PDA

View Full Version : The Third Succesor Class

DrCatco
Apr 16, 2019, 01:51 AM
Since a few days ago, I've thinking about how Sega will introduce the third succesor class in December.

Since Sega wants to make the main concept of the game to "allow you to play with your favorite weapon and class", it seems to me that the third successor class will be focused on making this concept a reality.

We already have a Hero and a Villain Phantom. The most logical thing for me is that the third class is called the Judge. This will be the class that will impose justice for all.

The main characteristics of the Judge will be:

This class can only be used as a main class; and
it will be able to use any standard class as a subclass.
This last point is fundamental for the Judge; you will see why in a moment.

In relation to the native weapons of the Judge. Their native weapons will be: none.

That's right, not even a gunslash. This does not mean that the Judge will not have weapons. Which brings me to its skills.

Now, I do not know what skills Sega would put into Judge to make this class the ultimate class, but I know it will have at least these three skills:

The Jury: allows the Judge to use the 'Main Class only' skills of his subclass as if they were his own. For example, if we had a Judge / Hunter, and if the Hunter had the Absorption skill developed, the Judge will be able to use this same ability.

The Executor: allows the Judge to use the native weapons of his subclass as if they were his own. For example, A Judge/Hunter will be able to use Sword, Partizan, Wired Lances and Gunslashes; a Judge/Ranger will be able to use Assault Rifles, Launchers and Gunslashes; and so on.

Judge Mag: Convert the total sum of your mag's ATK and DEX parameters into S-ATK, R-ATK, T-ATK and DEX.
S-ATK Conversion rate: 100%;
R-ATK Conversion rate: 100%;
T-ATK Conversion rate: 100%;
DEX Conversion rate: 100%

As for the remaining skills, these will be focused on making the subclass work in a smooth and improved way. The goal will be that the Judge/class combo must be equal to or better than the class/subclass combo that we have at the moment.

All this will bring benefits to Sega. The main benefits in my opinion will be:

No new weapons. That's a given.
No new mechanics for old weapons, only enhancements and tweaks (maybe).
Remember that class you didn't touch because you didn't have the mag for it? Now you will be able to develop that class to your heart's content.
And with this, Sega will be able to say that they delivered: "play with your favorite weapon and class".

In any case, I just wanted to get this out of my mind, because it has been there fluttering for a long time. And if Sega decides to follow another route to present to the third Successor Class, then it will be a pleasant surprise. I would like to see it.

Cheers.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 16, 2019, 02:33 AM
so essentially every class but twice as strong? I like the name but i dont see them doing this. It's honestly a great concept but I feel they'll need to do a lot more to it to make people impressed enough to play it.

[Ayumi]
Apr 16, 2019, 02:38 AM
Wouldn't the name that better fit be Vanguard?
I mean the "be all end all" class in PSP2/PSP2i was the Vanguard.

If I could make the class like a RAmarl (Rifles, Spread/Launcher, Mechs, Some Techs, some Melee weps), I would be super happy if they ever do something like this.

XrosBlader821
Apr 16, 2019, 02:40 AM
Yeah I don't think the class would work that well.

Weaponslash
Apr 16, 2019, 05:36 AM
Its only 6+months early but place your bets on the weapons it will use (assuming the 1 of each attack type "rule" we got this far)
will it be dual sabers so it can join the cool club of main protagonist weapons along with sword/katana?
will they repurpose jet boots for it so it can become fuel for triggering katori during cutscenes?
will they somehow give tact to it so pietro can have more furiendos?
only you can figure it out

memes aside knuckles/jb+whatever here or i bring out the pitchforks

quickasker
Apr 16, 2019, 06:03 AM
Sega releasing new successor class without groping everyone's AC for new mag? Yeah nah.

Introducing: Compound Mag (or whatever it's called as long as it's not obtainable without making new character or spending on AC shop).
gotta keep business stay rollin'

XrosBlader821
Apr 16, 2019, 06:04 AM
Knux, Launcher and Wands to run with a "heavy hitting" theme :wacko:

Sega releasing new successor class without groping everyone's AC for new mag? Yeah nah.

Introducing: Compound Mag (or whatever it's called as long as it's not obtainable without making new character or spending on AC shop).
gotta keep business stay rollin'

You're not meant to use all 3 weapons as a phantom btw. not having Dex mag on PH is completely fine.

Kintama
Apr 16, 2019, 06:52 AM
Jet boots and Bow: Shoot arrows while dancing in the air thank you

Dark Mits
Apr 16, 2019, 08:14 AM
Sega releasing new successor class without groping everyone's AC for new mag? Yeah nah.Imagine if the next Mag skill did this: Adds up all the DEF values of your mag and adds them to S-ATK, R-ATK, T-ATK and DEX.

Tymek
Apr 16, 2019, 08:16 AM
Knux, Launcher and Wands to run with a "heavy hitting" theme :wacko:

You're not meant to use all 3 weapons as a phantom btw. not having Dex mag on PH is completely fine.
What makes you say that?

XrosBlader821
Apr 16, 2019, 08:27 AM
What makes you say that?

Have you checked out the skill tree already? there is not enough SP to max all Essential skills without gimping your DPS or class mechanic. For now you pretty much have to pick and choose one weapon. Well that and there is no game mechanic benefiting from using all 3 weapons. There is no Gear gain Decay that decreases when switching weapons. No weapon switching PA's. You can mono Weapon Phantom easily.

Zephyrion
Apr 16, 2019, 08:28 AM
What makes you say that?

SEGA said that all 3 weapons would be self-sufficient BUT don't trust them as they said the same for Hero, and...huh... Talis and TMG mobbing ended up being literally non-existent. from what we have seen Phantom rod better have the sustain for mobbing techs coz none of the PAs so far really do cut it for mobbing. The other weapons seem fine-ish but time will tell

silo1991
Apr 16, 2019, 08:59 AM
an amplifier of standard classes , interesting

i mention my class idea in other post called the crusader : i want a class that uses partizans , wands and gunslash .also it uses a shield in the armor section or can be a default shield(s) like the knight of DFO

partizans for emulate the romans fighting style , from my perpective partizans are the 2nd least used weapon in the game after gunslash (in my expirience every time i see hunters they always use swords or wire lances but never partizans hell i even suck with those)

wands for emulate the templar knights (and scream by the pope ), maybe having the elemental conversion passive of the bouncer JB and every certain number of hit it do an surrounding elemental explosion

gunslash for emulate anti riot police, for this one should be mostly range purposes , and 1 or 2 contact PA for keep at bay the enemy

and for mag it can convert the respective ATK to their respective DEF at 100% (example MAG S-atk convert it into S-def) in case of DEX build apply 50% to all DEF

TheFanaticViper
Apr 16, 2019, 09:07 AM
As a huge fan of Ace Attorney games i like the name :D

Here are some skills for the Judge (with absolutely 0 concept behind, just existing skills mixed with juridic things lol)

- Lawyer stance
- Prosecutor stance
- Cross-examination Time
- Objection finisher
- Evidence lovers
- Guilty will
- Courtroom field

Dark Priest
Apr 16, 2019, 10:45 AM
Have you checked out the skill tree already? there is not enough SP to max all Essential skills without gimping your DPS or class mechanic. For now you pretty much have to pick and choose one weapon. Well that and there is no game mechanic benefiting from using all 3 weapons. There is no Gear gain Decay that decreases when switching weapons. No weapon switching PA's. You can mono Weapon Phantom easily.

That's good to know because right now rifle is a serious issue for me and i'd rather just skip having one entirely if possible for it. I thought it was going to be another hero clone and have you needing to switch all 3 just to be effective.

But if they are going this weapons mix route then the need for gunslash (i don't know why they love promoting this weapon but rarely see a huge use out of it) wand and one of the fighter weapons would be the picks for the 3rd class.

[Ayumi]
Apr 16, 2019, 11:47 AM
SEGA said that all 3 weapons would be self-sufficient BUT don't trust them as they said the same for Hero, and...huh... Talis and TMG mobbing ended up being literally non-existent. from what we have seen Phantom rod better have the sustain for mobbing techs coz none of the PAs so far really do cut it for mobbing. The other weapons seem fine-ish but time will tell

I play Hero wrong then, and I'm fine with that.
Mechs - Mobbing mostly except in certain situations where I would use the Sword.
Sword - Boss.
Cards - Hero Time/Finish on a boss.

That's good to know because right now rifle is a serious issue for me and i'd rather just skip having one entirely if possible for it. I thought it was going to be another hero clone and have you needing to switch all 3 just to be effective.

But if they are going this weapons mix route then the need for gunslash (i don't know why they love promoting this weapon but rarely see a huge use out of it) wand and one of the fighter weapons would be the picks for the 3rd class.

I'm the same with Katana. That's my most hated weapon in this game next to the daggers.

Ezodagrom
Apr 16, 2019, 12:09 PM
I'm looking at the skill tree now and there's only 4 weapon specific skills, and each of them costs 1 SP.
Quick Cut for katana, Bullseye for rifle, Ambivalence and Phantom Talis S Charge for rod (though I'm not sure if Sprint Tech Charge and Stealth Tech Charge can be used with all weapons).

Other than those, from what I'm seeing all the other skills can be used with any of the Phantom weapons.

XrosBlader821
Apr 16, 2019, 12:31 PM
I'm looking at the skill tree now and there's only 4 weapon specific skills, and each of them costs 1 SP.
Quick Cut for katana, Bullseye for rifle, Ambivalence and Phantom Talis S Charge for rod (though I'm not sure if Sprint Tech Charge and Stealth Tech Charge can be used with all weapons).

Other than those, from what I'm seeing all the other skills can be used with any of the Phantom weapons.
Yeah but how many SP there are on weapon specific skills is not the point. You're around 5~10 sp short in getting all relevant skills for DPS purposes if you're going with a tri-weapon build (which is still weaker than a mono weapon build thanks to unit affixes). However when going Mono Weapon you only have to drop Attack Jellen level 3~5 and Critical Stream (which in itself is a DPS gimp). And that doesn't change the fact that there is still no point in playing all 3 weapons since there is no gameplay mechanic forcing you to switch weapons like with hr. All 3 weapons do the same thing differently, Build up markers and detonating them. Doing a tri-weapon build atm is just a DPS loss.

Dark Mits
Apr 16, 2019, 12:37 PM
I am not into theorycrafting, but would it be possible for a build to exist that does not take the 5% damage from High Level Bonus? Or is it in every single build the best skill to take?

ArcaneTechs
Apr 16, 2019, 12:57 PM

I need Lord of Thorn values this is whats messing with my tree atm. I have 2/3 picked tho for my build but from what im guessing one of the 3 (i want to say rod) will build up the gauge or marks quicker

Ezodagrom
Apr 16, 2019, 04:26 PM
Yeah but how many SP there are on weapon specific skills is not the point. You're around 5~10 sp short in getting all relevant skills for DPS purposes if you're going with a tri-weapon build (which is still weaker than a mono weapon build thanks to unit affixes). However when going Mono Weapon you only have to drop Attack Jellen level 3~5 and Critical Stream (which in itself is a DPS gimp). And that doesn't change the fact that there is still no point in playing all 3 weapons since there is no gameplay mechanic forcing you to switch weapons like with hr. All 3 weapons do the same thing differently, Build up markers and detonating them. Doing a tri-weapon build atm is just a DPS loss.
Hmm, I see, for players with great affixes and equipment it makes sense to go with just 1 of the weapons.
Though I guess for more casual players like myself, going for the 3 weapons is still fine.
Personally I'm thinking about sacrificing either the jellen related skills or lord of thorn (depending on the lord of thorn values), and also the 2 skills that rely on max PP (since I don't have the patience to deal with anything other than very simple affixes, my PP is usually only around the 160~180 range depending on the class).

Zephyrion
Apr 16, 2019, 06:16 PM
Hmm, I see, for players with great affixes and equipment it makes sense to go with just 1 of the weapons.
Though I guess for more casual players like myself, going for the 3 weapons is still fine.
Personally I'm thinking about sacrificing either the jellen related skills or lord of thorn (depending on the lord of thorn values), and also the 2 skills that rely on max PP (since I don't have the patience to deal with anything other than very simple affixes, my PP is usually only around the 160~180 range depending on the class).

going tri-weapon is mostly fine, mainly because tons of affixes give all ATK (if you got a *15, it takes 40-50 ATK to lose 1% damage, so unless your units are literally mono-stat, the total loss shouldn't amount to more than 5%, )so you just need your sub stats to not lag behind too hard, also similarly to Hero some of the weapon skills don't seem to do all that much so ultimately, you could achieve a very good tri weapon performance without doing tons of effort

That and again I'd rather wait and see the values, AoE, invuls and so on of each weapon before saying something definitive about whether or not you should main or multi-weapon

So yeah before making any decision it's better to wait and see how things pan out o/ !

Reilet
Apr 16, 2019, 08:17 PM
You're around 5~10 sp short in getting all relevant skills for DPS purposes if you're going with a tri-weapon build.

You don't say eh?
[spoiler-box]https://i.imgur.com/2kkVY2X.png[/spoiler-box]

ArcaneTechs
Apr 16, 2019, 10:30 PM
You don't say eh?
[spoiler-box]https://i.imgur.com/2kkVY2X.png[/spoiler-box]

>missing Dodge PP Gain
>maxing Lord of Thorn when we don't even know how fast Marker Accumulation is yet to justify the max dmg from this skill
>maxing Crit Stream implying anyone would be dumb enough to do a 300pp build while losing out on other stats

need them values, this build wont be final

XrosBlader821
Apr 17, 2019, 01:05 AM
>missing Dodge PP Gain
>maxing Lord of Thorn when we don't even know how fast Marker Accumulation is yet to justify the max dmg from this skill
>maxing Crit Stream implying anyone would be dumb enough to do a 300pp build while losing out on other stats

need them values, this build wont be final

Dont forget
>missing out on Jellen redress
>not leveling Tech charge JA addition which is pretty important for tech gameplay
>not leveling step roll advance makingyour step garbage outside of Phantom time

Poyonche
Apr 17, 2019, 01:08 AM
But... Isn't Step Roll Advance supposed to be a default skill ?

Reilet
Apr 17, 2019, 01:22 AM
>Dodge pp gain doesn’t help with dps. You can easily get pp back regardless.
>Lord of Throns i’m also iffy about but it’s going to help dps wise.
>Not investing in crit stream regardless of if you have 300 pp will be a dps loss. It’s an extra damage boost no matter what. It doesn’t mean you need to specifically spec into it to make it good.

>Jellen redress ONLY buffs the Jellen. AKA, making you take even less damage from something that already reduces it by a very little amount. Now if it actually gave a damage bonus, you can just get rid of the stealth or run tech skill.
>Tech charge JA ONLY makes it easier to get a JA. You don’t need it to do a JA.
>Having Step Roll Advance only makes it slightly easier to dodge which DOESN’T help with dps. You can dodge perfectly fine without it.

milranduil
Apr 17, 2019, 01:29 AM
>Having Step Roll Advance only makes it slightly easier to dodge which DOESN’T help with dps. You can dodge perfectly fine without it.

you telling me if hero had the same thing, you wouldn't 100% be taking it?

XrosBlader821
Apr 17, 2019, 01:40 AM
>Tech charge JA ONLY makes it easier to get a JA. You don’t need it to do a JA.

You're basically saying a chance of losing damage is better than eliminating that chance entirely.

You mean avoiding damage and not getting kocked back or staggered doesn't boost DPS?
Have you missed what the skill "Dodge Counter Shot" does too?

quickasker
Apr 17, 2019, 01:53 AM
boi gotta have fun in UH with those dem resist/shield thingies. i hope it's cripple 90% dmg or at least like Anga's resist so it'll be really fun to play just one weapon type amirite

But... Isn't Step Roll Advance supposed to be a default skill ?

from recent vid pretty sure it's colored as default. not really sure tho.

--
btw just notice arks-layer had skill sim update. still have 10 points left: https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?18cAbMIobMIobMIobMIobMIobMIobMIobMIo bMIobMIobMIo0jdodBdo006dBdBIb00000006dodA00fdAdBIo 000000jdoIbIb00dAdBIo000000jdoIb00dBdBIb000000dB00 6dBdBIb0000008dBIn00jdndBdB0000009bIoIo07bfdBdB000 000doIbIo00dBdBIb000000jdB00dndBdB000006dBIo9b8dAI oIb000006dBdBeBdBqBHOeB2OdsrFIndArBrF000000f

Reilet
Apr 17, 2019, 02:37 AM
You're basically saying a chance of losing damage is better than eliminating that chance entirely.

You mean avoiding damage and not getting kocked back or staggered doesn't boost DPS?
Have you missed what the skill "Dodge Counter Shot" does too?

There wouldn’t be a chance of losing damage if you just didn’t miss your JA in the first place. And why do you think I have Dodge Counter Shot maxed. You don’t need a bigger chance of dodging something to dodge something

you telling me if hero had the same thing, you wouldn't 100% be taking it?

Honestly, it’s up in the air for me to have since stealth and run tech charge are both equally not as useful dps wise. If it was something free to take without losing anything more important on hero, sure. But, never used it on any classes simply because i never had that much trouble dodging with the default dodge. A personal preference, but still a choice I stand by.

XrosBlader821
Apr 17, 2019, 04:06 AM
There wouldn’t be a chance of losing damage if you just didn’t miss your JA in the first place. And why do you think I have Dodge Counter Shot maxed. You don’t need a bigger chance of dodging something to dodge something

Enjoy your 0.05s step then and never getting Dodge counter shot active because level 0 step is terrible with Hr being the only exception.

TheFanaticViper
Apr 17, 2019, 08:56 AM
And that doesn't change the fact that there is still no point in playing all 3 weapons since there is no gameplay mechanic forcing you to switch weapons like with hr. All 3 weapons do the same thing differently, Build up markers and detonating them. Doing a tri-weapon build atm is just a DPS loss.

Hero switching PA is a fail ? almost nobody use it so they gave up this thing for phantom. That doesn't mean a 3 weapons build will not worth it

KaizoKage
Apr 17, 2019, 11:10 AM
wait, was it already stated that it'll be a new successor class this winter?

Anduril
Apr 17, 2019, 11:16 AM
wait, was it already stated that it'll be a new successor class this winter?

Yeah, it was during PSO2 Station #29 as part of the Roadmap. I don't know if it was specified that it was a Successor Class, but at this point it can be assumed that they likely won't add new basic classes.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 17, 2019, 11:28 AM
Hero switching PA is a fail ? almost nobody use it so they gave up this thing for phantom. That doesn't mean a 3 weapons build will not worth it

If you werent already cycling through HRs weps during play ive got something to tell you...

Sriracha X
Apr 17, 2019, 11:42 AM

Even though I do utilize the weapon switch PAs to swap weapons, I wish there was a little more incentive to use them for the weapon swap vs swapping to another pallette besides for gaining gear. Sometimes you can get locked in the swap animation (depending on latency?) which can be a dps loss. They're buffing the damage you deal during the animation for every weapon swap PA - if it's a big bump then that would definitely make using the swap parts useful

XrosBlader821
Apr 17, 2019, 12:08 PM
Even though I do utilize the weapon switch PAs to swap weapons, I wish there was a little more incentive to use them for the weapon swap vs swapping to another pallette besides for gaining gear. Sometimes you can get locked in the swap animation (depending on latency?) which can be a dps loss. They're buffing the damage you deal during the animation for every weapon swap PA - if it's a big bump then that would definitely make using the swap parts useful

Yes, weapon swap animation gets locked in when the server lags. but I wonder how big of a bump that buff gonna be as well.

ZerotakerZX
Apr 18, 2019, 01:56 AM
Good imagination, friend. Nice see when someone in the community still able to flow with some phantasia, instead of toxins.

But I also thing 'play with your favorite weapon' concept needs a class that excels in gunslash. It's a fine enough weapon on it's own, just not damage dealing enough.

Dark Mits
Apr 18, 2019, 02:23 AM
Gunslash is inferior for the exact same reason Sub units are worse than Rear, Arm and Legs; they're supposed to be equipment that does not have restrictions. It's standard game design for something with fewer restrictions to be inferior than something with higher restrictions.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 18, 2019, 02:25 AM
Gunslash is inferior for the exact same reason Sub units are worse than Rear, Arm and Legs; they're supposed to be equipment that does not have restrictions. It's standard game design for something with fewer restrictions to be inferior than something with higher restrictions.

im still inclined the new class will have GS as one of its weps because of the new director. could be wrong though and they dont do it.

NightlightPro
Apr 18, 2019, 12:40 PM
yes, Gunslasher class

because GS has so much potential but it's still weak with actual classes

Zorak000
Apr 19, 2019, 04:02 PM
while it's fun to speculate, there was an interview with the ep6 director that came out earlier where at the end they tried to see what he could say about the next class, and all he could say was "it's a successor class and it will use three weapons"

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/912/1912495/

obviously which three are still subject to speculation though

XrosBlader821
Apr 19, 2019, 05:23 PM
while it's fun to speculate, there was an interview with the ep6 director that came out earlier where at the end they tried to see what he could say about the next class, and all he could say was "it's a successor class and it will use three weapons"

Speaking of interviews, I don't remember which one it was (famitsu, dengeki, 4gamer) but one of them seems to have hinted at a crafting system revival. Maybe we'll see more in the upcoming PSO2 station featuring UH and Armada EQ breakdown.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 19, 2019, 05:50 PM
Speaking of interviews, I don't remember which one it was (famitsu, dengeki, 4gamer) but one of them seems to have hinted at a crafting system revival. Maybe we'll see more in the upcoming PSO2 station featuring UH and Armada EQ breakdown.

>craft 13☆ weapons
>people think theyll surpass 14 &15☆ gear
>craft 12☆ units
>crafting LS units makes them worse
>BOs crafting skill is the only thing that benefits the most from this

Honestly wish they would scrap crafting weps/units and allow something like crafting a Native PA onto a 13☆ weapon of choice (a max of 1-3)

Dark Priest
Apr 19, 2019, 07:50 PM

It would take something major to revive crafting, it didn't last long and even they know it's useless now considering they had to make the gold items be used for the current weapons, so it's not just useless items clogging up space. (or for selling) The biggest mistake was making units for example lose their unique traits that was just easily and quickly replaced.

The only way crafting can work is if they have some unique and strong abilites, OR make old, outdated units become side grades to current 12 stars, like if you liked older units you can bring them up, but we'll see if they follow through with it. but personally, i don't see crafting going anywhere.

[Ayumi]
Apr 20, 2019, 04:44 PM

So far it's...
Sword, Twin Mechs, Cards
Rifle, Rod, Katana

I would hope for Spear, Launcher, Boots.

Anduril
Apr 20, 2019, 06:48 PM
I may be going crazy, but I swear that I remember during the livestream someone mentioned that the director said that he wanted to use Twin Daggers and Jet Boots for the next successor class. Combine those with Bow and we could get some kind of ninja themed class.

ZerotakerZX
Apr 21, 2019, 12:55 PM
I may be going crazy, but I swear that I remember during the livestream someone mentioned that the director said that he wanted to use Twin Daggers and Jet Boots for the next successor class. Combine those with Bow and we could get some kind of ninja themed class.Or use boots with knux, it'll give us some kind of brawler. DMC5 had something like this btw.

cheapgunner
Apr 21, 2019, 01:08 PM
Crafting could be legit if the next successor class can wear 2 sets of units with 2x the stats on them without losing their tratis and boost the power of crafted PAs by a fair chunk. I would totally go for something like that.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 21, 2019, 01:35 PM
Crafting could be legit if the next successor class can wear 2 sets of units with 2x the stats on them without losing their tratis and boost the power of crafted PAs by a fair chunk. I would totally go for something like that.

please, I dont want a class revolved around crafting only for it to be be utter trash once better gear is out. BO suffered enough for this

Poyonche
Apr 21, 2019, 05:20 PM
I may be going crazy, but I swear that I remember during the livestream someone mentioned that the director said that he wanted to use Twin Daggers and Jet Boots for the next successor class. Combine those with Bow and we could get some kind of ninja themed class.

Man I'm pretty sure I heard that too

cheapgunner
Apr 21, 2019, 05:38 PM
please, I dont want a class revolved around crafting only for it to be be utter trash once better gear is out. BO suffered enough for this

If only crafting was handled better and updated properly. >:-(

But wearing 2 sets of units would be ok (You didn't strike that idea down atm >.<)?

XrosBlader821
Apr 21, 2019, 06:06 PM
If only crafting was handled better and updated properly. >:-(

But wearing 2 sets of units would be ok (You didn't strike that idea down atm >.<)?

Yeah because wasting twice as much item pack slots on units is fun. Even more fun if you're a cast since your costume always takes up 3 item pack slots unlike other races where its just 1.

People already cry about an optional Dex mag on Ph, don't think we should one up it by a class that "incentives" people to increase the item pack.

ZerotakerZX
Apr 22, 2019, 04:19 PM
Yeah because wasting twice as much item pack slots on units is fun. Even more fun if you're a cast since your costume always takes up 3 item pack slots unlike other races where its just 1.

People already cry about an optional Dex mag on Ph, don't think we should one up it by a class that "incentives" people to increase the item pack.

I never had issues with item pack. I mean there weren't a single instance I wasn't able to take everything I want with me. I have chars with 100 items limit and 50 items limit. The only difference is that with 50 items chars I have access inventory to sent loot into storage twice as often. Which takes 3 seconds anyway.

XrosBlader821
Apr 22, 2019, 05:12 PM
I never had issues with item pack. I mean there weren't a single instance I wasn't able to take everything I want with me. I have chars with 100 items limit and 50 items limit. The only difference is that with 50 items chars I have access inventory to sent loot into storage twice as often. Which takes 3 seconds anyway.

That's beside the point.
Yes you have no problems with loot now. This hypothetical class would have more issues with that and even with sending to storage taking 3 seconds people would be pissed off about that regardless because it'd feel like Sega is strong arming them to buy Item pack expansions or drop the class. Like I said, people are already crying rivers due to a optional Dex mag.

ZerotakerZX
Apr 23, 2019, 12:22 AM
That's beside the point.
Yes you have no problems with loot now. This hypothetical class would have more issues with that and even with sending to storage taking 3 seconds people would be pissed off about that regardless because it'd feel like Sega is strong arming them to buy Item pack expansions or drop the class. Like I said, people are already crying rivers due to a optional Dex mag.
Nope, super on point. Donate to remove progress blocks is the very point of bad f2p models.

Look at current AC scrathes instead. DEX mags for Phantoms is most certainly made to make munny.

Dark Mits
Apr 23, 2019, 01:14 AM
The only difference is that with 50 items chars I have access inventory to sent loot into storage twice as often. Which takes 3 seconds anyway.It is actually a lot worse. If your "items that I must have on me at all times" take up 30 slots (equipment, boosts, consumables, etc.), then a 50slot character has just 20 room before needing to empty again, while a 100slot has 70. That means that the 50slot character has to empty bags at least 3.5x as often, which is exacerbated if some of those items are stackable materials (Kressida / Franca / Daily Order / grinders / etc.). It was not rare during Elzelion to be needing to drop stuff to the bank 5 times during crystal pickup.

DrCatco
Apr 23, 2019, 02:26 AM
It is actually a lot worse. If your "items that I must have on me at all times" take up 30 slots (equipment, boosts, consumables, etc.), then a 50slot character has just 20 room before needing to empty again, while a 100slot has 70. That means that the 50slot character has to empty bags at least 3.5x as often, which is exacerbated if some of those items are stackable materials (Kressida / Franca / Daily Order / grinders / etc.). It was not rare during Elzelion to be needing to drop stuff to the bank 5 times during crystal pickup.

Hi! I'm happy to see that this thread got some attention, even if it started with one of my silly ideas.

As a Cast Ranger, I'm usually carrying 18 - 21 items, including 3 weapons, parts, units, 3 rings, di-, trimates, sol- moon-, star atomizers, some food and boosters (if there's an EQ), telepipes and halfdolls.

I would like to say that I have learned to discern between what I should gather and what I should not, depending on what kind of mission I am. EQ? Everything to storage. COs? Only the pertinent items, and rares (if any). Fishing, gathering? Only those items. It also helps to clean your storage every time an EQ ends, and each time you log out. All in all, it is not so bad, and those actions become a routine after some time.

Dark Mits
Apr 23, 2019, 02:40 AM
Hi! I'm happy to see that this thread got some attention, even if it started with one of my silly ideas.

As a Cast Ranger, I'm usually carrying 18 - 21 items, including 3 weapons, parts, units, 3 rings, di-, trimates, sol- moon-, star atomizers, some food and boosters (if there's an EQ), telepipes and halfdolls.

I would like to say that I have learned to discern between what I should gather and what I should not, depending on what kind of mission I am. EQ? Everything to storage. COs? Only the pertinent items, and rares (if any). Fishing, gathering? Only those items. It also helps to clean your storage every time an EQ ends, and each time you log out. All in all, it is not so bad, and those actions become a routine after some time.I'm at a similar situation:
3 weapons + Umbla Stick (4)
3 units + 2 rings (5)
3 Cast parts + weapon camo (4)
Monomate, Dimate, Trimate, Sol, Moon, Meseta Boost, RDR Boost, EXP Boost, Triboost, Atk+PP NPC food, Jerky, Karaage (12-15)
Telepipe, Halfdoll (2).
That's 27-30 for all-purpose content like Free Fields. Of course depending on what I run, some items are stored in bank (for example being Techer I can afford to put all mates and sols in the bank). Meseta Boost is not taken in EQs, Jerky is used at campship unless it will expire soon etc.

ZerotakerZX
Apr 23, 2019, 04:28 AM
I'm at a similar situation:
3 units + 2 rings (5)
Monomate, Dimate, Trimate, Sol, Moon, Meseta Boost, RDR Boost, EXP Boost, Triboost, Atk+PP NPC food, Jerky, Karaage (12-15)
Telepipe, Halfdoll (2).
That's 27-30 for all-purpose content like Free Fields. Of course depending on what I run, some items are stored in bank (for example being Techer I can afford to put all mates and sols in the bank). Meseta Boost is not taken in EQs, Jerky is used at campship unless it will expire soon etc.

I think you just bad at management. Carry food on hand that lasts for like 30 minutes and can stack to 90? Really unwise. Weird you don't carry EXP tickets around.

[Ayumi]
Apr 23, 2019, 06:49 AM
I'm at a similar situation:
3 units + 2 rings (5)
Telepipe, Halfdoll (2).

I have 2 casts and I have to say...

This I understand as I do this as well. Sometimes an emperor axeon as well (but I usually have that in storage) when preparing for a Magatsu Ticket.

3 units + 2 rings (5)
Another standard

This one I usually have more. 1 camo but at least 6 or 7 in Cast parts/outfits.

Mono/Di/Tri/Sol/Moon I understand. Meseta/EXP should at least be in your storage until you need them. These are not something you will use THAT frequently at all. Food you should just use up what you will need for the most during a situation (and if in marathon mode, just eat until you get max time to not have to worry for a while).

Telepipe, Halfdoll (2)
Once again understandable.

Dark Mits
Apr 23, 2019, 07:32 AM
That's general purpose. For targetted content it can be very lower:
1 Weapon only
3 units + 2 rings
Only Arm and Leg parts (no rear, no weapon camo)
Only Moons, RDR, Triboost, and possibly some EX variant as well, and Karaage
Halfdoll.

That's 13-15.

XrosBlader821
Apr 23, 2019, 08:04 AM
none of you carry Monkey King Bar?

KaizoKage
Apr 23, 2019, 08:35 AM

And Vraolet

XrosBlader821
Apr 23, 2019, 09:54 AM
And Vraolet

I can understand that one since it's more situational but there is little to no negative in running around with the Bar 24/7.

Dark Mits
Apr 23, 2019, 09:58 AM
The items need to be equipped for their potentials to kick in, right? It doesn't work just by having it in my backpack.

final_attack
Apr 23, 2019, 10:17 AM
The items need to be equipped for their potentials to kick in, right? It doesn't work just by having it in my backpack.

A charm for Zieg (CO) should give the effect of MKB and Vraolet as long as you have it in backpack.
Careful with Vraolet in case you don't want all rare dropped untekked. It ate a ton of money (for some, I'm one of those)

[Ayumi]
Apr 23, 2019, 12:29 PM

I do (And Vraolet) on my main. On my cast? No.
My main has 100 inventory space while my Casts have the 50.

SteveCZ
Apr 23, 2019, 07:11 PM
Careful with Vraolet in case you don't want all rare dropped untekked. It ate a ton of money (for some, I'm one of those)

This.

MightyHarken
Apr 28, 2019, 08:39 AM
I like the idea. I absolutely hate being told what to use. I would have loved phantom if I could also use my launcher in a cool way, i'll be back on ranger soon enough.

KaizoKage
Apr 28, 2019, 10:08 AM
I got used to using Vraolet since forever. I should stop bringing it :v