PDA

View Full Version : Does PSO2 classes have story Relevance?

StreetFighter2242
Jul 13, 2019, 01:45 PM
I was wondering, in other MMO's the classes of a game is more or less integrated in a game's lore having a back story of where they came from/how they were created and such. I'm a bit curious if it's the same for PSO2, are the multiple classes part of the back story or just a whole lot of cosmetic noise that just happen to be there? Any answer would be fine.

Kintama
Jul 13, 2019, 01:57 PM
Hero was retconned into having been created after the player encountered and save a character we never saved before.

Braver was created after we altered history through the events of episode 1 if i remember correctly.

And Phantom seams to have a lot of backstory build-up which will lead to the reveal of the third advance class in my opinion.

Anduril
Jul 13, 2019, 05:10 PM
In story, the classes that were introduced with new Episodes were each developed and newly fielded with class representatives.
Braver was developed by Azanami with the assistance of Regius (who secretly had been using a Katana all along).
Bouncer and Summoner aren't as clearly stated to have been developed by their class representatives, but I've always assumed that they had their fingers in there.
Hero was created by Stratos (I believe with Huey's help) who was inspired by the Player, and Phantom is the creation of that chunni.
Summoner, Hero, and Phantom are firmly tied as being newly fielded in the Episode they are released in, while due to the way the old Blue Story Tablets worked, Braver and Bouncer may or may not have been around as early as the beginning of Episode 1, story-wise.

As for the Episode 1 classes, what I'm about to state may be a bit off, and I think part of it is actually no longer in the game since the reshuffling of the story into the Omnibus format.
Hunter, Ranger, and Force where the basic classes that ARKS always had, but in the past they also had Fighter, Gunner, and Techer. For some reason they had restricted the use of Fi, Gu, and Te (possibly due to the fact that there had been less second-gen ARKS), but they had decided to lift the restriction for the third-gen ARKS with the recent increase in Darker activity.

silo1991
Jul 13, 2019, 10:51 PM
as far as i know :

Braver: Azanami its officialy the first braver (like anduril said , Regias secretly its a katana user) trained by Regias
Bouncer: it used to be an exclusive class for Katori's family but the Darker crisis made the family to take the decision to share their secrets to the world (correct me if im wrong)
summoner: same situation as bouncer , but it was a secret from Pietro family (just a theory in this one)

also in EP1 Patty and Tea mention braver and bouncer classes but subtly , hell they even mention the long awaited class that focus R-atk and T-atk

IMO that last class should use a combo of crossbow (PSO1/PSU pistols) and slicers for range weapon and boomerangs as magic weapon

Kondibon
Jul 14, 2019, 02:44 AM
summoner: same situation as bouncer , but it was a secret from Pietro family (just a theory in this one) If I remember right, Summoner was created by reverse engineering the method of creating things with Ether, using Photons.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 14, 2019, 02:52 AM
and it only took them within 1 year to do that? holy shit

Kondibon
Jul 14, 2019, 03:25 AM
and it only took them within 1 year to do that? holy shit

If you mean the Su thing, I got the impression that it wasn't hard to figure out (same with the buster towers), it was just that no one had considered using photons that way before.

landman
Jul 15, 2019, 05:14 PM
Just in case you missed that, cosmetics in PSO2 are completely independent from class, other than weapons you are using. As everyone said classes have lore, and not only new ones, the base hunter/ranger/force also have representatives that will try to kill you sell you the greatness of each class. YOUR CLASS in the plot? that's another story, all cut-scenes make you a gunslash wielder in episodes 1-3 (all class weapon), then a double saber wielder (fighter), then Hero and then Phantom (not sure/don't remember), all of them using default weapons, they couldn't care less if the only weapon your character ever touched was a rod or a rifle.

StreetFighter2242
Jul 15, 2019, 05:20 PM
Just in case you missed that, cosmetics in PSO2 are completely independent from class, other than weapons you are using. As everyone said classes have lore, and not only new ones, the base hunter/ranger/force also have representatives that will try to kill you sell you the greatness of each class. YOUR CLASS in the plot? that's another story, all cut-scenes make you a gunslash wielder in episodes 1-3 (all class weapon), then a double saber wielder (fighter), then Hero and then Phantom (not sure/don't remember), all of them using default weapons, they couldn't care less if the only weapon your character ever touched was a rod or a rifle.

I'm sorry, "Kill me?"

Anduril
Jul 15, 2019, 05:32 PM
I'm sorry, "Kill me?"

The class trainer for the Ranger class, Lisa, is a bit unhinged and homicidal toward almost everyone in cutscenes.

StreetFighter2242
Jul 15, 2019, 06:20 PM
Oh yeah...I forgot about her

StreetFighter2242
Jul 15, 2019, 06:30 PM
Oh yeah.. i forgot about her...

Zulastar
Jul 15, 2019, 11:51 PM
Saga and Katori's qutscenes made me laugh a lot...

Dark Mits
Jul 16, 2019, 12:25 AM
The class trainer for the Ranger class, Lisa, is a bit unhinged and homicidal toward almost everyone in cutscenes.I think landman refers to that amazing cutscene in Episode 2 Chapter 5 where you fight Ohza, Lisa, Marlu and Fourier. They actually try to kill you.

Anduril
Jul 16, 2019, 01:29 AM
I think landman refers to that amazing cutscene in Episode 2 Chapter 5 where you fight Ohza, Lisa, Marlu and Fourier. They actually try to kill you.

You're right. How could I have forgotten about Emergency Code: Abyss?