Wait, Etoile can't use Techs?!

Sizustar
Oct 4, 2019, 09:50 PM
Wait, Etoile can't use Techs?!

No tech, but get bonus when using mates type healing item

Sgt. Sharina Wize
Oct 4, 2019, 10:34 PM
No tech, but get bonus when using mates type healing item

Just when I thought this class wasn't strange enough that it doesn't have a range weapon like the other advance classes have and now this.
Is this class just pure striking or something?

Sizustar
Oct 4, 2019, 10:57 PM
Just when I thought this class wasn't strange enough that it doesn't have a range weapon like the other advance classes have and now this.
Is this class just pure striking or something?

Support class with alot of weapon action

ArcaneTechs
Oct 4, 2019, 10:58 PM
dont know how to feel about the class yet until i see everything translated (waiting on for bumped) but the reliance on Mates for healing is a major turn off for me but its not like Life Steal and Sturdy Recover doesn't fix this issue

interesting for the Guard Actions though:

Double Saber - Deflect
Dual Blade - Parry
Wand - Protect

too early to say but my bet is on DB's being the top DPS of the 3.

The subclass has some nice utilities though
-Damage Balancer
-Flat Attack Bonus
-Standing Massive
-Same Arts PP Save
-Etoile HP Restorate

I'll update the class thread once the info is translated out sometime tomorrow, maybe tonights stream will shed more light

Terrence
Oct 5, 2019, 12:28 AM
Recast Save - Reduce the Recast Times of Party Members’ Class Skills (Main Class).
Around Mate Up - Enhance the recovery effects of items used by all members on the field (Main Class).
Wand Teleport - If you press and release the weapon action, you’ll move based on the directional input and attack (Main Class).

Those seem to be wonderful support and moving skills. :-o I can't wait to test them all...
The lack of Technics hurts me hard, though. I hope the PSO2 Station will stimulate me !

final_attack
Oct 5, 2019, 02:42 AM
My ..... if it's a defense focus class, I'd look forward into it (as Gu's sub tho) .....
I wonder if it can be used as Hu alternative .... depends on how much attack power it gives too, ofc.

Kondibon
Oct 5, 2019, 05:19 AM
Reading the descriptions of the non-mainclass skills makes it sound like it'll actually be a really good sub for Ra of all things depending on how the numbers work out. Ra relies so much on hyper armor and staying still to maximize its damage, Standing Massive is built for that. Not to mention the other bulk you'd get.

cheapgunner
Oct 5, 2019, 06:28 AM
I expect their signature 14/15* weapons to have longer guard frames/animations and/pr hp/pp regen shenanigans. A defense-support class would be well received alongside phantom in UH.

NightlightPro
Oct 5, 2019, 07:51 AM
so ya can use utility weapons such as eclucio & haku senjou?

XrosBlader821
Oct 5, 2019, 02:59 PM
Ra/Et gives me the same vibes i had with Te/Ph a year ago. The only thing that can't suck now are the multipliers.

HardBoiledPapa
Oct 5, 2019, 10:05 PM
Thank God the ET mag converts your mag's total atk into an all atk and not like that stupid PH mag.

Kondibon
Oct 5, 2019, 10:20 PM
Thank God the ET mag converts your mag's total atk into an all atk and not like that stupid PH mag.Ph mag is fine, what are you talking about?

Saelix
Oct 5, 2019, 10:25 PM
Ph mag is fine, what are you talking about?

It's REALLY easy to guess they don't like the Dex Scaling on it.

HardBoiledPapa
Oct 5, 2019, 10:40 PM
Ph mag is fine, what are you talking about?
Well fine for you but not for me who doesn't have a Dex mag and stuck to only using 1 weapon for PH. I'm pretty much 5 ratk short from using an atlas ex rifle and didn't even bother with the LS rifle too. Oh well at least I got a spare LS for ET this time.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 5, 2019, 11:51 PM
Buy an extra mag then

HardBoiledPapa
Oct 6, 2019, 12:08 AM
Buy an extra mag then

Not gonna even bother and I just suck it up and settle with 1 weapon instead or hope if we got lvl95 cap the stat increase is enough to equip some of the future 15stars. Well at least this time for ET I don't have to worry about the mag anymore.

XrosBlader821
Oct 6, 2019, 12:33 AM
Phantom mag is Dex because there are lots of katanas that have minimum dex requirement. Its not a big deal that it requires dex (Braver mag requires dex too). Would be silly otherwise.

Dark Mits
Oct 6, 2019, 04:02 AM
I thought that 90/90 characters had enough stats to equip absolutely everything in the game. That is with 0 skillpoints invested, unequipped mag and 0 stat bonuses from levelling classes to 75.

On topic: I felt this was a missed opportunity, given that ET seems to be defense-oriented, to have its mag also be focused on the defensive stats, and have many of its support abilities scale with defenses as well (for example larger cooldown on abilities based on DEF, i-frames scaling with DEF, etc.)

Meteor Weapon
Oct 6, 2019, 06:33 AM
90/90 Br/Hu cant even equip Genon Bow due to lack of certain stats lmao

Zorak000
Oct 6, 2019, 10:44 AM
I know I cant equip my austere nt talis on my fcast hero if I equip my dex mag, so I just stuck to using the nemesis shield potential when I made a full set of hero austere NTs when they came out.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 6, 2019, 03:09 PM

Genon series are super garbage though outside utility PP SSA's

Great Pan
Oct 6, 2019, 07:28 PM
Eh, DEFENSE? PARRYING? SUPPORT ORIENT? THIS CLASS SUCK BAWS!

Gonna stay with Hero, MUH DEEPS!

milranduil
Oct 6, 2019, 07:44 PM

sounds like you're missing class bonus.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 6, 2019, 09:25 PM
sounds like you're missing class bonus.

I have all class lv75 and above except Summoner, cuz fuck summoner.

red1228
Oct 6, 2019, 09:40 PM

Having SUmmoner at Lv75+ on your account provides another 40 All-Defense and 10 HP.
Genon 15* weapons use Defense as their Equip Requirements.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 6, 2019, 11:29 PM
Eh, DEFENSE? PARRYING? SUPPORT ORIENT? THIS CLASS SUCK BAWS!

Gonna stay with Hero, MUH DEEPS!

i know you're meme'ing because you do this a lot but you and a bunch of other people who play this game need to get out of the mentality that Hero is still this god class that it was for good while during Ep5, even with the extra's its getting its still not god like

Kondibon
Oct 6, 2019, 11:41 PM

You can get classes you don't like to 75 by using all class weapons and a subclass and nothing but bonus keys.

Dark Mits
Oct 7, 2019, 12:14 AM
You can get classes you don't like to 75 by using all class weapons and a subclass and nothing but bonus keys.Wasn't subclass up to 70 though? Even then, going to 75 is just 3-4 Tokyo Gold keys without maxxed exp bonuses (maybe just 2 with them?)

XrosBlader821
Oct 7, 2019, 12:41 AM
Wasn't subclass up to 70 though? Even then, going to 75 is just 3-4 Tokyo Gold keys without maxxed exp bonuses (maybe just 2 with them?)

I think he meant a Subclass you like playing + Allclass weapon of that class.
For example Allclass TMG on Su/Gu

Dark Mits
Oct 7, 2019, 01:08 AM
Ah that makes sense.

...why didn't I think of that when levelling all those classes... Even Gunslash would suffice.

Sizustar
Oct 9, 2019, 02:01 AM
One of my friend got to attend the Etoile event and has shared some more thought on what he got to try and what was told at the event.

Recast save CD is 10%, it affect all party member, but it has no effect on Etoile skill
Damage balancer reduce not just tech recovery to 1, it also affect Affix and SOP

The above and below can be changed with release, but is just how it is at this open test

Regarding all the weapon and gear
Each weapon have their own gear(DB Gear, DS Gear, Wand Gear)
And each weapon have different defense skill

DS thought
-Can only gain gear by attacking enemy
-If gear has more then one, if you get hit, one gear will be consumed to reduce damage
- Can hold normal attack for longer to consume 1 gear to increase damage,
- Test was with Novel DS on UH monster, damage is about 160k wide area attack
Defense, you can can defend and move
When defending, if you click weapon action, you will guard and do (A) attack, if attack again, will be (B) and repeat
Quick take - When doing attack with quick take, will gain invulnuerbility frame and move in quick
DS PA frame is long, if use PA while not moving, PA will start with it's later half action

DB
- Can only gain gear by attack enemy
- Weapon action can summon blades to protect selve, most tester feel this is strong, since you can use it when attack, or moving, or even during PA
- If use during step, will shoot out the blade
If use weapon action during Edge, will cost 1 gear to do a wide arrea attack, if use weapon action again, will consume 1 gear to summon a big blade for a front area attack

Wand
Can earn gear from attacking enemy, moving or Defend.
weapon action is protect, holding it will cost gear to increase JustGuard,
If one full gear, and hold to 1 charge, after release will teleport and shoot out a range attack
If hold to 2~3 charge and release will cost gear to do special move

Wand speciality is something called Focus, if you use any of the 4 PA and use weapon action at specific time(Like PH white circle will apear) PA will become Focus PA, area decrease, but damage increase.

Personal thought
Harder to figure out then PH, each of the weaon is different and that's not even getting into the PA
Each of the individual weapon feel really complete, and you can specialize on one weapon unlike PH, he doesn't use DB, but he played Wand and DS< and feel both are good.

Pro
- Very solid, is slightly squisher then a SU, if you're good at guarding, it'll be the strongest shield.
- A good variety of support skill, Over Drive solve most party problem.
Each weapon is unique and can become main weapon, so you don't have to specialize all 3
Only need S-atk, even Wand has a skill.
Each of the defense action is different and unique

Con
Hard to figure ou in the beginning, he recomend focus on learning one weaon at a time
Can't use Tech, But not a big loss, Et don't need tech
Need party to maximize support skill to full potentional
No Tech, and no Debuff, so can't give enemy status ailment.

His "score"

Damage 7.5/10
Area of effect 7/10(PH area of effect is just too big, so if you're used to it, you'll feel weird to get use to less)
Defense 10/10
Support 9/0 - Different from TE< both supposrt in different wey
Difficulity 10/10, recomend to focus on one weapon, and learn to defend instead of dodging attack.

XrosBlader821
Oct 9, 2019, 03:54 AM
Te and Et are Super Wand Bros
Only thing I need to know is if Et can reduce Compound CD as well.

final_attack
Oct 9, 2019, 04:46 AM
Damage balancer reduce not just tech recovery to 1, it also affect Affix and SOP.

Btw, how much damage reduction it gives (Damage Balancer)? Does he have the numbers?
That tech recovery to 1, I assume it's Resta / tick? .... does it include Megiverse?

Also, is there an info regarding damage bonus it gives (JA Bonus, it's the only damage bonus (other than Flat) and sub-class-able, right)? Amount of % maybe?

Thank you very much ^^

XrosBlader821
Oct 9, 2019, 05:23 AM
Btw, how much damage reduction it gives (Damage Balancer)? Does he have the numbers?
That tech recovery to 1, I assume it's Resta / tick? .... does it include Megiverse?

70% Damage reduction
and Yeah this includes Megiverse, Weapon potentials (Ultimate Chain's Vamp) & Affixes (S2 sturdy recovery, S4 Vampiric strike and other passive HP recovery effects). Apparently Summoners R/ HP Restore is also reduced to 1
Basically you have to drink mate to heal or just get good at Etoiles Weapon action. Since this is a subclass-able skill it'll be interesting.

final_attack
Oct 9, 2019, 06:52 AM
70% Damage reduction
and Yeah this includes Megiverse, Weapon potentials (Ultimate Chain's Vamp) & Affixes (S2 sturdy recovery, S4 Vampiric strike and other passive HP recovery effects). Apparently Summoners R/ HP Restore is also reduced to 1
Basically you have to drink mate to heal or just get good at Etoiles Weapon action. Since this is a subclass-able skill it'll be interesting.

Ah, I see ..... thanks!
I wonder how tanky HuEt (2x FlashGuards, MH, GuardStance) will be :lol:

Oh, and yes, I do plan to use it as Gu's sub.
If it's reduced to 1, BulletSquall in a mobbing situation will still heals nicely, I think.

Now only need amount of damage gained :D

Shear
Oct 9, 2019, 07:03 AM
70% Damage reduction
... wait what? As in you only receive 30% Damage? I know losing all those Regen skills hurts but this is actually quite a lot. On a side note does it also affects the Etoile's own HP Regen from his skill? I assume so.
On another side note this might be even more valuable if we get a hand on that S-Ability from units that gives you Invulnerabilty while chugging down a Mate.

DavidAG
Oct 9, 2019, 07:11 AM
70% Damage reduction

So lifesteal and Su's HP Regen won't work and mates fully work? Also Et itself has an HP Regen skill right? Is that one reduced too?

Dark Mits
Oct 9, 2019, 08:09 AM
On another side note this might be even more valuable if we get a hand on that S-Ability from units that gives you Invulnerabilty while chugging down a Mate.Most likely we will be using L/Mate Lovers and L/Atomizer Lovers to reduce risk when recovering HP. Which means that we will have 2 or 3 L-ring slots for offensive stuff. Current compound L-rings do not seem to benefit Etoile unless I miss something.

XrosBlader821
Oct 9, 2019, 08:34 AM
We don't know if the specifics yet.
Etoile HP Restore only heals 2.5% every 5s. Only 1/3rd of what summoners version does. If it is influenced by Damage balancer its safe to assume it would restore 7.5% HP without it.

Ofc Damage Balancer is just a product of Sega not increasing our HP and DEF pools proportionally with our ATK stat. Stuff like Resta and Megiverse and Vamp potentials wouldn't be op if we weren't stuck at 1000-ish HP for half a decade.

GHNeko
Oct 9, 2019, 04:45 PM
damage balance SOUNDS LIKE FUN

FiEt LETS GO

Sizustar
Oct 9, 2019, 05:18 PM
PA combo that people that have tried Etoile recomend

DS
PA1 to Any attack(General usage)
PA 2 skip PA1(High damage area attack)
PA3 to PA4(Aerial attack can be use during jump or falling)

High level combo
PA 4 first half, PA 4 first hal then normal attack

Dual Blade
PA 2 to PA 1(Useful for closing distance)
PA 3 to various attack(Attack on high enemy)
PA 4 to lock-on normal attack(Mediam distance to close distance combo)

Wand
Long press PA1 to various attack(Can be use to close inenemy
PA 3 to various attack(Gather enemy to damage them)
PA 2 to PA 3(PA 2 once rise, can be repeated with PA3)
PA 2 to PA 4(Once has height shoot PA 4)

How overdrive work currently
Full recovery of HP/PP of party member and increase max PP by 50 for 20 second
Can't be used inthe beginning, but can be used 180 second, and as long as one stock can be used again.(Max of 2 stock)

Anduril
Oct 9, 2019, 06:07 PM
Is there a release date? Or just winter.

Right now just Winter; just like with Phantom, it looks like they are going to do some player testing at events first to fine-tune it before giving an official date.

Terrence
Oct 9, 2019, 08:43 PM
Do we already know if Damage Balancer is a skill activated by default or if players can choose to take it or drop it ?

GHNeko
Oct 9, 2019, 08:58 PM
Do we already know if Damage Balancer is a skill activated by default or if players can choose to take it or drop it ?

to my understanding its a subclassable skill meaning you dont have to take it and if you do it's a passive that's generally always on

XrosBlader821
Oct 10, 2019, 02:40 AM
Also hard to tell if its a pre-learned skill but i doubt it'll be one.
Yeah, so far it looks like Ra/Et and Fi/Et gonna be fun to try out.

Dark Mits
Oct 10, 2019, 03:10 AM
Damage Balancer seems to have heavy gameplay implications, so it makes more sense to be a skill that is activated or deactivated on demand, like a stance. It's because it isn't just a bonus to something, but it also brings negatives which are too important to require relearning all skills from scratch.

However being able to activate and deactivate freely also seems to make it extremely overpowering, because we could then deactivate it to recover, then reactivate. So maybe it gets an internal cooldown to prevent this?

XrosBlader821
Oct 10, 2019, 03:48 AM
Damage Balancer seems to have heavy gameplay implications, so it makes more sense to be a skill that is activated or deactivated on demand, like a stance. It's because it isn't just a bonus to something, but it also brings negatives which are too important to require relearning all skills from scratch.

However being able to activate and deactivate freely also seems to make it extremely overpowering, because we could then deactivate it to recover, then reactivate. So maybe it gets an internal cooldown to prevent this?

it is a passive ability. You can easily tell what skill is active and what is passive. A passive ability has a dark background on its icon, a Active ability has a bright background.
For example: Damage Balancer Icon vs Massive Hunter Icon.
https://pso2roboarks.jp/wp-content/uploads/sutandexingumassibu.pnghttp://arks-layer.com/skillsim/img/icon/skill_hunter-a_0006.png