PDA

View Full Version : Famitsu Weekly 2/7/Dengeki PS 672 Scans: Nanoha Detonation collab

Lyrise
Jan 27, 2019, 11:08 AM
Scans from Weekly Famitsu 2/7 as well as Dengeki PS #672.

Short Notes:

-Shows off What we're going to be getting for the Nanoha Detonation collab
-New camos from the Triggered Persona fight (Triggers will drop from the regular Persona EM). Also drops the Amphitrite stone, at a comparable rate to Chronos Stone from Triggered Dragon. (Personal note: so not likely)
-Triggered Persona will behave different, have new actions, and is Lv95.
-UI changes - When selling items via My shop, you can now search/pricecheck the market for affixes, both with the same name as your equip, or affixes only, to a max of 4 affixes. (Right now you can only search for items of the same name and not the affixes)
-You can also search your item pack again (we had this before for a short period of time, but it was disabled due to technical issues)
-If you've completed the Ep5 story, Lisa, Regius, and Maria will all change their appearance to match their EP5 story versions.

Famitsu 2/7

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/hwTURSS.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Dengeki PS 672

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/qDsv6wR.png
[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/DW52Ack.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 27, 2019, 11:31 AM
What's the deal with the omega falz weapons in that last image?

Anduril
Jan 27, 2019, 11:33 AM
What's the deal with the omega falz weapons in that last image?

I think they are the aforementioned camos that the Persona Trigger drops.

Ransu
Jan 27, 2019, 12:08 PM
Triggers over a rematch? Classic Sega decisions this Episode~

Lyrise
Jan 27, 2019, 12:22 PM
Triggers over a rematch? Classic Sega decisions this Episode~

I prefer triggers over a rematch, since it doesn't drag an EM session to require over 40 minutes of time. Run it whenever, and if someone isn't interested in the rematch and gets a trigger, they can sell it.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 27, 2019, 01:01 PM
I prefer the trigger. Though it's a veiled way to get me to pay for premium some more to catch them in the hype blocks, that's far more potential runs.

echofaith
Jan 27, 2019, 01:05 PM
Only thing I like is the purple shoulder wave hair. Hopefully it isnt too expensive :c

Azure Falcon
Jan 27, 2019, 02:08 PM
Hopefully trigger Persona will also have unit drop rates that aren't complete garbage, otherwise I can't see myself grinding the EQ any longer.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 27, 2019, 02:52 PM
-If you've completed the Ep5 story, Lisa, Regius, and Maria will all change their appearance to match their EP5 story versions.
What's up with casts changing their forms?

Hopefully trigger Persona will also have unit drop rates that aren't complete garbage, otherwise I can't see myself grinding the EQ any longer.
Indeed. But aren't you gonna need to farm regular Persona to get the triggers?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 27, 2019, 03:22 PM
When are triggers coming?

Azure Falcon
Jan 27, 2019, 03:30 PM
Indeed. But aren't you gonna need to farm regular Persona to get the triggers?
Yeah, but at least there will be a reason to log on and do the EQ then. Persona is pretty boring (as a result of being far too easy) and you can't currently get more than 1 Lightstream so past 50 runs the minuscule (non-existent) chance of a unit drop is the only draw.

Moffen
Jan 27, 2019, 03:34 PM
This Trigger rematch shit needs to stop.

Lyrise
Jan 27, 2019, 03:35 PM
When are triggers coming?

The next content update, so 2/6.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 27, 2019, 03:41 PM
Yeah, but at least there will be a reason to log on and do the EQ then. Persona is pretty boring (as a result of being far too easy) and you can't currently get more than 1 Lightstream so past 50 runs the minuscule (non-existent) chance of a unit drop is the only draw.

I though I'm having bad luck, but it seems unit drops are just too scarce. I got 3 legs pretty quickly, and then... nada still.

Tymek
Jan 27, 2019, 04:18 PM
What's up with casts changing their forms?
They're all Guardians now.

Reilet
Jan 27, 2019, 04:31 PM
You can also search your item pack again (we had this before for a short period of time, but it was disabled due to technical issues).

Gdi sega. I sure hope it doesn’t ruin menu’ing like last time. wryyyyyy

Azure Falcon
Jan 27, 2019, 04:33 PM
I though I'm having bad luck, but it seems unit drops are just too scarce. I got 3 legs pretty quickly, and then... nada still.
I've seen nothing in 43 runs, and I doubt that'll change before hitting 50.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 27, 2019, 04:57 PM

Im near my 200 run mark, 3 rears, 0 arms, 5 legs, 0 14/15*s. Get on my level bro

This Trigger rematch shit needs to stop.

I agree, better off with a rematch so that 100% RDR gets put to some better use after the LQ is gone, oh triggers sure but im not paying 200+ SG for trigs everytime i want to run it

Zulastar
Jan 27, 2019, 06:55 PM

I got about 90 runs already, 1 leg, 2 redran 14*, ~30 13* profounds... no 14* or 15* weapons.

Meteor Weapon
Jan 27, 2019, 11:34 PM
-UI changes - When selling items via My shop, you can now search/pricecheck the market for affixes, both with the same name as your equip, or affixes only, to a max of 4 affixes. (Right now you can only search for items of the same name and not the affixes)

What took them so long?

SteveCZ
Jan 27, 2019, 11:42 PM
What took them so long?

99% they forgot about it and just remembered after accidentally found it in the archive while looking for something else.

Flaoc
Jan 27, 2019, 11:45 PM
triggers so you have to rely on rng or paying too much for 1 rematch run.. amazing design choices by sega yet again

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 27, 2019, 11:52 PM
Well there's a sound anti-trigger argument. Why not both? :/

Dark Mits
Jan 28, 2019, 01:45 AM
There is no real solution to this:
Rematch: (a) forces you to wait till x:30, (b) requires to have completed the base version first
Trigger: (a) requires to find others who are willing to join at the time you decide to initiate it (which is harder than just finding 11 peeps through automatching for pre-scheduled EQs), (b) cannot be initiated as often as the accompanying EQ, because that would require for the game to drop 1 trigger per 12 people at least.

If you want my elitist suggestion:
- Rematches should be included as a seperate difficulty under XH (and soon after UH) as "Expert Hard". This means that Rematches should count as running the scheduled version, with a twist: EQs that can be run multiple times (for example Yamato) can either be run 1 time on Expert Hard only (and blocking a 2nd run on any difficulty) and conversely running the EQ on N - XH should block a 2nd run on Expert Hard (but would continue to allow a 2nd run on N-XH).
- They should be explicitly password locked. ie, no automatching, no being able to join a Rematch run because someone else opened a room. Everyone who should be able to join a Rematch run should have received the password of the room from the quest opener (or an invitation). This by extension means that everyone in a Rematch run has the explicit approval of the room opener for their presence, therefore absolute 0 validity on "qq randoms are bad".
- (Optional) Players should be eligible to open or join a Rematch run only if they have unlocked Expert requirements and are 90/90.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 28, 2019, 02:40 AM
There is no real solution to this:
Rematch: (a) forces you to wait till x:30, (b) requires to have completed the base version first
Trigger: (a) requires to find others who are willing to join at the time you decide to initiate it (which is harder than just finding 11 peeps through automatching for pre-scheduled EQs), (b) cannot be initiated as often as the accompanying EQ, because that would require for the game to drop 1 trigger per 12 people at least.

If you want my elitist suggestion:
- Rematches should be included as a seperate difficulty under XH (and soon after UH) as "Expert Hard". This means that Rematches should count as running the scheduled version, with a twist: EQs that can be run multiple times (for example Yamato) can either be run 1 time on Expert Hard only (and blocking a 2nd run on any difficulty) and conversely running the EQ on N - XH should block a 2nd run on Expert Hard (but would continue to allow a 2nd run on N-XH).
- They should be explicitly password locked. ie, no automatching, no being able to join a Rematch run because someone else opened a room. Everyone who should be able to join a Rematch run should have received the password of the room from the quest opener (or an invitation). This by extension means that everyone in a Rematch run has the explicit approval of the room opener for their presence, therefore absolute 0 validity on "qq randoms are bad".
- (Optional) Players should be eligible to open or join a Rematch run only if they have unlocked Expert requirements and are 90/90.
honestly introduce another Expert Req Quest to be able to do these quests (what you're suggesting) that actually take skill, something that isnt the bs XQ 4man pass into expert block because people couldnt do the solo version so that it filters out the lazy people who got carried through this

TehCubey
Jan 28, 2019, 04:11 AM
Fuck yeah Nanoha. The real "what took them so long?" collab.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 28, 2019, 04:39 AM
honestly introduce another Expert Req Quest to be able to do these quests (what you're suggesting) that actually take skill, something that isnt the bs XQ 4man pass into expert block because people couldnt do the solo version so that it filters out the lazy people who got carried through this

if by lazy you mean the filthy casuals then yeah.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 28, 2019, 05:06 AM
if by lazy you mean the filthy casuals then yeah.

Its exactly what i mean but then you have the casuals coming out the wood works complaining about Elitists as usual because of a skill gap they refuse to close by you know, getting good

Dark Mits
Jan 28, 2019, 05:15 AM
honestly introduce another Expert Req Quest to be able to do these quests (what you're suggesting) that actually take skill, something that isnt the bs XQ 4man pass into expert block because people couldnt do the solo version so that it filters out the lazy people who got carried through thisThere is a sort of "hypocrisy" in the Expert requirements and the general design of the game's hard content: Is it supposed to be a solo game where others are simply online, or is it supposed to be a multiplayer experience where you need to coordinate with others?

If it's a solo game with others online, then why create any non solo content? And for hard solo content (like the new UQ), why would Expert requirements exist?

If it's a multiplayer experience, then why is there nearly 0 inter-player interaction in 12/12 mpas? Seriously, the only time someone may perform something out of their action list is to use a Moon on someone else. Even TE's will rarely cast a buff unless it is about to expire on themselves. And in this case, shouldn't the requirements for hard multiplayer content be something that proves a player can work well in a group and not solo? Shouldn't the reason of grouping be that 12 players combined have significant more power / higher performance output than 12 players individually?

I think I've veered way off-topic and into a rant, though I do believe it's an interesting discussion on player philosophy and interaction.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 28, 2019, 07:15 AM
Its exactly what i mean but then you have the casuals coming out the wood works complaining about Elitists as usual because of a skill gap they refuse to close by you know, getting good

well thats the planet earth we live in right .. everyone complains lol..

btw reading the posts , I can only say this.. there is content for everyone in this game.. some hardcore content and some not .
That said we do what we like cause its just a game not work where you have to follow the boss lol

ZerotakerZX
Jan 28, 2019, 07:39 AM
There is a sort of "hypocrisy" in the Expert requirements and the general design of the game's hard content: Is it supposed to be a solo game where others are simply online, or is it supposed to be a multiplayer experience where you need to coordinate with others?

If it's a solo game with others online, then why create any non solo content? And for hard solo content (like the new UQ), why would Expert requirements exist?

If it's a multiplayer experience, then why is there nearly 0 inter-player interaction in 12/12 mpas? Seriously, the only time someone may perform something out of their action list is to use a Moon on someone else. Even TE's will rarely cast a buff unless it is about to expire on themselves. And in this case, shouldn't the requirements for hard multiplayer content be something that proves a player can work well in a group and not solo? Shouldn't the reason of grouping be that 12 players combined have significant more power / higher performance output than 12 players individually?

I think I've veered way off-topic and into a rant, though I do believe it's an interesting discussion on player philosophy and interaction.

YOu know what? This game sucks.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 28, 2019, 07:45 AM
YOu know what? This game sucks.

yeah , now which other game do you reccommend ( figured this was coming ) Mr/Mrs other game promoter ??

Zephyrion
Jan 28, 2019, 08:32 AM
There is a sort of "hypocrisy" in the Expert requirements and the general design of the game's hard content: Is it supposed to be a solo game where others are simply online, or is it supposed to be a multiplayer experience where you need to coordinate with others?

It's just a format problem coupled with a language barrier and old habits. coordinating in a 12/12, even full organized mpa is hard, simply because too many people and you need to fill all the slots. Conversely, doing simple strats is pretty simple in most of the "hard" content because it's 4/4.
PSO2 is very ill-suited for massive raids or even 12/12 for that matter. I think 8/8 should be the upper limit.

Power levels vary too wildly between weapons, skill, skill trees and so on, so the more players you add, the wider the spectrum goes. Which is exactly why 4 man XQ fails at gating anything. For a relatively average player, it takes at least a party of 2/3 to clear, but upper limit can solo it without any issue. You could make the quest much harder basing yourself on upper limit and needing 4 fully experienced players, but you'd make Expert a very exclusive circle, which would be an issue because 12/12 quests are here and need a relatively big pool, and said quest makes the aforementioned power spectrum wildly swing.

And yeah PSO2 just never has really been a pinnacle of strategy or coordination. the most we ever had was like, freezing Vol's legs to kill his tail before he starts to go ham soooo. You can't promote interaction if interaction isn't needed in the first place. There aren't really ways to change that except make the upper dfficulties so hard coordination and planning becomes required (judging how Deus DPS check got nerfed to oblivion, it isn't likely) or give special mechanics that force some sort of coordination ( Dragon rematch and Loser got bashed several times because of Laconium and part puzzle into clock opening several times, so enforcing some form of coordination doesn't work either)

tl;dr PSO2 is pretty much mostly a solo game with multiplayer quests, and most coordinated quests are 4/4. It's just a game where you bonk things first and think after, which I think is fine. Not like anything will change because it's just far too late in the game's lifespan and implementing scooperation would warrant massive overhauls to pretty much everything (class and skill balance, overhaul nerfs, systemic changes, and so on)

ZerotakerZX
Jan 28, 2019, 08:47 AM
yeah , now which other game do you reccommend ( figured this was coming ) Mr/Mrs other game promoter ??

Battletoads, duh.

Dark Mits
Jan 28, 2019, 08:56 AM
snipped to save spaceAgreed on everything 99%... except the part where we cannot have overhauls to the game. As Hero showed with EP5, we had a significant game changer: Mobility suddenly became of utmost importance for a while, then Sega tried to tone it down but it is still extremely important. EP6 may bring another game-changing mechanic, possibly those who played the class can shed some light on this.

It is entirely possible to make cooperation "meta" without making it mandatory and without changing game mechanics. Consider the following ways of improving player interaction:

-> Add additional PAs/Techs (or change the behavior of existing ones) to act like Ilbarta: uses from different players stack. The trick here would be to mathematically make it so that being solo and spamming it is not optimal, but being multiple players spamming it is optimal.

-> Add PAs/Techs that have 2-player component, for example: Zafoie: Implant a fire bomb on enemies. If enemies are hit by a Fire tech or PA with a fire-element weapon from another player, the bomb explodes for major damage. After 10 seconds the bomb explodes anyway at 50% power. Only one such bomb can be active per enemy (using it again just refreshes the countdown without causing an explosion)

-> Skill: Run with me - Target another friendly player. If the other player accepts the targetting (which will show like the "Press [E] to view event"), then both players start zooming around without PP cost at speed higher than zooming through Tokyo and deal immense damage to first enemies tackled. Player 2 can stop following Player 1 at any point, but then both players return to normal speed after 3 seconds.

Basically stuff that are not passive and just require proximity to others like Bouncer fields, but require the players to act differently depending on if there are others nearby or not.

Lyrise
Jan 28, 2019, 09:07 AM
-> Skill: Run with me - Target another friendly player. If the other player accepts the targetting (which will show like the "Press [E] to view event"), then both players start zooming around without PP cost at speed higher than zooming through Tokyo and deal immense damage to first enemies tackled. Player 2 can stop following Player 1 at any point, but then both players return to normal speed after 3 seconds.

I see you were inspired by The Simpsons Arcade game?

Dark Mits
Jan 28, 2019, 09:50 AM
I see you were inspired by The Simpsons Arcade game?No, since I was not aware of the game in the first place. But I am not surprised, my ideas are definitely not original.

Zulastar
Jan 28, 2019, 10:16 AM
Here we go again: Expert problems.

I have an example for this: Past Mondey I decide to run Persona EQ right before leaving to the work in the morning (13.00 JST) and run in a bunch of Expert flagged fucktards. I had left 13 minutes boosts on so didn't had any spare during the fight.
But these assholes keep killing it whole 15! 15 minutes, Karl! While it can be killed by 6!!!

ZerotakerZX
Jan 28, 2019, 12:03 PM
Here we go again: Expert problems.

I have an example for this: Past Mondey I decide to run Persona EQ right before leaving to the work in the morning (13.00 JST) and run in a bunch of Expert flagged fucktards. I had left 13 minutes boosts on so didn't had any spare during the fight.
But these assholes keep killing it whole 15! 15 minutes, Karl! While it can be killed by 6!!!

Obviously you should stop working (and start carrying harder).

Zulastar
Jan 28, 2019, 01:29 PM
Obviously you should stop working (and start carrying harder).

I really miss a parcer sometimes 'cause I can't really tell how's good my dps is, but I swear myself to not use it any more.
So I dunno how to sqeese more from continiuous Second Edge spam with infinitie PP without stopping for WA.

But if you can't read I said already: normal groups kill it in 7-10 minutes, so your sarcasm didn't work.
Moreover you should go and train it somwere else far away from here.

When I see in group: 80+ lvl hunter, techer, bouncer or so, few summonners and Rising slash assholes, gunners without CT and rangers without WB e.t.c with shitty random weapons and units without affixes... ALL FUCKING FLAGGED EXPERT ON TOP SHIP CHANNEL I have my butt burning really hot.

Sega need to add Omega Mascuerade lvl 100 and 50 kills of Persone EQ as an Expert requirements already!

Ahri
Jan 28, 2019, 01:41 PM
I really miss a parcer sometimes 'cause I can't really tell how's good my dps is, but I swear myself to not use it any more.
So I dunno how to sqeese more from continiuous Second Edge spam with infinitie PP without stopping for WA.

But if you can't read I said already: normal groups kill it in 7-10 minutes, so your sarcasm didn't work.

When I see in group: 80+ lvl hunter, techer, bouncer or so, few summonners and Rising slash assholes, gunners without CT and rangers without WB e.t.c with shitty random weapons and units without affixes... ALL FUCKING FLAGGED EXPERT ON TOP SHIP CHANNEL I have my butt burning really hot.

Sega need to add Omega Mascuerade lvl 100 and 50 kills of Persone EQ as an Expert requirements already!

A tip, the best MPA's are not in block 10, there are most leechers.

Zulastar
Jan 28, 2019, 02:26 PM
A tip, the best MPA's are not in block 10, there are most leechers.

Well I didn't saw any difference, but Multiblock matching is a real disaster even with Expert.

So the problem isn't in blocks but is in these leechers getting Exrpert status. And SEGA do nothing to stop it.

Karen Erra
Jan 28, 2019, 02:28 PM

While I wholeheartedly agree with you, that it can be annoying if a run takes longer than usually because there is people in it, who are not top-tier elitist expert players,
this also reminds me why I rarely ever visit this forum anymore. People do nothing else but complain about other people being crappy players, when it's really not necessary to complain.
Jesus, if a run doesn't take 10 but 15 minutes, I'm sure the worlds ends right there. God forbid people play this game for fun and not just for grinding their butts off to grab equipment that is locked behind the crappiest drop rate there ever was.

I've been expert player ever since SEGA had the awesome idea to even implement this crappy system, that splits up the playerbase (which was totally necessary, because all the runs before
Expert, went 100% terrible), but I haven't been able to do that Solo XQ that is one way to get into Expert and I also didn't reach stage 100 in the Omega Masquerade run (stopped running it
at Stage 33 because it doesn't give anything good to me...). And before I forget, I also haven't made a lightstream weapon yet, because I couldn't kill whatshisface persona often enough for
the stone, as I got other stuff to do, than to sit in PSO2 all day. If that makes me a bad player, then sure. I would disagree though. It clearly got out of hand how everyone is up in arms, if
people dare to have the expert right and not having the bestest equipment in the game (and maybe also not the best playstyle, in some people's opinion at least).

With the MPA system that basically usually puts 12 random people in one run, it's stupid anyway to have a high amount of solo content on the other side.
Makes me miss PSU, where you had your usual 6 people party (or 4 on some occasions) instead of a random party of 12 people put together of a pool of players that started their run
at the same moment. I really hope that the next game Sega brings up after PSO2 will go more towards the PSU system.

Zulastar
Jan 28, 2019, 02:52 PM
~snip

Frankly speaking: I didn't clear Omega Masquerade myself too, just got accessory and forgot about it.\

I played several MMOs before PSO2 and there were such a system while you get 10-30 runs in Normal level of a dungeon you couldn't get in XH mode of it (I really don't rememrer in what MMO it was: WoW or TERA), moreover there were equipment ilvl and you could be chechked and kicked by voting at any moment (except boss fighting).
So leechers had a hard time to get in a top dungeon. It was just an example.

I believe SEGA can bring up with some method to pervent this situaton which can be affordable. BUT THEY DO NOTHING!

echofaith
Jan 28, 2019, 04:04 PM
I consider my gear good and my player skills above average, and I rarely see people with bad gear even during my bad runs. That being said, I am probably the kind of player guilty of bad MPAs. After running the same EQ so many times as tryhard as possible, I realize loot wont get better regardless of effort(unless is a multi run EQ like seasonal), so sometimes I just play in autopilot which mean sub-optimal DPS. Heck, when I see my MPA is taking too long during the early phases, I stop caring and just facetank attack hits...as hero :/
In the end, the best solution against bad MPAs is to get into premade groups, but I am too lazy to organize that, so I settle with randoms :p

silo1991
Jan 28, 2019, 04:27 PM
my gear and skills are above average too , but i find sometimes people who get 1 shot many times along the quest and even if they survive the hit they dont heal themselves WTH ?

i dont critic the equipment of others , i only ask to worry for yourselves thas all , the most sinical case i saw was against DF persona , i had a summoner as partner and he never heal himself once , hell i was BR/SU and i was doing better job than him as a support .

Karen Erra
Jan 28, 2019, 05:25 PM
Frankly speaking: I didn't clear Omega Masquerade myself too, just got accessory and forgot about it.\

I played several MMOs before PSO2 and there were such a system while you get 10-30 runs in Normal level of a dungeon you couldn't get in XH mode of it (I really don't rememrer in what MMO it was: WoW or TERA), moreover there were equipment ilvl and you could be chechked and kicked by voting at any moment (except boss fighting).
So leechers had a hard time to get in a top dungeon. It was just an example.

I believe SEGA can bring up with some method to pervent this situaton which can be affordable. BUT THEY DO NOTHING!

Well as I said, I can see your point, and my critics is not really pointed in your direction, your post just happened to be there.
I'm agreeing with you on the fact that a 20 minutes Persona EQ (happened to me a few days ago) isn't fun, pretty much as it isn't fun to play the LQ if you have a bad group that
can't kill enemies for shit.

But as much this is probably annoying I also see a different side, because I, myself feel that it's hard to keep up with everything
that comes up. 'Specially with stuff that is locked behind hilarious drop rates or a title that is like "Do this quest X amount of time" like the Persona Stone. If you don't
have the amount of time to get all the runs done or the will to constantly be up-to-date with equipment, it can happen that you get outdated and stuck with mediocre items.
As I said before, I feel this trouble too because I really don't feel like doing nothing else but playing PSO2 all day. And with the trouble that I usually don't get
what I need (like getting 1 Jutus weapon of every type but no 2nd, 3rd, whatever weapon of it to +35 it and upgrade it) I sometimes don't know how to keep up.

The community of PSO2, at least the english speaking, feels very... i don't know... over the top, in a sense.. So much that it makes you feel like there is nothing
else in this game then aiming for top gear and mastering all the awesome extra super special hard quest SEGA throws out there. That's not what I had in mind when I started
playing this game like 6-something years ago. I started playing this for fun and I still do, but it tends to feel like some kind of part time job if you want to keep up somehow.

In any case, out of curiosity, what would you suggest Sega should do aside of putting another barrier up on like stage 100 of Omega Masquerade or something like that?

milranduil
Jan 28, 2019, 05:51 PM
i dont critic the equipment of others , i only ask to worry for yourselves thas all , the most sinical case i saw was against DF persona , i had a summoner as partner and he never heal himself once , hell i was BR/SU and i was doing better job than him as a support .

su/fi combines deadline/halfline slayer bonuses with dear master (100% iron will if a pet is alive), so the optimal playstyle is to play at low HP. just because it can cast techs doesn't make it a support class, as none of its skills boost range or effectiveness of support techs at all (besides for their own pets). te is still main support class with fo/te being low second, though by no means dedicated.

silo1991
Jan 28, 2019, 06:38 PM
su/fi combines deadline/halfline slayer bonuses with dear master (100% iron will if a pet is alive), so the optimal playstyle is to play at low HP. just because it can cast techs doesn't make it a support class, as none of its skills boost range or effectiveness of support techs at all (besides for their own pets). te is still main support class with fo/te being low second, though by no means dedicated.

i didnt think about SU/FI combination , i normally meet magical summoners thats why i was freak out .

my point is even with unlimited healing source some people still dont worry for themselves

ArcaneTechs
Jan 28, 2019, 07:25 PM
Well I didn't saw any difference, but Multiblock matching is a real disaster even with Expert.

So the problem isn't in blocks but is in these leechers getting Exrpert status. And SEGA do nothing to stop it.
Some of us complained about this a long time ago and the casuals made such a dam uproar about expert reqs that sega caved in and made it too easy to relax them.

LONG POST

When end game gear is tied to TIME GATED content and runs that normally average times on lets say Persona (7-12mins) (org runs are under 5mins) and an mpa is taking 15mins+, some of get kinda irritated because we multi ship to get more chances at said drops. You dont even need to be a hardcore player to be multi shipping because the end goal is to get the gear we need asap because we got other things to play/do and would rather have more chances at something than one measly run then complain about no drops. So ya i would take 3-4 Persona runs over a 15-20min run because i wanna have "fun" which if i wasnt having with this game i wouldnt be playing it still.

You dont need to have no life either to make the scheduled EQs, i know plenty of people that make scheduled times with 40hr+ work weeks and your usual College lifestyles, its all excuses in the end and if you just feel so frustrated by it then may consider playing something else.

SteveCZ
Jan 28, 2019, 09:38 PM
The problem with expert requirement is it's a permanent, static requirement towards this progressive game. You get better gears time to time, and the requirements feel easier as time to goes by. This is good for literally new players who just got in, but makes it easier and easier for the leechers or simply undergeared players of that time. Making the requirement progressive might make it harder to the new players, though it's still make it easier to the end-game leechers. It's a tough situation for sega themselves. They really have to make it in the middle and it's not an easy job to do when it comes to balancing random public players towards a single goal.

To be honest the expert pug is still way better than normal pug, though it's not that much to hope for. At least I'm pretty sure any of you would notice that if you tick the expert off, it's almost a nightmare compare to when you don't turn it on. Yeah you can get bad luck to one or two pug mpas, but that's the best you can get for a pug. From what I see, sega has paid enough attention about this.

Okay, so you're expecting sega to come up with a better solution.., but the solution has been always there in the very beginning of the game; make an organized run. It's pretty much what echofaith said, there is nothing more optimized, than the one that you or someone else tightly control towards the same goal, say fast run. It's the only solution. it's only logical to say that real "expert" mpa is the one that you can manually build to what you wish for.

There is no silver bullet for a public game if you want a good run. It's public and you'll always meet any kind of player. If you're lazy to organize, then this is the cost that you always have to pay. In fact, in any game.

Edit: Just realized, how the hell can the trigger issue becomes expert issue. I didn't read. :lol:

Ceresa
Jan 28, 2019, 09:55 PM
The problem with expert requirement is it's a permanent, static requirement towards this progressive game. You get better gears time to time, and the requirements feel easier as time to goes by. This is good for literally new players who just got in, but makes it easier and easier for the leechers or simply undergeared players of that time. Making the requirement progressive might make it harder to the new players, though it's still make it easier to the end-game leechers. It's a tough situation for sega themselves. They really have to make it in the middle and it's not an easy job to do when it comes to balancing random public players towards a single goal.

To be honest the expert pug is still way better than normal pug, though it's not that much to hope for. At least I'm pretty sure any of you would notice that if you tick the expert off, it's almost a nightmare compare to when you don't turn it on. Yeah you can get bad luck to one or two pug mpas, but that's the best you can get for a pug. From what I see, sega has paid enough attention about this.

Okay, so you're expecting sega to come up with a better solution.., but the solution has been always there in the very beginning of the game; make an organized run. It's pretty much what echofaith said, there is nothing more optimized, than the one that you or someone else tightly control towards the same goal, say fast run. It's the only solution. it's only logical to say that real "expert" mpa is the one that you can manually build to what you wish for.

There is no silver bullet for a public game if you want a good run. It's public and you'll always meet any kind of player. If you're lazy to organize, then this is the cost that you always have to pay. In fact, in any game.

Edit: Just realized, how the hell can the trigger issue becomes expert issue. I didn't read. :lol:

It shouldn't be some huge chore to update the expert requirements throughout the year, especially when they release plenty of content that facilitates it.

Since solo extreme came out in March(which honestly is still a perfectly fine wall for expert, it's the group one that fucks it up) they've had solo endless titles, masquerade, and now mother/deus triggers to pull from for reqs.

The only things that need to be tested are, can you dps, and can you not die, clearing any of those with S Rank is a pretty good indicator for both, and it shows that you can adapt to a variety of content and have the necessary gear.

On-topic they should probably just have triggers and rematch. It also irritates me that they're basically dripfeeding the same fucking mission and the 100+ kills or so prior to the trigger existing are all wasted kills for trigger/rematch chances. Just fucking release them both on day 1.

Mattykins
Jan 28, 2019, 09:57 PM
Honestly, you don't even need 200 atk on each unit and an 8s 15* to pull your weight in an mpa. Just put in a minimum effort on affixes and be more active in raids and one can do decent enough damage. My units only have a little over 100 apiece on them and my atra rifle's build is a little memey, but I consistently manage 25m-30m damage in a persona mpa, which isn't exactly winning me any awards, but pretty good considering how many I see doing sub-10m against him. :T

I've come to accept pso2 for the kinda game it is, so I don't really log on to challenge myself or anything. Just a casual time-waster to distract me from life for a bit. I get the occasional shitty mpa, but eh, not the worst thing.

Dark Mits
Jan 29, 2019, 02:35 AM
Maybe Sega should experiment with a solo-EQ mode instead of rematches and triggers: Enter the EQ entirely solo, with adjusted enemy stats of course, so that you can no longer complain about non-performing party members.

Zorak000
Jan 29, 2019, 02:36 PM
deus and atrum rematches stunk because of the combination of the failure condition coupled with the limited time aspect of EQs.
yamato rematch not having a failure condition beyond "ur 2 slo" was ok by my book, but they could only guarantee that there since reBoat is explicitly just the AIS segment.

rematch triggers stink because their drop rates are simply way too low for what they are; if anything they should practically be quest clear rewards for the main eq.

being able to play the game on your own time, or in the timeframe your static's schedules line up, is a good thing imo; so im pro quest trigger myself. it's the acquisition methods for them that still leave more to be desired, and that's about all of the anti quest trigger arguments im seeing here.
Honestly the only true fix for any of this would be a complete re-evaluation of every quest in the game I'd say, to more firmly establish what each type of quest is supposed to be about in terms of progression and/or playstyle. but something like that is never going to happen hahaha

EDIT: Expert is only really called that to make people who don't have it unlocked feel better about themselves; in reality it feels more like a PSO2 Literacy Test, to see if you know enough of the basics like "13* or higher weapons are good" and "at least equip these sub/stellar wall+10s so you dont die as easily" and "if you're having trouble with phanatical/terran phantoms, ask other players for help, you might learn something from them? I guess?"

all expert is really doing is separating out the people who are extremely not paying attention to anything in this game, which makes a fairly big difference considering the horrors I've seen doing what I call "community service" (playing with expert off)
most of ya'lls complaints are stuff I still hear in other games that actually do have stricter matching systems. no matter what you do, randos will find a way to get through it and be bad at the game.
and I doubt they can really do anything more strict than this due to how much the block system is holding them back at this point. multi-block matching wasn't a good solution because even that cannot match you up with a not-full MPA that is in a full block. Premium space mucks that up even harder, say if you start your own MPA of something in a populated block, and the block enters premium space before you fill up, well now nobody without premium can multi-block into your instance.

tldr: Coupling the player availability limitations of the lobby/block system and the limited time restrictions of emergency quests really make up for a whole lot of the issues being discussed in here

Karen Erra
Jan 29, 2019, 04:41 PM
Some of us complained about this a long time ago and the casuals made such a dam uproar about expert reqs that sega caved in and made it too easy to relax them.

When end game gear is tied to TIME GATED content and runs that normally average times on lets say Persona (7-12mins) (org runs are under 5mins) and an mpa is taking 15mins+, some of get kinda irritated because we multi ship to get more chances at said drops. You dont even need to be a hardcore player to be multi shipping because the end goal is to get the gear we need asap because we got other things to play/do and would rather have more chances at something than one measly run then complain about no drops. So ya i would take 3-4 Persona runs over a 15-20min run because i wanna have "fun" which if i wasnt having with this game i wouldnt be playing it still.

You dont need to have no life either to make the scheduled EQs, i know plenty of people that make scheduled times with 40hr+ work weeks and your usual College lifestyles, its all excuses in the end and if you just feel so frustrated by it then may consider playing something else.

Good for you if it works out for you and for people you know. Doesn't for me because the EQs are usually scheduled when I am at work, at least during the week. Tell me then how this should work out when
EQs are scheduled at like 1 pm, 3pm, 5pm, 7pm my time while I work from 9am to 7pm. And when I'm home there is only one more scheduled EQ at like 11pm which is then not always the EQ that I need.
So I don't really make any excuses, I just CAN'T do it. Why would I even bother, this is just a game (at least to me) and I don't need to excuse to anybody because I can't spend as much time in a game, as I "should", just to keep up.

I am also not frustrated with the game, I wonder where you got that from. The fact that I sometimes find it hard to keep up with this does not equal frustration.
I probably just need a little more time and everything is fine. No frustration involved here.
I'm mostly tired of the fact that the community here is so full of people who constantly shit on other people that are not as awesome as they are themselves. All I hear is DPS here, DPS there. And then people, including you too, are throwing comments out like "Oh, if you don't use Chain Trigger on Gunner, you should just quit with that class", because god forbid someone plays differently than you.

For myself, while I still try to keep up with everything I can, even with limited time (even if you don't believe me, I don't care), I'm seeing myself as an casual player and feel like one too, so we will probably never be on the same opinion on any of these things.

Dark Mits
Jan 29, 2019, 05:03 PM
being able to play the game on your own time, or in the timeframe your static's schedules line up, is a good thing imo; so im pro quest trigger myself. it's the acquisition methods for them that still leave more to be desired, and that's about all of the anti quest trigger arguments im seeing here.
Honestly the only true fix for any of this would be a complete re-evaluation of every quest in the game I'd say, to more firmly establish what each type of quest is supposed to be about in terms of progression and/or playstyle. but something like that is never going to happen hahahaI really like this part and wanted to expand on it. Allowing players to play at their leisure without having to set up their alarm clock would be a step forward in the sense that the case of "gathering enough people" for an mpa would fall on the players themselves, and not on Sega's time schedule. It would enhance cooperation and improve the community. The only players that object to this, as almost every other game forum has shown, are those who do not like to communicate and who do not like to have to cooperate.

I also support the idea of redesigning the reward system, so that not everything you need drops in 1-2 parts of the game out of all 30ish that can exist. No matter how "rare" an event can be, it should not be the best place to earn rare equipment, the best exp/min content, the best excube dropper, the best place to gather fodder, and the best place to gather meseta, all at the same time. It simply devalues and makes obsolete the rest of the content. How many people run Advance quests? Challenge mode? Buster Quest? Riding Quest? I am not saying to go the opposite situation and require full clears of all content types to be able to progress. But it would be nice if we had more variety in featured quests and Faina's orders. Rebalancing quest rewards could help here as well (Lottie, Lubert, Io, the weather guy, Girard, and Alis COs have so low rewards that it's pretty much worthless to go and pick those when they do not even have a 100% chance of completing).

tldr: Coupling the player availability limitations of the lobby/block system and the limited time restrictions of emergency quests really make up for a whole lot of the issues being discussed in hereThe block system is again one of the major flaws of the game which enhance my point that they did not really design the game as a multiplayer activity at heart. The fact that games released 10 years before PSO2 have included dynamic sharding in quest areas is proof that Sega either intentionally did not design the game to support it, or they keep it that way because it's a source of Premium accounts.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 29, 2019, 06:23 PM
Good for you if it works out for you and for people you know. Doesn't for me because the EQs are usually scheduled when I am at work, at least during the week. Tell me then how this should work out when
EQs are scheduled at like 1 pm, 3pm, 5pm, 7pm my time while I work from 9am to 7pm. And when I'm home there is only one more scheduled EQ at like 11pm which is then not always the EQ that I need.
So I don't really make any excuses, I just CAN'T do it. Why would I even bother, this is just a game (at least to me) and I don't need to excuse to anybody because I can't spend as much time in a game, as I "should", just to keep up.

I am also not frustrated with the game, I wonder where you got that from. The fact that I sometimes find it hard to keep up with this does not equal frustration.
I probably just need a little more time and everything is fine. No frustration involved here.
I'm mostly tired of the fact that the community here is so full of people who constantly shit on other people that are not as awesome as they are themselves. All I hear is DPS here, DPS there. And then people, including you too, are throwing comments out like "Oh, if you don't use Chain Trigger on Gunner, you should just quit with that class", because god forbid someone plays differently than you.

For myself, while I still try to keep up with everything I can, even with limited time (even if you don't believe me, I don't care), I'm seeing myself as an casual player and feel like one too, so we will probably never be on the same opinion on any of these things.

I mean if you want to gimp yourself by playing GU that way because muh playstyle instead of playing it how it was intended then by all means, be that special snowflake and max out R atk skills and do nothing but SRoll Arts on everything, wonder why you cant complete content or do it in a timely manner because you decided to do this. As for the eq scheds, dont know what to say besides go and play something else youll enjoy because you seem to be not happy on how sega sets times to run content

Maybe Sega should experiment with a solo-EQ mode instead of rematches and triggers: Enter the EQ entirely solo, with adjusted enemy stats of course, so that you can no longer complain about non-performing party members.
I wouldnt mind this

otakun
Jan 29, 2019, 09:05 PM
Another thread of blame everyone else cause too lazy to form a team for TMPAs instead of just using it for its tree.

Zulastar
Jan 29, 2019, 09:26 PM
~snip

Here's my common schedule in yesterday's example:

https://i.imgur.com/wUvsyhl.jpg (https://i.imgur.com/wUvsyhl.jpg)

And it doesn't stop me to have my Lightstream and stuff, spending no real money besides premium but 100-200 mil meseta for scratch goods in players shop.

And about gunner: I leveled it on the Christmas EQ and learn one thing NO CT - NO DPS

ArcaneTechs
Jan 29, 2019, 09:55 PM
Another thread of blame everyone else cause too lazy to form a team for TMPAs instead of just using it for its tree.
imagine joining a team of 100 people and 20-40 people are online and no ones putting the initiative to start a TMPA so you're forced to run pugs OR you start up a TMPA but it fills only up to 8/12 or less OR no ones actually wanting to join up for this and despite asking repeatedly to have everyone run a TMPA they just ignore them and stay in their blocks and run it with randoms. Not every team is perfect and TMPA's arent always a guaranteed thing either

snip
kinda how i base my runs for the week, i look at the schedule, decide "hey do i want to wake up for these?" or just say sleep is more important so forget waking up for EQs (with Persona's RNG i've sorta stopped getting up for them, 200 runs and no arm unit is a dam let down and shame that i'll be forced to run trigs for it)

Suirano
Jan 29, 2019, 11:35 PM
I can only hope the unit rates are better in trigger. I don't even know how many runs I have done after acquiring Lightstream but I have yet to see a single Celestial unit. But I cannot say I have high hopes for any difference.

SteveCZ
Jan 29, 2019, 11:48 PM
I can only hope the unit rates are better in trigger. I don't even know how many runs I have done after acquiring Lightstream but I have yet to see a single Celestial unit. But I cannot say I have high hopes for any difference.

Possible, but highly unlikely haha. Haven't got a single one either.

Tymek
Jan 30, 2019, 12:40 AM
Only weapon drops are boosted in the trigger.

SteveCZ
Jan 30, 2019, 12:54 AM
Only weapon drops are boosted in the trigger.

Ah ok. orz

Karen Erra
Jan 30, 2019, 01:41 AM
Here's my common schedule in yesterday's example:

https://i.imgur.com/wUvsyhl.jpg (https://i.imgur.com/wUvsyhl.jpg)

And it doesn't stop me to have my Lightstream and stuff, spending no real money besides premium but 100-200 mil meseta for scratch goods in players shop.

And about gunner: I leveled it on the Christmas EQ and learn one thing NO CT - NO DPS

If it's something important like Persona I'll get up early morning too to do it, but it's rarely scheduled in a good timeframe for me. If I'm lucky I can do it 1 time a day, if it's scheduled, if I'm really lucky like a few
days before, 2 times. So it takes a bit longer for me to complete the Lightstream, getting close though.

As for Chain Trigger it was just a general example because I kept reading it a couple of times in the past like one or two weeks that it grinds some peoples gears. I don't actively play gunner, with or without Chain Trigger,
I'll stick to playing classes, that I'm good at. My gunner is basically just another character to do Time Attacks with, if I feel like it ;).

Quote by Kril:
I mean if you want to gimp yourself by playing GU that way because muh playstyle instead of playing it how it was intended then by all means, be that special snowflake and max out R atk skills and do nothing but SRoll Arts on everything, wonder why you cant complete content or do it in a timely manner because you decided to do this. As for the eq scheds, dont know what to say besides go and play something else youll enjoy because you seem to be not happy on how sega sets times to run content

You kinda missed my point if you think I'm unhappy with how this goes. I said that it takes a bit longer for me to complete (like 50 runs for lightstream), but I will finish it eventually and be glad when I'm done, because I will not have care about it too much anymore if I'm able to do a persona run or not. Yes, it's true, I would like to do more and get more things done but at this point I accept that it's not possible with my current work-gaming-sleeping schedule.

Reilet
Jan 30, 2019, 02:24 AM
you start up a TMPA but it fills only up to 8/12)

You don't like undermanning? :wacko:

otakun
Jan 30, 2019, 03:18 AM
imagine joining a team of 100 people and 20-40 people are online and no ones putting the initiative to start a TMPA so you're forced to run pugs OR you start up a TMPA but it fills only up to 8/12 or less OR no ones actually wanting to join up for this and despite asking repeatedly to have everyone run a TMPA they just ignore them and stay in their blocks and run it with randoms. Not every team is perfect and TMPA's arent always a guaranteed thing either

I've been in teams that focus on TMPAs and I know the struggle of getting them set up and ready to go, its work BUT it's the alternative of something that is within your control while sitting on a forum complaining about people not being good enough isn't within your control. It's fine to vent and all but this is as common as people complaining about PSO2 not being released in the west. You can't force people how to play and you can only hope that they magically get better (which most wont) or Sega dumbs down the systems more so that casuals will want to do them ie NT wep Grinding.

Dark Mits
Jan 30, 2019, 04:26 AM
I've been in teams that focus on TMPAs and I know the struggle of getting them set up and ready to go, its work BUT it's the alternative of something that is within your control while sitting on a forum complaining about people not being good enough isn't within your control. It's fine to vent and all but this is as common as people complaining about PSO2 not being released in the west. You can't force people how to play and you can only hope that they magically get better (which most wont) or Sega dumbs down the systems more so that casuals will want to do them ie NT wep Grinding.I don't think that NT-grinding is considered dumbed down compared to OT grinding. It's like saying that CF is dumbed down compared to expecting a drop to just happen. NT-grinding is QoL improvement because it still requires effort from the player.

Dumbed down is when existing game mechanics can be bypassed/ignored. Stuff like:
WB L-ring: Automatically hit what you want without the player having to determine correct timing
Air Reversal: No longer punished for knockback
Atomizer / Mate L-rings: No longer wait for the correct time to use, just press whenever.
etc.