PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Booster "Plus" Potential 14* Weapons

Rizer
Jul 7, 2019, 08:36 PM
If anyone's lucky enough to get 12 Ultimate Boosters in their grimmy little paws please share us your experience on how does it stack against the big league 15*?

So far I hear Jupiter Tullus "Plus" potential is on par with Lightstream!

Reilet
Jul 8, 2019, 02:02 AM
Only Jupiter Tullus and Rykros is worth it.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 8, 2019, 03:22 AM
Only Jupiter Tullus and Rykros is worth it.

thousand times this but definitely dont agree with Tulius being on par with Atra EX or Lightstream, more like 3rd despite the info I've been reading lately about DB meta. Props to those DB's though, not currently invested into BO atm so would be a decent starter pair of blades

Great Pan
Jul 8, 2019, 03:52 AM
Wait, Spread Needle with improved pot still sucks? Damn.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 8, 2019, 04:55 AM

they're 1st gen 14*'s, kinda no reason for them to even compete with 15*'s anyways let alone the higher tier 14* weapons currently out

Zulastar
Jul 8, 2019, 06:12 AM

I like Spread Needle to use in soloing Free Busters and XQ.
Ah, that's feeling of shredding pests with shotgun and slay bosses down with 3 beautiful shots of Lightstream railgun.

Need to upgrade Rykros, Lavis and 3× Spread Needle! But got only 3 boosters for all this time T_T

Kondibon
Jul 8, 2019, 10:22 AM
they're 1st gen 14*'s, kinda no reason for them to even compete with 15*'s anyways let alone the higher tier 14* weapons currently outSeveral of them, including spread needle, just have raw utility, so adding extra damage on top should make them useful enough. In particular spread needle is a really good mobbing rifle for Ph because of how easy it is to get a ton of pp back quickly with it by firing into a group once or twice. Even before the buff it was negligibly weaker than a dim or non-ex Atra rifle. I know that's not saying a lot, but if Dim is considered good enough to get as an entry level weapon, then I think Spread Needle should be fine for mobbing after the buff. I guess you don't need the new pot to just use it for pp recovery, but it's nice to just use the weapon you're using to recover pp while mobbing.

silo1991
Jul 8, 2019, 10:47 AM
how much diference its the jupiter tullus new potential WIKI dont have that info yet (im willing to buy 6 of these from zieg just for upgrade my bouncer arsenal)

also with these new potentials im not sure what is better : the quelle scarlette or a dim double saber , its a big dilema and i really need a better DS , because my actual one its a crea double (ethan double saber) just for have an idea how urge me a change

also so far i just got 1 ultimate booster

ZerotakerZX
Jul 8, 2019, 01:50 PM
how much diference its the jupiter tullus new potential WIKI dont have that info yet (im willing to buy 6 of these from zieg just for upgrade my bouncer arsenal)

also with these new potentials im not sure what is better : the quelle scarlette or a dim double saber , its a big dilema and i really need a better DS , because my actual one its a crea double (ethan double saber) just for have an idea how urge me a change

I think is Scarlett.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 8, 2019, 03:32 PM
Several of them, including spread needle, just have raw utility, so adding extra damage on top should make them useful enough. In particular spread needle is a really good mobbing rifle for Ph because of how easy it is to get a ton of pp back quickly with it by firing into a group once or twice. Even before the buff it was negligibly weaker than a dim or non-ex Atra rifle. I know that's not saying a lot, but if Dim is considered good enough to get as an entry level weapon, then I think Spread Needle should be fine for mobbing after the buff. I guess you don't need the new pot to just use it for pp recovery, but it's nice to just use the weapon you're using to recover pp while mobbing.
Utility is one thing but to go back and try and get them to almost rival current gear is another

literally buy Dim, Awake or Blood series for a better DS, Quelle Scarlette still garbo even with & before Ultimate Booster

Reilet
Jul 8, 2019, 03:46 PM
The real problem with these weapon’s and their potential is how absurdly long it takes to even get just 1 ultimate booster. The time it requires doesn't justify being a little bit stronger than the Dim weapons. Except for Rykross and Jupiter. The former being 3000% megids and already heavily used for synchro, and the latter actually buffing the lightning strike to 350% on top of the 20% pot. (Also seen as on par with lightstream during PBF, weaker when using kestral, and stronger when not in PBF)

1 booster in 8 hours, count me out.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 8, 2019, 04:18 PM
The real problem with these weapon’s and their potential is how absurdly long it takes to even get just 1 ultimate booster. The time it requires doesn't justify being a little bit stronger than the Dim weapons. Except for Rykross and Jupiter. The former being 3000% megids and already heavily used for synchro, and the latter actually buffing the lightning strike to 350% on top of the 20% pot. (Also seen as on par with lightstream during PBF, weaker when using kestral, and stronger when not in PBF)

1 booster in 8 hours, count me out.

been talking to friends about the ass drop rate in Nab UQ and W&R UH that these boosters look like they'll drop more often either in the LQ coming or Profound Darkness UH/Solo Version either 1-3 per run. Sorta a bait and switch to get people to play and run Nab UQ.

I ran 45mins of Nab UQ, didnt see a booster drop so I dropped that UQ for good

Kondibon
Jul 8, 2019, 09:09 PM
I got one from nab UQ, but by then I decided it wasn't worth it. If UH PD drops them then UQ bosses are probably just meant as a way to maybe potentially get a whiff of them outside of an EQ or trigger.

GHNeko
Jul 9, 2019, 02:13 AM
thousand times this but definitely dont agree with Tulius being on par with Atra EX or Lightstream, more like 3rd despite the info I've been reading lately about DB meta. Props to those DB's though, not currently invested into BO atm so would be a decent starter pair of blades

JT > Atlas.

There really isnt anything S4 can provide utility wise to make it overall a better choice than JT. Vamp strike is nice but its honestly not essential.

JT has on average more damage output and is more practical to rainbow by virtue of it not being locked behind a drop that only drops 20 times a week across all ships. :wacko:

Farming boosters is cancer, but at least you can do it at your leisure. Rainbow aside, I've already did the damage calc and it comes out on top or even for everything but like kr0.

Loveless62
Jul 9, 2019, 05:58 AM
I have been farming Nab UQ during the Persona EQ raid buff. My average is one Ultimate Booster per run, although on one run I picked up three. This is with RDR 250% + tri 125% rolling.

I think I've picked up one, maybe two from UH Rain EQ. I guess that's pretty lucky since UQ enemies rarely spawn there.

Of course my total is eight Ultimate Boosters so maybe that's not that many data points.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 9, 2019, 10:53 AM
JT > Atlas.

There really isnt anything S4 can provide utility wise to make it overall a better choice than JT. Vamp strike is nice but its honestly not essential.

JT has on average more damage output and is more practical to rainbow by virtue of it not being locked behind a drop that only drops 20 times a week across all ships. :wacko:

Farming boosters is cancer, but at least you can do it at your leisure. Rainbow aside, I've already did the damage calc and it comes out on top or even for everything but like kr0.

JT with Ultimate Pot is basically Dim damage and thats with the bolt missing and even then Atra Ex would still be doing better whether the bolt hit or not. I think youre hyping those Dbs up a little too much considering a 14* shouldnt be beating a 15* for any reason

silo1991
Jul 9, 2019, 11:27 AM
literally buy Dim, Awake or Blood series for a better DS, Quelle Scarlette still garbo even with & before Ultimate Booster

thank you , i asked because i got many Dim DS by drop

GHNeko
Jul 9, 2019, 11:58 AM
JT with Ultimate Pot is basically Dim damage and thats with the bolt missing and even then Atra Ex would still be doing better whether the bolt hit or not. I think youre hyping those Dbs up a little too much considering a 14* shouldnt be beating a 15* for any reason

With the Bolt missing, it's still should be around Austere tier. Also why would you ignore the bolt?

I have parse data and I have damage calcs and combo simulator data. So I have synthetic and real world testing. JT+ is actually better than Atlas EX lol. I'm not even hyping it up because i think this is one of the worst things they could have done and I'm not even a fan of this.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jul 9, 2019, 01:45 PM
JT?what is JT?( Really what is JT )in any case I fail to see how a 14* be betterthan any 15* in general unless you are just here to troll about

milranduil
Jul 9, 2019, 01:54 PM
JT?what is JT?( Really what is JT )in any case I fail to see how a 14* be betterthan any 15* in general unless you are just here to troll about

people tested them to figure out the new pot and bolt damage, did combo/dmg calcs. they are actually that good.

Poyonche
Jul 9, 2019, 02:16 PM

JT stands for Jupiter Tulius.
JT+ means it has the "Plus" potential

Reilet
Jul 9, 2019, 03:02 PM
Reminds me of Niren Orochi.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 9, 2019, 03:20 PM
With the Bolt missing, it's still should be around Austere tier. Also why would you ignore the bolt?

I have parse data and I have damage calcs and combo simulator data. So I have synthetic and real world testing. JT+ is actually better than Atlas EX lol. I'm not even hyping it up because i think this is one of the worst things they could have done and I'm not even a fan of this.

I think my mind is set on JT versus LS for some reason BUT maybe im being bias about Atra Ex getting outpowered a bit from a Gen1 14*. Also ignoring the bolt for the cases it doesnt hit because obviously thats where youll get the most out of the weapon.

GHNeko
Jul 9, 2019, 09:35 PM
I think my mind is set on JT versus LS for some reason BUT maybe im being bias about Atra Ex getting outpowered a bit from a Gen1 14*. Also ignoring the bolt for the cases it doesnt hit because obviously thats where youll get the most out of the weapon.

Fair enough then. Personally, I see missing bolt as pretty unlikely but it's not impossible. I'd still opt for JT even in those cases since on average, you should be hitting bolt way more than not.

Either way it's stupid and I wish it didnt happen. As for JT+ vs LS...

Actually, it'll be easier if I show you this.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/80900839538962432/593955568608083993/added_atlas.png

It's 2% weaker than non-activated LS when you affix 200 PW on to JT+. The only scenario that JT+ beats LS is with 290PW and LS is not activated. This is also during PBF which favors LS waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than JT+. So outside of PBF, JT+ iirc beats LS non activated.

This is just a simple dwing snatch loop, so for like kite kr0, the gap is more notable, but despite this it should be around Atlas tier.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jul 10, 2019, 02:21 AM
look lets keep it friendly , I may not like his or her opinion.
Then again how i may not like it, well everyone is entitled to their own.
also on side general note: do what you want, be an idiot an asshole or whatever but just do not get in the way of another person.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 10, 2019, 02:45 AM
snip
it makes me wonder if Sega is going to act on this or just leave it be. Reminds me of the whole Nox Rod NT outpowering 13* Rods, not sure if 14* ones were out at the time aside EPD

Kondibon
Jul 10, 2019, 04:23 AM
This isn't related to the current conversation, but apparently the patch added ultimate boosters to every aberration type enemy, so it might be more feasible to farm them outside of EQs.

Loveless62
Jul 10, 2019, 01:57 PM
I am getting the feeling that Sega made hunting for Ultimate Boosters to be busywork for try-hards.:lol:

milranduil
Jul 10, 2019, 02:47 PM
look lets keep it friendly , I may not like his or her opinion.
Then again how i may not like it, well everyone is entitled to their own.
also on side general note: do what you want, be an idiot an asshole or whatever but just do not get in the way of another person.

math is not an opinion. no one is telling anyone to use JT+, no one is telling anyone to do anything. they are simply stating how good weapons are compared to each other.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 10, 2019, 03:14 PM
I am getting the feeling that Sega made hunting for Ultimate Boosters to be busywork for try-hards.:lol:

Theres only 2 weapons worth spending the time and effort to get with Ult Pot on them and thats JT and Rykros but again though, they may be easier to get soon since UQ farming is ass drop rates

Zorak000
Jul 12, 2019, 09:16 AM
if anything ult boosters should have been something to help out people trying to catch up; it seems weird for their drop rates to be this bad.

they'll probably loosen them up eventually

ArcaneTechs
Jul 12, 2019, 06:01 PM
if anything ult boosters should have been something to help out people trying to catch up; it seems weird for their drop rates to be this bad.

they'll probably loosen them up eventually

Thats the idea behind bait and switch, they drop in the current LQ but of course still low rates. I ran 7hrs of LQ yesterday for Viola S egg, i just get bombarded by Schvelle, Jutus, Invade NT trash. No U Booster in sight but one of my friends got a booster to drop, one booster. No egg either ;_ ;

Masu
Jul 13, 2019, 12:39 AM
Sitting on 210% boost rn...The more boost I earn the less drop I get from lq...go figure. At least I get ultimate boosters once in a while (5...lol... -_- ). For persona I got some more "valuble" drops than usual tho (BUT NO FUCKING UNITS).
So one more booster and I an get Rykros to pot + lvl2 which equal normal pot at level 3 weeeeee...Cmon segac gib those boosters before this lq gets old, which most likely happen sooner than you expect.

Kondibon
Jul 13, 2019, 03:58 AM
It's worth mentioning that the patch notes said they were added as a drop to the other aberration enemies, which means they probably drop from normal mobs, so UQs are probably going to be the best place to get them even during the LQ.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 13, 2019, 04:48 AM
It's worth mentioning that the patch notes said they were added as a drop to the other aberration enemies, which means they probably drop from normal mobs, so UQs are probably going to be the best place to get them even during the LQ.

ya but it sounded to me like they just threw them on to the other bosses for Lilipa and Ama UQ's, i havent ran UQ yet so if I run it'll be a waste of time or legitimately be worth farming now that theyre coming off mobs

Kondibon
Jul 13, 2019, 04:57 AM
ya but it sounded to me like they just threw them on to the other bosses for Lilipa and Ama UQ's, i havent ran UQ yet so if I run it'll be a waste of time or legitimately be worth farming now that theyre coming off mobsIf it was only bosses I feel like they would have specified the enemies. All they specified was the level.

Loveless62
Jul 13, 2019, 07:19 AM
The second Anniversary LQ is called "Corruption Survey: Excluder". The name seems to imply UQ enemies will be found there, so it will probably be a better place to get Ultimate Boosters when it comes out.

RefrainDP
Jul 13, 2019, 07:53 AM
The second Anniversary LQ is called "Corruption Survey: Excluder". The name seems to imply UQ enemies will be found there, so it will probably be a better place to get Ultimate Boosters when it comes out.

Kind of. If you see the next update video, it shows that it happens in Ultimate Amduscia in a point-collecting style field (like Tokyo and Las Vegas) and there are both Aberration and Phamtom-type enemies, not just Aberrations.

Loveless62
Jul 14, 2019, 09:05 AM
Kind of. If you see the next update video, it shows that it happens in Ultimate Amduscia in a point-collecting style field (like Tokyo and Las Vegas) and there are both Aberration and Phamtom-type enemies, not just Aberrations.
It will run on UH difficulty rather than whatever UQ is supposed to be (probably XH), which improves drop rates. Plus it will be LQ, so you can run it to also participate in anniversary badge and Web Panel shenanigans. Even though it will have phantoms, it will still have plenty of aberrations, So, I am still optimistic that it will be a decent place to farm Ultimate Boosters.

Nyansan
Jul 14, 2019, 09:29 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_aguh0UIAA1ZIm.jpg
Well I guess the Ult booster drop problem is solved.
Translation:
450 photon spheres = 90 photon boosters = 1 ult booster

Kondibon
Jul 14, 2019, 09:38 AM
That's... not really solved. 450 photon spheres is a lot. I don't think I've ever even had 90 Photon boosters and I never use them.

Nyansan
Jul 14, 2019, 10:09 AM
That's... not really solved. 450 photon spheres is a lot. I don't think I've ever even had 90 Photon boosters and I never use them.

SP badges trade at a rate of 1 photon booster for 1 SP badge so if you had lots of 2018 badges to convert into SP ones you can trade them easy. Plus they're adding more ways of getting photon boosters (recycle shop, XQ/AQ stone trade among other things)

Or if you're swimming in meseta you can buy 450 photon boosters for 5-6m each :wacko:

Kondibon
Jul 14, 2019, 10:22 AM
SP badges trade at a rate of 1 photon booster for 1 SP badge so if you had lots of 2018 badges to convert into SP ones you can trade them easy. Plus they're adding more ways of getting photon boosters (recycle shop, XQ/AQ stone trade among other things)

Or if you're swimming in meseta you can buy 450 photon boosters for 5-6m each :wacko:Don't forget you need 12 ultimate boosters total. That's 5400 photon spheres, or 1080 photon boosters. Also, new players or people who haven't been playing for a while aren't going to be sitting on a lot of old weapon badges. I already spent my original stock of SP badges myself.

Loveless62
Jul 22, 2019, 07:40 PM

It will run on UH difficulty rather than whatever UQ is supposed to be (probably XH), which improves drop rates. Plus it will be LQ, so you can run it to also participate in anniversary badge and Web Panel shenanigans. Even though it will have phantoms, it will still have plenty of aberrations, So, I am still optimistic that it will be a decent place to farm Ultimate Boosters.
Now that I've seen a video of the new LQ on Bumped, it looks like there are barely any aberrations at all (LUL), It is jam packed with demons and phantoms instead, with only an occasional aberration boss. It probably won't be any better than the current LQ for ultimate boosters.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 22, 2019, 08:00 PM
Now that I've seen a video of the new LQ on Bumped, it looks like there are barely any aberrations at all (LUL), It is jam packed with demons and phantoms instead, with only an occasional aberration boss. It probably won't be any better than the current LQ for ultimate boosters.

dont worry, you can trade in Photon Boosters for Ultimate Boosters....for a modest price of course

Loveless62
Jul 24, 2019, 06:46 AM
Well there actually are a decent number of aberrations in the 2nd LQ. I got an ultimate booster from Anga in my 2nd run.

However, you get an ultimate booster for getting S-rank in UH Solo PD, so, if you can accomplish that, ultimate boosters won't be a problem.

It's nice you can get Solo triggers for 4 anniversary badges a piece, so you can build a big stack of them before the event is over.

Digital Doom
Jul 24, 2019, 07:29 AM
Well there actually are a decent number of aberrations in the 2nd LQ. I got an ultimate booster from Anga in my 2nd run.

However, you get an ultimate booster for getting S-rank in UH Solo, so, if you can accomplish that, ultimate boosters won't be a problem.

It's nice you can get Solo triggers for 4 anniversary badges a piece, so you can build a big stack of them before the event is over.

Nice, so the trigger is the LQ on UH but your solo instead of party of 8? Or is this LQ just a 4 man LQ? I’m working all day so don’t get to try it til later tonight.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 24, 2019, 08:11 AM
Nice, so the trigger is the LQ on UH but your solo instead of party of 8? Or is this LQ just a 4 man LQ? I’m working all day so don’t get to try it til later tonight.

I think he meant UH Solo PD triggers

Loveless62
Jul 24, 2019, 09:27 AM
I think he meant UH Solo PD triggers
This is correct, and I have edited my post to make sure it's clear. Sorry about that!

ArcaneTechs
Jul 25, 2019, 10:01 PM
I believe you get one Ultimate Booster per solo UH PD trigger you do, unless it was by luck that I got one on my first trigger, no idea but I'll run some more later on unless someone else can confirm. dam shame Ray weapons didnt get increased drop rates

dont know if S ranking this had anything to do with it either BUT i do know that each class you S rank solo PD UH with you get 100 Hero Crests which is pretty nice

Loveless62
Jul 26, 2019, 05:53 AM
I believe you get one Ultimate Booster per solo UH PD trigger you do, unless it was by luck that I got one on my first trigger, no idea but I'll run some more later on unless someone else can confirm. dam shame Ray weapons didnt get increased drop rates

dont know if S ranking this had anything to do with it either BUT i do know that each class you S rank solo PD UH with you get 100 Hero Crests which is pretty nice
You can see the Ultimate Booster awarded in the quest results window if you get S-rank.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 26, 2019, 11:33 AM
You can see the Ultimate Booster awarded in the quest results window if you get S-rank.

Ya i know buy i wasnt sure if it was guranteed everytime tho

Zorak000
Jul 27, 2019, 10:14 AM
eh the sphere/pbooster/ubooster exchange A Solution; we'll have to see what the sphere/pbooster drop rates in AQs and XQs look like after the change before we can really pass judgement here. But that kinda solve my beef with it; AQs are far more manageable for a newer player to ram their face against than the current state of ult nab