PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 on the go

PriestBelmondo
Nov 1, 2018, 11:31 AM
So I plan to start traveling a lot and recently bought a gaming laptop so that i could play games on the go. However I'm a little worried with getting banned from the game since I'll be using different IP address to connect to PSO2, from what I hear the servers could ban you for logging in from different locations. I'm not sure if this is true or not so I'd like to get opinions from as many people as possible about the topic. Read up on a few forum posts about people getting banned for different reasons, so I'm just being cautious about it.

XrosBlader821
Nov 1, 2018, 11:44 AM
I think the game remembers the PC it was played on last time (Sega ID authentification way shorter when you do it from the same PC) but I have no hard proof that that's how it works.

PriestBelmondo
Nov 1, 2018, 11:51 AM
I think the game remembers the PC it was played on last time (Sega ID authentification way shorter when you do it from the same PC) but I have no hard proof that that's how it works.

Yea I logged onto pso2 with the new laptop and sent me a code to verify. Once I entered it, I was able to log in. I've done this a few times already before, but I'm not familiar with logging from different locations.

the_importer_
Nov 1, 2018, 12:38 PM
Yea I logged onto pso2 with the new laptop and sent me a code to verify. Once I entered it, I was able to log in. I've done this a few times already before, but I'm not familiar with logging from different locations.

Every time you'll be using a different MAC address (when you use a new ethernet or Wi-Fi card), SEGA will ask you to prove you say who you are, so that's normal. For the IP thing, not sure, but you can always try to deal with a VPN provider who could offer you a static IP address (if any such offer exists with any of these compagnies).

Anduril
Nov 1, 2018, 12:41 PM
You will usually get your account locked if the log-in activity is suspicious, like logging in from multiple computers from vastly different IP addresses in an extremely short period of time; think logging in from a Japanese IP address, then logging in from a North American one, then a European one in the span of a few hours.

For the IP thing, not sure, but you can always try to deal with a VPN provider who could offer you a static IP address (if any such offer exists with any of these compagnies).
Free VPN services don't provide dedicated IP addresses, but many paid ones do, though their prices do vary based on where you want your "location" to be.

PriestBelmondo
Nov 1, 2018, 02:33 PM
I definitely won't be going from country to country, just within the state. If I do get locked out of my account, is there a way around it?

the_importer_
Nov 1, 2018, 03:09 PM
Free VPN services don't provide dedicated IP addresses, but many paid ones do, though their prices do vary based on where you want your "location" to be.

I know freeby VPNs won't help you with that, hence I use the term "deal". As for the fixed IP itself, he should just stick with an IP from his own country all the time, better safe than sorry.

Sonickyle27
Nov 2, 2018, 01:56 AM
I'm not sure if the platform makes a difference, but I used to play PSO2 on my Vita from a new IP address almost every day and I never ran into issues. You should be fine as long as you keep logging in from the same country.

I think the worst that can happen is that the game will ask you to type in a verification code sent to your email address to "unlock" your account.

PriestBelmondo
Nov 2, 2018, 06:52 PM
I'm not sure if the platform makes a difference, but I used to play PSO2 on my Vita from a new IP address almost every day and I never ran into issues. You should be fine as long as you keep logging in from the same country.

I think the worst that can happen is that the game will ask you to type in a verification code sent to your email address to "unlock" your account.

That doesn't sound too bad then, Thank you

MrBurns
Nov 6, 2018, 07:40 PM
I've been playing PSO2 on my laptop for about 6 months and never had any problems. Played it in a lot of different locations (and internet connections) as I usually take it with me when I go to friends houses, parents houses, etc. I move from place to place quite frequently (always in the same country) which is why I got a laptop, so I could nerd it out wherever I went.

Whenever it detects a different IP, it gives you an error and requests that you input your pass again, and also asks you to input a code that is sent to your email address to confirm you are the original owner of the account. That's all. But you probably know that by now... :)

So yeah, I think you're safe.

PriestBelmondo
Nov 7, 2018, 07:35 PM
I've been playing PSO2 on my laptop for about 6 months and never had any problems. Played it in a lot of different locations (and internet connections) as I usually take it with me when I go to friends houses, parents houses, etc. I move from place to place quite frequently (always in the same country) which is why I got a laptop, so I could nerd it out wherever I went.

Whenever it detects a different IP, it gives you an error and requests that you input your pass again, and also asks you to input a code that is sent to your email address to confirm you are the original owner of the account. That's all. But you probably know that by now... :)

So yeah, I think you're safe.

This is very good to know, Thank you!