PDA

View Full Version : PSA: New affix "Guidance of Training" does not work; Way of Chocolate 2019 suspended

Lyrise
Jan 23, 2019, 03:52 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/i_measures_20190124/

Just as the title says, players have reported that the new Guidance of Training affix does not work as intended, and as a result, Sega has suspended all scheduled and random runs of Way of Chocolate 2019 EM. (All other scheduled EMs will still go on, only Chocolate 2019 is affected).

I have no clue what they're going to fill those now empty timeslots with.

Some players have had the unfortunate experience of watching their 100% affixes go down in flames (Dudu and Monica have unofficially gone passive-aggressive berserk, we'll say.)

http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image.php?id=127106

AlphaBlob
Jan 23, 2019, 04:16 PM
Emergency maintenance, 1 100% tri-boost

silo1991
Jan 23, 2019, 04:16 PM
after seen the second image , like my cousins would say ( in spanish) : no seas mamon D:

ArcaneTechs
Jan 23, 2019, 05:20 PM
Keeping the track record going i see Sega, first mom and dad trigger now this. I bet Phantom will break first day too

Dragwind
Jan 23, 2019, 06:19 PM
Not good. Placebo gambling affix has been exposed. Someone forgot about the whole 95-100% bracket exposing the truth :wacko:

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 23, 2019, 08:09 PM
Someone forgot about the whole 95-100% bracket exposing the truth :wacko:

WE'RE BREAKING THE CONDITIONING!

Masu
Jan 23, 2019, 09:10 PM
My steady parfait CF noooo >:v

Also what is this 'new Guidance of Training affix' actually? 0.o

@Lyrise: Neat. Thank you!

Lyrise
Jan 23, 2019, 09:23 PM
Guidance of Training is a new affix similar to Zeinesis series' Guidance of Life.

If present on a weapon or unit and you affix using it as a base, it'll add a bonus 5% success to your affixes. (It must be on your base. it doesn't work if its on your fodder)

It also transfers at a rate of 50% if you have 2 and 80% if you have 3.

Lyrise
Jan 23, 2019, 09:49 PM
Emergency Maintenance starting in 11 minutes as of this posting.

quickasker
Jan 23, 2019, 10:15 PM
Guidance of Training is a new affix similar to Zeinesis series' Guidance of Life.

If present on a weapon or unit and you affix using it as a base, it'll add a bonus 5% success to your affixes. (It must be on your base. it doesn't work if its on your fodder)

It also transfers at a rate of 50% if you have 2 and 80% if you have 3.

where you could get this affix? is it just as rare like soul catalyst drop in 12* bode units? (i remember those from XH Enchanted Forest)

Chigun
Jan 23, 2019, 10:51 PM
I'll be happy if there's more Persona EQ out of this debacle. Need to hit that 50 mark.
Still, this is the third mess up in recent memory. The title reward mistake when Persona was new, the mess up of the triggers, and now this. Did they lose some quality control guys there at Sega recently?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 23, 2019, 11:46 PM
I'll be happy if there's more Persona EQ out of this debacle. Need to hit that 50 mark.
Still, this is the third mess up in recent memory. The title reward mistake when Persona was new, the mess up of the triggers, and now this. Did they lose some quality control guys there at Sega recently?

Did you just assume their existence to begin with?

Azure Falcon
Jan 24, 2019, 06:34 AM
Fingers crossed, I've got 17 more runs to do but the schedule for this week has put basically all the Persona EQs during work or sleep hours. Tuesday has a 6 hour gap they could fill with something.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 24, 2019, 06:40 AM
Fingers crossed, I've got 17 more runs to do but the schedule for this week has put basically all the Persona EQs during work or sleep hours. Tuesday has a 6 hour gap they could fill with something.

Quite the opposite. Woke up early for canceled persona.
YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaImgoingbacktobed

Chigun
Jan 24, 2019, 07:29 AM
Did you just assume their existence to begin with?

Haha, good one.

Same reaction as the post above mine. The server came back up in time for it, and yet it was arbitrarily cancelled. Not another one for over 13 hours. This sucks.

Dragwind
Jan 24, 2019, 03:57 PM
Did they lose some quality control guys there at Sega recently?

Source of proof that Sega of Japan has a QC department? :wacko:

Dark Mits
Jan 25, 2019, 02:14 AM
It seems that nowadays only Nintendo has a mostly-functioning QC department.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 25, 2019, 04:07 AM
how the hell do these guys go through a what 9hr E-Maint? to fix what they were suppose to have working only to have it screw up again and go under E-Maint ONE MORE time? holy crap man im looking forward to 5x 100% Tri's we're going to get and definitely looking forward to several E-Maints on Ep6/Ph release. I'm not even mad, just confused as hell

Aurorra
Jan 25, 2019, 04:20 AM
So, what was fucked this time around, was it still the Guidance of Training affix that was broken?

Seems like they should be giving out 50% affix boosters as an apology for a problem with ability transfer rates not working correctly,

ArcaneTechs
Jan 25, 2019, 04:26 AM
So, what was fucked this time around, was it still the Guidance of Training affix that was broken?

Seems like they should be giving out 50% affix boosters as an apology for a problem with ability transfer rates not working correctly,
the new affix ability went from not working correctly on the weapon to not working correctly on the unit. whether it worked on units previously i have no idea so cant say fixed one thing, broke another exactly

SteveCZ
Jan 25, 2019, 04:35 AM
three words: luls.

Dark Mits
Jan 25, 2019, 05:15 AM
Non-working stuff is definitely annoying, but what is more annoying that instead of doing what nearly every other game developer does, they bring down the entire servers for a full 8h+ period. It's as if they are literally recompiling the entire game code. In other games the devs would either hotfix live, or they would temporarily disable the affix until next scheduled maintenance.

World of Warcraft had less downtime when upgrading server hardware 10 years ago!

That's what I think is the main issue: Not that problems exist, but that a small problem makes the entire game unavailable for everyone.

PS: I am salty because I can't play PSO2es right now at work.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 25, 2019, 05:27 AM
Non-working stuff is definitely annoying, but what is more annoying that instead of doing what nearly every other game developer does, they bring down the entire servers for a full 8h+ period. It's as if they are literally recompiling the entire game code. In other games the devs would either hotfix live, or they would temporarily disable the affix until next scheduled maintenance.

World of Warcraft had less downtime when upgrading server hardware 10 years ago!

That's what I think is the main issue: Not that problems exist, but that a small problem makes the entire game unavailable for everyone. And that shows that Sega did not create the game.

PS: I am salty because I can't play PSO2es right now at work.
I think WoW is far more rich, since it's like super mainstream.
What do you mean sega didn't create the game?

Dark Mits
Jan 25, 2019, 05:30 AM
What do you mean sega didn't create the game?I wanted to type something that Sega did not create the game to be persistent online, but singleplayer offline with online verification, but I didn't finish my thought and forgot to delete that part before pressing Post. I fixed it now.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 25, 2019, 05:36 AM
They should start compensiting us with drops for all the personas that got axed already this week. I demand celestial arm unit in my campaign rewards for yet another lost persona.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 25, 2019, 05:37 AM
They should start compensiting us with drops for all the personas that got axed already this week. I demand celestial arm unit in my campaign rewards for yet another lost persona.

its only gonna take awhile I believe right ?? I mean how lomg can it take ?? 9 hrs ??

quickasker
Jan 25, 2019, 06:06 AM
its only gonna take awhile I believe right ?? I mean how lomg can it take ?? 9 hrs ??
2019/1/25 20:00更新
現在実施しております緊急メンテナンスにつきまして、続報をお知らせいたします。
緊急メンテナンス終了予定日時2019年1月26日(土)3:00
お待ちいただいている皆様には誠に申し訳ございませんが、メンテナンス終了告知があるまではゲームサーバー への接続を行わずにお待ちくださいますよう、お願いいたします。
また、2019年1月25日(金)5:00~2019年1月26日(土)5:00までの間に、受注可能な方 でアルティメットクエスト「領域調査:異世界の残滓」をクリアできなかった方に対して、クリアできなかった 分の討伐回数を2019年2月中に追加させていただきます。
皆様には大変ご迷惑をおかけいたしますことをお詫び申し上げます。

it's till 3AM JST https://i.ibb.co/CtcGq0N/pika.png

Chigun
Jan 25, 2019, 06:17 AM
Welp, that's another 2 Persona EQs I would have done wiped out. Off to stare at a wall instead.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 25, 2019, 06:32 AM
Welp, that's another 2 Persona EQs I would have done wiped out. Off to stare at a wall instead.

I bet wall starring have better drop rates

SteveCZ
Jan 25, 2019, 06:59 AM
I bet wall starring have better drop rates

Duly noted. I need all the luck I can get.

Loveless62
Jan 25, 2019, 07:01 AM
I have infamously come to Sega's defense several times, but they are really on a roll with these glitches now.

That's what I think is the main issue: Not that problems exist, but that a small problem makes the entire game unavailable for everyone.
Since, the affixing system involves the use of items bought with real money (add ability items like Grace Power, ability 50% boosts, ability protection items, etc.), I would argue that the affixing system not working as intended is not a small problem.

Given WoW's rather spotty history with game glitches, I am surprised that they are compared to PSO2 supposedly favorably. However, it seems true that PSO2 does not support hotfixes like WoW does.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 25, 2019, 07:33 AM
2019/1/25 20:00更新
現在実施しております緊急メンテナンスにつきまして、続報をお知らせいたします。
緊急メンテナンス終了予定日時2019年1月26日(土)3:00
お待ちいただいている皆様には誠に申し訳ございませんが、メンテナンス終了告知があるまではゲームサーバー への接続を行わずにお待ちくださいますよう、お願いいたします。
また、2019年1月25日(金)5:00~2019年1月26日(土)5:00までの間に、受注可能な方 でアルティメットクエスト「領域調査:異世界の残滓」をクリアできなかった方に対して、クリアできなかった 分の討伐回数を2019年2月中に追加させていただきます。
皆様には大変ご迷惑をおかけいたしますことをお詫び申し上げます。

it's till 3AM JST https://i.ibb.co/CtcGq0N/pika.png

lol me and my big mouth lol... I honestly was just kidding but oh well guess we have to wait.... zzzz

Dark Mits
Jan 25, 2019, 07:50 AM
Since, the affixing system involves the use of items bought with real money (add ability items like Grace Power, ability 50% boosts, ability protection items, etc.), I would argue that the affixing system not working as intended is not a small problem.By "small" I didn't mean the impact on real cash, effort by players etc, but in the amount of code that would have to be rewritten, retested and redeployed. While I am not a programming guru, I am near 100% certain that the problem is that there was an incorrect operator sign when calculating affix chance (as in, they incorrectly used - instead of +) without it impacting however the information laid to the user. I have seen it before, I have done it myself before, and I am seeing it right now in the commercial app that we use at the company I work for: It correctly removes quantities written of as defective on each item page, but it incorrectly adds it to the stock on the month review page (so removing stuff as defective are incorrectly added to the total as imports). I have reported it since 3 years ago, but the management doesn't take action because we work around it.

Given WoW's rather spotty history with game glitches, I am surprised that they are compared to PSO2 supposedly favorably. However, it seems true that PSO2 does not support hotfixes like WoW does.Don't get me wrong, I hate WoW for what it has become, but nonetheless I acknowledge the effort of the engineers and the results those have brought. It is a game with code back from the early 2000, yet they have made it so much user-friendly, and they continue to improve on that aspect. However, many features that are considered "baseline" for online games are absent from PSO2. Hotfixing such "small" problems is one. Another is that we miss chat when in a loading screen (Sirius-91 had explained in another thread why). Re-joining a quest after a disconnection is also a baseline feature in nearly every other online game. Data streaming for future updates while playing instead of waiting for login servers to be turned on. etc. I don't want to turn it into a rant, but PSO2's design seems to be much much closer to that of a single player game with online capabilities than a truly online game. And problems like this, where they have to go offline to recompile the entire game code just because 0.0001% of it was changed are definitely not something that serious game company should tolerate.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 25, 2019, 08:16 AM
By "small" I didn't mean the impact on real cash, effort by players etc, but in the amount of code that would have to be rewritten, retested and redeployed. While I am not a programming guru, I am near 100% certain that the problem is that there was an incorrect operator sign when calculating affix chance (as in, they incorrectly used - instead of +) without it impacting however the information laid to the user. I have seen it before, I have done it myself before, and I am seeing it right now in the commercial app that we use at the company I work for: It correctly removes quantities written of as defective on each item page, but it incorrectly adds it to the stock on the month review page (so removing stuff as defective are incorrectly added to the total as imports). I have reported it since 3 years ago, but the management doesn't take action because we work around it..

Doc, speak english.

Dark Mits
Jan 25, 2019, 08:24 AM
Doc, speak english."Woops, I accidentally typed to deduct 5% instead of add 5% when the new affix is on the unit. Let's just take the servers down for 8 hours because we did not create the game to make it easy to change such things while the servers are running"

ZerotakerZX
Jan 25, 2019, 08:33 AM
"Woops, I accidentally typed to deduct 5% instead of add 5% when the new affix is on the unit. Let's just take the servers down for 8 hours because we did not create the game to make it easy to change such things while the servers are running"

For the second time

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 25, 2019, 08:52 AM
Lets hope within these emergency maint hours they are able to fix other bugs as well and not oops .. eh .. we need a third emergency maint

cause that be frustrating

cheapgunner
Jan 25, 2019, 09:28 AM
What's the better run to do if leveling a 69/60 character today with Engulfed by Shadow LQ coming up: Shadow LQ or The chaotic City one?

Atmius
Jan 25, 2019, 09:40 AM
Should've just put a PSA announcement about the affix not working correctly, and also an ingame mail to all players akin to the pso2 station etc. announcement mails they do, essentially washing their hands of any responsibility this week giving them until next actual maintenance to fix it.. Anybody who lost millions of meseta or grace items etc.after an annoucement and notification explicitly mentioning it as bugged and not working would deserve to lose it. Really though they should've just disabled it from being able to be affixed or something like which is probably possible on a backend change akin to the mother/deus triggers being disabled without maint.

Saffran
Jan 25, 2019, 11:23 AM
Cheapgunner > Engulfed by Shadow should be the faster one.

Atmius > I actually don't know what they will give out as compensation. A lot of people have lost valuable items like slot protectors so a simple triboost is not going to cut it.

Ceresa
Jan 25, 2019, 01:09 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/23210/

100% affix booster and a full set of Grace Boosters to anyone who got the new affix as a drop or purchased it and either affixed a weapon before the 1st emerg maint or a unit before the 2nd emerg maint. Also some meseta.

Literally handing out the most valuable item in the game to make a fucking dream unit to a few people with some bad upslots, not like anyone was gambling on returner 5 on a zero boost day just because of some new 5% (especially when we're a week away from a 5% astral/ether/returner 1st of month boost day).

ArcaneTechs
Jan 25, 2019, 01:30 PM
By "small" I didn't mean the impact on real cash, effort by players etc, but in the amount of code that would have to be rewritten, retested and redeployed. While I am not a programming guru, I am near 100% certain that the problem is that there was an incorrect operator sign when calculating affix chance (as in, they incorrectly used - instead of +) without it impacting however the information laid to the user. I have seen it before, I have done it myself before, and I am seeing it right now in the commercial app that we use at the company I work for: It correctly removes quantities written of as defective on each item page, but it incorrectly adds it to the stock on the month review page (so removing stuff as defective are incorrectly added to the total as imports). I have reported it since 3 years ago, but the management doesn't take action because we work around it.

Don't get me wrong, I hate WoW for what it has become, but nonetheless I acknowledge the effort of the engineers and the results those have brought. It is a game with code back from the early 2000, yet they have made it so much user-friendly, and they continue to improve on that aspect. However, many features that are considered "baseline" for online games are absent from PSO2. Hotfixing such "small" problems is one. Another is that we miss chat when in a loading screen (Sirius-91 had explained in another thread why). Re-joining a quest after a disconnection is also a baseline feature in nearly every other online game. Data streaming for future updates while playing instead of waiting for login servers to be turned on. etc. I don't want to turn it into a rant, but PSO2's design seems to be much much closer to that of a single player game with online capabilities than a truly online game. And problems like this, where they have to go offline to recompile the entire game code just because 0.0001% of it was changed are definitely not something that serious game company should tolerate.

I enjoyed reading this and 100% agree with everything you said. We can only hope Sega doesnt use the same current everything for PSO3 and actually upgrade, learn from past mistakes and get what current MMOs are doing as a standard for themselves. This long maintenance didnt need to happen twice because realistically they should have done all options with this ability (aka the unit this time) during the first maintenance to catch it, you know 2 birds one stone, avoid any unwanted down time again

Atmius
Jan 25, 2019, 01:37 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/23210/
100% affix booster
Can't wait for the backlash on this one.

Ceresa
Jan 25, 2019, 03:10 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/23211/

Anyone who logged in since the last non-emergency maint gets

Affix +100% and full set of elegant boosters.

Everyone also gets Affix +40% x2, Erebos 50, SG 50, 2019 Badge 50, Tri 100 x2

Suirano
Jan 25, 2019, 03:16 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/23211/

Anyone who logged in since the last non-emergency maint gets

Affix +100% and full set of elegant boosters.

Everyone also gets Affix +40% x2, Erebos 50, SG 50, 2019 Badge 50, Tri 100 x2

Is it for anyone who logged on or anybody that dealt with that affix cause I came on today and didn't get anything. I've been on pretty often. Or is this gonna be distributed at a later date.

Lyrise
Jan 25, 2019, 03:25 PM
If you were logged in between 1/23 16:45 - 1/25 18:00 JST, you will get it (That would be 1/23 3:15 EST/ 12:45 PST - 1/25 4 AM EST/1AM PST).

After it, you only get the consolation compensation.

Suirano
Jan 25, 2019, 03:31 PM
Guess I missed that too then. Game went down right when I was about to log in.
Yaayyyyyyyy.....

ZerotakerZX
Jan 25, 2019, 03:38 PM
Guess I missed that too then. Game went down right when I was about to log in.
Yaayyyyyyyy.....

I think site says items will be given out later

Suirano
Jan 25, 2019, 03:41 PM
I think site says items will be given out later

Oh? Well that is good. I know I was on for hours during that time frame and was wondering why I didn't see anything.

Lyrise
Jan 25, 2019, 04:48 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/23212/

Update: The PSO2 team received a ton of user feedback regarding the Affix 100% + Grace Set compensation since it will affect the game balance as a whole, so they're re-evaluating the compensation. I think it'll most likely be cancelled and replaced by something else (again, this is user feedback that is driving this).

(Also, the market was pretty much held hostage by the really rich as soon as they made their first announcement).

kurokyosuke
Jan 25, 2019, 05:20 PM

Update: The PSO2 team received a ton of user feedback regarding the Affix 100% + Grace Set compensation since it will affect the game balance as a whole, so they're re-evaluating the compensation.

Just the 100%, actually. Everyone's still getting free Graces.

Loveless62
Jan 25, 2019, 05:24 PM
They will probably change the compensation from ability boost 100% to a pack of ability boost 50%. The existence of ability boost 100% would change a stupidly improbable, crazy affix to 100% on upslot. That would be pretty insane.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 25, 2019, 05:56 PM

Update: The PSO2 team received a ton of user feedback regarding the Affix 100% + Grace Set compensation since it will affect the game balance as a whole, so they're re-evaluating the compensation. I think it'll most likely be cancelled and replaced by something else (again, this is user feedback that is driving this).

(Also, the market was pretty much held hostage by the really rich as soon as they made their first announcement).

AHAHAHA that market crash, all those people who bought mats for their build, taking away that 100% affix boost

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/390394379870666754/538492586239983616/dee6864759f6a676f7d5e1b795ad8060.jpg

This collosal mess man

Lyrise
Jan 25, 2019, 06:16 PM
The only correct answer was to execute a rollback, and the longer they take to do so, the more it's going to hurt them. By now, we're pretty much past the point of no return.

Tymek
Jan 25, 2019, 06:37 PM
"This is completely okay."

EvilMag
Jan 25, 2019, 07:34 PM
https://twitter.com/sein_il_arestia/status/1088935587480973313

hoo fucking boy...

ArcaneTechs
Jan 25, 2019, 07:48 PM

hoo fucking boy...

Are we sure this real? I heard its ez to doctor stuff like this

If real: SEGA NOOOOO!!!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 25, 2019, 08:28 PM
I think I'd be the generous one for settling for a 50% affix booster, and a grace booster of each type for ever account after the royal shitshow that was the past 3 weeks.

cheapgunner
Jan 25, 2019, 08:55 PM

hoo fucking boy...

What's this about? The affix not boosted?

Anduril
Jan 25, 2019, 08:57 PM
What's this about? The affix not boosted?

I think it is showing that the actual success of the affix is determined when you see the percentages rather than when you hit confirm.

cheapgunner
Jan 25, 2019, 09:04 PM
I think it is showing that the actual success of the affix is determined when you see the percentages rather than when you hit confirm.

....Wait, that seems alri-

Oh wait, that's bad. o.0

SteveCZ
Jan 25, 2019, 09:14 PM
Hahah. So based on the picture, if it's true, then what's displayed to us are only the initial percentage to calculate another actual percentage instead of actual possibility of success? That's interesting, but still fair, tbh. It should also give a better picture of how a 4% affix could be successful along with a failed 96% affix.

Reilet
Jan 25, 2019, 09:17 PM
Calling bullshit until video evidence and multiple proofs in a row are shown.

Aurorra
Jan 25, 2019, 11:52 PM
Hahah. So based on the picture, if it's true, then what's displayed to us are only the initial percentage to calculate another actual percentage instead of actual possibility of success? That's interesting, but still fair, tbh. It should also give a better picture of how a 4% affix could be successful along with a failed 96% affix.

No, what it's implying is that the chance is decided before you actually click the accept button, that this information is somehow available to the client and with a third party app you can view it. Column 0 is your random roll, column 1 is the number you need to roll under to succeed. So basically with this program, if it exists, you can perfectly affix anything as long as you're willing to keep resetting until you see that you rolled success on your affixes before accepting.

It has to be bullshit, there is no fucking reason that information should be sent to the client instead of done server side and even less of a reason for the calculation to be done before accepting.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 26, 2019, 12:57 AM
It has to be bullshit, there is no fucking reason that information should be sent to the client instead of done server side and even less of a reason for the calculation to be done before accepting.

sega can be unreasonable tho

Ransu
Jan 26, 2019, 12:58 AM
I wonder how many folks knew about this and just RNG'd affixes in their favor.

Vatallus
Jan 26, 2019, 01:26 AM
Why would someone post evidence of something that Sega would ban them for using?

Sirius-91
Jan 26, 2019, 02:17 AM
No, what it's implying is that the chance is decided before you actually click the accept button, that this information is somehow available to the client and with a third party app you can view it. Column 0 is your random roll, column 1 is the number you need to roll under to succeed. So basically with this program, if it exists, you can perfectly affix anything as long as you're willing to keep resetting until you see that you rolled success on your affixes before accepting.

I'm not verifying that this is true, but you'd be hard pressed to discover what is handled by the client and what isn't handled server side.

Saffran
Jan 26, 2019, 08:55 AM
If the above pictures are not doctored (which they seem to be), it would mean that when you choose (example) Act the Seal at 42%, the game determines on the spot if it works or not, before you even go and say "I'm using a boost".
The tweets indicate that messing around and changing the abilities doesn't modify the actual result (column g in the third party value reader). It will stay with those predetermined results unless you go and "try back from the start", whatever that means.

A really useful picture would have been to use a 40% booster and see the result of column g. I haven't investigated more than that for now.

mother clusterfck
Jan 26, 2019, 12:58 PM
Some stupid jp players told sega to only give the few who got affected by affixing with the broken ability the 100% affix booster?
Was sega really gonna give everyone a 100% affix booster but then the jp players talked them out of it?

Also, if that affix snooping program is real than
A) WANT
B) actually not really cause Sega will inevitably make gameguard detect it and instaban every user.
C) dudu screwed us over so hard over the years and the displayed numbers below 100% have always been bs, statistical analysis shows how "80%" is more like 40% and "95%" is more like 66%.
We deserve to be avenged by I cannot imagine that if this program does work Sega will allow the use.
TBH I want them to let us use it and just double affixing cost or something.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 26, 2019, 01:18 PM
Some stupid jp players told sega to only give the few who got affected by affixing with the broken ability the 100% affix booster?
Was sega really gonna give everyone a 100% affix booster but then the jp players talked them out of it?

A) WANT
B) actually not really cause Sega will inevitably make gameguard detect it and instaban every user.
C) dudu screwed us over so hard over the years and the displayed numbers below 100% have always been bs, statistical analysis shows how "80%" is more like 40% and "95%" is more like 66%.
We deserve to be avenged by I cannot imagine that if this program does work Sega will allow the use.
I think all those numbers are more about our perception and psychology, than anything else. I mean players were mocking XCOM games for constant mishits even with high chances, but in actuality RNG was slightly rigged in player's favor. We just tend to remember our fails far move vivid.

Zulastar
Jan 26, 2019, 01:46 PM
I think all those numbers are more about our perception and psychology, than anything else. I mean players were mocking XCOM games for constant mishits even with high chances, but in actuality RNG was slightly rigged in player's favor. We just tend to remember our fails far move vivid.

Not really. When I grind NT weapons after Apprentice EQ I have 30% of Great success chance and use +20% boost so 50% in the end. 50/50.
And over 10 grindings I have about 3-4 of Great successed. Over 100 grindings - only 28-35.

That's cause I never play virtual gambling games. Only real ones where alignment can be confirmed at any moment of time.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 26, 2019, 04:11 PM

A) WANT
if only your little mind could comprehend what that handout of a free 100% affix caused after announcing it. be happy you even get anything because i can guarantee 98% of you didnt even affix anything let alone aware of the unit issue and just angry that you're not getting free hand outs.

as for the affix program, welp we know just how destructive it can be

Saffran
Jan 26, 2019, 06:39 PM
Especially when you think of the people who spent upwards of 40 protect items to get their "Astral Ether Mana Grace" units just mere weeks ago. The very announcement that affix +100% items exist is enough to be devastating.
I'm just surprised we never heard of them. Maybe they only exist in a debug build?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 27, 2019, 12:29 AM
I'm just surprised we never heard of them. Maybe they only exist in a debug build?

They were event rewards in japan for a TA tournament or something.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 27, 2019, 07:34 AM
They gonna give 50% now? I hope at least two, instead of one. Sounds kinda fair.

Lyrise
Jan 27, 2019, 09:43 AM
They were event rewards in japan for a TA tournament or something.

Those were Grind Booster +100%. Well before NT weapons were a thing. We knew about Affix bonus +100% when they first posted that would be their way to apologize for the mess, so basically, they were prepared to introduce a new item into the ecosystem.

Anyway, they've finally settled on a compensation (which isn't completely fair for those affected, but it's probably the best they can do since they said they would no longer do rollbacks).

All users will get the following:

-1* Affix Success Rate Booster +50%
-1* 6 slot ability protector

Same as before, if you had logged in after the scheduled maintenance and prior to the 2nd emergency maintenance happening, you still get the following:

-2* Affix Success Rate Booster +40%
-50SG
-50* Erebos stones
-50* Weapons Badge 2019
-2* Triboost +100%

If you were affected by the bug, then you get copies of all used up (equipment that was protected obviously doesn't qualify) equipment, materials and boosters, as well as a refund on all meseta used for fees. The only thing that can not be returned to you is a copy of the base item prior to your affix, as that item is now modified and not lost (and they're certainly not going to give you a second copy of that piece of equipment), so for that they're going to look into another compensation at a later date for those affected.

LordKaiser
Jan 27, 2019, 11:11 AM
Well I guess that my dream of affixing a returner to a unit in the future is dead.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 27, 2019, 11:33 AM
I would have taken the 50% booster with S, R, T grace boosters and consider it a big win.

FantasyHeaven
Jan 27, 2019, 01:09 PM
After the first correction the japanese just had to keep on bitching so we only get these crappy boosts now, hooray!
Even the first compensation would've been fine as it only affected a handful of people. Pso2 has a really active base of japanese twitter-heroes who don't actually play the game but jump at the opportunity to make a mountain out of a molehill.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 27, 2019, 02:39 PM
After the first correction the japanese just had to keep on bitching so we only get these crappy boosts now, hooray!
Even the first compensation would've been fine as it only affected a handful of people. Pso2 has a really active base of japanese twitter-heroes who don't actually play the game but jump at the opportunity to make a mountain out of a molehill.
imagine being upset because you didnt meet any of the conditions and just want free handouts but a bunch of people complaining about how a 100% affix could effect the games market severely because just so you can come here and rant about losing out on free stuff that you technically shouldnt be getting since you just logged and played like normal.

really the only good thing that came out of this was that 6x Affix Slot Protector that everyones getting

mother clusterfck
Jan 28, 2019, 12:45 PM
if only your little mind could comprehend what that handout of a free 100% affix caused after announcing it. be happy you even get anything because i can guarantee 98% of you didnt even affix anything let alone aware of the unit issue and just angry that you're not getting free hand outs.

as for the affix program, welp we know just how destructive it can be

Destructive? are you for real? It's Dudu and bs % making you think it suceeds and then it fails anyway. The one and only problem with affixing is the bs rng, beating that would mean it gets improved a thousandfold.

Especially when you think of the people who spent upwards of 40 protect items to get their "Astral Ether Mana Grace" units just mere weeks ago. The very announcement that affix +100% items exist is enough to be devastating.
We will inevitably get gear that makes our current gear useless so there is always a next time when that 100% affix booster would have been amazing for everyone.
You people seem to forget we get ONE 100% affix booster, not a million. It's not even enough to affix a single of the high rng affixes likie astral / ether / mana / returner 5 or even EV atk hp/pp cause all of those need at least 2 if not 5 low base % affixes.
How the hell is this going to negatively affect anything?
ALL this means is that you can do a single high end affix without having to make a huge effort for every fodder and pay huge amounts of money to get 100% or face likely failure at the final affix. Or you can make a single catalyst fodder easily.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 28, 2019, 07:38 PM
Destructive? are you for real? It's Dudu and bs % making you think it suceeds and then it fails anyway. The one and only problem with affixing is the bs rng, beating that would mean it gets improved a thousandfold.

We will inevitably get gear that makes our current gear useless so there is always a next time when that 100% affix booster would have been amazing for everyone.
You people seem to forget we get ONE 100% affix booster, not a million. It's not even enough to affix a single of the high rng affixes likie astral / ether / mana / returner 5 or even EV atk hp/pp cause all of those need at least 2 if not 5 low base % affixes.
How the hell is this going to negatively affect anything?
ALL this means is that you can do a single high end affix without having to make a huge effort for every fodder and pay huge amounts of money to get 100% or face likely failure at the final affix. Or you can make a single catalyst fodder easily.

I get where youre coming from but if you want to risk your account go for it, its also another reason why sega said there were background mechanics we werent suppose to know about years ago and this may well very be one of them