PDA

View Full Version : Xbox PSO2 What should we expect .... and any good tips.

Lakmir
Nov 24, 2019, 06:26 PM
Hi
As the title says ... with the upcoming release to console what are we getting into and what tips do you have for us.

I played PSU till the day it ended and loved every second even if all most did was White Beast.

What I want to know is does PSO2 hold a candle to PSU, what is the free game catch and what are some things you know now and wish you did when you first started.

Thanks in advance guardians

XrosBlader821
Nov 24, 2019, 06:31 PM
The catch is:
Pay for convenience & Fashion

What I wish I knew when i first started:
Mags have to be pure for one stat, spreading out has no benefits and only brings negatives.

Flaoc
Nov 24, 2019, 06:33 PM
just play the jp version

ArcaneTechs
Nov 24, 2019, 07:34 PM
im tempted to make an Xbox PSO2 general thread or if someone else can do it and manage it just to avoid more threads about the Eng release of the game so that people can refer to that. Nothing against you Lakmir but its so the influx of people who will eventually come in can refer to that (even though they'll make new threads anyways).

The only tips I can offer are:
-actually LEARN your main class and do proper tree builds (but muh niche play)
-take the time and learn to affix, yes we all know what a pain it can be but learning it yourself through the affix simulator will yield lots of benefits. it's not an extremely difficult thing to learn like everyone likes to make it out to be
-Don't be a shitty Hero who mains TMG's 24/7 and spams BNS on literally everything, a niche Te/Ra brings more to the table than you

just play the jp version

consider this instead of waiting for months to try the game out and to avoid a million questions asked about it

Zulastar
Nov 24, 2019, 07:49 PM
just play the jp version

100% true!

And there can't be no tips really 'cause nobody knows which game it'll be compared to this.

Kondibon
Nov 24, 2019, 11:58 PM
I don't feel like there's any reason to have any NA specific threads until we actually know what the differences actually are. The same goes for that other thread. There just isn't enough NA specific information to talk about to keep a thread like this active and on topic the entire time.

otakun
Nov 25, 2019, 02:44 AM
Is there even any new info out about the NA release? or still just announced only?

Sizustar
Nov 25, 2019, 03:11 AM
Is there even any new info out about the NA release? or still just announced only?

No other info has been released by Microsoft or Sega as far as I know.

landman
Nov 25, 2019, 04:47 AM
My tip is level every class in one single character, but for that you need to spend money in extra MAGs. And expand that character carrying storage form 50 to 150, that requires money too. Reasons: advanced classes require some classes you may not use on a "main tech" or "main melee", also managing your PA and Tech Discs is easier with a single character. Doing inventory sucked in PSU, and sucks in pso2, having extra capacity let's you think less in it, carry more weapons for different classes all the time, carry extra clothes, hoard more rare weapons in EQ before having to send them to storage, etc

oratank
Nov 25, 2019, 05:08 AM
budget tip better buy new character than buy expand storage ticket
500yen for 350 space vs 350yen for 10 space

Zulastar
Nov 25, 2019, 10:11 AM
No other info has been released by Microsoft or Sega as far as I know.

It'll be on XBox and cloud-based client, that's all I know.

My tip is level every class in one single character, but for that you need to spend money in extra MAGs. And expand that character carrying storage form 50 to 150, that requires money too. Reasons: advanced classes require some classes you may not use on a "main tech" or "main melee", also managing your PA and Tech Discs is easier with a single character. Doing inventory sucked in PSU, and sucks in pso2, having extra capacity let's you think less in it, carry more weapons for different classes all the time, carry extra clothes, hoard more rare weapons in EQ before having to send them to storage, etc

There's still unknown how'll be distributed AC things, which classes will be unlocked on start, and many important things they can change in western release.

Newcomers don't need more characters than free slots aviable. And yes in JP version is cheaper to store things on differrent characters, than buy a bank expansions, but all expirienced MMO players can figure this by themselves.

jooozek
Nov 25, 2019, 11:43 AM
It'll be on XBox and cloud-based client, that's all I know.

citation neeeded

the_importer_
Nov 25, 2019, 01:39 PM
Xbox PSO2 What should we expect

Well, if we go by the anime, Falz Spaws and Dark Falz Gemini :(

Zorak000
Nov 25, 2019, 02:30 PM
the utter silence after the initial announcement has left me wondering if there's anything to expect at all right now haha...

Anduril
Nov 25, 2019, 03:20 PM
I imagine that the only updates we are going to get will be closer to Spring 2020 since this seems like it is mostly stuff that isn't going to be a big spectacle to announce, just stuff like translated scripts, creating the port for XBoxOne, figuring out licensing (since they did promise "everything" I imagine that they might try to make sure that at least some collab items are available), figuring out cross-platform connectivity (seeing how that has been a sticking point lately with a little under a dozen games having full XBox+PS4+Switch+PC cross platform play), and of course financial meetings to hammer out monetization.
They probably want to hold off on announcing anything related to monetization and any changes that need to be made because of what system they are going to use until much later to avoid any potential backlash relating to it killing interest in the game when it is still months away from their release window.
Can you just imagine what would happen if they pulled some bullshit like the AsiaSoft version where costumes were account locked and gave boosts.

landman
Nov 25, 2019, 04:45 PM
Get those too of course (login in and login out and login in and login out to manage your items is no big deal after all), but having 150 item slots around really improves a lot of situations. BTW the price was raised some years ago, I can't remember how much it was before, and we don't know how much it will be in the xbox server.

Tymek
Nov 26, 2019, 04:01 AM
citation neeeded

They did an interview on why they decided to partner up with microsoft: https://www.gamebusiness.jp/article/2019/07/22/15987.html
Oh dear

It is indeed a nice citation, isn't it?
All jokes aside, edit:
Yeah, I really don't believe that the game will be on a "cloud-based client" earlier.
[SPOILER]I'm too embarrassed to admit that I accidentally posted the post too early and that I was going to say something after the "Oh dear" but at this point do not remember what I was going to say. ^^;[/SPOILER-BOX]

jooozek
Nov 26, 2019, 07:41 AM
Oh dear

not a single mention the game will be streamed, nice citation

Arada
Nov 26, 2019, 09:36 AM
not a single mention the game will be streamed, nice citation

There's a "Powered by Azure" on the top right of the west logo.
Azure is the name of Microsoft's cloud services.

jooozek
Nov 26, 2019, 09:42 AM
There's a "Powered by Azure" on the top right of the west logo.
Azure is the name of Microsoft's cloud services.

and what has that to do anything with "cloud client"? they are talking in that interview about transition from their own data centre to azure, nothing about streaming

ArcaneTechs
Nov 26, 2019, 01:34 PM
and what has that to do anything with "cloud client"? they are talking in that interview about transition from their own data centre to azure, nothing about streaming

Its almost implied that theyll use that service, even if they dont, they may use Cloud on the Switch for the West and even if they dont do those, who cares, just download the game

Anduril
Nov 26, 2019, 01:59 PM
Also, the current JP PC client does have a cloud version.

Zorak000
Nov 26, 2019, 03:24 PM
the article sounds like it says they were primarily looking to move the game servers, even the JP servers, onto Azure; the cloud clients were more of a side benefit. They looked into AWS and Google Cloud, but microsoft showed up looking for something they could use to get Azure on the map. They went with Microsoft because they knew they could also help them expand PSO2 onto xbox platforms too.

I mean it could probably mean the end to no-maintence-week server instability heh

the article sounded like at that point they had conducted a number of tests; both with pso2 servers on Azure, and possibly PSO2 NA?

Sirius-91
Nov 26, 2019, 03:27 PM
Azure is a cloud server service. It does not mean that the game will be streamed.

Highly suggest that all of you look into what cloud computing is before spouting some BS that they'll stream the game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_computing

Zorak000
Nov 26, 2019, 03:32 PM
yeah like, putting the actual BACKEND SERVERS on the cloud would probably be a really good idea; that's what it sounds like they were interested in moreso than cloud clients

landman
Nov 26, 2019, 03:51 PM
Given the tendency of western servers to be hacked to ruin, I'm not sure it would be a terrible idea to make a cloud streaming only client, if that where to happen to pso2 or any other MMO in the future.

Zorak000
Nov 26, 2019, 04:29 PM
getting some feedback from somebody that doesn't have to use google translate to read the article, there's a bit that sounds like:

"Microsoft really helped us out on the culture front too cause we assumed American players would probably be fine with our play-to-win structure but they're so used to pay-to-win they'd probably get mad if they spent money and then didn't get stronger from it"

aaaand there's the red flag (the article also only seems to say "american servers", no mention of Europe)

Flatflyer
Nov 26, 2019, 05:05 PM
"Microsoft really helped us out on the culture front too cause we assumed American players would probably be fine with our play-to-win structure but they're so used to pay-to-win they'd probably get mad if they spent money and then didn't get stronger from it"

aaaand there's the red flag
oh no
oh no.

why do they think this is the mentality that we have? only a few people do but I guess those whales speak louder to them than the rest of us.

So much for my interest in the NA version, making it P2W is absolutely going to kill any interest in it for me.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 26, 2019, 05:13 PM
getting some feedback from somebody that doesn't have to use google translate to read the article, there's a bit that sounds like:

aaaand there's the red flag (the article also only seems to say "american servers", no mention of Europe)

All they need to do is keep the same exact structure as JP, dont change anything and naturally people will bitch no matter what but we dont want the SEA treatment to happen either

Dark Mits
Nov 27, 2019, 03:25 AM
"Microsoft really helped us out on the culture front too cause we assumed American players would probably be fine with our play-to-win structure but they're so used to pay-to-win they'd probably get mad if they spent money and then didn't get stronger from it"What the actual ****? The Sega representative outright said that (the majority of) US players prefer pay2win over play2win? Did they also imply that they will change the game to ensure that pay2win exists to please the majority?

If the translated part above is really true, it is a direct insult to gamers! If you said something like this a decade ago, you would get instantly fired without a memo and blocked from ever working in the industry again!

Also who said pay2win doesn't exist? Just because spending <insert amount> doesn't correspond to direct <reward>, it doesn't mean that players who do support the game with AC do not enjoy a relatively better gaming experience than the rest of us leechers. Larger inventory, more character slots, the chance of getting Add Ability tickets instead of having to fork over tens of millions of meseta etc. are QoL that save a lot of time and trouble.

Or are they going to implement full "direct comparison to other players" features to satisfy the people who want to be able to boast about the amount of money they spend in the game? (for example higher priority on model loading on clients of other players, bypassing filters like hiding accessories on other players, or even dps meters!)

Yes, I'm going full mental and tinfoil hat, but I can't believe that a game developer would say that they will implement pay2win because of player culture!

landman
Nov 27, 2019, 04:18 AM
Someone from one country thinks people from another country do things a certain way, nothing new, I mean, we have seen westerners represented in anime, right?...

otakun
Nov 27, 2019, 07:10 AM
Someone from one country thinks people from another country do things a certain way, nothing new, I mean, we have seen westerners represented in anime, right?...

Well, there was the one anime that had Nostalgia Critic and the Angry Video Game Nerd as background characters. ^^

huck
Nov 27, 2019, 07:37 AM
Just ordered my XBOX during the Black Friday sale. Probably won't open it until Spring 2020. But at least I'm ready for Day 1!

NightfallG
Nov 27, 2019, 08:55 AM
Yes, I'm going full mental and tinfoil hat, but I can't believe that a game developer would say that they will implement pay2win because of player culture!

the way to read this is as regret that they can't throw it in the current JP version without losing their player base. it's all spin. if it's in earnest, it means they're only paying attention to the popularity of gacha mobage.

RedRaz0r
Nov 27, 2019, 09:34 PM
Hate to be that guy, but expect delays, lack of information, and a possible cancellation (which wont be announced, they'll just stay silent)

Long live SEGAC

Meteor Weapon
Nov 27, 2019, 10:33 PM
Just ordered my XBOX during the Black Friday sale. Probably won't open it until Spring 2020. But at least I'm ready for Day 1!

the game is playable on PC fyi

huck
Nov 28, 2019, 11:32 AM
the game is playable on PC fyi

I play on JP server already... I'm just leaving for NA when the game comes out.

Tymek
Nov 28, 2019, 01:09 PM
I play on JP server already... I'm just leaving for NA when the game comes out.

He's saying that the game is coming to both Xbox One and Windows PC when it launches in NA.

huck
Nov 28, 2019, 02:35 PM
He's saying that the game is coming to both Xbox One and Windows PC when it launches in NA.

Oh well you already know I prefer console

Tymek
Nov 28, 2019, 05:35 PM
Oh well you already know I prefer console

That I do.

Anyways, let's hope we get more information soon! I wonder if we're going to get English voice acting, though I highly doubt it.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 28, 2019, 05:59 PM
Hate to be that guy, but expect delays, lack of information, and a possible cancellation (which wont be announced, they'll just stay silent)

Long live SEGAC

Curve your enthusiasm, i know you yearn for the PSU treatment from back in the day but we dont even know who or how theyre going to handle the content this time around but i also dont doubt that this could happen after a period of time. SoA starts off good then slowly drifts into delay after delay and we're (you guys) now behind a year worth of content

Look forward to "unique" weapons and missing model data that they tried to pass off like in PSU and you had the drones defending SoA about the whole thing. Pretty pathetic time

Also watch them "barrow" whats been translated in the Eng patch and all they have to do is patch up the remaining spots that arent translated and go over whats already there and as far as i like to think, i dont believe the translation team can do anything about it since this is Sega's IP. It'll be a real embarrassment to see if they literally just copy/pasted over to show how lazy theyre being and somehow anything the translation team has made gets into the official game, like their work becomes an official part of the game outside text translations

mother clusterfck
Nov 30, 2019, 12:43 PM
Playing all classes you do play on your main is he best way to do it because it gives access to a lot more builds (meta and experimental alike) than splitting up classes between characters. Also, this way you have to level each class only once but if you for example do melee on one character and ranged on another both need to max hunter and for some builds you even need fighter (e.g. GuFi) and maybe also phantom.
Also, if you play more than one character keeping up daily triboost is a pain and it makes a notable difference.

Technically that means you need 4 mags on your main (~11$) one per attack and one pure dex for phantom and braver (not much casting for damage on bouncer and you can easily make boots scale off s-atk so not needed).
You should probably start playing classes that require only a single mag (e.g. only melee or only ranged or only casting) and if you like the game enough add another mag for an additional category of classes each time you want to try something new.
Hero converts all atk to all-atk, i.e. any pure attack mag regardless of distribution will result in full s / r / t atk.

Make 2 new characters as early as possible and the only thing you need to care about is race and gender, though only for looks cause stats are so similar for everyone that it doesn't matter.
Since you get all tree resets per character, even at lvl 1 they can help, not to mention you can send them to gather, etc. and get a good amount of money per week per character even starting lvl 1 with arks missions (luckily tas are no longer needed).
And at lvl 5 iirc they can make a support partner which you can send out to gather some quest items for exp / money client orders.

You can buy a ton of gear in the player shop that's cheap and op early on.

skill simulator (https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php)
affix simulator (http://arks-layer.com/abilitysim/)

For a ton of info:
https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Main_Page

For even more and even more up to date info:
google translated Japanese swiki (https://translate.google.com/translate?source=osdd&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fpso2.swiki.jp%2F)
The main info you want from this are numbers (language is irrelevant) and weapon potential / SSA translations which google very rarely butchers so much you can't understand them, so without knowing any Japanese you can get a lot out of this site if Visiphone doesn't have the info, but it gets updated pretty frequently.

Login every day, quickly make a fashion catalog entry (how it looks is irrelevant) and like other fashion catalogs 10 times a day for quick and easy FUN which you can use for FUN scratch for some neat items (and 3 day shop passes which later on become the by far best source of money, but onyl if you got any decent stuff for sale).
Also people tend to like your fashion catalog entry back if you like theirs, leading to relatively fast accumulation of likes regardless of your entry looking good or not. You get titles for up 2000 likes and they give Star gems which you can use for some nice stuff as well.
Keeping these things up means by the time you want to use these resources you will have a good amount and won't have to wait a good while before you can do so.
Before you have a bunch of stuff they go for a few hundred k or more in the shop you should not use any shop passes, just keep them until it's work using them.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 30, 2019, 01:05 PM
Technically that means you need 4 mags on your main (~11$) one per attack and one pure dex for phantom and braver (not much casting for damage on bouncer and you can easily make boots scale off s-atk so not needed).
You should probably start playing classes that require only a single mag (e.g. only melee or only ranged or only casting) and if you like the game enough add another mag for an additional category of classes each time you want to try something new.
Hero converts all atk to all-atk, i.e. any pure attack mag regardless of distribution will result in full s / r / t atk.

Bouncer benefits from Dex mags, why would you opt for pure S atk over it when the skill does the exact same thing as Ph and Br? Even the 200 Dex will at least shorten the variance up a bit

Bo 200 Dex = 200 S/T atk
Br 200 Dex = 200 S/R atk
Ph 200 Dex = S/R/T atk

Anduril
Nov 30, 2019, 01:56 PM
Bouncer benefits from Dex mags, why would you opt for pure S atk over it when the skill does the exact same thing as Ph and Br? Even the 200 Dex will at least shorten the variance up a bit

Bo 200 Dex = 200 S/T atk
Br 200 Dex = 200 S/R atk
Ph 200 Dex = S/R/T atk

Add to that the Mag Skills stack, so a Bo/Ph (which is a great combo) with a 200 DEX Mag gets 400 S-/T-ATK as opposed to just 200 S-ATK with a pure S-ATK Mag.

RedRaz0r
Dec 4, 2019, 02:23 PM
Curve your enthusiasm, i know you yearn for the PSU treatment from back in the day but we dont even know who or how theyre going to handle the content this time around but i also dont doubt that this could happen after a period of time. SoA starts off good then slowly drifts into delay after delay and we're (you guys) now behind a year worth of content

Look forward to "unique" weapons and missing model data that they tried to pass off like in PSU and you had the drones defending SoA about the whole thing. Pretty pathetic time

Also watch them "barrow" whats been translated in the Eng patch and all they have to do is patch up the remaining spots that arent translated and go over whats already there and as far as i like to think, i dont believe the translation team can do anything about it since this is Sega's IP. It'll be a real embarrassment to see if they literally just copy/pasted over to show how lazy theyre being and somehow anything the translation team has made gets into the official game, like their work becomes an official part of the game outside text translations

I believe the saying is "curb your enthusiasm"

The fact that we dont know anything about the game other than that it's supposed to come out next year raises a ton of red flags. And not just because of PSU, but because of the earlier supposed release of PSO2 in US from 2013 that never happened. No word or notice or cancellation, it just never happened. I hope it doesnt happen again, but my expectations are low.

Zorak000
Dec 4, 2019, 03:55 PM
the article also talks about them moving the Japanese game servers from their in-house machines to Microsoft Azure; and while the article says they had some good tests with it at that point, I don't think they've done it with the live servers yet. I think I wanna wait for them to announce a new pso2 roadmap (which oughta be soon, we've been finished with the previous roadmap for a good month or two now I think) before I start speculating, but if they dont mention anything about migrating to a new server structure by oh say, June idk lol, then it can be safe to say the entire deal fell through lmao

ArcaneTechs
Dec 4, 2019, 04:27 PM
I believe the saying is "curb your enthusiasm"

The fact that we dont know anything about the game other than that it's supposed to come out next year raises a ton of red flags. And not just because of PSU, but because of the earlier supposed release of PSO2 in US from 2013 that never happened. No word or notice or cancellation, it just never happened. I hope it doesnt happen again, but my expectations are low.

Obvious flags we know already

Alexandrious12
Dec 6, 2019, 12:28 PM
just play the jp version

I like full translations though.

MikonX
Dec 6, 2019, 03:26 PM
And everything except for some minor NPC dialogue and non-critical story scenes ARE translated.

Alexandrious12
Dec 6, 2019, 05:04 PM
And everything except for some minor NPC dialogue and non-critical story scenes ARE translated.

Yeeeaa I prefer full translation. Not 80 percent translation with alot of tutorials also not translated. Thanks though.

huck
Dec 7, 2019, 08:10 AM
Its about 90%+ I think. But I play on PS4 mostly only log on PC to read the English. I'd recommend trying it on PC or PS4 to see if you like it. There isn't a release date currently.

I'll be there on day 1 though already bought a Xbox but for now I just use the controller to play on PSU private server

Alexandrious12
Dec 7, 2019, 11:58 AM
Its about 90%+ I think. But I play on PS4 mostly only log on PC to read the English. I'd recommend trying it on PC or PS4 to see if you like it. There isn't a release date currently.

I'll be there on day 1 though already bought a Xbox but for now I just use the controller to play on PSU private server
Sadly now theirs a chance of pay 2 win being in our version.

RIP

Meteor Weapon
Dec 7, 2019, 12:38 PM
Tell Sega that going full P2W is a bad decision, there's a reason why JP's or foreigners like PSO2 and that its free from heavy p2w bullshit.

Alexandrious12
Dec 7, 2019, 06:33 PM
Tell Sega that going full P2W is a bad decision, there's a reason why JP's or foreigners like PSO2 and that its free from heavy p2w bullshit.

We been telling Sega they done bad for decades mate. Their response?

More Sonic games.

Lulz

Dark Mits
Dec 8, 2019, 05:52 AM
We been telling Sega they done bad for decades mate. Their response?

More Sonic games.

LulzSince Generations, we're getting 1 main Sonic game per 2 years... Mania+Forces was an exception.

milranduil
Dec 8, 2019, 06:50 AM
Yeeeaa I prefer full translation. Not 80 percent translation with alot of tutorials also not translated. Thanks though.

The vast majority of the game is already translated. You would be prone to asking people for help for most of the content that has tutorials anyway regardless of translation status since it's easier for people to show relevant examples (e.g. affixing, grinding, etc.). The game is painless to install with tweaker these days, you really don't need to do anything to enjoy an almost all english version of the game right now...

jooozek
Dec 8, 2019, 05:47 PM
just don't complain when nothing of collab stuff makes it over to west and the game collapses after a year

ArcaneTechs
Dec 8, 2019, 06:49 PM
just don't complain when nothing of collab stuff makes it over to west and the game collapses after a year

thats okay, i'll wait another 20yrs for PSO3 to come to the West :)

r00tabaga
Dec 24, 2019, 07:59 AM
Twitter just released a 2nd teaser for NA. “Which planet will you go first”
I’m obviously excited and part of that is actually being able to start over new. It should feel different as there will be no level 90s running around. Just low level and even playing field. I remember the early days of PSU. It was really fun when it first released. Played for ridiculous hours that 1st month. Embarrassing amount...lol

huck
Dec 24, 2019, 10:46 AM
Well I think alot of people will hit the cap in few days. I know I will

Also made a group page

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=538

Alexandrious12
Dec 24, 2019, 02:25 PM
Cant wait for pc.