Maulcun
Aug 23, 2019, 07:42 AM
Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7ZBHh-unn8&feature=youtu.be&rel=0

Site
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20190821/

XrosBlader821
Aug 23, 2019, 01:33 PM
Rod LA and Sword Compound Formula PA is big hype!

UniverseLover
Aug 23, 2019, 02:36 PM
Rod Pose!!!

ArcaneTechs
Aug 23, 2019, 06:29 PM
i really hope Gryphons original trash drop series isnt boosted by the UH version

SteveCZ
Aug 23, 2019, 08:37 PM
I'm glad I'm not into these cool-looking poses (rod, gun, etc.) tho they really look good, else I'm broke. :-( lawson and 545 LA have killed me already.

Gryphon is ice weak huh? perma freeze time.

Also can't wait for the new sword PA.

Kintama
Aug 24, 2019, 07:18 AM
i really hope Gryphons original trash drop series isnt boosted by the UH version

Shhh have some more Gal Winds...

Zorak000
Aug 24, 2019, 02:15 PM
well there's still one more color pallet of gryphon weapons from the episode 4 icon sheet that accidentally leaked a ton of stuff:
https://i.imgur.com/vWy8Gsr.jpg
so there's possibly new and exciting trash to drop someday too!

but it looks like for now dios mio gryphon has a serpen jet boot to compliment decended draal's serpen blade; but then also some kinda turtle kunckle

mother clusterfck
Aug 26, 2019, 11:31 PM
Haven't been hyped for something as much as for Serpen Blazer in a long time...well ok besides finding out about the hr boost fix half a week before it went live.
But yeah, all aboard the hype train!

ArcaneTechs
Aug 27, 2019, 12:15 AM
Haven't been hyped for something as much as for Serpen Blazer in a long time...well ok besides finding out about the hr boost fix half a week before it went live.
But yeah, all aboard the hype train!

theres been such a lack of content so far i havent found anything to be hyped about again since Phantom and now Etoile, idk what it is but this Ep is super lackluster and UH fields are definitely not helping with how new drops are tied to new bosses but usually over taken by OT bosses

those JB's did look pretty cool but not sure theyre worth hopping to since its just a range increase in Vinto which i dont think Bo's really need if theyre good with JBs already

silo1991
Aug 27, 2019, 09:39 AM
theres been such a lack of content so far i havent found anything to be hyped about again since Phantom and now Etoile, idk what it is but this Ep is super lackluster and UH fields are definitely not helping with how new drops are tied to new bosses but usually over taken by OT bosses

those JB's did look pretty cool but not sure theyre worth hopping to since its just a range increase in Vinto which i dont think Bo's really need if theyre good with JBs already

IMO the main problem i see with UH fields is : why they didnt do the rotation of 1 field per day , instead of giving each planet a rotation

for example today is UH desert , but tomorrow is UH forest and next day UH coast and so on

i feel people exploited the fields to quick in the way the UH fields show up

Suirano
Aug 27, 2019, 12:14 PM
IMO the main problem i see with UH fields is : why they didnt do the rotation of 1 field per day , instead of giving each planet a rotation

for example today is UH desert , but tomorrow is UH forest and next day UH coast and so on

i feel people exploited the fields to quick in the way the UH fields show up

I know for me, I just get bored really fast because its the same run around a circle stuff like its been the last 4 years. I generally go in, see the new bosses and then leave as the 15*s they drop aren't anything that interests me and I can just get Dims in the market if I need Atk VI fodder.

FantasyHeaven
Aug 28, 2019, 02:21 PM
The problem with UH is they tie it to ridiculous subclass level requirements. You seriously expect me to level phantom or whatever when it gives absolutely no (and I mean 0) benefits past a certain point for a techer main? Then you realize you already have the best weapon in the game, UH gives you nothing of worth except guruguru and recycled bosses with some new attack patterns (I believe?). Then you lose all motivation and drop the game.

silo1991
Aug 28, 2019, 02:27 PM
The problem with UH is they tie it to ridiculous subclass level requirements. You seriously expect me to level phantom or whatever when it gives absolutely no (and I mean 0) benefits past a certain point for a techer main? Then you realize you already have the best weapon in the game, UH gives you nothing of worth except guruguru and recycled bosses with some new attack patterns (I believe?). Then you lose all motivation and drop the game.

now that UH is a thing , sega should remove the subclass requirement to all XH EQs that are not rematch or triggers

also low subclass requirements for UH free fields to 80 or 75 , but keep the main class ones , well is just an opinion .

UniverseLover
Aug 28, 2019, 02:37 PM

Level 85 subclass is the only subclass requirement and this is very easy to obtain. Also ph sub is probably the best sub for Techer anyway. I don't understand the issue with subclasses here.

Dark Mits
Aug 28, 2019, 04:50 PM
For me the problem with UH fields is that they are in fact just Ultimate Quests with non-ultimate enemies. In my opinion UH fields should have just been another difficulty above SH / XH, and there should be Client Orders on all relevant NPCs that can be completed only in there with upgraded rewards; for example kill 90 enemies of lvl91+ for 450000 exp and 45000 meseta, kill 1 Ultralized enemy for 50000 exp and 50000 meseta etc, kill the boss(es) of the area for 250000 exp and 100000 meseta, complete the Free Exploration for 100000 exp and 100000 meseta, kill Darkers of lvl91+, kill ultralized enemy on weak spot, kill ultralized enemy with Just attack, kill ultralized enemy from behind, kill rare ultralized enemy, complete weather report for new room items, gather food materials for new foods from Franca with upgraded stats etc.

The 2nd problem of UH is the same problem that permeates the entire game: Outside of the content being under a boosted campaign, there is no reason to do it other than being bored. It is heavily advised to NOT run it for meseta, to NOT run it for exp, to NOT run it for excube farming, to NOT run it for grinding fodders, to NOT run it for affixing fodders.

It's as if Sega just wants us to log in only for the daily FQ and rewards, and then log out without spending time in the rest of the game. Possibly to reduce bandwidth costs (tinfoil hat on)?

ArcaneTechs
Aug 28, 2019, 05:19 PM

I prefer people to not come in and be 85/1 thinking they should be ok to level a sub while farming 15*s and with people barely scraping by on expert Reqs, i dont want my runs slower than they need to be.

Forgot to mention the Lv 85 dmg boost (5%) you shouldnt be ignoring still so ya, there is a point to hitting Lv85 on Ph sub

mother clusterfck
Aug 29, 2019, 12:45 AM

I actually like this ep a lot and I think there's a lot of good content so far.

As for JBs, Vinto Kick has pathetic range, it's possible to be close enough to clip into a Flame Deimos and still miss with the kick when it leans back for one of its attacks if you are not attacking the legs but aim at the weakspot (i.e. you're like ~1 ingame meter above ground).
Like with most burst damage, even more or less spammable burst like Vinto, any kind of delay makes it easy to miss when the target moves and most enemies and bosses move frequently and often quite fast. Same reason Hero tmg finish desperately needs a major range upgrade.

This game still has too many high risk high reward mechanics that are all linked to whether you are lucky enough for the target to not move out of range and in an mpa you can't guarantee the target won't move at the wrong time, it's really just frustrating and unnecessary and good for nothing.

Good balance is really easy to achieve just by tweaking numbers and virtually every time "balance" is achieved by player inconvenience it is poor / lazy game design.
Hence Sega fixing ranger so that it's not extremely reliant on not moving and rangers themselves and mpas are not so heavily relying on WB anymore. It's just that some more fixes are needed.

Dude, what? I tried a lot of online rpgs and I've never seen one with leveling even nearly as fast as PSO2 even years ago. And now leveling is so absurdly fast and easy, for months we've been given free Tokyo gold keys that I had a good 30 gold keys after maxing Phantom, as well as getting an alt from lvl 80 hr to lvl 90.
And that's ontop of having over 500 15k, 70 100k and 55 1million exp tickets. And ontop of the permanent ways to level rapidly like featured Exp quests and aqs.
There is simply no excuse whatsoever to bring an underleveled subclass to endgame content when it takes very little effort to get your subclass to a good level.
It is endgame content, not midgame content. The entire concept means that you have to put in at least a bit of effort to do it and PSO2 greatly reduces that effort.

And yeah, as mentioned some time before the problem with UH is the tweaks Sega thought would make it more fun but which are nothing but annoying.
50% Healing nerf when everything hits like 3 trucks at once is just annoying, it's endgame content so in any rpg it's imperative to be able to do it at peak condition as the entire genre of rpg is about getting stronger, not weaker. I didn't play this long and level up and get good gear and stuff just so that it's weakened and playing endgame content feels like the same state as a year earlier or whatever.
Just like the Deus Gracia and Guides of Creation, doing less damage because the boss has super high def or res is annoying and at the core rpgs are a lot about rising numbers, we are nerds that play and make an effort so the numbers get bigger, so we really don't want them to get smaller again in exchange for a smaller HP pool for any endgame content.
A gimmick enemy here and there like Micdas (high def so even hitting the weakpoint does less damage than for other Darkers) can be fun but really not an endgame EQ boss.
Also makes it hard to tell if you are doing good damage or not.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 29, 2019, 04:16 AM
I actually like this ep a lot and I think there's a lot of good content so far.

I say this extremely loosely (mainly for my first point) and expect someone to respond in the wrong way but heres what I'm saying:

-I dont necessarily count little balance patches here and there as "content", this all feels like stuff that should have kicked in right as Ep6 started in a big patch instead of trickling it down over the year because it seems like an extremely lazy and unfortunately tactful way of dripping "content" to the players to get people off their backs here and there.

-I don't count recycling the same Event Quests (New Year Carnival) at the beginning of this year and recently passed Summer Event as "content" because it didn't really offer anything new (Masq Sword/Wand was a carrot on the stick and they aren't even that amazing) for people to go for if you weren't new or just coming back to catch up on gear (which technically people should have done during the New Years Carnival). They also did idk what number we're at now but another Enchanted Forest campaign for gear that was already obtainable from the past 2 Events which I still found super unnecessary

-Ultralized content, many things can be said and I think some people know how I feel about it; it's incredibly lazy content to put out with new 15* drops either being a new 15* camo or just being pointless to use when Atra Ex/Lightstream still do the job better. Killing mobs is a waste of time since they dont drop anything good themselves aside cubes and meseta and OT bosses get in the way of the Ultralized boss spawns over time (going 15-45mins per UH boss is not fun) which makes farming more tedious and frustrating than it needs to be. While Dim/Awake/Blood/Mirage series are nice, it would be even better if the mobs actually dropped something along those lines themselves. Armada is a new raid and while fun it becomes nothing but a Ex Cube/Phrase Decay refuel EQ (to a degree thats fine) but its other drops being obtainable through trade-in badges over time, basically only one of the weapons are actually good and it made Gu way more stronger than it needs to be.

UH Profound Darkness is another waste of time to run outside some cubes but you're better off running SH trigs because the rates are so incredibly low. A lot of people were expecting Ray drops to be on tier with Basilis but they're basically at 15* drop rates in this day and age its ridiculous

I like to think UH fields are a mistake, they're dead after about 1-2 weeks and with how they are now that I'm sure people give up pretty fast on it. I don't blame them, hell we're probably never going to see the rest of the fields get XH added to them because this game looks like some new Developers project where you see content that was added but never touched up on again, left to rot.

UH Magatsu is probably going to get a new model but same objective, I really don't see Sega going out of their way to wow people when it releases. Hey it drops Chronos/Amprodite stones! go get it!

- We still don't have an Ep6 Cinematic opening for God knows why and by the time it releases it's just going to pour into Ep7 like how Ep5's is now

- Sega releasing Compound PA's (I dont remember the actual name for it now) but 1 at a time, still waiting on new Technics

I don't know, everyone knows I complain about everything but this Episode has been lackluster for me outside playing Phantom, if anything this Episode has allowed me to finish more games lately and just log for weeklies and phasion. I love Endless Quest but just no motivation to run it anymore

XrosBlader821
Aug 29, 2019, 11:05 AM
- We still don't have an Ep6 Cinematic opening for God knows why

Can't have anything to do with the fact that one of EP6's Classes hasn't released yet :wacko:

Dark Mits
Aug 29, 2019, 11:23 AM
Can't have anything to do with the fact that one of EP6's Classes hasn't released yet :wacko:That's kind of... disheartening. It means that we have to wait at least 4 more months for it!

ArcaneTechs
Aug 29, 2019, 12:44 PM
Can't have anything to do with the fact that one of EP6's Classes hasn't released yet :wacko:

All according to keikaku

XrosBlader821
Aug 29, 2019, 01:41 PM
All according to keikaku

You mean common sense?

UniverseLover
Aug 29, 2019, 02:11 PM
You mean common sense?

I think even you can see that it's kinda dumb to have the cinematic release be at the tail-end of the episode instead of earlier on.

Zephyrion
Aug 29, 2019, 02:30 PM
I think even you can see that it's kinda dumb to have the cinematic release be at the tail-end of the episode instead of earlier on.

I mean that's under the assumption EP6 is as short as EP4-5 which I HIGHLY doubt. Story has barely even taken off, we get 2 classes for the episode, kicking off a new difficulty and all.EP6 wil probably last longer which could explain why cinematic is delayed up until second class release. we know a raid is coming too so the cinematic prolly features that boss vs Etoile. Oh well, we'll see

UniverseLover
Aug 29, 2019, 02:31 PM
Yeah that's fair

ArcaneTechs
Aug 29, 2019, 03:19 PM
You mean common sense?

No i mean even if they do do that, its kinda dumb its my point again as to trickle down little stuff like this over time versus one big patch. Also sarcasm

Exactly

I mean that's under the assumption EP6 is as short as EP4-5 which I HIGHLY doubt. Story has barely even taken off, we get 2 classes for the episode, kicking off a new difficulty and all.EP6 wil probably last longer which could explain why cinematic is delayed up until second class release. we know a raid is coming too so the cinematic prolly features that boss vs Etoile. Oh well, we'll see

I look forward to another Vita tier quality video on my stronger pc, thanks 240p

XrosBlader821
Aug 30, 2019, 06:57 AM

Why do you think its gonna be at the tail end of the episode? We're still in chapter 1 and are just now getting chapter 2 in a few weeks.

Opening Cinematics were always basically new class hype videos taking place in Chapter 2 (except for Su because... it's Su) and we knew a second EP6 class was on it's way pretty much since EP6 launched. So whatever the Opening cinematic is I expect it to feature the boss of chapter 2, Etoile and Phantom, maybe A.I.S. Vega as well.

Zorak000
Aug 30, 2019, 09:16 AM
echoing the sentiment of my problem with UH it's just free fields right now. I much preferred the EP5 retrospective quest over the ult amdu free field too.

Ultra Hard AQs? heck yeah I'd be all over those probably shrug.

It's not helping too much that we're slowly getting more cronos and amphrite stones and all the UH weapons so far have ranged from Austere NT to not-quite as strong as Atlas EX; with some exceptions like the Agnes TMG.

Like I get that they might want endgame motivation to be going back into these places to farm out for abilities like EVs and Crack V; but I would be more motivated to do so if I had some more tangible goals like how they updated the Extreme Quest unit exchange to be both affordable and giving us the Flict/Alter ability on a 4s unit to start with

iceburn dog spoiled me affixing-wise: [Ares the (or Apprentice) Soul / Persona Reverie / ARKS Max / Doom Break 2 / Ability III] Simply felt way too good for how easy it was to make with iceburndog vomiting mid-high slot Doom Break I / Ability III units everywhere. I could probably consider upgrading that setup to use Mana Reverie instead of Persona Reverie if I really wanted to put the effort into it

LordKaiser
Sep 3, 2019, 12:11 PM
If there's something that I hate the most is to have a so early maintenance. All accumulated shells for nothing. now I have to crush them.

SteveCZ
Sep 3, 2019, 07:34 PM
If there's something that I hate the most is to have a so early maintenance. All accumulated shells for nothing. now I have to crush them.

What noo.. those pillows can be sold in player shop for moneh.

Dark Mits
Sep 4, 2019, 12:15 AM
What noo.. those pillows can be sold in player shop for moneh.The NPCs disappeared before players had a chance to login to purchase the items. Many players didn't know about the extended maintenance, and kept their shells to be used on the very last day.

SteveCZ
Sep 4, 2019, 06:44 AM
I see... on my side many players know about the extended maintenance that I even forgot what'll happen to those who don't check the news. Oh well.

Aranea
Sep 5, 2019, 04:32 AM
Deos Gryphon is probably the most pathetic iteration of an UH enemy so far. Other than the cosmetic redesign its basically the same enemy we've been fighting for the past few years, the only gimmick being its susceptible to freeze this time instead of shock. With this in mind, you can just stun lock Deos and pummel until its inevitable death without a scratch on your own HP. Not the most threatening UH tier enemy so far.

The rest of this years Regiment of the Wicked is fundamentally copy/pasted from last years with the exception of some mob changes. I don't know if its just me but the whole quest doesn't scream UH at me. Mobs just melt plus the only set backs I've had are getting a Nyau spawn and waiting for Emper/Izane to spawn after beating Deos (that delay is real right? It cant just be me surely).

XrosBlader821
Sep 5, 2019, 01:12 PM
yep that delay did cost me an additional run before

ArcaneTechs
Sep 5, 2019, 09:39 PM
Deos Gryphon is probably the most pathetic iteration of an UH enemy so far. Other than the cosmetic redesign its basically the same enemy we've been fighting for the past few years, the only gimmick being its susceptible to freeze this time instead of shock. With this in mind, you can just stun lock Deos and pummel until its inevitable death without a scratch on your own HP. Not the most threatening UH tier enemy so far.

The rest of this years Regiment of the Wicked is fundamentally copy/pasted from last years with the exception of some mob changes. I don't know if its just me but the whole quest doesn't scream UH at me. Mobs just melt plus the only set backs I've had are getting a Nyau spawn and waiting for Emper/Izane to spawn after beating Deos (that delay is real right? It cant just be me surely).

wow its like, I've only been complaining about anything UH that isn't Armada

you guys still love YSOK? more boss reskins, couple of new attacks, mobs get bloated HP and nothing unique added to them making them a waste of time along with OT bosses clogging up the NT boss spawns, 15* camo drops (unless they're gimmick is along the lines of Orgei and its actually good) to avoid power creep on Atra Ex/Lightstream users because of the grind you have to put in to get them, tiny balance updates considered "content" month by month, same campaigns/LQ's for Atra/Lightstream over and over this year, Quest Campaign boosts that give a nice boost but the drops that are supposed to featured are compensated with extremely low rates for those drops to bait people into getting on, new "PAs" every few weeks or monthly.

I can only hope TGS announcement updates are actually good

XrosBlader821
Sep 6, 2019, 01:34 AM
you guys still love YSOK?

Yes I do.

Dark Mits
Sep 6, 2019, 01:57 AM
It's not like we haven't beaten this dead horse so many times already...

They cannot add challenging type of content because the playerbase just wants to play content where everything dies in 1-2 attacks while having infinite+ amount of i-frames. The only way to make content last longer is to either make enemies need more hits to die, or to make each quest have more enemies. In both cases, at least here at the forums, we complain about artificial extension of time needed to do complete our daily tasks.

Players always flock to what gives the most rewards for the least effort. We don't do anything other than daily FQs and EQs because that's where 99% of rewards are. We only run 1 TA, 1 XQ or 1 AQ per month because (surprise!) it's a weekly mission for 600k meseta. We don't run BQ because it doesn't give anything worthwhile. We don't run CMs for the same reason.

Sega also can't "enhance" the seasonal EQ experience exactly because we (the majority) would throw a fit if it required something more than blind left-click spamming while we watch Netflix on 2nd screen.

We have been given so many tools, defenses and QoL improvements for "harder" enemies that anything outside of unavoidable instant-death without warning is not even worth trying to evade (ok, we get knocked down).

PSO2 has ended up having less variety in content as time passed by instead of more.

XrosBlader821
Sep 6, 2019, 03:06 AM
It's not like we haven't beaten this dead horse so many times already...

They cannot add challenging type of content because the playerbase just wants to play content where everything dies in 1-2 attacks while having infinite+ amount of i-frames. The only way to make content last longer is to either make enemies need more hits to die, or to make each quest have more enemies. In both cases, at least here at the forums, we complain about artificial extension of time needed to do complete our daily tasks.

Players always flock to what gives the most rewards for the least effort. We don't do anything other than daily FQs and EQs because that's where 99% of rewards are. We only run 1 TA, 1 XQ or 1 AQ per month because (surprise!) it's a weekly mission for 600k meseta. We don't run BQ because it doesn't give anything worthwhile. We don't run CMs for the same reason.

Sega also can't "enhance" the seasonal EQ experience exactly because we (the majority) would throw a fit if it required something more than blind left-click spamming while we watch Netflix on 2nd screen.

We have been given so many tools, defenses and QoL improvements for "harder" enemies that anything outside of unavoidable instant-death without warning is not even worth trying to evade (ok, we get knocked down).

PSO2 has ended up having less variety in content as time passed by instead of more.

> implying we had more content variety before.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 6, 2019, 03:38 AM
Yes I do.

ya because Ep6 has been such a fantastic adventure so far right?

Dark Mits
Sep 6, 2019, 03:58 AM
I realize that it comes off as whining on my behalf, but in a sense we did.

1) Ultra Hard Free Fields are basically Free Fields without exploration. In fact, this has the case since Kuron was released. I guess people hated Sanctum and the concept of "Damn this is a dead end, I need to go the other way". There was (and still is for the old maps pre-UH) variety in map layout, and it felt great to find the exit in many maps.

2) In AQs the point of the quest was to maximize capsule investment by exploring every nook and cranny of the map and trying to cause many PSE Bursts. Current optimal way to clear AQ is to head straight to the end and kill only what appears right in front of you; no detours. Let's also not forget how the implementation of keys and 4th daily FQ basically killed the major boon that AQs was providing.

3) Time Attacks before Harkotan involved progressing through static dungeons and spawns. After the implementation of Harkotan TA, the rest of the TAs just take up space in the list.

4) The beginning of EP5 may have failed with BQ being the only new content, but at least it kind of "forced" us to try and prioritize targets according to the threat they posed to the towers, which was a welcome change over just hitting the closest target. The new EC type of having 2 targets which should ideally be killed together seemed like it would be an interesting change, but sadly killing one as fast as possible and then the 2nd is optimal, because the damage increase and general threat increase of the surviving target is too miniscule to even bother about it.

5) Before EP6 and the implementation of daily keys, Client Orders were a great way to make meseta and earn exp, enough that we had an incentive to remain and kill extra targets in a map before heading to the boss area. Nowadays it's not even worth taking the boss COs for 30k exp. In fact it is less exp/min and meseta/min to try and do any CO that isn't Daily Triboost or map clear for 100k+ meseta.

I want to emphasize that if players want to, they can still engage themselves in the above content. But the reward of all these has been diminished so much that it does not feel as if we progress, even if slightly. In fact, it feels as we intentionally gimp ourselves by not just jumping into the daily FQ / seasonal EQ treadmill.

oratank
Sep 6, 2019, 04:20 AM
We don't run BQ because it doesn't give anything worthwhile.

sq is worth for it

Zephyrion
Sep 6, 2019, 06:00 AM
wow its like, I've only been complaining about anything UH that isn't Armada

you guys still love YSOK? more boss reskins, couple of new attacks, mobs get bloated HP and nothing unique added to them making them a waste of time along with OT bosses clogging up the NT boss spawns, 15* camo drops (unless they're gimmick is along the lines of Orgei and its actually good) to avoid power creep on Atra Ex/Lightstream users because of the grind you have to put in to get them, tiny balance updates considered "content" month by month, same campaigns/LQ's for Atra/Lightstream over and over this year, Quest Campaign boosts that give a nice boost but the drops that are supposed to featured are compensated with extremely low rates for those drops to bait people into getting on, new "PAs" every few weeks or monthly.

I can only hope TGS announcement updates are actually good

I mean objectively speaking, EP6 start didn't introduce less content than other episodes. In fact it does a lot more than previous ones. I'd say as Mitts said, it's just that before, EXP was actually relevant. levelling a new class used to take at least a few days of hard grind, but now you can just literally gulp keys for 2 hours top and reach lv95. Story updates also helped giving the illusion the episode was actually progressing.

I didn't honestly expect any insane flood of content until the first "major" EQ and SEGA didn't so anything that surprising. I'd argue UH fields are only held back by the cycle format and weapon stalling, as the quest themselves are fairly enjoyable (I'd like for ultralized bosses trials to be a bit more common but hey) but Blizzard duo is insane fun, Meduna and Blan finally do relevant things instead of being massive beatsticks, which is real nice

XrosBlader821
Sep 6, 2019, 09:15 AM
ya because Ep6 has been such a fantastic adventure so far right?

It's great.
I no longer feel the pressure of having to play the game literally every day for multiple hours or else I miss out like it did before and scheduling my life around EQ schedules in order to get another shot at a weapon drop that wont drop anyway. Weekly meseta income is no longer a pain where I have to complete them on the same day exactly a week later or else I'll be lagging behind. And there are a lot of QoL improvement that just make everything better in general,

1) Ultra Hard Free Fields are basically Free Fields without exploration. In fact, this has the case since Kuron was released. I guess people hated Sanctum and the concept of "Damn this is a dead end, I need to go the other way". There was (and still is for the old maps pre-UH) variety in map layout, and it felt great to find the exit in many maps.

Maybe it feels great when you don't realize that 95% of the time the exit is just pointing north and then you can just guess with a 50/50 chance of where to go. After that it just feels jarring if you guess incorrectly.

Arks Quests are just FF but smaller. They always felt redundant. Instead of making those I always wanted them to just put more effort into Free fields and EQ's which is what they finally started doing mid EP4
RQ are just Las Vegas exploration but with one exclusive E-Trial
UQ were just FF before they were changed to loop around, but now FF are looped around too so they're still the same
XQ are just fighting the same mobs you fought so far in a cramped space
AQ are just FF but with a entering fee that is so stupid it might as well not exist (even before ABC capsules were reduced to 1)
Each map is basically the same building blocks with a different coat of paint, otherwise the random map generator this game works with will have trouble making good maps (which already can be observed with Sanctum, sometimes the Exist spawns literally 1 block next to the entrance).

We never had this amazing content variety you speak off we always ran the same shit over and over. Being forced to do a Ultimate Free Fields over Regular Free fields isn't variety. It's doing the same thing with a different coat of paint. XQ would be great if they featured all new mobs like Solo UQ does. AQ's would be great if they weren't just Free Fields with a entrance fee (and wouldn't be split between two difficulties for some reason). At most you could argue that the content offers the most shallow amount of variety. but if we're gonna disregard Seasonal EQ as not real content since its the same as last year with minor differences then nothing I said so far proves Variety either.

CM were just a EP3 endgame thing that never caught on. I think people only run it nowadays for SG, just like BQ.
BQ were just spamable Mining Base defenses that got old very fast (despite being a great EXP source on Grade 3) Honestly they should've just made them EQ-only from the start.
PVP is great but the lag non JP players have to deal with completely ruins it.
Casino's odds are too skewed against the player so most people don't bother. There should be weekly Arks Missions to incentivise playing the Casino and the minigames should honestly be replaced with something more skill based rather than luck based. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl had a Casino one armed bandit version where the Clefairy next to the slots told you in what rythm you have to push the "stop" button to win. Basically you have a lose state but if you paid attention you'd always get a win state and depending on luck a huge success state. With the current Casino games you can't influence that at all. Personally I'd love if Casino had a TCG area.
Fashion Catalogue is huge and ultimately offers the most Variety in this game (which is something that went up and not down). In all honesty Sega should expand on those features. Weapon Transmog was a step in the right direction, now do the same for Units.

5) Before EP6 and the implementation of daily keys, Client Orders were a great way to make meseta and earn exp, enough that we had an incentive to remain and kill extra targets in a map before heading to the boss area. Nowadays it's not even worth taking the boss COs for 30k exp. In fact it is less exp/min and meseta/min to try and do any CO that isn't Daily Triboost or map clear for 100k+ meseta.

Client Orders were never a efficient way of leveling up your character or earn Meseta. It was always "Just do TACO lmao" and you only bothered with the CO to SLIGHTLY speed up the leveling process while doing something else. Even as early as EP2 you'd either spam Level Up quests which were only around temporarily and EQ's that gave really good EXP (for that time anyway). Keep in mind that back in the day the EXP curve for lower levels wasn't the same 1~75 curve we have today. It was relaxed at some point, cant remember exactly when,

Most important rewards are [Currently highest Difficulty]-only so that's why, just like with any other themepark MMO, eventually the EXP gain philosophy changed from "something that takes a while" to "get to endgame asap 'cuz that's where all the fun is". It is inevitable.

Dark Mits
Sep 6, 2019, 12:01 PM
Maybe it feels great when you don't realize that 95% of the time the exit is just pointing north and then you can just guess with a 50/50 chance of where to go. After that it just feels jarring if you guess incorrectly.This is where I disagree. Granted, I am a fan of video games that promote exploration. I considered Sanctum maps to be the best both because of their maze-like design, as well as for the fact that at least 1 out 6 maps would have the exit at a point that was not North, which for me is a welcome surprise.

Arks Quests are just FF but smaller. They always felt redundant. Instead of making those I always wanted them to just put more effort into Free fields and EQ's which is what they finally started doing mid EP4Agreed. In fact I'd prefer if ARKS Quests shared areas and were just different objectives for Free Fields

RQ are just Las Vegas exploration but with one exclusive E-TrialAgreed. Not a fan of Tokyo or Las Vegas design though, even as a Free Field.

UQ were just FF before they were changed to loop around, but now FF are looped around too so they're still the sameA design sacrifice if you ask me in the name of faster rewards per minute online.

XQ are just fighting the same mobs you fought so far in a cramped spaceThis would have been great if they were expanded with more floors as level caps were increased, and relevant rewards.

AQ are just FF but with a entering fee that is so stupid it might as well not exist (even before ABC capsules were reduced to 1)In my eyes the main difference between AQ and FF is that AQ does not have respawns, and has a time limit. Now if, again, risk could increase the enemy levels to 96, and rewards were again relevant, it would provide nice and interesting content since we would love to see how much of the map we can clear before running out of time.

Each map is basically the same building blocks with a different coat of paint, otherwise the random map generator this game works with will have trouble making good maps (which already can be observed with Sanctum, sometimes the Exist spawns literally 1 block next to the entrance).I'll nitpick a bit here (or a lot actually); Maps up to at least Seabed are indeed randomly generated. I have been playing since 2015, and I can say with near certainty that I have never run 2 Forests, 2 Caves, 2 Deserts etc. that had the absolute exact same layout. From Kuron onwards, it felt more that there are 10-12 different maps, and you get 1 of those randomly. Las Vegas has just 2. Enchanted Forest has definitely less than 10 variations. Ultra Free Fields share map designs with UQ and Enchanted Forest.

We never had this amazing content variety you speak off we always ran the same shit over and over. Being forced to do a Ultimate Free Fields over Regular Free fields isn't variety. It's doing the same thing with a different coat of paint. XQ would be great if they featured all new mobs like Solo UQ does. AQ's would be great if they weren't just Free Fields with a entrance fee (and wouldn't be split between two difficulties for some reason). At most you could argue that the content offers the most shallow amount of variety. but if we're gonna disregard Seasonal EQ as not real content since its the same as last year with minor differences then nothing I said so far proves Variety either.Yes, we have been doing the same stuff in just different colored areas, but our course of action would sometimes break the mold. Back when bosses would take 10mins to solo, Capture ECs were a blessing. Judgement, Collect, that EC with the door keys in caves, Gesture were fun minigames which were also at a point viable as rewards, since they were giving the exp of about 20-25 enemies, for the effort and time investment of killing just 5. None of these ECs have been upgraded for UH content, and even the usual ones (Duel, Attack etc) have their reward be too low to even care about participating. Hell, it's not even worth trying to compete for 1st or 3rd position on the new ranking trials for the excubes.

I also entirely agree with the in-between paragraph

Client Orders were never a efficient way of leveling up your character or earn Meseta. It was always "Just do TACO lmao" and you only bothered with the CO to SLIGHTLY speed up the leveling process while doing something else. Even as early as EP2 you'd either spam Level Up quests which were only around temporarily and EQ's that gave really good EXP (for that time anyway). Keep in mind that back in the day the EXP curve for lower levels wasn't the same 1~75 curve we have today. It was relaxed at some point, cant remember exactly when,Disagree.
Back when the level cap was still 75 or 80, doing a daily FQ even at 50% daily triboost would net about 20-25k exp from all enemies killed. Handing the COs for 60 enemies, 70 enemies and bosses alone was an extra 75k-90k, which was more than 3 times as much exp as the quest itself.
Yes, you could just run 4th daily FQ until you got bored, but before that COs were a major non-EQ and non-AQ source of exp.
Klotho was indeed the go-to option for meseta, and low-floor XQ after that.
As with the rest of the content, COs were left behind because they were not allowed to scale to higher levels, but instead they cap their rewards at around lvl60 if I remember correctly. Imagine if all COs had their rewards increased just 5-fold; it would become near mandatory to take as many as possible when doing anything, and it would encourage staying around in Fields to kill more stuff.
Meanwhile the absence of new repeatable COs is also evident that the devs have given up on them. The last CO I remember implemented was 500 enemies in EF. We only get COs from temporary NPCs or the latest "Get this new Hunter PA".

Most important rewards are [Currently highest Difficulty]-only so that's why, just like with any other themepark MMO, eventually the EXP gain philosophy changed from "something that takes a while" to "get to endgame asap 'cuz that's where all the fun is". It is inevitable.100% agreed. But we have to live with it even though we don't like it.

Arada
Sep 6, 2019, 06:42 PM
There's an easy way to make seasonnal EQs run like crazy, relevant and rewarding without power creep.
Revive a scratch from long ago with items and LA you can't find anymore and allow players to scratch in it only with special tickets that drop in the corresponding seasonal EQ.
You'll see.

And if anyone wants to suggest that in the next player survey, be my guest.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 6, 2019, 11:50 PM
It's great.
I no longer feel the pressure of having to play the game literally every day for multiple hours or else I miss out like it did before and scheduling my life around EQ schedules in order to get another shot at a weapon drop that wont drop anyway. Weekly meseta income is no longer a pain where I have to complete them on the same day exactly a week later or else I'll be lagging behind. And there are a lot of QoL improvement that just make everything better in general,

QoL changes are always nice but its not core content, if anything it should come along with said core content which outside Armada EQ, its lacking.

BUT THE LUMINMECH ULTIMATE QUEST IS ON THE WAY!! and look how long its taken to get here for rewards of unknown worth and probably the least effort put into one mission to spam over and over

XrosBlader821
Sep 7, 2019, 08:31 AM
QoL changes are always nice but its not core content, if anything it should come along with said core content which outside Armada EQ, its lacking.

I mean, UH Free Fields are core content. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 7, 2019, 02:27 PM
I mean, UH Free Fields are core content. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

how is adding reskinned bosses with 1-3 new moves with bad drops (well maybe not the Resonance series) considered content? I already pointed out the bad flaws in UH fields especially when that content releases its DoA by stream reveal or if its lucky dies during week 2. UH Nab is the biggest example of this by dying off first week.

another example being are new or returning players, how are they suppose to farm any of those drops from UH fields when that content is dead? TMPA? well thats if you can gather 11 other people who care enough to do it, can't exactly use boss Trigs from the prize shop unless 11 other people are willing to spend their medals on boss trigs and that you're also limited to one trig a week with. Not to mention Armada isn't scheduled as much anymore making Prize Medals more scarce.

Literally the only good things that have come out of Ep6 are the QoL changes like unlimited team tree use, auto loot and Phantom. Armada EQ, 1 variant from each sector is significantly worse than the other and Anges drops significantly less than Dominus for no good reason

Sonickyle27
Sep 7, 2019, 07:26 PM
I do hope at some point SEGA does add some kind of enemy scaling system to the UH quests depending on the amount of players there are so that their HP is reduced. Going in solo is a miserable experience as every enemy is a HP sponge, and bosses take ages to take down.

XrosBlader821
Sep 8, 2019, 09:18 AM
how is adding reskinned bosses with 1-3 new moves with bad drops (well maybe not the Resonance series) considered content?

That's literally how the game worked since it's inception or what do you think people been doing during the 5 month long periods between a episode launch and the first Raid EQ being released? Again, just because you don't like it doesn't mean its not new content.

I do hope at some point SEGA does add some kind of enemy scaling system to the UH quests depending on the amount of players there are so that their HP is reduced. Going in solo is a miserable experience as every enemy is a HP sponge, and bosses take ages to take down.

I guess they can't do that currently since people can drop in and out from Free Fields at any time. They implemented a HP scaling system but that was in the 4-man Phantom XQ I assume they're unable to make a HP scaling system unless you have a Player amount check at the beginning of the quest.

Sonickyle27
Sep 8, 2019, 01:12 PM
I guess they can't do that currently since people can drop in and out from Free Fields at any time. They implemented a HP scaling system but that was in the 4-man Phantom XQ I assume they're unable to make a HP scaling system unless you have a Player amount check at the beginning of the quest.

Free Fields do increase/decrease the amount of enemies and bosses that spawn depending on the amount of players nearby that trigger the spawn. It make me wonder if they have a system in place to do the same for HP...

ArcaneTechs
Sep 8, 2019, 02:30 PM
That's literally how the game worked since it's inception or what do you think people been doing during the 5 month long periods between a episode launch and the first Raid EQ being released? Again, just because you don't like it doesn't mean its not new content.

so if Sega releases Subdue Za Oodan UH, you'd eat that up pronto right? gotcha

Zephyrion
Sep 9, 2019, 04:40 AM

To be fair, UH fields are way more fun than you give them credit for. The real issue lies with rewards, because let's be real, people would run the worst shit as long as the drops are remotely worth it, and vice-versa. UH gave exactly what people were asking for, a new difficulty, new enemy patterns (aside from ultralized bosses, most mobs and mini-bosses got at least a new pattern), new e-trials. Sure it could go farther in that direction, but given how fast they cycle, it's already a way better job than what they did with XH fields and AQ (XH fields were the absolute worst but surprise, everyone ate that shit for Zara series, fun vs drops amirite). It's kind of sad since they could have used the NT craft introduction to put a lot of *13 NT series down there to make them more accessible but alas.

I still hope they come back to fields some time in the future and give those extra love because the potential is there imo, it's just that they so obviously treat them as placeholders for seasonals and LQs which somehow get a shitton of series to drop and weapons worth going for compared to the absolute nothing that goes on in fields drop-wise, aside from the odd *15 with meme potential

XrosBlader821
Sep 9, 2019, 06:51 AM

That's not what I said but have fun beating that strawman.

wefwq
Sep 9, 2019, 07:19 AM
Reskined Magatsu better be worth the wait.

NightlightPro
Sep 9, 2019, 07:39 AM
so UH TD is gonna be something?

silo1991
Sep 9, 2019, 09:01 AM

just imagine UH BQ or perpetual madness those are gonna be insane

also IMO TD3 its the hardest because of extra waves and more angles where enemies spawns

Poyonche
Sep 9, 2019, 09:53 AM

I really hope so, I NEED it (so I can listen to critical TD BGM once again, in game, not on YouTube)...

Also there are so many things they could do by giving TD/BQ UH difficulty, like giving "Accidents" to TD quests instead of the "Warning! HP/Atk boosted by x%"
I would be disappointed if they'd just, you know, boost mobs...

UniverseLover
Sep 9, 2019, 10:41 AM
That's not what I said but have fun beating that strawman.

Obviously you didn't say that we can all read. It's the implication that dead content is actually content. If SEGA releases something and it's played for a week and never/rarely played beyond that, is that considered "content"? If they released Subdue Za Oodan UH people would probably do it for a day or two for the meme then it would be dead. That's not really content is it? So why are UH free fields content if it only lasts a few more days than Za Oodan UH would?

Dark Mits
Sep 9, 2019, 10:54 AM
so if Sega releases Subdue Za Oodan UH, you'd eat that up pronto right? gotchaIf I could clear it with 3 NPCs, I'd love to have it as content. Just because I'm a casual non-expert, it does not mean that I do not want content that is challenging for my own performance cap.

Obviously you didn't say that we can all read. It's the implication that dead content is actually content. If SEGA releases something and it's played for a week and never/rarely played beyond that, is that considered "content"? If they released Subdue Za Oodan UH people would probably do it for a day or two for the meme then it would be dead. That's not really content is it? So why are UH free fields content if it only lasts a few more days than Za Oodan UH would?I'd consider it content; just content that is a one-time experience, like Story mode. As it was mentioned, content is consumed for the reward, not for the content itself. I'd guess that Boss Rush Daily FQ is the most "liked" quest in the game, and we all know that it is not because players love fighting its 8 bosses in a row.

But to give any type of reward to any content, you either have to remove or devalue the other sources of the same reward. And I'd guess that players would fuss if that was the case.

UniverseLover
Sep 9, 2019, 11:52 AM
I'd consider it content; just content that is a one-time experience, like Story mode. As it was mentioned, content is consumed for the reward, not for the content itself. I'd guess that Boss Rush Daily FQ is the most "liked" quest in the game, and we all know that it is not because players love fighting its 8 bosses in a row.

But to give any type of reward to any content, you either have to remove or devalue the other sources of the same reward. And I'd guess that players would fuss if that was the case.

Yeah that's fair. Everyone has a definition of what content is and what's relevant to them.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 9, 2019, 02:44 PM
Obviously you didn't say that we can all read. It's the implication that dead content is actually content. If SEGA releases something and it's played for a week and never/rarely played beyond that, is that considered "content"? If they released Subdue Za Oodan UH people would probably do it for a day or two for the meme then it would be dead. That's not really content is it? So why are UH free fields content if it only lasts a few more days than Za Oodan UH would?

Thats my point, the drops aren't worth going for unless you're looking to weapon pass camo them. Nab UH 15*s were garbage on release and those fields died quick. Worpal is barely alive as is, even had a 100% boost on it the 2nd week (should have been 200%) and it barely manage 1-2 mpa's if you were lucky and the drops there weren't any better, aesthetically they arent bad but usefulness no, stick to Atra/LS.

I really not expecting Sega to go out of their way to rework the Magatsu EQ for UH, just slap the current UH formula on to it, add Chronos or Amphrodite stones at extremely low rates + weapon camo drops + w/e "unique" 15*s they decide to release and call it a day.

I'd still be fighting the lag harder than the boss when the boss teleports a couple of steps forward and I fall off the platform which thankfully all class JBs exist to fix this

If I could clear it with 3 NPCs, I'd love to have it as content. Just because I'm a casual non-expert, it does not mean that I do not want content that is challenging for my own performance cap.

I'd consider it content; just content that is a one-time experience, like Story mode. As it was mentioned, content is consumed for the reward, not for the content itself. I'd guess that Boss Rush Daily FQ is the most "liked" quest in the game, and we all know that it is not because players love fighting its 8 bosses in a row.

Subdue Za Oodan UH was a joke and an implication that Xros just eats up any content that Sega puts out with extremely minimal effort into and just be happy with it despite how a company that has a team to actually create fun and long lasting content to run instead of fun for one hour and dead the following week with no incentive to latch on to and difficult to farm yourself when no one is running said content anymore.

Buster Quest FQ also outputs higher exp than boss rush LQ as a fyi

silo1991
Sep 9, 2019, 03:09 PM
you know what else its a good idea delete the riding quest , nobody will miss these specially because of its aborrecent music (dont get me wrong i like the symphonical versions on FFs)

but definilly make new ones in space as FQ

edit: they can even use or recycle double innerverse tileset , its sad that tileset was made with so much dedication for not being use as an LQ at least

XrosBlader821
Sep 10, 2019, 11:17 AM
Subdue Za Oodan UH was a joke and an implication that Xros just eats up any content that Sega puts out with extremely minimal effort into and just be happy with it despite how a company that has a team to actually create fun and long lasting content to run instead of fun for one hour and dead the following week with no incentive to latch on to and difficult to farm yourself when no one is running said content anymore.

I haven't said that I'm happy with this type of content in this thread but you love assuming things based on nothing i guess.
By your definition Story quests aren't content because you play them once and that's it.
Arks Quests were always "new player filler content" and if not for FQ no one would do them nowadays. Free Field explorations were the main Mode people ran for Drops before other means replaced them. (like AQ, XQ, EQ etc.). Back in Episode 4 between launch and Yamato if you wanted the newest Seiga weapons have fun grinding away in Tokyo exploration XH & Keys while Sega introduces Gathering or just wait the five months for Yamato EQ. Nobody was happy about it and that's why Sega tried new things with Riding Quests and Buster Quests.
UH FF are just a means to have a permanent quest where the new weapon drop while they're also available in timed seasonal EQ's while also providing new Enemies with new attacks for Seasonal EQ's to keep them a little bit more fresh. Especially this year the Seasonals have been some of the best we've had in a long time. Regiment is just super lacking because UH Harkotan & Maggy will release at a later date.

vantpers
Sep 10, 2019, 01:24 PM
Ultra Hard fields are necessary. Just like EP5 needed Enchanted Forest to be the dump area for all those abandoned Buster enemies or Falz bosses that were mostly available through EQs and story to have a satisfying appearance. The fields themselves are cost effective, and by that I mean that the enemy tweaks will just be reused in pretty much everything. Obviously people get bored of FF because it's low intensity grinding quest with no real goals and fail conditions, that's coupled with Sega's gear progression where peak gear comes from one limited availability boss from EP5 and everything else struggles to be a sidegrade or a welfare for that one new player the game gets every month.

What I would really want is for Sega to stop playing around with rehashing yet another low intensity EQ that's in essence just a romp through some enemies until you get quest clear, with at best some "TA" elements because you could fit one more EQ into the timeslot. It doesn't help that LQs just appear and disappear until Sega feels to recycle them like in Endless, while we could have a decently big selection of fun time wasters now. Even then those LQs and most of content in general really just follows scheme of low intensity simplistic rampage through some enemies that will succeed no matter what.

TD1-4 are still the peak TD experience that could use a rehash exactly because it's a tighter quest with fail conditions, but rebalancing for UH needs some mindfulness given the balance shifted towards ever faster classes, and I would really hope for mobs that use their free field HP values instead of being nerfed severely. The other content that was a great break from the usual was Challenge Mode, which had a very decent run until finally it was just straight outside any gear progression and forgotten.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 12, 2019, 06:54 PM
I haven't said that I'm happy with this type of content in this thread but you love assuming things based on nothing i guess.

safe to say we're both assuming based of each others responses

By your definition Story quests aren't content because you play them once and that's it.

You used to be able to play them more than once for items but Sega did away with that because free SG is not allowed and now harder to get now a days but no, I never considered Story Quests like this because Free Fields don't have stories/cutscenes to them, just little random info pads that people almost never bother to look at anymore.

Back in Episode 4 between launch and Yamato if you wanted the newest Seiga weapons have fun grinding away in Tokyo exploration XH & Keys while Sega introduces Gathering or just wait the five months for Yamato EQ.

I don't know anyone who legitmately grinded for those weapons, either did Trigs or Yamato. Gathering needs a rework still, its mobile tier input is super bad still, so much potential with the Gathering system that Sega is small brained to bother with, I mean you can use other MMO's or RPGs as an example

Nobody was happy about it and that's why Sega tried new things with Riding Quests and Buster Quests.

While I can agree that Rideroid was a bit out there, Buster Quest was just a lame mans way of implementing more boring TD. Again, they could have gone about it better considering the theme around the Episode, we could have had a expansive war field/siege the castle EQ but we got stand in one area for X amount of time then storm up 2 ways and shred the attacking boss castle that takes less than a min to kill.

UH FF are just a means to have a permanent quest where the new weapon drop while they're also available in timed seasonal EQ's while also providing new Enemies with new attacks for Seasonal EQ's to keep them a little bit more fresh. Especially this year the Seasonals have been some of the best we've had in a long time. Regiment is just super lacking because UH Harkotan & Maggy will release at a later date.

We're at the point where you're better off not running/wasting time on the new UH field and just run the Seasonals with incredibly higher drop rates for whatever new 15*s that release unless that specific drop isn't in the seasonal and you want it, then run said UH content. Sega almost makes it pointless to bother running the UH fields outside experiencing that content before its dead the following week or two.

but hey, we're just going to get to the point where all the UH fields are done and Sega is just going to slap a 100/150% Tri Boost (or just RDR) for each planet rotation per week with either a new field boss or Falz bosses dropping a specific set (or single) of weapons to get people to run it again just to fill the void when theres nothing to do in the game which even then you can expect the fields to still not be maybe more than one mpa full. What I'm getting at is when this happens, its an incredibly super lazy filler content before the next update which is not exactly fun and definitely not a great way to get people to come back when people know how UH fields work and as much as I don't like easy 15*s, they may as well just let mobs/bosses drop (hear me out) MORE stones or something to trade in for whatever field drops that are there so theres something to work toward instead of running the UH field for lets say 5hrs in bursts and ultimately you get nothing out of it.

also lower the rate of OT bosses spawning, they're what makes the fields more infuriating when you go a whole hour of no NT boss spawns

mother clusterfck
Sep 15, 2019, 01:56 PM
TBH Perpetual Madness is the one TD style quest that is truly good, the rest ranges from nice to alright and all are pure bs with a bad mpa, worse than Madness, mainly since in madness people being at the wrong location will not automatically lead to losing a ton of tower health and Madness doesn't have a ton of laser towers or exodas that can take down mining towers almost instantly.
Also, just Madness since Endless Belligerence has the original BQ map which much bigger than all TD maps, has no travel system other than super slow telepipe cannons that are effectively only to reduce travel time in the final phase and only 8 players instead of 12.

TDs also have too big maps so you lose a ton of pp form dashing, especially since enemy waves deliberately alternate at opposite ends of the map, whereas Madness is pretty small with well placed tokyo speed rings so you dash a little to reach one and then refill pp while traveling shortly to your destination and even towers at opposite ends of the map can be reached pretty fast and with plenty of pp to actually kill enemies before they break that tower in half.
Also, you only need a bit of collecting which you can do effortlessly since you don't have to press anything but in TD it means either stopping to dash constantly and slowly walking the last bit or breaking all your fingers since you have to press a button to collect.
And if you don't, the quest can fail very easily. Since people have to collect frequently throughout the entire quest or 1-3 people have to do very little other than collecting almost the entire quest frequently you have runs where no one wants to do the boring ass collecting instead of the fun fighting (very understandably) and not just in random but even in premade runs.
TDs can be very fun but they will fail miserably and be anything but fun if people don't know what they are doing and pull their weight in much more ways than just dps.
Madness relies almost entirely on dps so even all those so called pro dps freaks that fail at TD can do it easily and it is far easier to get a good run with randoms.
And overall TD is way too much filler between fun, too much time spent on traveling, collecting, etc. whereas Perpetual Madness is just a concentration of fighting fun with little else, mostly just traveling a bit more than usual to get some out of the way laser tower and since laser towers are far less common in Madness than in later TDs they almost always get taken down in time whereas in TDs they and the exodas will frequently wreck towers since people get distracted way too easily by shiny bosses and minobosses they could fight instead of making sure they quest doesn't fail 10 minutes down the line.

Anyway, what we really want is for Sega to do sanity checks for ALL new content.
They failed / omitted the sanity check for UH fields when healing was nerfed healing by a massive 50% while everything hits like a truck on top another truck on top a freight train and making S4 Vampiric Strike nearly useless.
They failed the sanity check even worse they added flyby air raids every 45 seconds or so that instakill you if you don't to dodge half a second after they appear on screen and then another 4 times in 2 seconds.
Sega somehow believes this is actually fun, not just incredibly frustrating and pointless and it's all good and no problem since the quest have autorevive every 15 seconds or something.

And lack of new content has really never been this game's issue, at least since ep 2. The real issue has always been imbalanced core content.
And for the past 4 years or something, lack of obvious core content like more than eqs in XH and all explorations in the same difficulty.
We still have only 3 fields in XH because Sega stopped halfway through that campaign to go full ADS and add completely unrelated content and we can only hope that Sega will add at the very least UH for all fields instead of going ADS again.
And this is just core content since explorations in all difficulties are the main core of content from which all else branches of.
And yeah, Sega failed their Sanity check on XH fields as well by cranking up the encounter rate for Apostolo and Elze as well as lvl 85 bosses to 21 which are really annoying to fight for very little reward when soloing and thus destroying the one bastion for relaxing solo gameplay you can do unconditionally whenever you want, even before XH SH explorations were upgraded to have an e-trial rate almost the same to EQs with random trials but instead of the regular stuff, even for XH mobbing eqs, XH fields are just spamming lvl 85 bosses that barely even drop a single cube let a lone a 13* or 14* or at least a 12* unit so again it's content that's pretty much pointless and unfun solo.