PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 STATION! - Arks X' Mas Party 2018 (From Shibuya Stream Hall)

Maulcun
Oct 30, 2018, 11:21 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/hoJU2LCPHcrbKBRO6PqcKeJUw23VeMJJpPmXU_VlXUKQK0JJ_K NfXyurmifCzKKqU7WfGSEywknJ0XFJlx84KAGWKkRbWzSk0HFi 6ppRL0B5IXtwPsC9y9IyWWHF7ymUCXqUzleEOzNCmMk8ZlKclV Ths0_Iw8Nqqcy1sKBaAk-PFUUGwwamBuif_b9F9TVEBoPYBUjML13QG3cjHtO8Gh6hlQy-xYeRSb_ysZRy2hmnhdPq6NUmn7zzWxz8s9USYl3pxspTAtOTtV gRMDSA3gj_LpzhB-2ChTb0ZP95TTH9zP188XHgI-LPZ40hHIW90AsSejCXmQhuN82cn7ejB4D8VjoGLnqy1lkYh7BX VJwv-3fSTPku6YhiTWUtZMZ9Fe-Nq9MzPklZg3kNwr49fbG0RWqwXnsVMMmlJ6mgwLg2V0kY-6heOX1zpMkfuUEZOw3qxBZZaks3XP9E29KMVeth8GgqhjtmoNa 6ZLIpv0SqOnR0_jLuR0Y9WSyMNcf7sFGk44nQpjTnrAgEeFr8Z uOlYWBk1PTaU9kOgpjENPxojLdK2I8D1zgOsYhqkrgLax101vm hfcBl5w9VPvOoEvk9NDf1kHKsusi6ExdNWxR1xWd2V99DrL8Nh srz3usaHRyRZXuOXOKYyLQhfbcc7hdf8QPU6yfBsxoFGmwowuD 20_2Hk1Roxf6z4GZQHWhnZA-AJBl5cDTCUGlEWpA=w554-h346-no

Date: December 15, 2018
Time: 15:00~18:00 JST

Automatic conversion time : https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=PSO2+STATION%21+-+Arks+X%27+Mas+Party+2018+%28From+Shibuya+Stream+H all%29&iso=20181215T15&p1=248&ah=3

Official Link Nico Nico: http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv317332308
Official Link PSCP TV: https://www.pscp.tv/sega_pso2/1lPJqdDOPklGb
[*Official Link YouTube : Coming soon
Fan Link YouTube 1 : Coming soon
Fan Link YouTube 2 : Coming soon
Fan Link Twitch 1 : https://go.twitch.tv/silentsakia/
Fan Link Twitch 2 : https://www.twitch.tv/arekore510
Official Link Twitch : Coming soon
Fan Link Mixer 1: Coming soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 1: Coming soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 2 : Coming soon
Fan Link Facebook : Coming soon

Important Topics

Information about the january (PC, PS4,Vita and Switch) updates.
Information on the New Year event.
Information about the PSOes updates.
Information about a new collaboration.
Information about the new PSO2 Trading Card Game.
Announcement of 2019 new project for 7th anniversary.
Introduce of new director in charge of EPISODE 6.
Information about the new class Phantom.
Megumi Han (CV: Harriet and Saba) will appear as a special guest

Gwyndolin
Dec 4, 2018, 01:57 AM
Can't wait for the Phantom info drop.

XrosBlader821
Dec 4, 2018, 03:18 AM
I wonder what the gimmick will be

ArcaneTechs
Dec 4, 2018, 04:29 AM
I wonder what the gimmick will be
the Rifle is somehow the best DPS amongst the 3 weapons :wacko: im scared if this does happen though

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 4, 2018, 04:54 AM
the Rifle is somehow the best DPS amongst the 3 weapons :wacko: im scared if this does happen though

I'd welcome it.

jooozek
Dec 4, 2018, 06:35 AM
kmr and sakai will appear in phantom form obv

SteveCZ
Dec 4, 2018, 07:35 AM
I'd welcome it.

Rod instead pls.

Important Topics

Information about the new class Phantom. Information about the new class Phantom.

Fixed, luls.

Maulcun
Dec 11, 2018, 11:58 AM
post updated

Zorak000
Dec 11, 2018, 12:08 PM
hm, that's a strangely early announcement about anything related to an anniversary event

Kilich
Dec 11, 2018, 12:11 PM
Introduce of new director in charge of EPISODE 6? New new, or one of the previous directors, I wonder.

Tyreek
Dec 14, 2018, 11:03 PM
Bumping this for tonight. It needs to not get lost.

Maulcun
Dec 14, 2018, 11:53 PM
https://twitter.com/avenger_abc/status/1073735349178757120

ArcaneTechs
Dec 15, 2018, 01:24 AM
HEY GUYS WE KNOW YOU LIKE TD 1-3 SO WE BROUGHT IT BACK KEK GOT'EM, WE DIDNT FORGET ABOUT OLD CONTENT!!

like seriously come on, we didnt need this

Suirano
Dec 15, 2018, 01:36 AM
Man, that sax in the recent trailer that also had that Loser theme remix. I wanna know what that will be for because it was so good.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 15, 2018, 01:40 AM
Man, that sax in the recent trailer that also had that Loser theme remix. I wanna know what that will be for because it was so good.
Omega Luther remake, calling it now

Suirano
Dec 15, 2018, 01:53 AM
Omega Luther remake, calling it now

There was the previous trailer with that Elder theme remix, Omega Elder? :O ( It probably is DF Persona's music but one can hope )

Gwyndolin
Dec 15, 2018, 03:14 AM
Bumped has some information gathered by ppl at the convention regarding phantom, some of its mechanics, skill tree, and pas. Can be used as a subclass apparently.

final_attack
Dec 15, 2018, 03:23 AM
If it can be used as subclass ... I wonder what's the multiplier ..... which will be main class only (Phantom Time, maybe) ..... also, I wonder if the PA can be used as regular class.

Going partial support as Gu doesn't seems so bad ...... helping the mpa with Jellen or something, if it's possible (also, Blaze Decay)

SteveCZ
Dec 15, 2018, 03:31 AM
If it can be used as subclass ... I wonder what's the multiplier ..... which will be main class only (Phantom Time, maybe) ..... also, I wonder if the PA can be used as regular class.

Going partial support as Gu doesn't seems so bad ...... helping the mpa with Jellen or something, if it's possible (also, Blaze Decay)

Who knows, could be Bo/Phantom. :lol:

Zorak000
Dec 15, 2018, 03:40 AM
sakai said the music was from the persona EQ

SteveCZ
Dec 15, 2018, 03:49 AM
OK Phantom looks cool bye bye Hero main it was fun. XD

ArcaneTechs
Dec 15, 2018, 04:19 AM
so Phantom Main cannot have a Subclass but Phantom CAN be used as a Subclass.... this is weird. can they use FT's PA's though?

Mr3chi
Dec 15, 2018, 04:23 AM
oh bois. we gotta see 12/12 phantomtard pt without any complaining. what atime to be a live :nerd:

final_attack
Dec 15, 2018, 04:26 AM
Say, anyone got translation for that slide (that have 50% on Hr or 20% Fo Br Ra thing on bottom) .....

Also, name changed? From Advanced class to something?

ArcaneTechs
Dec 15, 2018, 04:46 AM
ULTIMATE STRAIGHT TO ULTRA HARD BOIS!! NEW UH BOSSES AHHHHHH

SteveCZ
Dec 15, 2018, 04:47 AM
ULTRA HARD LUL.

oh bois. we gotta see 12/12 phantomtard pt without any complaining. what atime to be a live :nerd:

Better be ready seeing users bouncing around with Katana )b

Suirano
Dec 15, 2018, 04:47 AM
I made jokes about their difficulty naming scheme. I didn't think they would actually use the name Ultra Hard.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 15, 2018, 04:49 AM
I made jokes about their difficulty naming scheme. I didn't think they would actually use the name Ultra Hard.
it only took 4yrs for Ultra Hard :wacko:

Arada
Dec 15, 2018, 05:15 AM
I was sure they'd call it Super Normal. :(

Aurorra
Dec 15, 2018, 05:38 AM
Did they give a timeframe for when to expect Episode 6?

Cyber Meteor
Dec 15, 2018, 06:38 AM
Did they give a timeframe for when to expect Episode 6?

EP6 will be out during Spring 2019, was announced in Phantom reveal trailer :p

XrosBlader821
Dec 15, 2018, 06:40 AM
If phantom can be used as a subclass then the skill tree multipliers will be shit but Weapon PA will have astronomical Damage numbers to compensate. I also wonder if the damage Multiplier reach the regular x1.75~ Cuz if thats the case then the Meta might shift from x/Hu and x/Fi to x/Ph. These non-phantom specific skills sound tight.

"Beginning December 19th, you can use those Idola Points to purchase items in PSO2.
- Star Gems
- Element +2"
If it's 100 SG weekly then bye bye PVP for me.

Also lmao they finally did a new difficulty. After EP4 and 5 I was sure they're not gonna do any and just drag XH forever.

Atmius
Dec 15, 2018, 06:45 AM
A key point to make note of for those of you who weren't paying attention is that the weapons used in the phantom demonstration were invade's (presumably +35 NT's with some kind of affix). This means the damage done by players will not be massively different to what was shown (lets say +15- 25%% at best). Also, unlike Hero, where the demonstration stuff used a 14* weapon series, the 'npc phantom weapons' used seems to be a camo rather than a 15* weapon set.

Loveless62
Dec 15, 2018, 06:49 AM
Boob string collab! :-o

final_attack
Dec 15, 2018, 07:05 AM
If phantom can be used as a subclass then the skill tree multipliers will be shit but Weapon PA will have astronomical Damage numbers to compensate. I also wonder if the damage Multiplier reach the regular x1.75~ Cuz if thats the case then the Meta might shift from x/Hu and x/Fi to x/Ph. These non-phantom specific skills sound tight.

With ranged damage, won't x1.5 already at Hu level? (I know it's more like 1.6x with all multiplier from Hu only, just using addition to simplify things)
Though there is survivalability to take into account too .....

XrosBlader821
Dec 15, 2018, 07:35 AM
I wonder if they're gonna retroactively allow Hr to become a subclass too? Some skill changes would be required obviously

Tymek
Dec 15, 2018, 07:44 AM
With Love Rappy Suit Mini confirmed, Lovey Rappy Suit Mini will also be incoming.

It ony took them two years, but it's finally happening. The best Rappy Suit.

Also, I'm glad my 30,000 IDOLA Points were worth it.

Sayara
Dec 15, 2018, 08:40 AM
They had better got the stupid teeth brush emote for compensation for being so dang late on the crossover game.

...unless its updated recently? Phantom seems interesting. Might make casting fun again.

SteveCZ
Dec 15, 2018, 09:10 AM
Anyway that female outfit with shorts on Familia Historia Scratch looks super cool, can't wait for January... want it more than Hestia's dress, tho I want it too. =)

FantasyHeaven
Dec 15, 2018, 09:24 AM
The japs seem to have a good first impression on the new D because he was apparently good at the game
a real rarity for this game

KaizoKage
Dec 15, 2018, 10:39 AM
When is spring tho? March? In our country we only have two seasons, sunny season and raining season LMAO

Shinamori
Dec 15, 2018, 10:53 AM
I would say, mid to late April or early May is your best bet. possibly late March but spring begins on the 26th of March so.. we'll probably get a bit more information in either next month live stream, the upcoming arcs one live, or February's live stream. However, when they do episodic releases in summer, it's usually late Sumner like August~Sept.

Loyd Azakuya
Dec 15, 2018, 11:12 AM
Also, unlike Hero, where the demonstration stuff used a 14* weapon series, the 'npc phantom weapons' used seems to be a camo rather than a 15* weapon set.

There is still the possibility that they were using a weapon form to not show what the potential of these does, but yeah, I do not think that is the case

Ransu
Dec 15, 2018, 11:43 AM
Based on what we know already FoPh already seems like the new Force meta. Guess it will depend on the multipliers and if some of those skills apply when it is used as a sub. If they do though then it'd make Fo less of a pain to use.

SteveCZ
Dec 15, 2018, 11:50 AM
Based on what we know already FoPh already seems like the new Force meta. Guess it will depend on the multipliers and if some of those skills apply when it is used as a sub. If they do though then it'd make Fo less of a pain to use.

And the main class stuff maybe. I like to know more about using Techs that could occur slash attack and that it could also recover PP by doing it. Considering Force mainly uses Rod, so it's kinda compatible somehow.

I'm actually more curious on how Gu/Ph, Ra/Ph (Rifle) or Br/Ph (Katana) works tho. Braver for example, will we have Katana PA combined? or which one is the weapon action will be overridden, Braver or Phantom? etc.

Dragwind
Dec 15, 2018, 01:02 PM
And the main class stuff maybe. I like to know more about using Techs that could occur slash attack and that it could also recover PP by doing it. Considering Force mainly uses Rod, so it's kinda compatible somehow.

I'm actually more curious on how Gu/Ph, Ra/Ph (Rifle) or Br/Ph (Katana) works tho. Braver for example, will we have Katana PA combined? or which one is the weapon action will be overridden, Braver or Phantom? etc.

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm going to assume it'll use main class PAs.

silo1991
Dec 15, 2018, 01:18 PM
does anybody ignored the kaleido bots , they look amazing , i freaking love them since their anouncement

unlike phantoms which i hated since the trailers , the demons i was like.. tolkien was more creative than the fools who imagine the phantoms.

but in the end the more futher ep5 go i loved more the demons

the kaleido bots , m main question is gonna be in which side these fellas will be . native enemies , darkers or will be a 4th faction? (obviusly the arks are a faction too)

Maulcun
Dec 15, 2018, 02:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvf2AyP8X_E&fbclid=IwAR35puIq-_zcBmbUEYelkqtuJajZyW-EIZZosKf1D40oQS3uOjV6jvJWaoM

XrosBlader821
Dec 15, 2018, 02:20 PM

Te/Ph might be new Hybrid Meta too. Ph Mag will help a little and the tech related skills seem awesome. two PP restorates stacked on top of each other will gonna be dope and Crits will finally do something on Te so Shifta critical gets more value. The only thing that makes or breaks the combo at this point are damage multipliers.

SteveCZ
Dec 15, 2018, 02:22 PM
snip

thanks a bunch!

Ransu
Dec 15, 2018, 02:57 PM
Te/Ph might be new Hybrid Meta too. Ph Mag will help a little and the tech related skills seem awesome. two PP restorates stacked on top of each other will gonna be dope and Crits will finally do something on Te so Shifta critical gets more value. The only thing that makes or breaks the combo at this point are damage multipliers.

Techer having a viable option now for teching and having the highest resororate will definitely be welcome to anyone wanting to do Hybrid. I reckon the Phantom multipliers will be higher when using it as main class but be reduced to a reasonable amount when used as a subclass to compensate. And hopefully those nice charging animations carry over when using it as a sub because they just look too good~

the_importer_
Dec 15, 2018, 03:40 PM
Ultra Hard Difficult?!?!

OK, well there goes my goal of walking around in the game on the highest difficulty at Lv100 and having enemies drop like flies. Sure it will be possible in XH which was my original goal, but they just introduced a difficulty that no one will be able master, at lease not solo. I hope this is will be for EQ only.

XrosBlader821
Dec 15, 2018, 03:57 PM
Ultra Hard Difficult?!?!

OK, well there goes my goal of walking around in the game on the highest difficulty at Lv100 and having enemies drop like flies. Sure it will be possible in XH which was my original goal, but they just introduced a difficulty that no one will be able master, at lease not solo. I hope this is will be for EQ only.

You underestimate the playerbase.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 15, 2018, 04:26 PM
but they just introduced a difficulty that no one will be able master, at lease not solo. I hope this is will be for EQ only.
is this guy serious?

Dark Mits
Dec 15, 2018, 04:53 PM
Isn't UH going to be just XH, except for lvl90? Or have they announced changes in enemy behavior?

ArcaneTechs
Dec 15, 2018, 05:09 PM
Isn't UH going to be just XH, except for lvl90? Or have they announced changes in enemy behavior?
we dont know, whatever was shown at the end of stream is kinda all we got to go off unless someone attending the event heard more info afterwards about it

Mattykins
Dec 15, 2018, 05:15 PM
https://i.ibb.co/vzp19Nf/uh.gif

ArcaneTechs
Dec 15, 2018, 05:26 PM
that Katana and Rifle gameplay

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/390394379870666754/523626789818597377/UH.png

Meteor Weapon
Dec 15, 2018, 05:27 PM
is this guy serious?

As serious as GreatPan can be....I guess. I'm gonna assume Omega Masquerade just kicked his ass over and over lol

Terrence
Dec 15, 2018, 06:04 PM
http://nibelungen.orgfree.com/phantom.gif

http://nibelungen.orgfree.com/phantom.png

the_importer_
Dec 15, 2018, 06:05 PM
You underestimate the playerbase.

Not sure you quite understand what I mean by "dropping like flies". For a couple of years now, every class (assuming that it has decent gear) has been as been able to kill the majority regular enemies (non-boss or mid-boss) on SH with a single PA or TECH. With the max level cap at 100 and 15★ weapons, it's safe to assume that the same thing will apply for XH. I simply can't see the same thing happening with UH regardless of you skills at gear.

Golgotha
Dec 15, 2018, 07:37 PM
Ultra hard sure sounds funny with half of the fields still not even having Extra hard version.
I guess they wake it up exclusively in Lilipa right in time for Easter emergency? That would be somehow fitting?

Yoshioka sure is left with some big mess to solve.

Not sure you quite understand what I mean by "dropping like flies". For a couple of years now, every class (assuming that it has decent gear) has been as been able to kill the majority regular enemies (non-boss or mid-boss) on SH with a single PA or TECH. With the max level cap at 100 and 15★ weapons, it's safe to assume that the same thing will apply for XH. I simply can't see the same thing happening with UH regardless of you skills at gear.

well, level 85 enemies have a tenfold hp increase, that alone seems to be enough.
Its just that for a couple of years enemies didn't have a chance to outlevel the player, and enemies will fall behind again in less than a week.

Then again, no one is actually having decent gear, and any stuff beyond lvl63 is a good player repellent, unless you actively prod them together with a huge boost or an event.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 15, 2018, 08:27 PM
As serious as GreatPan can be....I guess. I'm gonna assume Omega Masquerade just kicked his ass over and over lol
this is why i said the_importer_ has finally become Great Pan tier, i cant even tell anymore if he's reading my post directed toward and just ignoring it and blatantly pretending or hes got me blocked lol i mean he does this to other people too, its too funny

>SH
stop living in the past

>XH
things still melt

>UQ
things still melt

>Boosted Campaigns
they melt a little slower

final_attack
Dec 15, 2018, 08:50 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/sZyN4Ox.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
Um, regarding this slide ....
in case people want (need translation help too)

Written ver :
=======================
●ファントムは、ヒーローと比較して以下の特徴があります。
・テクニックを軸にした戦闘スタイル
・操作難度が高い分、使いこなせると高い戦闘力を発揮
・ヒーロー同様、サブクラスは設定できないが、通常クラスのサブクラスとしては設定可能

●配信後、ファントムは【LV75以上のメインクラス比率20%】を目標としています。
主に、以下のクラスからファントムへの移行を想定しています。
・LV75以上のヒーローから約50%が以降
・LV75以上のブレイバー、レンジャー、フォースからそれぞれ約20%が移行
========================
1st part

Focus more on tech?
Looking at seemingly very mobile tech charging ....
Strong if can be mastered?
The subclass thing (can't use subclass, but can be used as subclass) .....
Um, need help for translation .... the 1st word for it, will Hr can be used as subclass too, along with Phantom?
Considering they fall under same "Successor class" ...

For 2nd part .... It's about class distribution (as main) around players, with Phantom aiming for 20% ...... right?

SteveCZ
Dec 15, 2018, 09:12 PM
Hmm... Tech Short Charge also seems interesting to combine with Force fire tree. I wonder how short it will become? It lowers the damage and PP usage though.

I also like how Schmetterling (Katana PA) feels like an explicitly a hit and run PA. Maybe it's good to get close range and go long range in style.

snip

Casting techs will never be the same again. :-P

I've actually wished for some melee action combined with tech, and they actually do add it a slash when releasing it. But I didn't expect we can bounce around with speed while charging it so it's a big surprise. I love mobility stuff.

I'm quite convinced they're doing this right this time, where we may not end up with a "Hero's sword". We'll see.

XrosBlader821
Dec 16, 2018, 03:19 AM
http://nibelungen.orgfree.com/phantom.gif

http://nibelungen.orgfree.com/phantom.png

I really hope it's not mainclass only QwQ

LancerFate
Dec 16, 2018, 06:43 AM
So phantom can be used as a subclass, interesting will it be a meta change or not.

Dark Mits
Dec 16, 2018, 07:07 AM
So phantom can be used as a subclass, interesting will it be a meta change or not.Chances are that it will, for some classes at least. I mean, if we look at it from a designer point of view, why would they allow it to be combined as subclass if it's in every case worse than whatever already exists.

nyaaaaa
Dec 16, 2018, 07:21 AM
・ヒーロー同様、サブクラスは設定できないが、通常クラスのサブクラスとしては設定可能

The subclass thing (can't use subclass, but can be used as subclass) .....
Um, need help for translation .... the 1st word for it, will Hr can be used as subclass too, along with Phantom?
Considering they fall under same "Successor class" ...

That line is sort of a toss up, partially due to where the commas are placed, and partially because it is fairly ambiguous as a whole (line). From what I got from it, was basically saying:

Like/Similar to Hero, can't equip subclass, common/regular/(whatever the translated term used is) class's subclass option possible

The problem is just where you split the sentence, as that can change the message entirely. And aside from the comma placement (which can be anything from proper grammar to poor grammar and just placed there as they were thinking of/remembering additional info points to add, etc)

So for instance, it could mean:
"Like Hero, you can't equip a subclass, [...] oh but you can equip [implied subject; aka Phantom class] as a subclass for regular classes"
or
"Like Hero, you can't equip a subclass, but you can equip [implied subject; Hero AND Phantom class] as a subclass for regular classes"
etc.

I won't say I am that well versed or the best for translating, but with Japanese using implied subjects a lot, the accuracy of translation is mostly based on context, and I am not fluent anyway, so that was just my two cents I guess.

final_attack
Dec 16, 2018, 08:02 AM
Saving space[SPOILER-BOX]That line is sort of a toss up, partially due to where the commas are placed, and partially because it is fairly ambiguous as a whole (line). From what I got from it, was basically saying:

Like/Similar to Hero, can't equip subclass, common/regular/(whatever the translated term used is) class's subclass option possible

The problem is just where you split the sentence, as that can change the message entirely. And aside from the comma placement (which can be anything from proper grammar to poor grammar and just placed there as they were thinking of/remembering additional info points to add, etc)

So for instance, it could mean:
"Like Hero, you can't equip a subclass, [...] oh but you can equip [implied subject; aka Phantom class] as a subclass for regular classes"
or
"Like Hero, you can't equip a subclass, but you can equip [implied subject; Hero AND Phantom class] as a subclass for regular classes"
etc.

I won't say I am that well versed or the best for translating, but with Japanese using implied subjects a lot, the accuracy of translation is mostly based on context, and I am not fluent anyway, so that was just my two cents I guess.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Thanks!
I'll wait for the next info drop then :D

So phantom can be used as a subclass, interesting will it be a meta change or not.
I do wish at least it can give at least around x1.5~1.6-ish (R-damage of Hu)
If it's possible to do partial support like applying Jellen (not as Ra), seems pretty nice ... though giving up survival is scary -..-

Golgotha
Dec 16, 2018, 05:27 PM
Chances are that it will, for some classes at least. I mean, if we look at it from a designer point of view, why would they allow it to be combined as subclass if it's in every case worse than whatever already exists.

I dunno, they allowed it for bouncer.
Generally very few combinations actually work at the moment. If in doubt, sub a fighter.

XrosBlader821
Dec 17, 2018, 04:00 AM
Btw with UH coming with EP6 I think it's fair to assume 13* Units will be a thing and will act as a final Unit rarity.

oratank
Dec 17, 2018, 04:39 AM
so rod still use T-atk?

Dark Mits
Dec 17, 2018, 07:29 AM
Btw with UH coming with EP6 I think it's fair to assume 13* Units will be a thing and will act as a final Unit rarity.Yep, this is very likely. I also believe that L-rings will not be attachable to 13* units, since we have gotten a lot of the important ones as passive class skills, and now we get combined L-rings. What globally useful L-rings do we have left? Mag Excite and Party Toughness?

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 17, 2018, 07:44 AM
Here it is again if anyone missed it

Phantom Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq07V5BwLD8

milranduil
Dec 17, 2018, 07:47 AM
Yep, this is very likely. I also believe that L-rings will not be attachable to 13* units, since we have gotten a lot of the important ones as passive class skills, and now we get combined L-rings. What globally useful L-rings do we have left? Mag Excite and Party Toughness?

i'd certainly hope not... the combined rings aren't universal for every class. just some missing include

hu: hunter gear save
fi: slow action (good for gear experience)
ra: doesn't even get one, so P WB or non-weak
gu: stance ring
br: katana guard, short combat
te: also doesn't get one, having to choose between wand E change, tech parry, short mirage utility rings

universal/utility rings:
jumping dodge, mag excite, PT toughness, atomizer lovers are all good.

removing the ability to attach L-rings would be an enormous step back for sega with how many we still have that are useful, and i don't see sega doing that.

Dark Mits
Dec 17, 2018, 09:02 AM
i'd certainly hope not... the combined rings aren't universal for every class. just some missing include

hu: hunter gear save
fi: slow action (good for gear experience)
ra: doesn't even get one, so P WB or non-weak
gu: stance ring
br: katana guard, short combat
te: also doesn't get one, having to choose between wand E change, tech parry, short mirage utility rings

universal/utility rings:
jumping dodge, mag excite, PT toughness, atomizer lovers are all good.

removing the ability to attach L-rings would be an enormous step back for sega with how many we still have that are useful, and i don't see sega doing that.I see it from the another point of view. We have gotten some of the most used L-rings as skills. So it is possible that we will get some more in a future update (maybe to lvl95?). We also have compound L-rings. So we may have future compound L-rings with more combinations.

They way I see it, they may be "streamlining" them to reduce the need for players to re-level rings when they get new unit upgrades.

rokkuman
Dec 17, 2018, 10:02 AM
Chances are that it will, for some classes at least. I mean, if we look at it from a designer point of view, why would they allow it to be combined as subclass if it's in every case worse than whatever already exists.

PSO2 Crew is not exactly known for making obvious design choices though

XrosBlader821
Dec 17, 2018, 02:21 PM
I see it from the another point of view. We have gotten some of the most used L-rings as skills. So it is possible that we will get some more in a future update (maybe to lvl95?). We also have compound L-rings. So we may have future compound L-rings with more combinations.

They way I see it, they may be "streamlining" them to reduce the need for players to re-level rings when they get new unit upgrades.

We got the most used ones as skills because they hogged ring slots too much, on any class. The compound Skill Rings are supposed to make 1 ring out of multiple, usually weapon specific ones so that you don't have to switch Weapon specific rings via chat commands or hog all 4 Ring slots anymore, making room for Utility Rings again. Getting rid of L/Ring Slots on Units would make players not bother with the new and shiny gear.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 17, 2018, 03:27 PM
add a Crit ring with all attacks thanks

Dark Mits
Dec 17, 2018, 03:41 PM
We got the most used ones as skills because they hogged ring slots too much, on any class. The compound Skill Rings are supposed to make 1 ring out of multiple, usually weapon specific ones so that you don't have to switch Weapon specific rings via chat commands or hog all 4 Ring slots anymore, making room for Utility Rings again. Getting rid of L/Ring Slots on Units would make players not bother with the new and shiny gear.I don't disagree with that. What I'm saying that all these rings that are "mandatory" right now may become either passive skills in the class trees (just as they did with Step Jump, Air Reversal, etc), or they will become super mega combined L-rings (for example an L ring that combines all of Tech C Parrying, Short Mirage, RR Field, Wand E Change and Peace Zondeel). The end result would be that when 13* units are implemented, players would at most need to switch their L-ring slot for different builds, and not their units as well, which will all be ring-independent. This would actually be a massive step forward in QoL.

milranduil
Dec 17, 2018, 04:50 PM
I don't disagree with that. What I'm saying that all these rings that are "mandatory" right now may become either passive skills in the class trees (just as they did with Step Jump, Air Reversal, etc), or they will become super mega combined L-rings (for example an L ring that combines all of Tech C Parrying, Short Mirage, RR Field, Wand E Change and Peace Zondeel). The end result would be that when 13* units are implemented, players would at most need to switch their L-ring slot for different builds, and not their units as well, which will all be ring-independent. This would actually be a massive step forward in QoL.

no it wouldn't. there are numerous situations where you do not want to use a given ring for a weapon/utility, one big example being wand element change. having it equipped let's you change element based on what tech you charged, a ring swap command off of it automatically restores its element to it's original. another example is the zondeel ring which is great for te main but is only situational for fo. i could go on, but the point of rings is to allow user customization, not just throw them all at the player forcing them to use all of the relevant ones for your class when many of them change how the class is played.

XrosBlader821
Dec 17, 2018, 05:58 PM
add a Crit ring with all attacks thanks

Yes please

no it wouldn't. there are numerous situations where you do not want to use a given ring for a weapon/utility, one big example being wand element change. having it equipped let's you change element based on what tech you charged, a ring swap command off of it automatically restores its element to it's original. another example is the zondeel ring which is great for te main but is only situational for fo. i could go on, but the point of rings is to allow user customization, not just throw them all at the player forcing them to use all of the relevant ones for your class when many of them change how the class is played.

As a Te main I can confirmed everything that s said here. Stuff like Tech C Parry are mandatory while Wand E Change is situational. In a Raid with the enemy being weak to light you don't want Wand E Change as charging Ramegid Type-0 or Zanverse fucks that up. Similarly you actually want to have that ring for Omega Luther since your Wand bonks will starts dealing Poison after using Ramegid Type-0. Not only that but having to +20 a bunch of Rings, even the ones that gain no benefit from leveling other than 19 stats, isn't a QoL improvement.

Zephyrion
Dec 17, 2018, 06:49 PM
I mean the obvious solution for the whole "not having to grind rings again when changing units" is a simple thing SEGA never gave us, which is the ability to separate a ring from its *12 unit. Heck I wouldn't mind paying a 1.9M meseta fee or whatever just to do this in peace and not having to literally prepare and farm materials all over again while the ring I need is sitting nice and comfy on an outdated unit. But oh well

ArcaneTechs
Dec 17, 2018, 07:11 PM
I mean the obvious solution for the whole "not having to grind rings again when changing units" is a simple thing SEGA never gave us, which is the ability to separate a ring from its *12 unit. Heck I wouldn't mind paying a 1.9M meseta fee or whatever just to do this in peace and not having to literally prepare and farm materials all over again while the ring I need is sitting nice and comfy on an outdated unit. But oh well
if having 4 accessories on breaks the game, what makes you think we'll get this nice QoL change? sarcasm

TheFanaticViper
Dec 18, 2018, 05:05 AM

Indeed, or just the possibility to transfer a skill ring to another unit, like what they did with SSA. But i guess Sega want keep alive the gathering game so no :D

Dark Mits
Dec 18, 2018, 06:14 AM
@milranduil, @XrosBlader21: The ring I presented was purely an example. They can have 200+ different L-comborings to include all possible useful combinations. From there on, the player would have to purchase and level each L-comboring once, and use it for different purposes/builds. This would be a massive QoL compared to now, where we have to relevel all rings from scratch when we upgrade our units, or where we have to keep different unit sets with different L-rings attached (for example switching unit set when going to AIS phase of Yamato)

@TheFanaticViper: I wonder why they created nearly 100 different foods that simply change what we may harvest/fish, and just left us with 4 useful green buffs (Jerky, Meat Stir Fry, the DEF one and Karaage). Why didn't they create more specialized foods (S-atk/R-atk/T-atk) or even entirely new non-OP ones, for example:
+10% movement speed (on foot, not PA/Tech/Skill movement)
EXP equivalent of Karaage
Meseta equivalent of Karaage
Another equivalent of Karaage that increases Casino Coin earnings
Enemy attraction (increases chances of enemy spawns, or number of enemy spawns per map quadrant [like +1 enemy per wave])
Enemy repellant (for those annoying Zubats)
the ability to craft Rare Enemy Triggers for Free Exploration maps
...and lots of other ideas that could be used to drain these endless stocks of materials and fish that can't be handed for a daily reward.

milranduil
Dec 18, 2018, 06:23 AM
so you're saying it would be a QoL buff to force players to have different combo rings for different situations instead of... just leaving units they way they are with L slots? what a waste of time

Dark Mits
Dec 18, 2018, 08:48 AM
so you're saying it would be a QoL buff to force players to have different combo rings for different situations instead of... just leaving units they way they are with L slots? what a waste of timeYes. I think that having a L-combo-ring with all desired current L-ring effects, which I can equip/unequip on the fly while having to level it only once, is QoL over having to level the same rings over and over for newer/different unit sets.

Honestly, I fear that I somehow do not translate my idea properly in English. An equivalent of what I suggest is to have Timed Abilities (that last permanently, not just 7/14 days) as a unique equippable slot, instead of consumables that you apply on a unit. So you do not need to recraft them when you switch units, and you can switch between different Timed Abilities on the fly (Merry Xmas coming up? Equip the Tundra Timed Ability. Apprezina coming up? Switch to the Omega Timed Ability)

XrosBlader821
Dec 18, 2018, 08:54 AM
@milranduil, @XrosBlader21: The ring I presented was purely an example. They can have 200+ different L-comborings to include all possible useful combinations. From there on, the player would have to purchase and level each L-comboring once, and use it for different purposes/builds. This would be a massive QoL compared to now, where we have to relevel all rings from scratch when we upgrade our units, or where we have to keep different unit sets with different L-rings attached (for example switching unit set when going to AIS phase of Yamato)

I dunno if you've noticed this but we're not supposed to update our Units at the same rate we update our Weapons.

Affixing Weapons is quick, easy and cheap thanks to SAF and SSA. Affixing units is still the most costly process of min-maxing your stats and Unit affixes usually go for much higher prices in the player market than their weapon counterparts. There are also fewer Units released by Sega and fewer Units dropped by Mobs, compared to Weapons.

I also don' get your Yamato point. Unit stats don't matter for AIS and AIS Rings don't benefit from Level ups. How is having to sink 2,4m+ Meseta into AIS Compound Ring better than just using 300k by slapping 3 Rings on some jank units you don't care about and just make a chat command to switch between them on a button press? Skill Rings that mind you have a very insignificant impact on the Yamato fight anyway. Also what? You think that keeping track of 200+ Compound Ring combinations is a QoL improvement? Even if we reduce it to just a few per class that would still be ridiculous and would unnecessarily eat up inventory space.

I think you misinterpret what Skill Rings are. They're not here to allow different "builds", they're band-aids that need to be able to be toggled on and off without eating up the subpallete.

Honestly, I fear that I somehow do not translate my idea properly in English. An equivalent of what I suggest is to have Timed Abilities (that last permanently, not just 7/14 days) as a unique equippable slot, instead of consumables that you apply on a unit. So you do not need to recraft them when you switch units, and you can switch between different Timed Abilities on the fly (Merry Xmas coming up? Equip the Tundra Timed Ability. Apprezina coming up? Switch to the Omega Timed Ability)

They're timed to keep crafting relevant over the course of the game. It's minor annoyance at best and your solution to this is to make a system, that's working just fine, broken for no reason.

Flatflyer
Dec 18, 2018, 12:39 PM
Heres a solution:

just make it so 13* units unlock equipment slots for extra rings on your armor menu.

makes it a lot easier to swap rings around without having to include a bunch of stuff for removing rings from units themselves.

that'd just be the obvious QoL change for me

XrosBlader821
Dec 18, 2018, 01:49 PM
Heres a solution:

just make it so 13* units unlock equipment slots for extra rings on your armor menu.

makes it a lot easier to swap rings around without having to include a bunch of stuff for removing rings from units themselves.

that'd just be the obvious QoL change for me

But make it in a way so that it doesn't eat up more inventory slots. Players who don't spend on Inv upgrades already have a hard time dealing with the drops and this issue is even bigger for Casts who always waste 2 slots on Cast Arm and Leg parts