PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 U.S Discussion Thread.

Alexandrious12
Jun 25, 2019, 02:09 PM
Welp opening this one up since the last one got closed for unknown reasons. Likely due to all the Toxicity talk about Elitism and "Freebs". Seriously though, keep that stuff out guys. No one really cares. What people do care about is PSO2 coming to U.S!

I myself am very excited for it, heck my first online game was PSO when it newly came out on the Dreamcast while I was living on a Military Base in Rota Spain. Had spotty spanish 56k internet connection at the time but it was good enough to play multiplayer with. Lol....those by the hour rates though....

I will likely take a two week vacation when it comes out. My main two classes ill likely use the most is Bo/Hu and Hero. But damn a near whole year away. Guess ill keep myself busy with my massive collection of games and FFXIV for now. I also work out every day and keeps the stress off.

So what are you guys excited for?

Kondibon
Jun 25, 2019, 03:09 PM
So what are you guys excited for?The reactions of people who only played PSO1 when they play it.

Anduril
Jun 25, 2019, 04:42 PM
The reactions of people who only played PSO1 when they play it.

The people who only played PSU on the 360 will likely have similar reactions.
Heck, when I started playing, the idea of dodging and jumping in a Phantasy Star game threw me a bit (blocking was not that big of a deal since I loved Saber+Shield in PSP2).

Alucard V
Jun 25, 2019, 06:14 PM
A DPS heavy mete game, people waiting for EQs, and Isekai Bull Shit in place of a Space Opera.
Basically a dumpster fire.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 25, 2019, 06:26 PM
i look forward to seeing if Sega doesnt fuck up with the PSU treatment down the line and hope the infinite Xmas lobby doesn't occur all over again but outside that, I look forward to reliving all the complaints that initially came with the JP start of the game but now in EN instead. Can't wait to see Takemi promote TMG main Hero's only and Importer EPD only strats to the new West audience :wacko:

Meteor Weapon
Jun 25, 2019, 10:27 PM
Should we warn to people about how PSO2 is absolutely not PSO1 or just sit back and just eat popcorn?

ArcaneTechs
Jun 25, 2019, 10:41 PM
Should we warn to people about how PSO2 is absolutely not PSO1 or just sit back and just eat popcorn?

id say sit back and watch, you can tell people still but they'll need to play first before coming to a decision

Dark Mits
Jun 26, 2019, 12:47 AM
I'm waiting to see my face when I compare Sega's official translation to Tweaker's team, to which I have been accustomed so many years now.

Poyonche
Jun 26, 2019, 01:06 AM
I'm waiting to see my face when I compare Sega's official translation compared to Tweaker's team, to which I have been accustomed to so many years now.

Well, pretty sure you can say good bye to Illegal Negro and Hebrew Punisher. :wacko:

Dark Mits
Jun 26, 2019, 01:35 AM
Well, pretty sure you can say good bye to Illegal Negro and Hebrew Punisher. :wacko:At first I was thinking the names of the NPCs, and then some of my favourite cutscenes which I like to watch from time to time. But yeah, we should bid adieu to these weapon names :D

ArcaneTechs
Jun 26, 2019, 02:49 AM
Well, pretty sure you can say good bye to Illegal Negro and Hebrew Punisher. :wacko:

doooood i forgot all about these, im curious too about the name changes

NightlightPro
Jun 26, 2019, 03:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDKZt6pDx8M

All these people must have never played PSO in ages

Flatflyer
Jun 26, 2019, 03:44 AM
I'm waiting to see my face when I compare Sega's official translation to Tweaker's team, to which I have been accustomed so many years now.

cant wait to see "Chroto" show up or have "Jig" upgrade my weapons to 15 star rarity :)

LinkEP
Jun 26, 2019, 04:18 AM

also waiting to see if they kept PS1 protagonist's name as "Alis Landale", or they will use Japan's version "Alicer Landeel".
Others too: Eusis (Rolf), Fal (Rika), Kein (Rhys).
[SPOILER-BOX]For those wondering where I read "Alicer". It's in the Saturn's Phantasy Star Collection art gallery
@3:44 https://youtu.be/ngpzbSj1-3Q?t=224[/SPOILER-BOX]

Loveless62
Jun 26, 2019, 02:01 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDKZt6pDx8M[/SPOILER-BOX]

I wonder how these people handled it when Sega originally announced PSO2 was coming to the West in 2012?

Kondibon
Jun 26, 2019, 02:07 PM
Looking at it, I'm curious what content creators are actually going to stick with the game long term. It would be weird to get an english, Gaijin Hunter, Wooden Potatoes, or Brozime for PSO2. Maknotek seems to have started doing a lot, but he already plays the JP version.

modoru
Jun 26, 2019, 03:29 PM
aren't the existing NPC names based on official translations from 4gamer or some such?

landman
Jun 26, 2019, 06:22 PM
You may not know this, but the tweaker team has taken some of the official localisations from the SEA server (episode 1 was properly localised by sega, unlike the later content that was google translated) so you actually have a mix of fan translations and official translations, specially npc lobby chats or mission descriptions, ever wondered what's a woddan or a zesh ryder reading some of those descriptions?

metatime
Jun 26, 2019, 09:04 PM

id say sit back and watch, you can tell people still but they'll need to play first before coming to a decision

I was huge into PSO. I definitely tried PSO2 on the JP server and it really felt it was PSO gameplay, movement and style that have been beefed up in a good way. PSU seems like they tried to go a bit of a different direction and I never liked it. I'm super excited to be coming back next year to PSO2!

Loveless62
Jun 26, 2019, 10:15 PM
Looking at it, I'm curious what content creators are actually going to stick with the game long term. It would be weird to get an english, Gaijin Hunter, Wooden Potatoes, or Brozime for PSO2. Maknotek seems to have started doing a lot, but he already plays the JP version.
One of the things I am hoping that NA PSO2 will bring is to increased the presence PSO2 has on Twitch. Right now it is pretty rare that all PSO2 channels combined even have 100 viewers. Hopefully, with an officially supported NA version of PSO2, more players and viewers will be attracted to the game.

NightlightPro
Jun 29, 2019, 04:38 AM
but the real question is:

will they keep Hans ethnicity or change it

i just couldn't imagine Hans being white-skinned

isCasted
Jun 29, 2019, 04:44 AM
A better question would be: will they change the ethnicity of a guy who dies from a Dagan in one of the first scenes of EP1?

Meteor Weapon
Jun 29, 2019, 07:05 AM
A better question would be: will they change the ethnicity of a guy who dies from a Dagan in one of the first scenes of EP1?

Does that guy still exist?

Kondibon
Jun 29, 2019, 07:11 AM
but the real question is:

will they keep Hans ethnicity or change it

i just couldn't imagine Hans being white-skinned

Why would they change Hans?

A better question would be: will they change the ethnicity of a guy who dies from a Dagan in one of the first scenes of EP1?What ethnicity is he?

landman
Jun 29, 2019, 02:40 PM
Does that guy still exist?
That was modified in omnibus, the guy either no longer dies or we don't see it.

StreetFighter2242
Jun 29, 2019, 03:36 PM
The reactions of people who only played PSO1 when they play it.

Between you and me... Is that supposed to be a good or bad thing?

StreetFighter2242
Jun 29, 2019, 03:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDKZt6pDx8M

Hmmm...It would I seem I underestimated the situation

Kondibon
Jun 29, 2019, 03:54 PM
Between you and me... Is that supposed to be a good or bad thing?

I want to see the reactions of people who only played PSO1 when they play it. There's no qualifier or elaboration there, I'm just curious for the same reason someone would be curious about seeing someone play FFXV when the last one they played was IV.

Dark Mits
Jun 29, 2019, 05:36 PM
I want to see the reactions of people who only played PSO1 when they play it. There's no qualifier or elaboration there, I'm just curious for the same reason someone would be curious about seeing someone play FFXV when the last one they played was IV.Just nitpicking, but I'd say the difference is about the same when comparing FFX to FFXIII (shift from 100% turn-based to 100% real-time, also shift from maze-like dungeons and areas to straight linear paths)

marsprite
Jul 2, 2019, 03:57 AM
I squee-ed uncontrollably for about 2 minutes after hearing about this a couple days post e3 in a podcast I was listening to by pretty good gaming covering e3.
I immediately pulled over and googled it to make sure they weren't making a mean joke. More squee time. Then I calmed down and carried on with my day.

So, I think I quit playing the JP game somewhere around level 40? It's been so long I don't really remember.
I've always found the first bit of a new character very boring in PSO games, and I'm hoping someone can theory craft a good starter guide on 0 to hero for the US version so people who didn't do all the things in PSO2 can benefit from the knowledge of the people who did. Or maybe there is something like that that already exists.

otakun
Jul 2, 2019, 08:35 AM
I squee-ed uncontrollably for about 2 minutes after hearing about this a couple days post e3 in a podcast I was listening to by pretty good gaming covering e3.
I immediately pulled over and googled it to make sure they weren't making a mean joke. More squee time. Then I calmed down and carried on with my day.

So, I think I quit playing the JP game somewhere around level 40? It's been so long I don't really remember.
I've always found the first bit of a new character very boring in PSO games, and I'm hoping someone can theory craft a good starter guide on 0 to hero for the US version so people who didn't do all the things in PSO2 can benefit from the knowledge of the people who did. Or maybe there is something like that that already exists.

Well, there can't be a truly reliable guide of the US version since we aren't 100% sure what "all content" means. Also, there are huge advantages to coming into JP version, like being able to just buy a half decent leveling weapon and getting a bunch of easy exp items we don't even know the US version will even have. So, we need to wait at least a week into US release to know exactly the best things to do outside of "do all EQs and use boosts".

ArcaneTechs
Jul 2, 2019, 10:24 AM

Theres a daily rotation of some of the past LQs used as Leveling Quests (naturally the best one is World Engulfed in Flames; Boss rush) that people can do. Sega talked about streamlining it or something sometime this year so if anything that will most likely be what US players will be doing instead of running AQ's. Someone will make a more simplified guide later on to help anyways once we know where the game will be since both servers will be on the same content