PDA

View Full Version : E-Maint is happening now (is now over)

ArcaneTechs
Dec 19, 2018, 04:31 AM
why?

Sega dun goofed and gave the 50 clear quest title to everyone for the new raid when no ones gotten a chance to run it so people had the new stone early. CLASSIC SEGA

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-emergency-maintenance-12-19-2018/

Suirano
Dec 19, 2018, 04:33 AM
why?

Sega dun goofed and gave the 50 clear quest title to everyone for the new raid when no ones gotten a chance to run it so people had the new stone early. CLASSIC SEGA

I didn't get it so this is bullshit >:V

Dugs
Dec 19, 2018, 04:35 AM
They did it again...

ArcaneTechs
Dec 19, 2018, 04:38 AM
I didn't get it so this is bullshit >:V
it wouldnt matter if you grabbed it or not, they would just revert back to the saves they had prior to maint finishing and fixing w/e they messed up on beforehand. i didnt even get to check if i got it or not

Suirano
Dec 19, 2018, 04:42 AM
it wouldnt matter if you grabbed it or not, they would just revert back to the saves they had prior to maint finishing and fixing w/e they messed up on beforehand. i didnt even get to check if i got it or not

Oh I know, I was just being dumb. Someone in my team got one and then Sega made a post saying it was a bug before they announced the maintenance.

ZerotakerZX
Dec 19, 2018, 04:44 AM
There goes our first raid run

NightlightPro
Dec 19, 2018, 04:46 AM
wat the stone was for

Suirano
Dec 19, 2018, 04:47 AM
They cancelled the second one too. So the earliest one is gonna be 9 AM EDT if even that. GG Sega

ZerotakerZX
Dec 19, 2018, 04:49 AM
wat the stone was for

for 15*

Darki
Dec 19, 2018, 05:10 AM

Sigh, had gotten an Atra Ex already, but I guess the easiest way to fix this is a rollback.

AlphaBlob
Dec 19, 2018, 05:18 AM
We fucked up, 100% triboost compensation.

mother clusterfck
Dec 19, 2018, 05:30 AM
Don't forget the salon pass!

Masu
Dec 19, 2018, 05:32 AM
F*uck tri boost and salon pass (we are showered with both anyway). 1 million xp tickets please =_= b

if they ever do a rollback, what about the ppl who charged AC before EM

rip AC/ money?

Good question as I made 20m+ already selling goldmat surplus. Bought some stuff too... :/

NightlightPro
Dec 19, 2018, 05:34 AM
if they ever do a rollback, what about the ppl who charged AC before EM

rip AC/ money? (unless it will still be saved)

XrosBlader821
Dec 19, 2018, 05:44 AM
I think the only thing they're reverting is the stone...

milranduil
Dec 19, 2018, 05:52 AM
they haven't done a rollback in like years, they will just fix the bugs and delete the stone from inventory/titles

Meteor Weapon
Dec 19, 2018, 05:58 AM
I was kinda expecting stupid things like this to happen. Should've had patched it last week to avoid bugs like this lol

Suirano
Dec 19, 2018, 06:06 AM
So Sega just tweeted this.

https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/1075345755060166658

Seems its not ending until 3:00 JST.

Masu
Dec 19, 2018, 06:09 AM
Maintenance end at 3 am JST...mmmk ._.

Suirano
Dec 19, 2018, 06:10 AM
Also seems the damage values of 15*s were ridiculously high. People were doing insane damage with these weapons and they weren't supposed to. I even noticed my Atra EX JBs were doing 2x the damage compared to the normal Atra.

LancerFate
Dec 19, 2018, 06:11 AM
Well yes that's suck but whatever, at least they fixin things.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 19, 2018, 06:21 AM
welp sega done goofed real fast and maintenance is going to be on for like 6hrs or something. get some sleep guys, the first 3 raids are cancelled lol

9pm EST here i come

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 19, 2018, 06:22 AM
ZZZZZZZ

GOTO SLEEP EVERYONE.. CAUSE MAINT ENDS ON 3.00 JST 20-DEC-2018 ( THURSDAY 3am JST )

https://i.imgur.com/rIzSqRe.png

Suirano
Dec 19, 2018, 06:23 AM
Regarding the high 15* damage value, it was solely on Omega Masquerade. You were able to do 2x the damage to him getting ridiculously low clear times. So yeah, that is another thing they are fixing. There was also a bug of players getting messages of Polytanland being active along with other LQs that aren't around right now.

Seems a lot of bugs happened with this update along with that 15* stone issue.

Masu
Dec 19, 2018, 06:24 AM
Yamato launch episode2. Nostalgia nostalgia :D

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 19, 2018, 06:25 AM
anyone see my post above zzzzzz

lol next day game

XrosBlader821
Dec 19, 2018, 06:25 AM
Regarding the high 15* damage value, it was solely on Omega Masquerade. You were able to do 2x the damage to him getting ridiculously low clear times. So yeah, that is another thing they are fixing. There was also a bug of players getting messages of Polytanland being active along with other LQs that aren't around right now.

Seems a lot of bugs happened with this update along with that 15* stone issue.

Does Sega not bug test their Updates? This sounds like a private server being ran by amateurs.

the_importer_
Dec 19, 2018, 06:58 AM
https://66.media.tumblr.com/79dee9548567a387a516fdb2e08b1f29/tumblr_pd8a9mSQfH1xoe44go3_400.gif

TheFanaticViper
Dec 19, 2018, 07:11 AM
Does Sega not bug test their Updates? This sounds like a private server being ran by amateurs.

Test is useless when you have millions beta tester :-P

Dark Mits
Dec 19, 2018, 07:31 AM
One of the following possibilities:
1) They don't playtest their builds (unlikely)
2) They have spaghetti code, the problems of which arise on their live servers and not their closed beta ones (likely)
3) They work on multiple builds at the same time, and they don't keep track on what changes and flags are applied on each one seperately (likely)

As for the long downtime for something so "simple", I can only thing that they entirely recompile their code or something. I mean, in other games like WoW, they wouldn't even need an emergency maintenance for something like this; they'd make the change entirely live. At worst they'd require a player to just relog.

Mattykins
Dec 19, 2018, 07:40 AM
You'd think they would've learned after that time they deleted peoples' hard drives :V

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 19, 2018, 07:58 AM
You'd think they would've learned after that time they deleted peoples' hard drives :V

they did when ??

Meteor Weapon
Dec 19, 2018, 08:02 AM
Around EP2 i think, or was it EP3? it even deleted FFXIV from there HDD lol

ZerotakerZX
Dec 19, 2018, 08:12 AM
Wednesday is ruined

XrosBlader821
Dec 19, 2018, 08:13 AM
2) They have spaghetti code, the problems of which arise on their live servers and not their closed beta ones (likely)
3) They work on multiple builds at the same time, and they don't keep track on what changes and flags are applied on each one seperately (likely)

As for the long downtime for something so "simple", I can only thing that they entirely recompile their code or something. I mean, in other games like WoW, they wouldn't even need an emergency maintenance for something like this; they'd make the change entirely live. At worst they'd require a player to just relog.

I think spaghetti code is the most likely answer. It would just be in-character for how Sega deals with issues in this game.

Saffran
Dec 19, 2018, 08:21 AM
Whatever they did, the file ownerships and reading rights are all messed up again and I can't seem to fix them.
Let's just hope it will settle down with the final version of the launcher.

Golgotha
Dec 19, 2018, 09:19 AM
Maybe it actually checked some previous achievement different from a new one.
Looks like it was not handed to absolutely everyone, some people didn't get it.

Asellus
Dec 19, 2018, 10:27 AM
You guys are funny to me, how did ANYONE NOT expect emergency maintenance? THIS is what pso2 is known for after EVERY major update. I thought for sure it would have been because of the new pvp line-up.

TheFanaticViper
Dec 19, 2018, 10:48 AM

Well it's a 2012 game with 6 years of update, i guess it's normal if you don't have the best clean code ever :-D

Anon_Fire
Dec 19, 2018, 10:50 AM
I was just about to login to get my daily reward, but then I come across maintenance.

BloodPuddles
Dec 19, 2018, 10:53 AM
https://66.media.tumblr.com/79dee9548567a387a516fdb2e08b1f29/tumblr_pd8a9mSQfH1xoe44go3_400.gif

Lol I didn't know this was a reference. I got told it when I messed up Trinning for a tridolon, I thought he was just being a huge douche about it, Trin has 3 jobs.

Saffran
Dec 19, 2018, 11:20 AM
I don't know if the maintenance is over but after doing yet again exactly the same things I've been doing all day and failing, this time the outcome was different.

Edit: I spoke too early, now the launcher crashes when it reaches 0/65535 on step 1.

Loveless62
Dec 19, 2018, 11:29 AM
You guys are funny to me, how did ANYONE NOT expect emergency maintenance? THIS is what pso2 is known for after EVERY major update. I thought for sure it would have been because of the new pvp line-up.
There have been many updates that are about the same magnitude as this one or even bigger throughout the past couple episodes that Sega has pulled off without a flaw. Saying "THIS is what pso2 is known for after EVERY major update" is way off base.

2) I don't feel very comfortable commenting on the state of their code, but it is possible that the pace of their development has caused an accumulation of "tech debt" (as they say). This "debt" can cause issues with further development and maintenance, if they never get a chance to address it.

3) It is highly likely that they work on multiple builds at the same time, at the very least a development branch and a release branch. They could have several branching strategies, like a branch for each release on their road map, with story branches under each of those branches. Or maybe they have feature branches with story branches group under those. What is NOT likely is that they don't keep track of what branch they push changes to.

Now it is possible that an individual changeset was accidentally pushed to this week's release branch that didn't belong. I'm not sure how it wouldn't have been caught, but maybe it is possible.

Anyways, if I had to play armchair software developer (which seems popular around here) I would guess that it is a data migration problem, or maybe just a merge error.

Saffran
Dec 19, 2018, 11:38 AM
Due to an unexpected problem the maintenance is extented until it's fixed (no hour given). (1.30 AM japan time)

Dugs
Dec 19, 2018, 11:50 AM

Cool, tell me about the horrible errors that happened during the last time we downloaded a patch.

You can't because nothing happened.

SteveCZ
Dec 19, 2018, 11:50 AM
There have been many updates that are about the same magnitude as this one or even bigger throughout the past couple episodes that Sega has pulled off without a flaw. Saying "THIS is what pso2 is known for after EVERY major update" is way off base.

Back then it was like a routine, but I'm surprised this time it almost felt like it never happened before. They actually did a great job until today.

ZerotakerZX
Dec 19, 2018, 12:01 PM
Maintenance burst, one more!

Zulastar
Dec 19, 2018, 12:12 PM
I run game for 15 mins right before Emergency Maint started... Just managed to watch new stuff and get Atra Ex Sword...
All new menu strings was empry - had completely no letters on them... I wish this thing will become normal after the Maint ends.

Ezodagrom
Dec 19, 2018, 12:30 PM
I run game for 15 mins right before Emergency Maint started... Just managed to watch new stuff and get Atra Ex Sword...
All new menu strings was empry - had completely no letters on them... I wish this thing will become normal after the Maint ends.
That happens when there's new stuff, it's just the result of the english patch not being completely ready for the update.

Terrence
Dec 19, 2018, 01:08 PM
Reading some of you, it's like if SEGA did this on purpose. Yes, this pisses us off. But it's far worse for them with a full day of income lost.

EDIT - ETA Dec 20th 5h30 PM JST (http://pso2.jp/players/news/22936/).

BloodPuddles
Dec 19, 2018, 02:01 PM
HAHAHA!!! That's so funny man. It's obviously not possible, I appreciate your humor though. (I'm too exhausted to accept that time.)

the_importer_
Dec 19, 2018, 02:23 PM

That one might be my fault, I may have jinxed it:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?213385-Quick-Questions-Come-here-for-quick-answers!&p=3457056&viewfull=1#post3457056

Atmius
Dec 19, 2018, 02:24 PM
Thats because they use 24 hour time and its actually roughly an hour from now

Zulastar
Dec 19, 2018, 02:28 PM
Emergency Maintenance Crossburst status on Bumped :-P

Dark Mits
Dec 19, 2018, 03:24 PM
That feeling when I thought I had matured past the stage of refreshing the game launcher every minute to see if I can login...

ArcaneTechs
Dec 19, 2018, 03:25 PM
went to sleep, e maint became 11hrs long ww

it SHOULD be almost done in a few mins

EDIT: SERVERS UP, GET BACK TO LIFE PEOPLE

EDIT2: collect that 100% Tri Boost for the e-maint w

Suirano
Dec 19, 2018, 03:49 PM
That 2x damage against Omega Masquerade with 15*s is still in the game, get your short clear times now. I wonder if this was intentional honestly.

XrosBlader821
Dec 19, 2018, 04:15 PM
That 2x damage against Omega Masquerade with 15*s is still in the game, get your short clear times now. I wonder if this was intentional honestly.

Lmao
Classic Sega

ArcaneTechs
Dec 19, 2018, 04:49 PM
this was our compensation that everyone recieved:

+100% Tribooster (x5)
50 Star Gem Ticket (x1)
King’s Crest (x250)

i would have been happier with 500SG, Kings Crests mean nothing to me still

BloodPuddles
Dec 19, 2018, 05:07 PM
HAHAHA!!! I'm even more exhausted. Alcohol alleviates the symptoms of exhaustion though. Who's hooking m up with that +35 demon talisman, because fuck this game, I love it. I'ma rape some monsters sexually till they give me my weapons, cause I wanna be a god.

Edit: Damnit, I planned on typing in that post they weren't tradeable. Booo me.

Post script: I looked up what P.S. means a couple months ago.

P.S. kings Crests mean something to me, because I'da like them jet boots. (I don't remember what they do, just that I want them.)

Edit: I just learned that they are tradeable, had to come back and acknowledge that. Also to see how dumb I sounded that night. Not too bad I'd say.

XrosBlader821
Dec 19, 2018, 05:26 PM
I read somewhere that the Weapon + Leg set effect for new Austere Units is hot garbage, can anyone confirm?

Saffran
Dec 19, 2018, 05:59 PM
Visual ++ is still crashing updater.exe at 0/65535 though. How did people actually get the update done?

Dark Mits
Dec 19, 2018, 06:02 PM
Visual ++ is still crashing updater.exe at 0/65535 though. How did people actually get the update done?Reinstall Microsoft Visual Studio Redistributable(s) (whichever apply to your system). Link to Microsoft's page (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads)

Saffran
Dec 19, 2018, 06:04 PM
I guess that's two steps ahead of me.
I will look what version windows 10 is calling upon.
Thanks for the tip!

Blitzfeat
Dec 19, 2018, 06:18 PM
Rear + Arm is 50 hp, 20 pp, 80 all attack and 50 dex.
Leg + what i'm guessing is the weapon is 50 dex and 100 all defense.

XrosBlader821
Dec 19, 2018, 06:59 PM
Rear + Arm is 50 hp, 20 pp, 80 all attack and 50 dex.
Leg + what i'm guessing is the weapon is 50 dex and 100 all defense.

I feel so sorry for anyone who thought Austere NT was worth farming for.

BloodPuddles
Dec 20, 2018, 04:55 AM
I'm waking up slightly embarrassed with a massive headache. Whoo to the servers being up though.