PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Sorcerers in Enchanted Forest heal too much

Terrax
Nov 5, 2018, 02:37 PM
Im a little frustrated ...
Every time I try to solo Enchanted Forest because noone is playing there there are spawning like 3 to 4 Sorcerers which heal like 32000 hp per second per 1(!) Sorcerer. This makes a total heal of like 140000 or up to 200000 hp wtf. How the fuck are you supposed to kill them if you take 3 Npcs with you (in this scenario there are two Cockatrice with one ringahda and four or five sorcerers.

Even with elder I could only kill one of them then Hero Time and hero finish every idk five minuts if youre lucky enough to really get one because they teleport all the time and get invulnerable. And dont tell me I just suck because I can solo mostliy everything and got like 3300 strike attack. Are you even supposed to make it with npcs? are they even relevant in any way? Yay, they can heal you but thats it.

Loveless62
Nov 6, 2018, 10:44 AM
If a sorceror gets isolated from the group, focus them down with Vapor Bulllet. Try to hit the core for more damage. If their healing is a problem, you can use Brightness End to knock them down. You can also use Brightness End to damage and knock down several if they group up.

Most NPC partners don't do much and are mainly there to provide a modest experience and rare drop rate bonus. The most useful are friend partners and free partners, partners that are created by players by, more-or-less, copying their characters (this is different from support partners, don't get them confused). If the friend partners are set up correctly, they can provide helpful benefits. For example, the partners can be set up as Techers to cast full-powered Shifta and Deband.

Zephyrion
Nov 6, 2018, 11:19 AM
Every time I try to solo Enchanted Forest because noone is playing there there are spawning like 3 to 4 Sorcerers which heal like 32000 hp per second per 1(!) Sorcerer. This makes a total heal of like 140000 or up to 200000 hp wtf. How the fuck are you supposed to kill them if you take 3 Npcs with you (in this scenario there are two Cockatrice with one ringahda and four or five sorcerers.

Even with elder I could only kill one of them then Hero Time and hero finish every idk five minuts if youre lucky enough to really get one because they teleport all the time and get invulnerable. And dont tell me I just suck because I can solo mostliy everything and got like 3300 strike attack. Are you even supposed to make it with npcs? are they even relevant in any way? Yay, they can heal you but thats it.

Also keep in mind Gran Sorcerer (like every sorcerer actually, but this mechanic is overlooked because they die too fast in usual content) power up each time they hit you with their spells or scythe. Their spells are normally pretty harmless but letting them get beefed up can cause serious trouble when solo. I'd advise to focus them real hard while being careful about them not hitting you for free

Frosslass
Nov 6, 2018, 12:15 PM
"I can solo mostly everything."
That's pretty hard to believe when you struggle against a single mob.

Flaoc
Nov 6, 2018, 12:35 PM
Still waiting for your xh endless quest solo man.. I mean you can solo mostly anything right?

AVO
Nov 6, 2018, 12:41 PM
I am the bone of my bait

Kintama
Nov 6, 2018, 01:29 PM
No, git gud

ArcaneTechs
Nov 6, 2018, 02:35 PM
Holy crap he made a dam thread about the sorcerors, no one take this thread serious just point and laugh at him

Reilet
Nov 6, 2018, 04:48 PM
3.3k s-atk is pretty damn low for sword.

TehCubey
Nov 6, 2018, 05:54 PM
3.3k s-atk is pretty damn low for sword.

Nah, it's not. It's not amazing but it's servicable and most players won't have much more than that, unless they whale out on affixes.

I'm talking unbuffed of course, and not including the 60 ele which is easily another 1-1.2k atop of that.

Dunno what to tell OP though, for research purposes I ran enchanted forest solo for a while now and gran sorcerers where extremely infrequent, but even if they managed to spawn I just killed them quickly without any problems.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 6, 2018, 06:04 PM
I am the bone of my bait

Troll is my body, and memes is my blood...

Great Pan
Nov 6, 2018, 06:47 PM
Quit this game and go play Fortnite, lad.

中国人
Nov 6, 2018, 07:19 PM
Where's your pop and mum?

GHNeko
Nov 6, 2018, 07:40 PM

the long and short of it is; you need more power. you need more power and then you need to boost your dps with proper PA usage. using a sword whos potential is not compatible with your class; will not help you at all. you should grab atra sword, or try to make Lumiere sword. or save up for demonia. something.

SteveCZ
Nov 6, 2018, 08:06 PM
Holy crap he made a dam thread about the sorcerors, no one take this thread serious just point and laugh at him

the guy said he'd play another game instead in last accident, and this is posted before that. So i assume they already knew. :lol:

ArcaneTechs
Nov 6, 2018, 09:17 PM
the long and short of it is; you need more power. you need more power and then you need to boost your dps with proper PA usage. using a sword whos potential is not compatible with your class; will not help you at all. you should grab atra sword, or try to make Lumiere sword. or save up for demonia. something.
didnt you read his posts in the finds/accomplishments thread? (which the mods already cleaned up), hes one of the select few of Heros who insist on making the class a super niche Tank (somehow) and that low damage doesnt matter because he'll be around to survive, heal and revive people who play "glass cannon" Hero's. People told him to get Atra but nah, Akatsuki top tier sword for HR

the guy said he'd play another game instead in last accident, and this is posted before that. So i assume they already knew. :lol:
probably posted (or i didnt pay attention) before i got a chance to read that since the mods cleaned up so i didnt see that

now this guy is going to go around doing the typical "I got help but when people tried to tell me my niche place style doesnt work and you should play this way to help me out in the nicest of ways, they all come off as a pure toxic community" etc etc usual MMO behavior.

GHNeko
Nov 6, 2018, 09:52 PM
didnt you read his posts in the finds/accomplishments thread? (which the mods already cleaned up), hes one of the select few of Heros who insist on making the class a super niche Tank (somehow) and that low damage doesnt matter because he'll be around to survive, heal and revive people who play "glass cannon" Hero's. People told him to get Atra but nah, Akatsuki top tier sword for HR

bruh you think i dont know

but i think its best to answer his questions in earnest than to point and laugh because if he at least listens, then he'd become better off.

Reilet
Nov 6, 2018, 09:58 PM
Nah, it's not. It's not amazing but it's servicable and most players won't have much more than that, unless they whale out on affixes.

I'm talking unbuffed of course, and not including the 60 ele which is easily another 1-1.2k atop of that.

Dunno what to tell OP though, for research purposes I ran enchanted forest solo for a while now and gran sorcerers where extremely infrequent, but even if they managed to spawn I just killed them quickly without any problems.

Dunno about you, but i sit at 3.6k unbuffed WITH a basilis sword. He’s using akatsuki apparently, and if i had that I would be in the 4k range, i only have 150 atk affixes too, something that is easily achieveable now.

God forbid that his 3.3k is after shifta and/or after all buffs.

Kondibon
Nov 6, 2018, 09:59 PM

but i think its best to answer his questions in earnest than to point and laugh because if he at least listens, then he'd become better off.Even if he doesn't maybe this might someday help another wayward soul, having problems with them.

or some shit like that.

GHNeko
Nov 6, 2018, 10:10 PM

but i think its best to answer his questions in earnest than to point and laugh because if he at least listens, then he'd become better off.

TakemiShinnosuke
Nov 6, 2018, 10:40 PM
obviously this troll is most likely paid to do so.
reason could be to draw people away to a another game.
and this other game could be just launched and needs people
hence, the paid troll

Agastya
Nov 6, 2018, 11:11 PM
yeah like i have to agree with the sentiment before, as much fun as it is to gang up on people that are obviously playing a non-competitive pve game wrong in an environment that doesn't affect you, giving constructive feedback to them is still far more useful for both them and the community's health than having your threadly circlejerk, no matter how utterly wrongly somebody is playing the game

hence, the paid troll

this isn't fkl you buffoon

Flaoc
Nov 6, 2018, 11:44 PM
well actually he posted this thread wayyyy after the shitstorm happened in the other thread.. considering i do have the ability to look back at said mess i can confirm it was many hours after

SteveCZ
Nov 6, 2018, 11:48 PM
well actually he posted this thread wayyyy after the shitstorm happened in the other thread.. considering i do have the ability to look back at said mess i can confirm it was many hours after

Wait you mean there was another shitstorm going on before the last one?

Flaoc
Nov 7, 2018, 12:13 AM
err no it was all in the finds thread

SteveCZ
Nov 7, 2018, 12:16 AM
err no it was all in the finds thread

oh k i was wrong then. I did assume cause I thought he wouldn't post anything after the incident. :lol:

ArcaneTechs
Nov 7, 2018, 01:06 AM
hence, the paid troll
ah yes, why didnt this hit me before?

probably documenting the reactions hes getting to use for w/e thing

TehCubey
Nov 7, 2018, 11:31 AM
Dunno about you, but i sit at 3.6k unbuffed WITH a basilis sword. He’s using akatsuki apparently, and if i had that I would be in the 4k range, i only have 150 atk affixes too, something that is easily achieveable now.

150 atk affixes are neither average nor required for performing well. Examine players in the lobby or in the field, even the ones you see are pulling their weight and generally know what they're doing - and I can guarantee only very few will have affixes on this level. Well, that's at least for units, weapons are easier but also variable (atra will have less s-atk due to a focus on S affixes for example). I think your standards are set unrealistically high.

OP's problem, really obvious now that I read about those deleted posts (the posts themselves I didn't get to read in time), isn't that he is too weak but that he has no idea how to play the class. More power can't make up for inept gameplay.

hence, the paid troll

Are you trying to have the dumbest post in the thread?

TakemiShinnosuke
Nov 7, 2018, 11:51 AM
Are you trying to have the dumbest post in the thread?[/QUOTE]

stop feeding the troll and also I am not the troll..

just pointing what might seem logical....

besides, did you need to reply to everything .. if you did not like the comment you can choose not to comment lol.. calling me dumb is just pure fail...

there is something called "IGNORE" lol

TehCubey
Nov 7, 2018, 12:17 PM
I didn't call you dumb, I called your post dumb.

If OP is a paid shill then why do I not see any mentions of a game he's supposed to shill? You'd also think he'd try his luck in a larger place than a forum with ~50 active posters. PSO2 is already not very popular in the west but from all communities dedicated to it, pso-w is definitely the smallest.

So no, I do not see any logic behind your statement.

And shit, if there are paid trolls on this forum now, I want in! Why troll for free if you can get paid?*

(* - this is a joke)

TakemiShinnosuke
Nov 7, 2018, 12:25 PM
@ TehCubey (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?81696-TehCubey)

Sorry for jumping to the conclusion..

in any case.. since you asked... well here you go...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2009531.0

and

https://toughnickel.com/self-employment/How-to-Become-an-Internet-Troll-on-YouTube

what I can find so far.. anymore I am not sure

Saffran
Nov 7, 2018, 02:47 PM
"i only have 150 atk affixes too, something that is easily achieveable now."
150 on the sword or 150 on all your equipment? (600 total)
Most people are probably not getting more than 70 to 80 a piece. And that's assuming they actually bother with it.

Original Poster: you may feel that sorcerers heal too much, but they don't. It's you who are not dishing damage properly.
What I mean by that is that you need to use the right PA at the right time, with the right conditions.
You say you can sometimes deal with it by using the hero finish, it's a start but it's not time efficient. (as you noticed and noted)
If it works for you, fine, but you noticed yourself that it wasn't really ideal.
That's the reason why they heal "so much". It forces you to look into the game mechanics and find out "this weapon has a good damage potential" or "There are drinks that buff PA damage" or ... so many other things. And once you understand all that and adapt the way you attack (equipment, PA, strategies) then you will be able to dispose of them more easily. You won't be able to simply vaporize them like some people do, because *that* would require a pretty long list of conditions to meet, but you won't be facing a wall whenever 4 or 5 sorcerers pop up.

Ideally you want to have a weapon that is more approriate than Akatsuki. It's a good sword by itself, but the potential only works when you're a Hunter.
Try a Guren Sword (it gives Shifta automatically) or... any of the latest swords, really. Demonia should be dropping with relative ease, it should boost your damage. Atra should be easy to get too, you can just buy the fodder and use that one chronos stone that you get with the titles for clearing the Dragon EQ.
Try using something other than swords, as well. You could be abusing Brand New Star and its invincibility counter, it would certainy do a bit of damage. Depending on your skill tree the simple act of changing the weapon type and attacking would boost your Hero Finish bar. (so you can hero finish more often, etc)
Anyway 3.3k Atk is not really enough if that's your ATK with buffs and everything. Remember the content is geared for mutiple players. If you want to solo that kind of content you will need more than the usual. The people posting Endless Quest solo clears, for instance, all have much more atk than you do. Most of them are not Heroes to begin with.

Just for the anecdote I sit at 3.3k Atk too, but that's with no buffs whatsoever. I'm just barely below 4k when boosted (3976).
I'll try to solo EF as a Hero. My hunch is that you're not using the right strategies and that your equipment is gimping you.

Edit: So I went and... ah. The sorcerers are totally doable. It's just a matter of doing damage in burst to make sure you kill one (or several) and gradually get rid of them. Cockatrix is annoying. Well, actually pretty much every combination of stronger enemies is annoying.
I thought Brand New Star would be pretty good but it turns out "invincibility" is a vague term. You can totally take hits even as you hear the sound that you successfully evaded an attack, you can get hit as you counter (which is supposed to have iframes) and damage can simply stack and be accounted for a couple of frames after you sucessfully pull a clean evade+counter so... yeah. But it's solid damage, all things considered.
You may or may not have realized this but Hero really shines when you don't get hit. I had a lot of trouble clearing EF, all things considered. It took me a while, too. But any time I could stay out of trouble for some length of time I performed better. Maybe you should start training the timing for various counters. It will go a long way.

Sirius-91
Nov 7, 2018, 10:55 PM
Are you trying to have the dumbest post in the thread?

Of course he is.

TakemiShinnosuke
Nov 7, 2018, 11:31 PM
Of course he is.

fail... you failed the troll test..

booo

that it... no more trolls here lol..

Ahri
Nov 7, 2018, 11:50 PM
https://img.fenixzone.net/i/mRW9ZYA.jpeg

SteveCZ
Nov 8, 2018, 12:35 AM
I like trains.

TakemiShinnosuke
Nov 8, 2018, 01:03 AM
and some of you here want to be paid trolls but no one is getting riled up by these comments

also means that there are no reactions for you to collect data on

What a dumb ass.... lol

ArcaneTechs
Nov 8, 2018, 02:37 AM
and some of you here want to be paid trolls but no one is getting riled up by these comments

also means that there are no reactions for you to collect data on

What a dumb ass.... lol
you need to realize people here are humoring you

TakemiShinnosuke
Nov 8, 2018, 03:26 AM
lol ok.. why do that when i am not the troll.. weird

Reilet
Nov 8, 2018, 03:30 AM
When all you need for a 145 affix is: reverie, “__” the soul, stat 3, elegant. It’s investment is practically the elegant, and reverie if it’s expensive.

Put ares and noble instead and it’s 125. Sure, you’re lacking hp and maybe pp, but it is NOT hard to reach.

3.3k atk with a hero using akatsuki is practically zero atk affixes. 999 base + ~2.1k = 3099. Which the 200 difference can be made by shifta or innate unit attack

When we talk >150 atk, >100 hp, >10 pp; THAT’S when it’s above average.
Those people who have barely nothing affixed? They’re are just being lazy/not wanting to deal with affixing because it’s by far the biggest pain in the game. We aren’t in a time where 80 affix is a struggle to do anymore.

It’s one thing to have less attack affix in favor of hp and/or pp, but it’s a whole other thing to think reaching 150 attack is hard or isn’t standard because “no one has it.”

ArcaneTechs
Nov 8, 2018, 03:48 AM
lol ok.. why do that when i am not the troll.. weird
i dont want to be mean so ill let you figure that out on your own

Flaoc
Nov 8, 2018, 09:08 AM
https://i.imgur.com/mSFXk2a.gif

Loveless62
Nov 8, 2018, 07:50 PM
With the new MH campaign, you have a chance to pick up a Zara sword for a reasonable amount of effort. That sword is pretty good for Hr.

That said, from what you said about your struggles with the sorcerers, I am concerned about your skill build. If you prioritized defense over offense with your skills, you may have severely compromised your performance..

TehCubey
Nov 8, 2018, 08:15 PM
When all you need for a 145 affix is: reverie, “__” the soul, stat 3, elegant. It’s investment is practically the elegant, and reverie if it’s expensive.

Put ares and noble instead and it’s 125. Sure, you’re lacking hp and maybe pp, but it is NOT hard to reach.

Having double checked market prices: noble should be affordable (can easily double the cost of an affix though), but elegant is a whale affix. If you want to add Elegant to all your units, that's 25m down the drain. How much are those on your ship?

And yeah, I know, a really dedicated player should have money for this kind of affixes. The problem is assuming that everyone is on this level of dedication, or if that they are not then they're just bad/lazy.

Also, even 80 atk can be a pain if you want lots of hp/pp and/or affix for all-atk instead of a specific type. I'm reminded of a certain player who affixed units in preparation for hero before the class was out, not knowing in advance it'd basically be 100% s-atk.

Zephyrion
Nov 9, 2018, 07:46 AM
Having double checked market prices: noble should be affordable (can easily double the cost of an affix though), but elegant is a whale affix. If you want to add Elegant to all your units, that's 25m down the drain. How much are those on your ship?

And yeah, I know, a really dedicated player should have money for this kind of affixes. The problem is assuming that everyone is on this level of dedication, or if that they are not then they're just bad/lazy.

Also, even 80 atk can be a pain if you want lots of hp/pp and/or affix for all-atk instead of a specific type. I'm reminded of a certain player who affixed units in preparation for hero before the class was out, not knowing in advance it'd basically be 100% s-atk.

I actually agree that 120 ATK for a unit is a very solid baseline that you can achieve even without tons of mesetas
Ares + Pow III + Arks Max + Omega reverie + Noble is currently insanely cheap, very easy to make for 125ATK 55HP 7PP which is a solid enough basis for any melee class. you can just add Arks fever going 6s, which doesn't dramatically increase fodder price for 130ATK 12PP

As usual the real issue will always be knowledge gap. You have to know ATK matter, you have to know how affixing works (I'm still surprised we don't have an affix compendium to this day, and I don't even mean a comprehensive tutorial, just a list of affixes, what boosts them and how to create some of them). This results in some people draining their mesetas doing their fodder inefficiently, or taking gambles when they could avoid it and so on

I'm honestly wishing there was an "auto-affix" option in the game that makes people pay 2-3M mesetas to automatically generate a 80ATK 35HP 3PP affix or something like that. So that people who don't want to bother with how intricate it is (which I totally can get behind) could just roll with that

final_attack
Nov 9, 2018, 08:19 AM
I actually agree that 120 ATK for a unit is a very solid baseline that you can achieve even without tons of mesetas
Ares + Pow III + Arks Max + Omega reverie + Noble is currently insanely cheap, very easy to make for 125ATK 55HP 7PP which is a solid enough basis for any melee class. you can just add Arks fever going 6s, which doesn't dramatically increase fodder price for 130ATK 12PP

I'm curious .... how much (approx) for that 【 Ares + Pow3 + ArksMax + OmegaReverie + Noble 】?
Does it involve upslotting for final step?
How much for Noble alone again? o-o
Thanks.

Saffran
Nov 9, 2018, 10:55 AM
Zephyrion

As usual the real issue will always be knowledge gap. You have to know ATK matter, you have to know how affixing works (I'm still surprised we don't have an affix compendium to this day, and I don't even mean a comprehensive tutorial, just a list of affixes, what boosts them and how to create some of them). This results in some people draining their mesetas doing their fodder inefficiently, or taking gambles when they could avoid it and so on

It's a very good point. So much so that I just might send it to Sega's Comments corner.

ralf542
Nov 9, 2018, 11:05 AM
I'm curious .... how much (approx) for that 【 Ares + Pow3 + ArksMax + OmegaReverie + Noble 】?
Around 8mil if you do 4->5slot with 40% booster and 82/88/76/82/100 chance, 15mil with no upslot. I have included Dudu fee's too. And well 45mil is a ton of meseta for me for all 3 units, I could buy 20-40 [Ba] from it.

final_attack
Nov 9, 2018, 11:18 AM
Around 8mil if you do 4->5slot with 40% booster and 82/88/76/82/100 chance, 15mil with no upslot. I have included Dudu fee's too. And well 45mil is a ton of meseta for me for all 3 units, I could buy 20-40 [Ba] from it.

Ah ... I see.... Thank you ^^

TheFanaticViper
Nov 9, 2018, 11:30 AM

Don't try to upslot with final affix, it's a guarantee fail!

How much for Noble alone again? o-o
Thanks.

It's very easy to make, here a example : simulation (http://pso2affix.seilent.net/#!/s=RA21.ZB01.ZC01.AA03.TD0F&1=SB04.TK01.ZB01.ZD01.ZC01&2=TK01.ZA01.ZC01.ZB01.ZD01&3=TK01.ZA01.ZC01.ZD01.ZB01&4=TD0F.ZA01.ZC01.ZD01.ZB01&5=TD0F.ZA01.ZC01.ZD01.ZB01&r=SH40.AA03.TL01.TK01&o=B07.A06/s=RA21.ZA01.ZB01.ZC01&1=TD0F.ZA01.ZB01.ZC01&2=XA01.ZB01.ZC01.ZA01&3=AA03.ZB01.ZC01.ZA01&4=AA03.ZB01.ZC01.ZA01&5=&r=RA21.AA03.TD0F.ZA01.ZB01&o=A06)

If arks fever 5s is too expensive (i have no idea about that lol), just buy cheap one and upslot yourself (fever always 100% with booster)
The only expensive part is Noble strike, last time i checked it was still expensive (10M on ship2), but it's prob lower now.

Zephyrion
Nov 9, 2018, 12:08 PM
Don't try to upslot with final affix, it's a guarantee fail!

It's very easy to make, here a example : simulation (http://pso2affix.seilent.net/#!/s=RA21.ZB01.ZC01.AA03.TD0F&1=SB04.TK01.ZB01.ZD01.ZC01&2=TK01.ZA01.ZC01.ZB01.ZD01&3=TK01.ZA01.ZC01.ZD01.ZB01&4=TD0F.ZA01.ZC01.ZD01.ZB01&5=TD0F.ZA01.ZC01.ZD01.ZB01&r=SH40.AA03.TL01.TK01&o=B07.A06/s=RA21.ZA01.ZB01.ZC01&1=TD0F.ZA01.ZB01.ZC01&2=XA01.ZB01.ZC01.ZA01&3=AA03.ZB01.ZC01.ZA01&4=AA03.ZB01.ZC01.ZA01&5=&r=RA21.AA03.TD0F.ZA01.ZB01&o=A06)

If arks fever 5s is too expensive (i have no idea about that lol), just buy cheap one and upslot yourself (fever always 100% with booster)
The only expensive part is Noble strike, last time i checked it was still expensive (10M on ship2), but it's prob lower now.

I'm putting Noble here specifically because latest support scratch revived Noble items with a good rate, so far on ship10
Power 3.5M
Shoot 1M
Technique 700k

Naturally this is merely a template, you can replace it with whatever decent flavor-of-the-month cheap affix. The point is, IF you know how to proceed, it's incredibly easy to get solid budget affixes, the hard part being knowing how in the first place

TheFanaticViper
Nov 9, 2018, 03:58 PM
I'm putting Noble here specifically because latest support scratch revived Noble items with a good rate, so far on ship10
Power 3.5M
Shoot 1M
Technique 700k

OMG indeed i just checked the prices on Ship2 and it's approx the same thing (only notable diff is shoot at 2M)