword has around 2300 S-ATK (this is mitigated by having pots with higher % Damage tho)

Whew that's huge...

XrosBlader821
Dec 2, 2018, 05:33 AM
Oh btw, did they said anything about material for AtraEx weapon type change?

By sheer luck, I got JutisBow twice (all while playing Gu as always), making it +35 ...
so I guess I'll change from AtraTmg -> AtraBow -> upgrade to AtraExBow -> AtraExTmg .... That the steps, right?

I assume it'll be the same as normal Atra? o-o

Still not gonna support them with this drop only + non-trade policy + same type for material things :( Getting this felt like I just escaped a hell called "good rng or no weapon for you"

They have only said that Gold- Items will still be required but they didn't specify if they're gonna add more required items to the exchange thingy. Either way congrats on escaping Hell. May the 15* be with you.

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 2, 2018, 08:00 AM
Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post

What do you mean? another chronos stone gonna pop for free?

doesn't that mean we will have 2 atra's by then still which also translates to two 15* Lumi's?

XrosBlader821
Dec 2, 2018, 12:29 PM
Come to think of it, Sega already said that they planned to release another Solo Trigger EQ and the Demon Weapons already have a Ability that mirrors that of Solo PD Trigger... perhaps it'll be a Solo Dragon Rematch trigger and the new title is tied to that? Evleda Boosters as additional drop alongside a proper Lumiere weapon Upgrade?

What do you mean? another chronos stone gonna pop for free?

doesn't that mean we will have 2 atra's by then still which also translates to two 15* Lumi's?

Yes and Yes

ArcaneTechs
Dec 2, 2018, 03:25 PM
Come to think of it, Sega already said that they planned to release another Solo Trigger EQ and the Demon Weapons already have a Ability that mirrors that of Solo PD Trigger... perhaps it'll be a Solo Dragon Rematch trigger and the new title is tied to that? Evleda Boosters as additional drop alongside a proper Lumiere weapon Upgrade?

it hurts knowing full well its going in this direction

Cyber Meteor
Dec 2, 2018, 04:16 PM
So the 2nd chronos stone given by title will be based on the number fo title you got, so you'll need at least 1100 titles (if not more) to get the second chronos stone, not sure it's really "free" for many ppl :p

Source : http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-26-recap/

the demon weapons only works in the Atrum rematch and wouldn't work in a solo trigger version of it, as it would have a different name. Anyway, we're getting a buffed raid boss soon after DF Persona EQ and New Year LQ, the question is will the solo trigger be a different EQ than the boosted raid boss? i somehow bet on solo trigg to be Guides of Creation, while boosted raid boss would be dragon, mostly because of the S4 capsules and that Guides of creation is 2 bosses only; like solo PD, no short mobbing part that would just get in the way for a solo version xD

XrosBlader821
Dec 2, 2018, 04:18 PM
So the 2nd chronos stone given by title will be based on the number fo title you got, so you'll need at least 1100 titles (if not more) to get the second chronos stone, not sure it's really "free" for many ppl :p

Source? Nvm found it. Welp there still will be something Omega related soon since we still got no Evleda unit upgrades.

Cyber Meteor
Dec 2, 2018, 04:25 PM
i updated the post with the source, it was on bumped since yesterday though

XrosBlader821
Dec 2, 2018, 04:30 PM
the demon weapons only works in the Atrum rematch and wouldn't work in a solo trigger version of it, as it would have a different name. Anyway, we're getting a buffed raid boss soon after DF Persona EQ and New Year LQ, the question is will the solo trigger be a different EQ than the boosted raid boss? i somehow bet on solo trigg to be Guides of Creation, while boosted raid boss would be dragon, mostly because of the S4 capsules and that Guides of creation is 2 bosses only; like solo PD, no short mobbing part that would just get in the way for a solo version xD

Solo Dragon could still just start right after the mobbing phase and the pot could be changed retroactively so I don't really see that as strong arguments against. I also see Mama-Desu EQ as a mirroring of Profound Invasion, which we never got a Solo Trigger of.

i updated the post with the source, it was on bumped since yesterday though

I don't get my Info from Bumped on these Livestreams anymore. My original source had that Title info too I must've overlooked it back when I first wrote my post yesterday.

Zephyrion
Dec 3, 2018, 07:16 AM

Source : http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-26-recap/

or they could just use Atrum as the solo version of the boss, which already has all the better mechanics for a solo trigger (weapons designed to beat it, Laconium having a cooldown after use to avoid being abusable). And yeah just get rid of mobbing/cannon phase straight into the actual boss

I'd still rather get solo Shin Dark Falz or solo Loser but one can always dream

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 3, 2018, 11:39 PM
mid december would be the level 90 cap.. but mid is 12 or 19th ??

Loyd Azakuya
Dec 4, 2018, 12:59 AM
mid december would be the level 90 cap.. but mid is 12 or 19th ??

I think is 19th
This week update is UQ Elga Masquerade, so that means the next update is in Dec. 19
There is usually a period of 2 weeks between each update when they add things, there are times when not, but the normal is 2 weeks

Tymek
Dec 4, 2018, 03:02 AM
I think is 19th
This week update is UQ Elga Masquerade, so that means the next update is in Dec. 19
There is usually a period of 2 weeks between each update when they add things, there are times when not, but the normal is 2 weeks

We're also getting ARKS Battlewear Select II next week.

XrosBlader821
Dec 4, 2018, 03:17 AM
We're also getting ARKS Battlewear Select II next week.

Yeah
Dec 5th Solo UQ & Seasonal
Dec 12th SG scratch
Dec 19th DF Persona, 15* weapons & Level 90

final_attack
Dec 4, 2018, 03:38 AM
So, reaction for new weapons?
Sega posted on official site (thanks, Mil) :D

Xion (http://pso2.jp/players/news/how_to_rarity15_1/) ..... #1 AtkStat + 10% + additional power from gimmick
AtraEx (http://pso2.jp/players/news/how_to_rarity15_2/) ..... #2 AtkStat + 10% + 1x auto-revive?
Austere (http://pso2.jp/players/news/how_to_rarity15_3/) ..... #3 AtkStat + 9% (Nem/Slave) / unknown % for Ares

As far as Tmg goes, their attack is :
2322 (Xion)
2242 (AtraEx)
2139 (Austere)

Edit : I forgot about set stats for Austere (I didn't find it on site).
So, might want to look at that once the weapon got implemented.
Thanks for mentioning, Kril

ArcaneTechs
Dec 4, 2018, 03:47 AM
So, reaction for new weapons?
Sega posted on official site (thanks, Mil) :D

Xion series (http://pso2.jp/players/news/how_to_rarity15_1/) Highest raw + 10% + additional power from gimmick
AtraEx (http://pso2.jp/players/news/how_to_rarity15_2/) 2nd Highest raw + 10% + 1x auto-revive?
Austere (http://pso2.jp/players/news/how_to_rarity15_3/) 3rd Highest raw + 9% (Nem/Slave) / unknown % for Ares

Raw power wise .... seems to be Xion > AtraEx > Austere (looking at tmg being 2322 Xion / 2242 AtraEx / 2139 Austere) .....
Austere's pot (Nem/Slave) reduced to 9% instead.
id like to think Austere would win with the unit set bonus but im not sure, im really iffy about all 3 of these, they all seem a bit too good

final_attack
Dec 4, 2018, 03:52 AM
id like to think Austere would win with the unit set bonus but im not sure, im really iffy about all 3 of these, they all seem a bit too good

Oh right, I forgot about the set bonus .... ^^;
But then, it might also force people to use the complete (or just leg + weapon?), if they want to use Austere ....

Well, exact bonus will have to wait tho _(:3」

ArcaneTechs
Dec 4, 2018, 04:21 AM
Oh right, I forgot about the set bonus .... ^^;
But then, it might also force people to use the complete (or just leg + weapon?), if they want to use Austere ....

Well, exact bonus will have to wait tho _(:3」
well you dont have to but its recommend, Xion weps seem like top dog amongst the series but austere has several good pots to pick from with unit bonuses for extra dmg and Atra EX is well buffed but maybe 3rd place?

milranduil
Dec 4, 2018, 04:35 AM
don't be deceived, these lowered numbers on austere make them trash. unless the set bonus is absurd like 200atk or some % dmg increase, they are trash. im so glad i farmed for hours to make aus NT at end of year only for them to be complete shit.

final_attack
Dec 4, 2018, 05:09 AM
well you dont have to but its recommend, Xion weps seem like top dog amongst the series but austere has several good pots to pick from with unit bonuses for extra dmg and Atra EX is well buffed but maybe 3rd place?

Well, there's still S4 from Atra (still useful for some classes, I think) ..... and it's probably about 2%~3% (from atk stat, and additional % from gimmick) lower compared to Xion ....

I'd say Xion and Atra about tied, since it'll be about personal preference (better QoL(?), less damage vs higher damage, + additional damage from gimmick) .....
Austere will have to wait until all things related to it uncovered (set bonus, exact % for Ares pot, etc)

Could be same goodness between all 3 weapons, just depends on preferences ....

Well, let's wait till it's implemented ^ヮ^

XrosBlader821
Dec 4, 2018, 05:09 AM
But Austere 12* Units use a dual set effect system. Even if Austere NT + all 3 units give amazing 2 seteffects... the other 2 weapons can simply use the rear + Arms Set effect for austere Units, unless the Weapon + Leg set effect is way stronger.

Reilet
Dec 4, 2018, 05:15 AM
[spoiler-box]https://i.imgur.com/ex1Vp7I.png
yes it was taken from phone. Fight me[/spoiler-box]

It’s not looking so hot for austere. I also don’t think the ares pot will be much higher than the other ones either. Looking damn good for the light trace (xion) weaps tho.

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 4, 2018, 09:02 AM
Well, there's still S4 from Atra (still useful for some classes, I think) ..... and it's probably about 2%~3% (from atk stat, and additional % from gimmick) lower compared to Xion ....

I'd say Xion and Atra about tied, since it'll be about personal preference (better QoL(?), less damage vs higher damage, + additional damage from gimmick) .....
Austere will have to wait until all things related to it uncovered (set bonus, exact % for Ares pot, etc)

Could be same goodness between all 3 weapons, just depends on preferences ....

Well, let's wait till it's implemented ^ヮ^

As long there is an S4 = win ,, for me I need that S4 slot so I can put in the ATRA dual blade S4

Spellbinder
Dec 4, 2018, 09:44 AM
All that farming and no Austere takt... I think I need to lie down.

milranduil
Dec 4, 2018, 10:01 AM
As long there is an S4 = win ,, for me I need that S4 slot so I can put in the ATRA dual blade S4

what.

Dugs
Dec 4, 2018, 10:54 AM
don't be deceived, these lowered numbers on austere make them trash. unless the set bonus is absurd like 200atk or some % dmg increase, they are trash. im so glad i farmed for hours to make aus NT at end of year only for them to be complete shit.

Wow, yeah, sure. I mean it's not like it's still one of the strongest weapon types in the game, beaten only by other 15* weapons introduced along with it! One of which requires an entire list of new things to get and the other is limited to an absurdly rare drop and two from titles!

And as shown by that DPS chart, the only other weapons that match it with it's barrier pot is a weapon series which requires you to STOP ATTACKING and one with a pot that Austere HAS AS WELL.

I mean, clearly this weapon is the worst thing ever and we should all use 1* gunslashes now. Because those are better, right?

Or you could be absolutely filled with hyperbole and we should really just ignore you.

Youmu Konpaku
Dec 4, 2018, 10:59 AM
[spoiler-box]https://i.imgur.com/ex1Vp7I.png
yes it was taken from phone. Fight me[/spoiler-box]

It’s not looking so hot for austere. I also don’t think the ares pot will be much higher than the other ones either. Looking damn good for the light trace (xion) weaps tho.

it seems if we got phobos, we can ignore austere-nt for a while, not really much power gain from those. i expected austere-nt to be almost the same level as lightstream, but it that was ... well not worth it.

and from here we learn again, anything that supposed to be a remake items, will be trash. (looking at you evleda upgrade unit)

i don't expect ares pot will be higher, look at nemesis from 17% become 9%.

Flaoc
Dec 4, 2018, 11:22 AM
nah phobos is trash wep.. incredibly inconsistent and ares needs its pb active but this is still disappointing to say the least.. still 3rd best

Ahri
Dec 4, 2018, 11:48 AM
nah phobos is trash wep.. incredibly inconsistent and ares needs its pb active but this is still disappointing to say the least.. still 3rd best

I think someone lacks luck or hands to call trash the Phobos wpn.

Zephyrion
Dec 4, 2018, 12:12 PM
I think someone lacks luck or hands to call trash the Phobos wpn.

I'd just get a middle ground here and say it's highly dependent on weapon type.
Phobos Sword on Hero is incredibly strong, because techs and Weapon action auto-sheathe it and contribute to the 2 seconds buildup.
Phobos Talis on Force is really"...meh" because it involves you stopping from attacking altogether for 2 seconds to then redeploy your Talis to only then start dealing damage, where other Talis just can keep the damage piling on. It's generally terrible for FO to ever sheathe their weapons anyway since you should be dashing around with techs and endlessly spamming offensive techs when you don't need to move around, for as long as your PP allows it. and when you don't have enough...you're probably switching to Orbit or a Spirited Response weapon sooo.

I also wouldn't say Austere is trash either, but it's more like the (for now) very steep requirement give for a result that's a bit underwhelming ? Then again I think it's largely due to expectations of Austere being an absolute BiS due to how OT was. I do think the Lightstream series, for all the convoluted grind it require from you, will be the actual EP5 "Austere"

milranduil
Dec 4, 2018, 12:12 PM
Wow, yeah, sure. I mean it's not like it's still one of the strongest weapon types in the game, beaten only by other 15* weapons introduced along with it! One of which requires an entire list of new things to get and the other is limited to an absurdly rare drop and two from titles!

And as shown by that DPS chart, the only other weapons that match it with it's barrier pot is a weapon series which requires you to STOP ATTACKING and one with a pot that Austere HAS AS WELL.

I mean, clearly this weapon is the worst thing ever and we should all use 1* gunslashes now. Because those are better, right?

Or you could be absolutely filled with hyperbole and we should really just ignore you.

here's a relative damage calc, so that you can understand

ares katana - 1000 damage
aus NT katana with ares pot which requires ares katana, nemesis katana, slave katana, invade katana - 1010 damage

you are trading a nemesis, slave, invade for an extra 1% damage on your ares katana. that's why it's trash.

I'd just get a middle ground here and say it's highly dependent on weapon type.
Phobos Sword on Hero is incredibly strong, because techs and Weapon action auto-sheathe it and contribute to the 2 seconds buildup.
Phobos Talis on Sword is really"...meh" because it involves you stopping from attacking altogether for 2 seconds to then redeploy your Talis to only then start dealing damage, where other Talis just can keep the damage piling on.

I also wouldn't say Austere is trash either, but it's more like the (for now) very steep requirement give for a result that's a bit underwhelming ? Then again I think it's largely due to expectations of Austere being an absolute BiS due to how OT was. I do think the Lightstream series, for all the convoluted grind it require from you, will be the actual EP5 "Austere"

people seem to be missing the bigger picture here. old austere was farmable and BiS. xion weps are not farmable, you can't fill your classes out.

Zephyrion
Dec 4, 2018, 12:31 PM
here's a relative damage calc, so that you can understand

people seem to be missing the bigger picture here. old austere was farmable and BiS. xion weps are not farmable, you can't fill your classes out.

Fair enough. Hopefully they buff Austere a wee bit to make it decent. I was kind of surprised too they only give 9% with Neme/Slave potential. at least they could have made it 12 to make the weapon decent, and it would have fit nicely with OT being a 12% pot.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 4, 2018, 12:31 PM
so the 15*'s series wars has begun but from what my friend told me about the math last night, i think its:

Xion>Atra EX>Austere NT now correct?

this is pretty laughable, all this farming and hush hush on Austere NT only to not be the top or at least 2nd place by not much is pretty hilarious, what the hell do i even do with the materials now???

echofaith
Dec 4, 2018, 12:32 PM
I didnt expect Austere to be the top dog for this ep, but instead the Lumiere upgrade. Never would have thought that the real Uber weapon would ask for old DB CF(which werent even a full line). I am set for all except Elder sadly line ):

XrosBlader821
Dec 4, 2018, 12:33 PM
Even with the 12* Austere Units Set effect I doubt Austere Wand will beat Lightstream Wand in terms of DPS. The difference is 251 flat S-ATK but due to Wand reactor you have to add additional 98 S-ATK on top (349 S-ATK difference total). Not only that but Lightstream Potential seems to also Recover your PP fully once they become low (with cooldown mind you) but this would help Te/Fi big time in terms of Tech DPS.

Frankly I don't know what Sega was thinking. Do set effects at the very least benefit from Shifta/Deband or do they behave like Weapons stats?

echofaith
Dec 4, 2018, 01:00 PM
I think the only "equipment" counted as base stat is the Mag. So yeah, I doubt the set effect will make Austere weapon better than the rest, but hopefully is a good set in general.

Ransu
Dec 4, 2018, 01:02 PM
Only thing that worries me moving onto 15* weapons now is leaving behind the 14* weapons with unique potentials like Radius Arca and Gilles Weihen. Perhaps since Sega is making it easier to obtain these weapons via Crests and CFs we will be able to get their effects with the associated class at all times with a charm or something in the future.

Just wishful thinking though since it seems unlikely Sega would do this since they somehow managed to make Austere barely stronger than one of the materials required to create it and making it the weakest of the three 15* series since it requires the most RNG to obtain.

RefrainDP
Dec 4, 2018, 01:10 PM
I guess this explains why Austere-NT is the 15* series that drops from Persona EQ instead of Lightstream.

Cyber Meteor
Dec 4, 2018, 03:03 PM
mmmm, seems like SEGA messed up their infos about the 2nd time stone chronos lol . So a 2nd chronos will be given out via story reward mid-december, and a 3rd will be the title reward via the number of title you got, still for february this one

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-extended-maintenance-and-patch-12-5-2018/

On a side note, i don't have a Ares NT yet, so even if Austere NT is the least powerful 15* (or just 1% stronger than Ares-NT), it doesn't matter that much to me, at any rate i would rather use Austere NT than Ares NT because most of Ares weapons look just make me want to put a camo ASAP xD, but i really like most of Austere NT weapons looking wise

BloodPuddles
Dec 4, 2018, 03:34 PM
I've changed my stance on 15* releasing, because of Atra EX. I'm nearly set up to make a 155 T-ATK talisman with S1-3 damage boosts, and talisman S4 is pretty sweet. I don't like how not very hard to obtain they are, it's gonna be pretty cool having a nearly max possible damage weapon though.