PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 West Inquiries - for PS Vets + Newcomers, ask anything here

ArcaneTechs
Jul 21, 2019, 04:39 PM
PSO2 West Announcement:
https://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-comes-to-the-west-in-spring-2020/

So to avoid making a bunch of random threads about Phantasy Star games, Lore, any of the Phantasy Star game stories that may have meshed into what we have now, Class questions, PS Music, PS Merch, Vita/Switch/Mobile Games ETC that have occurred over the years since PSO2 released as a Japan Exclusive game in 2012, I figured this would be a better place to do all the asking which WILL requiring some people to dig through these pages assuming this thread is even remotely alive by the time the game hits the West in 2020.

Over time I'll try to add the most common question to this post so it'll be less hassle. I may miss things here and there but I'll try and get them added later.

I know I referred to the Quick Questions thread but pretty often anyone asking something will have their post buried by other people asking things, might as well avoid that issue

StreetFighter2242
Jul 22, 2019, 02:40 PM
We'll do our best.

What really pushed Sega to create a game like PSO despite the series end?

Kondibon
Jul 22, 2019, 02:49 PM
What really pushed Sega to create a game like PSO despite the series end?The original PSO wasn't going to be a phantasy star game at first. It was change pretty early, but it was basically just meant to be a Diablo style game on a console.

StreetFighter2242
Jul 22, 2019, 04:11 PM
And do you feel PSO holds up to the series name despite this change?

Kondibon
Jul 22, 2019, 04:17 PM
And do you feel PSO holds up to the series name despite this change?I never played any of the original games, (heck, I haven't even played PSO1) but everything PSO and after is basically a different thing. It's asking if crystal chronicles holds up to the final fantasy name because it has crystals and moogles in it.

StreetFighter2242
Jul 22, 2019, 04:27 PM
CC was Pretty good btw.

Kondibon
Jul 22, 2019, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I liked it, but it's kinda hard to compare it to earlier final fantasy games. I'm mostly pointing out that PSO doesn't really compare well to the original PS games because, not only are they different genres with different core gameplay, the type of story PSO has, and the way its told is very different, even if there's some similar concepts like Dark Falz.

StreetFighter2242
Jul 22, 2019, 05:01 PM
However PSO became a breakout Success compared to the other games which of course made Sega push for more online titles each improving upon the Oringal PSO Although whether following installments maintain that feel is... debatable at best..

Kondibon
Jul 22, 2019, 05:04 PM
Whether or not they're improvements is debatable. It depends on what one wants out of the games. They're actually pretty notorious for not doing things that worked well in earlier titles until later in the games' life cycles.

StreetFighter2242
Jul 22, 2019, 05:16 PM
True...

ArcaneTechs
Jul 22, 2019, 07:23 PM
Whether or not they're improvements is debatable. It depends on what one wants out of the games. They're actually pretty notorious for not doing things that worked well in earlier titles until later in the games' life cycles.

i forsee Sega finding a perfect balance to all existing and future classes 1 month before the game shuts down for PSO3 only to re-live the same issues all over again