Masu
May 15, 2019, 04:42 AM
decided to make a post purely for this.
well 3 fields launch today.
new mobs with shields.

anyone up for the challenge?
also i wonder if there would be titles for clearing them hehe

Made a single run as rifle Ph.
Heal nerf seems ok. My resta is roughly 1/2 from norrmal.
As expected mobs are mostly faster and more agressives damage sponges.
I've yet to see luminmechs, I don't even know if they spawn in desert (?).
The shields...dunno if it's annoying for melee class class but it didn't felt annoying 0.o
The new gwana in boss area isn't threatening at all and have a damn huge hp pool making the fight really boring.
XP is shiet. So are common drops x)

Those are just early thoughts but for a first impression, this is not very engaging:(

TakemiShinnosuke
May 15, 2019, 04:59 AM
anyone done hero yet on these fields?

rashoood
May 15, 2019, 05:47 AM
The mechs do spawn I did encounter them in the desert

Dark Priest
May 15, 2019, 05:48 AM
Made a single run as rifle Ph.
Heal nerf seems ok. My resta is roughly 1/2 from norrmal.
As expected mobs are mostly faster and more agressives damage sponges.
I've yet to see luminmechs, I don't even know if they spawn in desert (?).
The shields...dunno if it's annoying for melee class class but it didn't felt annoying 0.o
The new gwana in boss area isn't threatening at all and have a damn huge hp pool making the fight really boring.
XP is shiet. So are common drops x)

Those are just early thoughts but for a first impression, this is not very engaging:(

Yeah, one thing i was banking on was the XP being huge because i did expect damage sponge enemies. but for how long it takes for stuff to die i figured the xp would make up for it,

Not at all impressed with UH atm, the only saving grace is it does drop Excubes directly . but going to need more then that before i do it normally.

Gaylar
May 15, 2019, 06:09 AM
people in the runs I had had no difficulty melting mobs like normal; some of the bosses were actually threatening to the group though, moreso when shields were involved (mizer does not fuck around with the missiles, and higher level apostolo is a recipe for fun times)

really only thing that stood out to me was mizer, gwan and ringahda, along with luminmechs were completely forgettable

also attack from behind shield makes me very sad on hunter when literally everything and its mother will aggro me and stay aggroed, depending on what the trial is i basically have to sit there and deal with it to keep whatever's got the shield from moving too much so everyone else can wail on its ass, but that's about my only gripe and it's really not a big deal

an hour of this netted me like 100-something cubes without even really bothering to loot everything, im ok with it

Reilet
May 15, 2019, 06:45 AM
Burn is doing anywhere from 350k to 700k ticks on gwana. It’s so fun. As well as 30k ~ 100k on normal mobs

Tyreek
May 15, 2019, 06:56 AM
So it seems the UH Easter EQ, or perhaps Decente Draal, drops a new soul: Ex Ares Soul. Gives +20 to everything with 50 HP and 2 PP.

TakemiShinnosuke
May 15, 2019, 07:44 AM
So it seems the UH Easter EQ, or perhaps Decente Draal, drops a new soul: Ex Ares Soul. Gives +20 to everything with 50 HP and 2 PP.

yeah in UH everything hurts. Like you could get killed in one hit by some bosses. I am starting to feel that this is some what centered around Phantom and this is is just the start to it. The thing about Phantom is more about dodging then actually throwing hundreds and thousands of hits.

Edit: anyways video up in [Phantom vs Hero] with regards to Hero vs shield mobs

Ransu
May 15, 2019, 08:12 AM
yeah in UH everything hurts. Like you could get killed in one hit by some bosses. I am starting to feel that this is some what centered around Phantom and this is is just the start to it. The thing about Phantom is more about dodging then actually throwing hundreds and thousands of hits.

Edit: anyways video up in [Phantom vs Hero] with regards to Hero vs shield mobs

Saying UH is centered around Phantom seems rather crass considering every other class can still avoid attacks just fine.

silo1991
May 15, 2019, 08:24 AM
Burn is doing anywhere from 350k to 700k ticks on gwana. It’s so fun. As well as 30k ~ 100k on normal mobs

are you saying status effects might be relevant again :O

Crevox
May 15, 2019, 08:43 AM
I was there for like two hours and also ran the Easter. My opinion.

It's alright. It's a standard MPA. I've seen quite a few people say it's very hard, but at least roaming around in expert, it felt like a very standard MPA exploration. You just run around and kill mobs/codes. It didn't feel like anything did particularly much more damage than normal and everything died in a timely manner. I died once the whole time I was there and it was just Apostolo Dragon doing his explosion.

Regular monsters and bosses drop Excubes straight and also Weapon Badge SP. They added a couple things to try to spice up the standard MPA formula.

The shields on monsters make you think a little bit on how to approach them, which adds another dynamic to them. They aren't always there on regular monsters nor on bosses, only sometimes. I've seen:

-Attack from short range
-Attack from the air
-Attack from behind
-Attack from the front

If you don't, you get a noise and a small shield effect knowing you aren't fulfilling the shield conditions, and you hit for like 30-40% of normal damage or less. As summoner I basically only had to worry about the front/behind.

Code: Defeat adds little... minigames to rank you against other people when a boss or monsters spawn. It tallies up a score as you participate at the top of the screen and actively shows your rank above your head. Conditions I've seen:

-Combine your total damage (it just counts up how much damage you do)
-Deal damage without getting hit (same as the first one but you lose score if you take any hit, alter ego bricked this for me)
-Deal a maximum amount of damage (hit as hard as you can in one hit, it counted over 999,999 since I hit a 1.3mil Torim Spiral and got rank 1)
-Get last hits on monsters
-Break monster parts (Big Vardha spawned)

When the code finishes it pops up with score for the top 3 players. This was just a simple damage counting code.

https://i.imgur.com/YnUsKIV.png

The code reward seems to always be Excube x3 if you're rank 1, Excube x2 if you're rank 2/3, and Excube x1 otherwise. So, the reward is minor and it's just to try to add something interesting to the grind.

Managed to get one rainbow drop, the Mirage rod. Its SAF is Phrase Recovery.

https://i.imgur.com/7lRrnlB.png

As for Easter, it's the same thing besides the two bosses at the end. The regular monsters live longer, but not by too much. Vegas Illusia has a chance to be replaced by the new Gwanahda, and the boss at the end is always Drecente Draal, which seems to just be a differently colored Apostolo Dragon. If you get the Gwanahda it ends up being a faster run because he's really potato and a decent group should easily be able to one cycle his belly (break tentacles -> hit belly -> dead). Illusia has much more HP now.

The monsters had enough HP that I was only able to get 3 runs in both times, and while many more Excubes drop at the end, I didn't get a single rainbow out of all six runs, which is either very unlucky or there are reduced rates for the 13 stars.

New abilities that dropped (screenshot from a friend):

https://i.imgur.com/xMyVhsL.png

Exceed Energy seems to be weapon only and it could not be transferred with 3 of them.

Ultra Hard seems okay. I hope the Rappy Egg is out there.

Loveless62
May 15, 2019, 08:47 AM
There are other new souls and affixes:
- Ex Act Soul - +30 S-ATK, All DEF +20, HP +20, PP +2
- Ex Til Soul - R-ATK +30, All DEF +20, HP +20, PP +2
- Ex Magi Soul - T-ATK +30, All DEF +20, HP +20, PP +2
- Exceed Energy - All-ATK +50, DEX +20, All DEF +20, HP +20, PP +5
- Crack I (already announced) - All-ATK +3, All DEF +5, HP +5, PP +1
- Crack II - All-ATK +5, All DEF +10, HP +10, PP +1
- Crack III - All-ATK +10, All DEF +15, HP +15, PP +1
- more Crack ???

I couldn't find a way to transfer Exceed Energy, even with five fodders.
Crack I transfers at the following rates: 2 Crack I fodders 80%, 3 Crack I fodders 100%
Crack II synthesizes at the following rates: 2+ Crack I fodders 70%
Crack II transfers at : 2 Crack II fodders 70%, 3 Crack II fodders ? (didn't have time to check)
Crack III synthesizes at : 2 Crack II fodders 50%, 3 Crack II fodders ? (didn't have time to check)

I don't know any of the new Ex ??? Soul transfer rates.

Kondibon
May 15, 2019, 08:51 AM
The EX souls seem to have the same transfer rate as normal souls. I also heard you can use them to make the non ex versions at a 90% rate, but I don't know what you need for that if it's true.

the_importer_
May 15, 2019, 08:59 AM
So would you rank Ultra Hard? Between XH Forest/Volcanic Cave/Coast and Ultimate Naberius/Lilipa/Amduscia? (won't be able to try until tonight once I'm done with my dailies)

Crevox
May 15, 2019, 09:07 AM
So would you rank Ultra Hard? Between XH Forest/Volcanic Cave/Coast and Ultimate Naberius/Lilipa/Amduscia? (won't be able to try until tonight once I'm done with my dailies)

Stat wise the monsters are harder than all those. However, the regular monsters are all just potato darkers and lilipa mechs, no ultimate monsters, so I never really felt threatened at all. Worst thing that spawned is probably just those bugs that run at you in Mining defense, and it sometimes spawns a lot of monsters at once.

The new Gwanahda is mostly just a very tanky Gwanahda that takes very little damage (like 10%) if you don't hit his belly.

The new Transmizers only reveal their core after shooting their giant laser, and shoot elemented missiles... otherwise they just run around and do stuff like regular Transmizers.

Apostolo Dragon spawns and he's same as usual, more stats than ever so he hits pretty hard.

The new Blu Ringahda spawns a whole lot of tornados and projectiles, and has some other stuff, so him and Apostolo are probably the real threats, but Transmizer isn't irrelevant either. You can still knock him down by breaking his rings and then it's just free DPS time, he should die either the first or second time he goes down.

So mobbing wise, it's pretty easy, and if you can handle those bosses, then it will go just fine. I can't really rank it since I didn't participate in a lot of those fields on release. Can probably just treat it like a harder XH Desert Exploration with some stronger bosses.

Sriracha X
May 15, 2019, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the write-up, Crevox. I'm at work so I can't check out UH until I'm back.

I'm not too surprised that it doesn't differ much from usual MPAs, but it's nice having rotating content like the XH rotation we had during the Monster Hunter collab, new weapoms and affixes, and excubes dropping normally so we don't burn meseta untekking cube fodder

Masu
May 15, 2019, 10:01 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]Stat wise the monsters are harder than all those. However, the regular monsters are all just potato darkers and lilipa mechs, no ultimate monsters, so I never really felt threatened at all. Worst thing that spawned is probably just those bugs that run at you in Mining defense, and it sometimes spawns a lot of monsters at once.

The new Gwanahda is mostly just a very tanky Gwanahda that takes very little damage (like 10%) if you don't hit his belly.

The new Transmizers only reveal their core after shooting their giant laser, and shoot elemented missiles... otherwise they just run around and do stuff like regular Transmizers.

Apostolo Dragon spawns and he's same as usual, more stats than ever so he hits pretty hard.

The new Blu Ringahda spawns a whole lot of tornados and projectiles, and has some other stuff, so him and Apostolo are probably the real threats, but Transmizer isn't irrelevant either. You can still knock him down by breaking his rings and then it's just free DPS time, he should die either the first or second time he goes down.[/SPOILER-BOX]

So mobbing wise, it's pretty easy, and if you can handle those bosses, then it will go just fine. I can't really rank it since I didn't participate in a lot of those fields on release. Can probably just treat it like a harder XH Desert Exploration with some stronger bosses.

Don't take this as an attack of any sort (I play Su a lot too) because of this question: Did you ran it as something else than Su? Am not sure your average Fi, Hr and Fo would sing the same song for example.

I noticed one thing is now I try to take advantage of landscape to get partial cover or isolating mobs. Also beware the 2 legged mechs with a big canon and launching missiles (which usually spawn in Quarry). I got rekt 2 times because the laser was going through rocks:-o

Crevox
May 15, 2019, 10:04 AM
Did you ran it as something else than Su?

Ah well, of course, naturally being Su I'd say things might be a liiiitttllleee easier on me survivability wise, but we still had very few deaths across the MPA in general, which was all random people. And while I'm a Su, I am extremely greedy on my units and skills for damage (+0 HP total from unit affixes and -20 all DEF, only 1 point into HP Restorate).

I didn't do it on anything other than Su, so you're right to be skeptical a bit there, but I think my MPA did a good enough job surviving as well that while things do hurt, people should easily be able to adapt and overcome it without too much difficulty. If people are doing this good within only a few hours of the servers coming up already, I think anyone that is having trouble will get better at it with a little practice or just slight equipment/skill changes. Even something like a Deband Drink, Guts Drink, or defensive tree buff goes a long way.

the_importer_
May 15, 2019, 10:08 AM
Stat wise the monsters are harder than all those. However, the regular monsters are all just potato darkers and lilipa mechs, no ultimate monsters, so I never really felt threatened at all. Worst thing that spawned is probably just those bugs that run at you in Mining defense, and it sometimes spawns a lot of monsters at once.

The new Blu Ringahda spawns a whole lot of tornados and projectiles, and has some other stuff, so him and Apostolo are probably the real threats, but Transmizer isn't irrelevant either. You can still knock him down by breaking his rings and then it's just free DPS time, he should die either the first or second time he goes down.

Sweet, thanks for the info.

Agastya
May 15, 2019, 10:16 AM
when i was but a small force, level 12 or something, in the episode 1 days, i ran into a gwanahda on the field.

i was not yet intimate with the game's mechanics, so it killed me twice with its suction/grab attack. one time i got killed by it twice from the same gwanahda.

grana gwanahda invokes these memories with its grab. that grab will kill you if you are alone. you will be pulled in from mid-air, and repeatedly chomped, and the grana gwanahda bits will shoot at you while you're in the air, and then you will be thrown and die. do not take it lightly.

wefwq
May 15, 2019, 10:31 AM
This UH exploration is somehow more chaotic than UQ & Forest/Cave/Coast XH combined.
I like it.

the_importer_
May 15, 2019, 10:52 AM
How's the EXP, better than XH?

ZerotakerZX
May 15, 2019, 11:13 AM
So much weapons, but I don't really need anything atm. Is anyone of new weapons has multiclass usage at least?

NightlightPro
May 15, 2019, 12:08 PM
incapacitations everywhere

Kondibon
May 15, 2019, 12:52 PM
For those who don't know, you can stun gwanada when it grabs someone.

Azure Falcon
May 15, 2019, 01:26 PM
Are the new Resonant 15* weapons area drops or boss specific?

Zorak000
May 15, 2019, 02:01 PM
the EX souls can combine with free field boss souls to create their "X The Soul" counterpart with a 90% rate

"Crack I" can be fused up to "Crack V", where it has 30 all-atk, 50 all-def, and I guess 30hp and whatever PP; appears to be the same rates as Lesser abilities and Returner

the weapon-exclusive abilities like Divine Will are all non-transferable; the last Arks Live said they were doing this to "help" affixing (this doesnt help units at all haha) but I assume this is just a bandage fix

Saffran
May 15, 2019, 02:04 PM
I had litterally nothing but meseta and cubes in my run. Bosses gave one unit and one weapon, end boss gave one unit and two weapons.
I expected more difficulty. I assume soloing is where it will come into play.

Flatflyer
May 15, 2019, 02:43 PM
my only issues with UH is that I feel like the healing reductions are kinda just annoying but whatever

and also I feel like UH gwan's suction move is way too strong, its basically impossible to not get grabbed in solo, and even in MPAs you have one person who likely ends up being the sacrificial lamb while everyone else tries to break the bits.

the rainbow drop rate is absolutely insane though on easter, I got like 7 drops (6 13*'s, 1 14*) within the 3 UH runs of it I did.

XrosBlader821
May 15, 2019, 02:47 PM
UH also know as Techers Heaven
*laughs in Tech explosions*
A Wand E Change is love.

Masu
May 15, 2019, 03:07 PM
my only issues with UH is that I feel like the healing reductions are kinda just annoying but whatever

and also I feel like UH gwan's suction move is way too strong, its basically impossible to not get grabbed in solo*snip*

https://youtu.be/ig-4y0rcNQM?t=176 :yes:

Ransu
May 15, 2019, 03:29 PM
UH also know as Techers Heaven
*laughs in Tech explosions*
A Wand E Change is love.

Techer makes UH less of a pain sure, especially if a PSE Burst goes off.

Masu
May 15, 2019, 05:50 PM
Is it just me or sub tunnels are way too dark to reliably see whats going on? If I put sunglasses am sure my screen will turn full black x_x

echofaith
May 15, 2019, 05:58 PM
Just got back from work and did 15 mins and yes, Tunnels feel too dark. I dont care for the drops as much as the easy meseta(for now) from selling them, so I will probably skip tunnels rotations :p

Crevox
May 15, 2019, 06:09 PM
Here's the quest record from Desert, on Ship 2 at least, if anyone is interested. Confirms Rappy Egg is out there but no sign of an S.

https://i.imgur.com/csBmxl5.png

Dark Priest
May 15, 2019, 09:41 PM
Here's the quest record from Desert, on Ship 2 at least, if anyone is interested. Confirms Rappy Egg is out there but no sign of an S.

https://i.imgur.com/csBmxl5.png

My guess is they plan to add the S rappy egg to the new EQ coming up. if there is going to be one. it's funny too, because the first high star i got was that talis, and it's the rarest one in that list. i wonder if it's any good, i didn't bother upgrading it yet.

Crevox
May 15, 2019, 09:44 PM
Rappy Egg 14★ also drops from Easter, my non-Su friend got one (z_z). Resonant weapons also drop there (he got that too).

Redran and Popple still exist in Easter, but I don't think there were any S of those either, so either I'm blind/drop is gone/no one has gotten it.

Oh, and Rappy's personality is Super Early Bird still, so nothing special there.

My guess is they plan to add the S rappy egg to the new EQ coming up. if there is going to be one. it's funny too, because the first high star i got was that talis, and it's the rarest one in that list. i wonder if it's any good, i didn't bother upgrading it yet.

It seems to be the only one with a competitive ATK value, since the others have lower ATK than Austere but that one has more. I wonder what the potential or SAF is.

Sriracha X
May 15, 2019, 09:50 PM
Had a chance to run around in UH. Things aren't so bad at all in a group, but damn you can get bodied by the new bosses' moves if you can't keep track in all the chaos or you dodge bad. Feel the heat if you got aggro. Love it though

Dark Priest
May 15, 2019, 10:46 PM
Rappy Egg 14★ also drops from Easter, my non-Su friend got one (z_z). Resonant weapons also drop there (he got that too).

Redran and Popple still exist in Easter, but I don't think there were any S of those either, so either I'm blind/drop is gone/no one has gotten it.

Oh, and Rappy's personality is Super Early Bird still, so nothing special there.

It seems to be the only one with a competitive ATK value, since the others have lower ATK than Austere but that one has more. I wonder what the potential or SAF is.

Boost damage and grants an additional bonus for each 50 max PP you have up to 300 PP

First level was base 4% it also didn't state the exact bonus.

Reilet
May 15, 2019, 11:44 PM
are you saying status effects might be relevant again :O

https://i.imgur.com/rX7UDk0.png

That's burn 5 damage. It's not a joke. Just, Damn Phantoms everywhere means it'll be overwritten with Panic very fast, and that pisses me of to much. Gwana just melts if it stays burned.

P.S poison on mobs is doing 100k.

ArcaneTechs
May 16, 2019, 12:36 AM
really liking the Tunnels remix, running UH feels exactly like UQ but things last somewhat longer. so far not bored, looking forward to running some of it solo this weekend.

the e-trials dmg challenges are fun, good to see how you're doing against the boss, boss rings arent as bad but hell Maizer moving everywhere with "hit from behind" ring comes up is kinda annoying

SteveCZ
May 16, 2019, 12:48 AM
Damn Phantoms everywhere means it'll be overwritten with Panic very fast, and that pisses me of to much.

I second this. )=

TakemiShinnosuke
May 16, 2019, 12:58 AM
Yup I went back to Hero. I like range type charcaters so yeah. In any case , my point to add would be this.

No doubt Hero's attacks are faster , which means lesser damage per hit , which also means I need to throw out hundreds of bullets .

However , my multiple hit damage with Hero somehow does not seem to be able to stack up to a phantom's one damage for some reason zzzzzzz.

So how do people like me play UH at the moment until those PA boosts arrive for Hero ?? I have no clue lol.

anyone for comments?

Dark Priest
May 16, 2019, 01:25 AM

That's burn 5 damage. It's not a joke. Just, Damn Phantoms everywhere means it'll be overwritten with Panic very fast, and that pisses me of to much. Gwana just melts if it stays burned.

Panic? don't you mean jellen, but even then, that doesn't overwrite, did i miss something? where do they have an innate panic.

Kondibon
May 16, 2019, 01:27 AM
Panic? don't you mean jellen, but even then, that doesn't overwrite, did i miss something? where do they have an innate panic.Casting grants techs constantly.

Dark Priest
May 16, 2019, 01:43 AM
Casting grants techs constantly.

Yeah i figured that out like 5 minutes after posting, i just realized that is all people do, spam illgrants.

Stormwalker
May 16, 2019, 02:31 AM
Only had time for a little bit of it tonight, because I had stuff to do for work, but it was honestly a lot more fun than I expected. I don't know if I would have felt the same way on a class that depends on mates for healing, but as a Phantom, it was a blast.. Not as much mass carnage as I expected, though Grana Gwanahda gave a couple of people a nasty surprise.with that amped up suction attack. And three 14* drops in less than an hour was pretty nice.

I was also surprised to find out that I could actually solo fairly effectively in there (for the short period of time that I actually was soloing before a bunch more people jumped in). A little slow-going when solo, but when it's that much fun I don't mind it taking some time.

GHNeko
May 16, 2019, 03:59 AM
UH is dope. Good content, fun trials, good game. YSOK is god.

XrosBlader821
May 16, 2019, 06:34 AM

Yeah it's unfortunate but as soon as I realized the Burn damage I started changing Wand Element to Fire and hope most Ph I encounter won't screw it up.

milranduil
May 16, 2019, 06:44 AM
Yup I went back to Hero. I like range type charcaters so yeah. In any case , my point to add would be this.

No doubt Hero's attacks are faster , which means lesser damage per hit , which also means I need to throw out hundreds of bullets .

However , my multiple hit damage with Hero somehow does not seem to be able to stack up to a phantom's one damage for some reason zzzzzzz.

So how do people like me play UH at the moment until those PA boosts arrive for Hero ?? I have no clue lol.

anyone for comments?

hero sword was made for mobbing like this, it's one of its biggest strengths (assuming you know how to keep hero boost). it doesn't need any buffs for content like this.

the only boss i was interested in uploading was the new ringa, as it's enjoyable to counter spam with BrPh. gwana is too easy if it spams suction, and mizer missiles can suck a nut. LF katana all guard in EP10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPizuOdwkU0

Arada
May 16, 2019, 06:48 AM
With Special Effects being a thing in UH, I'll try TE/FI with Chase Advance, tonight.

KaizoKage
May 16, 2019, 06:51 AM
more like UH = Ultra Health

Meteor Weapon
May 16, 2019, 07:25 AM
I wonder if Sega is ever gonna implement Status Effect stacking. Would make it either relevant or very threatening again lol.

Dark Mits
May 16, 2019, 09:33 AM
Has it been tested if generic Lilipa Timed Abilities work in Ultra Hard? Or do we have to wait for new ones to be implemented?

Dark Mits
May 16, 2019, 10:59 AM
They created new ones for planet lilipa that work anywhere on the planet.Ah, thanks for the confirmation. I missed it because I expected it to be somewhere close to Advance or Ultimate crafts in the list, whereas it it exactly after Quarry ARKS 3.

silo1991
May 17, 2019, 11:38 AM
i finally had a chance to try UH and minions are handable , bossses are crazy and with special challenges even more its funny actually

only complain its , i cant clear the final room by my self , i fought the cockroach and i couldnt beat it , i lost my pantience ,im sure i didnt even reach half of his HP

i used atlas EX rifle with life steal effect so.. bad equipment wasnt a factor here

Stormwalker
May 17, 2019, 11:58 AM
Having run Quarry for a couple of hours last night, I don't like it as much as I did Tunnels. It's a little too wide open, things spread out too much and you spend too much time chasing them around. More than that, though, as things get more spread out, Death from Offscreen starts to become a bigger problem (especially via the Mizer Missile Massacre)..

Not that Quarry is terrible or anything... it's OK, but Tunnels is more fun.

ZerotakerZX
May 17, 2019, 02:43 PM
i finally had a chance to try UH and minions are handable , bossses are crazy and with special challenges even more its funny actually

only complain its , i cant clear the final room by my self , i fought the cockroach and i couldnt beat it , i lost my pantience ,im sure i didnt even reach half of his HP

i used atlas EX rifle with life steal effect so.. bad equipment wasnt a factor here

Wow, you are modest. Took my long to beat as Ph as well, but much faster with the main class.

Masu
May 17, 2019, 03:56 PM
UH is fun but UH don't like me. Few 14* I got were those bad and horribly reskined Orbit, one vital intent and one basilis. I've yet to get Dim to drop (not that I really care but still). Finally reached Ph 90 with one of my alts and decided to try Su/Ph, at least maybe I'll get greater chance to get the single valuable Orbit 14*...
Result after 3+hrs. Peanuts! No drop at all and a 150k worth S1 SSA (which I sent to trash because THE SALT ya know).
Also as expected lol Su. I can get in middle of a pack of Goldradas and zondeel them for mpa while Apostolos spam ground spikes...something I would not consider to try while playing Ph main, even with the short invicibility when casting techs x)

I think am done with UH for now. Ok it's fun and all but I would like it to be worthy to run too. So for the time being it will be 30mins of UH when Persona boost is up then log off.

Meteor Weapon
May 17, 2019, 04:02 PM
off topic but does anyone got datamined music for Desert, Lilipa and Quarry(and possibily the new EQ)

edit: nvm found it https://soundcloud.com/gestiaisbestia/tracks

Zephyrion
May 17, 2019, 08:49 PM
off topic but does anyone got datamined music for Desert, Lilipa and Quarry(and possibily the new EQ)

edit: nvm found it https://soundcloud.com/gestiaisbestia/tracks

I've been searching for the tunnels track for a while now, thanks !

ArcaneTechs
May 17, 2019, 10:43 PM
UH is fun but UH don't like me. Few 14* I got were those bad and horribly reskined Orbit, one vital intent and one basilis. I've yet to get Dim to drop (not that I really care but still). Finally reached Ph 90 with one of my alts and decided to try Su/Ph, at least maybe I'll get greater chance to get the single valuable Orbit 14*...
Result after 3+hrs. Peanuts! No drop at all and a 150k worth S1 SSA (which I sent to trash because THE SALT ya know).
Also as expected lol Su. I can get in middle of a pack of Goldradas and zondeel them for mpa while Apostolos spam ground spikes...something I would not consider to try while playing Ph main, even with the short invicibility when casting techs x)

I think am done with UH for now. Ok it's fun and all but I would like it to be worthy to run too. So for the time being it will be 30mins of UH when Persona boost is up then log off.

how many hours have you even invested into UH so far? because youre kinda coming off like the 15* drops should have dropped for you real fast then you can just not play the game anymore or something

Meteor Weapon
May 18, 2019, 12:08 AM
As if Ultimate Quest never happened with those 13* lmao

Reilet
May 18, 2019, 04:21 AM
how many hours have you even invested into UH so far? because youre kinda coming off like the 15* drops should have dropped for you real fast then you can just not play the game anymore or something

My friend got two 15 star weapons in the first hour when servers came up. I was legit salty.

TakemiShinnosuke
May 18, 2019, 05:03 AM
Not sure about everyone but I am running UH in hopes of these dropping

ズィレンハイト-NT and ディア series weapons

cause I am looking for

ズィレンハイト-NT -- > S1:依属の志 (14*)

ディア series weapons -- > S3:猛威の奮激 (13*)

Why do these items have to be the rarest lol

Masu
May 18, 2019, 05:27 AM

I have not accurately counted. Excepted those last 3 hours I talked about, however seeing how my tri 100 pool depleted since UH landed, I would say way too much vs what I got :D Sure am not expecting to pop up in field and get a 15* few minutes later. That's not like I wasn't there when everyone was runing after Demonia ;) Actually am not really even after those 15*(am fine with Atlas EX katana, Exacrimav and Austere-NT rod).
I just want to get something worthy once in a while. Those last 3 hrs were just a slap in the face.
About last part of your post...PSO2 wans't on my drive anymore not so long ago :-P

@Meteor Weapon: I was there too. Which does not mean I want to deal with it again in 2019. I mean we just got out of a UQ/E.Forest boost. I don't know how it was for other drop wise. Personaly I got showered (spoiled?) with drops. Then we get UH and that horrible drop rate of everything...sega need to chose a formula once and for all.

mother clusterfck
May 18, 2019, 09:29 AM
Gotta say UH can be a lot of fun but there are two huge issues that are really holding it back, as usual Sega tripped over themselves when adding new content cause they didn't think things through.

Main issue one is the big healing nerf, that's pure bs when mobs can do 850+ damage. I only played on hr so it wasn't a big deal but I shudder at the though of doing a run on fi or hu, especially with this lag.

The second main issue is just as bad, it's not just the XQ stage orders but also instant punishment, like greatly reduced damage if you don't attack Mizer from close range which means you have no time to react to missile spam that can do 1500+ damage when the game inevitably lags.

Both things we can definitely do without and there is no need to completely break QoL just to add some fun and challenge.
UH was still quite fun with these issues but not something I would spam when without them I would spam it a lot.

TakemiShinnosuke
May 18, 2019, 09:47 AM
Gotta say UH can be a lot of fun but there are two huge issues that are really holding it back, as usual Sega tripped over themselves when adding new content cause they didn't think things through.

Main issue one is the big healing nerf, that's pure bs when mobs can do 850+ damage. I only played on hr so it wasn't a big deal but I shudder at the though of doing a run on fi or hu, especially with this lag.

The second main issue is just as bad, it's not just the XQ stage orders but also instant punishment, like greatly reduced damage if you don't attack Mizer from close range which means you have no time to react to missile spam that can do 1500+ damage when the game inevitably lags.

Both things we can definitely do without and there is no need to completely break QoL just to add some fun and challenge.
UH was still quite fun with these issues but not something I would spam when without them I would spam it a lot.

Well to solve the healing problem, customize the resta to more hits than power. I believe that the max would be 6 hits of resta. ( have to check that again ).

As for the missile, at least for me since I play hero , the missles mostly miss cause Hero cause vapor bullet and the fact that I have quite a stack of PP to spare.
Not sure bout the lag though. Are you on the tweaker?? cause i am not. Could that be the reason ??

adding on: ( my own question )

I tried to solo the UH boss on my own , Area 2 , the single party zone , Yeah.
One question: Just how much HP do those things have ?? I can dodge that I can but forever no lol. I mean there must be some sort of damage boost coming soon right??
At the rate of damage I am doing ( is everyone feeling the same or isit just me ) , I can only dodge , dodge and dodge and probably just wait for it to finish me off.

ZerotakerZX
May 18, 2019, 09:59 AM
Well to solve the healing problem, customize the resta to more hits than power. I believe that the max would be 6 hits of resta. ( have to check that again ).

As for the missile, at least for me since I play hero , the missles mostly miss cause Hero cause vapor bullet and the fact that I have quite a stack of PP to spare.
Not sure bout the lag though. Are you on the tweaker?? cause i am not. Could that be the reason ??

adding on: ( my own question )

I tried to solo the UH boss on my own , Area 2 , the single party zone , Yeah.
One question: Just how much HP do those things have ?? I can dodge that I can but forever no lol. I mean there must be some sort of damage boost coming soon right??
At the rate of damage I am doing ( is everyone feeling the same or isit just me ) , I can only dodge , dodge and dodge and probably just wait for it to finish me off.

I think those bosses ain't meant to be solo'ed. It perfectly doable, but may take a bit much of a time if you can't provide steady DPS flow alone.

TakemiShinnosuke
May 18, 2019, 10:15 AM
I think those bosses ain't meant to be solo'ed. It perfectly doable, but may take a bit much of a time if you can't provide steady DPS flow alone.

You are right that they are not meant to be solo'ed but I guess that would be for now right ?? I hope some time down the road they would be solo'able like the flaming mammoth which was once conisdered impossible

Zulastar
May 18, 2019, 10:47 AM

I soloed Ringa at area 2 in about 12 minutes... crap >_<

TakemiShinnosuke
May 18, 2019, 10:58 AM
I soloed Ringa at area 2 in about 12 minutes... crap >_<

what class and what is your dps on stat??
basically what's your gear like

I can admit one that is this : given my gear that I have , the damage I output is nowhere near to this dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6cCelwu0rw ----> グラナグワナーダ 3 mins

or this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByYWc-cCBOI --- > ブリュー・リンガーダ (Ringa) 5mins UH

or even this guy lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG9Qk0nKjDc --> mizer UH 4 mins

Zulastar
May 18, 2019, 11:27 AM
what class and what is your dps on stat??
basically what's your gear like

Rifle Phantom full Lightstream, 1065 HP, 237 PP, 4050 Ratk

I can admit one that is this : given my gear that I have , the damage I output is nowhere near to this dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6cCelwu0rw ----> グラナグワナーダ 3 mins

or this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByYWc-cCBOI --- > ブリュー・リンガーダ (Ringa) 5mins UH

Both are japanese, compared to them my game runs about twice slower 'cause of ping on full channel. On empty channel situation's little better but not much.
Slower JA windows, PAs execution, Kugel SA tick speed. During Phantom time japanese player can detonate 3 marks, but I can only one. I need much more time to charge skills. My dodges don't work and I even have buttons pressure with no reaction somtimes.
And after Omega Apprentice/Loser trigger I need to wait about 3-5 second for teleport while japanese players already left the map.
Sometimes I have a feeleng about playing a different game with them.

vantpers
May 18, 2019, 11:59 AM
Rifle Phantom full Lightstream, 1065 HP, 237 PP, 4050 Ratk

Both are japanese, compared to them my game runs about twice slower 'cause of ping on full channel. On empty channel situation's little better but not much.
Slower JA windows, PAs execution, Kugel SA tick speed. During Phantom time japanese player can detonate 3 marks, but I can only one. I need much more time to charge skills. My dodges don't work and I even have buttons pressure with no reaction somtimes.
And after Omega Apprentice/Loser trigger I need to wait about 3-5 second for teleport while japanese players already left the map.
Those are very common symptoms, but of being bad.

TakemiShinnosuke
May 18, 2019, 12:15 PM
100k's damage per hit is what mostly those video's show.
Just what type of gear do you need especially for hero

Masu
May 18, 2019, 12:47 PM
100k's damage per hit is what mostly those video's show.
Just what type of gear do you need especially for hero
100k PER hit is an overstatement. Also 2 of those 3 videos are Braver. Katana counter and Br with weak stance hitting weak points do monstruous damages.

Thanks for the Ph vid, I learned some few tricks on how to build markers faster.

Zulastar
May 18, 2019, 12:50 PM
Those are very common symptoms, but of being bad.

Maybe, I don't deny I'm not a pro. But how can you explain when at the mornings Easter, when servers are almost empty, I can easily charge my DB and at evenings when servers are full I can barely have a half of it charged?

vantpers
May 18, 2019, 12:53 PM
Maybe, I don't deny I'm not a pro. But how can you explain when at the mornings Easter, when servers are almost empty, I can easily charge my DB and at evenings when servers are full I can barely have a half of it charged?
Explain what? Server fullness would have nothing to do with your ping either way, servers would be overloaded both for you and JPs. DB gauge charge depends a lot on how fast the quest progresses because it scales with time, at evenings your groups are just better somehow, or at least your confirmation bias works like that. Since they are better the quest goes faster and it's harder to charge DB.

There are enough gaijins checking swiki's framedata and finding the same exact numbers.

TakemiShinnosuke
May 18, 2019, 01:02 PM
100k PER hit is an overstatement. Also 2 of those 3 videos are Braver. Katana counter and Br with weak stance hitting weak points do monstruous damages.

Thanks for the Ph vid, I learned some few tricks on how to build markers faster.

I see so those vids were nothing more than Braver stuff.
Surely Hero must have something similar if not people like me will just end up dodging till knockout by boss

milranduil
May 18, 2019, 02:00 PM

this means you are playing the game on like 15 fps, or are just bad, or both. ping affects how long it takes the game to communicate back to you which affects how long it takes your damage numbers to show up (not how long it takes for you to hit them, just for the damage to have registered), weapons switches, and loading areas if it's bad enough. it does NOT affect you building mark or charge skill times, or dodging, or anything. that's all on you, and you alone.

I see so those vids were nothing more than Braver stuff.
Surely Hero must have something similar if not people like me will just end up dodging till knockout by boss

hero can kill ringa in 3min solo.
[spoiler-box]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADUaLWDvbng[/spoiler-box]

TakemiShinnosuke
May 18, 2019, 02:04 PM
this means you are playing the game on like 15 fps, or are just bad, or both. ping affects how long it takes the game to communicate back to you which affects how long it takes your damage numbers to show up (not how long it takes for you to hit them, just for the damage to have registered), weapons switches, and loading areas if it's bad enough. it does NOT affect you building mark or charge skill times, or dodging, or anything. that's all on you, and you alone.

hero can kill ringa in 3min solo.
[spoiler-box]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADUaLWDvbng[/spoiler-box]

8mins you mean. ringa maybe easy but not mizer

Poyonche
May 18, 2019, 02:11 PM

The first ~4 minutes are Ringa. Then it's ~2 minutes for Mizer and ~2 minutes for Gwana...

TakemiShinnosuke
May 18, 2019, 02:15 PM
hero 2 mins on mizer lol. what gear did they use. all 250 stats lol. My gear is not that great hehe

milranduil
May 18, 2019, 02:32 PM

it helps to read the title and watch the video.

hero 2 mins on mizer lol. what gear did they use. all 250 stats lol. My gear is not that great hehe

the point is that hero is still plenty good at all 3 bosses. affixes amount to at most 25-30% of total damage (if including SSAs, if just units then like 15-20%), the rest assuming 15* already, is knowledge, skill, and execution. even if you had 0 atk affixed, and a couple general SSAs, ringa could be done in 5 or so minutes, and the other two in 3-4min.

Azure Falcon
May 18, 2019, 02:48 PM
Already bored of UH, bosses only do like 40% if I even get hit (rarely) while everyone else is eating the ground every few seconds (guess putting All Resist III on each unit worked), heal nerf is whatever because 2 ticks during Phantom's invincibility puts me back to full, bosses are the same braindead AI (but with the bonus of glitching through walls and no longer moving) just turned into even bigger sponges, the shield weaknesses are basically all just "attack from 1cm above ground level" and as usual everyone else is drowning in new 15* rods while all my remaining 125% Tri boosters get me a single 14* Takt. Whoopie.

Crevox
May 18, 2019, 05:48 PM
I was surprised at the Hero times until I saw they were fighting them in the end arena.

Yeah, that's not hard. Those bosses are tuned for 4 players or less.

milranduil
May 18, 2019, 06:30 PM
I was surprised at the Hero times until I saw they were fighting them in the end arena.

Yeah, that's not hard. Those bosses are tuned for 4 players or less.

they still have an enormous hp. part of the point of showing the video is how to fight the bosses correctly since some people seem to have no idea what they're doing taking 12 minutes.

edit: A2 gwana seems to have about 12 million while A1 has about 25 million, so A2 is probably about half HP for the three.

modoru
May 18, 2019, 06:40 PM
I've resigned myself to the fact that i'm bad at this game, lol.

Can't even do earth destroyers, feelsbadman.

Crevox
May 18, 2019, 07:09 PM
they still have an enormous hp. part of the point of showing the video is how to fight the bosses correctly since some people seem to have no idea what they're doing taking 12 minutes.

edit: A2 gwana seems to have about 12 million while A1 has about 25 million, so A2 is probably about half HP for the three.

Learning how to fight the bosses is of course a big part of it. A relatively geared player that knows how to play their class can do 100k DPS at the very least, judging by Code: Defeats and boss kill times. Being able to do that much requires knowing how to fight the boss, but of course also optimizing your own play.

12 million HP is 100k DPS for a 2 minute kill, so it lines up with how long you'd expect it to take. Gwanadha is annoying with his burrowing and tentacle stuff, Sturm Mizer moves around a lot and rarely exposes his weak point, and Ringahda has his own reasons, so some overhead is expected, but the numbers themselves pretty much line up.

I don't know exactly how much A1 or A2 has for HP, but even just looking at Code: Defeats shows the numbers adding up to more than 25 million, though I don't know what boss this was (this is the same screenshot I posted earlier):

https://i.imgur.com/YnUsKIV.png

If the bosses have different HP values, and an annoying burrow boss that rarely shows his weak point like Gwanahda has lower HP to the point of only having 25 million, then it only proves my point further.

I've resigned myself to the fact that i'm bad at this game, lol.

Can't even do earth destroyers, feelsbadman.

Hey, don't worry about it. If you can't do it then that's okay. If you want to get better to be able to, myself and other people here would be happy to do anything we can to help you learn how to do better. Everyone is at a different skill level and gear level, and not all content is for everyone, but if you're motivated to do it and want to kill it, then I think you can do it.

vantpers
May 18, 2019, 07:39 PM
From my solo and 3 man experience in parser codes Vardha Soma has 49m hp, trigger version much more, Vibra/Bibra/Big bug has about 95m. 25 million for Gwana would be coincide with my burn calculation.

Crevox
May 18, 2019, 07:44 PM
Vibra having like 95 million makes sense. His weak point is overly exposed and I've had situations where we just DPS him as he stands there and does nothing for a while.

ArcaneTechs
May 18, 2019, 08:26 PM
why does Takemi always think that if he can't clear content as fast as good players that the content is too hard or it requires for them to have God-like gear or something.

but on topic, im not exactly fast myself on these bosses so im averaging like idk about 7-8mins on Ringa, 5mins on Gwana and 5mins on Maizer albeit im using just rare drop boost stuff, nothing to boost my attacks aside shifta and drink.

milranduil
May 18, 2019, 08:44 PM
If the bosses have different HP values, and an annoying burrow boss that rarely shows his weak point like Gwanahda has lower HP to the point of only having 25 million, then it only proves my point further.

which is what exactly? "oh it's A2 so it's easy"? the bosses do the same moves, do the same damage, you just spend half of the time fighting them that you would in A1 soloing the same boss. it's not as though you can cheese the A2 boss because of this, they are still super tanks compared to anything else we've dealt with regularly before (with the exception of lv85 free field bosses, they beefed them up to UH levels, just no new AI/attacks).

Crevox
May 18, 2019, 08:57 PM
you just spend half of the time fighting them that you would in A1 soloing the same boss.

Not necessarily no, pending how long and how much damage it takes to expose weak points on things like Gwanahda and Ringahda. If the extra HP requires you to have to down them again, or makes it take longer to down them but still results in the same amount of time DPSing their weak point, then it can be an excessive increase in time required. Or, for something like Sturm Mizer, you may end up waiting a long time for him to open his core again which can vastly alter the time required.

You also don't have to deal with tons of extra adds, which regardless of whether or not you care to kill them, they will certainly get in the way and make things take longer.

they are still super tanks compared to anything else we've dealt with regularly before (with the exception of lv85 free field bosses, they beefed them up to UH levels, just no new AI/attacks).

With the exception of the extremely similar content released not too long ago...

It's just the next tier of content. They have more HP, but not by much. There's not even any point in soloing them, if people are gonna solo bosses that are tuned for multiple players, then yeah whoa, be surprised when they don't just fall over. I've never soloed any of them because it's inefficient and unrewarding.

My only point was that 2 minutes on those seemed pretty fast knowing how long they take to kill out in A1, but when I realized people are doing it in A2 with massively reduced enemy HP and no adds to deal with, then yeah, those times make sense and aren't surprising at all.

Also, for the purpose of time attacking bosses, these fields have the massive benefit of not having a damage cap, which heavily gets in the way of being able to dish out high amounts of DPS for some classes. I have to alter my damage rotation just based on whether or not there's a damage cap in place when fighting monsters because, for one example, it's the difference between my bird hitting for 2.3 million and hitting for 999,999.

milranduil
May 18, 2019, 09:42 PM
>Not necessarily no

>I've never soloed any of them because it's inefficient and unrewarding.
ok

My only point was that 2 minutes on those seemed pretty fast knowing how long they take to kill out in A1, but when I realized people are doing it in A2 with massively reduced enemy HP and no adds to deal with, then yeah, those times make sense and aren't surprising at all.
my issue was with saying it's easy when multiple people earlier posted kill times 6x longer than the video or noted that it's very difficult for them.

Also, for the purpose of time attacking bosses, these fields have the massive benefit of not having a damage cap, which heavily gets in the way of being able to dish out high amounts of DPS for some classes. I have to alter my damage rotation just based on whether or not there's a damage cap in place when fighting monsters because, for one example, it's the difference between my bird hitting for 2.3 million and hitting for 999,999.

alter dps rotations, yes. get in the way of high dps, no. i would agree with you if soloing UH with maron where su would be gimped af with damage cap, but you said you don't solo so that's irrelevant. su's highest dps is still synchro with rykros. bird is nice for dpp, but it's nowhere near synchro.

TakemiShinnosuke
May 18, 2019, 09:47 PM
is there a title for clearing the UH boss or the whole UH quest ?

milranduil
May 18, 2019, 09:50 PM
is there a title for clearing the UH boss or the whole UH quest ?

no 5char

Crevox
May 18, 2019, 10:04 PM
ok

alter dps rotations, yes. get in the way of high dps, no. i would agree with you if soloing UH with maron where su would be gimped af with damage cap, but you said you don't solo so that's irrelevant. su's highest dps is still synchro with rykros. bird is nice for dpp, but it's nowhere near synchro.

I don't have to solo the bosses to give you the logic I just gave, which is sound and makes sense.

I'm not going to argue Summoner DPS with you or even entertain you attempting to ridicule an example.

my issue was with saying it's easy when multiple people earlier posted kill times 6x longer than the video or noted that it's very difficult for them.

Welcome to an opinion. I already said (multiple times) that people all have vastly varying levels of skill and equipment, and even play completely different classes. There's no need to jump to conclusions on so many things.

TakemiShinnosuke
May 18, 2019, 10:14 PM
no 5char

?? no 5char??

Anduril
May 18, 2019, 10:17 PM
?? no 5char??

The forum requires posts to be longer than 5 characters, so a simple "No" cannot be left as an answer since it does not meet the 5 character minimum, thus people will put "no 5char" to get around it.
So in short, no, UH does not have any titles from clearing the bosses or the fields.

Suirano
May 18, 2019, 10:21 PM
Only UH thing I don't like is Sturm Mizer solely because of the missles. I can manage it but it is rather annoying. Fighting Ringa and it taking a bit was nice just because I have always liked him and his theme. I am not a super pro so it took me like 9 minutes to beat him because of paranoia of being one shot.

Beyond that, UH is just like everything else with more damage and HP and hoping to get rare drops. It does get pretty boring extremely fast so its not something I will do often as the 15*s while nice aren't something I really need as I have plenty of Austeres and Atlas already. I guess people enjoy the whole run in a square and kill stuff formula which more power to them but it's not something I find "fun".

milranduil
May 18, 2019, 10:35 PM
I don't have to solo the bosses to give you the logic I just gave, which is sound and makes sense.
that's called theorycrafting, and that's fine. however if you actually solo'd any of these bosses, you would realize that double HP is essentially double the time. if they had different mechanics, or different percent based HP thresholds, i might agree with you, but they don't.

the argument regarding adds isn't particularly relevant because we're talking about A1 HP vs A2 HP. in addition, bosses take up a cell of spawns, so most of the time you get adds + boss is because of bordering cells and people running just a little too slow or too fast through the map.

I'm not going to argue Summoner DPS with you or even entertain you attempting to ridicule an example.
it's not a ridicule, i'm countering your point. you made a statement that doesn't have much merit, so i brought up a counterpoint. that's how you have a discussion. it isn't personal.

Welcome to an opinion. I already said (multiple times) that people all have vastly varying levels of skill and equipment, and even play completely different classes. There's no need to jump to conclusions on so many things.
there was no jump to conclusion, "Yeah, that's not hard." your own words. it's not constructive at all in a thread where people were talking about why it takes them so long to kill bosses.

Crevox
May 18, 2019, 10:58 PM
that's called theorycrafting, and that's fine. however if you actually solo'd any of these bosses, you would realize that double HP is essentially double the time. if they had different mechanics, or different percent based HP thresholds, i might agree with you, but they don't.

This is exactly why it's not double the time. A lot of these kills line up cooldowns and burst with knockdown phases with the bosses being knocked down. Those cooldowns aren't necessarily going to be available for every knockdown, and burst cannot happen repeatedly, which results in a longer kill than just "double" if the enemy has "double" HP. This is especially true if the enemy's HP hits a breakpoint which results in having to knock them down an additional entire time to get the kill.

the argument regarding adds isn't particularly relevant because we're talking about A1 HP vs A2 HP. in addition, bosses take up a cell of spawns, so most of the time you get adds + boss is because of bordering cells and people running just a little too slow or too fast through the map.

We're also talking about time to kill, which was my original point to begin with, the boss taking 2 minutes. 2 minutes came as a surprise considering both boss HP and the field having adds, but if it's literally just the boss, then I have no surprise at the time to kill being so low.

it's not a ridicule, i'm countering your point. you made a statement that doesn't have much merit, so i brought up a counterpoint. that's how you have a discussion. it isn't personal.

Saying Synchro has more DPS than the bird has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make. I gave an example as to how the 999,999 damage cap removal can greatly benefit SOME classes in this specific "time attack" situation more than others, and the most ready example I had of a class that can be greatly restricted by that cap is Summoner (because I play Summoner, this was the easiest example I had). Even Synchro Geki would be restricted by this. Obviously Synchro with Rykros Staff does more DPS, but that doesn't change the fact that IF a Summoner was using a bird, it would be restricted by this, for whatever reason they choose to do so. It is a ridicule because you don't think that summoners should or would be using the bird for DPS, when I certainly believe there are circumstances that warrant it, and it's setting up a strawman.

This point remains true solo, in a group, or even with another class that could be seen as a "better example", like Gunner. The point is that some classes benefit more from time attacks in this free field than others because of this cap being removed.

there was no jump to conclusion, "Yeah, that's not hard." your own words. it's not constructive at all in a thread where people were talking about why it takes them so long to kill bosses.

That is certainly my opinion which holds just as much worth as the opinions from individuals that may be saying the bosses are taking long to kill. It doesn't make it any less constructive. If anything, it helps the thread from becoming a straight rant of everyone agreeing that they take too long to kill.

I won't go back and forth with you any further on this to avoid clogging the thread.

milranduil
May 18, 2019, 11:18 PM
This is exactly why it's not double the time. A lot of these kills line up cooldowns and burst with knockdown phases with the bosses being knocked down. Those cooldowns aren't necessarily going to be available for every knockdown, and burst cannot happen repeatedly, which results in a longer kill than just "double" if the enemy has "double" HP. This is especially true if the enemy's HP hits a breakpoint which results in having to knock them down an additional entire time to get the kill.
these are all relevant for raid bosses like DF luther who becomes invulnerable, or teleports after an HP threshold. none of the free field bosses do this, so i really don't know what you're getting at. the fact is because you seem to not solo play, you just don't understand. there's nothing i can say that will show you, you simply need to try it yourself before commenting tbh.

Saying Synchro has more DPS than the bird has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make. I gave an example as to how the 999,999 damage cap removal can greatly benefit SOME classes in this specific "time attack" situation more than others, and the most ready example I had of a class that can be greatly restricted by that cap is Summoner (because I play Summoner, this was the easiest example I had). Even Synchro Geki would be restricted by this. Obviously Synchro with Rykros Staff does more DPS, but that doesn't change the fact that IF a Summoner was using a bird, it would be restricted by this, for whatever reason they choose to do so. It is a ridicule because you don't think that summoners should or would be using the bird for DPS, when I certainly believe there are circumstances that warrant it, and it's setting up a strawman.
your own words, again

these fields have the massive benefit of not having a damage cap, which heavily gets in the way of being able to dish out high amounts of DPS for some classes.
damage =/= is not DPS. you know this, but you changed your words. your own words said it benefits class's dps, but then gave an example unrelated to optimal dps in the first place. i find it ironic that you bring up a logical fallacy when you generalized my owns words seeming to imply that i said one should never use torim/aero when i never said anything related to that at all. all i did was clarify that your example isn't relevant from a dps perspective. burst, yes i agree! dps, no. words mean things.

I won't go back and forth with you any further on this to avoid clogging the thread.
k

ZerotakerZX
May 19, 2019, 12:33 AM
hooray, shitstorm. It's like a petting zoo with nolifers.

ArcaneTechs
May 19, 2019, 12:51 AM
hooray, shitstorm. It's like a petting zoo with nolifers.

you finally get off those 11* units yet?

Zulastar
May 19, 2019, 12:53 AM
I am not a super pro so it took me like 9 minutes to beat him because of paranoia of being one shot.

100% agreed with this post. I run this Ringa I reffered for first and single yet time. Without any insurance skill and doll in my inventory I was super cautious mostly running away from it by Safoie-0 than do real dps 'cause I have more AoE-oriented gear for such kind of a quest not boss-duel one. With Rappy back and Atra Ex rifle I really can risk more for higher dps.

Reilet
May 19, 2019, 03:21 AM
But gwana can be cheesed. Just burn it.

Suirano
May 19, 2019, 03:30 AM
Went into UH to pass time till an EQ. Got a Resonant 15* and a 13* camo. Apparently that camo is super rare because its 157 mil in the shop right now. Got another Resonant 15* during Easter. Game's been nice to me lately.

PrinceBrightstar
May 20, 2019, 07:45 PM
I recently did an episode dedicated to Ultra Hard mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8h9UL6o7v0

As for the weapon that dropped during filming it turned out to be this.

TakemiShinnosuke
May 21, 2019, 02:46 AM
Playing Ultra hard , I have a question. The field is now 12/12. About an hour into the game or an hour and a half and I notice everyone starting to leave... what gives???

The boost ran out ?? everyone found something ?? WHAT ??

Dark Mits
May 21, 2019, 03:00 AM
Playing Ultra hard , I have a question. The field is now 12/12. About an hour into the game or an hour and a half and I notice everyone starting to leave... what gives???

The boost ran out ?? everyone found something ?? WHAT ??Many cases:
1) Maybe an EQ was about to come and people were preparing for it
2) Maybe they left the map to organize their inventory, and when they rejoined they were assigned to some other mpa in a different block (or even the same block).
3) Maybe the day changed, so the current map became unavailable for new entrants, since there is a rotation (Desert -> Tunnels -> Quarry -> Desert)
4) Maybe people were logging out due to real life stuff at a faster pace than logins, combined with people opening new mpas in other blocks instead of going mutliblock.

Zorak000
May 21, 2019, 12:29 PM
yeah the chonkyness is a pretty standard thing that we've seen happen with each new difficulty; though I'd argue XH felt the worst going into with what we had access to at the time

milranduil
May 21, 2019, 12:38 PM

people can run UH for as long or short as they want. wow!

Loveless62
May 21, 2019, 03:38 PM

One thing that I have seen people do in an exploration MPA like these is to try to control the loop that people are running in so that it doesn't pass by the map exit. They figure that others may want to complete the quest, but they don't want to break away from the group and disrupt the MPA by spawning ETs along the way. It's like a guilt trip in a way.

Just be warned that that shit doesn't work with me. If I have a good reason to complete the quest, if the MPA won't steer near the exit, and I am not in a party, then I will run all the way across the map, spawning two or three bosses behind me for others to clean up on my way out.

I don't like being manipulated like that. I don't have time for it.

Dark Mits
May 21, 2019, 03:52 PM
It doesn't work on me either not because I can tell myself when to stop, but because I have a greater power preventing me from overextending my time in such Free Roaming content (*cough*bank space*cough)

TheFanaticViper
May 22, 2019, 07:14 AM
One thing that I have seen people do in an exploration MPA like these is to try to control the loop that people are running in so that it doesn't pass by the map exit. They figure that others may want to complete the quest, but they don't want to break away from the group and disrupt the MPA by spawning ETs along the way. It's like a guilt trip in a way.

I saw this thing in Ultimate Lilipa & Nab, the MPA was running in circle in a very small part of the map instead of complete a full lap. Someone had even delimited the allow perimeter by dropping mate xD. it was ridiculous.

oratank
May 22, 2019, 08:11 AM
only saw the mate perimeter in omega forest where they take all boss out of perimeter

Lostbob117
May 22, 2019, 12:29 PM
Running in small areas is better cause they are usually more confined which means it's easier to hit everything making things go faster.

Not to mention in E. Forest the pond area was a huge waste of time, especially if you went by it 50 times compared to not going into it.

vantpers
May 22, 2019, 12:53 PM
Thank god there are atomizer barriers so people can pretend pugs are premades with their made up rules being the highest authority and players don't have the right to go whatever way they want in their FREE exploration quest.

Somehow I never actually stumbled upon that kind of barrier myself but the moment I see one I am picking up the mates and then munching on them right on the spot.

ArcaneTechs
May 22, 2019, 05:17 PM
Thank god there are atomizer barriers so people can pretend pugs are premades with their made up rules being the highest authority and players don't have the right to go whatever way they want in their FREE exploration quest.

Somehow I never actually stumbled upon that kind of barrier myself but the moment I see one I am picking up the mates and then munching on them right on the spot.

Nothing kills a field like when one guy decides to run to the exit spawning whatever they leave behind while rest of the mpa decides hey we're done here in only a 30min grind when youre techinically suppose to be farming for much longer for those drops and ya going to the big area is pointless for little spawns and maybe an e trial. If people are barring off the A2 exit thats new to me since ive never seen it but barring off the big area is a-ok by me

Sriracha X
May 22, 2019, 05:45 PM
Whenever I need to exit from an MPA loop, I follow the loop until the group circles near the exit and then I take my leave. That, or I telepipe back/abandon quest. It's not the end of the world, but it's pretty annoying when there is a good loop going on and one person splits off and spawns e-trials in spots out of the loop, making everyone have to run there just to take care of it. IIRC there can only be a max number of e-trials on a map at once, so spawning them out of the loop path messes with the flow. Can't say I've ever seen a atomizer/mate barrier in my ~1.2k hours played though

ArcaneTechs
May 22, 2019, 06:07 PM
Whenever I need to exit from an MPA loop, I follow the loop until the group circles near the exit and then I take my leave. That, or I telepipe back/abandon quest. It's not the end of the world, but it's pretty annoying when there is a good loop going on and one person splits off and spawns e-trials in spots out of the loop, making everyone have to run there just to take care of it. IIRC there can only be a max number of e-trials on a map at once, so spawning them out of the loop path messes with the flow. Can't say I've ever seen a atomizer/mate barrier in my ~1.2k hours played though

Usually only see the barrier in Enchanted Forest if the map has a big area, if not you just run the normal rotation. Theres always going to be that one guy who tries to force the mpa to go in some other rotation that eventually people either leave or continue with the rotation they were doing

TehCubey
May 22, 2019, 06:58 PM
I'm having bad flashbacks to old Christmas EQs. There was always some galaxy brain who decided it'd be a great idea not to run with the rest of the MPA and go the other way by themselves, triggering bosses and fucking up the run for 11 other people.

Sriracha X
May 22, 2019, 08:48 PM
Usually only see the barrier in Enchanted Forest if the map has a big area, if not you just run the normal rotation. Theres always going to be that one guy who tries to force the mpa to go in some other rotation that eventually people either leave or continue with the rotation they were doing

Ah, gotcha. I guess I didn't see this kind of thing since I was in normal matchmaking, where you don't really see much organization like that, for most of EP5

I'm having bad flashbacks to old Christmas EQs. There was always some galaxy brain who decided it'd be a great idea not to run with the rest of the MPA and go the other way by themselves, triggering bosses and fucking up the run for 11 other people.

Man, Christmas 2018 usually went smooth but you'd get that odd run where someone would go through the middle path while everyone is following the usual counterclockwise path and screw up the spawns :-?

ArcaneTechs
May 23, 2019, 12:58 AM
Ah, gotcha. I guess I didn't see this kind of thing since I was in normal matchmaking, where you don't really see much organization like that, for most of EP5

takes awhile for people to catch on, rotations are always great its just the people who want to bother people by messing it up that get upset by it. I mean really if people dont want to mess up the map rotation just leave or telepipe up to campship, i mean it'd be cool if they dont spawn a bunch of stuff but people are going to do whatever without some consideration for the other 11 people they were farming with

NightlightPro
May 23, 2019, 05:23 AM
still wondering if we ever gonna get another difficulty in the future

i was thinking about MH (Mega Hard) where enemies are being lv 100+ and have faster animnation/attacks

on Topic, yes UH is the 15* paradise

it's raining 15*s

oratank
May 23, 2019, 05:28 AM

it's raining 15*s

not for me

vantpers
May 23, 2019, 05:31 AM
You can fix your loop caused by a person running to the exit by following the person to the exit and then making bigger loop until you reach your previous position and it's totally your fault that you play in multi party public space and your amazing plan didn't include people with collection files. In fact you can almost always fix your loop with minimal setbacks, unless there are more meta tiles that I was supposed to know about and always loop through them. Well it helps that I usually start up my MPAs and then lead the group so I can always just make a huge loop going near the exit. I still just go through big area in Forest or Ultimate Lilipa if it's in the way, no one disapproved of it yet and I can't even begin to care about spawn killing going 5 seconds slower once in 3-5 minutes because this tile is bad.

Meteor Weapon
May 23, 2019, 07:07 AM
Ultra Naberius is coming sooner than we thought.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7MDA_-UYAAIL8z.jpg

Loveless62
May 23, 2019, 10:56 AM

i was thinking about MH (Mega Hard) where enemies are being lv 100+ and have faster animnation/attacks

it's raining 15*s
At the last time I checked the item drop quest records, the Resonant 15*s had a similar drop rate as the 14*s that drop there.

Kintama
May 23, 2019, 11:08 AM
Loops are QUICKLY boring.

Thank you Sega for listening and making Freefields, just...not like this, give me a significantly long quest with no time limit where I can explore an area at my leisure while fighting UH mobs, and please oh please give me way more areas than just two, endless literally proved loadings lenghts weren't an issue for Sega since you can't beat Endless with an unreasonably long area loading time.

It's KILLING me that the best content in the game can only be enjoyed at lower levels (AQs)

Kondibon
May 23, 2019, 11:17 AM
Loops are QUICKLY boring.

Thank you Sega for listening and making Freefields, just...not like this, give me a significantly long quest with no time limit where I can explore an area at my leisure while fighting UH mobs, and please oh please give me way more areas than just two, endless literally proved loadings lenghts weren't an issue for Sega since you can't beat Endless with an unreasonably long area loading time.

It's KILLING me that the best content in the game can only be enjoyed at lower levels (AQs)

Took me a bit to parse what you were saying, but I agree. AQs are my favorite kind of quest, but the fact that they haven't been keeping up with the current content, and they cost capsules really turns me off to doing them nowadays. I'm also a bit tired of the 12 man MPA format for content like this because it means it usually isn't balanced with people soloing or single partying stuff in mind and it can kind of turn into a slog. In particular I really want a marathon quest that just takes you through all the areas and bosses.

XrosBlader821
May 23, 2019, 11:34 AM
Running in small areas is better cause they are usually more confined which means it's easier to hit everything making things go faster.

Not to mention in E. Forest the pond area was a huge waste of time, especially if you went by it 50 times compared to not going into it.

Yeah but small Areas don't spawn Big Vardha which is the only enemy dropping Mirage Gunslashes, which is hot money atm.

ArcaneTechs
May 23, 2019, 03:18 PM

it's raining 15*s

Directors are all over the place over the years with new difficulties and which maps get them that we shouldnt be even thinking about a new difficulty right now. Hell Ultimate isnt what it tradionally was anymore now that theyre just going to decide on it through stuff like solo Masq, no more field recreations like it used to be so instead its easier for them to be lazy about it and just work on selected bosses only and slap UH on it. Basically what Lilipa and Nab UH are: Ultimate content but with a different label.

I dont think we're ever going to get all XH fields at this point either

Dark Priest
May 24, 2019, 01:38 PM

it's raining 15*s

Not for me either, i think the only 15 star i'v gotten was the talis, but to be fair i have not been spamming it as much as i should as i have other characters to work on. and since UH is 85 minimum i'm locked out of it most of the time.

Also, i really don't think we need a multitude of different difficulty modes, it's starting to get out of hand..

Normal
Hard
Very hard
Super Hard
Extra Hard
Ultimate (though not really classified as an official difficulty chain)
Ultra hard.

getting a bit redundant.

I know the original PSO was

Normal.
Hard
Very Hard
Ultimate

If i remember anyway. with ultimate being the highest difficulty.

At this point just add new areas with one difficulty. like how enchanted forest does not have a normal or hard mode and starts at VH.

Flatflyer
May 25, 2019, 02:38 AM
right my main complain about UH is it just feels like a lazier version of UQ, like (some of) the enemies are modified, the music is modified but the scenery is just the same old scenery we've always seen and it just doesnt really fit with these more "advanced" looking versions of mobs to me.

Crevox
May 25, 2019, 04:27 AM
Yeah, Ultra Hard fields are pretty boring and lazy. I was willing to give it a chance because it was new but it's literally just another free field/MPA to run around in for hours and hope for a rare drop. Once you get the drop you need there's no reason to go back, if there was even a drop you needed; it's not worth running just for money and there are better options for EXP.

I think SEGA needs some alternative reward/progressions systems or reasons to go to these fields... alongside more innovation on the same formula they've been using for many years. I wasn't here when they added the XH versions of Forest/Caves/Coast but this seems like just a repeat and they're doing it again in 2 weeks with Ultra Hard Naberius. Slightly reskinned versions of a few bosses and shielding isn't enough to make it fresh. The areas are extremely old (desert now being 7 years old) and the only ACTUAL new enemies are those shield guys that rarely show up via a code, which just die because their gimmick is just "don't hit me from one direction, but from the other direction I just die." Ultimate had so much more effort put into it than this. The whole thing is a minimal asset reflip that is only built on hype of "omg but it's hard" when it's really not, and it's even worse that it's not rewarding.

If I was at least gathering some kind of tokens I could build up to trade for useful items of my choice I would feel a bit more motivated, but as is all you do is just hope for a specific rare drop, pure RNG with no way to target anything. They arbitrarily choose specific weapon types to add as drops for 15 stars so you may not even have something your class could use, and if they do, there's only a slim chance it's actually useful. Resonants are either only useful for phantoms or are easy free 15 stars for players that don't have an alternative options. Awake and mirage weapons are not only common, but worth nothing because they are just gimmicks. They are under 100k meseta on Ship 2's market.

I don't know why a geared player would come out to this "new, difficult" content. I literally came back to the game a month ago, only level 80 and in potato equipment, yet the only purpose I had to go there was the Rappy Egg which I ended up getting like 5 of from Easter instead of the field (and even then, it's basically nothing more than a cosmetic). Yeah, I'm a summoner, but I also made both a Lightstream and Atlas weapon which were easy options due to all the campaigns/events/game changes (grind cap 35 on drop), which both make the field drops useless. SEGA basically gave out these weapons for free due to their extreme generosity on campaigns, events, and game changes... and now they announced they're giving out another circular stone via another new title.

I also then got all the Resonant weapons from Easter regardless as well, because the same weapons drop both in the field and in the EQ, further deleting any reason to go to the actual Ultra Hard Fields. Not only does Easter EQ pop up so much, but they decided to sell the triggers for so cheap in nigh infinite quantity at the SG treasure shop that people just spam them all day on the quest counter for others to join. If Ultra Hard fields aren't good for returning players like me, but it also isn't good for veteran players that have been playing for months... who is this for? What is the purpose of going out there? The only thing I can think of is the carrot on a stick camo drop that is so rare that the majority of players will never see drop no matter how much they farm. Then this is gonna be the next 1-2 months of content?

Despite all the complaints about the quality of the content, I really wouldn't mind grinding it, but it just isn't worth it and I feel like there's minimal reason to. I would grind Ultra Hard for hours if there was some kind of reward, but there isn't. I haven't been back to the fields for over a week. I feel like SEGA really needs to reconsider their reward and gear progression design, because it just feels like a mess right now.

Probably gonna try the new EQ and move on from PSO2 until they add something more to do. These fields suck and I really feel like they're just lazy content padding. They could've made it very rewarding at least so there would be a reason to just burn time there, but no. Feels like a failed design in general.

ZerotakerZX
May 25, 2019, 07:49 AM
Yeah, Ultra Hard fields are pretty boring and lazy. I was willing to give it a chance because it was new but it's literally just another free field/MPA to run around in for hours and hope for a rare drop. Once you get the drop you need there's no reason to go back, if there was even a drop you needed; it's not worth running just for money and there are better options for EXP.

I think SEGA needs some alternative reward/progressions systems or reasons to go to these fields... alongside more innovation on the same formula they've been using for many years. I wasn't here when they added the XH versions of Forest/Caves/Coast but this seems like just a repeat and they're doing it again in 2 weeks with Ultra Hard Naberius. Slightly reskinned versions of a few bosses and shielding isn't enough to make it fresh. The areas are extremely old (desert now being 7 years old) and the only ACTUAL new enemies are those shield guys that rarely show up via a code, which just die because their gimmick is just "don't hit me from one direction, but from the other direction I just die." Ultimate had so much more effort put into it than this. The whole thing is a minimal asset reflip that is only built on hype of "omg but it's hard" when it's really not, and it's even worse that it's not rewarding.

If I was at least gathering some kind of tokens I could build up to trade for useful items of my choice I would feel a bit more motivated, but as is all you do is just hope for a specific rare drop, pure RNG with no way to target anything. They arbitrarily choose specific weapon types to add as drops for 15 stars so you may not even have something your class could use, and if they do, there's only a slim chance it's actually useful. Resonants are either only useful for phantoms or are easy free 15 stars for players that don't have an alternative options. Awake and mirage weapons are not only common, but worth nothing because they are just gimmicks. They are under 100k meseta on Ship 2's market.

I don't know why a geared player would come out to this "new, difficult" content. I literally came back to the game a month ago, only level 80 and in potato equipment, yet the only purpose I had to go there was the Rappy Egg which I ended up getting like 5 of from Easter instead of the field (and even then, it's basically nothing more than a cosmetic). Yeah, I'm a summoner, but I also made both a Lightstream and Atlas weapon which were easy options due to all the campaigns/events/game changes (grind cap 35 on drop), which both make the field drops useless. SEGA basically gave out these weapons for free due to their extreme generosity on campaigns, events, and game changes... and now they announced they're giving out another circular stone via another new title.

I also then got all the Resonant weapons from Easter regardless as well, because the same weapons drop both in the field and in the EQ, further deleting any reason to go to the actual Ultra Hard Fields. Not only does Easter EQ pop up so much, but they decided to sell the triggers for so cheap in nigh infinite quantity at the SG treasure shop that people just spam them all day on the quest counter for others to join. If Ultra Hard fields aren't good for returning players like me, but it also isn't good for veteran players that have been playing for months... who is this for? What is the purpose of going out there? The only thing I can think of is the carrot on a stick camo drop that is so rare that the majority of players will never see drop no matter how much they farm. Then this is gonna be the next 1-2 months of content?

Despite all the complaints about the quality of the content, I really wouldn't mind grinding it, but it just isn't worth it and I feel like there's minimal reason to. I would grind Ultra Hard for hours if there was some kind of reward, but there isn't. I haven't been back to the fields for over a week. I feel like SEGA really needs to reconsider their reward and gear progression design, because it just feels like a mess right now.

Probably gonna try the new EQ and move on from PSO2 until they add something more to do. These fields suck and I really feel like they're just lazy content padding. They could've made it very rewarding at least so there would be a reason to just burn time there, but no. Feels like a failed design in general.

Yeah, that's kinda lame. I also personally concerned with classes that have to techs. Healing nerf makes resta and megiverse less OP (only moderately OP instead of huge OP), while making mates items closer to being useless. I hope they'll address it sometime

Zephyrion
May 25, 2019, 10:45 AM

While I do agree on most points I also am calling big nostalgia lenses on past stuff like UQs. It was THAT much better to lock the best weapons in the game behind insane grind and money sinks to get them to full element because the drop rates were literally so shit you'd never see a weapon unless you grinded for literal dozens of hours, because that's why it took to clear the UQ 100+ time while religiously taking your COs for a 15 ele weapon, possibly more if you couldn't afford to feed it *13 repcas ad buy element boosters. They definitely didn't cycle fields or anything either so while it was very fun at first, it really became boring and stale after a while. UQ Amduscia being linear along with that godawful Gix file was the worst of the bunch.

Also let's be real at this point doing UQ all over again would also be called lazy recycling so only makes sense they went with a completely different formula. They can't reasonably release a flashy EQ and release brand new fields at the same time. If anything I found UH fields a lot more refreshing while bringing a nostalgic feeling, the one you had in EP1 actually staying in the fields and fighting decently tough enemies instead of just going down there and speedclearing for your daily stuff like it has been for a while now. I didn't find it especially lazy either since they added a good amount of new things and they're cycling those fast enough (UQ Naberius right around the corner with those sick looking Banthers) for them to stay fresh, which is something I can't exactly say about UQ, especially given how it has been milked to death through several campaigns.

echofaith
May 25, 2019, 01:24 PM
I dont like the current new fields. Every guru guru gets boring eventually but these happen to be old maps, so boredom will come even faster. Though my main complain is the drops. Having bad luck is normal and part of the RNG, but the drops themselves dont feel too good. I dont play many classes, so I am happy with 3 Atras and a Lightstream(soon 2) so these drops dont really motivate me to grind. I would settle with making 14* being able to be dismantled for gold mats, but right now they are just chump change you set at shop because of low demand. Even 13* are worth more :/

That being said, aside of 14* junk not having any use, I dont consider the fields bad. If anything I think is good they are recycling forgotten content. I mean, save AQs, no one does these fields unless they rushing for a CO. Maybe Naberius will motivate me(lillipa in general isnt appealing to me, and Tunnels is a chore because is too dark) and drops will be something I like.

Crevox
May 26, 2019, 12:00 AM
While I do agree on most points I also am calling big nostalgia lenses on past stuff like UQs.

I agree with your points, but at least there was more effort put into the content. The area was "different", and ALL the enemies were "different", with completely new bosses instead of just reskins. While it did take forever to get anything due to terrible drop rates, at least you had something to do. There was also weapons for everyone, and honestly the weapon designs and everything had a lot more effort put into them. Right now my problem is there's nothing for me to do in game besides go farm money.

There has to be a better, happier in-between/medium than this.

Dark Priest
May 27, 2019, 09:53 AM
In the end, UH is mainly an exp field for 85-90 since nothing else is worth doing if you don't get bonus keys, I guess we'll see if the new UH fields will offer something different, cause all 3 current ones just have the same enemies except maybe 1-2 (varda)

Stormwalker
May 27, 2019, 04:18 PM
While I am enjoying UH, I have to admit I'd really prefer a 4-player, more free-form version focused on completing quests rather than going around in circles all the time.

I still find I prefer Tunnels to Quarry and Desert, and it's hard to put my finger on exactly why. Less chasing is nice, but I feel like there is more to it than just that, and I'm not sure what it is.

Kondibon
May 27, 2019, 04:23 PM
I still find I prefer Tunnels to Quarry and Desert, and it's hard to put my finger on exactly why. Less chasing is nice, but I feel like there is more to it than just that, and I'm not sure what it is.The music is really good?

ArcaneTechs
May 27, 2019, 04:26 PM
The music is really good?

Tunnels - 10/10
Quarry - 8/10
Desert - you tried/10

tundra UH music was pretty good, ruins UH music is ass tho. dunno about forest, i dont think they played it during the stream

Kondibon
May 27, 2019, 04:36 PM
Tunnels - 10/10
Quarry - 8/10
Desert - you tried/10
Pretty much, Tunnels works so well because it's so different from the original, while still having familiar stuff.
Quarry was already good, so it's hard to mes up.
Desert is too similar to the original.

ArcaneTechs
May 27, 2019, 04:37 PM
Pretty much, Tunnels works so well because it's so different from the original, while still having familiar stuff.
Quarry was already good, so it's hard to mes up.
Desert is too similar to the original.

Desert feels like they tried to do something with it and nothing was really sticking so they went with what we got

mother clusterfck
May 28, 2019, 06:35 PM
I still don't get why Sega won't give us all explorations in XH with lvl 80 enemies or AQs for all areas but insists on adding content cause they don't understand that people get bored easily since there are too few alternatives to eqs.
Both lvl 80 explorations and AQs are a minimal effort for Sega with a big effect but instead we get UH now and lvl 80 enemies are now 10 lvls lower again, undoubtedly after the next 3 UH fields sega abandons that type of quest as well and moves on to something else yet again.

Shinamori
May 28, 2019, 07:14 PM
If you checked the roadmap, there's another set of UH ff in fall

ArcaneTechs
May 28, 2019, 09:57 PM
I still don't get why Sega won't give us all explorations in XH with lvl 80 enemies or AQs for all areas but insists on adding content cause they don't understand that people get bored easily since there are too few alternatives to eqs.
Both lvl 80 explorations and AQs are a minimal effort for Sega with a big effect but instead we get UH now and lvl 80 enemies are now 10 lvls lower again, undoubtedly after the next 3 UH fields sega abandons that type of quest as well and moves on to something else yet again.

majority of the gear coming from Nab UH is super garbage but I'll run it for one particular weapon and drop it. its a dam shame too that its already a DoA content release

Suirano
May 28, 2019, 10:15 PM
majority of the gear coming from Nab UH is super garbage but I'll run it for one particular weapon and drop it. its a dam shame too that its already a DoA content release

Did the pots of the UH Nab 15*s come out already?

ArcaneTechs
May 28, 2019, 10:28 PM
Did the pots of the UH Nab 15*s come out already?

Big thanks to Gestias for this fine information

https://pastebin.com/gDAyTum8

If too lazy to click pastebin link for new gear potentials:
[SPOILER-BOX]
14* Kai Upgrades

- Quelle Scarlette 24% Power
- Lavis Cannon 5% Power

15* Wired Lance: 10% Power increase, when hitting with Heavenly Fall with Max Gear, all gear is consumed and an AOE attack occures.

Genon Series: Power Increased by 8%, when a PA or Technique is used, you take damage. PP Consumption decreased by 45%

15* Dualblades: 10% Power Increased, when Gear is maxed using Distraction Wing consumes gear but adds slashing attacks.

Quelle Sticks: Power Increased by 10%, When One More Jump is activated attack speed increases, effect disappears when landing.

15* Jetboots: Power Increased by 9%, Just GUard enabled at the start of PAs

????: With successful Just Attacks, damage increased, Knockback Nullified.

15: TMGs: 10% Power Increase, when gear is above a certain threshold shift period is changed

15* Katana: Power Increased by 10%, Counter Edge Power increased by 15% when counter is successful the gear rises to Max.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Future ---CONTENT --- SPOILERS--- which seem pretty interesting
https://pastebin.com/KAcBDQqq
[SPOILER-BOX]
1st Human Story Boss is Varun

Second Human Story Boss is Potentially Shiva

Vopar is next Ultra Hard Area

4 Oceanid bosses are getting Ultralized

Second Generation of Lumimechs are coming

Galgryphon is getting Ultralized (This is very likely not the same as rainy day Gal coming)

Magatsu Ultralzed is coming[/SPOILER-BOX]

Suirano
May 28, 2019, 10:40 PM
Big thanks to Gestias for this fine information

https://pastebin.com/gDAyTum8

If too lazy to click pastebin link for new gear potentials:
[SPOILER-BOX]
14* Kai Upgrades

- Quelle Scarlette 24% Power
- Lavis Cannon 5% Power

15* Wired Lance: 10% Power increase, when hitting with Heavenly Fall with Max Gear, all gear is consumed and an AOE attack occures.

Genon Series: Power Increased by 8%, when a PA or Technique is used, you take damage. PP Consumption decreased by 45%

15* Dualblades: 10% Power Increased, when Gear is maxed using Distraction Wing consumes gear but adds slashing attacks.

Quelle Sticks: Power Increased by 10%, When One More Jump is activated attack speed increases, effect disappears when landing.

15* Jetboots: Power Increased by 9%, Just GUard enabled at the start of PAs

????: With successful Just Attacks, damage increased, Knockback Nullified.

15: TMGs: 10% Power Increase, when gear is above a certain threshold shift period is changed

15* Katana: Power Increased by 10%, Counter Edge Power increased by 15% when counter is successful the gear rises to Max.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Future ---CONTENT --- SPOILERS--- which seem pretty interesting
https://pastebin.com/KAcBDQqq
[SPOILER-BOX]
1st Human Story Boss is Varun

Second Human Story Boss is Potentially Shiva

Vopar is next Ultra Hard Area

4 Oceanid bosses are getting Ultralized

Second Generation of Lumimechs are coming

Galgryphon is getting Ultralized (This is very likely not the same as rainy day Gal coming)

Magatsu Ultralzed is coming[/SPOILER-BOX]

Apparently someone just told me that Jupiter Tullus' Ultimate booster pot outpowers an Atlas EX 15*. I am wondering what the hell kind of pot lets it do that given Atlas having SSA 1-4 and JT doesn't.

[SPOILER-BOX] UH Magatsu?! I am curious if he will be completely different. I hope it is different and not just more HP [/SPOILER-BOX]

ArcaneTechs
May 28, 2019, 11:03 PM
Apparently someone just told me that Jupiter Tullus' Ultimate booster pot outpowers an Atlas EX 15*. I am wondering what the hell kind of pot lets it do that given Atlas having SSA 1-4 and JT doesn't.

[SPOILER-BOX] UH Magatsu?! I am curious if he will be completely different. I hope it is different and not just more HP [/SPOILER-BOX]

i read elsewhere that its 3rd best DB's because of that Pot but absolutely not better than Atra EX/LS

Suirano
May 28, 2019, 11:32 PM
i read elsewhere that its 3rd best DB's because of that Pot but absolutely not better than Atra EX/LS

I assumed SSAs would still make the 15*s better overall. I mean, I have three Jupiter Tullus' thanks to E. Forest so I am fine with using those again instead of making new DBs but it did seem a little of a stretch for a 14*s power to be directly behind Lightstream and beat Atlas.

( it being up there with Austere and Serpen is nice tho )

ArcaneTechs
May 28, 2019, 11:55 PM
I assumed SSAs would still make the 15*s better overall. I mean, I have three Jupiter Tullus' thanks to E. Forest so I am fine with using those again instead of making new DBs but it did seem a little of a stretch for a 14*s power to be directly behind Lightstream and beat Atlas.

( it being up there with Austere and Serpen is nice tho )

i honestly dont know what Sega is doing, we didn't need some rando power revival for these Gen One 14*'s at all. Now I imagine if these did have SSA's it could spell some trouble but it would piss a whole lot of people off if they somehow matched or outpowered the 2 best series out right now which in return would force Sega to buff those. I really don't know I mean look at Lavis wand, it's like Sega doesn't want people to move on from that Wand now that Atra EX wand has been out (and general wand speed boost)

Suirano
May 29, 2019, 12:23 AM
i honestly dont know what Sega is doing, we didn't need some rando power revival for these Gen One 14*'s at all. Now I imagine if these did have SSA's it could spell some trouble but it would piss a whole lot of people off if they somehow matched or outpowered the 2 best series out right now which in return would force Sega to buff those. I really don't know I mean look at Lavis wand, it's like Sega doesn't want people to move on from that Wand now that Atra EX wand has been out (and general wand speed boost)

I never really understand a lot of things Sega does. Example being why is there no training dummy in game yet and why is that even something that needs to be discussed amongst the dev team. There is a part of me that is happy that I kept those 14*s and can use them again but there is the part of me confused as to why this is even a thing with all the 15*s ( and recent 14*s ) out already.

Meteor Weapon
May 29, 2019, 12:40 AM
I still use Quelle Scarlette lol.

And hoping Sega make Austere-NT worth all that bullshit effort with Ultimate Boosters in the future...if they ever implement it lol

Suirano
May 29, 2019, 12:42 AM
I still use Quelle Scarlette lol.

And hoping Sega make Austere-NT worth all that bullshit effort

When you realize that Slave and Nemesis NT only drops in Ultimate which nobody does anymore lol.