PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Saga: I D O L A !! *Discuss* *Tips and Tricks* *Strategy Moves*

Pages : [1] 2

diamondx
Dec 14, 2018, 06:04 PM
Please post yall results on this New Game Mission: Phantasy Star Sage: I D O L A !!

So we can share our ideals and thoughts about how to defeat this menace to society and also share your rare drop items results to please. Good luck to yall all. May the Phantasy Star Force be with yall always.

the_importer_
Dec 14, 2018, 06:49 PM
Perhaps you should request a forum for this game first.

Lyrise
Dec 14, 2018, 07:21 PM
I've been enjoying the gameplay a bit, and it seems quite balanced - even your 3* characters will function very well (they won't beat a 5* character but they can come very close if you put in the work, it's a lot easier to Limitbreak a 3*, and also augment its rarity), and you can always boost them to higher stats and rarity levels.

They're also rebalancing Idola battles next week after some very glaring gameplay issues and player feedback surfaced. Currently you can get a lot out of ranking points by killsniping and just running a ton of obviously weaker idolas (to entice people to fight you more, but this costs you a ton of idola cores). They're going to make the max point gain lower, and more focused on your overall performance in battle (I really should not be able to do 3% of the total damage and gain 60k ranking points).

If anyone wants to look me up, you can find me using ID 236 512 307 (ID: Renne).

ArcaneTechs
Dec 14, 2018, 08:33 PM
people use the PSO2es thread to talk about the game, he doesnt need an entire section dedicated to IDOLA, what he did was fine

rokkuman
Dec 14, 2018, 09:01 PM
Getting a new phone next week, so... Is the game decent? Is it just another FGO rip-off?

wahahaha
Dec 14, 2018, 09:58 PM
Idola is alright, the only issue is EXP curve at 40 ~ 60.
Official wiki needs some love too, but it’s good enough for now.
Some data. Books give ~ 300, 1800, 3600, ???, same elemental bonus is around 1.2 more less
Best way to get money through quests is daily lv 60.

Friend code is 143, 102, 159

Klubbah
Dec 14, 2018, 10:17 PM
Getting a new phone next week, so... Is the game decent? Is it just another FGO rip-off?

Pretty Similar to FGO, it has a few different mechanics as well as an Autobattle option. Spoiler tagging to stop my wall of text.

Normal Quests:

[SPOILER-BOX] I personally can do 4~5 of whatever I probably should be farming (Event or Daily Materials/Money/Exp) from a max Stamina bar as they cost 20~30 Stamina. Stamina recovers 1 every 3 minutes.

For Battles, rather than the card system, every character has a Basic Attack / Two Skills / Special Move.

There is a system of building up Elemental Values (0-10, shared across your whole team while the enemies have their own shared). Each Skill has different Requirements of Elemental Values to be able to use, some get bonus effects at certain amounts, and some consume some. I haven't payed too much attention to it but I think in general the element goes up by 1, but if you hit an enemy that resists the element it charges slower and the other way around against enemies weak to it as well as increasing more on kills.

The Special Moves usually use 7-10 Elemental Value

Your party is made up of 8 characters, split into 2 teams that you can spend a turn swapping between manually or just losing one team. There has been quests that are limited to one team though. Switching to the "Law" team gives Defense up, Switching to the "Chaos" team puts Defense Down on the enemies, they always involve everyone on that team alive attacking every enemy one time. The longer you wait to use it the stronger it is; charges up to 3 levels of power and you can't use it back to back.

So there is some possibility for strategy of being on the Chaos team, charging the swap to tank a big attack, or being on the Law team, charging the swap to deal a lot of damage. As well as some consideration needed into how you build-up/save/use your Elemental Values.

Currently 4 elements: Fire beats Wind beats Water beats Fire. Earth beats Earth.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Character Stories:

[SPOILER-BOX]Every Character does have their own mini stories and quests unlocked as you use them, even just using friend's Support Characters that you don't own. When they get to max you can choose to change the character to Law or Chaos and they are only usable on that team. You can change between them anytime at the cost of an item that is pretty scarce at the moment (1 given out per character story, 1 recently on clear of an event quest). Very few characters start Neutral so they can go on either Law or Chaos teams and some can choose to stay Neutral.

When a character's friendship is maxed out, similar to PSO2es they build up a gift gauge. I think they give Stamina refilling items but haven't payed too much attention to it.[/SPOILER-BOX]

IDOLA Battles

[SPOILER-BOX]The game's unique IDOLA battles are structured a little like PSO2es Emergency Quests.

Everyone can create their own for other Players to attack, it either lasts 5 hours or dies before you can make another. They are all basically Bosses that each have 3 Pieces of varying elements.

The leader of the team determines the main piece element, the Majority Element of the Law team determines the 2nd piece element, and the Majority Element of the Chaos team determines the 3rd piece element. On creation stats are randomized across a range depending on all the characters you used, and while some skills for each piece are always there, some are randomly picked.

There is a tiny chance that an IDOLA created gets 1 Rare piece (or more), I personally have seen 1/63 = 1.587%.

Everyone gets a random list of IDOLAs they can attack with a different Stamina for just this mode (Max Stamina = 4, each battle uses 1, each takes 30 minutes to recharge), after the battle they can ask for help of anyone on their friend's list. The IDOLA's have break gauges at some % into their life bars as you aren't supposed to just 1-shot them, but I think getting past that point gives you more points, and it also stuns the IDOLA for a turn.[/SPOILER-BOX]

The Gacha / Equipment

[SPOILER-BOX]The gacha has pretty bad rates, and three types of items in the same summon: Characters / Weapons / Souls (Accessories or Craft Essences basically).

Characters: 5* = 2%, 4* = 5%, 3* = 38%

Weapons/Souls: 5* = 5%, 4* = 10%, 3* = 40%

You can farm pretty good Weapons / Souls overtime so they feel even worse. I think the best you could argue for from Gacha only Weapons currently is Judgment Hearts, which makes you do 12-18% more damage using the enemies Elemental Weakness. There is a farmable Psychowand that reduces skill cooldowns that sounds pretty good and has the highest overall Attack as well as other similar weapons.

For Souls they all have a "Once Per Quest" effect as well as some stats. Fighting or creating IDOLAs can give you Souls of that IDOLA which have the same stats at 5* Souls limited to the Gacha, while their effects are also pretty good, Increasing an Elemental Value after using a Special Skill by 2. Can do strange things like using a Water Character's Special with the Fire one equipped to charge up your Fire Element, and or just match them to 'lower' the cost of 1 special from that character per quest.

Bumped has them all listed, but not where/if they are farmable at this time: https://bumped.org/idola/idola-weapon-database/

The official(?) wiki shows where you can obtain them: https://expi-games.jp/idola/object/detail/24132[/SPOILER-BOX]

Duplicate Characters / Limit Breaking

[SPOILER-BOX]I would say one of the bigger annoyances in the game is limitbreaking requiring (so far) duplicate characters, and the benefits of it. For each Limit Break characters get a little stat boost and if they are on the team you start a quest with then you start with +1/4 of an Elemental Value of that character's Element. So a full Water Team all Limit Broken would start with 5 Water Elemental Value, compared to 0 Limit Breaks starting with 1. Or starting with 2 Wind and 2 Fire units with 3 in both of those Elements.

They gave a farmable event 4* Character recently who has Stats comparable at 4 Limit Breaks to a 5* Character with 2 Limit Breaks, so players over a long time might be able to have those strong fully limit broken teams, but who knows how often they'll give new characters.

I don't really know how important that starting Element Value will ever be, or just the stat boosts, but it is there.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Meteor Weapon
Dec 15, 2018, 12:27 AM
people use the PSO2es thread to talk about the game, he doesnt need an entire section dedicated to IDOLA, what he did was fine

The irony is he always post seemingly unrelated thread in this section lol

Zysets
Dec 15, 2018, 01:09 AM

Hilariously enough, anyone who's played the Idola story quests thus far would know this is *probably* the proper place

the_importer_
Dec 15, 2018, 02:26 AM

Can you name 3 that aren't PSO2 related in any way?

Hilariously enough, anyone who's played the Idola story quests thus far would know this is *probably* the proper place

Don't tell me this mobile game has a connection with PSO2? It's bad enough that I don't know the story in PSO2es, now we're adding another one to the pile?

ArcaneTechs
Dec 15, 2018, 02:43 AM
the irony is when people give him the info he wants he tends to ignore them and gets mad

Zysets
Dec 15, 2018, 03:20 AM
Don't tell me this mobile game has a connection with PSO2? It's bad enough that I don't know the story in PSO2es, now we're adding another one to the pile?

They said it had a connection since the very start. Idola is meant to be a game with a connection to PSO2 that doesn't require playing PSO2 to understand, since they also want it to be a separate project.

Basically if you play both, cool, you have a nice much more in-depth idea of the backstory and world, if not, then you're okay. Idola basically takes a page out of Phantasy Star III on the Mega Drive/Genesis, anyone who's played that will probably understand the direction Idola has.

Tymek
Dec 15, 2018, 05:47 AM
30,000 IDOLA Points. I'm ready for the 19th.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 15, 2018, 08:06 AM
They said it had a connection since the very start. Idola is meant to be a game with a connection to PSO2 that doesn't require playing PSO2 to understand, since they also want it to be a separate project.

Basically if you play both, cool, you have a nice much more in-depth idea of the backstory and world, if not, then you're okay. Idola basically takes a page out of Phantasy Star III on the Mega Drive/Genesis, anyone who's played that will probably understand the direction Idola has.

Does it have something to do with Omega shenanigens? :thonk:

diamondx
Dec 15, 2018, 08:23 AM
Where would i look in the game to find out how many IDOLA points i have so far? Thanks in advance. :)

Sirius-91
Dec 15, 2018, 08:45 AM
Where would i look in the game to find out how many IDOLA points i have so far? Thanks in advance. :)

Camp > 3rd option > 3rd option

Zysets
Dec 15, 2018, 08:56 PM
Does it have something to do with Omega shenanigens? :thonk:

Nah, nothing to do with Omega, it's more like, the current society in Idola is descended from ARKS who were marooned or stranded on this world in some point in time or something, there's a lot that hasn't been covered in the story yet, really all we know is ARKS was there and sealed a Dark Falz ages before the start of Idola

Meteor Weapon
Dec 16, 2018, 01:22 AM
Sounds like some Photoner shit at it all over again lol.

Tymek
Dec 18, 2018, 04:37 AM
Tomorrow is the grand day. The day of IDOLA MAIN THEME.

diamondx
Dec 19, 2018, 04:54 AM
in the special x-mas change event, are there any items that are a level up potion for my char. using the x-mas points? please let me know, thanks in advance

Lyrise
Dec 19, 2018, 07:55 AM
Nope. There are no EXP books in that exchange shop. Word to the wise though, start farming for those Reindeer Stella souls and fragments, we're getting a new event next week where you need to be collecting special drops only found in Idola Battle - this is for yet another exchange, but you can get Melissa as a usable character (the wind mage who runs the trade shop). having any of the new 5* souls, including that one from the exchange shop will boost the drop rate of that item.

Angry_Ryudo
Dec 20, 2018, 06:24 AM
Anybody else thinks the game has a lot of loading screens?

Nintenn
Dec 20, 2018, 06:37 AM
The loading screens have been short for me usually. But that's if you download the entire game. Otherwise, you'll end up with it constantly downloading data it needs for specific content you access.

diamondx
Dec 20, 2018, 08:18 AM
what are ways to get I D O L A !! Points, yall? thanks in advance. :)

Angry_Ryudo
Dec 20, 2018, 12:49 PM
The loading screens have been short for me usually. But that's if you download the entire game. Otherwise, you'll end up with it constantly downloading data it needs for specific content you access.

I see, I found the option. Wow, 1GB...

Lyrise
Dec 20, 2018, 05:49 PM
what are ways to get I D O L A !! Points, yall? thanks in advance. :)

Just play. Finishing quests and idola battles all get you points.

Angry_Ryudo
Dec 21, 2018, 05:10 AM
How do you know your Idola is still visible to other players? Mine's count is stuck at 42人

Lyrise
Dec 21, 2018, 08:56 AM
The timer. The 42 you're seeing is how many people you've killed. On that same screen, there's the status button, where you can see the stats of your Idola, its attacks, etc. There's also a timer on that screen. If it's not 0, it's visible to all the people who are entitled to see it (based on Idola battle grade), and to team members and friends of the person that fought your Idola (if they use the send help command after their shot at you).

If you see a Preview End button though, it means your Idola is dead, and you'll want to summon another one (provided you have the cores to do so).

HardBoiledPapa
Dec 22, 2018, 03:18 AM
Anyone know how to change the char portraits on your home? Mine is always Uly and Rachel and I'm curious if you can even swap chars.

Angry_Ryudo
Dec 22, 2018, 05:43 AM
Anyone know how to change the char portraits on your home? Mine is always Uly and Rachel and I'm curious if you can even swap chars.

Tap the corner where your rank is, I think you can do it there.

When you can spam the Xmas missions there are Star Diamond bonuses showed but you don't get any Diamonds. Do you get them at the end of the event or what?

BloodPuddles
Dec 22, 2018, 06:22 AM
It's pretty funny, I can run PSO2es fine, this doesn't function in the slightest. I tried one time and gave up after four crashes in the tutorial battle, it was disappointing. Anyone know what I'll be missing out on with no access to Idola points?

Edit: vvv That's good, that helmet is really sweet.

Tymek
Dec 22, 2018, 08:04 AM
It's pretty funny, I can run PSO2es fine, this doesn't function in the slightest. I tried one time and gave up after four crashes in the tutorial battle, it was disappointing. Anyone know what I'll be missing out on with no access to Idola points?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/395243653465112576/523495330575286282/Idola-Points.png

Lobby Action 453 "Uly/Stella"
IDOLA Poster (Room Goods)
Stella's Mask (Hairstyle)
IDOLA Main Theme (Music Disc)

The above are all of the original IDOLA rewards. The rest is SG, Element Increase 2%, etc. Luckily for you, all of the IDOLA items are resellable which means you could buy them from the player shops if you cannot or do not want to play.

HardBoiledPapa
Dec 22, 2018, 12:47 PM
Tap the corner where your rank is, I think you can do it there.

When you can spam the Xmas missions there are Star Diamond bonuses showed but you don't get any Diamonds. Do you get them at the end of the event or what?

Ok thanks. Didn't know you can actually tap that.

Lyrise
Dec 22, 2018, 04:26 PM

Star Diamond bonuses at the end of each quest are based on meeting the conditions set out, listed where you saw the star diamonds. The conditions for all of the xmas quests are no character deaths, 1 elemental blast used, and using a reverse rush (for each and medium difficulties) or clearing it within 15 turns (hard). The big bonus is when you clear all 3 conditions.

nyaaaaa
Dec 23, 2018, 10:54 PM
Hmm... So I did all the pre-registration stuff they had set up for Idola a long time ago, but they kept delaying even announcing when it was going to come out, so kind of ended up forgetting about it. If I start playing now, are the rewards for that pre-registration still viable/claimable, or has that time window passed already? If so, do you log in with your Sega ID before or after the tutorial?

As for the game itself, I installed it and sped/skipped through the tutorial (was just checking to see if my phone could run/handle it as a sort of trial run), there was what looked like a gacha pull during it, so does that mean it is like other mobage where you can just re-roll until you get a good pull/one you like, or is it one of the games where it is a 'fixed result of the cards it uses in the tutorial' kind of thing? I couldn't tell, since it had about half of them being 3*s that it used in the tutorial, but the others seemed random. One was a 5* (was a werewolf/wolf man or something holding an axe; don't remember the name) but everything else was 3* iirc. How rare are getting 5*s from the gacha in this game (I am assuming that is the highest rarity anyway?), or are you guaranteed one in the 'beginner pull' or whatnot? I am not that keen on re-rolling excessively like some people do for games, but don't mind a couple of tries trying for something better if it is possible (unless that 5* I pulled was OP or something).

Lyrise
Dec 23, 2018, 11:19 PM
Re-roll all you want, but decide to re-roll AFTER you do your 2nd or 3rd Gacha pull. The first one is set to always give you a 4* character that has been boosted to 5*. As for pre-registration bonuses, those were already paid out, even before the official service started.

GoldenFalcon
Dec 24, 2018, 01:11 AM
In the instant tutorial gacha pull, you can get a 4* character in addition to the 4* rarity up character

So yeah, you can retry the tutorial gacha pull (quite quickly) before moving on to try for a 5*

nyaaaaa
Dec 24, 2018, 02:02 AM
So from the sound of things, 5*s are (kind of? maybe?) a big deal? Or maybe I am just reading the responses incorrectly? Suppose I should probably ask about the importance/rarity of 4*s as well, since I may be mistaking things a bit.

For instance, If we were to (loosely) compare it to es, are 5*s more akin to 12* chips or 13*? Where would that leave 3* and 4* as well?

As for pre-registration bonuses, those were already paid out, even before the official service started.

I meant the ones for in Idola itself, but it seems I was mistaken and that all the Idola-related bonuses were just based on the number of people signing up and that every new account gets them, because when I hadn't logged in with my Sega account or anything and still had Quna and all the other rewards there, it kind of seemed a bit odd. Were the bonuses for pre-reg only PSO2-side then?

Angry_Ryudo
Dec 24, 2018, 04:30 AM
What's the 8th goal in the Idola Battle SP mission thing? It's still 0/3 for me after some battles

Lyrise
Dec 24, 2018, 12:30 PM
What's the 8th goal in the Idola Battle SP mission thing? It's still 0/3 for me after some battles

You need to fight Rare Idolas.

For everyone else, the list of missions for the Idola Battle SP event.

1. Summon 3 Idolas
2. Summon 5 Idolas
3. Battle against 4 Idolas (listings), you get the credit when they get killed.
4. Battle against 20 Idolas
5. Collect 50 Red Idola Crystals.
6. Collect 150 Red Idola Crystals
7. Collect 300 Red Idola Crystals
8. Battle against 3 Rare Idola (these have the Rare label in the upper right corner of their listings)
9. Kill 150 player units with your Idola summon
10. Kill 300 player units with your Idola Summon

diamondx
Dec 24, 2018, 04:35 PM
where can I find or get " Soul Symbol "Perfect Morning"" at yall? Thanks in advance.

Lyrise
Dec 24, 2018, 07:23 PM
It's in the shop, for 200 Star Beast Medals.

Angry_Ryudo
Dec 24, 2018, 08:03 PM
Do everybody else's Idola summons get killed super fast in JP day times? Mine do.

diamondx
Dec 24, 2018, 08:09 PM
It's in the shop, for 200 Star Beast Medals.
how can i obtain Star Beast Medals? thanks in advance

Angry_Ryudo
Dec 25, 2018, 09:28 AM
how can i obtain Star Beast Medals? thanks in advance

Summoning Idolas and defeating at least 25 units of other players. You get more defeating 50, 75 and 100.

Lyrise
Dec 25, 2018, 11:49 AM
Your weekly rankings will also provide much more, even if you do poorly.

nyaaaaa
Dec 26, 2018, 03:59 AM
So is there a chance they may add items to the game to increase a character's limit break level, or do you have to gacha for the limit break dupes? Just curious, since I actually managed to draw Christmas Rosalinde, but that basically means you have to get all of the extra copies now, unlike a regular 5* that is always available, no (or at least until next Christmas)? I played a game a couple years ago that had a similar +1/2/3/4 mechanic like this one's limit break, and they never added an item like that, so should I try drawing again for that 1.50% lottery chance, or just assume she will always be left at 1/5 of her potential? (Or by some highly unlikely chance, would a regular Rosalinde count as well?)

Also, is there any way to check who did how much damage to your summoned idola? I know you can check its remaining stats, and the feed shows kind of who attacked it or whatnot, but thought it was odd that I left a D+ rank Leo overnight and came back to 67 people defeated (previous results before that one were: 8, 6, and a bunch of 0s and 1s), yet had a C+ summon get taken out by three or four people, without him taking out a single person, within minutes of summoning him earlier . Seemed odd, or maybe I am misunderstanding the 'people defeated' part.

Angry_Ryudo
Dec 26, 2018, 04:05 AM
I think that Idolas tend to be beaten faster and kill less players when summoned in japanese daytime.

Lyrise
Dec 26, 2018, 09:35 AM
The Rank of Idola you summon can only be viewed by a subset of people, and that's why teams are a good and a bad thing.

You summoning a D-rank Idola means a player who has a battle rank of Hope 1 or higher cannot see it unless a teammate or a friend/follower asks for help. Your D rank Idola basically ripped through a whole bunch of beginners (most of which can't even join a team), while your C+ got crushed pretty quickly because a more powerful spread of players could see your summon. This system prior to the rebalance made sense since the battle ranks had a more narrow scope of who they could attack, but the last rebalancing widened the scope of battle ranks that can see each Idola rank, and as a result, your idola might end up fighting something way too strong for it, at the cost of their points being capped. (Quick example: If I pick on a B rank Idola sitting at Ace3 rank, I could take the whole thing down or just destroy an arm, and be capped at 11.1k point, where conversely, I could destroy no parts on an S rank Idola, and score 60k.)

LinkEP
Dec 27, 2018, 02:04 AM
Does anyone know when will 4 Star Ticket Gacha ratings shuffle? I don't wanna waste my tickets for Popo Pudding.

Tymek
Dec 27, 2018, 06:53 AM
Does anyone know when will 4 Star Ticket Gacha ratings shuffle? I don't wanna waste my tickets for Popo Pudding.

Popo Pudding isn't the only character you can get. She just has a higher chance of being pulled, iirc. I got two Popo Puddings and a Zora.

Lyrise
Dec 27, 2018, 09:41 AM
60% chance to be exact. 40% for everyone else combined.

LinkEP
Dec 27, 2018, 09:46 AM
Popo Pudding isn't the only character you can get. She just has a higher chance of being pulled, iirc. I got two Popo Puddings and a Zora.

Yeah, but does sega ever mention when will Popo Pudding's 30% chance rate going to last?

60% chance to be exact. 40% for everyone else combined.

I think she's 30% according to the gacha table.

Lyrise
Dec 27, 2018, 09:49 AM
Probably for a very long time, since you can't get her any other way - she doesn't show up in any other banner.

LinkEP
Dec 27, 2018, 10:07 AM
Oh, I didn't know she's exclusive.. Thanks for the replies.

EDIT:
Still gonna save my tickets.

Angry_Ryudo
Dec 27, 2018, 11:46 AM
Really? I got two, maybe three Nadias.

nyaaaaa
Dec 27, 2018, 05:14 PM
She's exclusive... but is she any good? As I am starting to learn more while playing/researching/etc, I have noticed some characters just seem to fill such a small niche that until there are far more options to build around (or maybe I just don't have enough, but there still seems to be something lacking for some characters to really fulfill their potential), they aren't really viable; but I could very well be wrong.

Also, oof.... Go figure, that about 8 hrs after using 3k for another draw, they come out with the bit about a new limited(?) New Years gacha. Which brings me back to a question I asked previously but hadn't heard anything back about: Limit Break for seasonal/limited character cards. Will their regular counterpart work by any chance (highly unlikely)? Are you forced to whale and hope you get lucky or be left with a 1/5th potential of a character with no way to improve until next round of that gacha reappears (so a year later usually)?

diamondx
Dec 27, 2018, 06:22 PM
Question: I did the stella mission where you do the law mission and chaos mission? How can i change her back to law person again instead of the chaos version. ? please help. thanks in advance.

Lyrise
Dec 27, 2018, 08:49 PM
She's exclusive... but is she any good? As I am starting to learn more while playing/researching/etc, I have noticed some characters just seem to fill such a small niche that until there are far more options to build around (or maybe I just don't have enough, but there still seems to be something lacking for some characters to really fulfill their potential), they aren't really viable; but I could very well be wrong.

Also, oof.... Go figure, that about 8 hrs after using 3k for another draw, they come out with the bit about a new limited(?) New Years gacha. Which brings me back to a question I asked previously but hadn't heard anything back about: Limit Break for seasonal/limited character cards. Will their regular counterpart work by any chance (highly unlikely)? Are you forced to whale and hope you get lucky or be left with a 1/5th potential of a character with no way to improve until next round of that gacha reappears (so a year later usually)?

Popopurin's pretty good as a supporter character, Elemental Conversion buffs are always welcome (any attacks you take will raise ALL elements), and her regular attacks raise wind element by 2 instead of 1. Basically she's a character who really shines fighting idolas with all the multitarget attacks flying around.

As for limit breaks, well, they're just not that necessary. The extra starting element is nice to have but not having it isn't the end of the world, and you really have a better chance of maxing out a 4* character, as opposed to a 5* which puts them both at comparable stats. And no, the regulars do not feed into the seasonals. They are treated as separate units, but they can also be used alongside the regulars.

Question: I did the stella mission where you do the law mission and chaos mission? How can i change her back to law person again instead of the chaos version. ? please help. thanks in advance.

Go to your upgrades menu and there will be an option to switch between the 2. Do note that it will consume a scroll, even though you've completed both law and chaos missions.

nyaaaaa
Dec 28, 2018, 06:34 AM
Popopurin's pretty good as a supporter character, Elemental Conversion buffs are always welcome (any attacks you take will raise ALL elements), and her regular attacks raise wind element by 2 instead of 1. Basically she's a character who really shines fighting idolas with all the multitarget attacks flying around.

So she is a slightly better/combined version of ケンペル and エミール (the other two Elementors), more or less? Also, I think I am misreading the last sentence, because she also uses multi-target stuff, while from my experience multi-target attacks aren't a good thing for Idola battles. The only time I do any considerable damage is with very strong single-target elemental blasts (from OP helpers), so I was under the impression that single-target is better for Idola battles, but maybe it is different later on when/where everybody is OP?

As for limit breaks, well, they're just not that necessary. The extra starting element is nice to have but not having it isn't the end of the world, and you really have a better chance of maxing out a 4* character, as opposed to a 5* which puts them both at comparable stats.

The more important/main part of Limit Break is the stat increase though, if I am not mistaken? The elemental starting boost is nice, but supposed to be just a beneficial addition to the (main purpose) stat boost, or so I thought? The stat boosts for [Base vs +4] versions might seem minor when maxed @ lvl.100, but it will be a (long) while before they get that high of a level anyway, so looking at anywhere within the lvl.1-50 or so range, that stat increase is very noticeable, and still is for quite a while until getting to probably the 70-80+ level range I would guess (but more stats are always better even if just a bit, if PSO2 has ever taught us anything).

Lyrise
Dec 28, 2018, 09:49 AM
You're correct in that Popopurin is pretty much a better Kempel and Emil, but they all have their uses. The point of elemental conversion is that your elements go up when *you* take damage. Meaning if an Idola goes multi-target happy, you can pretty much bury it with Elemental blasts in very short order.

Also Multi-target attacks from you aren't good if you're looking to zero in on specific parts. If you're looking to do tons of damage/rank higher in Idola Battle ranking, Multi-target is the way to go. Random Target multi-hit is great as well, but you don't see that in Elemental Blast form.

As for limit breaking, it's about a 35-40% difference between 0 and +4. Obviously a 5* is more likely to see 40%, but a Base 4* Event character like Melissa gets 30% from going to +4. I'd say both Limit Breaking and Starting element is pretty important in Idola battles since you are locked to 8 turns worth of action, and depending on what you are fighting, you need to be able to output damage quickly, especially against Idolas that have Elemental Resonance (a skill that makes them gain 4 points for all elements). The faster you can output damage, the better off you are, especially since 1 turn can spell the difference between exposing a core and surviving, or taking a bad hit and watching it all snowball to a party wipe. At the same time the higher stats will help your survivability, though I dare say in the face of an S rank Idola, the Starting element value will help you far more than the stats, since one Elemental blast from most Idolas will most likely kill one or more characters, Leo and Aries especially. So the faster you can muster the firepower to deliver damage via access to better attacks and buffs, and maybe throw in an elemental blast, the faster you can expose its core, and prevent it from doing anything. You can use that time to keep attacking it, since you'll do extra damage, or use that time to buff yourself up, and deliver another devastating followup (if that option is available to you).

I'm going to add a third category of importance - Status effects. Idolas can be affected by them, and there are a lot of them that will cause much grief for your enemies. Any characters that can cause elemental sever (icon is a grey hexagon) are a pretty huge asset to fighting Idolas if you aren't confident in your defense - this state causes those inflicted to gain 0 element from their attacks, which basically saves you from having to eat stronger attacks (assuming they don't have the necessary element to begin with) Burn and poison are self explanatory, and with Idolas you always get 3 times the effects, since it will affect every part (also assuming it has more than 0HP). And shock, prevents targets from using EBs. I'd say anyone that has the ability to inflict these statuses are well worth it regardless of limit-breaking. Freeze would be great too... if it didn't take one or 2 attacks to break them out of the status.

tl;dr version: Limit Breaking is important, but in the face of missing limitbreaks for base 5* characters, a maxed out 4* will definitely suffice - and some 3*s as well, since many of them carry useful status effects and buffs (Like Sasha, whose Chaos form has a blast that makes her take ALL of the damage directed at all your characters for a turn, effectively preventing a party wipe), but most importantly, it gets your starting elements up, and it allows you to summon more powerful idolas sooner (there's a reason why when the game first started, the only S rank Idolas all came from 3 and 4* characters as the lead).

nyaaaaa
Dec 28, 2018, 12:24 PM
You're correct in that Popopurin is pretty much a better Kempel and Emil, but they all have their uses. The point of elemental conversion is that your elements go up when *you* take damage. Meaning if an Idola goes multi-target happy, you can pretty much bury it with Elemental blasts in very short order.

Also Multi-target attacks from you aren't good if you're looking to zero in on specific parts. If you're looking to do tons of damage/rank higher in Idola Battle ranking, Multi-target is the way to go. Random Target multi-hit is great as well, but you don't see that in Elemental Blast form.

So what is the proper approach/best point gain to Idola battles then? I may be approaching them incorrectly, as I thought the objective/what gained the most points was to flat out defeat them, which since I was bumped up to Hope I rank yesterday, that isn't really possible for my team. For instance, I can't stand battling Aries, because she literally boosts her own element while also attacking three times = almost insta-Elemental Burst, and of course hers hits the whole team, twice. The only thing that ever survives that is any OP helper I have along.

If I am just supposed to be doing as much damage as possible (for max points), what setup is best to run then? One of each element (per team), or at least three + one other, in order to stack/hit as many EBs at once? Or a full team of one element to get access to one strong EB really fast and frequently?

And which Idola (Idolas? Which is the proper plural form?) should I be targeting? One that has all three parts the same element (so easier to combat with weak element, but risk eating several EBs as it builds them fast with 3x attacks per turn), or one with three separate elements? Should I be focusing on ones that have a ton of HP left, or just pick off stragglers with barely anything left?

As mentioned, I usually only do a majority of my damage/survive from OP helpers (I make the full eight rounds/turns almost every single battle, though I tend to avoid Aries so that might be part of it), but my team isn't really doing much of importance other than building up element and boosting whichever OP helper I pick to be the spearhead of the attack basically.

As for points, which points am I supposed to be trying to max? The one in the bottom left of the results (XP and bond) screen? The one on the Idola summary/scorecard page when it is defeated? They don't seem to be the same number (and the amount gained on your rank progression bar seems to be another/different number as well), so not even really sure how it is even calculated, let alone which one I am supposed to be focusing on.

Status effects. Idolas can be affected by them, and there are a lot of them that will cause much grief for your enemies. Any characters that can cause elemental sever (icon is a grey hexagon) are a pretty huge asset to fighting Idolas if you aren't confident in your defense - this state causes those inflicted to gain 0 element from their attacks, which basically saves you from having to eat stronger attacks (assuming they don't have the necessary element to begin with) Burn and poison are self explanatory, and with Idolas you always get 3 times the effects, since it will affect every part (also assuming it has more than 0HP). And shock, prevents targets from using EBs. I'd say anyone that has the ability to inflict these statuses are well worth it regardless of limit-breaking. Freeze would be great too... if it didn't take one or 2 attacks to break them out of the status.

I do occasionally get Burn to inflict on them and noticed it was helpful (drew Bernhardt in that ill-timed draw yesterday, so get his status effect now too if I bring him along), but since I was focusing on trying to hit high burst damage when core was exposed instead of overall high damage across all three parts (even though two are already at 0 HP it still counts I guess?), it was more of just a helpful/that's nice kind of thing. In fact, I had no clue when I first started as to why/how a 0 HP part can still move/attack/etc, but I have kind of just accepted that the HP bars don't really mean much other than a) if core is possible to expose, or b) if you can defeat it by dropping the core to 0.

I would have to recheck which members I have that can inflict them with decent reliability, but don't have many options since I have only done the 10 gacha ticket and 2x 3000 pulls.

~separator~

As a whole, I am guessing that with the small amount of characters available in the game atm, and how it is set up atm, that building one really strong 8-character team isn't viable at all, and that you actually need to make use of almost every character you have then? There are a couple that aren't designed that well so I probably still won't use them, but I suppose I can try to work in some of the other 3* characters I had been neglecting a bit.

~separator~

Also, max level is not increased when Limit Break is done unless they are max level at the time, correct? Or did I read that wrong? If that is the case, I may have to re-do one or two of my 3*s next time I draw them I guess. I had an extra copy of Amane and Tanya so I had done the initial +1 for better stats, but probably shouldn't have I guess? Also, how would that work if I draw a second one, and then use the current +1 as the Limit Break copy? Is is like NT weapons in PSO2 where it will count both, or is it just the flat +1 no matter what?

~separator~

As for current events, which of the two should I be focusing on more? Of course I would like to get enough of both currency to buy the whole store out, but I started playing halfway through the event so have to prioritize a bit. I have the Stella Reindeer soul symbol and two copies of Melissa so far, but not sure which I should focus on more from here. I do want to at least get all of the copies of Melissa. I run the Christmas quest in the downtime between Idola battles (I auto-run the lvl.20 quest, since the few times I tried the lvl.40 it gave basically the same drops and amounts, so I stick to the cheaper and auto-able lvl.20).

Do any of the items in the exchange have high priority as well, or just focus on the soul fragments/Melissa? (I have no idea what the 5* item is for, but it being 5*, pricey, and very limited suggest it is important.)

Lyrise
Dec 28, 2018, 04:48 PM
So what is the proper approach/best point gain to Idola battles then? I may be approaching them incorrectly, as I thought the objective/what gained the most points was to flat out defeat them, which since I was bumped up to Hope I rank yesterday, that isn't really possible for my team. For instance, I can't stand battling Aries, because she literally boosts her own element while also attacking three times = almost insta-Elemental Burst, and of course hers hits the whole team, twice. The only thing that ever survives that is any OP helper I have along.

Your Idola Battle Rank exp and normal Rank exp gain in an Idola battle is proportional to the effective damage you do. There will be bonuses for breaking parts and exposing the core, and penalties if you lose characters and an even bigger penalty when you completely wipe out. That said though, the penalties are % based and you'll never hit a situation where you get no reward outside of one exception. So really, the best approach to these fights will be doing the most damage you can while minimizing the damages you've taken. If it means knocking off the weaker ones, go for it. Some gain is better than no gain at all - just remember that damage, breaking, and exposing yield the biggest benefits.

If I am just supposed to be doing as much damage as possible (for max points), what setup is best to run then? One of each element (per team), or at least three + one other, in order to stack/hit as many EBs at once? Or a full team of one element to get access to one strong EB really fast and frequently?

Consider that your Law lineup is usually going to have better defensive skills and Chaos has better offensive skills. Also consider that when you use Reverse rush, you're either going to boost your own defense switching from Chaos to law, or debuff the enemy's defense when switching from Law to Chaos. Also remember that these buffs and debuffs get stronger when you charge it up (every turn by not using it) and also that you gain 2-4 element for all types depending on that charge level.

The exception I mentioned earlier is when you are completely outclassed and it actually manages to heal itself for more than the damage you do. In that situation, the log will record negative damage, and your end result will be 0 normal and idola battle rank exp.

It's up to you how you want to compose, but one way people have been using a lot is to build one mono-element line whose specific goal is to deal damage to either break a part or reach a checkpoint. Then fill your other line with characters composed of different elements that have element blasts that cost 8 points or less. When your single element team has broken a part, or is about to break a part/hit a checkpoint, use a fully charged reverse rush. The reason for this is because a full charged reverse rush contributes 4 element points for each element you're using in the line you switched, to, and exposing the core yields another 4 point bonus, which sets you up with 4 characters with 8 element points each. You can bury the Idola with 4 consecutive EBs this way. Or if you put in characters with EB that cost more, expend the turn, and fire it later

As for points, which points am I supposed to be trying to max? The one in the bottom left of the results (XP and bond) screen? The one on the Idola summary/scorecard page when it is defeated? They don't seem to be the same number (and the amount gained on your rank progression bar seems to be another/different number as well), so not even really sure how it is even calculated, let alone which one I am supposed to be focusing on.

That's for 2 different rankings that happen at the same time. One for fighting against other Idola, and one for your Idola summonings. You can focus on both, one or the other. Chances are though if you focus on Idola summonings, you're going to be doing Idola battles too since you need core pieces to summon, and fighting other idola is the fastest way to collect them. These of course are just weekly rankings, and are optional. But highly recommended to sneak in runs because they will pay out Star Diamonds, meseta, and Star Beast badges.

On levelling character bonds, idola battle isn't the best place for that - you should just run the lowest stamina cost quest you can. You will always gain 10 points + any modifiers. Though every now and then there will be a class training event where you would get more bond exp than normal - the last time we saw this, it was handing out 20-30 bond exp per mission clear, very helpful to run that when the next one shows up!

Also, max level is not increased when Limit Break is done unless they are max level at the time, correct? Or did I read that wrong? If that is the case, I may have to re-do one or two of my 3*s next time I draw them I guess. I had an extra copy of Amane and Tanya so I had done the initial +1 for better stats, but probably shouldn't have I guess? Also, how would that work if I draw a second one, and then use the current +1 as the Limit Break copy? Is is like NT weapons in PSO2 where it will count both, or is it just the flat +1 no matter what?

Max level is increased by way of Rarity upgrade. (It's the last option in the menu at the bottom of your character upgrades screen) To increase a character's rarity, you must have maxed it'ts level up to the current cap, and then expend Star bits, which you can obtain either by dismissing your characters or by trading in Star Beast medals at Melissa's shop. The rarity acquired/needed will correspond to the current rarity of the character you dismiss/upgrade. And yes, this means that you could upgrade a 3* to a 5*, dismiss the resulting 5*, and get 5* Star bits.

Limit Breaking co-exists with rarity upgrade. Basically, you can do both, so you don't have to worry about not limit breaking at max level.

As for current events, which of the two should I be focusing on more? Of course I would like to get enough of both currency to buy the whole store out, but I started playing halfway through the event so have to prioritize a bit. I have the Stella Reindeer soul symbol and two copies of Melissa so far, but not sure which I should focus on more from here. I do want to at least get all of the copies of Melissa. I run the Christmas quest in the downtime between Idola battles (I auto-run the lvl.20 quest, since the few times I tried the lvl.40 it gave basically the same drops and amounts, so I stick to the cheaper and auto-able lvl.20).

Do any of the items in the exchange have high priority as well, or just focus on the soul fragments/Melissa? (I have no idea what the 5* item is for, but it being 5*, pricey, and very limited suggest it is important.)Focus on Melissa. The Red orbs you get from idola battle are easy to get. You will get more by having the reindeer stella souls equipped (to a max of 4) but the other xmas souls boost the red orb rate as well. And the Reindeer Stella soul is kinda trash outside of the event. (gain defense as soon as you hit 5 water element, effect only happens once and lasts 1 turn). Melissa however, is an excellent character, and also inflicts shock. I also love her side story too.

diamondx
Dec 29, 2018, 10:29 AM
What is level character bonds? what is the status for it located at for this: character bond points? And what is the best place or mission to get rappy feathers at? And with this double money and double experience events going on: what is the best place or mission to get the most for money and most for experience. 2 seperate mission. 1 for money and 1 for exper. thanks in advance.

Lyrise
Dec 29, 2018, 10:57 AM
Character bond level/points would be indicated by the pink orbs and meter on your exp summary. By levelling the bond, you can do character side stories. And when you complete the 4th one, that character can undergo Fate Divergence (evolution).

Rappy feathers, just farm any mission, they pop up anywhere, though at a low rate.

As for double exp and meseta, well, all the hard missions are going to pay out roughly the same exp, so if you really want to take advantage of the event, I'd just run the daily meseta missions so you get both exp and money.

wahahaha
Dec 29, 2018, 01:49 PM
@Lyrise have you seen an actual psycho wand drop from dolls?

Angry_Ryudo
Dec 29, 2018, 02:01 PM
How do you limit break the main char?

Lyrise
Dec 29, 2018, 06:39 PM
@Lyrise have you seen an actual psycho wand drop from dolls?

Not at all. I only have a piece farmed from the canyon, but just a single piece. Problem is Psychowand pieces all drop from areas that don't straight up benefit you at all, while I can farm God Hand pieces from the daily exp and meseta missions, and those are quite useful as well (for those not in the know, God hand has an effect to regen 5% max HP per turn)

How do you limit break the main char?

You can't. I suspect they'll be automatically limitbreaking Uly as the story progresses.

diamondx
Dec 30, 2018, 07:02 AM
Where can i locate these missions at to get the psycho wand please? Link: https://expi-games.jp/idola/object/detail/24132

Lyrise
Dec 30, 2018, 09:21 AM
They're all hard difficulty missions. Each region you select will contain one of those quests.

-in the first region (Sheltan Peninsula beach) it can drop in the first, second, and fourth areas (starting from the furthest down)
-In the second region (Sheltan peninsula forest), the 3rd area (again starting from the bottom up), 2nd mission (hard mode) as well as the forest area (the right path on that fork), and the last area after the fork.
-In the 3rd region (Zozma Mountain trail), going from bottom up, the 4th area (after the village) hard mode, 8th area hard mode (base of the mountain), and the final area in this region, hard mode.
-In the 4th region (Empire Border canyon) it'll be the area where the path splits into a dead end. (4b)

Those are all the current known locations for the pieces. But with the ongoing events, I would recommend against trying to farm these right now, not that I can stop you from doing so.

diamondx
Dec 30, 2018, 02:37 PM
when does Phantasy Star Saga: Idola have maintaince scheduled?

diamondx
Dec 30, 2018, 09:52 PM
where is a good place where this item drops at a lot yall? Link: https://expi-games.jp/idola/object/detail/24012
name of item is: 強者の布きれ

nyaaaaa
Dec 30, 2018, 11:54 PM
Well, it was fun, but I am probably done with this game already.

The, and this is the nicest way I can think to say it, arbitrary decision to stop dropping the red Idola Crystals a day before everything else that has to do with the Christmas event ends at the same time (even the exchanges end at identical times, so surely all the event stuff does too right? Like the mission and gacha being identical as well?). Needless to say, I am now left 85 crystals shy of what should have been my final copy of Melissa, all because not only did they end it a day early (and there is literally nothing dropping from them right now for a whole day until the next event starts) but it was pretty misleading to say it ended on '12/31'. It doesn't really matter if it said 00:00:00 afterwards, because by having everything else end at the same time (i.e. 12/31 23:00:00), and then saying this also ends on the same day, you are implying it ends at the same time as well. If it was supposed to end a day before, then you put '12/30 23:59:59' because that isn't misleading.

Maybe this is common sense to those who have played for a while now, but this decision makes absolutely no sense, even if the excuse is 'well that's when weekly rankings need to reset.' That's fine, but it doesn't mean the crystals have to stop dropping for the next day. It is nothing but gold and junk weapon soul fragments dropping from them right now, for a whole day. A whole day that still could've been crystals. Just while they wait to implement the next event/phase, a day later. See where I am going with this?

And yes, I am aware this is just as much my own fault as the game's asinine decisions on when stuff ends for no reason; but hey, a new player had a million other things to try and figure out and happened to overlook a detail/discrepancy that never should have existed in the first place. I am also aware that one copy won't make-or-break anything, but you don't have to guess what I will immediately think every time I see poor Melissa sitting there at 3/4 when I easily could've had the fourth copy with a couple refill potions if I would have just known/not been misled.

I'd ask that any response not quote this so I can edit it or whatnot tomorrow, but nobody will listen to that, but it's whatever. I have dealt with non-existent drop rates in PSO2 long enough (I still have yet to see a single Izane or Bode or Phobos or [any end game] unit, nor any 14* for my class; I have still never drawn a single 13* chip on my main in es; etc.), so maybe this was just the final straw, idk.

/salt /rant

Lyrise
Dec 31, 2018, 08:03 AM
And yes, I am aware this is just as much my own fault as the game's asinine decisions on when stuff ends for no reason; but hey, a new player had a million other things to try and figure out and happened to overlook a detail/discrepancy that never should have existed in the first place. I am also aware that one copy won't make-or-break anything, but you don't have to guess what I will immediately think every time I see poor Melissa sitting there at 3/4 when I easily could've had the fourth copy with a couple refill potions if I would have just known/not been misled.

/salt /rant

Then learn from your mistake. It's a relatively new game, mistakes and concerns pertaining to user friendliness were bound to happen.

First of all, Sega's probably going to run the event again, just complete it next time, or they will make her available to obtain through some other method. Secondly, the event's end time was posted for 3 weeks. It shouldn't have taken that long for you to realize that it coincided with the Idola Ranking resets - the way the time was posted is a bit offputting for some, but that's just how the Japanese do things since they know it coincides with a new day.

Should you do stick around, here's your heads up. There's another SP event starting on 1/7, lasting until 1/14 (or 1/13 23:59) for Hermina (a Wind Saint). (see: https://idola.sega-online.jp/news/82/)

Also, here's your guaranteed 5* gacha (one attempt only, starts 1/1 0:00, or just 2 hours from this post.) Note that this will not contain Stella [New years'] (see https://idola.sega-online.jp/news/81/)

diamondx
Dec 31, 2018, 10:30 AM
anyone else having problems logging in and then the new event missions crash your game too?????

Angry_Ryudo
Dec 31, 2018, 10:47 AM
anyone else having problems logging in and then the new event missions crash your game too?????

Yep, me too. Either it needs an update or there are too many online

Lyrise
Dec 31, 2018, 11:05 AM
Emergency maintenance. Willing to bet it stems from the New Years' Gacha. Since they gave everyone a free 10pull. And then there's that other gacha that guarantees a 5* unit (though it requires paid for stones)

Angry_Ryudo
Dec 31, 2018, 11:17 AM
Oh, can we expect a compensation for this? I have some characters already in 40/40...

Lyrise
Dec 31, 2018, 11:35 AM
Compensation will definitely be involved, since one of the issues affects me in a big way. The lag and errors when I was making another attempt at the gacha basically took my stones, kicked me out, and then when I logged back in, I got nothing for the pull.

Angry_Ryudo
Dec 31, 2018, 01:40 PM
So... There are people missing their new year's party working on the emergency maintenance of an online game...

nyaaaaa
Dec 31, 2018, 04:09 PM
Sega's probably going to run the event again, just complete it next time, or they will make her available to obtain through some other method.

From my experience, with both PSO2 and es, I unfortunately can't share the same optimism you have here, as they have never done the same with exchanges in either of those before, or at least ones I missed out on all/part of. Maybe the recent MHZ/dragon stones getting a place in the recycle shop would count, but that was probably something Capcom made a point of and not something Sega decided.

Secondly, the event's end time was posted for 3 weeks. It shouldn't have taken that long for you to realize that it coincided with the Idola Ranking resets

I have been playing for one week, give or take a few hours. That was the first reset I had seen/been part of, and since it was a fairly small 'timer' that was only seen just above the Idola battle list, I figured it only pertained to the weekly ranking reset and nothing more. In most mobage I have played that have weekly rankings, they are done almost instantly and it resumes as usual (if it even become unavailable at all), so it was the first sign I noticed that something was 'off' when it took quite a while before Idola battles were up and running again, but maybe it always does that, I wouldn't know.

Lyrise
Dec 31, 2018, 06:56 PM
From my experience, with both PSO2 and es, I unfortunately can't share the same optimism you have here, as they have never done the same with exchanges in either of those before, or at least ones I missed out on all/part of. Maybe the recent MHZ/dragon stones getting a place in the recycle shop would count, but that was probably something Capcom made a point of and not something Sega decided.

This happens all the time in es, Material Zero and Eternal Jewel trades always disappear and come back on a rotating cycle, so do limited edition holiday chips from the scratch. Optimism or not, it would be pretty ass-backwards if they release a character that isn't a collab, that actually fits in with the main group, and never make that character available ever again.

where is a good place where this item drops at a lot yall?

Good news, normally I would point you to the weekend material quests, but you can get them in the New Years' event trade shop that just opened up.

For anyone else who wanted to mess around with the New Years' Stella, I set mine up as my all support, and moved my Chaos Stella over to my water tab.

nyaaaaa
Dec 31, 2018, 11:09 PM
This happens all the time in es, Material Zero and Eternal Jewel trades always disappear and come back on a rotating cycle, so do limited edition holiday chips from the scratch. Optimism or not, it would be pretty ass-backwards if they release a character that isn't a collab, that actually fits in with the main group, and never make that character available ever again.

While I do see some similarities in the examples you mentioned (MZ/EJ), I was personally thinking it was more akin to the one-off exchanges such as the (color) Ribbon/other quest item drop event/exchanges in es, #th year anniversary badges in PSO2, and the like. Those never come back once they are gone, so if you miss out on something, or it entirely, you are out of luck.

Gacha mechanics aren't included in the comparison though for me, simply because those are a profit-generating entity of sorts that a company can revive at-will (even if they previously said they wouldn't) if they need to make that quarter's/year's numbers look a bit better, etc.

As for a character that fits in with the group, I haven't fully completed the story yet, as most of the stamina/time went towards the two events at hand. If she is involved in the story later, I'd rather avoid spoilers or anything, but up to where I am at, she was just 'the cool shop character' so it felt more like a one-time thing, kind of like the non-gacha Summer Vacation Weaponoid chips in es. This year it was Shooting Drive, and if I am not mistaken Bluesy (from the previous year) did not make a re-appearance. I already have her, but that is what I was comparing the situation to in my mind, hence the disappointment.

And none of this response, or the one prior, was attacking you in any way (your response seemed a bit offended or irritated, although I might have just misread it), just stating my opinions on what limited knowledge I have of the game thus far. I have read guides on bumped, I have used/looked up swiki often, and have read all nine pages of this thread so far, so I can only work off what I have seen/read from those resources, meaning it will also be possible that I make incorrect predictions/assumptions from time to time.

diamondx
Jan 1, 2019, 06:37 AM
On left side on the game menu, where the achievements selection is at: how do you get them silver metal achievements, is there a achievements logs of completion to do in order to get them silver metal achievements?

nyaaaaa
Jan 1, 2019, 08:00 AM
On left side on the game menu, where the achievements selection is at: how do you get them silver metal achievements, is there a achievements logs of completion to do in order to get them silver metal achievements?

Which ones? They seem to be set/fixed to a certain page (such as Idola summon types seem to always be on the top of the second page no matter what). A screenshot or maybe which page they are on and what the reward is?

nyaaaaa
Jan 1, 2019, 08:08 AM
Also, question about the possibility of whether the game allows you to do this or not (I would test it myself but can't/don't have the resources/characters to do so atm):

Does it allow you to use two versions of the same (original exact same base but changed to Law/Chaos) character, as long as one is in the Law team and the other in the Chaos team? I ask because it looks like, with the final character/fate diversion quest, that since you select which 'card' to use, that you may(?) theoretically be able to change say one Stella to Law and another duplicate Stella to Chaos? Is that possible? Would use another scroll, but there are a couple for clearing some of the free missions and I think they gave us one recently as well.

Basically why I ask, is because if it is indeed possible, I thought of a good way to turn the negative of missing the one Melissa copy into a positive: Since I have four total copies, change one to Law and +1 her with one copy, and change another to Chaos and +1 her as well with the last copy. That way, I would have, presumably, a pretty decent start to setting up a wind-focused team or whatnot. I just don't know if the game allows it or not though.

Atmius
Jan 1, 2019, 09:06 AM
I tried that back when I got my first quna copy, the result was a distinct "nope". You can only have multiples of the same character in your (overall) party via the assist selection. dunno how it goes with the likes of rosa/stella with xmas rosa/ny stella though.

Sizustar
Jan 1, 2019, 09:36 AM
I tried that back when I got my first quna copy, the result was a distinct "nope". You can only have multiples of the same character in your (overall) party via the assist selection. dunno how it goes with the likes of rosa/stella with xmas rosa/ny stella though.

They count as different xharacter, I have new year and normal stella on my alt, and they can be on same team

My id
413, 420, 183

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 1, 2019, 09:54 AM
just how do you switch a characters element ??

Sizustar
Jan 1, 2019, 10:34 AM
just how do you switch a characters element ??

You can't. The only that is not set is the main character, and his element is set with what you set your birthday as.

And there's already some data on future chara and path upgrade pic is in.
[SPOILER-BOX]

https://i.imgur.com/N1QJF0P.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/caUTIXv.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xbchVzT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3oow7tS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qnGtaAJ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/h4FMtrf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IjM86P7.png
https://i.imgur.com/eksCw4f.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/aUGTyle.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/kNeOhgh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uXak1R8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/1TElNXr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/thiadhh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/goBFNCf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3RXRQbR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/kyHA0zM.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/wBoBTwd.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6bTO3bp.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 1, 2019, 12:25 PM
Geruda gives me the creeps in any form

diamondx
Jan 1, 2019, 01:06 PM

Lyrise
Jan 1, 2019, 01:13 PM

The ones you listed: Log into the game 50 days, and reach player rank 50.

diamondx
Jan 1, 2019, 01:25 PM
thanks for the info, Lyrise :)

nyaaaaa
Jan 1, 2019, 03:21 PM
So for Yuri's divergence path... Fashionista A or Kirito B? ...er, I mean Neutral A or B. I haven't seen him too often in support lists, and when I do it looks to be roughly about a 50/50 split.

The differences appear to be fairly small between the two changes, and while I can see benefits for certain situations for ver.A, if a majority of importance falls on Idola battles (or seems to currently; unless the story gets extremely difficult later on, but then that would just be managed by using other characters...), then I would presume ver.B would be the better option? Basing it off of him giving an ATK bonus to the team instead of defense (so more damage -> higher score), as well as his 6-charge/value skill grants a 30% bonus to weak damage (which you probably wouldn't be using him vs. Aries anyway, or so I would presume). It is two random hits instead of all enemies, but is basically twice as strong, and the all enemies version would mostly only factor into story/daily/etc quests, or so I would guess.

So depends on what you need him for I guess? If you already have a strong Idola battling squad -> ver.A for regular type quests; or, if you need him to help bolster your Idola fights -> go ver.B?

They count as different xharacter, I have new year and normal stella on my alt, and they can be on same team

Those two (original Stella and New Years Stella) are technically two different characters/cards though, so that part is okay (similar to original Roza and Christmas Roza being two separate/different ones and in the same team). The question, and the Quna response/example given, were referring to two of the same (base) card, just one having diverged to one fate path, while the other goes to the opposite. Seems to be the case that it is not allowed though/unfortunately (which is understandable I suppose; since a team with two lvl.100 original Stella +4s w/max EB grade would be a tad OP currently).

diamondx
Jan 1, 2019, 04:26 PM
Can someone translate what does this menu function do and what is it for and how does it work? thanks in advance.

nyaaaaa
Jan 1, 2019, 04:42 PM
Can someone translate what does this menu function do and what is it for and how does it work? thanks in advance.

That is where you place the five support cards you will make available for anyone (people who follow you will have yours towards the top of the list usually, unless they follow a ton of people, then it seems to cycle them/show them randomly). There are various ways to do it: Most seem to put their strongest overall/most usable card/character in the 'All' slot, as that list will be sort of 'recommended' for anything since it is the first tab. Or if you wanted, you could just put the strongest of each element you have in their appropriate spot and then just your favorite for the 'all' position. Up to you really (just make sure you equip them with appropriate Weapons/Soul symbols, because if someone selects them, they literally take the 8th place in their team, so a lvl.1 with no symbols equipped won't help them too much).

Edit: For the actual translations, the left button is 'Reset' which clears the whole slate. Second button is 'omakase' which is basically an auto-fill/do-it-for-me type of option. The tab itself (in the second image) is just "Support Formation" which is what that menu/screen is.

wahahaha
Jan 1, 2019, 05:14 PM
For Yuri i would suggest Law since he gets triple buff with skill 1, blast gives def buff instead of attack (chaos version)
Law version has stylish points for elemental blast. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/344159257307906069/529784279878729749/video.mov

Sizustar
Jan 2, 2019, 12:02 AM
Geruda gives me the creeps in any form

which Jasper(Wind 5* dual sword)
The order one looks kind of like Loser, but Chaos gets big sword~~

And Gene will be in, wonder if we'll get more PSO2es collab

diamondx
Jan 2, 2019, 06:59 PM
Can someone translate this menu below please. And what are those 3 buttons used for. And what is the translation for the writing in the top right hand corner too. thanks in advance.

diamondx
Jan 2, 2019, 07:38 PM
Can anyone translate these mission locations please? Link: https://expi-games.jp/idola/object/detail/23873
Thanks in advance :)

Lyrise
Jan 2, 2019, 09:38 PM
It's just one mission that page is referring to. It's actually the 3rd last node in the Kingdom of Regulus (lower left corner of the map).

BitterMarion
Jan 2, 2019, 09:52 PM
Just as I make my Melissa law because there are next to no law winds, they announce a wind saint? SEGA please refund my scroll! Or please let Zora and Jasper upgrade...

My fire team is the worst though, I have Kirito, Seraphy N, Duncan N, Xmas Rosa L, Karin C and Wolf boi C, what should I do with the other slots? I can only use a friend character at a time, and Kirito is extra frail so I never want to separate him from Seraphy so often my 2 empty slots are in the same team,,, Should I try to use 2 earths?

Lyrise
Jan 3, 2019, 12:06 AM
Sega's been handing out extra scrolls a lot, just change your Melissa over whenever.

As for your team, I believe you're talking about Kirion? Sometimes the answer to a frail character is to try using a different weapon/soul combination. If you're able to farm the daily meseta and exp quests on hard, you could try to farm for God Hand pieces, which could fix healing issues.

Sizustar
Jan 3, 2019, 03:54 AM
For EXP people seem to say this stage, which is easy to clear with a water team

帝都レグルス:闇との対峙
https://expi-games.jp/idola/object/detail/23867

LancerFate
Jan 3, 2019, 06:01 AM
For EXP people seem to say this stage, which is easy to clear with a water team

帝都レグルス:闇との対峙
https://expi-games.jp/idola/object/detail/23867

Hmm lvl 50, 30 energy 1k exp ? event quest 40 lvl, 15 energy gives 1.1k exp atm, lvl 60 event, 20 energy 2k exp.

Lyrise
Jan 3, 2019, 09:57 AM
Without an event quest going on its one of the better quests to run. It tends to drop a fair number of idola core pieces as well, so it helps with your continued onslaught with Idola summonings.

That said, when an event mission is going on, you can't do any better than that. 20 stamina for 60 rank exp, there isn't anything with a better rank exp to stamina ratio.

diamondx
Jan 3, 2019, 10:27 AM
Can any one translate these 2 menu please. Thanks in advance.

Lyrise
Jan 3, 2019, 10:49 AM
First Picture:

Option 1: Remove Skill Description Guide - when you select a skill or blast, you get a description of the skill. When you turn this option on, you'll remove it. You are able to bring up the description by touching and holding down the skill button, until you let go.

Option 2: Recommended Action Select - When you turn this option on, the game will pre-select what it thinks is the best possible action at the time. These actions are the same as if you turn on Auto-mode on. I actually recommend turning this on, and not using Auto - The game selects the action that is the best at that very moment, it will not consider strategies used in Future turns. (This is why if you ever used Auto in Idola battles, you'll know how stupid some of the moves it makes are, since it takes little consideration into what will happen next or what you want to happen next).

Option 3: Elemental Blast Animation Skip - When you turn this option on, you can skip Elemental Blast animations by touching the screen.

Second picture:

Option 1: Auto Target - The game starts each turn by automatically selecting a target, as opposed to no target, and your attacks all selecting random targets.

Option 2: Remove elemental relationship diagram - Turning this option on removes the Elemental diagram at the top of the screen that shows which elements beat what, and how much charge each element has.

Option 3: Idola Summoning Animation skip: turn this on, and when you start an idola battle, you can skip the opening summoning cutscene by touching the screen.

wahahaha
Jan 3, 2019, 11:08 AM
Best quest to run is lv 60 book without event, books give around 3600 exp (3*)
The other source of Exp is a lv 70 quest that gives around 3.1kexp. (50 cost)
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/344159257307906069/530419287702110218/image0.png

So book quest for maxing a single char faster, that lv 70 if it gets boosted at some point

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 3, 2019, 03:58 PM
Gentlemen, law Melissa or chaos Melissa?

Lyrise
Jan 3, 2019, 06:16 PM
She's great either way and I'd say if you tried to build a full wind lineup, where would you need to fill in some gaps? You can always switch to the other faction if you didn't like her one way.

That said, if you want her looking different, that would be law. Her law story is kinda funny too, as she complains out never really having a choice in the matter.

diamondx
Jan 3, 2019, 07:18 PM
Can someone translate this menu below please. And what are those 3 buttons used for. And what is the translation for the writing in the top right hand corner too. thanks in advance.

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 3, 2019, 08:08 PM
That's where you set your parties. The buttons are for choosing automatically characters and symbols, copying the current party and reset the party. For example you can have presets for elemental parties, the highest lvl party, the lowest level party or a party made of still not promoted characters.

diamondx
Jan 4, 2019, 03:28 AM
Which daily mission or free missions or special mission give the most ranking points? following image of the ranking system, that what i mean. A mission gives lots of ranking points, please help. thanks in advance?

Lyrise
Jan 4, 2019, 08:58 AM
Run the event mission. Always run the event mission. And when there's no event? I'd probably just run exp or money dailies. Simply because those are resources you always need no matter what in large amounts. The rank exp you get from them is also very good to boot. If you're looking for strictly rank exp though, that would be the suggestion Sizustar made earlier, 50 r.exp for 30 stamina.

wahahaha
Jan 4, 2019, 09:14 AM
Daily quest, 60 for 30 stamina, events as mentioned for the nth time.

Sizustar
Jan 5, 2019, 01:38 AM
Run the event mission. Always run the event mission. And when there's no event? I'd probably just run exp or money dailies. Simply because those are resources you always need no matter what in large amounts. The rank exp you get from them is also very good to boot. If you're looking for strictly rank exp though, that would be the suggestion Sizustar made earlier, 50 r.exp for 30 stamina.

Supposedly there's going to be some balance change with Meseta and exp requirement after level 40.

nyaaaaa
Jan 5, 2019, 07:10 PM
For Yuri i would suggest Law since he gets triple buff with skill 1, blast gives def buff instead of attack (chaos version)
Law version has stylish points for elemental blast. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/344159257307906069/529784279878729749/video.mov

I tried out both versions as support member/character, and ended up picking Neutral B (Chaos) for mine. I do agree that Neu.A/Law version has the better EB animation though.

LancerFate
Jan 5, 2019, 07:13 PM
Don't have any event 5* but recently followed level 100 chaos +4 Stella event, oh my this thing just shreds IDOLAs, have mass healing, very very strong single target EB with elemental lock aliment, so in short i run water only setup with Anne Marie.

diamondx
Jan 6, 2019, 08:20 AM
anyone had any success on finding the drop location of psycho wand yall?

Sizustar
Jan 6, 2019, 10:00 AM
anyone had any success on finding the drop location of psycho wand yall?

The enemy "マネットドール" have a low chance of dropping it, that enemy will only spawn in high difficulity【高難度】 stage

They look like this
https://i.imgur.com/VjrWYp1.jpg

And they turn into your party member
https://i.imgur.com/PXLAuYV.jpg

Lyrise
Jan 6, 2019, 03:54 PM
The New Years' Idola Battle SP event is up, and you can trade for Wind Saint Hermina, as well as Elysion fragments.

That said, I hope you all enjoy fighting Aries, because 4 of the SP missions involve summoning and fighting Water based Idola (sure Chameleon, Cetus and Lupis can be water, but let's face it, you're going to be seeing a LOT of Aries).

Anyway, quick list for the SP missions:

1. Summon 3 water based Idola (the body needs to be water element)
2. Summon 5 water based Idola
3. Fight 4 Water Based Idolas
4. Fight 20 Water Based Idolas
5. Collect 50 White Idola Crystals
6. Collect 150 White Idola Crystals
7. Collect 300 White Idola Crystals
8. Fight 3 Rare Idolas
9. Kill off a total of 150 player units with your summoned Idola
10. Kill off a total of 300 player units with your summoned Idola

LancerFate
Jan 6, 2019, 04:09 PM
The New Years' Idola Battle SP event is up, and you can trade for Wind Saint Hermina, as well as Elysion fragments.

That said, I hope you all enjoy fighting Aries, because 4 of the SP missions involve summoning and fighting Water based Idola (sure Chameleon, Cetus and Lupis can be water, but let's face it, you're going to be seeing a LOT of Aries).

Yep usually i summon only Aries (Anne Marie), since dont have Leo or Gemeni, i dont like fight water only Aries (dont have any good wind dps friends) but its ok if it have at least one fire part.

Btw not sure if anyone mentioned, but you can get level 4 bonds even if don't have respective character just using it often from friends.

Hmm so you cant fate branch Hellena yet ? was thinking about chaos wind setup smth like knight/archer, dancer, saint, + friend dps

BitterMarion
Jan 6, 2019, 10:15 PM
Another wind char that can't be branch/upgraded, well at least now I can make my Quna C.

diamondx
Jan 7, 2019, 02:04 AM
The enemy "マネットドール" have a low chance of dropping it, that enemy will only spawn in high difficulity【高難度】 stage

They look like this
https://i.imgur.com/VjrWYp1.jpg

And they turn into your party member
https://i.imgur.com/PXLAuYV.jpg
Can you tell me the translate the name of the stage and location please, thanks in advance

Sizustar
Jan 7, 2019, 06:01 AM
Can you tell me the translate the name of the stage and location please, thanks in advance

No specific stage, the enemy rarely spawn in any of the high difficulty stage in explore mode.

Sizustar
Jan 9, 2019, 01:21 AM
And for collecting Rappy feather for Kuna and stuff, the daily gold and exp book stage have a chance to spawn Rappy.

But some people are saying this stage that has 7 battle is better chance to spawn not just Rappy, but also the enemy マネットドール that change to character and chance to drop the shard for psycho wand

シェルタン半島 海岸:【高難度】

nyaaaaa
Jan 9, 2019, 07:17 AM
And for collecting Rappy feather for Kuna and stuff, the daily gold and exp book stage have a chance to spawn Rappy.

But some people are saying this stage that has 7 battle is better chance to spawn not just Rappy, but also the enemy マネットドール that change to character and chance to drop the shard for psycho wand

シェルタン半島 海岸:【高難度】

I saw two Rappies in the lvl.60 Meseta match early 'today' after the reset. Do they usually drop more feathers the higher the difficulty/level? Because it only showed one actually drop a feather, but the end result screen had four rappy feather square/drops, and all four had a '2' so apparently they gave me eight feathers. I have only seen like ten total so far, and was usually just 1-2.

Edit: Then again, I supposedly got an Aries fragment from a Ketos the other day because it glitched and showed a duplicate of the first 'result' that popped up (two popped up back to back, an Aries I had helped defeat and a Ketos I did defeat), but it also did the same thing again with a 4* weapon fragment. Said I got one but I didn't (I only noticed because I was one short of getting it to level 10 so went to upgrade and it wasn't there), so kind of wondering just what exactly I am or am not getting from those results screens (just seems to be the Idola ones so far though).

wahahaha
Jan 9, 2019, 08:02 AM
High risk colosseum yields around 20 ~ 27 rappy feathers more less. It seems like quartz talis requires 5 buffs to unleash max dmg bonus, kind of bad but then again it buffs all dmg.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 9, 2019, 10:21 AM
Eh I just got a new phone and re-installed idola after connecting to the play store and downloading through the Q00 APP
Now I open the game

and

It is taking me on the whole tutorial once again.. how do I skip this since I already have a valid account

nyaaaaa
Jan 9, 2019, 10:45 AM
Eh I just got a new phone and re-installed idola after connecting to the play store and downloading through the Q00 APP
Now I open the game

and

It is taking me on the whole tutorial once again.. how do I skip this since I already have a valid account

Should be from the launch/start screen, the small transfer/support button in the bottom left. Then the first option (https://bumped.org/idola/guide/ for visual reference if that didn't make sense). As for what comes after that button I don't know; haven't had to use/try it yet.

wahahaha
Jan 13, 2019, 10:35 AM
Any way to obtain more fate scrolls?

Lyrise
Jan 13, 2019, 12:03 PM
Other than getting the 4-5 extras that explore missions provides (usually the last mission of each region in hard) all you can do is wait for Sega to cough them up.

wahahaha
Jan 13, 2019, 12:22 PM
Other than getting the 4-5 extras that explore missions provides (usually the last mission of each region in hard) all you can do is wait for Sega to cough them up.

Guess i'll have to get more scrolls from characters i don't plan to use

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 13, 2019, 12:49 PM
Idola sp event is over. Have you got everything from the white items?

wahahaha
Jan 13, 2019, 01:48 PM
Idola sp event is over. Have you got everything from the white items?

I skipped elemental blast item, got 5 copies of sword maiden and 2 elysion fragments

oh man i finally found a psycho wand fragment https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/142622675632783360/534091543385079848/image0.png?

diamondx
Jan 13, 2019, 03:14 PM
What mission was this you got the psycho wand fragment from and what enemy please?

diamondx
Jan 13, 2019, 03:30 PM
I skipped elemental blast item, got 5 copies of sword maiden and 2 elysion fragments

oh man i finally found a psycho wand fragment https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/142622675632783360/534091543385079848/image0.png?

What mission was this you got the psycho wand fragment from and what enemy please?

LinkEP
Jan 13, 2019, 03:37 PM
I also got mine few weeks ago from that same quest. I assume drop rate is better on higher level Manet Dolls.

diamondx
Jan 13, 2019, 03:40 PM
I also got mine few weeks ago from the same quest. I assume drop rate is better on higher level Manet Dolls.

I mean what is the name of this quest and location where i can find this quest at please?

LinkEP
Jan 13, 2019, 03:52 PM
I mean what is the name of this quest and location where i can find this quest at please?
It's on the screenshot, one that says 【高難度】....
Located in Regulus cave.

diamondx
Jan 13, 2019, 04:19 PM
It's on the screenshot, one that says 【高難度】....
Located in Regulus cave.

i mean the name of the mission in the location of the Regulus Cave. please help. thanks in advance.

Lyrise
Jan 13, 2019, 05:41 PM
With all the talk about farming for Psychowand fragments, just wanted to remind everyone that the x2 exp and meseta campaign ends tomorrow. After that its back to normal rates.

wahahaha
Jan 13, 2019, 05:48 PM
I hope they boost free fields, as far i recall are they going to touch EXP rates? Leveling after 60 is a pain already

diamondx
Jan 13, 2019, 07:00 PM
Can anyone translate the entire mission phrase, please. thanks in advance.

wahahaha
Jan 13, 2019, 08:49 PM
Free field 5-6-2 lv 75 quest high risk

BitterMarion
Jan 13, 2019, 11:46 PM
I need help picking characters to promote for my higher level (5 star) team.

The team I am using right now is half water, half wind:

L: Amane (4), Quna (1), Melissa (4), NY Stella (0).
C: Stella (0), Zora (0), Jasper (2), Nadia (1).

I only have one other character of rarity 5, it's Law Xmas Rosalinde (1), and the rarity 4, level 60 characters I have available for upgrading are the following:

Water: C Ema (4), C Walter (2), L Abeyu (1), N Lana (2).
Wind: C Sasha (4), C Shibakuro (3), Hermina (4), L Popopurin (3), N Tania (2).
Fire: C Karin (4), C Lycaon (2), N Seraphy (2), N Duncan (0).
Earth: L Kyrion (1).

Right now I have items to upgrade 2 characters' rarity to 5, and I can get 2 fate scrolls from the free fields, all the characters are already fate forked except for Hermina, Jasper and Zora.

I am not sure on what to do, needless to say I have never been good at killing Gemini, but I can kill Leo and Aries most of the time, I feel like Zora isn't pulling her weight and was considering switching her for Sasha, I also feel a bit sad having Rosa warming the bench...

Thank you for your help, in advance.

Sizustar
Jan 14, 2019, 01:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdo8X86aGMo

Ch.6 comes with Jasper(5* Wind dual sword guy) job change

And his EB is as follow

Chaos - Single target, after use speed down, and the lower your HP the higher hte attack
Light - Single target, after use speed down, if defeat enemy with it, CD is down.

diamondx
Jan 14, 2019, 05:41 AM
Can anyone tell what is the name of this 4* symbol or soul. And what is it function? Thanks in advance.

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 14, 2019, 07:20 AM
https://bumped.org/idola/idola-soul-database/
You have all of them here. Plus weapons, characters and what they can do.

nyaaaaa
Jan 14, 2019, 09:38 AM
I need help picking characters to promote for my higher level (5 star) team.

The team I am using right now is half water, half wind:

L: Amane (4), Quna (1), Melissa (4), NY Stella (0).
C: Stella (0), Zora (0), Jasper (2), Nadia (1).

I only have one other character of rarity 5, it's Law Xmas Rosalinde (1), and the rarity 4, level 60 characters I have available for upgrading are the following:

Water: C Ema (4), C Walter (2), L Abeyu (1), N Lana (2).
Wind: C Sasha (4), C Shibakuro (3), Hermina (4), L Popopurin (3), N Tania (2).
Fire: C Karin (4), C Lycaon (2), N Seraphy (2), N Duncan (0).
Earth: L Kyrion (1).

Right now I have items to upgrade 2 characters' rarity to 5, and I can get 2 fate scrolls from the free fields, all the characters are already fate forked except for Hermina, Jasper and Zora.

I am not sure on what to do, needless to say I have never been good at killing Gemini, but I can kill Leo and Aries most of the time, I feel like Zora isn't pulling her weight and was considering switching her for Sasha, I also feel a bit sad having Rosa warming the bench...

Thank you for your help, in advance.

From what it looks like (and I hope this is completely intentional by Sega, and not just a coincidence of being new with few # of characters), I don't think you are supposed to ever really have a 'one-size-fits-all/meta' type of team. They seem to want to have everything setup so you are required to specifically use different characters/teams for different things.

This is good for the long term health of the game, because a lot of mobage doom themselves early when they find a popular (i.e. profitable) character and then release several OP versions. This leads to a 'you basically have to use this team or you won't win' kind of situation, and that's about when mobage say their final farewell. Luckily, they seemed to have learned from original Stella already (I hope), because she is borderline being too much as it is, main character or not (she basically has everybody's positives and barely any negatives).

Now you can have a utility team though, as in, one that just uses say your most powerful or most multi-target skill/EB characters, etc, for running through things like the lvl.60 Dailies and the like, but I don't think any one team is ever supposed to be able to face off against every Idola and every mission available (I barely have any characters since I started just before Christmas, and I have separate teams for each Idola, one for Dailies, one for Bond raising, etc).

-

Zora was the 4* that I rerolled for to get as my starting 5*, but I didn't know the role the 'Dancer' class had at the time though. I actually stopped using her for a short while because I thought she was kind of.. idk, but it felt like being more or less frozen for two turns was a massive drawback for a measly 15% or so. But it seems in Idola, so far at least, 15% actually means something unlike in PSO2, so I started using her again shortly after. I still use her now, as she boosts Jasper (support) for his heavy attacks, and then use her cooldown reduction skill on Quna (Chaos) to bring back her heal+regen faster. The heal isn't that great, but it's the regen that helps a lot. (I may be swapping Quna and Nadia between their roles in Law/Chaos though, just waiting to see what comes with the update first before deciding.)

As for Christmas Roza, I have to kind of agree with you that she ended up being quite underwhelming. A large part of her Chaos setup is based on the enemy needing to have Burn active, but all of her skills only have a 10-20% chance of triggering it (and this time it actually feels like a PSO2 10-20%). I only have two 5* characters (three if you count the boosted starter 4*) and she unfortunately gets benched quite often. Her EB isn't strong enough without the boost (and even with Burn active it still isn't that impressive). I did look into Karin's skills a bit though (she is the only 3* I do not have yet), and it looks like Christmas Roza might have possibly been made with the idea of running Karin together with her in the same team, as a lot of her skills/etc have pretty high Burn %'s iirc.

Oh, and as for not being able to defeat Gemini, I don't think that is on you/your team specifically. There just doesn't seem to be anything strong enough from Fire's side to really be able to compete with the combination of Speed+Buffs+All-attack EB that Gemini has, or at least I haven't really seen anybody put up too big of numbers compared to peak setups vs other Idola, but I could be wrong.

I may be wrong with some of this info though. I am still a bit new to the game and can only test mostly with what I have available.

Ch.6 comes with Jasper(5* Wind dual sword guy) job change

And his EB is as follow

Chaos - Single target, after use speed down, and the lower your HP the higher hte attack
Light - Single target, after use speed down, if defeat enemy with it, CD is down.

From the sound of it, looks like most will probably stay Chaos then (since he is kind of the go-to support character for Water Idola battles, or imo anyway, unless CD means something other than skill cooldown); which is good imo, or for me at least, since my setup to face Water type Idola focuses mainly on buffing him (as a support) and using his EB as the main point of attack/damage. Wasn't looking forward to the possibility of everybody changing to Law, as I wouldn't be able to do that anymore (I think his Law version looks odd anyway, but just my opinion).

Also, that Law EB animation looks like it might destroy/melt my phone ^^;, didn't check the Chaos one. The updated Chaos version also benefits from/for Idola battles I would think, especially those pesky Aries ones where he might be getting somewhat low on HP when he gets the second EB off (he's usually okay for the first, unless facing something you shouldn't be).

diamondx
Jan 14, 2019, 10:02 AM
https://bumped.org/idola/idola-soul-database/
You have all of them here. Plus weapons, characters and what they can do.

It is not in the database, that why i asked? please help

Tymek
Jan 14, 2019, 11:11 AM
It is not in the database, that why i asked? please help

https://i.imgur.com/MpG1aC5.png

:/ Please look more closely next time.

StreetFighter2242
Jan 14, 2019, 12:11 PM

I'm just laughing on the inside

LinkEP
Jan 15, 2019, 05:55 AM
So this new dark falz is "Dark Falz Theater" (google translated).
Now I realized why the game BGMs are elegant and epic.

EDIT:
Could it be she is the Dark Falz behind IDOLA music of every Dark Falzes?

Lyrise
Jan 15, 2019, 09:53 AM
So this new dark falz is "Dark Falz Theater" (google translated).
Now I realized why the game BGMs are elegant and epic.

EDIT:
Could it be she is the Dark Falz behind IDOLA music of every Dark Falzes?

This was actually something they mentioned at the start of the game, and mentioned again in Quna's sidestory.

Quna herself must probably be completely relieved that the Dark Falz of this world has been revealed, and seems to be a lesser threat than what she's used to in her proper universe.

Anyway, half stamina cost on Free missions. This is when you want to farm for Psychowand pieces.

wahahaha
Jan 15, 2019, 10:07 AM
So back to older posts, colosseum high risk quest at 25 cost... Should be the best quest to level up right now[SPOILER-BOX]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/344159257307906069/534750021535662130/image0.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

diamondx
Jan 15, 2019, 02:10 PM
what will be the best place to hunt for psycho wand fragments at, Recommend missions and locations please? Thanks in advance.

nyaaaaa
Jan 15, 2019, 05:32 PM
In the current Law missions/quests (where you use just Chaos unit), Roza can drop Chainsword fragments. I had one drop earlier (first run on the Lvl.60 one oddly enough, so I would assume she drops them on the Lvl.80 one as well/at a higher rate).

-

Also, for the Idola White Crystals, suggestions for the priority order of the items after Hermina? I have 413 left. I am guessing the Elusion fragments, since they don't seem to be listed as obtainable anywhere else? Or should I grab the 5* EB item as well (I have two atm)?

Lyrise
Jan 15, 2019, 08:17 PM
In the current Law missions/quests (where you use just Chaos unit), Roza can drop Chainsword fragments. I had one drop earlier (first run on the Lvl.60 one oddly enough, so I would assume she drops them on the Lvl.80 one as well/at a higher rate).

-

Also, for the Idola White Crystals, suggestions for the priority order of the items after Hermina? I have 413 left. I am guessing the Elusion fragments, since they don't seem to be listed as obtainable anywhere else? Or should I grab the 5* EB item as well (I have two atm)?

Rosa can also gift you chainsawd fragments. But as a weapon symbol, they're not that great.

Same thing for the Elysion, not that great (damage bonus tied to element charge). Regarding the white crystal shop, get the mystic crystal, you will always need these as they are required for level 5 EB upgrades.

Meteor Weapon
Jan 15, 2019, 09:31 PM
This was actually something they mentioned at the start of the game, and mentioned again in Quna's sidestory.

Quna herself must probably be completely relieved that the Dark Falz of this world has been revealed, and seems to be a lesser threat than what she's used to in her proper universe.

Anyway, half stamina cost on Free missions. This is when you want to farm for Psychowand pieces.

I thought IDOLA and PSO2 are of the same universe, what was she doing there btw? Scouting? Theater must've realized PD has already been unsealed by now and just go straight to it or it's just gonna have fun wrecking the world in IDOLA atm.

Sizustar
Jan 16, 2019, 01:51 AM
what will be the best place to hunt for psycho wand fragments at, Recommend missions and locations please? Thanks in advance.

Area
帝都レグルス

Stage 【高難度】激闘の闘技場

8 Wave so more chance for rare enemy to appear

Wave 1 - Wind ルガルフ[HP:11000]

Wave 2 - Wind ガブーナイト[HP:11000] x2
Fire 帝国ナイト[HP:10000] x1

Wave 3 - Earth ならず者ベルセルク[HP:8000] x2
Wind ならず者アサシン[10000] x1

Wave 4- Water 帝国ナイト隊長[HP:11000] x2
Water 帝国セイント隊長[HP:11000] x1

Wave 5 One of each element(Minus earth) 反乱軍ウィザード[HP:10000]

Wave 6 Fire 帝国ナイト近衛[HP:12000] x1
Water 帝国ナイト隊長[HP:11000] x1
Wind 帝国セイント隊長[HP:11000] x1

Wave 7 Fire 野盗ベルセルク[HP:11000] x2
Water 野盗アサシン[HP:11000] x2

Wave 8 fire 帝国ナイト近衛[HP:12000] x2
Water 帝国ナイト隊長[HP:11000] x2

If too hard and don't want psychowand, then same map
闇との対峙 All enemy are fire elemnt

diamondx
Jan 16, 2019, 06:00 AM
What enemy and mission drop the following 5* weapon: Berdysh. thanks in advance.

Lyrise
Jan 16, 2019, 07:59 AM
What enemy and mission drop the following 5* weapon: Berdysh. thanks in advance.

It's in the gacha, and Stella also gives pieces of that to you as a gift.

wahahaha
Jan 16, 2019, 09:18 AM
I noticed a rappy button at home screen that gives around 50 stamina, how does it triggers?

Lyrise
Jan 16, 2019, 09:33 AM
It's a random bonus. if you see it, hit it immediately. If you leave it alone thinking you can activate it later, it will totally disappear on you.

Sizustar
Jan 16, 2019, 10:24 AM
Beside Gacha and max affection, it drops in these stage

帝都レグルス:
【高難度】激闘の闘技場
【高難度】古の守り人

土曜(星期六):
土の強化【上級】

列伝:
【グスタフ】「決勝」エルウィン戦
【グスタフ】大波乱、そして
【ケンペル】法から逃れし者
【タニア】誰かを守る力
【タニア】自由は力なり
【ヴォルフ】魂の虜囚

LinkEP
Jan 16, 2019, 10:24 AM
https://twitter.com/sega_idola/status/1085069357720395781

Bonus button restores 60 Stamina. Resets every 11:00 and 17:00 JST, I think.

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 17, 2019, 03:06 AM
[spoiler-box]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/451043040891633676/535368352072204305/Screenshot_20190117-085745.png[/spoiler-box] Aren't these Pso2 boxes scattered in the background and foreground?

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 17, 2019, 01:22 PM
eh is there something to increase a characters likeness faster ?
cause there are some characters from netural I want to move over to chaos however +10 to likeness is pretty slow

wahahaha
Jan 17, 2019, 01:28 PM
eh is there something to increase a characters likeness faster ?
cause there are some characters from netural I want to move over to chaos however +10 to likeness is pretty slow

Rappy chip friend partner yields 25 ~ 28 bond, spam 1-1 5 cost quest currently

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 17, 2019, 02:41 PM
Rappy chip friend partner yields 25 ~ 28 bond, spam 1-1 5 cost quest currently

ok thanks for that but i do not have a rappy chip..
so what else works.

nyaaaaa
Jan 17, 2019, 05:48 PM
You guys have any go-to maps/quests for farming various/specific EB items? The wiki lists the locations and what drops them and I have checked it already, just curious if you guys knew of any specific locations/quests that were more efficient than others. The main one I need atm is the 2* pink cloth roll one (drops from Empire/Imperial Knights mostly it seems), but I need like, 200 of them.. :lol:

(I don't have any of the New Years gifts left to get any more from the exchange, in case it was going to be suggested)

nyaaaaa
Jan 17, 2019, 05:56 PM
so what else works.

I think the Rappy soul is the only thing that increases it per-quest atm (could be wrong though), but if I am not mistaken, you can 'double up' by having that character in your team and then selecting a support character from someone else that is the same character (form doesn't matter, as long as it isn't one of the Seasonal variants). So it should be +10 for yours and +10 for the support, so twice as fast, but this may be wrong. I never really tested it.

For the Rappy soul, I think it is only 30 feathers iirc? (I picked mine up as the first thing from the Rappy feather exchange; srry Quna) It gives a 30% bonus at base form/lvl.1, so you would get +13 for yours (as long as that character has it equipped). I don't think it works for the support character unless they also have it equipped though, but again, not positive about that.

diamondx
Jan 17, 2019, 11:51 PM
What character either Law or chaos would benefit more when using the 5* Psycho wand? And does it function actually works? thanks in advance :)

LinkEP
Jan 18, 2019, 02:00 AM
You guys have any go-to maps/quests for farming various/specific EB items? The wiki lists the locations and what drops them and I have checked it already, just curious if you guys knew of any specific locations/quests that were more efficient than others. The main one I need atm is the 2* pink cloth roll one (drops from Empire/Imperial Knights mostly it seems), but I need like, 200 of them.. :lol:

(I don't have any of the New Years gifts left to get any more from the exchange, in case it was going to be suggested)

As far I experienced, ガブーのお宝 (daily quest every saturday) drops most EB items at random.
Low Level - Efficient to farm 1* materials.
Mid Level - Efficient to farm 2* materials, sometimes they drop 3*.
High Level - Efficient to farm 3* materials. The only difficulty I saw dropping 4* materials (drops rarely).

Edit Reason:
Changed "drops the best" to "efficient to farm".
And changed "drops all" to "drops most". I never see them dropping ash materials.

LinkEP
Jan 18, 2019, 02:55 AM
so what else works.

Or just take your character and the same character from support partner list to the quest. You'll get +20 Bond Points.
Follow the player after Quest Clear ( フォローする at lower right of the Result screen ) so you can use him/her repeatedly. The support character that you followed may disappear/change if the followed player changed his/her support characters.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 18, 2019, 06:29 AM
Or just take your character and the same character from support partner list to the quest. You'll get +20 Bond Points.
Follow the player after Quest Clear ( フォローする at lower right of the Result screen ) so you can use him/her repeatedly. The support character that you followed may disappear/change if the followed player changed his/her support characters.

thanks for the note @Link EP
edit: I just tried.. did not work.. still at +10.
used another person's support character called A which I also have just different level and still +10

ok next question:

what is the bonding exp per level ?? and is there a way to view it like how we do for our players rank

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 18, 2019, 06:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwL0Ivoe3QM
Popona, the virtual youtuber for the Idola game, playing... Alien Isolation.

LinkEP
Jan 18, 2019, 07:25 AM
thanks for the note @Link EP
edit: I just tried.. did not work.. still at +10.
used another person's support character called A which I also have just different level and still +10

ok next question:

what is the bonding exp per level ?? and is there a way to view it like how we do for our players rank

It should look like this:
https://i.imgur.com/4kQ285m.png

Bonding Requirements:
Lv. 0 > 1 = 100
Lv. 1 > 2 = 300
Lv. 2 > 3 = 500
Lv. 3 > 4 = 1000

You can check your progress by tap holding your character icon and see プロフィール (Profile) tab.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 18, 2019, 07:27 AM
Thanks again @LinkEP

Tymek
Jan 18, 2019, 07:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwL0Ivoe3QM
Popona, the virtual youtuber for the Idola game, playing... Alien Isolation.

This is canon in IDOLA.

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 18, 2019, 08:01 AM
It's an official video in the official Popona channel, so it's official. There might be (Giger's) Aliens in the universe of Idola.

foolishking
Jan 20, 2019, 12:17 AM
So I just started playing a few days ago and have a couple of questions I couldn't find.

Whats the best way to get Idola points for PSO2?

What are the best ways to level up: daily missions or redoing story missions?

Also anyway to disable animations to shorten some of the battle times?

Sizustar
Jan 20, 2019, 01:36 AM
So I just started playing a few days ago and have a couple of questions I couldn't find.

Whats the best way to get Idola points for PSO2?

What are the best ways to level up: daily missions or redoing story missions?

Also anyway to disable animations to shorten some of the battle times?

1.Play the game normally, doing quest, making and battleing Idola.

2. Currently the Free mission cost 50% stamina

So on the Area帝都レグルス

If your team is strong enough, 【高難度】激闘の闘技場
Otherwise use a water team for 闇との対峙 instead

3. There's no way to disable it, but you can turn on skip in option to skip any animation by player or enemy in the battle screen option.

HardBoiledPapa
Jan 20, 2019, 02:26 AM
Anyone know the conditions for the achievements on the 3rd tab? I think most of them have a deadline of next maintenance.

Lyrise
Jan 20, 2019, 07:25 AM
Anyone know the conditions for the achievements on the 3rd tab? I think most of them have a deadline of next maintenance.

The simplest way to put it would be to clear all of the ongoing event missions 3 times each. Then you need to summon 10 idola and fight 50 different idola from other players.

If you haven't started sommoning, you're going to have to summon mainly fire type idola to ensure that they don't get ignored..

diamondx
Jan 20, 2019, 10:08 AM
Anyone know the conditions for the achievements on the 2nd tab? I think most of them have a deadline of next maintenance. Thanks in advance. :)

Lyrise
Jan 20, 2019, 10:48 AM
None of those have a deadline. Only achievements in that 3rd tab ever have a deadline.

Anyway, the ones in your picture are asking for 30 character limit breaks, and 20 characters at max bond.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 20, 2019, 11:43 AM
Besides the colosseum LVL 70 risk 25 ... how else can I level faster.
(my characters are only 4x lol)

I am doing the daily books at the moment , however , that is very very slow... zzzz
kinda stuck at level 4x at the moment

yeah so how else ??

Lyrise
Jan 20, 2019, 12:03 PM
That is just how it is - you're already going as fast as anyone else possibly could. I have this feeling they aren't ever going to release another class training quest, since the first one made exp payouts way too high.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 20, 2019, 12:28 PM
That is just how it is - you're already going as fast as anyone else possibly could. I have this feeling they aren't ever going to release another class training quest, since the first one made exp payouts way too high.

i am asking because i am already noticing high level selections in the support partner section. high levels like 60 - 90 and a few level 100's

HardBoiledPapa
Jan 20, 2019, 12:36 PM
The simplest way to put it would be to clear all of the ongoing event missions 3 times each. Then you need to summon 10 idola and fight 50 different idola from other players.

If you haven't started sommoning, you're going to have to summon mainly fire type idola to ensure that they don't get ignored..

Ok thanks looks like I won't be able to clear the remaining 2 quests because my lvls are still too low.

Lyrise
Jan 20, 2019, 12:56 PM
i am asking because i am already noticing high level selections in the support partner section. high levels like 60 - 90 and a few level 100's

That's due to singular focus. Farm for books, and use them all on a single character.

wahahaha
Jan 20, 2019, 04:02 PM
So NO information regarding matchmaking fixes? It’s getting boring summoning s rare just to fight bots

Sizustar
Jan 20, 2019, 09:29 PM
Besides the colosseum LVL 70 risk 25 ... how else can I level faster.
(my characters are only 4x lol)

I am doing the daily books at the moment , however , that is very very slow... zzzz
kinda stuck at level 4x at the moment

yeah so how else ??

You can try 闇との対峙, all the enemy are one element, so you just need a strong water element team to clear it.

New chara coming 1/22 ability seems interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuQ-FbsfXo4

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 21, 2019, 01:56 AM
What in the hell is this Idola battle crap... everytime I go in to fight it.. in less than 5mins.. battle break..
zzzz... at this rate I cannot even seem to beat any idola thanks to battle breaking zzzzz

This issue or the fact that everytime I select the idola to fight.. it says that it has been beaten...

HOW THE FUCK DO WE PLAY LIKE THIS ???

foolishking
Jan 21, 2019, 03:03 AM
Should i be saving star gems or just using them as soon as i reach 3000?

HardBoiledPapa
Jan 21, 2019, 03:07 AM
What in the hell is this Idola battle crap... everytime I go in to fight it.. in less than 5mins.. battle break..
zzzz... at this rate I cannot even seem to beat any idola thanks to battle breaking zzzzz

This issue or the fact that everytime I select the idola to fight.. it says that it has been beaten...

HOW THE FUCK DO WE PLAY LIKE THIS ???

Before you call something crap try to at least know what the mechanics is first. The idola you fought isn't only fought by yourself but by other players too. The point of the idola battle is to deal as much damage to the idola in 8 turns and even if you didn't kill it you can still fight it again as long as the idola is still alive by then. The damage you dealt to it will be accumulated and depending on how much damage you dealt to will determine your rank. As for what items you'll receive depending on what rank you got that I do not know.

HardBoiledPapa
Jan 21, 2019, 03:12 AM
Should i be saving star gems or just using them as soon as i reach 3000?

If i were you i would save those star diamonds and go all out once you see a char that you really want. I once spent 15k star diamonds and it only net me 3x 5star chars. As for me i'm saving up my diamonds once Gene arrives just to be safe if ever she's a gacha char only.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 21, 2019, 03:16 AM
Before you call something crap try to at least know what the mechanics is first. The idola you fought isn't only fought by yourself but by other players too. The point of the idola battle is to deal as much damage to the idola in 8 turns and even if you didn't kill it you can still fight it again as long as the idola is still alive by then. The damage you dealt to it will be accumulated and depending on how much damage you dealt to will determine your rank. As for what items you'll receive depending on what rank you got that I do not know.

only 8 turns ?

HardBoiledPapa
Jan 21, 2019, 03:20 AM
only 8 turns ?

Based on my experience 8 turns is enough to deal 100-200k dmg some even higher. Idolas such as Leo i think is the most bullied idola because Stella users eat them for lunch.

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 21, 2019, 05:30 AM
Then, how did everybody get Stella, I don't have her ;_;

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 21, 2019, 06:15 AM

RNG Roll using star diamonds or just support select when any quest(s) starts

edit: I have 2 stella's btw. One new year stella and one chaos Stella ( converted from Law )

Lyrise
Jan 21, 2019, 09:43 AM

Reset Marathon when you first start until you get her from your free rolls, and then there was that Stella Pickup Gacha which I abused to fuil effect with all the stardias that I had saved up (Got max limit break).

If i were you i would save those star diamonds and go all out once you see a char that you really want. I once spent 15k star diamonds and it only net me 3x 5star chars. As for mei'm saving up my diamonds once Gene arrives just to be safe if ever she's a gacha char only.

This is also my plan. Every week that goes by is an additional 2-3k stardias to the total, thanks to weekly ranking. However, Valentines' Day is approaching, and that just might set back my plan for a bit.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 22, 2019, 06:25 AM
I tried playing the idola rush quest again but this time with a twist.. instead of fighting other people's idola I put mine up for people to fight..

In terms of characters my highest is only ゾラ of level 60. The rest are basically 47-49 lol.

Any case threw in a gemini idola and the game ranked it as B. Within 4 hours of seeding , 8 teams have tried to blow my idola away and out of 8 teams my idola took out 54 peeps and I still have roughly 17mins left for seeding as per this post8
will post a picture later

Sizustar
Jan 22, 2019, 06:48 AM
I tried playing the idola rush quest again but this time with a twist.. instead of fighting other people's idola I put mine up for people to fight..

In terms of characters my highest is only ゾラ of level 60. The rest are basically 47-49 lol.

Any case threw in a gemini idola and the game ranked it as B. Within 4 hours of seeding , 7 teams have tried to blow my idola away and out of 7 teams my idola took out 46 peeps and I still have roughly 40mins left for seeding as per this post

will post a picture later

You do know that you don't choose to do one or the other, but you need to do both to earn points for ranking?

Battleing other cost the stamina dot, creating one need 10 shard that you can get from fighting Idola and normal stage.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 22, 2019, 06:52 AM
You do know that you don't choose to do one or the other, but you need to do both to earn points for ranking?

Battleing other cost the stamina dot, creating one need 10 shard that you can get from fighting Idola and normal stage.

thanks for the note on doing both. I am still shocked though... this is my first try in putting out an idola for people to fight and I did not expect it to do so well

edit: final score and btw its not beaten at all. It still has a good amount of HP left

[spoiler-box]https://i.imgur.com/GmwnTQk.png[/spoiler-box]

Lyrise
Jan 22, 2019, 08:59 AM
That can be both a blessing and a curse. You want your Idola to last as long as it can, so it can try to kill more player units. But the longer your idola lasts, the longer you have to wait to collect your points. This is why over the weekend, you'll see a ton of Leos. People flock to them because they're easy to blow away, and people put them up because they'll get offed faster, for quicker points.

Anyway, class training is back. Elementars first, Wizards 2 days later, both at once after another 2 days. Run these missions if you have Elementars or Wizards to level up, or if you want quick bond points, since you're getting at least 15 (23 if Elementar or Wizard, depending on which training is happening.)

wahahaha
Jan 22, 2019, 09:11 AM
So i finally managed to build a god damn psycho wand, was it worth? Way too much

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/344159257307906069/537272867537027102/image0.png

Exp gains

LancerFate
Jan 22, 2019, 12:32 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/CAEYR/5a009492f7.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX] Nice exp, got her from 4* ticket, also first Leo for me, now i can save star diamonds.

BitterMarion
Jan 22, 2019, 12:54 PM
Hello I am back, thank you for your advice... person that doesn't want to be quoted and that I don't know how to tag! I am very happy with Zora now that she is promoted although I do wish I could pull some more to limit break her... it's too bad the Jasper focused gacha is gone, I didn't get any of the characters just multiple of the souls...

I was pretty excited to finally get a fire elementor but I don't like skills that have effects after defeating an enemy very much... unsure if I want to try to get her since my fire team is pretty much my wind team plus xmas rosa at the moment.

NightlightPro
Jan 22, 2019, 02:04 PM
is there no tweaker for this game yet?

Lyrise
Jan 22, 2019, 02:06 PM
So i finally managed to build a god damn psycho wand, was it worth? Way too much

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/344159257307906069/537272867537027102/image0.png

Exp gains

Congrats on making your psychowand - you definitely stuck it out where I could not.

I pretty much stopped once I realized 2 things. 1. I don't have a really effective character to use it with (the characters I would like to use it with have skills that require 5 - 7 turns to begin with, and Elemental blast usage would ensure that the effect gets diminished), and 2. I would need to level it several times before it becomes a useful weapon for me to use.

diamondx
Jan 22, 2019, 04:21 PM
Anyone know the conditions for the achievements on the 3rd tab? Thanks in advance. :)

Lyrise
Jan 22, 2019, 04:57 PM
Just keep summoning idolas. This is a new thing every week now, summon 10 idolas and fight 50 others and you'll clear all those titles.

HardBoiledPapa
Jan 22, 2019, 11:03 PM
Anyone know if it's possible to play this game on 2 devices of course not playing it at the same time? Currently my tablet is experiencing some issues so I'm thinking of trying this game on bluestacks while I can't use my tablet then switch to it once it's fine because I can't have 2 games running on my pc at the same time.

Lyrise
Jan 23, 2019, 08:59 AM
Anyone know if it's possible to play this game on 2 devices of course not playing it at the same time? Currently, my tablet is experiencing some issues so I'm thinking of trying this game on bluestacks while I can't use my tablet then switch to it once it's fine because I can't have 2 games running on my pc at the same time.

Not possible. Whoever Sega hired to design the authentication system for Idola did too good a job. Even with Sega ID, if the servers detect rapid changes in the MAC Address being used, even if it's reverting to a previously used one, it'll prevent you from switching devices for some time. If you're just transferring to another "device" temporarily, but not switching back within a short time (like, within a few hours) you should be okay.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 25, 2019, 08:12 AM
as the main game is under emergency maintenance I thought I would just drop this screenshot of my team here

[spoiler-box]https://i.imgur.com/zsudY8E.png[/spoiler-box]

diamondx
Jan 26, 2019, 09:16 AM
Can someone translate 2nd tab achievements please. Thanks in advance.

Lyrise
Jan 26, 2019, 11:41 AM
Limit break your characters 30 times, develop max bonds with 20 characters.

nyaaaaa
Jan 30, 2019, 09:33 AM
Do you have to be able to summon a specific Idola before their soul symbol fragments will drop from battling them? I have yet to see a single Gemini fragment, but I also don't have Jasper 'Pa, so can't summon Gemini (so that achievement is still locked). Wasn't sure, since I have both a Leo and Ketos at lvl.5 and I think my Aries is at lvl.8 already, but not one Gemini fragment to be seen, and still 1-2 fragments shy of making both Lupus and Chameleon as well. I have tried summoning the latter two occasionally recently to remedy that, but usually just get the wonderful RNG roll of B rank, so it just sits there for 5 hours untouched because everybody (that plays actively enough) is in Ace III and can't see them (which is another issue that needs to be fixed imo, but a discussion for another time).

Also, what is the purpose of the two team/club/clan things? I know there is an achievement for, I believe, joining one and creating one, but is it just a social thing, or is there some other benefit(s)? I think maybe(?) you can request help for Idola battles from people in the same team/club/clan? Not positive, but I haven't really messed with them yet (aside from trying out various logo combinations when I was bored once).

wahahaha
Jan 30, 2019, 09:50 AM
Fight A+ idolas for fragments. A team is mostly for killing idolas faster with 14 dudes

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 30, 2019, 06:16 PM
I just got a Gemini fragment from an Idola battle (not my summon, I don't have Jasper)

Lyrise
Jan 31, 2019, 09:31 AM
A team is mostly for killing idolas faster with 14 dudes

Joining a team also prioritizes your teammates in the support character selection as well.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 31, 2019, 11:33 AM
someone help me understand how weapons and symbols cards work..
i have many 4 and 5 star weapons + and symbol cards
but alot of them are greyed out
for example the gemini fragment.... i already have 3 of it but i cannot use it

BitterMarion
Jan 31, 2019, 12:16 PM
If the item in question is greyed out in the 強化 menu, this means you require more fragments and/or meseta to upgrade it and will be shown as a red number I believe. You can't equip fragments by themselves, first you must create the weapon/soul in the 生成 menu.

You might be missing the tab selection near the top-left corner of the screen in either of those menu, to switch between weapon ウェポン and soul ソウル, it happened to me at first when I was trying to create my first idola soul.

Also worth noting that while in the creation screen, the top number which reads カケラ必要数 is the number of fragments you require to create it, and the number below which reads カケラ所持数 is the number of fragments you have in your possesion, perhaps you are mixing them up... although I don't think a gemini soul requires 3 fragments but only 2 so I don't think this is the case.

If you already knew all of this and still can't use them, then perhaps you are victim of a bug.

diamondx
Feb 2, 2019, 11:16 AM
Question, on the chaos side: Say i have 2 fire char: each char has a 5* Stylish Wolf Maiden on each of them. Does the effects stack yes or no? Thanks in advance.

BitterMarion
Feb 2, 2019, 01:06 PM
Question, on the chaos side: Say i have 2 fire char: each char has a 5* Stylish Wolf Maiden on each of them. Does the effects stack yes or no? Thanks in advance.

Yes and no.

Soul effects that activate by having 5 or more of a certain element at the start of the turn don't require the character to be that certain element, they also only affect the character in question.

So as soon as you start a turn and you have 5 or more fire element and 2 of your characters have the soul equipped, both wolf maiden effects will activate, regardless of the element your characters are, however since the effect only affects the user that has equipped the soul, the effects will not multiply or anything of the sort, each user will be affected by their own soul and that is it.

Sizustar
Feb 7, 2019, 11:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQLZsWmMwls

Angry_Ryudo
Feb 8, 2019, 04:57 AM
Do gacha tickets have any Sort of expiration date? I'm keeping them for future 5* chars but I don't wanna lose them.

Lyrise
Feb 8, 2019, 08:59 AM
None whatsoever. Save them for as long as you need to. I'm personally sitting on 38 single pulls myself. Though I did use up many of my 10pull stacks to fully limitbreak some of my characters.

BitterMarion
Feb 8, 2019, 11:58 AM
Great update coming it seems. (2/19)

Small translation, but I doubt it's needed for the people who already play.

Bigger EXP and Meseta gained from Daily quests. Popona adds that, while there is a double xp&meseta event running, it seems like it will be even higher than what we are getting right now.

Repeat Battle button. Popona says that, since the battle will start as soon as you press the button, you will repeatedly summon the same support/friend character.. which is really good.

"Uly" Limit Break. Will happen by clearing main story, the first one by clearing chapter 7 which is coming this update.

diamondx
Feb 8, 2019, 02:15 PM
What and who is Yuri??? (also Yuri Limit break)??? what char is this yall?

Tymek
Feb 8, 2019, 02:21 PM
What and who is Yuri??? (also Yuri Limit break)??? what char is this yall?

Uly/Ulysses, the male protagonist.

Sizustar
Feb 9, 2019, 03:32 AM
https://i.imgur.com/bblYr61.jpg

You can watch hte video to see.

diamondx
Feb 10, 2019, 09:07 PM
What is the translation for the SP special idola achievements are yall? (the event that is happening now with the Battle SP idola)

Veriti
Feb 10, 2019, 09:27 PM
These are the ones I know. 42012

I just started playing recently so I had a few quick questions. Where can I get the blue feathery wings at? It's my main hold up on upgrade a few of my characters skills.

Also how does the Idola point system really work? I understand the one for fighting Idola, but the one for creating Idola isn't as clear.

diamondx
Feb 10, 2019, 09:38 PM
These are the ones I know. 42012

I just started playing recently so I had a few quick questions. Where can I get the blue feathery wings at? It's my main hold up on upgrade a few of my characters skills.

Also how does the Idola point system really work? I understand the one for fighting Idola, but the one for creating Idola isn't as clear.
(attachment 42012 is say " invalid attachment 42012" )??? What is the translations for the SP special idola achievements are yall? (the event that is happening now with the Battle SP idola.)

Lyrise
Feb 10, 2019, 09:40 PM
What is the translation for the SP special idola achievements are yall? (the event that is happening now with the Battle SP idola)

1. Summon 4 Fire Idola.
2. Summon 4 Water Idola.
3. Battle 10 different Fire Idola
4. Battle 10 different Water Idola
5. Collect 50 Blue Idola Crystals
6. Collect 150 Blue Idola Crystals
7. Collect 300 Blue Idola Crystals
8. Fight 3 Rare idola
9. Wipe out 150 player units with your Idola
10. Wipe out 300 player units with your idola.

Veriti
Feb 10, 2019, 09:47 PM
Oh, I was wrong about some of them. Thanks for the clarification.

BitterMarion
Feb 10, 2019, 10:54 PM

The blue feathery wings drop from enemies with names ending in 「クワット」which are the birds, a place to find some is 海岸の魔物討伐 in the map シェルタン半島 海岸 but anywhere with such enemies should drop them.

I am not 100% sure on the scoring system for creating an idola, but I'm sure that the amount of people your Idola takes down, along with the grade and "Rare" status of your Idola counts... not sure about the stats of it, but the most important thing is to be able to repeatedly summon high grade Idolas if you want to rank high I think.

diamondx
Feb 11, 2019, 10:44 AM
When are they going to release the full story for 4* character Hermina, yall?

Sizustar
Feb 13, 2019, 03:09 AM
Ver 1.3.0 update
https://idola.sega-online.jp/news/Update130/

New thing for Rappy feather exchange

BitterMarion
Feb 17, 2019, 06:07 PM
I am personally more excited about the new buttons, finally I will be able to let the game play itself.. outside of Idola battles of course, but that is mostly because of RNG status effects.

I am sure it won't happen in a long time, but I do wish they would enhance the animation/sprite quality... the sound quality is amazing and that only makes the former look even worse in my opinion.

Tymek
Feb 17, 2019, 06:57 PM
1. Summon 4 Fire Idola.
2. Summon 4 Water Idola.
3. Battle 10 different Fire Idola
4. Battle 10 different Water Idola
5. Collect 50 Blue Idola Crystals
6. Collect 150 Blue Idola Crystals
7. Collect 300 Blue Idola Crystals
8. Fight 3 Rare idola
9. Wipe out 150 player units with your Idola
10. Wipe out 300 player units with your idola.
Haha! I completely missed out on this. A lack of free time combined with zero willingness to play can do that kind of thing to someone. Were the rewards the same as usual or did I miss out on anything good? I know we didn't get a character this time.

Lyrise
Feb 17, 2019, 06:58 PM
Gacha tickets, Crystals for EB levelling, and EXP books.

Sizustar
Feb 18, 2019, 07:02 AM
More info

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFcu50xWHf4

Tymek
Feb 18, 2019, 08:21 AM
More info

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFcu50xWHf4

Totonotte is the best character just for the Rappy EB moves alone.