Maulcun
Jun 14, 2019, 10:45 AM
Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJdhe_qjto0&feature=youtu.be&rel=0

Site
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20190529/

TakemiShinnosuke
Jun 14, 2019, 10:56 AM
yay ultimate booster.. any notes on this yet ??

XrosBlader821
Jun 14, 2019, 11:14 AM
yay ultimate booster.. any notes on this yet ??

you can compare EP4 14* weapon potentials ingame already
some of them dont display anything tho

TakemiShinnosuke
Jun 14, 2019, 11:16 AM
wait wait
so the ultimate booster allows to change the pot effect only ??

does it allow you to actually port over that port to another weapon ??
if porting does work , which particular series or isit all EP4 14* ??

Anduril
Jun 14, 2019, 11:28 AM
wait wait
so the ultimate booster allows to change the pot effect only ??

does it allow you to actually port over that port to another weapon ??
if porting does work , which particular series or isit all EP4 14* ??

They just allow you to switch to an different Potential on a weapon (just like with Arena Boosters, Weaponoid Booster, Qliphad Fuses, etc.), which in this case are upgraded versions of the previous Potential. As of right now, it seems to only be 1st gen 14* (ie. the ones you can get from Conquerer's Crests).

Meteor Weapon
Jun 14, 2019, 11:34 AM
wish they'd add S-Abilities on those weapons

Kondibon
Jun 14, 2019, 12:09 PM
wish they'd add S-Abilities on those weaponsThe lack of them is the main reason they're being buffed. Let's be real here, who would put anything other than damage on them anyway?

NightlightPro
Jun 14, 2019, 12:10 PM
the return of grind fodders at last

Kintama
Jun 14, 2019, 01:05 PM
The lack of them is the main reason they're being buffed. Let's be real here, who would put anything other than damage on them anyway?

*laughs in burn V arca*

Dark Priest
Jun 14, 2019, 01:56 PM
The lack of them is the main reason they're being buffed. Let's be real here, who would put anything other than damage on them anyway?

Hey now, You leave my burn and freeze weapons alone, Not all of us are one track minds and just "DAMAGE ONRY!!" On all weapons under the sun.

Kondibon
Jun 14, 2019, 02:17 PM
??? I meant for s-abilities anyway.

Also burn wasn't super relevant until UH. I have no idea what you're doing with freeze on a non-tech class. Making mobs more annoying to group up?

Anduril
Jun 14, 2019, 02:18 PM
*laughs in burn V arca*

Hey now, You leave my burn and freeze weapons alone, Not all of us are one track minds and just "DAMAGE ONRY!!" On all weapons under the sun.
I'm pretty sure Kondibon is saying who would use anything other than damage SSAs if they were added to the 1st Gen 14*s. Basically, adding SSA slots without changing the Potential is the same as just adding a damage boost to the Potential if someone is just going to add Damage SSAs.

Kondibon
Jun 14, 2019, 02:23 PM
I'm pretty sure Kondibon is saying who would use anything other than damage SSAs if they were added to the 1st Gen 14*s. Basically, adding SSA slots without changing the Potential is the same as just adding a damage boost to the Potential if someone is just going to add Damage SSAs.Yes that. I wouldn't mind turning my Spread Needle into an attack pp recovery monster, but it already recovers so much in the situations I use it that it doesn't need it.

ralf542
Jun 14, 2019, 02:50 PM
What's wrong with Photon Reduction/Phantasmal Reduction, Instant Reduction? From what i've seen in the lobby and my MPA's PP reduction/regen SSA's are the way to go, i'm the only idiot there using dmg SSA in all slots.

Kondibon
Jun 14, 2019, 03:00 PM
What's wrong with Photon Reduction/Phantasmal Reduction, Instant Reduction? From what i've seen in the lobby and my MPA's PP reduction/regen SSA's are the way to go, i'm the only idiot there using dmg SSA in all slots.They're considerably cheaper. I was using pp stuff on my rod before I got more damage SSAs to put on it.

Dark Priest
Jun 14, 2019, 03:08 PM
I'm pretty sure Kondibon is saying who would use anything other than damage SSAs if they were added to the 1st Gen 14*s. Basically, adding SSA slots without changing the Potential is the same as just adding a damage boost to the Potential if someone is just going to add Damage SSAs.

That is a lot more clear, i can just count on you to put out those fires before they start, can't i.

it did seems silly the way i thought he was saying it.

They're considerably cheaper. I was using pp stuff on my rod before I got more damage SSAs to put on it.

They are cheaper, unless you find weapons with the damage boosters on your self, they are extremely expensive if you buy them, hell augment intent alone, usually goes for no less then 15 mil from what i'v seen. all the straight damage boosters? 8 mil minimum.

Kondibon
Jun 14, 2019, 03:13 PM
I actually kinda resent the existence of damage SSAs because they push a lot of other interesting or potentially useful stuff out.

Dark Priest
Jun 14, 2019, 03:16 PM
I remember when i was trying to find decent weapons after i came back from a break and i settled at first on the flame weapons, the violent flame one that could hold 3 SSAs and i though to my self "oh, all i have to do is get 3 damage intent on it, cool 6% damage, yeah."

Shop: "Hi, THAT WILL BE 50-60 MIL, PLEASE.

Me: No..

Kondibon
Jun 14, 2019, 03:32 PM
I got lucky with Cheap Red Petal Flashes. Also, the conditional damage bonuses tend to be cheaper.

SteveCZ
Jun 14, 2019, 10:07 PM
The scratch I wanted is coming at last. :blush:

ZerotakerZX
Jun 15, 2019, 12:02 AM

Yes, that was like super obvious. Some ppl are so bad at reading and so good at getting upset

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 15, 2019, 01:31 AM
I still would prefer the "create a 15* version via trade-in with scaled up stats and s1-3" path.

XrosBlader821
Jun 15, 2019, 02:19 AM
I actually kinda resent the existence of damage SSAs because they push a lot of other interesting or potentially useful stuff out.

Dito. at best Damage ups should've been tied to Flash skills or more of the harder to meet conditionals.Or Ideally be like S4 in that they're completely unique.and not "S1: Ability that was already a S2".

Yes, that was like super obvious. Some ppl are so bad at reading and so good at getting upset

Or people tried to be funny because its rather rare to see someone unironically go for Status Effects on their weapon and you missed the joke.

Dark Mits
Jun 15, 2019, 02:32 AM
I don't think the problem is that damage abilities exist. I think the problem is that they are the best options for nearly 99% of possible builds and content.

But on the other hand, any non-damage options are not exactly helpful. Why ask for more PP regen or lower PP costs if I can do 1-2 autoattacks to get 50PP+ back? [Yes, i know that there are builds that do not have this luxury]. What is the benefit of abilities that reduce incoming damage? What is the benefit of abilities that increase incoming heals, when even in UH with 50% healing reduction we get back to full hp in 1.5 Resta ticks? What is the benefit of those Flash abilities when they turn out to be on average equal or worse to the static abilities, and at the same time do not activate on will?

But another important benefit of direct damage amplifying abilities is that by increasing our damage, we simultaneously reduce combat time, which means we are exposed for less time to enemy attacks, therefore further devaluing non-damage abilities.

Kondibon
Jun 15, 2019, 03:26 AM
I don't think the problem is that damage abilities exist. I think the problem is that they are the best options for nearly 99% of possible builds and content.That's why it's a problem that they exist. :/

ZerotakerZX
Jun 15, 2019, 03:53 AM
Dito. at best Damage ups should've been tied to Flash skills or more of the harder to meet conditionals.Or Ideally be like S4 in that they're completely unique.and not "S1: Ability that was already a S2".

Or people tried to be funny because its rather rare to see someone unironically go for Status Effects on their weapon and you missed the joke.
Yes, cause toxic accusation about dps shaming is so much fun. Don't write anything anymore, you are bad at coherency.

Dark Priest
Jun 15, 2019, 05:31 AM

Na, it wasn't "super obvious" what IS obvious, however, is kids like you wanting digital back pats for making stupid, pointless posts like that instead of just leaving it alone, No one gives a shit about your snarky retorts that adds nothing

Also, take the time to look up the difference between "sarcasm" and "upset" to help you look just a little less dumb.

You were better off keeping your mouth shut. kiddo.

That's why it's a problem that they exist. :/

People always just flock to pure damage increase whenever possible. because for most that is all that matters.

Kondibon
Jun 15, 2019, 05:44 AM
People always just flock to pure damage increase whenever possible. because for most that is all that matters.For most of the game it IS all that matters. Like Dark Mits said, why get pp recovery over more damage when you don't really need more pp recovery? Most of the utility ones aren't as useful as raw damage, but if damage wasn't an option you'd see people optimizing things at least on a per weapon/class basis instead of just slapping more damage on the weapon.

Though I guess there is some thought to be put into which conditionals work for what you're doing. No one is gonna use crit SSAs on a Ra/Hu, meanwhile they're basically free on Br/Ph.

Dark Priest
Jun 15, 2019, 05:48 AM
For most of the game it IS all that matters. Like Dark Mits said, why get pp recovery over more damage when you don't really need more pp recovery? Most of the utility ones aren't as useful as raw damage, but if damage wasn't an option you'd see people optimizing things at least on a per weapon/class basis instead of just slapping more damage on the weapon.

Though I guess there is some thought to be put into which conditionals work for what you're doing. No one is gonna use crit SSAs on a Ra/Hu, meanwhile they're basically free on Br/Ph.

I think that is why they started just adding damage boosts to most pots now, in addition to something unique. because they knew this, But pure damage increases are hard to come by as we already noted. so we need alternatives untill you get such SSAs.

Kondibon
Jun 15, 2019, 05:55 AM
I think that is why they started just adding damage boosts to most pots now, in addition to something unique. because they knew this, But pure damage increases are hard to come by as we already noted. so we need alternatives untill you get such SSAs.The pure damage ones are weaker than the conditionals anyway, so the conditional ones are the better options. Honestly, for most normal content I feel like stacking the damage isn't as important as utility though. I prefer better pp management for anything that requires keeping up with lots of people, because there simply aren't as many chances to slow down and recover your pp.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jun 15, 2019, 06:44 AM
The pure damage ones are weaker than the conditionals anyway, so the conditional ones are the better options. Honestly, for most normal content I feel like stacking the damage isn't as important as utility though. I prefer better pp management for anything that requires keeping up with lots of people, because there simply aren't as many chances to slow down and recover your pp.

same here. PP upkeep is tough. Wish there was a way around this

Dark Priest
Jun 15, 2019, 07:04 AM
The pure damage ones are weaker than the conditionals anyway, so the conditional ones are the better options. Honestly, for most normal content I feel like stacking the damage isn't as important as utility though. I prefer better pp management for anything that requires keeping up with lots of people, because there simply aren't as many chances to slow down and recover your pp.

I noticed, when i was playing around with Fo/Ph and i realized they have a serious PP Issues i and PP reduction costs and and regen was far more important then just increasing damage, i already don't follow that line, as i just mainly focus on conditional damage, because i'm not paying absurd prices for the pure damage boosters. originally i also thought all that mattered was the pure damage SSAs and i was looking for what to use untill i could get my hands on them, but over time, i realized i really didn't need them.

Sega does give you options, which is good. but sega knows that people want those pots to be pure damage + conditional and not just one or the other.