PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Deciding on Affixes

kingdanny
Dec 8, 2019, 12:25 PM
Been away from PSO2 for a long time, I used to be decent with affixing. Making units/weapons I liked that didn't break the bank. But, now there's just so many new abilities, affix items, etc. I just don't know what to go for on my units. I mained Fi/Hu before and played Hr and Br/Hu pretty often. But, with this new Phantom class, and Etoile coming out, would all atk units be worth it or would I not lose much sticking to S-atk?
Not too thrilled at the idea of making a set for each atk type. My units had 5s Ether Factor, Elder Reverie, Power IV, Ares the Soul and Noble Power(Elegant is cheaper than Noble used to be now).

mother clusterfck
Dec 8, 2019, 02:44 PM
http://arks-layer.com/abilitysim/

kingdanny
Dec 8, 2019, 04:02 PM
http://arks-layer.com/abilitysim/
I've been messing around in there already. But I was hoping for some one else to share ideas.
[https://arks-layer.com/abilitysim/#!tjsVtGsiILGtKsZIJ2FsaxFEsbxFEsc2FrmsJxbGtE2FxRDx gNrmsKx2asLxbZsGZ2UsLrmsMVtDshxMHxlQtEsgIKrmsNxgVs n2KsKxgGtisVxbDsMGxlFxRE2FsjJIrmtf2WsIPGaJNH5axbE0 GDyFFxMF40xMK4lyJF4MywHyXHyEDx6DypFydF05P3RxbZ3gxb Z3vy7D2b1yU4GxbZ4azWG

ArcaneTechs
Dec 8, 2019, 06:48 PM
I've been messing around in there already. But I was hoping for some one else to share ideas.
[https://arks-layer.com/abilitysim/#!tjsVtGsiILGtKsZIJ2FsaxFEsbxFEsc2FrmsJxbGtE2FxRDx gNrmsKx2asLxbZsGZ2UsLrmsMVtDshxMHxlQtEsgIKrmsNxgVs n2KsKxgGtisVxbDsMGxlFxRE2FsjJIrmtf2WsIPGaJNH5axbE0 GDyFFxMF40xMK4lyJF4MywHyXHyEDx6DypFydF05P3RxbZ3gxb Z3vy7D2b1yU4GxbZ4azWG

make sure you wait for Liberate units to release first (well at least wait for the stats to come out) and dont waste meseta affixing garbo Schvelle units since those are entry 13* units.

Loveless62
Dec 8, 2019, 08:50 PM
Also check out the Malulleybovo Affixing Assistant: https://malulleybovo.github.io/PSO2AffixingAssistant/
It's a great place to start affix planning, although it looks like it could use an update (no Doom Break III, S6, S7, or S8 ).

make sure you wait for Liberate units to release first (well at least wait for the stats to come out) and dont waste meseta affixing garbo Schvelle units since those are entry 13* units.
I don't agree that Schvelle are garbo (pretty close to Lightstream units). It's not something you should pass up while you can still take advantage of the Road to Etoile campaign. I do agree that you should wait to see how well Liberate units turn out before making any real affixing attempts.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 9, 2019, 03:19 AM
Also check out the Malulleybovo Affixing Assistant: https://malulleybovo.github.io/PSO2AffixingAssistant/
It's a great place to start affix planning, although it looks like it could use an update (no Doom Break III, S6, S7, or S8 ).

I don't agree that Schvelle are garbo (pretty close to Lightstream units). It's not something you should pass up while you can still take advantage of the Road to Etoile campaign. I do agree that you should wait to see how well Liberate units turn out before making any real affixing attempts.

i already mentioned prior in old threads but i dont expect people to listen:

-Schvelle are entry 13* units, just like 12*s on release, they were easily replaced not too long by newly released units
-They're only appeal right now is S6-8 utility
-Lightstream are still good and by no means needed to be dropped since (again) Schvelle aren't exactly a huge power creep
-Liberate is on the way, best to wait and check before jumping to Schvelle
-Assume when the next Raid hits that it releases another 13* set that those will obviously power creep current gear

If people feel the need to jump to Schvelle for whatever reason, be my guest and jump to them but dont complain when Sega releases better

Shear
Dec 9, 2019, 05:04 AM
Agreed that if you have Lighstream there is right now very little reason to make the switch but I still suggest getting a Set of Schwelle through the Event. Even if you don't use them as Units you can use them to Transfer S-Abilities to your later 13* Units.

Loveless62
Dec 9, 2019, 12:33 PM
I think this is a decent affix. However, if you can push one more Doom Break II and one more Ex Act Soul into that formula, then you can make it into a 100% chance affix, and you would only need an Ability +40% instead of a +45%. This would mean no risk when a Grace Power involved: https://arks-layer.com/abilitysim/#!tjsVtGsiILGtEsgIKGtKsZIJ2FsaxFEsb2FrmsJxbH2FxRDx bOsKxbGtDshxbSsLxbGsZ2W2FxbPsMVxxFxbFy0OrmsNxbLsn2 F2bxgJrmtisVxWDsMyvGxWFtEsjJIrmtfsVaJN2wsIOH5LxbEz 0DyAFxMF4lxMK4Wx1EzCDxHF3rxHF3XyEDx6DyuF0PU3RxbZ3g xbZ3vy7D0gLxWF2Fsc1IFxbZ4azWG

You can also try to replace Doom Break II with Doom Break III for even better stats, if your budget supports it.

i already mentioned prior in old threads but i dont expect people to listen:

-Schvelle are entry 13* units, just like 12*s on release, they were easily replaced not too long by newly released units
-They're only appeal right now is S6-8 utility
-Lightstream are still good and by no means needed to be dropped since (again) Schvelle aren't exactly a huge power creep
-Liberate is on the way, best to wait and check before jumping to Schvelle
-Assume when the next Raid hits that it releases another 13* set that those will obviously power creep current gear

If people feel the need to jump to Schvelle for whatever reason, be my guest and jump to them but dont complain when Sega releases better
Are you seriously suggesting that I didn't listen? Just because I didn't agree doesn't mean I didn't listen.

I was addressing the OP who had taken a large break. Now, I don't know when that break was, but judging by what affixes were mentioned, the OP took a break in the middle of Ep. 5 and probably didn't have access to LS units. The best OP could have are probably Bode units. So I suggested going for Schvelle units while the Road to Etoile campaign is still active. Even Cleasis would be decent and are currently really easy to get. LS, in contrast, are still a pain in the butt to get.

There have already been units added since Schvelle were introduced: Novel, Equidic Grudge, and Avion Orb/Dusk. These units show the same pattern that we have seen all along: the balance of stats on units vary pretty wildly. There is no guarantee that new units will have a nice balance of stats. Schvelle has a nice balance of stats, like I said they are pretty close to LS.

Yes, we are all aware of the power creep that can happen at any time. We all take a risk when we commit to affixing any set of units. You said that OP should wait for Liberate units. Don't forget I AGREED with that.

Saffran
Dec 9, 2019, 03:54 PM
There's litterally a set of 6s Schwelle Units given out in the road to etoile campaign, grab that for a start (you don't even need to affix them) and then wait and see for the next power creep.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 9, 2019, 05:55 PM
Are you seriously suggesting that I didn't listen? Just because I didn't agree doesn't mean I didn't listen.

I was addressing the OP who had taken a large break. Now, I don't know when that break was, but judging by what affixes were mentioned, the OP took a break in the middle of Ep. 5 and probably didn't have access to LS units. The best OP could have are probably Bode units. So I suggested going for Schvelle units while the Road to Etoile campaign is still active. Even Cleasis would be decent and are currently really easy to get. LS, in contrast, are still a pain in the butt to get.

There have already been units added since Schvelle were introduced: Novel, Equidic Grudge, and Avion Orb/Dusk. These units show the same pattern that we have seen all along: the balance of stats on units vary pretty wildly. There is no guarantee that new units will have a nice balance of stats. Schvelle has a nice balance of stats, like I said they are pretty close to LS.

Yes, we are all aware of the power creep that can happen at any time. We all take a risk when we commit to affixing any set of units. You said that OP should wait for Liberate units. Don't forget I AGREED with that.

relax

There's litterally a set of 6s Schwelle Units given out in the road to etoile campaign, grab that for a start (you don't even need to affix them) and then wait and see for the next power creep.

if you dont have Lightstream already, do this ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

LordKaiser
Dec 9, 2019, 06:35 PM
Apprentice Soul, Any reverie here, Doom Break III and whatever else. If you're a whale you may be able to add Crack V and Mana Reverie. (Not recommended.)

Loveless62
Dec 9, 2019, 07:25 PM
relax
You're the one who threw bullet points at me LOL

Apprentice Soul, Any reverie here, Doom Break III and whatever else. If you're a whale you may be able to add Crack V and Mana Reverie. (Not recommended.)
Of the reveries other than Mana, Persona has the best attack stats, has the easiest downside to live with, and is usually the cheapest to purchase.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 9, 2019, 08:20 PM
You're the one who threw bullet points at me LOL

I didnt, because if I did, YOU would for sure know it. I would have made sure YOU knew exactly that I was talking about YOU and only YOU

there feel better now?

Shear
Dec 10, 2019, 04:29 AM
Guys. be nice. Fighting over stuff like that just ruins the mood.

On Topic, Agreed on the Persona Reverie, 13* Units usually already have really good Defense so the Def malus doesn't hurt as much.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 10, 2019, 05:30 AM
Guys. be nice. Fighting over stuff like that just ruins the mood.

On Topic, Agreed on the Persona Reverie, 13* Units usually already have really good Defense so the Def malus doesn't hurt as much.

in the current relevant UH content, you NEED Def, Hp is always nice but a unit like Rappy Shine in UH content aint cutting it anymore. So a nice combo of Def+Hp will of course help you more than just pure Hp. I'm not going to advocate pure Def either

Shear
Dec 10, 2019, 05:47 AM
Also agreed on that, my 1500 HP saved my Ass many times. I mostly say the Def less an Issue with the new 13* Units because they get a very hefty boost in Def compared to their 12* variant. 50 Points each in fact. If you use Novel Units it's even higher as defense wise they are the strongest units and even have a beefy HP Bonus. A shame they only have 2 PP each, though the Upgrade might fix that.

mother clusterfck
Dec 13, 2019, 10:24 AM
Shvelle units are very good, not at all garbage. It's just that the difference to Lightstream isn't big enough to make new units if you have good LS units already.

That aside, what did UH change about def? I tested Rappy Shine vs Zeinesis several times in XH and the difference was only 30-40 damage. Is the difference bigger in UH?

echofaith
Dec 13, 2019, 10:47 AM
UH enemies seem to have lower base ATK, but a higher multiplier(after the atk-def part is done) so defense does work better there. In fact, if you stack enough you will get less damage than on XH. Rappy Shine is basically dead on UH, but you get to be overall tankier if you raise your defense instead.

Zephyrion
Dec 13, 2019, 11:13 AM
in the current relevant UH content, you NEED Def, Hp is always nice but a unit like Rappy Shine in UH content aint cutting it anymore. So a nice combo of Def+Hp will of course help you more than just pure Hp. I'm not going to advocate pure Def either

While I do agree with the fact UH needs DEF, comparing the DEF malus from triple persona Reverie to Rappy Shine seems a bit...overblown. even in UH -60DEF doesn't translate to taking 400+ damage like Shine does. and at the end of the day, the HP/PP malus from the other reveries is also annoying. You can also largely offset that by using Ex type souls and glare affixes if you so choose (also mentioning the whale options like Crack, Returner or Ether factor if that's your jam)

ArcaneTechs
Dec 13, 2019, 01:30 PM
While I do agree with the fact UH needs DEF, comparing the DEF malus from triple persona Reverie to Rappy Shine seems a bit...overblown. even in UH -60DEF doesn't translate to taking 400+ damage like Shine does. and at the end of the day, the HP/PP malus from the other reveries is also annoying. You can also largely offset that by using Ex type souls and glare affixes if you so choose (also mentioning the whale options like Crack, Returner or Ether factor if that's your jam)

I implore to use Rappy Shine in UH if you arent already doing it and compare dmg taken from units with standard 350+ Def like LS and tell me you think Rappy Shine is worth using for stuff that hits 777 or higher. That -Def is very noticeable. Do whatever you want though, floor is usually everyones best friend

Serinah
Dec 14, 2019, 09:42 PM
I implore to use Rappy Shine in UH if you arent already doing it and compare dmg taken from units with standard 350+ Def like LS and tell me you think Rappy Shine is worth using for stuff that hits 777 or higher. That -Def is very noticeable. Do whatever you want though, floor is usually everyones best friend

You're the only one that keep mentioning using Rappy Shine though.
All that's being said, is that the Defense drop from Persona Reverie isn't really severe enough to worry about.

Kondibon
Dec 14, 2019, 10:11 PM
Be like me and have a rappy shine with persona reverie on it. :wacko:

Jokes aside, in my experience Rappy Shine isn't that bad in UH, and I usually found my survivability better than other rear units, the main reason I stopped using it was the lack of atk and pp, combined with 13* units having enough defense to let me survive stuff I couldn't with my old 12* units without rappy shine.

EDIT: Oh, and the healing nerf in UH free fields and the UQ made using hp for tanking harder to upkeep.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 14, 2019, 10:25 PM
You're the only one that keep mentioning using Rappy Shine though.
All that's being said, is that the Defense drop from Persona Reverie isn't really severe enough to worry about.

Enjoy the floor

@kondi

Healing nerf is annoying but if youre good at the game its not that bad

Zulastar
Dec 15, 2019, 02:02 AM
Healing nerf is annoying but if youre good at the game its not that bad

I really hate this shit.

I'm using Novell back ATM along with Schvelle arms and legs. I'm prepare Novell legs too (arms don't drop as always), but don't use it before an upgrade 'cause of much lose:

https://i.imgur.com/1TJbtlq.png (https://i.imgur.com/1TJbtlq.png)

I still need to add some S-ability to back unit (probably 7% damage decrease or these Angelic Wing dropped recently I dunno) but I still need these 5PP too, so waiting for an upgrade as well.

And about cheap ass like me, who prefere fashion more against afiixing:

1 Cheapest ones are: Persona Reverie for ATK, Ex Ares Soul for HP and Arks Fever for PP.
Others fill with all slot numbers and money aviable.

2 Crack, Returner, Ether factor, Astral Soul, or even Mana Reverie are too bothersome and expensive.
But without them units with S-abilities less than 6 slot are nonsense.

Kondibon
Dec 15, 2019, 03:25 PM
Enjoy the floor
losing maybe, at most 60-80 def overall isn't going to make or break most players. The things that end up killing people a lot in UH are stuff that does so much damage that if you aren't focused on defense is going to kill you anyway. Stuff like PD's Swoop, or Blizzard Banther's AoE freeze. (the later of which I should mention, I can survive with rappy shine. :wacko: )

Healing nerf is annoying but if youre good at the game its not that badYeah, but it's more of a problem with rappy shine, when you're taking more damage and have more hp to heal, which was my point. I was citing it as a reason I stopped using the unit in UH.

the_importer_
Dec 15, 2019, 06:25 PM
Speaking of affixing, has anyone tried those Ripper affixes? Do they work with techs or only physical damage?

Kondibon
Dec 15, 2019, 07:50 PM
Speaking of affixing, has anyone tried those Ripper affixes? Do they work with techs or only physical damage?

They probably work with everything, but considering they tend to be super specific in their targets, and also only good on low rarity stuff, they don't seem worth using. I don't even know if they're transferable.

GHNeko
Dec 15, 2019, 09:29 PM
They probably work with everything, but considering they tend to be super specific in their targets, and also only good on low rarity stuff, they don't seem worth using. I don't even know if they're transferable.

they're transferable and they're absolutely worth using.

Kondibon
Dec 15, 2019, 09:42 PM
they're transferable and they're absolutely worth using.On what? A couple of old gimmick weapons? Honestly I just don't like enemy type or element specific damage bonuses, so maybe it's just me.

GHNeko
Dec 15, 2019, 09:50 PM
On what? A couple of old gimmick weapons? Honestly I just don't like enemy type or element specific damage bonuses, so maybe it's just me.

Slayers are a lot more situational, but Rippers? Way more practical. They're useful on as recent as 13* weapons because it's a 7% damage increase. They're not useful in all situations, but you can very much get a good amount of mileage out of them. Darker Slayer is easily the most practical of them considering the sheer amount of darkers in this game.

It's not just a couple of old gimmick weapons.

Kondibon
Dec 15, 2019, 10:10 PM
Slayers are a lot more situational, but Rippers? Way more practical. They're useful on as recent as 13* weapons because it's a 7% damage increase. They're not useful in all situations, but you can very much get a good amount of mileage out of them. Darker Slayer is easily the most practical of them considering the sheer amount of darkers in this game.

It's not just a couple of old gimmick weapons.I'd argue that if you're using a 13* at all nowadays it's for a gimmick, or because you can't afford anything better. In which case, why would you be investing in it? I didn't know the damage increase was 7% for 13*s though, I thought it was lower. I just can't think of a situation where I wouldn't just want a better weapon that works on anything and requires less investment to be decent.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 15, 2019, 11:43 PM
I'd argue that if you're using a 13* at all nowadays it's for a gimmick, or because you can't afford anything better. In which case, why would you be investing in it? I didn't know the damage increase was 7% for 13*s though, I thought it was lower. I just can't think of a situation where I wouldn't just want a better weapon that works on anything and requires less investment to be decent.

13* crafting + Rippers but uhh remember, power creep which is why I'm guessing you're calling it a Gimmick which technically what I've been avoiding since 13* crafting has a been thing. Naturally Bo players benefit from it the most because of that class skill but eventually as higher tier 15*s release it becomes useless again

the_importer_
Dec 16, 2019, 12:00 AM
I'd argue that if you're using a 13* at all nowadays it's for a gimmick, or because you can't afford anything better. In which case, why would you be investing in it? I didn't know the damage increase was 7% for 13*s though, I thought it was lower. I just can't think of a situation where I wouldn't just want a better weapon that works on anything and requires less investment to be decent.

If it is indeed 7%, then it's interesting for a Fo/Te with elemental conversion. I'm thinking a full elemental set of Crafted Val rods at +35 with 3 multiplying SSAs, Phrase Weak, the matching elemental Ripper, Tech V, Apprentice Soul and Grace Tech. I would also change their broken appearance to mach my old 10★ elemental set weapons (the ones that multiplied element by 16%).

Kondibon
Dec 16, 2019, 12:03 AM
13* crafting + Rippers but uhh remember, power creep which is why I'm guessing you're calling it a Gimmick which technically what I've been avoiding since 13* crafting has a been thing. Naturally Bo players benefit from it the most because of that class skill but eventually as higher tier 15*s release it becomes useless againI don't even mean in the context of power creep, just that you're spending a lot of resources to do what other weapons can do with less investment. The only reason to do that imo, is because the weapon in question does something unique, or has a really high specific multiplier, and there' aren't a lot of 13* or lower weapons that have a unique effect that isn't a gimmick, or done better by a higher rarity weapon with an SSA. 13* crafting isn't cheap.

For what it's worth though, I don't think gimmick builds are bad, just that they aren't enough for me to recommend ripper affixes to a normal player. Using the affixes themselves IS the gimmick honestly.

If it is indeed 7%, then it's interesting for a Fo/Te with elemental conversion. I'm thinking a full elemental set of Crafted Val rods at +35 with 3 multiplying SSAs, Phrase Weak, the matching elemental Ripper, Tech V, Apprentice Soul and Grace Tech. I would also change their broken appearance to mach my old 10★ elemental set weapons (the ones that multiplied element by 16%).

I don't even think we have the affixes for every element yet, let alone the relevant ones. Not to mention they all come from different seasonal/event EQs, so some of them straight up aren't dropping right now. If they were more accessable then I don't think I'd have as much of a problem with them.

EDIT: Also, I think Invade or a profound weapon would be better for that, since their pots have secondary effects, and in the case of invade, more damage.

the_importer_
Dec 16, 2019, 12:18 AM
I don't even think we have the affixes for every element yet, let alone the relevant ones. Not to mention they all come from different seasonal/event EQs, so some of them straight up aren't dropping right now. If they were more accessable then I don't think I'd have as much of a problem with them.

Just checked the shops, they're all available, prices vary. That being said, I also checked to affix rate, 20% for with 3 fodders!!! Eat my dick PSO2 Team!!

ArcaneTechs
Dec 16, 2019, 01:56 AM
I don't even mean in the context of power creep, just that you're spending a lot of resources to do what other weapons can do with less investment. The only reason to do that imo, is because the weapon in question does something unique, or has a really high specific multiplier, and there' aren't a lot of 13* or lower weapons that have a unique effect that isn't a gimmick, or done better by a higher rarity weapon with an SSA. 13* crafting isn't cheap.

I should have mentioned everything you listed here as to what else I was referring to but assumed you knew what I meant

Just checked the shops, they're all available, prices vary. That being said, I also checked to affix rate, 20% for with 3 fodders!!! Eat my dick PSO2 Team!!

he thinks 20% is bad lol

GHNeko
Dec 16, 2019, 02:53 AM

Because investing in crafting weapons with ripper essentially lets your weapon btfo of Atlas on average, and in some cases cleanly beat LS.

Kondibon
Dec 16, 2019, 04:17 AM
Because investing in crafting weapons with ripper essentially lets your weapon btfo of Atlas on average, and in some cases cleanly beat LS.I'll take your word for it then.

milranduil
Dec 16, 2019, 06:13 AM

val weapons have obnoxious variance, so you would never want to do something like this without 100% crit. you'd be better off using invade rods for this purpose if you want, but they don't beat LS without slayers added too. there's no point unless you are min-maxing for a specific purpose (or are questionably insane like neko).

the_importer_
Dec 16, 2019, 10:09 AM
val weapons have obnoxious variance, so you would never want to do something like this without 100% crit. you'd be better off using invade rods for this purpose if you want, but they don't beat LS without slayers added too. there's no point unless you are min-maxing for a specific purpose (or are questionably insane like neko).

I wouldn't know, never used a Val weapon before, I just figured it was a nerfed Atlas minus S4. That being said, I know the variance of the regular weapon crafting has changed a while back to be more like regular rare weapon, I don't know if it's the same for crafting 13★ weapons.

Anyway, like I said earlier, the affix rate on these Ripper are borderline insane, not getting involved with this.

Kondibon
Dec 16, 2019, 10:21 AM
val weapons have obnoxious variance, so you would never want to do something like this without 100% crit. you'd be better off using invade rods for this purpose if you want, but they don't beat LS without slayers added too. there's no point unless you are min-maxing for a specific purpose (or are questionably insane like neko).Damage variance gets normalized for crafted weapons doesn't it? The main reason not to use Val weapons for crafted 13*s would be the fact that the pot is 10% damage and nothing else, when there are other 13*s with s1-3 with better pots.

the_importer_
Dec 16, 2019, 11:33 AM
Damage variance gets normalized for crafted weapons doesn't it? The main reason not to use Val weapons for crafted 13*s would be the fact that the pot is 10% damage and nothing else, when there are other 13*s with s1-3 with better pots.

Invade Sorcerer-NT is the only 13★ that remains with S1, S2 and S3 which does more than just 10% more damage (12%), we fall in the 14★ after that.

Dark Mits
Dec 16, 2019, 11:48 AM
I am not a theorycrafter, but from the posts here I've understood the following: -NT crafting is worth going for only and only if all of the following happen at the same time:
1) Extended to max rank (obviously)
2) Effective Crit rate boosted to near 100%
3) Slayer/Ripper combination for a specific enemy type and element, with Darker / Light being the most useful.
4) Weapon must be among some very limited pool of weapons that have S-ability availability AND overpowering potential when compared to flat +10% / +13% boost.

If the above all happen, the weapon provides a noticeable performance boost for the specific Enemy Type / Element combination. If one of the above does not apply, the weapon provides barely noticeable (if any) performance boost over 15*s. So the crux is that unless it's a seriously devoted player, it's not worth going for it.

silo1991
Dec 16, 2019, 04:26 PM
I am not a theorycrafter, but from the posts here I've understood the following: -NT crafting is worth going for only and only if all of the following happen at the same time:
3) Slayer/Ripper combination for a specific enemy type and element, with Darker / Light being the most useful.
4) Weapon must be among some very limited pool of weapons that have S-ability availability AND overpowering potential when compared to flat +10% / +13% boost.

If the above all happen, the weapon provides a noticeable performance boost for the specific Enemy Type / Element combination. If one of the above does not apply, the weapon provides barely noticeable (if any) performance boost over 15*s. So the crux is that unless it's a seriously devoted player, it's not worth going for it.

in the case of the zeinesis wand its a good idea to craft it ? im considering it because i like the effect of party heal and damage buff and there is no S-ability that does something similar so far

and as fully technique Te/Fo that weapon got outdated in matter of damage long ago

ArcaneTechs
Dec 16, 2019, 05:21 PM

Invade NT and I think a specific 7 or 8* series are the only ones worth bothering for crafting unless you're filling in for a specific niche. The 7/8* series ( I can't remember the name) only reaches 14/15* damage if it manages several extensive affixes for stuff like Rippers, Ult Busters etc @ 8's to make it work.

Dark Mits
Dec 16, 2019, 05:28 PM
in the case of the zeinesis wand its a good idea to craft it ? im considering it because i like the effect of party heal and damage buff and there is no S-ability that does something similar so far

and as fully technique Te/Fo that weapon got outdated in matter of damage long agoIf you are a Wand-user Te/Fo (like me), you may want to wait for Aletheia Wand to be released in PSO2es. Update: It's extending, we can add classes or try for great success. Aletheia Rod with Techer added on it can work. While it will have about 300 T-atk less than maximally extended Zeinesis, it will support S1, S2 and S3, it will bring +17% Power (Zeinesis brings +12%) and the 2% Party Power buff and heal as well. The negatives, however, are that 1) we don't know when Aletheia Wand will be available, 2) You will need extreme luck or no-lifing the relevant EQ session in PSO2es to get a single drop and 3) You will need 1500 cubes to get it to +35, since weapons from PSO2es drop at +30 cap only. On the plus side, you will not need to spend Plagrimos, Emerards, Diards etc.

Invade NT and I think a specific 7 or 8* series are the only ones worth bothering for crafting unless you're filling in for a specific niche. The 7/8* series ( I can't remember the name) only reaches 14/15* damage if it manages several extensive affixes for stuff like Rippers, Ult Busters etc @ 8's to make it work.Was it the Red and Blue weapons that drop in Advance Quests? Did they get -NT treatment or are they still exclusively OT?

-=EDIT=-
Updated a bit in the first paragraph

Kondibon
Dec 16, 2019, 05:33 PM
Invade Sorcerer-NT is the only 13★ that remains with S1, S2 and S3 which does more than just 10% more damage (12%), we fall in the 14★ after that.Invade is mainly what I was referring to. If you're going to bother doing this you might as well go all out.

2) Effective Crit rate boosted to near 100%Damage variance on crafted weapons doesn't matter unless it's an OT weapon and below a certain craft level. You don't need 100% crit.

silo1991
Dec 16, 2019, 05:44 PM
blop

that wand with zeinesis potential plus S-abilities :O , sign me in

ArcaneTechs
Dec 16, 2019, 05:51 PM
Was it the Red and Blue weapons that drop in Advance Quests? Did they get -NT treatment or are they still exclusively OT?

-=EDIT=-
Updated a bit in the first paragraph

no, I honestly don't remember the name for it

Zorak000
Dec 16, 2019, 06:18 PM
overall I think making a bunch of extended ripper/slayer weapons might be more effort than anybody needs for the game right now

however making one light weakness / anti-darker weapon, and one dark weakness/ if they ever give us an anti-glowbot ability weapon would probably still get a good amount of use

the_importer_
Dec 21, 2019, 01:44 AM
It's a great place to start affix planning, although it looks like it could use an update (no Doom Break III, S6, S7, or S8 )

Either I never learned a very important affixing strategy or this affixing tool is still in development, but have you always been able to affix more than 1 Special Ability Factor to a weapon?

[spoiler-box]https://i.postimg.cc/DZkMgL5J/2019-12-20-23-19-57-PSO2-Affixing-Assistant.png[/spoiler-box]

Anduril
Dec 21, 2019, 01:54 AM
Either I never learned a very important affixing strategy or this affixing tool is still in development, but have you always been able to affix more than 1 Special Ability Factor to a weapon?

[spoiler-box]https://i.postimg.cc/DZkMgL5J/2019-12-20-23-19-57-PSO2-Affixing-Assistant.png[/spoiler-box]

Yep; assuming you have enough slots, you can use the SAFs of all of your fodder weapons at once (ie. up to 6 SAFs can be used at once, 1 from the base and 5 from the fodder), as long as their category doesn't overlap. It's been like that since SAFs were introduced.

the_importer_
Dec 21, 2019, 09:26 AM
Yep; assuming you have enough slots, you can use the SAFs of all of your fodder weapons at once (ie. up to 6 SAFs can be used at once, 1 from the base and 5 from the fodder), as long as their category doesn't overlap. It's been like that since SAFs were introduced.

I see. Guess the question that remains now is what's more economical: Buying an 8 slot weapon with the desired SAF, buying one without 8 slot and upsloting it or doing it the old fashion way like I've been doing?