PDA

View Full Version : PSO 2 for xbox one s?

Saligun
Jul 29, 2019, 03:40 AM
I haven't been to this site for along time and i really miss pso online or offline,I know the usa got the short end of the stick when it come to a english pso game in the last few years,so just wondering if any usa or english version will ever come out or have we been totally been writen off by sonic team?(I want a disc version of pso 2 Not that cloud based bs that that nintend swtich is getting,i would never ever ever pay for some stupid online only could base bs where you only get a little bit of a pso at a time,anyway i want my character on my system memory not segas servers.

Sizustar
Jul 29, 2019, 03:49 AM
https://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-comes-to-the-west-in-spring-2020/

ArcaneTechs
Jul 29, 2019, 04:05 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?238489-PSO2-West-Inquiries-for-PS-Vets-Newcomers-ask-anything-here

this is the thread for anything PSO2 West related, its coming to Xbox One in spring 2020, was announced at E3 but do read up on that bumped post above

Saligun
Jul 29, 2019, 04:06 AM
Thank You,i amazed it took this long for sonic team to relize that the english speaking pso fans want more pso2 to.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 29, 2019, 04:07 AM
Thank You,i amazed it took this long for sonic team to relize that the english speaking pso fans want more pso2 to.

its more of Phil Spencer making this happen than Sonic Team, i dont have the interview video on hand but look it up on youtube where Phil talks about making it happen and how PSO made RPG's etc what they are today. should be like 35mins in i think

Saligun
Jul 29, 2019, 04:14 AM
Thank as well,i just hope it happens,i pray ST doesnt decide to cancel it before it comes out.i still play pso(gc) which is better then no pso for now but killing boomas is starting to feel pointless after18+ years of doing it,i need the next generation of boomas or something.

Kondibon
Jul 29, 2019, 04:30 AM
i would never ever ever pay for some stupid online only could base bs where you only get a little bit of a pso at a time,anyway i want my character on my system memory not segas servers.You're aware this is a server based game and your character data is saved server side right? There's no offline mode of any kind. While the cloud version has a lot of problems, and I would recommend avoiding it anyway, the game saving character data server side, and being online only, isn't something you can escape. I'm also not sure what you mean by "a little at a time".

Saligun
Jul 29, 2019, 11:10 AM
The nintendo switch version of pso doesn't have enough space to hold the whole game so it uses the clould to feed you it section by section,and if the upcoming xbox oxe version of pso 2 uses server side saving then pso is offical over for me,it really not worth it to have MY chartachers on there servers save system i'm not paying TC a dime for something that not really mine,i want my own character not a rented one...

Anduril
Jul 29, 2019, 11:16 AM
The nintendo switch version of pso doesn't have enough space to hold the whole game so it uses the clould to feed you it section by section,and if the upcoming xbox oxe version of pso 2 uses server side saving then pso is offical over for me,it really not worth it to have MY chartachers on there servers save system i'm not paying TC a dime for something that not really mine,i want my own character not a rented one...

All characters for the online version have been saved server side since PSOBB; it's just the way it is.

Dark Mits
Jul 29, 2019, 12:35 PM
Nearly every single online game has a term in its ToS which state that all characters, all content and generally everything that is related to your account in-game are property of the publisher/developer, and you are just allowed to use and create content through a license. However this does not mean that they "rent" you a character. Noone else has access to your account outside of the developer, and the absolute only reason they will ever access it is to take corrective actions (for example suspending due to behaviour), or for metrics.

If you are afraid that you will lose your character if the servers eventually go offline, that is also true for games that save characters client-side which don't have an offline mode. You can have the character stored in your computer, you will never be able to use them or see them again (without breaking the law, for example on a private server).

Note that you can at any time export your character fashion data on a local file.

Saligun
Jul 29, 2019, 12:59 PM
If have to pay for a game and end the end i'm left with nothing then whats the point?PSO(GC)had chars saves on MC and a offline option,why is it so hard to add this to current pso games?Todays games companies make games online only limit there value and only do it to have the game become worthless to force you to buy the next version of the game.I truly saddened that pso players just accept server side saving as normal nowadays,there was a time when your char was yours stored on your system and useable offline and online,when i have to pay 60 bucks and what ever the dlc ends up costing and i'm left with nothing but a useless game and no chars after 1000ths of hours of work to level them up, when the game ends,i'm the fool and ST the winner,i'm not gonna play the fool this time...

Anduril
Jul 29, 2019, 01:14 PM
If have to pay for a game and end the end i'm left with nothing then whats the point?PSO(GC)had chars saves on MC and a offline option,why is it so hard to add this to current pso games?Todays games companies make games online only limit there value and only do it to have the game become worthless to force you to buy the next version of the game.I truly saddened that pso players just accept server side saving as normal nowadays,there was a time when your char was yours stored on your system and useable offline and online,when i have to pay 60 bucks and what ever the dlc ends up costing and i'm left with nothing but a useless game and no chars after 1000ths of hours of work to level them up, when the game ends,i'm the fool and ST the winner,i'm not gonna play the fool this time...

Well you don't actually have to pay anything; PSO2 is f2p and can be played without ever needing to spend a dime as there is no actual gameplay content behind any pay wall.

isCasted
Jul 29, 2019, 01:30 PM
PSO2 is F2P, so you're not buying anything unless you want to.

That said, as much as it sucks, online games nowadays are online-only for a few reasons:

1) when the company stops supporting the game, it wants you to move onto their next product instead of playing the old one;
2) local saving means it's easy to cheat and give your character anything, which makes it unfair to other players... and the company as well, because microtransaction munny;
3) there aren't any competitors that can make a game like these ones, but with the offline functionality, because there isn't really a market for it. Oldschool gamers are a really tiny minority ever since 7th gen console generation. That's when the industry started focusing on bringing in as many new players as possible and taking advantage of their cluelessness of what makes a good game, setting a lot of trends it's still filled with (like MTX, preorder bonuses, empty open worlds, putting YOBA graphics over gameplay etc).

ArcaneTechs
Jul 29, 2019, 05:22 PM

I feel the same sentiment and can only hope they release some sort of offline client for PSO2 whenever the game goes down but they didn't do this with PSU and with PSO3 (when the time happens) is on the horizon, I'm sure they'll want as many people focus on PSO3 than 2 or they wouldnt care knowing people would still play PSO3 anyways. I do occasionally go back and play PSO1/2 GC here and there for nostalgia sake

Private servers are nice and all but take forever to get going and takes a lot of time and dedication to get them up and running for people to start using them without too many issues.

landman
Jul 30, 2019, 05:14 PM
The only way we will ever have a local PSO2 is if the community can manage to do the same thing that was done with PSOBB, then create our own local server.