PDA

View Full Version : Remnants of Other Worlds: Omega Masquerade *Discuss* *Tips and tricks* *strategy kill

Pages : [1] 2

diamondx
Dec 5, 2018, 07:54 AM
Please post yall results on this mission: Remnants of Other Worlds: Omega Masquerade.

So we can share our ideals and thoughts about how to defeat this menace to society and also share your rare drop items results to please. Good luck to yall all. May the Phantasy Star Force be with yall always. :)

XrosBlader821
Dec 5, 2018, 08:03 AM
Elga dropping Class Cubes should speed up the process of getting +35 on NT weapons.

SteveCZ
Dec 5, 2018, 08:16 AM
Class cubes, excubes, weapon form voucher (is that what it is called?), Persona Reverie so far.

It's pretty much dodge happy to me. You can even dodge the next attack after you're locked by that whatever attack that "stuns" you (using Hero tho so far).

Moffen
Dec 5, 2018, 08:23 AM
What Steve said.
Class cubes, Excubes, Form change vouchers, Reveries, Some SSA Capsules and something i can easily repeat and dont get punished too hard if i have to reset. Elgas fun, quite fair for a boss so far.

XrosBlader821
Dec 5, 2018, 08:23 AM
apparently Elga drop some S4 Abilities but unfortunately some of them are jarringly Flash related abilities.

SteveCZ
Dec 5, 2018, 08:24 AM
What Steve said.
Class cubes, Excubes, Form change vouchers, Reveries, Some SSA Capsules and something i can easily repeat and dont get punished too hard if i have to reset. Elgas fun, quite fair for a boss so far.

Ahh I was actually wondering where I got the SSA in my inventory. Apparently from that. Well thanks.

Suirano
Dec 5, 2018, 08:40 AM
So a friend of mine got this unit on his 3rd run of Omega Masquerade.

Also, on Omega's Depth 5, he creates a clone of himself in his rage phase. It doesn't have a lot of health tho. He abuses his combo attack a lot where he dashes across the field and some attacks home in on your more than normal. The fight overall is still the same from what I've seen.
https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/55b1a96f0d45f1f812fad594f5c3594e-png.jpg
https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/920490eb60e47b0bacd5e059758ec9b0-png.jpg

wefwq
Dec 5, 2018, 08:40 AM
4 pillars in the corner is really handy to avoid lethal charged attacks.

silo1991
Dec 5, 2018, 09:38 AM
so the class cubes are a guaranteed drop? , the RDB 250% is really necessary ?

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 5, 2018, 09:44 AM
this is hard esp the first stage.. how does anyone clear this at all ??

his 3 hit sword combo litaerally ignores whether you stand behind the wall or not

edit: Its fun I admit but its kinda hard.. also: Once again , the great content its stuck behind some super hard quest that only some can hope to clear...zzzzzz

when will they make a quest that is not too hard or easy to clear..

Masu
Dec 5, 2018, 10:40 AM
*snip* quite fair for a boss so far.
Not with bullet bow :v

Dunno tf is going on but after some time only my normals seems to deal dmg while he doesn't give a shit of any PA I throw on him (no numbers appearing too despite I hit him 0.o)

Edit

If you spam the same PA, he'll negate one of those PA and does it again. The worst part is it doesnt overwrite unlike Anga barrier and stacks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJPkBc-BN4w

Meteor Weapon
Dec 5, 2018, 10:51 AM
Not with bullet bow :v

Dunno tf is going on but after some time only my normals seems to deal dmg while he doesn't give a shit of any PA I throw on him (no numbers appearing too despite I hit him 0.o)

If you spam the same PA, he'll negate one of those PA and does it again. The worst part is it doesnt overwrite unlike Anga barrier and stacks.

Also why are you guys calling it Elga Masquerade lol? Elga just literally means Elmir Omega. There'sno Elmir here lol.

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 5, 2018, 10:51 AM
fair ?? how is a 3 sword combo able to hit you when you are behind a wall ?

Meteor Weapon
Dec 5, 2018, 10:52 AM
fair ?? how is a 3 sword combo able to hit you when you are behind a wall ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

Asellus
Dec 5, 2018, 10:56 AM
Easy. (https://ibb.co/GPT8yRZ)
Plowed through with talis all the way. How many more levels on this thing?

TehCubey
Dec 5, 2018, 11:43 AM
There's no title for clearing depth 5, which makes me wonder how many levels is this supposed to have. We'll find out eventually.

SteveCZ
Dec 5, 2018, 12:38 PM
so the class cubes are a guaranteed drop? , the RDB 250% is really necessary ?

On depth 4 I have my 250% RDR expired and destroyed the crystal without popping RDR cause I forgotten. I only got form voucher and weapons/units, no excubes whatsoever. So I can likely assume that, yes you need RDR.

oratank
Dec 5, 2018, 01:16 PM
this is hard esp the first stage.. how does anyone clear this at all ??

his 3 hit sword combo litaerally ignores whether you stand behind the wall or not

edit: Its fun I admit but its kinda hard.. also: Once again , the great content its stuck behind some super hard quest that only some can hope to clear...zzzzzz

[SPOILER-BOX]when will they make a quest that is not too hard or easy to clear..https://blog-imgs-111.fc2.com/k/a/r/karen126/201812051807198b7.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
add this to your unit

ZerotakerZX
Dec 5, 2018, 04:35 PM
Enjoy fighting this fucker so far, almost don't care that rewards were kinda meh so far.There is a title with 30 levels clearing. I guess we stuck with Masquerade for a while. I overpowered him 9 times. I wish it would be 10, but I fought with him on lower difficulty once with another class, so my progress is kinda screwed over forever.
I prefer using defensive tactics and loadouts, takes 5-7 mins to take him down usually, but still getting insta killed occasionally. Tell myself it's just bad luck and try again. Usually it's safe more or less.

[SPOILER-BOX]https://blog-imgs-111.fc2.com/k/a/r/karen126/201812051807198b7.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
add this to your unit

Player who can afford that prolly can oneshot Masquerade. Plus, this fractions of stats is helpful, but not gamechangehing.

RefrainDP
Dec 5, 2018, 05:33 PM
Do drops get better at higher levels or are they still pretty much the same?

Cyber Meteor
Dec 5, 2018, 05:36 PM
they get better the higher you go, but for now it's just higher slot number materials i got and a 2nd of this new S4 item , also boosters do have an effect on the drops, i usually get 2 class excubes with 250 RDR, none without

Btw, stage 10 got some cool surprises ^^, forgot to take screens to show you

Azure Falcon
Dec 5, 2018, 06:48 PM
I have no idea how this is beatable, at some point he'll just start teleporting around like crazy (while you're already avoiding a screen full of projectiles) and grab you for an insta-kill even if you're mashing the hell out of mirage escape the entire time. Real fair design. Sega seems to have an obsession with making their solo content about being able to flawlessly dodge bosses that can one shot you at any point.

Salavtore
Dec 5, 2018, 07:04 PM
Whats an easy pattern you guys figured so far?

Also, anything special going on with the units? Just another base 30 points to dmg stats?

NotRankin
Dec 5, 2018, 07:05 PM
Dodge better.

Traumin
Dec 5, 2018, 07:13 PM
I have no idea how this is beatable, at some point he'll just start teleporting around like crazy (while you're already avoiding a screen full of projectiles) and grab you for an insta-kill even if you're mashing the hell out of mirage escape the entire time. Real fair design. Sega seems to have an obsession with making their solo content about being able to flawlessly dodge bosses that can one shot you at any point.

What Depth are you? I find that the easiest attack to dodge imo

final_attack
Dec 5, 2018, 07:17 PM
Lucky run as GuHu ....
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saAMaER7LiQ[/SPOILER-BOX]

Might want to aim Chain on head.
Personal experience, using SRollArts at close range (after double jumping) will most likely apply Chain on head.
Or wait until it does AoE circular slash before applying (don't forget to jump)
Don't try apply Chain using SRollArts when his hands reaching out (missile barrage-type attack), it'll apply on it's hand instead.

AtomizerLovers might save your life (invulnerable while using Atomizer-type items)

Also, as far as defense / HP goes, might want aim higher (I think mine's on lower side than most)
I can survive Depth 9 warp-grab-attack with Lv1 MH, using this kind of survivalability (900-ish damage taken) .....

Skill Tree as in sig.

Azure Falcon
Dec 5, 2018, 07:20 PM
What Depth are you? I find that the easiest attack to dodge imo
I'll make the assumption that depth corresponds to how many times you've beaten him, in which case 1, because I can't get past that insta-kill. Even had an attempt where I'd not been hit up until that point and bam - grabbed and dead while mid-mirage.

Traumin
Dec 5, 2018, 07:29 PM
I'll make the assumption that depth corresponds to how many times you've beaten him, in which case 1, because I can't get past that insta-kill. Even had an attempt where I'd not been hit up until that point and bam - grabbed and dead while mid-mirage.

Weird. When about are you dodging the attack?

Velmoria
Dec 5, 2018, 07:31 PM
at some point he'll just start teleporting around like crazy (while you're already avoiding a screen full of projectiles) and grab you for an insta-kill even if you're mashing the hell out of mirage escape the entire time.

Use Safoie-0 to get away from it.
Better run out of it's reach than if can't tell the grab timing.

Reilet
Dec 5, 2018, 07:34 PM
^ It's actually significantly easier to avoid it by running or using a movement PA/Tech.

Azure Falcon
Dec 5, 2018, 07:43 PM
Weird. When about are you dodging the attack?
To be honest I don't know exactly how that attack is telegraphed, but when I see him teleporting around in the air (which always seems to be just before the grab) I've been spamming short mirage.

Mr3chi
Dec 5, 2018, 07:48 PM
still 2' to 2:20 with sufi 2 marons, 2 melons. d10 now. have to remake 2 melons but worth it :D

Anduril
Dec 5, 2018, 08:35 PM
Got through Depth 1 on my second try with like 8:32 (forgot to screenshot the actual time) on Su/Br playing very defensively, cycling through my 3 Marons and running away while Alter Ego was on cooldown (my first attempt was as Fi/Bo and I misjudged how far I was from him when I was charging a Resta).

To be honest I don't know exactly how that attack is telegraphed, but when I see him teleporting around in the air (which always seems to be just before the grab) I've been spamming short mirage.

I was able to avoid them all by trying to mirage perpendicular to him just as he reappears rather than forward or back; when fighting Elga in the story, I noticed that the cage's reach seems to extend a bit further forward, but is somewhat narrower than the model would suggest.

Mattykins
Dec 5, 2018, 08:37 PM
Just cleared the first depth, but only barely by the grace of Iron Will. Ra has so few good PAs to use against a hyper-mobile boss like that that by the end I was just loading weak bullets just to lob at him for the damage :V

Got a 6s persona reverie unit tho, so woohoo?

Zephyrion
Dec 5, 2018, 08:54 PM
Done with all classes, and up to floor 10, Wasn't exactly easy but not as gruesome as solo XQ

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/IBwzs89.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Asellus
Dec 5, 2018, 08:56 PM
Anyone struggling at level 1 won't make it to 10. Just about every hit bleeds you, projectiles poison you, its ring closes on you and freezes you. Masquerade erupts spikes all around you for several seconds while attacking you with either melee or range (sometimes both). Its clone is stronger at level 10 and it looks like masquerade's ultimate strike has an extra finisher move? (I could be wrong).
Cleared it (https://ibb.co/D7dk6gz), but not so proud of my time. I hope that level 10 isn't the end of the line.

SteveCZ
Dec 5, 2018, 10:02 PM

Like Reilet said you can avoid it just by moving away, well at least to the side to be safe (as anduril said, perpendicular?). He stall a little bit quite long after he does that so you don't wanna get too far anyway to give more hits or do whatever like shifta.

Edit: I forgot to add cause the talk was mirage stuff. If you can time it properly, the grab can be countered/normally dodged as well.

Gaylar
Dec 5, 2018, 10:28 PM
my times so far have all been around 2:50~3:20 on hu/fi, but man that bleed can be nasty, at first it was just on the ending part of his combo after enrage but by depth 9~10 he got it on the big spin move too, oh lawdy if he ends up getting heal jamming in later depths :wacko:

i noticed one of his attacks (those slow orbs he shoots that poison you) seem to go through my charge parrying without actually procing the guard, just guarding normally works fine but man those things certainly loved to loop around on me sometimes

ArcaneTechs
Dec 5, 2018, 11:45 PM
this is actually fun content and a great casual filter. please make it the new Expert Block req sega <3

Flaoc
Dec 5, 2018, 11:54 PM
the unfun part is 5 runs ends too fast

Salavtore
Dec 6, 2018, 12:22 AM
the unfun part is 5 runs ends too fast

Agreed

But i will say, this is the perfect "daily" for the end game players, Rewarding for those of us who doesn't feel like waiting for apprentice or mech raids for decent drops to sell later.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 6, 2018, 12:52 AM
i noticed one of his attacks (those slow orbs he shoots that poison you) seem to go through my charge parrying without actually procing the guard, just guarding normally works fine but man those things certainly loved to loop around on me sometimes

It probably lingers awhile after it explodes bypassing your Iframe time

Loyd Azakuya
Dec 6, 2018, 01:22 AM

To avoid the teleport grab, just ran, it's just that easy, although I prefer to stay still and counter him like a boss
for anyone having trouble with this boss, just go to the story mode version and memorize his attacks, once you know his moves and know how to avoid/block them, its not that hard
I fighted him so many times in story mode and now him is no that hard to me

I really love this boss and wanted to fight a stronger version of him, the only thing I dont like about this quest is that he dont speak, Its more fun to me if he is speaking to me, taunting at me, really hope that he starts speaking at higher levels, that and also that we can only fight him 5 times a day

Cleared Depth 10 without problems, forgot to record it, so Im going to leave this screen for now
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.gyazo.com/4e694968aa733808b6e2ea39b983d59c.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Suirano
Dec 6, 2018, 02:40 AM
So I have noticed, during my runs from Depth 6-10. He never once did his resistance barrier. I was using JBs mostly spamming Gran Wave, occassionaly Strike Gust, Moment Gale when he summons his clones and occassional IlGrants. He never once resisted anything I did. However, on floors 2-5, he did it every round.

I do not understand how I am avoiding that barrier.

TehCubey
Dec 6, 2018, 04:28 AM
So I have noticed, during my runs from Depth 6-10. He never once did his resistance barrier. I was using JBs mostly spamming Gran Wave, occassionaly Strike Gust, Moment Gale when he summons his clones and occassional IlGrants. He never once resisted anything I did. However, on floors 2-5, he did it every round.

I do not understand how I am avoiding that barrier.

On the other hand as a hero I found the barrier popping up more and more frequently as I advanced past depth 6. I finished depth 10 with the sword shift action energy beams because he became resistant to rising slash, vapor bullet, and I think counters as well - and that's with mixing up my attacks and not just spamming a single one.

So far the difficulty growth of the fight was very well done, with every depth becoming harder at about the same rate as the player's familiarity with the fight grows - because of it, I didn't find myself having a significantly more difficult time with depth 10 than I did with depth 1. Hopefully the quest will keep this up and not stonewall us with ridiculous barrier limits, massive healing reduction (noticed -10% already on depth 10) or other punishing mechanics.

Also this means if you can clear even the first depth, then with practice you can master them all as well. At least that's the case so far.

milranduil
Dec 6, 2018, 05:02 AM
according to twitter, the barrier occurs anytime you've done 20% of his max HP with a single PA/hr counter. even if you alternate, eventually he will resist your highest dmging PA once it accumulates to around 1.5-2mil dmg of that PA unless you're using 6+ PAs (which doesn't seem particularly efficient anyway).

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 6, 2018, 05:52 AM
any HR clear video?

ZerotakerZX
Dec 6, 2018, 05:52 AM
according to twitter, the barrier occurs anytime you've done 20% of his max HP with a single PA/hr counter. even if you alternate, eventually he will resist your highest dmging PA once it accumulates to around 1.5-2mil dmg of that PA unless you're using 6+ PAs (which doesn't seem particularly efficient anyway).

He plays dirty

Masu
Dec 6, 2018, 05:54 AM

Nice, more headaches incoming <_<" So I guess at very last stages everyone will end up using a GS or spamming normals xD

Also is the rear item a stage 10 reward or can I consider myself "lucky" with this? (still no 12* rear :( )

Ezodagrom
Dec 6, 2018, 06:05 AM
You mean this attack?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JYYUBJ_DCw#t=3m04s

I find it to be one of his easiest attacks to dodge, pretty much just dodge to the left when he's about to hit. ^^;

any HR clear video?
I guess you can check the video I linked above, it's just depth 1 and I'm pretty clumsy at dodging sometimes (and I even had to rely on Hero Will at one point), but I did clear it as Hero, using mostly sword and switching to talis when he was resisting the sword counter.

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 6, 2018, 06:09 AM
any HR clear video?

Ezodagrom
Dec 6, 2018, 06:11 AM
any HR clear video?
Check the last post of the previous page. ^^;

Though one thing to note, before he powers up, I find it much easier to dodge his attacks by dodging to the left than to the right, I often get hit when trying to dodge to the right (happens a few times in the video I linked in the last page).

Saffran
Dec 6, 2018, 06:30 AM
I sometimes dodge his grab attack by simply standing still and attacking so frankly I'm not sure what piece of advise I could give.

The way his double slash with timeskip works is very weird to me. I seem to only be able to counter the second slash.

milranduil
Dec 6, 2018, 06:42 AM
hr counter should work on the time stop but it's very early. if you see yourself take a small amount of damage, that's what freezes you and you countered too late. i just spent an hour practicing with a 1* katana in story, i'd recommend it to anyone having trouble.

edit: i just tested in story and hr can counter it. it's just very early. the grab can generously be avoided with brightness end parry as well.

CrossOmega
Dec 6, 2018, 06:47 AM
The time stop hit would be just when he starts swinging his sword at you. I've been hero countering that pretty reliably.

My suggestion for him is to switch to tmg and dodge when you see him start moving his sword out of the pose, that way if you get hit by the time stop u still would get the iframe from the counter if you are invisible in the time stop.

Loyd Azakuya
Dec 6, 2018, 08:12 AM
To avoid the time stop, use dodge at the right time, he starts using it at Phase 2
When he is doing this pose it means he is going to use it
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.gyazo.com/e2ba7b8847f875715c1a8e9de0ee1347.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Wait until he jumps and start spining
Dodge here
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.gyazo.com/d496e8987bfccbc4f9c5300ecb25cfcf.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Also for some reason some people dont know, but you can break free of the time stop if you move fast in circles (this also applies to Luther time stop and any stun move) so if it freezes you there is not really a problem
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.gyazo.com/a08378ae602457118852c5a97b3da849.jpg https://i.gyazo.com/5b6720b709659920bba7b38126cd1bf7.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
You can also block/counter his teleport grab if you didn't know
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.gyazo.com/e06703a37ee807b4c9e03330d6cbab29.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Sorry if my english is bad sometimes

Loveless62
Dec 6, 2018, 08:12 AM
I haven't seen anybody say anything about it, so I will post it here: it looks like the time freeze is a STUN, so you can shake out of it. Getting out of it early can help you deal with the big attack afterward. I also noticed that the big attack seemed to be aimed at where you were frozen. I was hit with it in mid-air at low double jump height, then I shook out and landed. His big attack then whiffed over my head.

Disclaimer: note that I have only fought up to level 4 because I haven't had much time to play. It's possible that the time freeze changes properties at higher difficulties.

Edit: my statement about the time freeze was ninja'd :-(

Traumin
Dec 6, 2018, 11:19 AM
I think I'm just a shitter at this rate because my first and only clear took 10:43; I ended up killing him with Elder DB

SteveCZ
Dec 6, 2018, 01:16 PM
I think I'm just a shitter at this rate because my first and only clear took 10:43; I ended up killing him with Elder DB

Hey, at least you survived and win (and experienced smashing the guy with DB).
I'm pretty sure despite of how many success we find here, there are still those who end up dead all the time and still trying their best.

Well not sure if later stages will require everyone to end up using DB (in terms of benefit) or not, we'll see.

Tigy
Dec 6, 2018, 01:56 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/d6fe3e3e1619d0f00dc1485ebebf6eba.jpg

At least I cleared each stage on first try so far. Somehow he resisted katana counter most of the time.

silo1991
Dec 6, 2018, 02:13 PM

ha... my record is 9:23 minutes with my jetboots BO/HU , but i dont deny i almost used the DB too.

i was dodging all the time with the weapon action it looked fun , but i just cleared the level 1 , the level 2 got me :/

Saffran
Dec 6, 2018, 03:44 PM
So the first sword slash is actually active "before" you see him striking? OK...

ZerotakerZX
Dec 6, 2018, 04:53 PM
I had no idea that Dark Blast is allowed here, but it will certainly help if his HP continue to grow.

Traumin
Dec 6, 2018, 04:55 PM
I had no idea that Dark Blast is allowed here, but it will certainly help if his HP continue to grow.

Yeah, I only got DB cause I got to 10 minutes and my attacks finally charged it up lol

ArcaneTechs
Dec 6, 2018, 05:37 PM
I haven't seen anybody say anything about it, so I will post it here: it looks like the time freeze is a STUN, so you can shake out of it. Getting out of it early can help you deal with the big attack afterward. I also noticed that the big attack seemed to be aimed at where you were frozen. I was hit with it in mid-air at low double jump height, then I shook out and landed. His big attack then whiffed over my head.

Disclaimer: note that I have only fought up to level 4 because I haven't had much time to play. It's possible that the time freeze changes properties at higher difficulties.

Edit: my statement about the time freeze was ninja'd :-(
First time he froze me i just did what i do with Luther freeze, either counter or shake out of it. It just felt too obvious but i think if sega didnt let you, ppl would be super upset

Ahri
Dec 6, 2018, 06:34 PM
By the time I completed it without problems ~

https://img.fenixzone.net/i/aw2Qk9S.jpeg

The only inconvenient he has had is when he makes his counter

TehCubey
Dec 6, 2018, 06:39 PM
Starting with depth 14, he starts to summon a copy the second time, when very low on HP.

First time he did it, he actually died a moment later so the copy became passive and just walked away. Funny thing.

Loyd Azakuya
Dec 6, 2018, 07:21 PM
Depth 15 Cleared, I'm really having fun with this boss
I messed it up a few times, I got hit several times and I messed up the counter timing sometimes

https://youtu.be/N7PM2OiEnwA

CrossOmega
Dec 6, 2018, 07:22 PM
Starting with depth 14, he starts to summon a copy the second time, when very low on HP.

First time he did it, he actually died a moment later so the copy became passive and just walked away. Funny thing.

He always summons a clone if you take too long even in depth 5.

TehCubey
Dec 6, 2018, 07:34 PM
He always summons a clone if you take too long even in depth 5.

Then he does it faster than on earlier depths, because my depth 15 clear was actually faster than depth 5, and only several seconds longer than depth 10 (5:53 for hr - not the best score but whatever). Yet I saw him summon a second clone while he didn't do it before.

Suirano
Dec 6, 2018, 07:51 PM
Cleared Depth 15. I guess I am fortunate that I have always been varied with JBs so far since he still doesn't use the barrier on me. I wonder how the arena will change at Depth 20.

milranduil
Dec 6, 2018, 08:56 PM
managed to clean up my phase1 more or less. missed a few counters, probably would have been sub 2 otherwise. shien katana
[spoiler-box]
https://i.imgur.com/PUiUY99.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

the_importer_
Dec 7, 2018, 12:21 AM
Well, I made it to it's final phase after the 4 tries (took me 2 tries to learn that using Barantsion was suicide :( ), but I ran out of useful light techniques that he wasn't blocking. Any strategies to will prevent him from blocking techniques?

milranduil
Dec 7, 2018, 12:24 AM
Well, I made it to it's final phase after the 4 tries (took me 2 tries to learn that using Barantsion was suicide :( ), but I ran out of useful light techniques that he wasn't blocking. Any strategies to will prevent him from blocking techniques?

you have to resort to using ilbarta. you can lock onto his core so it's damage isn't unreasonable but, you don't really have other options. no way around him blocking techs, once a single tech has done 20% of his HP, that tech is blocked. each tech/compound has its own barrier.

ZerotakerZX
Dec 7, 2018, 05:33 AM

I'm not entirely sure myself, but I think you have to vary, mix and match different moves. If this won't prevent him from blocking anything, but can at least greatly postpone barrier rising. At least I play as Fi and and constantly using different PAs and never had any real problems with barriers.

Zephyrion
Dec 7, 2018, 07:00 AM

To add to what Mil said

While the way I did with FO is not exactly time attack tier, it still let me clear within 3 minutes or so
- Throw a few ragrants while keeping close, wait for him to backdash, then use Barantsion sideways during his projectile barrage (you can also release Barantsion right as he does the final attack of his double slash into slam but that requires some good timing since the invul on that is pretty short). Use Re Barantsia when you feel the need to dodge and reposition.

- Use Pflare with rod and spam Ilgrants + Grants. you want to do about 2 grants for 1 Ilgrants. Don't hesitate to use pillars as cover for his projectile barrage.
If you do well enough, he should actually be well into his second phase and decide to resist one, if not both your techs. If not you can keep using the techs even outside of Pflare to shave off as much of his HP as you can.

- You can now pop Zandion very freely, just be sure it's either well before, or after his grab attack because your Zandion would then fully miss during his teleports.
Normally with all this he should be close, or using his final attack. Just push him to that threshold with techs he hasn't resisted yet (grants/Ilgrants/Ragrants/Ilbarta as Mil said is okay too). I'd advise to use Nabarta if you're a bit unsure about the timings.

- Regardless of whether or not he performed his ultimate attack, once you run out of light techs, and provided your compounds landed,he should be veeery close to death, so you can normally finish him off with Re Barantsia and/or another Barantsion if it went off cooldown.(depending on how much you used it to reposition, he might end up resisting that, but when he does, one of your 3 other light techs hasn't been resisted yet so you can finish him off with said tech instead)

My FO gear is not that godly, and I didn't go there with mad boosts or mad strats either, but pretty sure FO can ruin this boss in around 2 minutes (my 3 minutes run was on stage 7 and I only looked for a not too painful clear). This strat also revolves around your compound actually landing, so be sure to resort to Ilbarta should they miss and all your light techs are cucked

DavidAG
Dec 7, 2018, 08:11 AM
I haven't tried myself, but how does a ranger deal with this quest? Parallel Slide 0 seems great until he blocks it. What do you have after that? Facetank him while using end attract or sat cannon? Can your mates last enough?
And the high jump + double jump into end attract strat doesnt sound too good here since mask seems to be able to reach anywhere with his attacks.

Mattykins
Dec 7, 2018, 08:18 AM
I haven't tried myself, but how does a ranger deal with this quest? Parallel Slide 0 seems great until he blocks it. What do you have after that? Facetank him while using end attract or sat cannon? Can your mates last enough?
And the high jump + double jump into end attract strat doesnt sound too good here since mask seems to be able to reach anywhere with his attacks.

Unfortunately I had to start going down the list. One point and piercing shell work well enough, but past that you start having to rely on stuff like grenade shell and homing emission-0. Loading and using wbs just for their damage is also an option. Also, I don't recommend using tps mode due to how flighty he is. Just lock on and don't let him out of your sight.

Zephyrion
Dec 7, 2018, 08:19 AM

you can use a combination of weak bullet and launcher PAs to circumvent that (Zero Distance and Rodeo Drive 0 are surprisingly good at that) to postpone the inevitable Parallel Slider resist. Good old One point and Homing emission 0 are also pretty good for this boss

TheFanaticViper
Dec 7, 2018, 10:25 AM
On the depth's selector there's 3 numbers ... so that's mean this boss have at least 100 depth, and potentially 999 !! :-D

Meteor Weapon
Dec 7, 2018, 10:31 AM
To add to what Mil said

While the way I did with FO is not exactly time attack tier, it still let me clear within 3 minutes or so
- Throw a few ragrants while keeping close, wait for him to backdash, then use Barantsion sideways during his projectile barrage (you can also release Barantsion right as he does the final attack of his double slash into slam but that requires some good timing since the invul on that is pretty short). Use Re Barantsia when you feel the need to dodge and reposition.

- Use Pflare with rod and spam Ilgrants + Grants. you want to do about 2 grants for 1 Ilgrants. Don't hesitate to use pillars as cover for his projectile barrage.
If you do well enough, he should actually be well into his second phase and decide to resist one, if not both your techs. If not you can keep using the techs even outside of Pflare to shave off as much of his HP as you can.

- You can now pop Zandion very freely, just be sure it's either well before, or after his grab attack because your Zandion would then fully miss during his teleports.
Normally with all this he should be close, or using his final attack. Just push him to that threshold with techs he hasn't resisted yet (grants/Ilgrants/Ragrants/Ilbarta as Mil said is okay too). I'd advise to use Nabarta if you're a bit unsure about the timings.

- Regardless of whether or not he performed his ultimate attack, once you run out of light techs, and provided your compounds landed,he should be veeery close to death, so you can normally finish him off with Re Barantsia and/or another Barantsion if it went off cooldown.(depending on how much you used it to reposition, he might end up resisting that, but when he does, one of your 3 other light techs hasn't been resisted yet so you can finish him off with said tech instead)

My FO gear is not that godly, and I didn't go there with mad boosts or mad strats either, but pretty sure FO can ruin this boss in around 2 minutes (my 3 minutes run was on stage 7 and I only looked for a not too painful clear). This strat also revolves around your compound actually landing, so be sure to resort to Ilbarta should they miss and all your light techs are cucked

Works on lower levels, Depth 10 and higher is almost impossible due to HP sponge.

Asellus
Dec 7, 2018, 11:14 AM
I'm not noticing anything different in the fight on level 15 other than more ground spikes throughout. I want to see Omega Masquerade spam projectiles and floor spikes on higher levels.

Masu
Dec 7, 2018, 11:30 AM
On the depth's selector there's 3 numbers ... so that's mean this boss have at least 100 depth, and potentially 999 !! :-D
They will have to make it worth to run then.10>15 nothing worth and nothing better than lower ones (unit slots wise). If it's just for ego strokes then am out of this :etongue:

SteveCZ
Dec 7, 2018, 11:44 AM
They will have to make it worth to run then.10>15 nothing worth and nothing better than lower ones (unit slots wise). If it's just for ego strokes then am out of this :etongue:

But curiosity kills man. Anyway I kinda feel the number of drops increases... but maybe it's just my feeling I dunno cause I didn't count. :lol:

Asellus
Dec 7, 2018, 12:11 PM
If it's just for ego strokes then am out of this :etongue:

The fight itself is worth any effort and overdue in pso2. I didn't think pso2 had it in them to make a beast like omega masquerade. This game needs more content like this and clearing the final stage should be the new expert mode.

milranduil
Dec 7, 2018, 12:13 PM
Works on lower levels, Depth 10 and higher is almost impossible due to HP sponge.

the barrier's are % based, so it doesn't matter.

Masu
Dec 7, 2018, 12:19 PM
But curiosity kills man. Anyway I kinda feel the number of drops increases... but maybe it's just my feeling I dunno cause I didn't count. :lol:
Well maybe maybe some coobs and units with lower slots than before...wew! XD About curiosity. If it was another game, yeah maybe but we all know that it will turn into total bullshit at some point 0u0

cheapgunner
Dec 7, 2018, 01:54 PM
Tried this run for the 1st time. Thnx for the hints and tips for fighting this guy. Helped immensely. Ran SuFi and as expected from my semi-scrub status, I did struggle a bit but wasn't too bad. Only had trouble when I didn't time my restas and Masquerade started to close in on me. I thought that his barriers would have launched immediately after a pillow throw but they did not. Had a 5:27 time but could have halfed that run if I had just spammed pillow throws at the beginning.

I would love to see a Triple Masuqerade Code fight in a Raid EQ one day. Would be pretty lulzy-worthy to see.

ZerotakerZX
Dec 7, 2018, 02:27 PM

Ohmygod u right. Our lives are pointless.

Ahri
Dec 7, 2018, 04:13 PM
I was able to overcome my previous record, I feel that I could do one shoot to my pets soon.

https://img.fenixzone.net/i/yzWflQ4.jpeg

final_attack
Dec 7, 2018, 05:42 PM
I was able to overcome my previous record, I feel that I could do one shoot to my pets soon.

What's the extra reward (I did Depth 1 twice on my alt, so, my max Depth will be 19 later) ^^;

Ahri
Dec 7, 2018, 05:49 PM
What's the extra reward (I did Depth 1 twice on my alt, so, my max Depth will be 19 later) ^^;

No have tittle the floor 20 :(

Symphie
Dec 7, 2018, 06:53 PM
Someone must have giggled to themselves when they made Depth 20 reward 10 SG. Why even bother putting that there. :v

XeNoSLaSHeR
Dec 7, 2018, 10:29 PM

This is so impressive! Mind sharing the strategy to this please? kinda having a bad time past stage 10 :<

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 7, 2018, 10:49 PM
maybe hard to finish for some etc etc
but look at it another way and this is what i see

- can be used as a gear check/ play style check cause every level he gets tougher
new content ( weapon form passes etc ) is locked behind this quest.
- before it becomes mainstream they would need to know how many people actually want it..

ArcaneTechs
Dec 8, 2018, 01:27 AM
i tried this as SU/FI, i didnt realize what a big joke SU made it to be (i didnt revolver Maron either)

Flatflyer
Dec 8, 2018, 03:36 AM
Got to depth 4 and stopped, the fight is alright except for the insta kills that sometimes happen but I'd honestly play it more if we had a 4-player (or even just 2-player) version or something, so I could mess around with friends while doing it.

Ahri
Dec 8, 2018, 05:02 AM
This is so impressive! Mind sharing the strategy to this please? kinda having a bad time past stage 10 :<

I have no problems sharing my strategy with you ^^

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/345988907

All my effort is based on my personal experience and I can measure the risks correctly

i tried this as SU/FI, i didnt realize what a big joke SU made it to be (i didnt revolver Maron either)

Everyone who uses maron revolver is a fucking inexperienced who do not know how to properly use a class, congratulations that you are not one of those ~

ArcaneTechs
Dec 8, 2018, 05:04 AM
Everyone who uses maron revolver is a fucking inexperienced who do not know how to properly use a class, congratulations that you are not one of those ~
theres nothing bad about doing that though, its easy damage but with this particular quest its not obviously not recommended with the dmg nullification but with how I play SU i dont always do it, its actually rare for me now a days to use revolver.

Ahri
Dec 8, 2018, 05:10 AM
theres nothing bad about doing that though, its easy damage but with this particular quest its not obviously not recommended with the dmg nullification but with how I play SU i dont always do it, its actually rare for me now a days to use revolver.

For if he has everything bad and shows the quality of the player is.

TehCubey
Dec 8, 2018, 05:33 AM
For if he has everything bad and shows the quality of the player is.

I too think spamming marons is the exact opposite of high level gameplay (though I don't play SU so what do I know), but this kind of comment really makes you sound like a judgemental prick. Might want to tone it down.

Ahri
Dec 8, 2018, 05:57 AM
I too think spamming marons is the exact opposite of high level gameplay (though I don't play SU so what do I know), but this kind of comment really makes you sound like a judgemental prick. Might want to tone it down.

I would like to see "the high level" in an eq type buster, if you do not know anything about the class keep silent, the only thing you are looking for is to mix those who really want to make an effort.

If so sure is what he says, tell me a good example of why Maron revolver is good.

milranduil
Dec 8, 2018, 06:06 AM
I would like to see "the high level" in an eq type buster, if you do not know anything about the class keep silent, the only thing you are looking for is to mix those who really want to make an effort.

If so sure is what he says, tell me a good example of why Maron revolver is good.

you're welcome to s-rank new amdu UQ without maron gun, be my guest! as dumb as it is, it's still the best su has in some places, though the number of places has reduced this year thankfully.

i recorded a 1* run of story mode masquerade which i've been using to practice counter timing with katana. hopefully it helps others learn counter timing as well as the attacks in story are identical to solo UQ, just without the vocal cues.
[spoiler-box]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6aSVwM9D3w
[/spoiler-box]

TehCubey
Dec 8, 2018, 06:25 AM

Your post is hard to parse but if I understand it correctly then you accuse me of something I didn't say.

I'm not saying Maron revolver is good, I'm saying you're being a toxic prick for judging people who use it. Especially since like milranduil and kril posted, it still has places where it's the top meta option.

SteveCZ
Dec 8, 2018, 06:33 AM
Well maybe maybe some coobs and units with lower slots than before...wew! XD About curiosity. If it was another game, yeah maybe but we all know that it will turn into total bullshit at some point 0u0

I've been sucked into this bullshit. Cause form pass is life... please halp me. :-(
The fact that (as far as I've been) it doesn't seem to give more voucher nor excubes/class excubes (not more than 2 each so far) the higher the depth is already demotivate me. =/

I somehow got 7s persona reverie unit though so it's a chance of good money for quick runs. $$$

Ahri
Dec 8, 2018, 06:44 AM
Your post is hard to parse but if I understand it correctly then you accuse me of something I didn't say.

I'm not saying Maron revolver is good, I'm saying you're being a toxic prick for judging people who use it. Especially since like milranduil and kril posted, it still has places where it's the top meta option.

I think you get carried away by what other people say and do not form own criteria, I only say what is wrong and because of those people is that make the nerf as rude as the Su/Gu for being top meta

and apologize if I do not understand correctly but use a translator.

TehCubey
Dec 8, 2018, 06:50 AM
It's not wrong though. The people I mentioned last post already said Maron revolver has its uses. You're just stating your own opinion as objective fact and using it as an excuse to look down on others.

Ahri
Dec 8, 2018, 06:55 AM
you're welcome to s-rank new amdu UQ without maron gun, be my guest! as dumb as it is, it's still the best su has in some places, though the number of places has reduced this year thankfully.

i recorded a 1* run of story mode masquerade which i've been using to practice counter timing with katana. hopefully it helps others learn counter timing as well as the attacks in story are identical to solo UQ, just without the vocal cues.
[spoiler-box]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6aSVwM9D3w
[/spoiler-box]

Do only UQ in a quest that is designed to be multi-player ?, no thanks, I do not like to waste time in nonsense and also boast something that anyone can do with Maron stir, if you both like to show off because you do not show me your title of Legend Of Arena?

I also started practicing the fight of Masquerade Elmir as it should be and I did not just do Torim Shout and Torim Spirar to finish it.

Suirano
Dec 8, 2018, 07:16 AM
Beat Depth 20.
Me: I wonder what the next accessory will look like
Reward is only 10 SG
D:<

Masu
Dec 8, 2018, 07:46 AM
I've been sucked into this bullshit. Cause form pass is life... please halp me. :-(
The fact that (as far as I've been) it doesn't seem to give more voucher nor excubes/class excubes (not more than 2 each so far) the higher the depth is already demotivate me. =/

I somehow got 7s persona reverie unit though so it's a chance of good money for quick runs. $$$

Got 11 class coobs for 15>20 so number is not fixed it seems. Got a 6slots unit 5 first stages and now am stuck at 5 max and obviously from all the ones I got I have not a serie of 3 identical ones to ease upslot (sure I can buy missing ones from shop but still) :D
No sign of weapons 0.o

Me: I wonder what the next accessory will look like

If any ^^; The rear piece was an obvious one but I didn't noticed they did show up anything else than that in their video. Maybe color variation like they did with Endless. I wouldn't mind a sword camo tho.

HaxMega
Dec 8, 2018, 11:37 AM
No sign of weapons 0.o

You won't get weapons if your summoner because it only drops weapons for your class. (Gunslash doesn't seem to drop on SU either even though its technically on class)

Loyd Azakuya
Dec 8, 2018, 12:23 PM
Depth 20

https://youtu.be/mrTmhmny7Xk

Masu
Dec 8, 2018, 01:45 PM
You won't get weapons if your summoner because it only drops weapons for your class. (Gunslash doesn't seem to drop on SU either even though its technically on class)

Damn sega, let me be lazy in peace!:clown:

Tigy
Dec 8, 2018, 03:54 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/7aff57258ed6d5e54644917b21e24f7a.jpg
Still using full satk tree at this point and ice kazami... shamelessly. I doubt I will manage to get first try clear on depth 30+, heal nerf was starting to be noticeable on 20+.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 8, 2018, 03:54 PM
Do only UQ in a quest that is designed to be multi-player ?, no thanks, I do not like to waste time in nonsense and also boast something that anyone can do with Maron stir, if you both like to show off because you do not show me your title of Legend Of Arena?

I also started practicing the fight of Masquerade Elmir as it should be and I did not just do Torim Shout and Torim Spirar to finish it.
look we're not getting into this SU debacle again because for whatever reason you seem to think you're the top SU player here on the site or something, just drop it. People can use whatever pets they want whether it be Maron Revolver or not, it'll just be on them to utilize the right pets for whatever quest. So take it down a notch because you're posts are about to start what we already went through before

For the people on Floors 20-25 (i missed a day so im not there), is there any difference in the amount of Camo Passes dropping? I don't really see the increase unless its just my RNG

ZerotakerZX
Dec 8, 2018, 04:33 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/7aff57258ed6d5e54644917b21e24f7a.jpg
Still using full satk tree at this point and ice kazami... shamelessly. I doubt I will manage to get first try clear on depth 30+, heal nerf was starting to be noticeable on 20+.

Indeed, if this heal nerf shenanigans continues, this fun quest would be ruined by being handicapped by of being unfair. I mean Phaleg fight was a pain because of this, but at least she had moderate lifebar. No new equipment gonna save your ass, unless you are braver that really good at countering (since Br can endlessly parry and damage at the same time).

Zorak000
Dec 8, 2018, 04:35 PM
using dear master to charge marrons faster takes more skill than you would think. when you suddenly want to get yourself killed, the game will manage to find ways to hold even that from you

anyway the attack-nullification mechanic means you can't use throw more than once or twice per run; same goes with aero spiral. but as long as you have other pets like synchro and viola available, you don't gotta worry too much about that. Just don't use Cery/Popple/Redran for this; the concept of having the boss attacking something that isn't you really takes the edge off, and well, the pets that stay by your side will kinda make him focus you more.

I'll try to clear it more on a class that is amazingly fun to duel him with, like hero, but if I just want to get it over with I'll get over to summoner.

Tigy
Dec 8, 2018, 04:40 PM
For the people on Floors 20-25 (i missed a day so im not there), is there any difference in the amount of Camo Passes dropping? I don't really see the increase unless its just my RNG
Only got 10 with classic +250 and daily boost. Drop amount doesn’t feel much different neither the rate.

Indeed, if this heal nerf shenanigans continues, this fun quest would be ruined by being handicapped by of being unfair. I mean Phaleg fight was a pain because of this, but at least she had moderate lifebar. No new equipment gonna save your ass, unless you are braver that really good at countering (since Br can endlessly parry and damage at the same time).
He could resist katana counter... need to play more aggressively with pa to balance the damage. At least I could prevent him to resist any move now.

ZerotakerZX
Dec 8, 2018, 04:50 PM
Only got 10 with classic +250 and daily boost. Drop amount doesn’t feel much different neither the rate.

He could resist katana counter... need to play more aggressively with pa to balance the damage. At least I could prevent him to resist any move now.

Oh, I had no idea counter is a PA to him. Anyway, let's us better think what we gonna do when heal nerf becomes ridiculous.

Ahri
Dec 8, 2018, 05:54 PM
look we're not getting into this SU debacle again because for whatever reason you seem to think you're the top SU player here on the site or something, just drop it. People can use whatever pets they want whether it be Maron Revolver or not, it'll just be on them to utilize the right pets for whatever quest. So take it down a notch because you're posts are about to start what we already went through before

Well leave him in peace your pathetic thought of the maron revolver

Passes are the same amount 10 for 5 floor, what you notice that increases are the class excube

Asellus
Dec 8, 2018, 06:43 PM
So basically Omega masquerade is a class cube trove dropping garbage and cubes. I wish it dropped its unit on higher levels or maybe a useful weapon. I could see pso2 patching this quest to add more drops on higher levels.

Did I see two clones at the same time in depth 25, it died as it was spawning.

Ahri
Dec 8, 2018, 06:46 PM
Did I see two clones at the same time in depth 25, it died as it was spawning.

Yes and they have approximately 600K ~ 700K of HP each

ArcaneTechs
Dec 8, 2018, 09:41 PM
Well leave him in peace your pathetic thought of the maron revolver

Passes are the same amount 10 for 5 floor, what you notice that increases are the class excube

There is nothing wrong with Maron Revolver, you are not the best SU out there, get over it

Oh and fyi, lets see you clear Depth 25 on another class thats not SU, since SU is literally the easiest class to clear Masquerade with. Show us your true skill buddy

Ahri
Dec 8, 2018, 10:33 PM
There is nothing wrong with Maron Revolver, you are not the best SU out there, get over it

Oh and fyi, lets see you clear Depth 25 on another class thats not SU, since SU is literally the easiest class to clear Masquerade with. Show us your true skill buddy

I do not have to show anyone as pathetic and casual as you

If so easy you think you can use the Su you can try to beat my records ~

ArcaneTechs
Dec 8, 2018, 10:58 PM
I do not have to show anyone as pathetic and casual as you

If so easy you think you can use the Su you can try to beat my records ~

SU/FI and HU/FI are literally the 2 easiest classes to run this quest on, you can be pantsu on head accoustic if you want but no matter how you argue, these 2 classes dominate this quest and SU as a whole is a class you literally cannot die while your pet is alive. play dumb all you want, boast about your low times (which btw UD has a 00:59 clear time on Masquerade), no matter how you approach this, you are playing an easy class. gg

Suirano
Dec 8, 2018, 11:39 PM
Why does it even matter what class you play as long as it works for you to clear it? I would rather people play whatever class even if its easy if it means being decent at the game.

Does every thread on this site devolve into this mess?

ArcaneTechs
Dec 8, 2018, 11:40 PM
Why does it even matter what class you play as long as it works for you to clear it? I would rather people play whatever class even if its easy if it means being decent at the game.

Does every thread on this site devolve into this mess?
its devolving into this because if you aren't playing Ahri's way, then youre trash mate

Ahri
Dec 9, 2018, 01:58 AM
its devolving into this because if you aren't playing Ahri's way, then youre trash mate

Look random I'm getting tired of this, I gave an opinion that I was not even going for anyone but you got stuck with a thousand blades shirt

ArcaneTechs
Dec 9, 2018, 02:28 AM
Look random I'm getting tired of this, I gave an opinion that I was not even going for anyone but you got stuck with a thousand blades shirt
this is now my signature

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 9, 2018, 02:29 AM
I just want the weapon change form pass.. is there any other way to get it besides this quest ??

ArcaneTechs
Dec 9, 2018, 02:30 AM
I just want the weapon change form pass.. is there any other way to get it besides this quest ??
no, you can just clear the first Depth too if you're that lazy with each class for ez 80 pass titles

your only alternative is to get good

Ahri
Dec 9, 2018, 04:18 AM
this is now my signature

You want it, the good thing that you are alluded with what I say and that suits for me ;D

Do not forget what I wrote and you easily fell ~

congratulations that you are not one of those ~

Tigy
Dec 9, 2018, 11:22 AM
https://youtu.be/6Br6Jxb9Fcs
So positioning with guren right after poison orb and then spam counter, also no kc escape, okay got it.

Ahri
Dec 9, 2018, 03:54 PM
Floor 30 completed, now I notice a gradual change in the HP of Omega Masquerade and it's taking me longer than necessary

https://img.fenixzone.net/i/WhtNpsM.jpeg

Raujinn
Dec 9, 2018, 03:55 PM
He's a bit beefier on 30. Healing reduction is stronger too, Atra S4 now heals 19 max.

TehCubey
Dec 9, 2018, 04:12 PM
Huh, daily attempts reset earlier than I thought. I guess my timezones were messed up. Let's proceed with the clears then.

What depth is the next title on, if there's another one?

ArcaneTechs
Dec 9, 2018, 04:35 PM
Floor 30 completed, now I notice a gradual change in the HP of Omega Masquerade and it's taking me longer than necessary

https://img.fenixzone.net/i/WhtNpsM.jpeg
now run it on a class that isnt easy

HaxMega
Dec 9, 2018, 04:39 PM
Huh, daily attempts reset earlier than I thought. I guess my timezones were messed up. Let's proceed with the clears then.

What depth is the next title on, if there's another one?

Next title is 50 clears with a reward of 50SG.

ZerotakerZX
Dec 9, 2018, 04:41 PM
now run it on a class that isnt easy

Which is ez?

He's a bit beefier on 30. Healing reduction is stronger too, Atra S4 now heals 19 max.

Damn, worst scenario.

milranduil
Dec 9, 2018, 05:15 PM
still barely 2min on depth30. 2:3x-2:4x is still possible, i just don't play too well right after waking up lol
[spoiler-box]
https://i.imgur.com/WUY32pA.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

ArcaneTechs
Dec 9, 2018, 05:15 PM
Which is ez?

SU/FI and HU/FI

Ahri
Dec 9, 2018, 06:00 PM
still barely 2min on depth30. 2:3x-2:4x is still possible, i just don't play too well right after waking up lol
[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

:o nice record, now one question, you use attack drink or weak drink with that prem boost?

milranduil
Dec 9, 2018, 06:28 PM
shifta drink

XeNoSLaSHeR
Dec 9, 2018, 09:56 PM
shifta drink

This is beyond awesome..may i know if u did the vid for the run and uploaded it somewhere? Need to study your moves entirely. If possible may i know the skill tree + katana you're using too? Thanks in advance!

Loyd Azakuya
Dec 9, 2018, 11:35 PM
[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

Mind sharing your affix and gear? I got like 4:30 with Braver, but I was playing safe this time

milranduil
Dec 10, 2018, 12:20 AM
FCast 85/85 br tree is katana dual stance with s-atkup1 lv 10, hu sub is full s-atk +crit (no automate) https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?16eSbHIobHIobHIobHIobHIobHIobHIobHIo bHIobHIo0jebdBdoJfkI20fJksSI2qndBdBIb00000006dodA0 0fdAdBIo000000jdoIbIb00dAdBIo000000jdoIb00dBdBIb00 0000dB006dBdBIb0000008dBIn00jdndBdB0000008donokbGA dFjbxrKGSGFdBqAdBdB000000doIbIo00dBdBIb000000jdB00 dndBdB000006dBIb9b000008
shien katana 4/3/4 135s-atk + phrase weak
pvp unit/double unit/tag bode with 205/225/205s-atk, kc ring equipped in slot
timed abilities 65/65/65, meat stir fry, shortcake, team attack lv8, shifta drink, shiftaride

5960s-atk
[spoiler-box]https://i.imgur.com/0i2vMCF.jpg[/spoiler-box]

i posted a 1* story run a few pages back. it's basically the same thing though with a few kazan's thrown in after he does his double dash + double swipe during rage phase (below 60%HP). if you counter enough and squeeze in sakuras between attacks, he will die before resisting still.

edit: here's the kazan i'm referring to. https://twitter.com/ruusia031/status/1071571496550641664

XeNoSLaSHeR
Dec 10, 2018, 01:49 AM
[spoiler-box]
FCast 85/85 br tree is katana dual stance with s-atkup1 lv 10, hu sub is full s-atk +crit (no automate) https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?16eSbHIobHIobHIobHIobHIobHIobHIobHIo bHIobHIo0jebdBdoJfkI20fJksSI2qndBdBIb00000006dodA0 0fdAdBIo000000jdoIbIb00dAdBIo000000jdoIb00dBdBIb00 0000dB006dBdBIb0000008dBIn00jdndBdB0000008donokbGA dFjbxrKGSGFdBqAdBdB000000doIbIo00dBdBIb000000jdB00 dndBdB000006dBIb9b000008
shien katana 4/3/4 135s-atk + phrase weak
pvp unit/double unit/tag bode with 205/225/205s-atk, kc ring equipped in slot
timed abilities 65/65/65, meat stir fry, shortcake, team attack lv8, shifta drink, shiftaride

5960s-atk

i posted a 1* story run a few pages back. it's basically the same thing though with a few kazan's thrown in after he does his double dash + double swipe during rage phase (below 60%HP). if you counter enough and squeeze in sakuras between attacks, he will die before resisting still.

edit: here's the kazan i'm referring to. https://twitter.com/ruusia031/status/1071571496550641664[/spoiler-box]

Thank you so much for sharing with us! I just wanted to know is the double unit affix 225 s-atk with or without timed abilities?

milranduil
Dec 10, 2018, 01:58 AM
[spoiler-box][/spoiler-box]

Thank you so much for sharing with us! I just wanted to know is the double unit affix 225 s-atk with or without timed abilities?

i listed timed abilities separately. it's affix is 225

XeNoSLaSHeR
Dec 10, 2018, 02:00 AM
i listed timed abilities separately. it's affix is 225
My.. god.. I thought so that it was intentionally separated but i just couldn't believe it lol. Sorry for asking so many questions but what are the affixes?:-o

milranduil
Dec 10, 2018, 02:05 AM
My.. god.. I thought so that it was intentionally separated but i just couldn't believe it lol. Sorry for asking so many questions but what are the affixes?:-o

it's okay. act/pow5/arks max/elder rev/EV pow HP/grace power

ZerotakerZX
Dec 10, 2018, 03:17 AM
5960s-atk

All the tactics a man would need

Loyd Azakuya
Dec 10, 2018, 07:49 AM
5960s-atk
Only 368 more ATK than me
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.gyazo.com/5e2a6c1cd47c177705cfa319d9fb7798.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
does that really make that much difference? or maybe is because of the Weapon? I use Kazami mostly because of the katana gear pot

milranduil
Dec 10, 2018, 09:20 AM
Only 368 more ATK than me
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.gyazo.com/5e2a6c1cd47c177705cfa319d9fb7798.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
does that really make that much difference? or maybe is because of the Weapon? I use Kazami mostly because of the katana gear pot

kazami is only 14% dmg, shien is 18.65% and has 3 SSA slots

Asellus
Dec 10, 2018, 09:51 AM
So did anyone else get Omega Masquerade's unit and several S slot abilities for clearing 30? The crystal at depth 30 was loaded.

milranduil
Dec 10, 2018, 10:01 AM
So did anyone else get Omega Masquerade's unit and several S slot abilities for clearing 30? The crystal at depth 30 was loaded.

all i get is more cube/class cube. nothing else
[spoiler-box]https://i.imgur.com/r18EVhA.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Zephyrion
Dec 10, 2018, 11:02 AM
SU/FI and HU/FI

I kinda don't agree with HU/FI here, and not saying it as a "ewww HU sucks", it's fairly good for survival here, big issue is the resist mechanic, which literally forces you to change weapons if you don't want the quest to take forever (namely Ignition Parry and Volg Graptor, which are both absolutely central for dealing damage for their respective weapons). I tried a few of the higher floors with BR and BO and they seem to have even less issues clearing than HU. GU is probably up there, especially since GU/HU takes longer but still is full cheese mode.

On the topic of drops, got one random flash S4 and Persona rear so can't complain^^

Flatflyer
Dec 10, 2018, 01:57 PM
I kinda don't agree with HU/FI here, and not saying it as a "ewww HU sucks", it's fairly good for survival here, big issue is the resist mechanic, which literally forces you to change weapons if you don't want the quest to take forever (namely Ignition Parry and Volg Graptor, which are both absolutely central for dealing damage for their respective weapons). I tried a few of the higher floors with BR and BO and they seem to have even less issues clearing than HU. GU is probably up there, especially since GU/HU takes longer but still is full cheese mode.

On the topic of drops, got one random flash S4 and Persona rear so can't complain^^

Yeah, Hu definitely struggles a bit due to its weps generally having one or two key PAs for damage dealing, which are pretty likely to just get resisted. your only other options are either PAs that do not nearly as much damage or ones that make you immobile (especially this on WL) which really sucks for this fight.

It still works, but its definitely not as efficient as you could be with other classes I think.

Raujinn
Dec 10, 2018, 02:14 PM
IDK I just open with wired lance then once it's resisting heavenly fall I switch to sword and it never gets to resist anything else.

Bellion
Dec 10, 2018, 04:01 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i64.tinypic.com/f0b3bl.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

:| nothing new in 35 in terms of rewards

Velmoria
Dec 10, 2018, 04:04 PM
Using tanky Hu/Su and I'm fine keep getting slapped by Injury debuff as I can use uncharged [Anti] to "full heal" myself. Also I can use [Megiverse] + [Sonic Arrow] as last resort for healing regular damage due to Heal-nerf.
I rarely use main Hunter, so I'm not used with [Ignition Parry]. PA I used are [Nova Strike], [Rising Edge] & [Guilty Break]. Only [Nova Strike] that seldom got blocked. I don't think because of the damage, but because of how much I spam it to keep up the damage with my other two PAs so they don't get blocked.

I'm using Ceres Zara sword with S1 Yellow Flash, S2 Sturdy Recovery & S3 Umbra Exhilaration. My S-atk only about 4100 after team boost & shifta drink.
Time I took at lv20+ is between 6 to 7 minutes.

ZerotakerZX
Dec 10, 2018, 04:12 PM
Finished LVL30 (missed a day before). This heal nerf + intense injury really grind my gears, but more importantly, sucks out my healing items, I had only one tirmate left last time. Maybe I'll take a break from for a while. Got no good rewards anyway.

Speaking of which: Isn't 1st and 30th are supposed to give you Weapon Change Pass as clear reward? I'm sure I had them as I cleared the stage, along with S4 ablity item. You know, that goes straight to your inventory, instead of dropping out of the red gem. So, I can see both S4 items in my storage, but not weapon passes, only bunch of tickets. What could I miss?

Masu
Dec 10, 2018, 04:33 PM
Finished LVL30 (missed a day before). This heal nerf + intense injury really grind my gears, but more importantly, sucks out my healing items, I had only one tirmate left last time. Maybe I'll take a break from for a while. Got no good rewards anyway.

Speaking of which: Isn't 1st and 30th are supposed to give you Weapon Change Pass as clear reward? I'm sure I had them as I cleared the stage, along with S4 ablity item. You know, that goes straight to your inventory, instead of dropping out of the red gem. So, I can see both S4 items in my storage, but not weapon passes, only bunch of tickets. What could I miss?

If I understand well, those tickets are what you exchange from recycle shop for a Pass (require 150 tickets).

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/Awpv6hh.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

ZerotakerZX
Dec 10, 2018, 04:37 PM
If I understand well, those tickets are what you exchange from recycle shop for a Pass (require 150 tickets).

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/Awpv6hh.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Oh yes, I mistranslated the name, they are very similar. Weird they had those as unique rewards, when they drop like candy.

Oh yeah, I've got this rear unit. Looks appealing to me, but is it good stat wise? I think it's a bit above average for 12*, but what do I know. I think only Phobos is the same tier, just rounded a bit different.

Great Pan
Dec 10, 2018, 07:05 PM
I died under a minute with this guy, nerf it please SEGA!

ArcaneTechs
Dec 10, 2018, 07:54 PM
you guys better not take this guy serious

Monster Hunter Collab is over, shouldn't you be back on MHW with todays recent announcements?

milranduil
Dec 10, 2018, 08:04 PM
daily 1v1's still keeping that 2min
[spoiler-box]
https://i.imgur.com/x96Anko.jpg[/spoiler-box]

SteveCZ
Dec 10, 2018, 09:28 PM

I heard this rumor that this boss has a special skill that will strip Great Pan's units so he can die in almost a single hit. May wanna check! :-o

Meteor Weapon
Dec 11, 2018, 12:48 AM
Unit nerf now that's a first if it were real lmao

Raujinn
Dec 11, 2018, 04:24 AM
I'm beginning to think the drops will never actually get better; they're the same as they always will be from Lv1. The level itself is purely prestige or something.

Wouldn't mind being wrong.

Using tanky Hu/Su...

As another filthy HuSu player I'll give you some advice; don't depend on Megiverse as it gets hit doubly hard by the healing nerf, Beyond a certain point you'll find it completely ineffective (this goes for Hero players too I guess). Hu also shouldn't be using Megiverse anyway you have Automate and all sorts of passive healing skills.

Velmoria
Dec 11, 2018, 04:31 AM
As another filthy HuSu player I'll give you some advice; don't depend on Megiverse as it gets hit doubly hard by the healing nerf, Beyond a certain point you'll find it completely ineffective (this goes for Hero players too I guess). Hu also shouldn't be using Megiverse anyway you have Automate and all sorts of passive healing skills.

Yea, just reached lv30 and noticed that Megiverse only heal 120 HP while uncharged Resta is more effective.
Flash Guard path here with lv0 Automate & lv1 Iron Will, but I have 8x HP Recovery B Mag action as replacement.
See how Masquerade attack inflict more Injury debuff (-max HP), it actually more beneficial to rely on Anti.

*if SEGA adjust Injury debuff to not recover HP when removed.... yep, that's RIP*

Raujinn
Dec 11, 2018, 04:50 AM
Note that if you want to really be bullshit with the build you can also stack Pretty Good with Quick Recovery to make Injury last a mere 5s and Poison only do 1 tick of damage (you'll still get your health back from injury and you don't even need to press a button). Its the most anti-skill loadout in the game but its kinda funny to answer a boss's bullshit with your own bullshit.

E: That said, never bring such a build to a party cause you deny yourself and your support Super Treatment

Velmoria
Dec 11, 2018, 04:57 AM
Wow, that's actually a great idea. I only have lv5 Quick Recovery and it already help me a lot to break free from Ice Freeze debuff.
I will keep that in mind when planning for Guard Stance Hu.

SteveCZ
Dec 11, 2018, 04:57 AM
I'm beginning to think the drops will never actually get better; they're the same as they always will be from Lv1. The level itself is purely prestige or something.

Same here, I feel like they're kinda the same. But I'm curious what depth 50 can give. just a few days more to find out.

Masu
Dec 11, 2018, 05:49 AM

Wouldn't mind being wrong.

Get people hyped>get them disappointed. Sega. This thing is a filler until O.PD..

Same here, I feel like they're kinda the same. But I'm curious what depth 50 can give. just a few days more to find out.

I just keep going for this...better safe then sorry I suppose.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 11, 2018, 06:57 AM
I thought this quest was never really about rare drops but for self challenge and dem tickets. If you get the rear or more cubes, lucky. If not well still get the ticket. Tho, I never really bothered to pop a 250% tbh lol...

ZerotakerZX
Dec 11, 2018, 07:17 AM
I thought this quest was never really about rare drops but for self challenge and dem tickets. If you get the rear or more cubes, lucky. If not well still get the ticket. Tho, I never really bothered to pop a 250% tbh lol...

Damn, we need a like button.

I mean if you can submit such a beast that strong as fuck you must have already OP hero in your control, maybe you don't need a new weapon anyway. But fashion is one of the biggest point of the game, and since it won't tip the balance, why not use it as a reward? But those tickets/passes are still to hard to come by.

Zephyrion
Dec 11, 2018, 09:08 AM
Meanwhile in the world of normal people

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/gfAB8TT.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

as HU, my personal best is 5:10 on 30/35. This boss just hates partizan, or rather I hate dealing with this boss as partizan. Oh well Ignition parries on first phase are literally free so can't complain

Asellus
Dec 11, 2018, 12:05 PM
Sucks that only a handful of classes can manage O.M. Would be a shame if only one or two classes remained viable at higher levels. I'd like to see a force take out O.M. in like 3 minutes at greater depths, I think it's impossible. If anything O.M. is probably a tool for pso2 to gauge class re-balancing. Maybe give every class a counter attack?

milranduil
Dec 11, 2018, 12:19 PM
Sucks that only a handful of classes can manage O.M. Would be a shame if only one or two classes remained viable at higher levels. I'd like to see a force take out O.M. in like 3 minutes at greater depths, I think it's impossible. If anything O.M. is probably a tool for pso2 to gauge class re-balancing. Maybe give every class a counter attack?

fo is still clearing in 3:41 at depth35 (idk best time, but it's solid 3min nonetheless). skip to 8:18 for depth35 itself.
[spoiler-box]

https://youtu.be/ytKHMdOkxFA[/spoiler-box]
obviously countering classes have the easiest time due to how aggressive he is, but that's how the game has always been. it's a shame fo+te's only blocking skill is an elemental tech that does horrendous damage 95% of the time. the class i really see getting shit on is ranger, and even then i think the new launcher helps a lot (obviously can only be used for 20% of the fight, but it's something).

Asellus
Dec 11, 2018, 12:43 PM
fo is still clearing in 3:41 at depth35 (idk best time, but it's solid 3min nonetheless). skip to 8:18 for depth35 itself.
[spoiler-box]

https://youtu.be/ytKHMdOkxFA[/spoiler-box]
obviously countering classes have the easiest time due to how aggressive he is, but that's how the game has always been. it's a shame fo+te's only blocking skill is an elemental tech that does horrendous damage 95% of the time. the class i really see getting shit on is ranger, and even then i think the new launcher helps a lot (obviously can only be used for 20% of the fight, but it's something).

Behind the pillar cheese though. I guess pso2 put in those pillars for that reason. Wow, I wonder how much faster my run would be if I took advantage of pillar cheese.

milranduil
Dec 11, 2018, 12:45 PM
Behind the pillar cheese though. I guess pso2 put in those pillars for that reason. Wow, I wonder how much faster my run would be if I took advantage of pillar cheese.

i mean what do you expect from a class that has no proper counter damage method nor a parry that works for more than one hit.

Loveless62
Dec 11, 2018, 04:11 PM
Fun fact: If you are using Nabarta-0 when you get hit with a time freeze, and don't shake out at all, when he comes back with his big hit, it will be blocked while you are still frozen. I stole this from a Twitch streamer I was watching.

This fight is stupidly easy with Te/Hu using Rappy Shine. Wand smack him and block everything with Nabarta-0. If he gets a status on you, tap Anti for a huge Super Treatment heal. Just don't expect to set any speed records.

milranduil
Dec 12, 2018, 04:18 AM
depth40 2:46, still just small HP buffs for now i think
[spoiler-box]https://i.imgur.com/PfRudiQ.jpg[/spoiler-box]

CrossOmega
Dec 12, 2018, 06:26 AM
50 would be the hell

nyaaaaa
Dec 12, 2018, 07:19 AM
I was about to ask out of curiosity if there was any way a returning-ish/casual player with probably half the stats you guys are running could even manage a Floor 1 clear, buuuuuut.....

the class i really see getting shit on is ranger

...so I am assuming I shouldn't even bother. I play Ra/Hu and most of my stuff is set up more for defensive/survivability purposes than raw power since I just run stuff by myself, but Ranger + probably year-old stats/gear (or the equivalent) is going to be a lost cause I am guessing?

Edit: Oh and my connection is horrible, so if by any chance it is "possible but only if you dodge perfectly for 10mins straight" then that would be a negative/not possible.

milranduil
Dec 12, 2018, 07:30 AM
after getting some data from friends it seems hp isn't really changing since DEPTH30, sitting around 17-17.5M hp for masquerade himself, and 400-500k for his clones (hard to estimate here, but best guess).

you can clear DEPTH1 just fine, he has 7M hp total in there and doesn't hit that hard compared to later on. you will likely have trouble at 10 and on though.

CrossOmega
Dec 12, 2018, 08:07 AM
The clones are around 300k iirc on depth 35
Also kinda rough estimate

milranduil
Dec 12, 2018, 08:37 AM
The clones are around 300k iirc on depth 35
Also kinda rough estimate

i've been charging a full kazan for 300k on each of them, and they don't die until i do another PA or 2.

Loyd Azakuya
Dec 12, 2018, 10:59 AM
kazami is only 14% dmg, shien is 18.65% and has 3 SSA slots

Kazami has 289 more S-ATK than Shien, so approximately how much S-ATK is that 4% extra? (and there are also the SSA slots)
Looks like I really need a new Katana, Im going to get Atra EX the next Week

Depth 40
Still getting 4min
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.gyazo.com/3f38169f429e660bbb0d46f21f2d8e11.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

milranduil
Dec 12, 2018, 12:04 PM
Kazami has 289 more S-ATK than Shien, so approximately how much S-ATK is that 4% extra? (and there are also the SSA slots)
Looks like I really need a new Katana, Im going to get Atra EX the next Week

Depth 40
Still getting 4min
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.gyazo.com/3f38169f429e660bbb0d46f21f2d8e11.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

i was only comparing potentials since you already stated how much less s-atk you have than me. the fact that you have less s-atk than me using a weapon with higher base means my affixes are definitely quite a bit stronger than yours which isn't to be ignored. add to that the 4% pot difference and 3 4% SSAs, and that's even more damage.

Loyd Azakuya
Dec 12, 2018, 12:17 PM
i was only comparing potentials since you already stated how much less s-atk you have than me. the fact that you have less s-atk than me using a weapon with higher base means my affixes are definitely quite a bit stronger than yours which isn't to be ignored. add to that the 4% pot difference and 3 4% SSAs, and that's even more damage.

I know, but I just wanted to know by how much Shien is stronger than Kazami (if it is stronger) to consider it for future weapons

milranduil
Dec 12, 2018, 01:46 PM
I know, but I just wanted to know by how much Shien is stronger than Kazami (if it is stronger) to consider it for future weapons

shien 444 135s-atk phrase is 5.5% stronger than kazami with 220 phrase

Zephyrion
Dec 12, 2018, 02:45 PM
at least a sub 5 on one of those ! HU is really fun on this !

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/NpdC4aO.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Dark Mits
Dec 12, 2018, 03:22 PM
So, how much HP does this boss have? I haven't seen anyone mention it anywhere. All I've seen is that he gains a barrier against a PA/Tech at 1.5-2 million damage from that PA/Tech. So he has approximately 10-12M HP?

Loyd Azakuya
Dec 12, 2018, 03:44 PM
So, how much HP does this boss have? I haven't seen anyone mention it anywhere. All I've seen is that he gains a barrier against a PA/Tech at 1.5-2 million damage from that PA/Tech. So he has approximately 10-12M HP?

Depth 40 has like 19M HP approximately

milranduil
Dec 12, 2018, 04:03 PM
depth30-45 still sitting around 19m total damage dealt. masq's hp still seems to not be changing, though maybe clones have gained some since 30? 45 still feels the same. i'm expecting a jump around 50 due to title again.

Gaylar
Dec 12, 2018, 05:12 PM
depth30-45 still sitting around 19m total damage dealt. masq's hp still seems to not be changing, though maybe clones have gained some since 30? 45 still feels the same. i'm expecting a jump around 50 due to title again.

clones sure feel like they have slightly more, I used to kill them outright in a single full charge TAJA rising edge+normal3 but now it takes almost 2 full risings to kill one

Argajag
Dec 12, 2018, 06:49 PM
Ranger doesn't feel like it's anywhere near the optimal choice for this quest, but that doesn't make the fight any less entertaining. My latest time is nowhere near as good as what some others have posted in here, maybe I'm missing some obvious tactic I should be doing instead.

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/pII4oZf.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Regarding clones, I just ignore them at this point and it seems to be working out fine?

Mattykins
Dec 12, 2018, 07:26 PM
Yeah, as a Ra I mostly ignore the clone and reposition with Parallel-0 if it gets up in my grill. I've yet to get a good time as Ra, and I've relied more on Iron Will than I want to admit, but it's definitely doable.

Ahri
Dec 13, 2018, 03:32 AM
I think I reach my limit, I do not think I can improve the time anymore.

https://img.fenixzone.net/i/bZiWhw4.jpeg

If only he did not move much D:

milranduil
Dec 13, 2018, 03:53 AM
I think I reach my limit, I do not think I can improve the time anymore.

https://img.fenixzone.net/i/bZiWhw4.jpeg

If only he did not move much D:

the pet you hate is the key to fast times
https://twitter.com/jurina_v/status/1072781587434024960

ArcaneTechs
Dec 13, 2018, 05:04 AM
but does this mean Ahri will HAVE TO Maron Revolver to get good times???? he might have to suck it up and do it, go against everything he stands for, make or break, do or die!

Ahri
Dec 13, 2018, 08:41 AM

You will probably try the fast resuscitation roll in conjunction with Rappy to check.

Ty for sharing this o/

milranduil
Dec 13, 2018, 04:30 PM
this is starting to get a bit boring, especially knowing this goes all the way to 100 now. nonetheless depth50 2:54 (3 clones now, feeling tanky now)
[spoiler-box]https://i.imgur.com/0wgBoSl.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Raujinn
Dec 13, 2018, 04:43 PM
It felt like his attack power went up quite a bit here.

But yeh, seein as the F100 reward is just 60 fuckin star gems I'm not bothering to keep up anymore. This is a piss-take.

e: Though according to a friend of a friend;s translation of the clear dialogue, it seems 50 is the halfway point. So there's only 100 floors total it seems

ArcaneTechs
Dec 13, 2018, 05:22 PM
im looking forward to them extending the floors to 150 then 200 mid Ep6

Gaylar
Dec 13, 2018, 07:34 PM
[spoiler-box]https://i.imgur.com/NxrWJWd.jpg[/spoiler-box]

I could've had around 4:30~4:45 but I flubbed a volg combo and also flubbed a just guard which got me stuck in guard animation until my pp ran out because I didn't bother to kill the clones :wacko:
Considering that colossal fuck-up didn't kill me I'm happy enough with that time

Ahri
Dec 13, 2018, 07:48 PM
I try some change in my pets with some good result:

https://img.fenixzone.net/i/kCJ0YpS.jpeg

I guess tomorrow I'll try something else to improve this record or try keep it.

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 14, 2018, 06:51 AM
I wonder whether they will drop the masqeruade unit in the TDF EQ

cause its just that good

Loyd Azakuya
Dec 14, 2018, 02:24 PM
Depth 50
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.gyazo.com/2933c1345b2c9339898e3f4c9a66ee5f.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
It could have been a lot better, but I was using rappy shine instead of my affixed rear because I needed the extra HP because he keeps hitting me for some reason
Does anyone know why this happens?
When he dashes at you and do his 3 attack combo, for some reason I cant counter the second one sometimes
Here I'm holding the guard button and I'm cleary facing him
[SPOILER-BOX]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/224755798016917504/523209027652681730/unknown.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
but for some reason It looks like I got a direct hit from behind
[SPOILER-BOX]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/224755798016917504/523209101283557396/unknown.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
Sometimes I can counter, sometimes not
I'm losing too many attempts because of this

Loveless62
Dec 14, 2018, 05:42 PM
Depth 50
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.gyazo.com/2933c1345b2c9339898e3f4c9a66ee5f.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
It could have been a lot better, but I was using rappy shine instead of my affixed rear because I needed the extra HP because he keeps hitting me for some reason
Does anyone know why this happens?
When he dashes at you and do his 3 attack combo, for some reason I cant counter the second one sometimes
Here I'm holding the guard button and I'm cleary facing him
[SPOILER-BOX]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/224755798016917504/523209027652681730/unknown.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
but for some reason It looks like I got a direct hit from behind
[SPOILER-BOX]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/224755798016917504/523209101283557396/unknown.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
Sometimes I can counter, sometimes not
I'm losing too many attempts because of this
It is possible that you are the victim of a crossup. That is, his attack comes out at a time where he passes through you and his attack counts as coming from behind you instead of in front of you. Therefore the game thinks you are blocking in the wrong direction and you take full damage.

I am not sure how you would prevent this other than to maintain a certain spacing from him (about a foot away from him?) so that, when he uses this attack string, you are not at that bad position when his second attack comes at you.

milranduil
Dec 14, 2018, 11:21 PM
It is possible that you are the victim of a crossup. That is, his attack comes out at a time where he passes through you and his attack counts as coming from behind you instead of in front of you. Therefore the game thinks you are blocking in the wrong direction and you take full damage.

I am not sure how you would prevent this other than to maintain a certain spacing from him (about a foot away from him?) so that, when he uses this attack string, you are not at that bad position when his second attack comes at you.

this is the best explanation i can come up with too. i've managed to isolate it to when he does his double dash, if he's too close to you after the first dash, the second one hits you forcing you to step or remove lock-on temporarily. with practice, i've made sure to stay as close as possible to him so that when he executes his first dash, i'm far enough away on the second one to always block. you sort of get used to judging if your distancing is correct and can instinctively step rather than counter if too close.

Salavtore
Dec 15, 2018, 03:07 AM
Man, i really feel like none of the drops are catching my fancy.

Anyone got any opinions on the Weapons and Units and does it come as a set effect?

Ahri
Dec 15, 2018, 05:35 AM
I've been testing some pet configurations and it seems that Melon is really strong on this floor and I guess in the ones that will come ~

[SPOILER-BOX]https://img.fenixzone.net/i/hj6W7cG.jpeg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Loyd Azakuya
Dec 15, 2018, 06:18 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]

this is the best explanation i can come up with too. i've managed to isolate it to when he does his double dash, if he's too close to you after the first dash, the second one hits you forcing you to step or remove lock-on temporarily. with practice, i've made sure to stay as close as possible to him so that when he executes his first dash, i'm far enough away on the second one to always block. you sort of get used to judging if your distancing is correct and can instinctively step rather than counter if too close.[/SPOILER-BOX]
I recorded a video
First one: he got far away from me and I got the counter
Second one: he's almost the same distance but I got hit instead
Third one: he got really close to me, but I got the counter anyway
Fourth one: almost the same distance but I got hit instead

https://youtu.be/RPCZA8_mN1A
Don't know if you guys see something that I don't
Maybe I should just stop countering the second hit and only evade it

Atmius
Dec 15, 2018, 07:27 AM
To me it looks like you're guarding too early on the followups, so the guard is locking you in position facing in a direction not directly facing elga, resulting in you taking a hit. I haven't played braver since episode 4 though, so take it as you will from one minute of checking lockon guard tracking with a random enemy.

Zephyrion
Dec 15, 2018, 07:31 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]

[/SPOILER-BOX]
I recorded a video
First one: he got far away from me and I got the counter
Second one: he's almost the same distance but I got hit instead
Third one: he got really close to me, but I got the counter anyway
Fourth one: almost the same distance but I got hit instead

https://youtu.be/RPCZA8_mN1A
Don't know if you guys see something that I don't
Maybe I should just stop countering the second hit and only evade it

From my HU experience I noticed that what matters is actually the angle at which he does the first attack.
If I face it properly, the charge parry shield will appear properly in front of me.
If I'm at an angle when he does the first slash, first parry will be in front, but second parry will appear on my side.
Not that I have to worry about it but I guess as BR, you should step it whenever you're unsure of the angle.

Either that or timing as was suggested, since you seem a bit early on those. But I'm surprised it doesn't turn into normal guard in that case so.

Suirano
Dec 15, 2018, 07:36 AM
On Depth40. My times are around 8:30 which I feel are awful. Him blocking my Vinto I kind of expect but not my JB shift action. I spam Gran Wave a lot more and that never has been resisted.

Also, I am kind of getting sick of his animations being over but I still take damage and get statuses.

Atmius
Dec 15, 2018, 08:28 AM
Either that or timing as was suggested, since you seem a bit early on those. But I'm surprised it doesn't turn into normal guard in that case so.
HU has all guard, so mistiming a just guard will still guard you from any direction at a damage/pp loss.

Zephyrion
Dec 15, 2018, 08:45 AM
I know that. I meant if the issue was only mistiming, and not where the attack comes from, chances are his katana counter would have turned into a Katana guard. Hence why I think it's just due to how weird this attack hits.

Atmius
Dec 15, 2018, 09:04 AM
If it were mistiming in a 'too late' sense, that would be a logical conclusion (except not since 'too late' for katana would simply get you hit because you wouldn't have a guard up, but lets ignore that). My interpretation is that after the first katana counter parry he does, he's guarding before he's fully lockon-autofollow turned around, locking him in at an angle that the katana guard doesn't cover for a 'too early' strike.

Loyd Azakuya
Dec 15, 2018, 05:53 PM
If you look closely (and you can even reproduce the video frame by frame with "."), you can see that Im already facing him after doing the counter before he charges at me again
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.gyazo.com/004a61ad93317431f461670c3ebc00d5.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Also you don't need to look straight at him, look here, I'm facing to the right but I got the counter anyway
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.gyazo.com/e5a6f4efa36bc5de4af68f8ee6d5e453.jpg
https://i.gyazo.com/74b181efcdc3cae644aa8e75d6469fe2.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
It seems like that Katana Counter has a range of 180°

Bellion
Dec 16, 2018, 05:03 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]IRON SKILL :argh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSi6QHBmrrg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Gwyndolin
Dec 16, 2018, 10:06 PM
Does the number of weapon form badges ever increase at higher levels?

Suirano
Dec 17, 2018, 12:09 AM
Does the number of weapon form badges ever increase at higher levels?

No, it generally seems to be 1-2 per depth. The items also never really change. Its the same drops on every depth. Even 250% only seem to potentially add more excubes and class excubes and even that is pretty minimal.

Raujinn
Dec 17, 2018, 06:20 AM
It's so far 1 form voucher per clear and 1 additional first-clear bonus (with other items on certain floors for clearing them first time round). So if it wasn't for the class-clear titles you'd have to clear up to floor 75 to get your first form pass and then generally its 150 kills (or 30 days) per pass. Kinda incredibly shitty rate on its own, but there's apparently gonna be other ways to get these so shrug.

Raujinn
Dec 17, 2018, 03:52 PM
The gimmick from Depth 70 seems to be they lowered the threshold before he resists attacks? Maybe I just attacked him differently though, either way thats the first time in 70 floors he's actually resisted two of my attacks.

Also Demerit+70% D:

SteveCZ
Dec 17, 2018, 11:51 PM
Wow this is really good. Also really like what he did on 2:46.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBKDvhZaPrg

Asellus
Dec 19, 2018, 10:45 AM
Wow this is really good. Also really like what he did on 2:46.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBKDvhZaPrg

Not really impressive. You should play hero more often. If your impressed by timing and counter attacks maybe you're leaning too heavy on cheese. This is the only way to fight mask as a hero. Counter attacking his ground pillars using talis/tmg is 101. Seriously, fight mask on hero, if you can't do any of that, just stop playing hero.

TheFanaticViper
Dec 19, 2018, 11:10 AM
Not really impressive. You should play hero more often. If your impressed by timing and counter attacks maybe you're leaning too heavy on cheese. This is the only way to fight mask as a hero. Counter attacking his ground pillars using talis/tmg is 101. Seriously, fight mask on hero, if you can't do any of that, just stop playing hero.

You describe the theory, this player do it in practice with 0 mistake, also the timing for hero finish on the clones is perfect.
So it's REALLY impressive, no need to devaluate the performance.

SteveCZ
Dec 19, 2018, 11:44 AM
Counter attacking his ground pillars using talis/tmg is 101. Seriously, fight mask on hero, if you can't do any of that, just stop playing hero.

I'm not talking about the counter against the pillars though, but I don't expect much from you to be able to see what it is about either.

BloodPuddles
Dec 19, 2018, 11:55 AM

Wouldn't relying on counter/timing be the opposite of cheese? The only other way you could play is being so OP that you just kill him doing nothing but attacking. Counters and timing are the actual skill based part of the game.

milranduil
Dec 19, 2018, 11:55 AM

where's your 2min clear then

Loyd Azakuya
Dec 20, 2018, 08:36 PM
Now that I changed from Kazami to Atra EX, my damage has increased enormously, my usual time was 5min, but now?
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.gyazo.com/10e0a0b400d34ce4fa3575f49e12d814.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Can still be improved because I haven't fully affixed the Katana yet
Also, he is nullifying 3 of my attacks now, both hits of Katana Counter and Sakura End, so he is leaving me with only unsafe Guren

milranduil
Dec 20, 2018, 08:43 PM
Now that I changed from Kazami to Atra EX, my damage has increased enormously, my usual time was 5min, but now?
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.gyazo.com/10e0a0b400d34ce4fa3575f49e12d814.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Can still be improved because I haven't fully affixed the Katana yet
Also, he is nullifying 3 of my attacks now, both hits of Katana Counter and Sakura End, so he is leaving me with only unsafe Guren

he has a decaying damage bonus with austere NT/atra ix. +139% damage at depth1, +40% damage at depth100.

milranduil
Dec 21, 2018, 03:42 PM
depth90 gives 10sg ticket

Tigy
Dec 22, 2018, 06:49 AM
sub 2 lmao, I can't even sub 3 before, atra ex damage bonus is ridiculous.
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.gyazo.com/063d088412b023891d2c88cdb25e106b.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Flaoc
Dec 23, 2018, 03:39 PM
depth 100 gives the persona mask and theres now a title for depth 200.. cmon sega rly? 200 depths.. sigh

Raujinn
Dec 23, 2018, 03:42 PM
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/118151479415537671/526499204118478920/unknown.png

U FKN WOT M8

100 makes him randomly alter the timing of some of his attacks and how he resists attacks even faster. Not sure what else was different.

Gaylar
Dec 23, 2018, 03:51 PM
guess this explains the ridiculous damage bonus on 15* and the lack of extra healing reduction on the later depths
easy cheese up until like depth 130 then you actually have to try again, and wouldnt be surprised if heals end up get reduced further too

SteveCZ
Dec 23, 2018, 08:53 PM
if it can go up to 200... then it probably can go up to 999... for 10 sg reward ^^;

final_attack
Dec 23, 2018, 08:56 PM
I guess I'll suck it until 100, then stop _(:3」
Thanks for the info on floor 100! :D

Meteor Weapon
Dec 24, 2018, 07:37 PM
I dont know why you guys are complaining about reward lol. Isn't the point of this quest was for some bullshit 1v1 challenge you guys been waiting for lol

Zephyrion
Dec 24, 2018, 09:50 PM
I dont know why you guys are complaining about reward lol. Isn't the point of this quest was for some bullshit 1v1 challenge you guys been waiting for lol

I'm fine with the rewards, what I'm not really fine with is how they "extend" this quest. I'd rather have less floors but the boss becoming harder on each floor. depth 50-70 was a whole bunch of mostly the same and 80-100 too. I do find this quest fun still but I hope we won't need 50 floors to see significant changes post 100

SteveCZ
Dec 24, 2018, 11:01 PM

Guilty as charged. I was so into this to the point that I just want rewards. :lol:

echofaith
Dec 24, 2018, 11:53 PM
Eh, I wouldnt be surprised if they eventually give another Ampherite stone(that thing for the Persona 15*) from one of these titles :p

Raujinn
Dec 25, 2018, 07:59 AM
It's this strange clash of reward and prestige I've sorta got issue with, also the piss-take that is the form voucher rate when you progress nvm when you just farm a lower floor. 1 month per form pass is ridiculous for how tricky the quest was (before the 15* bonus).

Zephyrion
Dec 25, 2018, 10:38 AM
It's this strange clash of reward and prestige I've sorta got issue with, also the piss-take that is the form voucher rate when you progress nvm when you just farm a lower floor. 1 month per form pass is ridiculous for how tricky the quest was (before the 15* bonus).

Remember that *15 bonus lowers with each stage, it's reduced at 40% at stage 100, and it will eventually be no bonus, so it will become trickier anyway

Ceresa
Dec 26, 2018, 03:57 PM
Remember that *15 bonus lowers with each stage, it's reduced at 40% at stage 100, and it will eventually be no bonus, so it will become trickier anyway

Seems like the bonus just went away completely at 111.

Been getting 1 to 3 voucher as drops per clear though, so even if progress eventually hits a wall, you'll still be able to farm them at a similar rate to progressing through 1-100. If it even matters with EM vouchers and weekly campaigns...

Loyd Azakuya
Dec 27, 2018, 01:38 AM
This is getting stupid, in Depth 110+ he is resisting both hits of Katana Counter, both hits of Sakura End, both hits of Guren, and Asagiri rendan, 7 skills blocked, I wonder if he can also block basic attacks

At this rate, he's going to block me the Katana completely, how are we supposed to defeat him in Depth 200? please dont tell me we gonna need a specific weapon or SSA for him...