PDA

View Full Version : What one time password are they asking for?

LovelyCorinn
Jul 24, 2019, 08:59 PM
OTP Unlock or Termination doesnt work, this is whats on my screen

Kondibon
Jul 24, 2019, 09:15 PM
If you didn't sign up for the OTP your self, then your account was likely compromised and whoever got access to it added one so you can't get back in. If you DID sign up for the OTP, then it's asking for one from the same authenticator app you would use to log into the game.

LovelyCorinn
Jul 24, 2019, 09:27 PM
i just redownloaded the authenticator and its telling me to add an account, what account do i add? i been gone a long time and authenticator worked differently back then

Kondibon
Jul 24, 2019, 09:31 PM
i just redownloaded the authenticator and its telling me to add an account, what account do i add? i been gone a long timeThe only time you get the information required to add the account is when you first sign up for the OTP, and the only way to activate the OTP is by confirming you did that by using it. Which means you either didn't do it yourself, or you no longer have access to whatever device or account you originally used to make it. It sounds like you never used the OTP system at all though, so I'm guessing it's the first one.

I'm pretty sure you can remove the OTP without logging all the way in, but that requires the cancellation code they give you when you first activate it, and as far as I know, only then.

EDIT: I'm dumb, my bad, I missread that. Sorry. If you deleted the app before and/or got a new phone or whatever device you were using, then the account isn't tied to it anymore as far as I know. You'd have to remove the OTP before logging in so you can redo it, which, like I mentioned before requires the cancellation code they give you when you first activate it.

LovelyCorinn
Jul 24, 2019, 09:35 PM
I have 2 codes the OTP termination and OTP Unlock but neither of them work

LovelyCorinn
Jul 24, 2019, 09:37 PM
No i had to reset my phone so everything was wiped, i did sign up for the OTP

Kondibon
Jul 24, 2019, 09:44 PM
I just double checked. IT's that "one time password settings" button, then the google link.

LovelyCorinn
Jul 24, 2019, 09:52 PM
Ok which link is it?

Kondibon
Jul 24, 2019, 09:53 PM
Ok which link is it?The one with the word google in it.

LovelyCorinn
Jul 24, 2019, 09:58 PM
Ok are they supposed to send a password once i click that? because if so i have not gotten one yet

Kondibon
Jul 24, 2019, 09:59 PM
Ok are they supposed to send a password once i click that? because if so i have not gotten one yetThe page it opens should be the one you input the termination code.

LovelyCorinn
Jul 24, 2019, 10:16 PM
Ok im gonna try again my code doesnt seem to work, i hope resetting my phone didnt mess me up

LovelyCorinn
Jul 24, 2019, 10:26 PM
Yeah my code seems dead, authenticator has a scan barcode option, when i first set up the OTP using the guide from bumped.org, anyway i can get to that barcode again?

Sirius-91
Jul 25, 2019, 12:16 AM
Yeah my code seems dead, authenticator has a scan barcode option, when i first set up the OTP using the guide from bumped.org, anyway i can get to that barcode again?
You're supposed to keep a backup of those emergency backup codes on your profile, if you don't have them, then you're locked out of your account. You will need to contact sega support.

LovelyCorinn
Jul 25, 2019, 12:36 AM
Nah it seems i simply need to remove the OTP and do it again but i cant pass this captcha

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 25, 2019, 01:09 AM
Even if you get past the captcha...

It will prompt you for your 2FA code.

LovelyCorinn
Jul 25, 2019, 02:05 AM
I have both my codes, are you speaking of the OTP termination and unlock codes?

Sirius-91
Jul 25, 2019, 04:35 AM
I have both my codes, are you speaking of the OTP termination and unlock codes?
It'll ask you to enter your OTP code that you got before you reset your phone. Since you've reset your phone, it treats that as a different device altogether. Thus whatever codes that were not backed up are lost. Because you've enabled OTP on your account, then reset your phone without backing up/removing it beforehand, any codes generated are considered from another device, thus your account will not recognize it and not let you in.

LovelyCorinn
Jul 25, 2019, 10:28 AM
Yeah it seems i messed up so i guess im out of luck lol

Kondibon
Jul 25, 2019, 01:19 PM
Maybe pictures will help. After logging in and getting to the page asking for the OTP, do this.

https://i.imgur.com/ulxbIgp.png

https://i.imgur.com/NAdpFm8.png

https://i.imgur.com/tiynDA8.png

https://i.imgur.com/GR31VWy.png

LovelyCorinn
Jul 25, 2019, 02:23 PM
Yeah i have yet to get there can you do a captcha for me? im on the login screen

Kondibon
Jul 25, 2019, 02:30 PM
Try using this and eyeballing it.https://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/hiragana.htm

LovelyCorinn
Jul 25, 2019, 02:40 PM
Managed to get in but same nonsense, code dont work so im out of luck unless i can use something else to set up PSO 2