PDA

View Full Version : So how is everyone liking Etoile?

Gwyndolin
Dec 19, 2019, 03:24 AM
I'm still figuring things out, not sure what are the traps in the skill tree. I enjoy the wand, it feels fluid and lazers!! Double saber is pretty fun too and I saw a friend tearing shit up with it in eq earlier. Don't really know what I'm doing with dual blades. What's your experience been like?

XrosBlader821
Dec 19, 2019, 05:21 AM
Trap skills are Et HP restore and the flat stat boosts

Serinah
Dec 19, 2019, 07:52 AM
Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed. It seemed so slick and fun in the preview videos. I've been looking to try and main another class for a while, and it was ticking all my boxes, so it seemed like it could be the ideal class. But now that I've finally gotten my hands on it.. it just feels kind of slow and clunky.

I'm still going to try and stick out with it for a little while longer. It might just be the unfamiliarity that's making it feel that way.
But as it is now, I'll probably be looking elsewhere.

Azure Falcon
Dec 19, 2019, 07:54 AM
Struggling to wrap my head around it. Overall it feels disjointed to me, all of the successor classes have had different mechanics for each weapon type but with the previous two there was a core mechanic that remained the same (eg. mark and detonation with Phantom). With Etoile the three types have wildly different mobility, shift actions, gear usage, guard/parry/counterattack in addition to all the weapon specific actions like teleportation and PA skipping but I don't feel there is a core pillar that binds them together.

Wand feels really good, and I roughly understand DS but need to put more time in with it, but I already want to ditch DB because it feels super clunky. Also to be honest, going back to a class that can't heal with techs and doesn't have quick mate or automate feels super bad.

I'll give it another week or so, but I can see that I might go back to Phantom because it best suits the way I play.

Zulastar
Dec 19, 2019, 08:12 AM
go back to Phantom because it best suits the way I play.

Planning to do so, even Etoile have a good DPS and survivability, it's too slow: 1 dashing PA with a high cost and can't use Safoie 0 (Ilzonde).
I'm used to move with Safoie 0 even inside campship so...

silo1991
Dec 19, 2019, 09:33 AM
Planning to do so, even Etoile have a good DPS and survivability, it's too slow: 1 dashing PA with a high cost and can't use Safoie 0 (Ilzonde).
I'm used to move with Safoie 0 even inside campship so...

i move with a double saber in the same way i move with the hero sword .

etoile so far gave me a good impression , wand its perfect for attack on distance but DB and DS i cant decide in which situations i should use each

also BTW same arts pp save , does it works on techniques when Etoile its a sub class ? i just want to be sure its translated properly

DrCatco
Dec 19, 2019, 06:54 PM
[...]

Don't really know what I'm doing with dual blades. What's your experience been like?

I think that Etolie's Dual Blades are meant to be used mainly against bosses. First of all, you should get used to using Dash + Weapon action all the time. Second, you must get used to lock on the enemy all the time. From that, normal attacks will bring you closer to the enemy, and you can use Connect ((Dash + WA) + WA, spend a Gear bar) or Full Connect ((Dash + WA) + WA + WA, spend two Gear bars) whenever you feel convenient. At least that's what I think.

Also, for me, Same Arts PP Save is the trap here. If I understand the mechanic correctly, every time you use the same PA you get a reduction rate. But realistically, how many times can you use the same PA before you are forced to move? So I think that that skill, at level 4 (using the same PA 5 times to get a 35% reduction) or level 6 (using the same PA 11 times to get a 55% reduction) would be ideal.

Ifrian-x
Dec 19, 2019, 08:04 PM
I have been loving Etoile so far, although it feels like the wand is just so much better in most situations than the other two.

Dual Blades seems great for bosses that do not move a lot, but for most bosses with low exposure times, it feels like the shortened luminous Flare hits for way more damage in a shorter time, since you can just spam it before the boss runs away.

Double Saber is pretty much the "I am not confident with this content and i do not want to die" weapon, itīs easy to play and the mechanics are straightforward, and you get a lot of tankiness.

The damage seems a bit unreliable though.

Kondibon
Dec 19, 2019, 08:58 PM
Trap skills are Et HP restore and the flat stat boostsIt's really not. You take so little damage that being healed up to 50% constantly is a nice way to conserve mates and save overdrive for more clutch moments.

For my the Flat Attack Bonus is the trap, Etoile HP Restore is nissu, and I use the next skill tree Gwyndolin:
http://bit.ly/34BQ1pZFlat attack bonus seems like it'll be good for certain classes using Et as a sub, like Br (to buff counters), and Su.

DrCatco
Dec 19, 2019, 10:48 PM
[...]

Flat attack bonus seems like it'll be good for certain classes using Et as a sub, like Br (to buff counters), and Su.

My understanding is that pets PAs cannot be Just Attacks (so they can't miss their JA window), so Flat Attack Bonus would be useless for them.

Kondibon
Dec 19, 2019, 10:52 PM
My understanding is that pets PAs cannot be Just Attacks (so they can't miss their JA window), so Flat Attack Bonus would be useless for them.That exactly WHY flat attack bonus works. It's for NON JAs. It's for any attack that isn't JA'd as far as I know, not just "missing" it, despite what the description says. Or I could just be wrong.

DrCatco
Dec 19, 2019, 11:53 PM
[...] It's for any attack that isn't JA'd as far as I know, not just "missing" it, despite what the description says. [...]
That's the thing. An attack or PA must be able to be JA-able to miss their JA window, in which case the Flat Attack bonus would apply. Since pets attacks and PAs cannot be JA, there's no JA window to miss, so the Flat Attack bonus cannot be applied.

Simply_Just
Dec 20, 2019, 12:32 AM
It's pretty good. Has a lot of burst damage that isn't tied to a skill. Only issue I have with it is Overdrive's 5 minute cooldown. It's basically a clutch heal for when you're low on health. I'd rather the cooldown be shortened to at most 3 minutes for what it's worth. I also don't recommend taking JA critical unless you're running a crit damage build. Hero and Phantom produce better numbers for half the SP cost.

Norco
Dec 20, 2019, 04:46 AM
So far I like it, I really have to pratice Dual Blades so it feels more fluid. Double Saber is basically learning to use Weapon Actions more then the actual PAs. Then again I never make it to expert so consider this a nub perspective xD

XrosBlader821
Dec 20, 2019, 05:44 AM
That exactly WHY flat attack bonus works. It's for NON JAs. It's for any attack that isn't JA'd as far as I know, not just "missing" it, despite what the description says. Or I could just be wrong.

Swiki specifically states that Attacks need to be able to JA in the first place for it to work and specifically notes that Neither Pets nor Gu's S-Roll work.

However it does work on Hunters Counter PA from what I tested so far.

Kondibon
Dec 20, 2019, 06:39 AM
Swiki specifically states that Attacks need to be able to JA in the first place for it to work and specifically notes that Neither Pets nor Gu's S-Roll work.

However it does work on Hunters Counter PA from what I tested so far.So it's actually useless. Got it. :wacko:

Shear
Dec 20, 2019, 07:19 AM
Pretty much, I was wondering why the Bonus was so large but if it's like that ... yeah.

Kondibon
Dec 20, 2019, 08:25 AM
Pretty much, I was wondering why the Bonus was so large but if it's like that ... yeah.

Well 30% is the base JA bonus, so it makes sense, It basically makes it so even if you slip up you still get at least that, but considering you still lose out on all the other JA bonuses, you would still want to try and JA as often as possible.

Velmoria
Dec 20, 2019, 09:59 AM
Have lot of fun with it as RaEt, just need get used with Tech Arts since I been spoiled by RaHu's simplicity for too long.
Damage boost certainly higher than RaHu, 70% damage resist & Massive Stand making my Atra Ex rifle & launcher obsolete.

I rarely rely on HP drain, so I'm fine with Heal nerf as long I can use Mates, though it also nerf my Mag heal (8x HP Recovery B) so I'm still thinking which trigger ability to replace it.

As for the class itself, I haven't actually try DS & DB, but to able fly up and down manually with Wand is a bliss.

vantpers
Dec 20, 2019, 10:34 AM
However it does work on Hunters Counter PA from what I tested so far.
Didn't work for me. Are you sure about that?

XrosBlader821
Dec 20, 2019, 03:41 PM
Didn't work for me. Are you sure about that?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/635860360410169344/657263286005268481/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/635860360410169344/657263329529561090/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/635860360410169344/657263405039878144/unknown.png

Always tested on the first hit of the counter PA (first Screen was just taken a little late but it is the first hit).
If it doesn't apply then I dunno why i got a damage bonus the second time around. Learning Flat Attack Bonus is the only difference Skill tree wise

NightfallG
Dec 20, 2019, 04:25 PM
wand feels hilariously overpowered, especially its charged up weapon action. doublesaber has some stuff going on, dual blades kinda feel like butt. orb weapons feel great on it especially with Same Save, novel weapons feel great on it. the whole class feels heads and tails above the rest to me and pretty damn brainless.

vantpers
Dec 20, 2019, 04:41 PM
Always tested on the first hit of the counter PA (first Screen was just taken a little late but it is the first hit).
If it doesn't apply then I dunno why i got a damage bonus the second time around. Learning Flat Attack Bonus is the only difference Skill tree wise
I rerun tests on all of Hunter weapons but it still gave me the same result - flat attack bonus didn't apply. Are you using the separate guard rings or the all in one? That's the only thing that could make a difference for whatever reason.

Zulastar
Dec 20, 2019, 05:18 PM
pretty damn brainless.

On the last Christmas UH I was need to AFK right during a Greuzoras Drago boss fight. When I returned I found myself alive with 50% HP and not dead even once.

PS: I jush had my Full Connect hit 3 Arms at same time for 999999 each to their weakspots with WB on it >_<

PPS: 999999 with Full connect to the Arm not even require WB, just hit a weakspot with it.

XrosBlader821
Dec 21, 2019, 10:16 AM
I rerun tests on all of Hunter weapons but it still gave me the same result - flat attack bonus didn't apply. Are you using the separate guard rings or the all in one? That's the only thing that could make a difference for whatever reason.

Im using the all in one Ring.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 21, 2019, 10:55 AM
How do you people feel about etoile vs hero?

Kondibon
Dec 21, 2019, 11:33 AM
How do you people feel about etoile vs hero?I like Etoile's aesthetic more, but my only actual problem with Hero is that TMGs are just PP batteries.

vantpers
Dec 21, 2019, 11:40 AM
Im using the all in one Ring.
I checked it now on both ring types and I couldn't get Flat Attack to apply. Something stupid like those photon effects in free fields might've skewed your result cause I tried to force it to work in many different ways with null results.

EDIT: Actually somehow my Hu/Et deals now a tiny bit higher damage than Hu/Fi with all in one ring. It doesn't really match expected 14% higher counter damage on Hu/Et but there is still about 120 attack Fighter has over Etoile and I have wasted enough passes testing this thing.

EDIT2: Never mind I used the wrong stance. Etoile just doesn't boost the Hunter counters

SteveCZ
Dec 21, 2019, 01:10 PM
I like Etoile as much as I like Hero. But my heart belongs to Phantom. <3

LancerFate
Dec 21, 2019, 03:14 PM
DB Full Connect so satisfying on some encounters like Elder EQ, reminds me of MHW Charge Blade SAED.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 21, 2019, 04:21 PM
DB Full Connect so satisfying on some encounters like Elder EQ, reminds me of MHW Charge Blade SAED.

Without nearly as much ungodly setup.

[Ayumi]
Dec 23, 2019, 01:39 AM
When Phantom was first announced and shown, I really hated what I saw ane was sure I would hate it.
Phantom finally came out and after playing it and even getting it to 90, I thought "Yup... I was right. I really don't like this class. I rather Rifle on Ranger and Gunner, and I rather be Force with a Rod. Will never like Katana."

When I heard Toilette was pure melee I once again went "Yup. I know for a fact I will not like this class as I don't like melee."
Like Twin Sabers on Bouncer, don't like Fighter or Doublesabers in this game compared to PSU, and I don't like Techer or Wand.

Then I started playing with the class and surprisingly... I really like the class. Well, 2 weapons of the class at least.
I really dislike Twin Sabers on this class and I find them the most annoying and unfun. Doublesaber seems really awesome and I also like the fact that one of the PAs is Blade Destruction from PSP2 for Twin Sabers (which.. is weird... why didn't they give this PA to... you know... the Twin Sabers?)
As for wands? My top favourite weapon on this class. Not only it has a few range attacks, it seems like the type of weapon best suited for my playstyle. It feels like they took Techer's Wand, Force's Rod, and Bouncer's Boots and made it into a weapon.

I now need to get a good Wand to try on the class as I never had a good Wand due to mainly using Techer as a subclass before, rather than as a main class.

oratank
Dec 23, 2019, 02:03 AM
to me DS play like Ph katana but hit harder

Kondibon
Dec 23, 2019, 02:12 AM
I never gave my feelings on it, but they're very simple.

Magical.
Girl.
Class.

Anduril
Dec 23, 2019, 02:30 AM
I never gave my feelings on it, but they're very simple.

Magical.
Girl.
Class.

I concur with this sentiment. Floating around, shooting glitter everywhere, and truly flashy finishers; this is the quintessential heart of the magical girl, and I love it.
Of the three successor classes, Etoile is a close second, losing out only by virtue of me loving Phantom Rifle's acrobatics so much.

oratank
Dec 23, 2019, 03:01 AM
https://image.swiki.jp/img1/?host=pso2&page=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B8%E3%82%AB%E3%83%AB%E3%82%A6 %E3%82%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89&src=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B8%E3%82%AB%E3%83%AB%E3%82%A6% E3%82%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89%E8%A9%B3%E7%B4%B0.jpg

Magical object for Magical girl

otakun
Dec 23, 2019, 04:44 AM
The class is OP cause thanks to damage balancer I unlocked expert. My terrible defending skills aren't so harshly punished.

Kondibon
Dec 23, 2019, 04:50 AM
The class is OP cause thanks to damage balancer I unlocked expert. My terrible defending skills aren't so harshly punished.I mean, I unlocked expert by cheesing stuff with Su. Expert requirements are bogus anyway.