PDA

View Full Version : 29º PSO2 STATION! (From Phantasy Star Thanks Festa 2019 - Tokyo.)

Maulcun
Jan 29, 2019, 09:50 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/image/sysupload/element/info/20160915/pso2station.jpg

Date: March 10, 2019
Time: 13:00 ~ 18:30 JST

Automatic conversion time : https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=29%C2%BA+PSO2+STATION%21+%28Fro m+Phantasy+Star+Thanks+Festa+2019+-+Tokyo.%29&iso=20190310T13&p1=248&ah=5

Official Link Nico Nico: http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv318764872
Official Link PSCP TV: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1MnxnNlllVExO
[*Official Link YouTube : Coming soon
Fan Link YouTube 1 : Coming soon
Fan Link YouTube 2 : Coming soon
Fan Link Twitch 1 : https://go.twitch.tv/silentsakia/
Fan Link Twitch 2 : https://www.twitch.tv/arekore510
Official Link Twitch : Coming soon
Fan Link Mixer 1: Coming soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 1: Coming soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 2 : Coming soon
Fan Link Facebook : Coming soon

Important Topics

PSO2 Cosplay Show
Informations about late March updates (PC, PS4, PSVita and Nintendo Switch)
New informations of EPISODE 6 and Release Date.
New information about PSO2es updates.
New information about Idola Phantasy Star Saga updates.
Mini ARKS PSO2 Live
Rui Tanabe (CV: Mitarashi) and Rie Hikisaka (CV: Tetra) will appear as special guests.
Arks Battle Tournament 2019 Tokyo Qualifier.
A Mini Live stage (Finishing the Event)

Maulcun
Mar 3, 2019, 11:16 PM
Post was updated

ArcaneTechs
Mar 4, 2019, 02:37 AM
will my early April release date of Ep6 come true? only 5 more days to see

I want to say late march at the earliest but once they announced that 2nd play test for the Festa it became a little obvious after that

Anduril
Mar 4, 2019, 03:00 AM
will my early April release date of Ep6 come true? only 5 more days to see

I want to say late march at the earliest but once they announced that 2nd play test for the Festa it became a little obvious after that
By precedent, Episode releases have been 4 to 6 weeks after the Livestream where they announce the date, so I'm putting my money on either the 10th (with no update on the 3rd) or the 17th of April. I might lean more toward the 10th since that would line up the schedule nicely for Golden Week: Episode 6 Release on the 10th, Update on the 24th, No Maintenance on the 1st for Golden Week.

Meteor Weapon
Mar 4, 2019, 04:07 AM
By precedent, Episode releases have been 4 to 6 weeks after the Livestream where they announce the date, so I'm putting my money on either the 10th (with no update on the 3rd) or the 17th of April. I might lean more toward the 10th since that would line up the schedule nicely for Golden Week: Episode 6 Release on the 10th, Update on the 24th, No Maintenance on the 1st for Golden Week.

EMERGENCY CODE: MAINTAINENCE

Dark Mits
Mar 4, 2019, 04:39 AM
EMERGENCY CODE: MAINTAINENCEDammit, I wanted to post that.

That schedule is pretty good for us westerners... it lines up with Easter holidays (both Catholic and Orthodox), at least for those who can enjoy those.

Zulastar
Mar 4, 2019, 09:38 AM
The following adjustments will be made to standard Buster Quests:

Implemented Dash Panels.
If a Buster Quest is started with only one person:
Double amount of Mana acquired.
Reduce amount of Towers to two.
The Final Phase will have only one side with enemies on the stairs.
The following adjustments will be made to all Buster Quests:

Mana will automatically be picked up as you near them.

ALLELUIA! FINALLY HERE!

cheapgunner
Mar 4, 2019, 01:30 PM

Implemented Dash Panels.

ALLELUIA! FINALLY HERE!

The last one made me rejoice the most. No longer will lag screw over mana farming and makes picking it up a breeze.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 4, 2019, 06:28 PM
Just give me the weaponoid scratch, contest winner scratch, Basilis weapon sheets, and EP6 release date, and this would be an amazing psostation.
No more collabs no one asked for.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 4, 2019, 07:29 PM
Just give me the weaponoid scratch, contest winner scratch, Basilis weapon sheets, and EP6 release date, and this would be an amazing psostation.
No more collabs no one asked for.
bro dont you understand it takes 6months-1yr to implement these costume designs into Segas insanely busy schedule???

I want these outfits already too

final_attack
Mar 4, 2019, 08:15 PM
Hoping to see what other skills Phantom have (as sub too) ....
Good thing I have Basilis stored _(:3」

SteveCZ
Mar 4, 2019, 11:45 PM

I'd go for 17th of April then.

...and EP6 release date...

Just this for me. Phantom, to be exact.

TheFanaticViper
Mar 5, 2019, 09:33 AM
A Mini Live stage (Finishing the Event)
This for me :-D (but it will be hard to beat the 2017 one)
with crossed fingers for Takenobu Mitsuyoshi presence

silo1991
Mar 5, 2019, 09:55 AM

Implemented Dash Panels.

ALLELUIA! FINALLY HERE!

i can finally beat those stupid coop story quest i been holding by the force.

they said those changes would be implemented a semester ago ,

Anduril
Mar 6, 2019, 01:05 AM
So, the new KOF scratch has an end date of April 10th instead of April 3rd, meaning that there is now an extra week gap between updates at the end of March/beginning of April; this is emboldening my belief that Episode 6 will be released on the 10th since I don't think they would do two no-update gaps in as many months (which would happen if they released it on the 17th due to Golden Week). However, this does also open the possibility that they will release it on the 24th, but I don't know if they would risk that when the following week is the holiday. Or, they may just skip April completely and have Episode 6 in May (which would just be mean).

Tymek
Mar 9, 2019, 10:31 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0-beudXgAAz_KA.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/80900839538962432/552747548041805834/unknown.png

I'll just go ahead and share this here, too.

KaizoKage
Mar 9, 2019, 12:19 PM
I'll just go ahead and share this here, too.

I guess we'll be getting EP6 in May then... ssssssssiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhhhh
SEGA gonna drag EP5 for that long?

Anduril
Mar 9, 2019, 01:44 PM
I just hope they aren't going to push it to late May to try and coincide with the 7th Anniversary. I feel like they've been stringing us along with promises of Episode 6 longer than any other. Well, at least we only have a few more hours to wait until we know for sure.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 9, 2019, 02:06 PM
If they announce ep6 for late april/early may im gonna...im gonna do something fnaodcjeisk

Lostbob117
Mar 9, 2019, 02:24 PM
I would take those images dates with a grain of salt right now. They'd have to skip a Maintenance to meet those dates, and considering the pso2es event has always been around March 20th, I doubt the scratch would be later (and that end date would make the scratch duration way too long if it was later).

Edit: Well fuck, they are gonna make us live on campaign / quest boosts for a month

Lyrise
Mar 9, 2019, 04:48 PM
They've been known to do 3 week gaps between scratches and updates, especially when Japanese holidays are involved, which in this case, we have Golden Week starting on April 28. Pretty sure they're not going to implement any major content on weeks leading to or following up where there is no dev staff on hand to fix issues as they come up.

final_attack
Mar 10, 2019, 01:13 AM
PSO2 Anime ..... from Ep 1 ~ 3, I think?
I believe it's the actual main story in-game before.

PSO2 - Episode Oracle

https://i.imgur.com/TIq2Y5r.png

Anduril
Mar 10, 2019, 01:14 AM
Yeah, that was an unexpected surprise. It's an original retelling of Episode 1 to 3, so I imagine it's probably going to just deal with the major story lines of those episodes while the minor story lines and sub-stories will either be reduced or outright omitted (like some events involving one minor character might have a different major character replace them; I fear we may not get to see poor Fourier).
Trailer on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/1104626617387692034

Tyreek
Mar 10, 2019, 01:15 AM
An anime retelling of EP1-3 is... unexpected indeed.

cheapgunner
Mar 10, 2019, 01:22 AM
I will give this anime a go. Gonna be cool if/when they show Elder surfacing from within Ruins Nab in the show.

Meteor Weapon
Mar 10, 2019, 01:25 AM
Why did they even bother with that one before when they could do this one instead lol

cheapgunner
Mar 10, 2019, 01:32 AM
Why did they even bother with that one before when they could do this one instead lol

True. At least with this one, they only have to adapt the game to anime, while the other they rann on some script that didn't mesh (at least to me).

SteveCZ
Mar 10, 2019, 01:37 AM
Trailer on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/1104626617387692034

Anime adaptation of episode 1 - 3? I kinda feel it will be as serious as that, which is good. Edit: It has the old logo, so it must be good. jk...

And holy crap that music is really epic.

Anduril
Mar 10, 2019, 01:37 AM
True. At least with this one, they only have to adapt the game to anime, while the other they rann on some script that didn't mesh (at least to me).

I've seen enough anime adaptations of RPGs to know that it might still be a mangled mess of a script that only makes sense if you are already well versed with the story, especially if they try to do it in 12/13 episodes. I'm tempering my expectations right now.

cheapgunner
Mar 10, 2019, 01:45 AM
I've seen enough anime adaptations of RPGs to know that it might still be a mangled mess of a script that only makes sense if you are already well versed with the story, especially if they try to do it in 12/13 episodes. I'm tempering my expectations right now.

Don't wanna be reminded of those that tried and flopped. >.<;

Anduril
Mar 10, 2019, 02:57 AM
Episode 6: April 24th. They are seriously releasing it the week before Golden Week. The fools.
Also, we're back to full-on sci-fi.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 10, 2019, 02:58 AM
Episode 6: April 24th. They are seriously releasing it the week before Golden Week. The fools.

I KNEW IT

AND THIS ISNT EVEN EARLY SPRING WTF

Tyreek
Mar 10, 2019, 02:59 AM
AIS-Vega. Oh my.

Anduril
Mar 10, 2019, 02:59 AM
I KNEW IT

AND THIS ISNT EVEN EARLY SPRING WTF

Q2/Spring is April through June, so technically it is early-ish spring.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 10, 2019, 03:03 AM
Q2/Spring is April through June, so technically it is early-ish spring.

im more triggered because theres nothing to do in game right now and thanks to easy predictions via scratches etc we have literally 2months of more nothing to until Ep6, wtf there doesnt need to be such big time gap

エリュシオン
Mar 10, 2019, 03:09 AM
im more triggered because theres nothing to do in game right now and thanks to easy predictions very scratches etc we have literally 2months of more nothing to until Ep6, wtf there doesnt need to be such big time gap
What if they did this so people could stop playing and get the returning player boost so they can use their 50 1mil EXP tickets and use keys to grind their Ph to Lv90 Day 1. (´・ω・`)

ArcaneTechs
Mar 10, 2019, 03:13 AM
What if they did this so people could stop playing and get the returning player boost so they can use their 50 1mil EXP tickets and use keys to grind their Ph to Lv90 Day 1. (´・ω・`)

jokes aside, they havent even announced whats to come in between this long gap in time until Ep6 releases

エリュシオン
Mar 10, 2019, 03:28 AM
jokes aside, they havent even announced whats to come in between this long gap in time until Ep6 releases

I have a strong feeling, aside from affix week and revival/support scratches, It's just going to be 6 weeks of "This Quest is Boost by x%". (Maybe even revive ARKS Boost Rally, If anyone even remembers they existed _(:3」)

Although if quests get boosted I feel a good chunk of players already got what they need. I'm interested in seeing what they will boost/add to drop table to interest more than just newer players.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 10, 2019, 03:29 AM
am i reading that roadmap right and theres a NEW class later this year?? in winter???

EDIT: so i did read that right, now im less mad at sega

Anduril
Mar 10, 2019, 03:29 AM
New class in winter apparently. Wow.
So looks like we are getting yet another free Chronos Stone and 10 million worth of EXP Tickets.

SteveCZ
Mar 10, 2019, 03:48 AM
Episode 6 April 24th, back to full-on scifi, more classes. Yes. Yes. Yes! I have high hopes! \o/

Dark Mits
Mar 10, 2019, 03:50 AM
Am I the only one excited that we will have a new Free Field simultaneously with the release of EP6?

Meteor Weapon
Mar 10, 2019, 03:59 AM
new Free Field what they said that?

Dark Mits
Mar 10, 2019, 04:01 AM
new Free Field what they said that?
From bumped:

At release of EP6 -> New Free Field: Ultra Exploration: Lillipa
Early Summer -> New Ultra Exploration Area

Tyreek
Mar 10, 2019, 04:06 AM
Just wait. The 3rd advanced class will be based off of DEF parameters. Think about it; Hero Mag is based off of S/R/T-Atk boosting all your other attack stats. Phantom Mag will utilize DEX to boost your stats. It would totally make sense if the third class used S/R/T-DEF to boost your stats. Farfetched idea, but that could be one way to put those underutilized parameters to use.

Anduril
Mar 10, 2019, 04:07 AM
From bumped:

So that means they condensed Desert, Tunnels, and Quarry into a single Free Field for UH (based on what they showed in the trailer)?

ArcaneTechs
Mar 10, 2019, 04:13 AM
Just wait. The 3rd advanced class will be based off of DEF parameters. Think about it; Hero Mag is based off of S/R/T-Atk boosting all your other attack stats. Phantom Mag will utilize DEX to boost your stats. It would totally make sense if the third class used S/R/T-DEF to boost your stats. Farfetched idea, but that could be one way to put those underutilized parameters to use.
please no

anyone have clips of that new AIS fight? i need to see the badassery again

Meteor Weapon
Mar 10, 2019, 04:23 AM
https://twitter.com/_TUKA_/status/1104657151732068352?fbclid=IwAR1byerwguzEYcPA0mLaP MCAJtV0J6AypJ9hR0qPgTD4S6Zx0-YWjCTPmAU

https://twitter.com/_TUKA_/status/1104658412824981505?fbclid=IwAR0O6fmxNNfFN1MmbsPaa FF6cf6RSuv4WgY14ksDhH0q0bqq9ztTY6-aUcY

https://twitter.com/_TUKA_/status/1104659257293590528?fbclid=IwAR2tnuFZLawZd1FbJLG5k LmEObI4P72Iv90uG_OvFV4gk6ypsZnTXNHXjOA

Anduril
Mar 10, 2019, 04:32 AM
Full stream is up on Twitter/Periscope: https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/1104591979411791872
Episode 6 stuff starts at about 3 hours, 52 minutes.

Dragwind
Mar 10, 2019, 04:51 AM
I'm very pleased with everything revealed on the stream. Sign me up for Episode 6! I haven't been this excited for a new episode in PSO2 since the game launched.

Suirano
Mar 10, 2019, 05:01 AM
New AIS EQ looks like Yamato in space which I have no issues with. Even has a mech at the end that I wish Yamato would have turned into in its EQ lol.

Terrence
Mar 10, 2019, 05:14 AM
I'm terribly excited about everything shown for EP6 too (except for my FOrce). :blush:

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://nibelungen.orgfree.com/pso2/phantomrip.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

final_attack
Mar 10, 2019, 05:18 AM
I'm terribly excited about everything shown for EP6 too (except for my FOrce). :blush:
Jellen for me (r.i.p. partial support Gu with Jellen) :blush: Since it's main only -.-

Mattykins
Mar 10, 2019, 07:36 AM
I guess my only complaint is the new areas just retreading old locations with new enemies instead of something new entirely. The EQ looks cool tho.

XrosBlader821
Mar 10, 2019, 07:48 AM
I'd rather have them re threading old areas than go to Earth or Generic Fantasy Land.
But this kinda makes sense Story wise. EP6 so far seems to be focused on Oracle being under attack in space so Gundam styled EQ's will be our new Tower Defense while adding new life to old content via UH. I also like that they seem to redo/remove some of the more outdated stuff like the Prologue, being much better now (Zeno Photon Blasting a Dark Ragne is certainly less boring than doing that on a bunch of Dagans) and Arks Road/EP4 story boards being simplified by removing the old stuff is so much more accessible. So far I'm getting the vibes that EP6 will finally have Sega revising some outdated systems and improving them rather than doing their usual band aid solutions and pretend stuff is fixed.
Also Ph expanding the Subclass system after Sega tried to abandon it with Hero feels nice as well. So far EP6 shapes up to be a really good episode.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 10, 2019, 08:31 AM
Bugging me that there seems to be a revival scratch, and boost week in a few days and then... nothing until Ep6?
No scratches?
Couldn't throw in an excuse to bring back basilis weapons?
Just a massive gap?
EP6 looks great and all, but goddamn give me something to do/look forward to in game in the meantime.

Mr3chi
Mar 10, 2019, 08:31 AM
Jellen for me (r.i.p. partial support Gu with Jellen) :blush: Since it's main only -.-

isn't there a new s1 with jellen already? i don't think phantom jellen strengthen will increase much. maybe 5-10 points for double. but 25% + phrase decay is pretty good for gu already since they hit quite alot. 8% reduction + around the same dmg - pp. pretty good trade off.

btw sega is quite in rush to release adv classes and doesn't even bother to fix hr absurd rate atm. seems like they haven't given up on the idea abandoning old classes unofficially. they will do it more clearly from now. would we soon see 90% participation rate on only 3 classes? :clown:

Zulastar
Mar 10, 2019, 08:46 AM
https://twitter.com/_TUKA_/status/1104657151732068352?fbclid=IwAR1byerwguzEYcPA0mLaP MCAJtV0J6AypJ9hR0qPgTD4S6Zx0-YWjCTPmAU

https://twitter.com/_TUKA_/status/1104658412824981505?fbclid=IwAR0O6fmxNNfFN1MmbsPaa FF6cf6RSuv4WgY14ksDhH0q0bqq9ztTY6-aUcY

https://twitter.com/_TUKA_/status/1104659257293590528?fbclid=IwAR2tnuFZLawZd1FbJLG5k LmEObI4P72Iv90uG_OvFV4gk6ypsZnTXNHXjOA

WHOA! Sugoi! Looks very cool. But will it be fun equal of it's cool looking?

I'd rather have them re threading old areas than go to Earth or Generic Fantasy Land.
But this kinda makes sense Story wise. EP6 so far seems to be focused on Oracle being under attack in space so Gundam styled EQ's will be our new Tower Defense while adding new life to old content via UH.... So far EP6 shapes up to be a really good episode.

Agreed with that. Finally we got something pertinent in storyline.

revising some outdated systems and improving them rather than doing their usual band aid solutions and pretend stuff is fixed.

I really want adjustable interface at least on the PC version: I'm really tired of minimap placed in top-right corner. This solution was outdated many years ago.
Recently I realized that I need favorites menu for Free Partners where I can save NPC or Player partners I usually run quests with and it tooks many time to find them.
There are too much improvements can be implement in this game, but SEGA recently did only new Scratch stuff or invent new strategies to squeeze out playerbase money... sadly.

UPD: PlayStation 4 Theme #7
I hope somebody will share this pic to Internet. I ripped one from the site but it have this stupid logo on...
I WANT ORIGINAL ONE!
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/5bXex8X.jpg (https://i.imgur.com/5bXex8X.jpg)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Goukezitsu
Mar 10, 2019, 09:49 AM
PSO2es Collaboration
https://dai.ly/x73wdqw

Episode 6 Trailer #1
https://dai.ly/x73wdqv

Episode 6 Trailer #2
https://dai.ly/x73wjrc

It looks pretty interesting. The datamine was right so the 24th is the day. I'm in for the UH stuff, but I would have liked to see a reveal on the weapons and stuff that we get and unfortunately we didn't get any of that. Sorry on the delay though I fell asleep during the upload lol.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 10, 2019, 10:00 AM
Bugging me that there seems to be a revival scratch, and boost week in a few days and then... nothing until Ep6?
No scratches?
Couldn't throw in an excuse to bring back basilis weapons?
Just a massive gap?
EP6 looks great and all, but goddamn give me something to do/look forward to in game in the meantime.

I pointed this out during the stream they literally announced nothing for content from now until Ep6, i assumed they were going to throw out Yamato during this but its a whole lot of nothing, just a scratch and lobby

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 10, 2019, 10:19 AM
PSO2es Collaboration
https://dai.ly/x73wdqw

Episode 6 Trailer #1
https://dai.ly/x73wdqv

Episode 6 Trailer #2
https://dai.ly/x73wjrc

It looks pretty interesting. The datamine was right so the 24th is the day. I'm in for the UH stuff, but I would have liked to see a reveal on the weapons and stuff that we get and unfortunately we didn't get any of that. Sorry on the delay though I fell asleep during the upload lol.

Better late than never.

*Sees pso2es collab*

Better disappointed than nothing I guess...?

Masu
Mar 10, 2019, 10:29 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/8J6EKRh.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
...but something tells me it's unreasonable.

Also

Quote from Bumped:

Summer (August ~ September)

Episode 6: Chapter 2
New PA System
New PAs for Sword and Jet Boots
New Beyond Exploration Area
Added Ultra Enemies

the_importer_
Mar 10, 2019, 10:30 AM
Daily bonus tickets and cash sounds quite nice.

final_attack
Mar 10, 2019, 10:42 AM
isn't there a new s1 with jellen already? i don't think phantom jellen strengthen will increase much. maybe 5-10 points for double. but 25% + phrase decay is pretty good for gu already since they hit quite alot. 8% reduction + around the same dmg - pp. pretty good trade off.
Well, that S1 slot is used for 4% damage (with 8s affixes) .....
I personally won't mind a bit lower damage and less tanky than Hu sub .... if they give the support part of Phantom as sub a Jellen instead of tech availability and quick charge ;w;

KaizoKage
Mar 10, 2019, 10:50 AM
Quote from Bumped:

Summer (August ~ September)

Episode 6: Chapter 2
New PA System
New PAs for Sword and Jet Boots
New Beyond Exploration Area
Added Ultra Enemies

ONLY New PAs for Sword and Jet Boots

I was hoping that most of the weapons to have new PAs or at least Type-0 PAs

Ransu
Mar 10, 2019, 10:57 AM

Before they said they won't release new PAs all at once but over the course of updates. Probably just means Sword and Jet Boots will be first.

SteveCZ
Mar 10, 2019, 11:23 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/8J6EKRh.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
New PAs for ... Jet Boots

This is hope!

KaizoKage
Mar 10, 2019, 11:38 AM
Before they said they won't release new PAs all at once but over the course of updates. Probably just means Sword and Jet Boots will be first.

Oh, they did? thats really good news then ....but.... just two new PAs for 2019?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 10, 2019, 01:30 PM

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://nibelungen.orgfree.com/pso2/phantomrip.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

As if phantom will magically make Fo obsolete as long as compounds are a thing.

SteveCZ
Mar 10, 2019, 01:35 PM

Considering how Hero killed other classes in instant the time it first arrived... :lol:

XrosBlader821
Mar 10, 2019, 01:37 PM

I think Terrence refers to Stealth Tech Charge being Main class only and not Ph replacing Fo in the Tech Meta

Dark Mits
Mar 10, 2019, 01:47 PM
Sega probably has learned from their mistake with Hero and has taken steps to ensure that Phantom is not drastically better, but situationally better.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 10, 2019, 03:13 PM

it takes a whopping 4 months for new PAs to hit, like I dont get this, new episode, big update, they didnt even include new PA's/Technics for every weapon at once instead drip feed them (and dont give me that bs that they need to test in between/balance). If this is a big update, this kind of stuff should be included.

I am glad Jetboots is getting new PA's finally, maybe it'll make me want to use them. Now if they can add more PA's to DBs (no more Kestral combo being the only good DPS) and just rehaul BO's skill tree then we'd be gold but that isnt happening

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 10, 2019, 04:44 PM
Sega probably has learned from their mistake with Hero and has taken steps to ensure that Phantom is not drastically better, but situationally better.

More like they taken steps to ensure Force can't be drastically outpowered by anyone since the compound cool down, and their lvl85 skill :wacko:

Zorak000
Mar 10, 2019, 05:37 PM
im not going to be optimistic about anything until we see a re-connect to party feature

KaizoKage
Mar 10, 2019, 06:26 PM
it takes a whopping 4 months for new PAs to hit, like I dont get this, new episode, big update, they didnt even include new PA's/Technics for every weapon at once instead drip feed them (and dont give me that bs that they need to test in between/balance). If this is a big update, this kind of stuff should be included.

I am glad Jetboots is getting new PA's finally, maybe it'll make me want to use them. Now if they can add more PA's to DBs (no more Kestral combo being the only good DPS) and just rehaul BO's skill tree then we'd be gold but that isnt happening

My thoughts exactly regarding PAs. Even tho they said that they will be releasing other PAs as they update EP6 more but it seems we'll be only getting a new PA for sword and JB in 2019

echofaith
Mar 10, 2019, 06:59 PM
I am just glad we are finally getting a comfortable subclass for hunter. No more conditionals from Fi, or annoying point assist from Su. Just raw inconditionals boosts, and extra freebies(pp restore, gear gain, tech usage/cost reduction/charge speed). Still weaker than taja+brave, but this is the closest we will get to huhu. Main class seems awesome of course, so I may consider getting an extra skill tree for this occasion c:

Great Pan
Mar 10, 2019, 08:00 PM
Good bye, 5th Fleet. Back to Oracle me go. This looks promising.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 10, 2019, 08:25 PM
Good bye, 5th Fleet. Back to Oracle me go. This looks promising.
you hate this game remember, why are you even coming back? back to monster hunter

Anon_Fire
Mar 10, 2019, 09:46 PM
They're also adding Group Chat.

Great Pan
Mar 10, 2019, 10:57 PM
you hate this game remember, why are you even coming back? back to monster hunter

MHW is getting boring now, untill Iceborne arrives.

Tunga
Mar 11, 2019, 12:26 AM
So the focus will be again on the sci-fi space opera theme and not whatever garbage ala ep4/5 was, a potential death to klotho and his Torture attack client orders (taco)ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ good ridance! And Ultra Hard potentially not being just a lower difficulty with higher number values. Alright sega lets see what you got.

SteveCZ
Mar 11, 2019, 02:25 AM
...a potential death to klotho and his Torture attack client orders (taco)ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ good ridance!...

Well I hope it doesn't replace it though, but as addition.
But then again the item prices can go higher due to shorter supplies due to larger money flow and satisfied demands. =/
Edit: Just read the other sentence and corrected by next reply. Opinion withdrawn.

If it can give an average of 1.7m for 15min run a day or better, then personally I'm okay for it being replaced.

HardBoiledPapa
Mar 11, 2019, 02:52 AM
Wait I thought they're decreasing TACO rewards so that they can distribute it to daily/weekly missions meaning you're now doing more work just to get the same amount of meseta you get prior ep6.

SteveCZ
Mar 11, 2019, 03:06 AM
Wait I thought they're decreasing TACO rewards so that they can distribute it to daily/weekly missions meaning you're now doing more work just to get the same amount of meseta you get prior ep6.

You are actually right. I didn't read this.

"Changed Contents - Decreased Meseta from Klotho - They will reduce the amount of Meseta earned from Klotho’s client orders, but will distribute the equivalent through [Daily/Weekly Mission] rewards."

Well shit.

wefwq
Mar 11, 2019, 03:13 AM
Oh God, please be good.

XrosBlader821
Mar 11, 2019, 04:22 AM
You are actually right. I didn't read this.

"Changed Contents - Decreased Meseta from Klotho - They will reduce the amount of Meseta earned from Klotho’s client orders, but will distribute the equivalent through [Daily/Weekly Mission] rewards."

Well shit.
Yes, missions like "afk in a Endless quest for 460k meseta" or "collect 350k meseta from CO to get 700k meseta"
Things you do anyway.

Dark Mits
Mar 11, 2019, 04:40 AM
This change in meseta income will have a "negative" net effect on those who were actively doing Klotho multiple times. Because while they will now spend less time to earn the same, players like me who did not do Klotho COs are also going to get a slice of the pie. This will cause inflation and pretty much reduce the "purchasing power" of the former player type.

Loyd Azakuya
Mar 11, 2019, 07:08 AM
Winter

A New Class is …!?

So we're gonna get a new class that early?

KaizoKage
Mar 11, 2019, 07:30 AM
So we're gonna get a new class that early?

The gap between Hero and Phantom is quite long compared to Summoner and Hero IIRC. Maybe they're trying to catch up and I really think this is a base class with new weapon categories rather than a new advanced class

Tunga
Mar 11, 2019, 08:24 AM

Depends on how they handle it. If the rewards are good you could get more money throughout the week.

XrosBlader821
Mar 11, 2019, 08:31 AM
The gap between Hero and Phantom is quite long compared to Summoner and Hero IIRC. Maybe they're trying to catch up and I really think this is a base class with new weapon categories rather than a new advanced class
The gap is only about 2~3 months longer but i doubt that new class is gonna be a regular class. There is no need for that now that Phantom allows to be used as a subclass.

Arada
Mar 11, 2019, 08:34 AM
The gap is only about 2~3 months longer but i doubt that new class is gonna be a regular class. There is no need for that now that Phantom allows to be used as a subclass.

They said they droped the regular/advanced class concept.

XrosBlader821
Mar 11, 2019, 08:39 AM
They said they droped the regular/advanced class concept.

Thats not what they said. They renamed advanced classes to successor classes and make sure both are on same power level. thats about it.

KaizoKage
Mar 11, 2019, 08:59 AM

well, it could either be a new regular class for new weapon or another advanced/successor class with another set of reused S/R/T weapon category until every weapon can have their "advanced" treatment or........... Gunslash class lmao

Anduril
Mar 11, 2019, 09:40 AM
well, it could either be a new regular class for new weapon or another advanced/successor class with another set of reused S/R/T weapon category until every weapon can have their "advanced" treatment or........... Gunslash class lmao

If I recall, during the livestream the director said something about the new class using Jet Boots and Twin Daggers, but it may have just been something someone misheard and put in the chat.

Loyd Azakuya
Mar 11, 2019, 09:51 AM
My predictions are Knuckles, Bow and Jet Boots

silo1991
Mar 11, 2019, 10:02 AM
how about sega giving us the R-atk and T-atk class they own us which uses slicers and boomerangs .

just for complete the trinity along braver and bouncer

SteveCZ
Mar 11, 2019, 10:04 AM
I hope it's a non-successor class for new type of weapon. I mean, it's mid-episode... right? They can introduce another successor class every new episode and normal class in the middle of the episode. c:

Too much I guess.

Zorak000
Mar 11, 2019, 10:14 AM
I'm going to say jet boots and launcher; and any fighter weapon really, daggers might fit best but I won't rule out kunckles or doublesabers just yet.

we don't have a fighter or bouncer weapon on an successor class yet, though talis could be a stretch to consider as techer representation.

though boots or wand could happen I suppose, either way could open up the third successor class as another class with tertiary support options like bouncer has (nice-to-have support skills, but not nearly as important as techer and ranger's support skills)

and yeah guns are down to only bows and launchers. I'd be a bit more interested to see what they could do with a successor launcher instead of bow, but I'd say that katana wasn't terribly high on my list of weapon types I'd wanna see from a successor class to begin with.

we'd have had one more gun and tech weapon if they decided to do tech-ranged class instead of summoner, but they had to give people what they were asking for! they said they don't plan on making any non-successor classes from this point onward; possibly because it would be messed up to have to implement drops and exchanges for 2 more weapon types, so sadly I guess we're just, not going to see any slicers show up in PSO2... (I dont think ive even seen a talis talis/camo of one yet, maybe some of the fan-lookign weapons were slicers in ps0, though fans were their own weapon type in PSU/P2i)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 11, 2019, 04:15 PM
They're also adding Group Chat.

I find it funny it's the same default text color as well as function as linkshells from FF14.
Just like how they took returner/newbie player icons.

XrosBlader821
Mar 11, 2019, 04:36 PM
I find it funny it's the same default text color as well as function as linkshells from FF14.
Just like how they took returner/newbie player icons.

And Arks Missions are totally not FF14's Challange Logs :wacko:

rokkuman
Mar 11, 2019, 10:00 PM
EP6 seems like a step in the right direction so far. Let's hope they learned their lesson with Hero...

Meteor Weapon
Mar 11, 2019, 10:22 PM
how about sega giving us the R-atk and T-atk class they own us which uses slicers and boomerangs .

just for complete the trinity along braver and bouncer

You already have hero talis for that.

Tunga
Mar 12, 2019, 01:27 AM
Twin dagger, dbs and boots could make for some fun aerial shenanigans.

Let's hope they learned their lesson with Hero...

https://media.tenor.com/images/a77e5c19d49d933933637b9e8993d087/tenor.gif

Tymek
Mar 12, 2019, 05:30 PM
It would be nice if NOVA could be made relevant to the story in this EPISODE.

cheapgunner
Mar 12, 2019, 05:34 PM
I just want techs from PSU. Diga techs were so good
>.>;

ArcaneTechs
Mar 12, 2019, 09:59 PM
I just want techs from PSU. Diga techs were so good
>.>;

Ya i want these too but sega is going to drip feed content so hard we get a literal 2 PAs in 4-5 months that i have no hopes for this

final_attack
Mar 12, 2019, 10:29 PM
Oh btw, did Sega said anything about feedback regarding Phantom on this event?
If I rememebr it right, I think they said something along that line from previous one.

Dark Mits
Mar 13, 2019, 01:42 AM
Ya i want these too but sega is going to drip feed content so hard we get a literal 2 PAs in 4-5 months that i have no hopes for thisIt's unlikely, because they would have to include another element as the "pair" to Ground (Fire<->Ice, Lightning<->Wind, Light<->Dark). They would also have to include skills in Fo or Te that increase power of techs of this element as well.

I'd like it too, but I don't see them doing it.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 13, 2019, 02:30 AM
It's unlikely, because they would have to include another element as the "pair" to Ground (Fire<->Ice, Lightning<->Wind, Light<->Dark). They would also have to include skills in Fo or Te that increase power of techs of this element as well.

I'd like it too, but I don't see them doing it.

its not like they cant rehaul trees for this and with new enemies coming out over time they can achieve that as an element weakness too. I wouldnt say add a new Tech class (which i wouldnt mind but i think 2 is enough) but this isnt something that they cant do. I rarely use Wind techs as it is hell I almost never use Lighting Techs, why dont they give me an element I'll use just as much as Light/Fire/Ice/Dark????

Dark Mits
Mar 13, 2019, 05:07 AM
why dont they give me an element I'll use just as much as Light/Fire/Ice/Dark????I think it's because few players care about maintaining a rainbow set, especially considering the grind required for them; most players just have Light weapons for all content. We saw this with Enchanted Forest where enemies have vulnerabilities to all elements (except Dark I think?); Most everyone used Light techs and Light weapons. So if they added another element, it would be something that very few would take advantage of.

XrosBlader821
Mar 13, 2019, 07:31 AM
Adding Diga wont help and has the potential of coming with its own problems. Fixing lightning and Wind techs to be as useful as the other elements should be the priority here.

FantasyHeaven
Mar 13, 2019, 11:11 AM
Lightning is great already with fofi

Ransu
Mar 13, 2019, 02:20 PM

In general, Lightning and Wind techs aren't something you could spam on a boss for damage like Grants or Ilgrants and some of the techs you wouldn't really use at all outside of niche situations. I think they just lack all purpose function like some of the others.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 13, 2019, 02:32 PM

They lack purpose and functionality and since i dont play niche FO builds theyre way less on par with the other elements. Few are good for utility but i dont use lighting techs for this

KaizoKage
Mar 14, 2019, 09:17 AM
I wish SEGA would think out of the box and add new running animations. Its like the CAST's only 2 running animations which is the actual running and the boost slide animation. Its a stupid idea but at least we got diff content to get in scratch

Golgotha
Mar 15, 2019, 08:40 AM
Apparently episode bulletpoints were including extra AI for existing enemies, and enough new loot to accomodate new customization options, but after two years of sidegrades its hard to believe that there will be something useful to pick up in ultra hard. Aside from even more powerful stat affixes.

its not like they cant rehaul trees for this and with new enemies coming out over time they can achieve that as an element weakness too.
They never overhaul trees for cases that have been needing urgent changes for years lol
You'd think they would do it for trees that arent broken as much.

Imagine accommodating palette to two MORE elements, in case you have to match them in all star quest.
It would be great if they changed core status and element mechanics instead, so it wouldn't be a second-thought nuisance that can be summed up in "put something for chase proc and make sure the (light) weapon element is capped".

I wish SEGA would think out of the box and add new running animations. Its like the CAST's only 2 running animations which is the actual running and the boost slide animation. Its a stupid idea but at least we got diff content to get in scratch

I hoped they'd eventually be able to change booster color or displace exhaust position to match the whatever funnels, but maybe it was designed to never be adjustable.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 15, 2019, 11:56 AM
Apparently episode bulletpoints were including extra AI for existing enemies, and enough new loot to accomodate new customization options, but after two years of sidegrades its hard to believe that there will be something useful to pick up in ultra hard. Aside from even more powerful stat affixes.

They never overhaul trees for cases that have been needing urgent changes for years lol
You'd think they would do it for trees that arent broken as much.

Imagine accommodating palette to two MORE elements, in case you have to match them in all star quest.
It would be great if they changed core status and element mechanics instead, so it wouldn't be a second-thought nuisance that can be summed up in "put something for chase proc and make sure the (light) weapon element is capped".

I hoped they'd eventually be able to change booster color or displace exhaust position to match the whatever funnels, but maybe it was designed to never be adjustable.

Just make a new Tech class then ez lol i refuse to believe they cant and if anything BOs tree could use some work which i point to again that useless Crafting skill on it

Also wheres muh fast traveling PAs Sega said they were working on???

Dark Mits
Mar 15, 2019, 12:25 PM
Apparently episode bulletpoints were including extra AI for existing enemies, and enough new loot to accomodate new customization options, but after two years of sidegrades its hard to believe that there will be something useful to pick up in ultra hard. Aside from even more powerful stat affixes.I'm all for extra AI, but it will have to be something more than "avoid this or you die" to keep us interested. One of the main problems of the gameplay (personal opinion) is that it is too binary in its nature; either you get hit and die, or you get hit and it doesn't matter because of passive healing options.

Zulastar
Mar 15, 2019, 01:06 PM
I'm all for extra AI, but it will have to be something more than "avoid this or you die" to keep us interested. One of the main problems of the gameplay (personal opinion) is that it is too binary in its nature; either you get hit and die, or you get hit and it doesn't matter because of passive healing options.

Well when I just started this game I was very happy about an ability to avoid incoming damage not by special movement but just few common steps.
And with time I played I saw that effect getting more lesser. Now it similar as comparsion of normal attacks performed by Fighter and Hero (Sword): Fighter's normals mostly limited by it's weapon model + some visuall effect, but Hero's have a very vast hitbox.
Now in 2019 only about 10% attacks avoidable by just moving but most of them avoidable ONLY with dodge move or any kind of an invulnerability. It's sad.

Saffran
Mar 15, 2019, 02:53 PM
Yeah the iframes are getting ridiculous. Some attacks are really offending me though, like the timestop swordslash from Masquerade. It will hit you even during charge iframes, but you can sway through it? No fam. No.
Also, traveling through PAs should not be a thing anymore. Getting over some sort of obstacle through a clever use of PA motion, yeah, sure. Traveling, no.
As far as healing goes, healed HP could be a factor in the rank.
And mission ranks should actually matter again. Also emergency interrupts.

I have to say though, i was pretty bummed that they would suppress the good Clotho quests altogether. I thought those would get nerfed, not erased from existence...

XrosBlader821
Mar 15, 2019, 04:44 PM
Also wheres muh fast traveling PAs Sega said they were working on???

You mean the thing Sega cancelled since like December 2017?

ArcaneTechs
Mar 15, 2019, 05:23 PM
You mean the thing Sega cancelled since like December 2017?

Bro im still hung up the Alpha Lobby never returning after they said they'd look into it like idk 5-6yrs ago or something

They could have added it like the original Ep1/2 did and do it in evens and odds blocks, expand the lobby a bit if needed etc