PDA

View Full Version : Balance Patch VII: The Phantom Menace

Altiea
Jun 8, 2019, 01:43 PM
This list is NOT comprehensive! More changes will be added as they are announced!

Also known as the "buff niche things people barely use anymore" Patch.

Ranger
- Power Bullet: Effect Duration UP (20s -> 120s)
- Sharpshooter: Effective Range Extended
- Parallel Slider Type-0: Movement Speed UP
- Impact Slider: Added Piercing, movement distance can now be adjusted
- Satellite Cannon: Range UP
- Added Super Armor to the following Launcher PAs:
-- Zero Distance
-- Crazy Smash
-- Flame Bullet
-- Cosmos Breaker

Katana
- Shunka Shunran: Power UP. Tracks vertically if used while airborne.
- Kanran Kikyou: Power UP
- Kazan Nadeshiko Type-0: Power UP
- Katana Combat: Added Guard Point on activation and extended attack range. Katana Combat Finish recovers more Gear and PP on hit.

Bouncer
- Field Remain: Duration UP (10s -> 30s)
- DB Gear: Improved PA power bonus for Gear Lv. 1/2
- Easier Step Cancel timing for four PAs
- Dispersion Shrike: Range UP, Speed UP
- Justice Crow: Power UP, Speed UP, Range UP. Guard Point on activation added. Aerial drop relaxed. Adjusted damage distribution.

Phantom
- Phantom Shift: Power UP

Katana (PH)
- Folterzeit: Range UP
- Shift Wolkenkratzer: Range UP, Gear Gain UP
- Shift Rose Schwert: Marker Gain UP

Rod (PH)
- Schwarzekatze/Shift Schwarzekatze: Power UP
- Eisen Fluegel/Shift Eisen Fluegel: Power UP

Rifle (PH)
- Shift Nachtangriff: Power UP. Added Step Cancel timing.
- Verbrechen: Power UP
- Shift Verbrechen: Power UP. Extended attack duration/range.
- Strafe: Extended attack duration/range.
- Shift Strafe: Gear Gain UP

GHNeko
Jun 8, 2019, 03:23 PM
good job depreciating the already lack luster and imo awful skill that is auto dodge field lmao
field remain going to full 30s sounds nice for fibo and tebo

ph buffs are fantastic.

shunka dunka revival sounds nice, as does kanran buffs and kazan buffs.

Kondibon
Jun 8, 2019, 07:41 PM
Wasn't the point of the Bo 85 skill to not need to put the fields on your bar? I think the 100% uptime from buffing field remain is just a side effect of them trying to make the fields more useful with everyone running around. Too bad the fields themselves still aren't that good for group support. :wacko:

Stormwalker
Jun 8, 2019, 08:42 PM
Somehow, I don't think the changes to DB's are going to be enough to really improve its lot, unless that is one hell of a buff to Justice Crow.

Dark Mits
Jun 9, 2019, 02:43 AM
At this point they might as well convert BO's Fields to regular buffs and also give them Long-time Assist and TE's lvl85 skill; then convert Atlas S4 skill to extending their duration to 240sec.

Kondibon
Jun 9, 2019, 02:51 AM
At this point they might as well convert BO's Fields to regular buffs and also give them Long-time Assist and TE's lvl85 skill; then convert Atlas S4 skill to extending their duration to 240sec.That wouldn't make them much better for general group support.

XrosBlader821
Jun 9, 2019, 02:54 AM
At this point they might as well convert BO's Fields to regular buffs and also give them Long-time Assist and TE's lvl85 skill; then convert Atlas S4 skill to extending their duration to 240sec.

How about we just change the level 85 skill into duration extender. I don't think making the duration worth a damn exclusive to S4 would fix anything, just force Bo into one single S4.

Ransu
Jun 9, 2019, 08:16 AM
Somehow, I don't think the changes to DB's are going to be enough to really improve its lot, unless that is one hell of a buff to Justice Crow.

I'd say they are pretty substantial. More Critical Field uptime and less damage variance between gear 1 and 2 is a minor damage boost. Dispersion Shrike having more range and speed saves more time when needing to use it in the air for PA rotations. Justice Crow is interesting though. I imagine the guard frame will be pretty useful if you use it in the air or just want to hit things at range now (think Deus + PB Homing). I just hope the damage boost and utility is huge enough to consider throwing it into my palletes now. The Step Cancellation relaxation is just icing on the cake for more Dodge Auto Field procs but I still wish it just applied to Weapon Action.

MightyHarken
Jun 11, 2019, 11:13 PM
I like the changes on RA overall, but they're not enough. Satellite cannon needs an up in the charging time, if not, it needs to follow the target it locked on. Also, Power bullet should give a 35% damage buff to special bullet damage, and reduce their cooldown by 50%

ArcaneTechs
Jun 11, 2019, 11:43 PM
I like the changes on RA overall, but they're not enough. Satellite cannon needs an up in the charging time, if not, it needs to follow the target it locked on. Also, Power bullet should give a 35% damage buff to special bullet damage, and reduce their cooldown by 50%

- 35% dmg upon WB hitting its target
or
- 35% overall dmg increase for 2 whole minutes that certainly isnt over the top

https://media1.tenor.com/images/3d4d31e731895a886a9c5c241a607db2/tenor.gif?itemid=13597091

Sriracha X
Jun 12, 2019, 12:17 AM
I like the rifle buffs for Ph but I wish they'd let you be able to detonate shifted Nachtangriff closer to yourself. For me, the problem is that you can't detonate it until it gets to mid range and it's easy to screw up the positioning for it (and not get the juicy double hit) if the target moves even a little. At least you'll be able to step out of it now

Buffs to shifted Verbrechen and Strafe are nice too but I was hoping Strafe would also get a damage buff since I think it's a little too weak compared to something like Wise Hound. Might be ok with the longer duration and who knows, the damage buff to shifted Verbrechen might make up for that

Hope the gear gain on shifted Strafe makes it worth using. I honestly can't think of a reason to use it besides stun

Suirano
Jun 12, 2019, 05:09 AM
I wish that the lvl 85 Bo skill triggered with weapon actions too. I know I generally do the PB dodge more than the normal dodge with DBs out of habit. I also kind of wish Distraction Wing would be a little better. While I do like that it turns, If you miss a target, you go through the boss and that is kind of annoying.

Ransu
Jul 8, 2019, 06:46 AM
Haven't really seen it be discussed but Sega had listed more comprehensive information in regards to these upcoming balance changes. It looks like Wired Lances and Dual Blades are getting a whole lot of love this time around!

Kondibon
Jul 8, 2019, 10:26 AM
There were some buffs to the evolved pets too. Might make them worth using over the unevolved ones if you don't need the defense. Especially Wanda and Popple, though popple was probably the relative best out of the evolved pets anyway. I think Torim's extra defense is still going to be more important than Aero's extra reach on spiral though. Not sure why Aero shout is getting a damage buff...

TakemiShinnosuke
Jul 8, 2019, 10:33 AM
Come on hero buff!!

Sizustar
Jul 8, 2019, 01:56 PM
Fire tech need a buff too

GHNeko
Jul 8, 2019, 02:03 PM
Come on hero buff!!

hero doesnt need a buff though. its still among one of the best classes in the game lmao.

Fire tech need a buff too

fire needs huuuuuuuuge buffs.

Dragwind
Jul 8, 2019, 04:18 PM
hero doesnt need a buff though. its still among one of the best classes in the game lmao.

fire needs huuuuuuuuge buffs.

Hero boost needs a buff. It can easily make a great Hr totally garbage under stupid circumstances.

I do agree that some fire techs could use a buff.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 8, 2019, 04:19 PM
Hero boost needs a buff. It can easily make a great Hr totally garbage under stupid circumstances.

I do agree that some fire techs could use a buff.

if they fix the Thres on HB that be more than good enough of a buff

Sizustar
Jul 9, 2019, 09:25 AM
And it'll be interesting to see what other PA stuff they add in the August/September update, maybe we'll get info at the next live ark event.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_Be1a5VAAArquv.jpg

Nyansan
Jul 10, 2019, 04:14 AM
Cleasis units are 40 s/r/t atk, 90hp, 10pp with 4% s/r/t resist (up from 25 s/r/t atk, 60hp, 10pp, 3% s/r/t resist)

TakemiShinnosuke
Jul 10, 2019, 04:24 AM
please tell me its not better than LS lol. I just affixed my LS during boost week -_-

Kondibon
Jul 10, 2019, 04:30 AM
It's not. I don't think anyone expected it to be either. They're barely an upgrade over bode.

Dark Mits
Jul 10, 2019, 04:53 AM
Yep. I failed badly with my prediction (and hope) as well. It's a downgrade in every single aspect from Lightstream.
Maybe it can be used as off-spec for when we do Tokyo keys.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jul 10, 2019, 04:55 AM
hah.. it means people like me are still tops then. Full atra ex set ( Hero ) and full LS unit set !!

Nyansan
Jul 10, 2019, 05:04 AM
The unit specs actually fall between my expected values for them (pegged them at additional 20~40 hp + a bit more resist with no change to pp, akin to how ray upgrade went). LS is obviously still best, and if you have bode/izane they're more of a sidegrade.

Did a round of the new LQ, everything to get that 15* atlas/LS is droppable there (schvelle/falz/invade weapons). No clue yet on whether ult boosters drop there too