PDA

View Full Version : Where is the fun?

Asellus
Apr 29, 2019, 07:06 AM
This game is a cash grab, nothing more, seriously. It has been for a long time and for a long time they've been losing players. They could introduce as many classes as they like but it won't change the fundamental problems of PSO2. Power boosters, stamina boosters, blah blah blah, none of it matters, everything dies in like one hit and everyone can carry moons so what's the fucking point?

The difficulty in this game is nonexistent and players are handed everything. As soon as some new weapon or drop arrives it's almost immediately replaced, completely diminishing whatever time and effort put forth. I haven't been on PSO2 in months, a new class was just released and really, who gives a fuck? I wouldn't be surprised if they call it quits after episode 6.

Content gets recycled to the point where one realizes that PSO2 was never intended to be a proper RPG but a sad, fucking, cash grab. Facts.

XrosBlader821
Apr 29, 2019, 07:36 AM
This game is a cash grab, nothing more, seriously. It has been for a long time and for a long time they've been losing players. They could introduce as many classes as they like but it won't change the fundamental problems of PSO2. Power boosters, stamina boosters, blah blah blah, none of it matters, everything dies in like one hit and everyone can carry moons so what's the fucking point?

Time Attack, High Scores, beating your personal best.
Also what power boosters? lmao

I haven't been on PSO2 in months, a new class was just released and really, who gives a fuck?
https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/jJ-1Rl6yBy1--ejpsyijH01LT21B5yS4SWi8p63Vvhw/https/cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/233728135651131392/570564893431037962/pso20190424_190045_001.jpg?width=256&height=480
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/559792091903950849/572401112397905922/ClBG7uW9Tzepz1yG_zy0UQ.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/373187321534873620/572035850158735381/unknown.png

These people do!

Content gets recycled to the point where one realizes that PSO2 was never intended to be a proper RPG but a sad, fucking, cash grab. Facts.
Game is a cashgrab despite being free. facts.

Ransu
Apr 29, 2019, 07:40 AM

The difficulty in this game is nonexistent and players are handed everything. As soon as some new weapon or drop arrives it's almost immediately replaced, completely diminishing whatever time and effort put forth. I haven't been on PSO2 in months, a new class was just released and really, who gives a fuck? I wouldn't be surprised if they call it quits after episode 6.

The point of those boosters is for people who want them to min-max their gear/stats/whatever. You might not care about it but some do. Sure, you can pay money for things to get items like Ability Slot Protection or Boosters but it doesn't bloody matter. You don't NEED these things. The game is meant to be casual friendly and has been getting more so like this over the years so yeah some things are handed out for free like literal 12* unit sets and weapons. Maybe you weren't aware but during Episode 5 when 14* became the meta you could essentially use whatever you wanted weapon wise until 15* came about because the 14* pool had more than enough options. And even now some still have use so not every weapon needs to outright be replaced, not to mention crafting getting a supposed update. If it's that big of a deal for you to replace weapons I hope you realize weapons from here on appear to just be side upgrades or things that just change how class behavior functions

And if you want content just be patient. We aren't even a week into Episode 6 yet. Calm down man.

Lostbob117
Apr 29, 2019, 07:46 AM
This thread suck. Facts

TheFanaticViper
Apr 29, 2019, 07:52 AM
Ah that good old Asellus, i missed his "clever" reflexions :D

BloodPuddles
Apr 29, 2019, 08:17 AM
The fun is in the salon.

Kintama
Apr 29, 2019, 08:24 AM

Yeah no, EP5 did a very good job with difficulty, go to enchanted forest right now and give me a call when you can one hit a golem.

ChaosX368
Apr 29, 2019, 09:09 AM
Nice b8 op.

Shoterxx
Apr 29, 2019, 09:29 AM
To be honest, PSO2 might be a cash grab, but it's one of those games where you can easily get the near-full experience without spending one dime.
Also, it has one of the better customization systems out there.
Also also, combat is actually fun, and not a clunky mess like many others.
Also also also, I have never spent a cent, and yet, I have way too many boosters lying around in my storage. That I'll probably never even use.

I honestly just have fun slowly improving over time. You can just say that the game is not for you, but being easy or hard doesn't necessarily make a game good or bad. Not everything needs to be a Souls game. It just means it's for a specific target audience.

Episode 6, IMHO, seems better than the previous previous ones. Summoner is gimmicky, and Hero's somewhat limited and brain dead compared to the previous classes. Phantom actually allows sub-classing for mix-matching, and the weapons themselves are fairly more complex. I still don't like how straight-forward the skill tree is, but I can certainly live with it.

BloodPuddles
Apr 29, 2019, 11:31 AM
I hate that I missed this the first time.

It's in the excube exchange shop.

[Ayumi]
Apr 29, 2019, 12:03 PM
https://i.imgur.com/4A9SIpe.png
Here you go.

ZerotakerZX
Apr 29, 2019, 12:16 PM
Well, kinda fair points. Even if they are put a bit out of proportions and ignores goods points, that are also present.

SteveCZ
Apr 29, 2019, 12:32 PM
;3462881']https://i.imgur.com/4A9SIpe.png
Here you go.

Good evidence that you're having a lot of, fun.

GHNeko
Apr 29, 2019, 02:30 PM
here's your response op
enjoy

Dark Mits
Apr 29, 2019, 02:58 PM
Many answers have been posted, but there are some points that I feel are somewhat true and can be expanded on:

They could introduce as many classes as they like but it won't change the fundamental problems of PSO2. Power boosters, stamina boosters, blah blah blah, none of it matters, everything dies in like one hit and everyone can carry moons so what's the fucking point?The hidden issue here is that daily content is actually just that. With the exception of Forest XH, Caves XH and Coast XH, all other daily quests are indeed full with enemies that die in 1-hit at their highest difficulty, assuming a well built maxxed character. Not only that, but there is no really advantage of going XH Forest, Caves or Coast either except for personal fun, so the players who want to focus on reward/minute do not run those difficulties either.

The 4th daily quest is also possibly quite long if attempted solo on XH. But again, you don't see the majority going for it solo because reward/minute. There are certainty players who do it though.

The game does indeed contain content that is available at all times, that is difficult and requires effort to be completed. Again however, the issue is that there is no meaningful reward there.

The catch from this complaint is that the carrot-on-the-stick of daily content does not challenge players. Which I think is a legitimate concern.

As soon as some new weapon or drop arrives it's almost immediately replaced, completely diminishing whatever time and effort put forthWrong. We will be using Lightstream for as long as we used Zeinesis/Qliphad back in the day (over 12 months for some of us). The new upgrades are so miniscule and situational that they're not 100% upgrades anyway, but serve most of the time as catch up for newer players or alts. I don't think anyone replaced their Qliphad with Schvelle except for Buster Quests.

Content gets recycled to the point where one realizes that PSO2 was never intended to be a proper RPG but a sad, fucking, cash grab. Facts.PSO2 gets more frequent new content than any other online game I know, even from other genres. Name me a game that has more frequent new content, and still has many tens of thousands of people logging in on a daily basis.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 29, 2019, 03:36 PM
I haven't played the game in the last 3months-1yr+ but by lurking psow and other outlets I know better than anyone else that this game is dying, FACTS